Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

Before arriving on Nar Shadaa, Kel Sent a transmission asking that a medical transport be readied upon their arrival. Thankfully Yava had managed to survive her overdose for the duration of the voyage. Once they had arrived Yava had been loaded on to said transport and taken to a hospital. The remaining scavengers looked towards Kel with very mixed expressions ranging from curiosity to concern. One of them stepped forward and asked "So, You have our captain in your custody. What is to become of the rest of us?" a legitimate concern to be certain. Their time under the sith had left them shaken. and with Yava in her current Condition, the only other person they could turn to was Kel.

"You have all been through a horrible ordeal. I can only imagine the despicable treatment you've received at the hands of the sith. It would be completely understandable for you to be wary of force sensitives like myself and the Jedi. I could preach to you all day long about the righteous cause of the jedi, but i know that to people like yourselves, actions speak louder than words. Once Yava is released from medical care, you will be free to do as you wish. But know this, traversing the maw is no easy feat. To do so while under the oppressive thumb of a Sith and survive means that you are all highly skilled. And i don't mean to brag, but i know people in the order. If you would like, I could speak to Master Sandy or even Grand Master Adenna. If you work with us we can offer security and safe harbors for you and your captain. You would no longer need to rely on shady jobs from questionable groups like the sith for employment. with the Jedi, you will have a safe and reliable source of revenue. But most important of all, you will have Freedom. The choice is yours." And with that, Kel Departed from the scavenger ship and went to head quarters to regroup with Sandy, Aiden, and his trusty astromech R5.

5V8Toxy.png

• 2 weeks later...

R5 quickly rolled up Kel and sounded off a set of disgruntled beeps and trills. "Oh Come on R5, you act like you've never flown around black holes before." the droid then let loose another high pitched whine. as if to say  'that's not all and you know it!' "I know, I know. One of these days I'll take you to visit the droid spa. Will that make you happy?" R5 gave a satisfied beep before getting in line behind Kel. "You're a real drama queen ya know."

Kel received a comm message from Master Sandy bidding him to join her in the grand master's office. Once Kel entered the room, he gave a bow in greeting to the grand master Adenna and Master Sandy respectively. "You wanted to see me Master?"  

5V8Toxy.png

While Kel Dorin facial expressions were notoriously difficult to read, one look at Kel's could tell anyone of his surprise. Knight hood? He was really being promoted? His initial shock soon gave way to joy and excitement. The only thing that could have made this moment better was if his sibling apprentice Frond had been here to witness it. But alas, this conflict has affected everyone involved. Some more than others. He could only hope that his friend would get well soon if he hasn't already.

Upon receiving approval from Grand master Adenna, She also asked how Kel planned to contribute to the order as a knight. "You know, that's a good question. When i first joined the Order, I wanted to be a seeker of sorts. I want to explore the galaxy and learn everything of the force that I can. But this war is causing so much destruction and strife that i can't just ignore it. So right now, the only thing i can do is devote myself to seeing that this war is ended. So until that day comes, I will fight to ensure the protection of the innocent and the survival of my brothers and sisters in the order as well as our comrades." 

5V8Toxy.png

Kel stood observing the holo maps and other various digital displays with his hand cupped under what could be considered the chin of his antiox breathing mask. the bulk of intel, battle strategies, and resources was going to be a struggle to take in; but he would have to in order to live up to his new responsibilities as a knight. However, his train of thought was broken when a beep came from a nearby communications terminal. Kel answered the call and what came through was a message from a group called the Jensaarai. After listening to the transmission, their ship id codes came in.   

Kel's brow began to furrow. He wasn't familiar with the Jensaarai, But if their message indicated that they shared a common goal with the Jedi. And against the terrible might of the Sith, we would need all the help we can get.  And so Kel sent them a reply. "This is Kel Koon, Knight of the Jedi order. You are clear to approach, and I will greet you in the docking bay." Once that was done, Kel went off to meet their new arrivals.

5V8Toxy.png

As Kel descended the turbo lift he couldn't help but notice that the state of his attire had deteriorated. his Jedi garb had become tattered and frayed. and his armor had accumulated a small layer of dirt and grime. And judging by the reactions of passer by, he was likely starting to smell. So before he did anything else, he procured a fresh set of garments and went to use the refresher. The hot water washed away the sweat and dirt from his body and eliminated his body odor. With that out of the way he changed into his dark brown garb and tied his red sash around his waist. Then he began polishing his armor. Once he had polished the white duraplast to a glossy sheen he put on the armored boots, gauntlets, and chest piece. And finally he polished the alloy metal casing of his saber pistol to a shine.  Now that he was in what he considered a presentable state, Kel went to the hangar to greet the Jensaarai.

Kel had arrived at the designated landing spot just as the Jensaarai cruiser descended onto the landing platform. The Jensaarai representatives descended the boarding ramp. Their dark red armor and horned helmets reminded Kel of his recent encounter with the Sith in the maw. Kel fought to suppress the urge to reach for the saber pistol holstered at his waist. He knew that the group standing before him were not enemies, but that battle was still fresh in his mind and he had the bruises to prove it. He didn't want to start off on the wrong foot by appearing standoffish, so he decided a casual, but still respectful approach was in order.

Kel gave the group a short bow before speaking. "Good tidings members of the Jensaarai. My name is Kel Koon and i bid you welcome to our rebel headquarters." 

5V8Toxy.png

Kel watched in curiosity as the leader of the group approached him and Kyrie. He removed his helemet revealing the green skin and red eyes of a duros. He introduced himself as Defender Sarlacc followed by his companions defender Mantis who had yet to remove his helmet; and the apprentice Svata who Kel had initially greeted. Defender Sarlacc then went on to express their pledge for peace and justice and their hope for solidarity against the growing darkness. They say first impressions are everything and while on the surface the Jensaarai looked menacing, their words were of great reassurance.

The one called mantis then asked if there was a more formal area to discuss terms. "We have prepared the reception area for your arrival. However if some of you wish to inspect our facilities, then i would be happy to give you a tour. Now, if you would please follow me." Kel turned around and lead the small group towards the reception area. once they had arrived they were not only greeted by the wafting, mouth watering scents of food, but also the Grand Master herself. "I present to you the Grand Master of the Jedi order Grand Master Adenna."  

5V8Toxy.png

Kel watched on in silence as the grand master and the Jensaarai discussed the histories of each of their groups. For a moment it seemed like hostilities would ensue when defender mantis aggressively rose from his seat in response to one of Adenna's remarks, but defender sarlacc prevented any escalation. Soon after, Kel was beginning to feel out of place when he heard a ping from his comm. The Jensaarai apprentice had requested a tour. seeing this as a perfect opportunity, Kel excused himself from the gathering to acquaint himself with the new comer.

When Kel arrived at the hangar he recieved a salute from the platform guards that Svata had spoken to. "As you were good sirs. I can handle things from here." and so the guards had returned to their posts leaving Kel and Svata to their own devices. "So, shall we be going then?"

5V8Toxy.png

"I see." And so the two of them walked through thee halls until they reached a firing range which was adjacent to the armory. Kel then reached for his saber pistol and ignited the bright green blade. "There is a certain truth in that statement. There's a philosophy to the way we craft our lightsabers. Every lightsaber is unique. whether it's simply aesthetic." He then pressed a button turning the blade off, aimed the pistol at a target, and fired off a green bolt of laser fire hitting the target dead center. "Or in functionality." He then twirled the saber pistol in his hand like an actor in an old holovid before placing the weapon back in its holster. "We Jedi have a certain saying, "A lightsaber is a Jedi's life". To us the lightsaber is more than a simple tool. It is the culmination of the lessons we've learned and the struggles we've endured. It is our faithful companion in preserving our lives and the lives of the innocent. And it is the guiding light with which we shape the next generation. It is our past, present, and future."

Once he had finished his demonstration, Kel gestured for Svata to follow him yet again. "Now, i believe you wish to construct your own lightsaber yes? do you have a Kyber Crystal?"

5V8Toxy.png

"Yes, those should work quite well. And that 'tall tale' just might hold more truth you think. the crystals we use in lightsabers are special because of their attunement to the force. And since we are also attuned to it, we can draw out or even influence certain characteristics of crystals. Who knows, maybe once you finish constructing your lightsaber, those crystals could turn Blue, purple, green, or even some obscure color like orange or black. and that's not even going into color shades."

Eventually, the two of them reached a room lined with shelves and a work bench. each shelf contained a variety of parts and casings in different styles one might use for constructing a lightsaber. "It's not as much what you'd find at one of our temples, but I'm sure between this and the armory, you should be able to construct a worthwhile lightsaber. So, are you ready to get started?"

5V8Toxy.png