Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

Adenna had been so busy working with the Rebel Alliance over the past few weeks that she began to feel guilty as though she was neglecting the Jedi Order. She had never been one to believe in tightly controlling others, but rather giving them a bit of freedom to go as the Force needed. Events in the Galaxy had come to a slight lull with both the Rebels and Sith focusing on consolidating their territory, but she had the sense that there was going to be a need to fight soon. For now, she was content on allowing the Jedi to focus on training and bonding with each other, but soon, all who were able would be called to war.

With the Empress off negotiating with the Sith, Adenna was hesitant to launch a major offensive, but that did leave some other options. One thing she wanted to do was to pair off some of the newer, recently promoted Jedi Knights with more experienced fighters, and that included herself. There were several Jedi here on Nar Shaddaa who were waiting assignment and a sense of purpose and she needed to find them that. Plenty felt the call to serve and fight for the Light and it would be wrong to deny them that opportunity.

One of the things she really wanted to focus on was working with the Imperial Knights. Despite passing their exorcism test, there was still a good deal of distrust between the Imperial Knights and the Jedi Order. She needed to find a way to bridge that gap through example and could think of no better opportunity than to work directly with one of their number.

After a small bit of bouncing around between various members of both the old Imperial Remnant and the Imperial Knights themselves, she finally found someone with both the authority and the willingness to work with her. They eventually consented to send a Knight Skyshatter to work with her, though they were not exactly thrilled with the idea. Adenna realized there would need to be some diplomacy here, but felt she could handle it. It was far more important to fight the Sith than for her to take offense at any sleight from their allies.

She sent an invitation for Knight Skyshatter to come up to her office so they could get a sense of each other.

Edited by Adenna Alluyen

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna was glad that the Imperial Knight had arrived so promptly. She definitely appreciated the military precision sense of urgency that the Imperials and the Imperial Knights exhibited from her time fighting with Thalassia's anti-slavery military units. The contrast between his crimson armor and her own blue robes was also striking to her, but it wasn't the outward appearance that mattered, it was the inside and motivations of the individual swathed in that attire.

"Just Master Alluyen," she said, though she despised the title itself. To her, "master" was a hearkening back to the days of her childhood surrounded by the presence and threat of slavery. Still, the rest of the Galaxy and especially the Jedi Order didn't have those same connotations to the title. As much as she hated it, she realized that it was necessary to bear the title if not out of a desire for respect to herself, but for respect of the position and Jedi Order itself. Titles and ranks were important to keeping order and the chain of command, so she bore it.

She gestured for the Knight to sit. "I am glad you have come and realize you may not be exactly thrilled about being called from your comrades and working with a Jedi. I take no offense to it as I myself still have lingering reservations at times when I work with Imperials. Full transparency: I fought the Empire and still bear a scar from being shot by Stormtroopers. Despite that, I realize that there is a far bigger threat and compared to our duty to oppose the Sith, whatever comparatively insignificant differences I may have with Imperials or the Galactic Alliance or even fellow Jedi need to be put aside."

She pushed a few buttons on her desk's holoprojector causing a display of a broken and shattered planet surrounded by red icons representing ships. "This is Coruscant, once the capital of the Empire, then the New Republic, then the Empire again, and finally the Galactic Alliance. Right now, it is in utter ruins and is being occupied by a substantial Sith fleet. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they are wanting to claim it to gain further legitimacy as the 'proper' rulers of the Galaxy. We need to know what they are doing and, just as importantly, see the plight of the countless billions of innocents still trapped on the planet.

"I intend on modifying and making use of some of the captured Black Sun shuttles we took over Dark Sun Station to land myself and a dozen troopers serving the Jedi Order on the planet so we can see firsthand what is going on there. I have talked and worked with some of your ranking officers in the Imperial Knights and with Rebel Command and you have been assigned to come with me as a sign of solidarity.

"I do not suspect this will be an easy mission, but it is critical and it is important that I do this and with an Imperial Knight. I am tired of this pointless rift between our Orders and want to do everything possible to bring us back together. As the leader of the Jedi Order, I also need to be proactive in this war lest I become just another armchair general. I won't force you to come along this mission. If you wish, I will rescind my request and ask for another Imperial Knight to join me. However, if you do agree to come on this mission, I will be your commanding officer and expect my orders to be followed just as you would any other member of the Imperial Knights. Dissent among the ranks won't help anyone down in enemy territory."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna was pleased to hear this. "Yes, I do intend on taking the fight to the Sith. I refuse to bow to their evil nor allow it to go unanswered. I don't expect your undying loyalty, only that we fight together against our enemy."

She stood and said, "We will be departing tomorrow at 0600 from hangar C24. We will take the Justice's Mandate most of the way there, then the captured and reprogrammed shuttle to Coruscant itself. I look forward to working with you on this mission and pray the Force is with us all."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

When her alarm went off, Adenna reluctantly waved her hand over its sensor to silence it. Though it was only 0500 local time, it was time to get ready for her mission to Coruscant. She waited a few minutes, mentally preparing herself for what lay ahead. She missed Tobias: it simply wasn't the same waking up to an empty bed. Though she still stood by her decision to send him into semi-exile for the sake of the Order, it still hurt her personally.

She arrived at the hangar at 0552 ready to launch. She saw Knight Skyshatter there waiting, as well as a dozen hardened veteran Shocktroopers specializing in infiltration and small unit tactics. They boarded the captured shuttle and, once everyone was secure, left Nar Shaddaa's surface, then atmosphere. They passed by the growing fleet of Rebel and Jedi ships until they approached the Republic class Star Destroyer Justice's Mandate and docked with it.

Even before they exited the shuttle, the capital ship began orienting itself for the jump to hyperspace.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 2 months later...

After their mission on Coruscant, Adenna and the rest of the team plus an old ally returned to the safety of the Rebel capital. Taking a shuttle down from the Justice's Mandate, Adenna and the rest of the team went straight to the medical wards. While there weren't any major medical issues among the surviving members of the team, they still needed to be checked out briefly before returning back into the rest of the population. The med bays on the Mandate had taken care of the worst of the injuries and this was mostly follow up, though with one exception.

Adenna had spent the trip back carefully pondering how to address the issue of Kyrie Eleison and the soul switching. She was not fond of the concept of possessing any being's body no matter how it came to be, but she was especially leery of going into the body of one who was killed. It smacked too much of the Sith and their profane arts.

Even then, she had to realize that a true ideological purity would not help them in this dark time. She was frustrated with the extreme purity her predecessors required and needed to be careful that she herself didn't follow down those footsteps and alienate allies. Keeping the Imperial Knights close was the only way to possibly bring them back into the fold of the Jedi Order and healing the rift that pointlessly divided them. They needed that sort of unity to fight their true enemy: the Sith.

With some trepidation, she contacted the various Jedi healers and Imperial Knight Exorcists to assist in the transition. If they were to do this, they would do it right and with as many safeguards as possible.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 3 weeks later...

Adenna had always been able to utilizing with no more or less ability than the average Jedi, at least, that is until she had her encounter with Jidai Geki on Coruscant years and years ago. Since the infection with the same nanites that plagued his body, she had been opened to a whole new world of being able to heal and repair the body on a level most Jedi healers would sacrifice their own arm for. As result of that experience, she had taken a greater interest in healing and learned more and more about it until she had become, if not a master, a highly skilled practitioner of the arts of healing.

With a Jedi Master Healer and three of his best companions in the room, Adenna didn't need to take center stage in the odd procedure that was taking place. Still, she could contribute and choose to do so with all of her own skills. Layering Jedi upon Jedi focusing on the two bodies in question multiplied the affect of the already powerful healing affects as each was able to focus on one particular aspect while directing even more and more of the Force's healing powers into their patients. Leaving the Imperial Knights to focus on the spiritual elements of this procedure allowed the Jedi to focus entirely upon the physical healing.

They worked for quite some time to the point that Adenna was confident that they had managed to save the weakened body of the unknown girl who's body Kyrie had been inhabiting, but whether the dead body of the Anzanti would accept the Imperial Knight's spirit or even be functional after was still a mystery that would rely upon the will of the spirit going into it.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 1 month later...

With the fate of Kyrie Eleison still uncertain, there was little more for the mixed Jedi and Imperial Knights to do but trust the Force. The Imperial Knights stationed a vigil over their fallen leader in the hopes that she would waken one day, but for Adenna, she had to focus on her other responsibilities. As much as they all would have gained from having Master Eleison rejoin their ranks, they needed to focus elsewhere on the war at hand.

For these weeks, Adenna focused on improving her own skills and readiness. She had felt the darkness and pure despair that had taken over Coruscant while scouting the ruined planet. If the Jedi were to have any hope of stopping such a force, they would need to harness the Light Side to its fullest and build themselves to an army. Though there would be many who resisted among her ranks, she needed to build and train those she could to better serve in this war against the Darkness.

When not attending meetings and overseeing the consolidation and building of new ships, supply lines, alliances, and the establishment of bases, she was focused on training with and teaching Jedi from her experiences in combat. Small unit tactics had been her specialty on Thalassia and she had seen and fought in multiple battles. She brought in non-Force sensitive soldiers and officers to share their expertise. Over a hundred Jedi had answered her initial call for Jedi willing to fight. Most of them were Padawans or Knights, but there were three other Masters who were willing to learn and fight. Those Masters and Knights all brought experience and skills of their own to the larger group and so everyone learned from the newest Padawan to the Grandmaster herself.

It wasn't just personal combat that she taught and learned from, but also small and large unit tactics, military strategy, and leadership. There simply weren't enough Jedi in the Galaxy to stand against the Sith alone. It wasn't enough for Jedi to just charge into battle alone, they needed to learn how to be leaders and officers so they could lead the thousands and millions of men and women who were joining the Rebels and Jedi Armed Forces.

Slowly, as the Jedi grew stronger, their resources grew. Ships ordered at the start of the war were being finished and crews trained to operate them. Soon, there would be more ships to join the fight against the Sith Empire and Adenna would head out onto the field to fight. Until they had enough troops and ships to fight directly, she would lead a raiding party through the enemy's lines to strike at over extended supply depots and shipping routes. She would become the fly in the ointment, the constant nagging whine in the ear of the Emperor, and a constant reminder that evil wouldn't be able to rest easy. She would raid and destroy enemy resources where they were weak while taking what she could to further enrich the Rebels. It would be a bloody campaign, but evil needed to be punished and the Jedi needed a lightsaber to cut through the Darkness and bring back the Light.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as she was beginning to come to view these four walls and a desk as a sort of second home, Adenna also despised it. Partially because she didn't want to feel inclined to spend more time here, she had mostly neglected to decorate it with anything more than a couple of holopanels constantly streaming data from the war and other Galactic events. There were a few moderately comfortable chairs on the side walls, but most people preferred to stand. While she understood the Grandmaster had to have an office and serve some sort of administrative function, she was frustrated at how much time she was required to stay here instead of being out training the new recruits and Padawans or preparing for the next strike against the Sith. Still, there were times when she was able to make some good use of being stuck in this office.

Today, at least, she had some interesting guests. A slight smile teased her lips as she saw Sandy Sarna walk in with Imperial Knight Darkfire. "I am glad to see you have returned from your mission," she said with no trace of sternness. She added some sarcasm and dry humor to her next sentence, "While I am sure you are overly eager to write up a nice, long report for the Archives, why don't you give me the short but complete version of what happened?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 2 weeks later...

Adenna sat in silence as Sandy gave her report, her emotions and response kept hidden through both Force and eyes. She had learned how to take news of all stripes with the utmost impassiveness and control, both as a way to maintain an even keel and simply to not give any potential opponents any hint of her thoughts. She was displeased to hear of the loss of the old Jedi refuge, but some things could not be helped and the Force willed sacrifice and loss at times. For the rest, she would take in stride: the strategic side of her that had been forced to the forefront seemed to almost always overrun the human side of her that felt. Command was never a luxury or a thrill, it was a true sacrifice of self for the needs of the many.

After Sandy finished, there were several moments of silence as Adenna absorbed the report. She activated her desk console and entered several quick notes and a command, then sent them out to their appropriate locations. When she looked back at the pair, it was with eyes bearing the weight of a woman far older than her own thirty-three years and a face etched with more worry than most mothers of five. "I am saddened to hear of Fynn Relmis. I had lost touch with him as we had so many other Jedi and had no idea he had fallen. At least you ended his suffering."

Her blue eyes fell upon the silent Imperial Knight whom Sandy had spoken of with praise. "I have not followed Knight Darkfire's career as you have, so I cannot speak to his worthiness. Still, if you deem it true, then I shall make the recommendations, but the Imperial Knights still hold their own council and have yet to rejoin the Jedi Order."

She stood up and, with a slight sigh, said, "You have completed your task, but now I shall ask more of you." Gesturing for the two of them to follow, she set out of her office and led the two through the maze of hallways and turbolifts until they reached the depths of the complex.

After several minutes of walking, they turned a corner and were presented with a long, straight hallway that ran at least fifty meters before opening up into an open catwalk stretched three hundred meters supported by cables attached to the giant ceiling. The hallway had no windows, so they were not able to clearly see their destination until they reached the opening where hallway gave way to an elevated catwalk thirty meters from the floor.

Once there, their eyes beheld a cavernous room a hundred and fifty meters wide and three hundred meters long with a ceiling at least fifty meters tall. This was the giant foundation of the Rebel Alliance Headquarters, supported by massive pillars placed strategically throughout it that somehow, failed to minimize the true scale of the place. Though there was plenty of lighting, for now, the harsh floodlights were dimmed so that the entire room had an even glow of light without being overwhelming. Hidden to their eyes was the fact that there were dozens of massive hangars attached on all sides of the main room.

Adenna didn't pause as she reached the opening, despite the spectacle that was now before them. Within this room stood twenty thousand soldiers wearing the colors of the Jedi Order Armed Forces, all arranged in formation at battalion strength arrayed on each side of the catwalk. The battalions were further organized into regiments while each side represented an entire division. Spaced between the formations of soldiers were various and assorted assault craft, armored personnel carriers, artillery cannons, and even a few drop shuttles. In front of each regiment, a Jedi Knight stood with lightsaber drawn and ignited in salute in front of them.

As soon as the trio entered the room, the sound of twenty thousand boots banging together at attention echoed out. Without word, Adenna continued to stride across the catwalk all three hundred meters until they reached the far side where the catwalk branched out into a balcony. There, on either side of the elevated balcony, six other Jedi stood with light lightsabers in salute waiting for them.

Adenna made her way to a small podium, gesturing for Sandy and Aiden to pause at the entrance of the balcony. When she reached the podium, the sound of boot against boot again echoed out as the assembly turned to face them. Adenna looked out over the army that had been assembled for four seconds, before beginning. Her voice echoed out through the room, but not blaringly loud.

"For a thousand generations, the Jedi Order has stood against evil," she started. "We have not always succeeded, nor were we perfect, but to be a Jedi always meant being willing to fight, suffer, and sacrifice to protect others and ward against the Darkness. It is our sworn duty to stand up against the corrupt and evil and to protect the weak and innocent. Fathomless numbers of battles have been waged over countless worlds in a never ending series of wars, and millions of Jedi have given their lives in this duty and we continue to do so today. We have always stood at the front, been in the trenches, gone where none wish to go, and fought whom none else could stand against. We of the Jedi Order have the Force to comfort and guide us and to help us complete seemingly supernatural feats. We are called brave, heroic, and inspire awe in old and young alike.

"Yet, throughout this all, we have not stood alone. History holos rarely show the bravery of those who have fought along side us in our darkest hours, who also took upon themselves that same sworn duty we have embraced. Famous Jedi decorate the halls of museums and light up the pages of textbooks, but they were never alone.

"During our wars, our struggles, and our tribulations, the Jedi had allies and friends. Those not born with the ability to touch and use the Force still took up arms along side the Jedi. People from all walks of life heeded the call, left their families, and joined our cause to fight evil beside us. They didn't have the Force to protect them, yet they charged into the fray nonetheless. In truth, they were the brave ones, the heroes, and the beings whom history should never forget. They may have fought under different names, names such as the Republic or the Rebel Alliance, but they fought on with equal valor.

"Today, I salute you: soldiers of all walks of life who heeded the Jedi Order's call for aid. You put your lives on hold, volunteered to serve, and now are ready to fight along side the Jedi against the evil of the Sith Empire. You took the oaths to serve the Light, to hold yourself to a higher standard than even our comrades in the Rebel Alliance, and to be at the front of the fight with beings that hold terrifying powers.

"For months, you have been training, preparing, and steeling yourself for the war that is to come. You join tens of thousands of beings just like you who are already in the field, and are followed by tens of thousands more who will soon be where you are. You come to serve, to fight, and perhaps to die for the cause of the Light, of life and justice, and hopefully one day, of peace."

Adenna paused, then gestured at Sandy. "Before me stands a young woman who has fought from an age that no being should ever have to fight. She has joined me before she was even able to truly call herself a teen and fought through hells and darkness. She has risen through it, despite taking grievous pains and injuries. She has not just served, but taken charge and led. She has earned her place among the Jedi of storied tales, and has earned her place before you."

Adenna gestured for Sandy to step forward even as she herself left the podium. When she spoke again, her words were not amplified, but rather meant only for those Jedi on the balcony with them. "Sandy Sarna, you have served without complaint, you have fought with valor, and you have remained true to your calling. You have stood firm even when those around you, including myself, have failed you. You faced your darkness and inner demons and you have conquered them. Though I have been cruel to you and abandoned you, you still remain true to the Jedi way. Though the Dark Side has tempted you, you stayed true to the Light.  Your path has not been easy, but you have continually prevailed. You have not only earned my respect, but the respect of the entire Jedi Order and those of these before you who have come here of their own volition.

"By my authority and responsibility as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, with the enthusiastic and unanimous support of those Jedi you see here, I do hereby proclaim you to have earned the rank and privilege of Jedi Master and shall henceforth be known as Master Sarna." She took out her own lightsaber, ignited its orange blade, and held it in front of her in a salute. As she did, the dozen Jedi stretched out their blades towards Sandy, confirming their support and recognition. The assembled troops, remaining in solemn silence, began to pound their fists against armored chests, the sound of which filled the chamber and echoed in grandeur.

After holding the salute for half a minute, Adenna stilled her blade and returned it to her belt. She embraced her former Padawan, whispering into her ear, "You have made me proud, and humbled me. You have earned this many times over."

She returned to the podium and resumed, her voice once again amplified, "To all of you, I now present to you your new commanding officer, Master Sandy Sarna, the newest of a new generation of Jedi willing to sacrifice themselves in the service of the Light to protect the innocent from the evil that faces us. For her many actions leading men in multiple battlefields throughout the Galaxy, I do hereby confer upon her the sacred duty of leading you against the Sith Empire. New ships have been built and new crews trained. You shall be the army that fights in the trenches, the battlefields, and the streets of this war. You shall be the beacon of hope to an oppressed and terrified people, and at the front shall be this woman. I have no doubts that she shall lead you well and that you will stand firm against the encroaching Darkness so that it may be driven back once more to the edges of the Galaxy."

More fists clashed against chests as the Jedi stilled their blades one by one, then with a bow of their heads, formed up beside Sandy. Adenna retreated from the podium to a door at the rear of the balcony, followed by Sandy, the dozen Jedi, and finally by Aiden. After another fifty meters of walking, they came to an intersection with a door that led to a fairly large but empty briefing room.

There, the Jedi, all Knights or Masters who had volunteered to serve with the armed forces knowing the risks, congratulated Sandy. Some of these men and women had fought along side her, others had only had the pleasure of training with her. Still, all of them knew of what she had done and were overjoyed at her elevation. Adenna, having already spoken her own words, stood back and let them celebrate in their own way, waiting for Sandy to be free and come to her.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 3 weeks later...

After all was said that needed saying and done that needed doing, Adenna and Sandy returned to her office to begin debriefing the new Master. Now that the younger woman had ascended, it was time to give her access to more of the confidential information that those of her new rank were entitled to. The situation facing the Jedi and their Rebel allies was dire indeed, and while Sandy had known some of it, she didn't quite know it all.

The situation in the field was quite grim, though it wasn't impossible. Losses following the Mandalorian Crusader's campaign were heavy, but nothing compared to the attacks and losses incurred by the Sith Empire's expansion. One of the greatest weaknesses of the Galactic Alliance was that instead of having a centralized fleet, it preferred to keep a very small fleet and rely on local and planetary forces to supplement it. After Coruscant, hundreds of systems had surrendered without a fight to the Sith, taking with them their local planetary defenses and recalling elements of their fleets that had been with the former Galactic Alliance. Those losses were doubly painful because every ship that the Rebels lost was added to their enemy.

The Jedi had taken heavy losses at Onderon and elsewhere. Attrition from those Jedi who refused to actively fight on moral grounds further gutted the leadership and experience of the Order. New recruits had been found in the last year and a half, but those took time to train and teach. Almost three quarters of the entire Jedi Order was comprised of Padawans, with an especially critical shortage of Masters able to lead them. It was for that reason Adenna herself had stayed on Nar Shaddaa for as long as she did: someone needed to help train the latest batch of Padawans.

The Raid on Kuat was underway, though facing stiff resistance. Mon Calamari was lost entirely from plague, internal divisions, and the Sith invasion. Corellia was under threat, but that had been pulled off to defend Kuat and would likely return in strength after that raid was over. There were multiple smaller conflicts developing throughout the Outer Rim and the Mid Rim regions as the Sith consolidated their dominance there. Rumors of expansion and reoccupation of Coruscant were not good for the Rebels, either. Defections and surrenders reached Nar Shaddaa almost daily to the point it was difficult to rely on the future loyalty of almost a third of their current holdings. Many systems who currently were loyal to the Rebels would quickly surrender if the Sith turned their attention to their planets.

The situation was quite dire, but there was hope. Actions taken when she became Grandmaster were beginning to show fruit. Military contracts and recruitment drives had matured and new ships, weapons, supplies, and recruits were readying. The demonstration earlier had been but one of many successes of the last year and a half. Economies had fully transitioned over to war production and the results were promising. The Sith had been preparing for war for many years before launching their attack, now it was the Rebel's time to catch up and take the war back to their foe. Every month, more and more efforts matured and readied themselves so that, assuming they held onto the shipyards and systems, the Rebels would become stronger and stronger as time went by. They needed to hold onto the planets they had lest the recovery come too late.

"We need to start taking the offensive," Adenna summarized. "We have ships and men, though fewer than our enemy. That means we must be careful where we attack and how we do it which is why the Kuat Raid is so critical. If we can steal ships from the enemy, it helps us while denying them the fruits if their labor. We can't keep operating as traditional opponents facing our opponents head on, but must switch to a guerrilla style war. It is a messy, dirty, and uncomfortable aspect of war many feel is less honorable or glorious, but it must be done to survive while more of our resources and efforts become ready.

"I am taking our latest fleet and armies out on a series of raids over the next month. Our goal is not to oppose their fleets or take over their planets, but to simply cause destruction to their war effort and shipping lanes. We will steal what we can thus denying them those resources while enriching ourselves. We will destroy what we can't take forcing the Sith to take the time to rebuild. We will become privateers, raiders, and an invisible shadow constantly striking and threatening. We won't fight large battles, but will hit them where they are weak and where they can't protect themselves. The Sith Empire has grown large and spread out from their successes, it is now time for us to exploit their over extension and hit where they aren't expecting it. Doing so will slow their industrial and economic expansion while forcing them to focus on defense instead of attacking our systems."

She paused and looked at Sandy once more instead of the myriad of holos showing charts, graphs, numbers, and maps. "I want you to come with me, to lead our ground forces. We won't be invading planets, but I anticipate taking enemy ships, raiding some factories and supply depots, and possibly deploying resistance cells in the planets we are able to. Some of our raids will be quick and destructive, others may give us time to land and consolidate what we otherwise would have to destroy. You have proven yourself in the field, and I want you at my side."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna appraised the newcomer to her office. She had only read of Kel Koon's name on the reports of those sent to the Eternal Vigilance, she did not know much about him. However, she had said that she trusted Sandy's word when it came to Imperial Knight Darkfire, so why shouldn't she do the same for this one? She had faith in Sandy's judgment otherwise she would never have promoted her in the first place. "If you believe him worthy, then so be it," she replied to Sandy with a nod.

Turning to the Kel Dor, she said, "Come, Knight Koon, and tell me: how do you see yourself contributing to the Jedi Order as a Knight?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna smiled at the response. She was glad to see another Jedi willing to stand up against evil even if it meant sacrificing themselves. Knighthood had long been more up to the one training the Padawan, so she was happy to accept it and confirm the promotion. Masterhood was far more difficult, but without a functioning Council, Adenna and those others who had been working at the training center here on Nar Shaddaa had been sufficient a group to promote Sandy to her new position.

"Those are noble words and I am proud to hear them. We need every Jedi possible to stand against the evil in this Galaxy. Come with Master Sarna and I then. We are about to embark on the Jedi's first true offensive campaign since the disaster at Onderon. We will be striking hard and fast at enemy shipping, supply depots, and any place that is vulnerable. I want to draw the enemy's attention back to their own weaknesses rather than on ours so that we can fill in those gaps with strong new men and women such as yourself."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 2 weeks later...

With some of their plans set, Adenna realized the exhaustion that was hounding Sandy and, belatedly, dismissed the new Master to get some much needed and deserved rest and relaxation. Sometimes, after being cooped up in this office for so long, she forgot how stressing and draining combat and field work was. She missed that aspect of her role as a Jedi, missed it so much she was now determined to go back to it and the front lines. She had been needed here on Nar Shaddaa building up the Jedi's forces, but now it was time for her to go to the front.

News reached her of new arrivals wanting to see the Jedi's leadership. This was especially intriguing since she had long wanted to bring all of those who serve the Light into one unified group. Leaving the newly minted Knight Koon to show his potential by initially greeting them, she quickly had data and intelligence information on their group forwarded to her datapad as she headed towards one of the reception halls. She knew very little of their group and needed to know more before meeting them.

When she arrived at the hall, she noticed the preparations. The entire Rebel HQ had once been a Hutt palace that had been heavily renovated. This was once some minor Huttling's feasting hall that had now been converted to a reception area. It wasn't too large, but neither was it too small. Food was already being rushed into place for their guests, and Adenna was going to meet them here. She would not undermine Kel Koon by swooping in at the hangar, but would let him escort their guests here so they could all see what the Jensaarai wished.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

It saddened Adenna to sense the barely contained disdain coming from her counterpart in the Imperial Knights. She had hoped that this would be an opportunity for her to finally sit down with Master Eleison and discuss future moves and her own plans for the war, especially with the arrival of another potential ally. The leader of the Imperial Knights hadn't seemed much interested in working together since she recovered from her ordeal on Coruscant, but Adenna wouldn't force the issue. As long as they were still focused on fighting the Sith, it would work. The Jedi had needed some time to organize and rebuild, but it would be their time soon, and with new allies, they would be more ready than ever.

She used the experience of the last year and a half as Grandmaster to hide her disappointment both on her face and in the Force and remained congenial yet also dignified. There wasn't quite enough food here to serve a battalion, but it was a reception meant for diplomats with plenty of food that would match almost anyone's tastes. Most of the moderately large room was empty, but there was a table set near the throne where the former master of this hall used to recline that had been set for them.

She didn't recognize the one called Mantis, but gave a quick bow of her head when he spoke of having met her before. Many had seen her in the past and, try as she might, she couldn't recall every one. "I am glad you are here," she said warmly while they were seated. "The situation in the Galaxy is indeed dire, but I do have faith that the forces of Light can stand against the current evil we are facing. There have been Grandmasters in the past who do not embrace the Jedi's role as warriors against evil, but I am not one of them. I know the Jensaarai have a long tradition of being warriors and am glad for it. Even if we have differences in theology, I believe there is always room for alliances with all who serve the Light and eschew the Darkness."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna ate politely while the ambassador spoke. She wasn't completely hungry, but there were several tasty offerings here and it would be rude not to partake. There were many in the Galaxy who did not have the luxury of a table full of appetizing food, so it would be a disservice to them to waste what was prepared.

"One drop raises the largest of oceans," she responded warmly. "We, right now, are in need of soldiers willing to make a stand. It doesn't matter how many or how few: all who are willing to fight are more than welcome."

She took a sip of some wine and replaced the goblet on the table. With a slightly more serious tone, she continued "The Jedi stand for the Light and will always do so. There is a constant struggle against the Darkness that every one who takes up the blade or blaster must wrestle with. I am aware of the toll that this war will take on the Jedi and I embrace it so that others do not have to. Our brethren in the Imperial Knights take this duty quite seriously as well, though admittedly they prefer rather harsh responses to any taint of darkness. I understand that the Jensaarai have had struggles with the Jedi in the past and have trod closer than some Jedi would like to the Darkness, but it is the opinion of past Jedi scholars that your Order is not corrupted as the Sith or Nightsisters of Dathomir are."

Adenna's blue eyes stared straight into the Sarlacc's large red eyes and all semblance of casual friendship left her face, replaced with the rigidly hard intensity that could only be commanded by one forced to lead and make difficult decisions. "I do not intend offense, but I would be utterly remiss of my duties as leader and guardian of the Jedi Order if I did not make sure one that I wish to welcome into our ranks would not become a poison to taint and destroy what we believe in."

Edited by Adenna Alluyen
Color formatting

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna eyed the reaction to her challenge with consideration and not the least bit of intimidation. There were no shock troopers or Jedi Knights waiting in the wings to rush in and destroy these newcomers: she was here on her own and yet she had no fear. Though she could sense very little within the Force from these two, she did not pick them as assassins or even as threats. Instead, she was more intrigued as to these newcomers and whatever potential they could offer. She understood how direct her question was, but these were warriors, not diplomats and she wouldn't dishonor them by pretending they were anything but.

"The Jedi stand in the Light and defend those innocent who can't defend themselves," she answered. "In times of peace, we heal and mediate disputes. But in times of war, we must stand up and use our strength and convictions to fight evil and Darkness wherever it appears. The Jedi seek balance within themselves, an opposition to the Darkness that is always waiting. To do that, we must sometimes make sacrifices of ourselves so others do not."

She took another deliberate bite into her food. As she did, she allowed her own natural mental shields in the Force to fade so that the two, should they wish it, could get a sense of her. "In the past, we hunted the Darkness wherever it could be found, both within and without. We did so knowing that should it be left to fester, it would grow into a larger threat. The Jedi found many threats and ended them before they consumed worlds and the Galaxy is better for it. For some, that meant educating and correcting, but for others, that meant fire and death.

"I accept responsibility but make no apology for the actions against the Jensaarai by those who came before me. Who am I to say what those involved on both sides saw? If there was a Darkness in your forefathers, then the Jedi were right to act. Had the they not acted, the Force only knows what the Jensaarai would have become. Would they have been another Palpatine, Ar-Pharazon, or Exodus? Would they have become like the Nightsisters, a threat as dangerous the Sith we face, or something far worse? We do not know, but through the intervention of those past Jedi, as painful as it was, the Force was able to guide the Jensaarai along a new path, one that led away from the Darkness. You are not alone suffering this harsh fate: the Jedi, too, have suffered from this purging as we have fought our own who have fallen and the failure to do so resulted in much suffering."

She looked pointedly at both of the beings before her. She might have been born Adenna Alluyen, a slave of Thalassia, but now she wore the mantle of the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order and all the privilege and baggage that came with it. She would not shirk from the past, nor would she apologize for fighting any who were of the Dark. If the Jensaarai were to work with the Jedi, then they would have to be able to come to terms with the past. If the Jedi were to work with the Jensaarai, they would also have to accept what they had done.

"The Jedi have not always been successful in their purpose, as the presence of the Sith can attest. Regrettably, we have had to take actions that are harsh, that are made in haste, or without complete knowledge. The Force guides us, but we do not always interpret it correctly. We have stumbled and we have erred, yet the best of us constantly strive to be better and walk in the Light. I cannot say if another method would have served the Jensaarai better, but the Force controls all and we must bow to its wishes. Some of us are destined to be born through fire, others through luxury. The Jedi have experienced both and have suffered for it and so also have the Jensaarai."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna nodded in acknowledgment of the offer, but gently pressed the weapon back into its creator's hands. "I respect your offer, but why would I wish to disarm an ally when in the middle of war? The trinkets you mentioned are of little value to the Jedi: physical possessions can be distractions and actions are more powerful than words. Your mere presence here and the risk you took is symbol enough, and if you wish to take action and fight, then we will have opportunity soon enough to accomplish that. If the Jedi and Jensaarai are to trust each other, bonds forged in combat are the quickest way."

She took another sip of wine and sat back in her chair. "The Jedi are preparing a two pronged attack. One group led by me will begin raiding the enemy behind their lines, taking weapons and supplies meant for their armies of evil and bringing them to our own forces. The other group will be linking up with an interdictor and raiding enemy shipping with a similar purpose. We are in need of weapons, money, and supplies and there is no better way to acquire them than by taking them from our enemy. If you wish to accomplish us, you are most welcome. If you have other areas you feel your skills would be better suited, then speak them and I will see what I can do to support you in those endeavors."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna grinned slightly at the word "piracy" being used. She had fought against plenty of pirates and didn't consider any of what she planned the Jedi on doing to be piracy, but she understood his concern. "We will focus only on Sith aligned ships or those doing business with the Sith Empire, but I can see your con...."

Her voice trailed off as she saw the man entering the hall. It took a long moment to even recognize him, either through the Force or with her physical eyes. Tobias had changed in the year since she had last seen him. He had changed quite a bit, and she was sure it would take a good deal of time to fully quantify just how much he had changed. On impulse, she brought back the normal mental barriers that had been lowered so that she was back to her normal, guarded self as she stared at him while he shuffled towards them.

She had received a report that the exiled Jedi had returned to Nar Shaddaa, but she had deliberately not brought their paths together. Instead, she wanted to wait and see what he would do, to see how he would address the situation he now found himself in. Part of her was gladdened to see him here, but another was horrified that he had chosen this time to return to her.

It took her a moment to collect her thoughts, during which Tobias managed to get close to them and introduce himself. She paused, then decided to roll with what had come. "Master Vos, this is Defender Sarlaac and Defender Mantis of the Jensaarai. They have come to ally with the Jedi and the Rebels so that we can fight our mutual enemy, the Sith."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna was glad that Tobias had elected not to cause a scene. She knew he didn't always have the reputation for being diplomatic, and while she wasn't exactly an expert at that herself, she didn't need any issues. She would talk with him after this, though time was short since she was planning on heading to Serenno to launch a much needed bank heist to help with other plans.

"Yes, we will be targeting the lanes between Kuat and Coruscant, as well as any others in the area that might be useful. We have been placing agents and spies on the ground to give us a minor heads up of when large shipments might be heading out, but it will be a grab bag of things that might get caught. Stop everything possible, and if it is clearly not working with the Sith, then let it go. If they are, even if they are simply supplying them, capture the ship and cargo if possible, otherwise warn them then destroy the ship."

She pressed a small button on her belt summoning an Adept to the hall to serve as an escort. "The Jedi will be sending a small fleet of frigates and corvettes to escort the Interdictor. They will be under the command of Captain Enterion, but I will make sure he works with you and your cruiser. Let us see how our people can work together, then we can see about expanding our relationship. Your Saarai-Kaar may send whomever you wish to join the Jedi here and we can see about an exchange of ideas and training if that sounds agreeable to you and her."

She stood, gave a quick respectful bow of her head, then gestured to the Adept who would be able to take their guests back to their ship. Further instructions would follow, and she would make sure Captain Enterion was aware of their new allies. She wanted to remain a while and talk with Vos, a long overdue conversation.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

As soon as their Jensaarai guests left, Adenna turned her attention to Tobias. She had heard reports that he had suffered physically, but she had not been prepared for the level of aging that had descended upon her old lover. It broke her heart to see him like this, but she could at least gain comfort when she saw him through the Force and saw that much of the tightness and struggle had been resolved. That was good, at least.

They talked for several minutes, but, with her new job, she didn't have the amount of time she had wanted. There were others waiting on her and there was a fleet to launch. Tobias was in no condition to come with her, so this would be another goodbye. Leaving him with a charge to heal his body and ready himself for war once again, she left him in the hall to greet the other two waiting for her. Before she opened the door, she let out a deep breath and with it, the pent up emotions that had been stirred up by seeing Tobias again. When that breath was out, she breathed in and with that, brought her mind back under control.

She activated the door and started the short journey back to her office. By the time she was there, she was the calm, serene Grandmaster who was in control and ready to fight. "Knight Makashi," she said, first greeting the odd Jedi Knight who had contacted the Jedi Order several months ago claiming to be from the old Order. "It is good to see you here, and I am glad you answered my summons."

She looked over at the far younger man in his Imperial Knight armor. "Knight Darkfire," she said, "it is also good to have you here, and congratulations on your promotion. Please, join me in my office for a few minutes."

When they were settled in, she quickly got to explaining their mission and what they were to do. "We will be raiding Serenno. Due to its wealth, it has a branch of the Imperial Treasury Department has a hub there and it is full of Sith Crowns. Though it is the currency of our enemy, it is still currency and can be most useful when trading with neutral parties or using bribes to get information and intelligence, and that is why we want it. Not only that, but we will also be hitting several industrial factories producing weapons and body armor as a distraction.

"The first phase of this operation will involve scoping out and raiding the Treasury. I believe the two of you will be most useful there, and you will have a squad of troopers to help. You will land first before the fleet arrives on a common civilian transport purchased through a third party from a Sith sympathetic planet. Once on the ground, you will need to get through customs which could be a bit of fun, but then you will find the Treasury, analyze it, and launch a raid. While Treasury employees are civilians, they are also part of the Sith government and will be loyal to it. Use stun weapons if you need on the workers, but you may deal with guards or armed resistance as you see fit.

"Once you have prepared yourself and ready to attack, I will come in with the fleet to cause a distraction. While we deal with any resistance in orbit, we will also bomb the factories hopefully drawing the civil attention there. You will raid the Treasury as soon as the bombs fall on the factories. I will also send additional troops and shuttles to pull out the currency you capture. Don't sacrifice yourselves in a pointless fight, but the Jedi and the Rebellion need as much money as you can take. As soon as you are in the air, with or without money, we will evacuate and leave.

"Any questions? We will have more time on the way to go over fine details, but if you have any glaring questions, now is the time."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna was glad for the acceptance and pragmatism of the Imperial Knight. He didn't question the need or overall picture of the task assigned to him, he wanted only to know the details. "You have multiple options, it depends on what you want to utilize. Money is a possibility, but sometimes risky. You can also use the Force to 'persuade' Customs to ignore your lightsaber and weapons. You also could choose to disassemble the weapons and conceal your lightsaber, or a combination of all. Serenno is a Sith planet, but it is not on the front lines. While Sith security always strives to be vigilant, the truth is that nobody can always be completely on their game all of the time. Years of no threats dulls any security system, and I anticipate you and your teams will be able to take advantage of that."

Despite her words, she knew infiltration missions were always risky. That is why she wouldn't be going with the initial team. It wasn't a decision of cowardice, but one of pragmatism. If the initial infiltration was compromised and killed or captured, it would be tragic but recoverable. If they captured or killed the Grandmaster, however, it would be devastating. She might not be in the first wave, but she would be joining the reinforcing team that came to help them collect the currency once they took the Treasury and would help them in fending off Sith counterattacks.

"I know infiltration is difficult, but that is why we are only sending a half dozen men with you. The fewer that go, the less the chance that they will be discovered. I am sending two Knights to balance out the low numbers. Make no mistake, this is a risky mission, but no more risky than the front lines. The Jedi Order and Rebel Alliance needs this money almost as much as we need a symbolic strike against the Sith. So far, out offensives in this War have not gone well with only a few exceptions. We need to start building victories, and we also need money to buy more weapons, ships, and supplies. This will help us do it."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna looked at the temporally out of place Knight. She could understand his fears for she herself had faced them before. Uncertainty, hesitation, belief of inadequacy, and fears of failure had plagued her when she was young and, in some ways, still haunted her steps. She had only read stories of the old Jedi Order at its height, and from what she read, they were not slouches nor were they inadequate.

Though her response was firm, it was without any hostility, insult, or belittlement. "Knight Makashi, I know some things about the Jedi of your time. No, they didn't have to face the Sith at their might, but they also were far from weak nor did they award the honor of Knighthood lightly. You have earned your rank by gaining the approval of an Order of Masters who had the time and ability to properly, fully vet and test their Padawans and consider their skills. Though it doesn't demean our current Order, there are times where I wish that the Knights and Masters of today could benefit from that careful consideration and reflection rather than being the product of battlefield promotions of necessity."

She gently placed one hand on his shoulder, allowing a small portion of her own surety in their purpose to flow through to him. "I understand your hesitation and fears, but we are Jedi and the Force flows through us. We are on the righteous path, not the easy one, and sometimes that means we must swallow our fears and embrace courage. When I was young, not even a Knight, the call went out to take a stand against yet another Death Star, a massive, moon sized weapon capable of destroying entire planets in one shot. Fleets in the thousands gathered in both sides to fight for this weapon and I took my place among the Jedi who answered that call. I was unprepared, barely skilled, and untested in combat, but every hand and every pure heart was needed. A Master much wiser than me saw my fear, sensed my desire to be courageous, and allowed me to stand with those heroes: a feat for which I am most proud and that molded me more than almost any other I have done. We do not always get to choose our opponents or when we must serve."

Her hand left his shoulder and pointedly hovered over her side where the scar still remained beneath her robes. "I cannot say I made much of any difference, but I took that stand and the Force guided me through it, though with scars. At this time, you may not see your own skills or believe yourself adequate, but that is not the man I see." There was pride in her voice as she continued, pride for the sacrifice and history of the Jedi. "You are a Jedi Knight and, no matter what the Sith or anyone else may say, there is honor and pride in that. Trust the Force and let it guide your steps and you shall find your courage and rise to the situation. If you fall in this or any other conflict, let it not be to something lesser than yourself caused because you were afraid or unsure. Let your fall be because you faced a foe truly greater than yourself and decided to make that stand and sacrifice so that others might not have to."

She paused a moment. "I would not have you accept a burden you are not ready to bear unless need dictate it. In this case, we are fortunate to have Knight Darkfire whom I do believe is able to lead the infiltration mission. It would be good to allow one of our Imperial Knight allies to show the strength of his Order so that it may strengthen the Jedi as well. We should be departing soon and there will be more time in hyperspace to prepare yourselves."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Even in the midst of preparing for battle, there were always those who needed to report to the Grandmaster. Adenna was used to it, and though the Jedi were fewer in number than they had been at their height, there were still a lot of them scattered throughout the Galaxy. She felt a twinge of guilt that she couldn't focus on them all, but she had to prioritize everything.

However, when the Mon Calamari Jedi approached her, she was quite familiar with the repercussions of what happened on that mission, even if the details were a bit hazy. Other Jedi, traders, soldiers, and even the Galactic Media had been following that story, and none of it was good. The entire planet was a mess, and there were reports that the Sith were initiating an orbital bombardment. If they had more ships, they could assist, but to attack there would be folly, and so another planet fell into darkness.

"I do not yet know all the details, Padawn," she answered, "but I do know that no single Jedi could have changed the inevitable there. The Sith came in too great of numbers and with too much power to oppose them directly, and so you did well to survive and return. What happened on that planet was yet another in a long list of tragedies, and if we are ever to stop it, we must do so methodically and carefully. I can tell yours is not a violent soul, so to join me on my path would not suit you. Go to Scarif with Master Sarna where you may find solace and understanding helping a population through something other than warfare. If the Force wills it, we will speak after both us return from our duties."

She wished she could spend more time with everyone here, but the war had waited long enough. It was time for the Grandmaster to move off of her starting square and join the fray. She took a shuttle up to the Justice's Mandate as the small fleet prepared to make to hyperspace and Serenno.

Edited by Adenna Alluyen

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 7 months later...

Blue eyes fluttered open to be greeted by the sterile, bluish white light of a long term care ward. Adenna didn't know where she was or what happened, but as she lay there, her senses slowly began to return. She wasn't in pain, but she also couldn't move which was slightly disconcerting. She was still too groggy to grasp that for now, she was still trying to figure out what was going on. Memory was still a little foggy, but she knew she had been fighting someone, then....nothing.

It took a little time for her senses to begin to return. When she was finally capable of moving, she tried lifting her hand and found it gently restrained. That simple move must have triggered some sort of alarm, because within moments, a nurse rushed in and immediately began summoning others to assist him in taking her vitals and recording her responses. Whatever words they were trying to speak to her didn't quite register, though she could at least hear the sounds they were making.

After a while, the excited frenzy died down and all but one of them left. Soon, even that last one left and a small hovering droid came in to monitor her. She drifted off to sleep watching its blinking lights and wondering what happened and where she was.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Pressure upon her bed and the sound of her name snapped Adenna out of the nightmares and confusing scenes that had been visiting her. Her blue eyes opened and took a few moments to adjust to the light and the figure standing over her. It took her a few moments to put a name to the face of the woman she had worked with and spent a significant amount of effort to heal months--years?--ago. There was a tiny bit of irony at the role reversal at play, but that was quickly shunted to the side.

Her voice raspy from disuse, she responded, "Yes, it is. I am glad to see you recovered. That makes one of us, at least."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna smiled at Zinthos' words. She had not always been too fond of the Imperials, but war made strange alliances and created new ties. "My body will grow stronger with time, but that isn't what I need." It was a true statement, though she was more than frustrated that she couldn't hasten things along. She had been going in and out of healing trances, but all of her attempts to utilize the nanites within her body that could so quickly speed things along had been for naught. She was puzzled about their inactivity, but would puzzle that riddle later. "What I need is to know what is truly happening in the Galaxy. How are the Jedi? How has the war been going? I was told I have been out for near a year, so a lot has surely happened."

In her lucid times between trances, she has wracked her brain for new ideas and plans for how to continue the fight against the Sith. With how long she had been out, she presumed the Jedi found some other person to lead, but the nurses and doctors told her practically nothing. It frustrated her to no end not knowing what was going on and how she could continue to fight. Ever since Ilum and ridding herself of the plague of dark side influence that befell her, she had been constantly working towards crushing the Sith and freeing the Galaxy. To be flat on her back now was a test of her Jedi patience and serenity.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 2 weeks later...

Though the Empress attempted to minimize parts of the gravity of their situation, Adenna could sense the strain in her voice. There was a sense of finality, of inevitable defeat that frightened her. The struggle against evil was never ending, but it had to be fought regardless of the cost. "Better to die fighting than submit to evil," she muttered, mostly to herself.

Weak as she was, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and grimaced at the hospital gown she was robed in. It definitely wasn't her normal attire, but it was what she had. Confidence was needed, even if it seemed she no longer led the Jedi Order. Adenna would never submit, but would resist and fight regardless of the odds. "Honor is irrelevant," she replied to the woman before her. There wasn't any harshness in her voice, nor was there any sense of incrimination or judging. She was simply stating a fact. "We fight to oppose evil and the Dark Side and to protect the innocent because there is no other option left to us. You can call it 'honor' or 'duty' or whatever you wish, but never let that distract you from our actual purpose. We fight because we must and because failure means the death of trillions and a tide of darkness that would consume everything. We can't fight for our own selves, we must fight only for others. Victory or defeat, honor or dishonor: it is all meaningless as long as we fight and do not submit, for as long as we refuse to submit there is still some hope in the Galaxy."

Standing up caused a great deal of pain in her disused muscles, but she ignored it and reached out to the Force to gain the strength it offered. "I have laid idle here for too long." To the Empress and those with her, she added, "Is there any here who can get me some proper robes and join me in opposing the Sith scourge?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna nodded in acceptance of the offered clothes and weapons. The Jedi Order had plenty of armories and stockpiles for the soldiery that had joined, at least, they had when she was injured. She would need to see what happened to all of the plans and supplies she had been laying out for the last year and a half.

Accepting the presence of those with her and simply not caring at this point, she removed the hospital gown and began changing into the tunic. Her mind was occupied on preparing lists of what needed to be done to further prepare the Jedi and Rebel defenses and then launch a strike back at the Sith. She wasn't sure what sort of authority she had left, but until someone came and stopped her, she was going to continue on taking charge as best as she could until she found someone else who was a more capable leader for her to follow.

With the clothes on, she began strapping the offered belt and basic equipment on. It wasn't what she was used to, but it would work for now and she was grateful for it. "I hope to get in touch with the Jedi leadership and figure out what is needed. I do truly hope you are maintaining your own authority and haven't given it over to a bunch of squabbling bureaucrats who will just bungle things. The Galaxy has had enough of the pettiness of those who think power is the end goal of everything."

With the equipment now in as good a setup as possible, she brushed herself off one last time to make sure she wasn't missing anything. With hardly a pause, she started for the hallway, the first time she had left this room in months. She had spent the last day or so lying in bed thinking as best as she could in her lucid moments. Some of her memories had been hazy, but by drawing on the Force to supplement modern medicine, she began to rapidly improve. Seeing Empress Zinthos here was the final piece to springing back to action. She meant what she had said about lying here too long.

She wasn't completely sure how to get out of this medical maze, but she figured that if she kept following the flow of smaller hallways into larger ones, she would eventually find a hub of sorts to get out of here. That, or the Imperials with her would guide her. Mostly, she wanted to move and right now, it didn't matter where they were going because her muscles ached to be used. "I have considered our situation in this war and am tired of being quiet simply because it is the nice thing to do. We have been bungling this whole war from the start. The Sith struck at us and we did nothing. They struck again and we then did almost nothing. Again and again they have attacked and we stood back and either launched futile attacks at them or simply reacted, and often poorly.

"As much as we don't want to admit it, we are no longer the Galactic Alliance, Galactic Empire, or even the New Republic or Imperial Remnant. We are a Rebellion, and it is time we started acting like it. I tried building up the Jedi's military and I don't think that was wrong, but I fear that if we try to act like we are capable of going toe to toe against the Sith Empire, we will be doomed. Our problem is not that we don't want to fight, it is that we simply don't know how to fight our current foe, and the damned Spider has been playing with us while spinning his webs for years now."

Glancing back at the Empress and fully aware of the potential sensitivity of the subject, she continued, "I have studied history and know how the Empire and the Imperial Remnant fought. They always struck from a place of power, following traditional aggressive military doctrine while using superior numbers, superior discipline, and superior technology. The Empire won your battles, yes, but you also lost because many more and became a Remnant because you faced beings that adapted. You grew too used to people fighting as you believed they should and relied on your military strength to carry the day. When you faced Rebels who hit and ran, feinted and evaded, and fought with pure heated passion instead of cold duty or desire for power, you lost your grip on the Galaxy."

It wasn't that she wanted to be cruel or anger those with her, it was more that she no longer cared about being polite when the fate of the Galaxy was at hand. "When the Sith emerged, you faced them the exact same way: with pure, raw, force. The only problem was: you were now facing a military force that fought almost exactly like you, but this time, they had the superior numbers and strength. Instead of bending, you tried to stand firm and broke. You broke at Kuat and then Carida and have never recovered. You launch fleet after fleet against the most powerful enemy targets while throwing away thousands of lives and ships we can't replace. We were fortunate on Corellia, but even there disaster was avoided only by the smallest of margins."

Adenna had always been a good bit direct sometimes to fault, but after her injury, she decided that she no longer had time to play games and cater to everyone. As Grandmaster, she had tried to make peace and reach out to various people. She wanted to be the prim and proper Jedi, the good person who didn't anger anyone or rock any boats. She wanted to build a consensus, to make sure nobody got angry with her, and to do what she could to promote unity and harmony among the scattered and varied beings who were united only by opposition to the Sith. She was so paralyzed by the fear of making a mistake and too unwilling to swallow her own pride to take the chance even when she wasn't afraid.

No more.

Now, she didn't care. She wouldn't be nice any longer and didn't care of she rubbed people wrong. Silence had killed billions. She meant to fight and would take along anyone who was willing to join her as long as they shared her goals. She wouldn't cater to the political winds or step softly because it might hurt feelings to do otherwise. If people didn't like her, so be it, she would continue on alone if she had to.

"We need to start fighting smart, not on their terms. We need to stop hitting the enemy where they are strong, but instead where they are weak. We need to stop fighting obvious targets, but go where they don't expect us. We need to stop throwing away our precious few resources making doomed stands, but rather save them for when we have the advantage. We need to be wise with our numbers and resources while we still have them lest we soon find ourselves without anything to stand against the Sith. Hit them in the dark, from behind, while they sleep, and while they plot their schemes, but never while they are arrayed for battle and ready to crush us.

"I have no power, but I will offer advise to any in power who will listen. I will carry the war to our enemy with my own bare hands if nobody wishes to listen to me or aid me. I will serve where needed, lead where called. I will get my hands dirty and sacrifice my name, my pride, my honor, and even my soul if that is what it takes to fight this evil. What I will not do is stand back and do nothing or help others slide down the path of destruction."

She stopped and looked squarely at Empress Zinthos. "You lead the Rebellion itself and I respect that. You can ignore me and dismiss my rants as those of a madwoman if you wish. You can allow your pride and honor to force you to continue down this losing path and I will not judge you. However, if you wish to go along the path I aim to trod, then I will gladly accept your presence and together, perhaps we can start to change this war a little. At the least, if it truly is a doomed cause, then we can make such an end that the Sith will howl in anguish and gnash their teeth at the memory of us."

Edited by Adenna Alluyen

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

As they stepped into a turbolift that would take them out of the medical wards, Adenna allowed the corners of her mouth to curve upwards slightly at the Empress' response. It was quite ironic, truly, that she would find an ally in the Empire that had plagued her childhood. Her first battle scars were from an Imperial stormtrooper, a fact she never forgot even though her body had far more marks had been added since.

"The first step is to start spreading out our resources," she said. "When your enemy is stronger, you can't let yourself be caught where they can pin you down and crush you." She had fought plenty of pirates and slavers around Thalassia and throughout Hutt Space after the temporary peace treaty was signed creating the Galactic Alliance. The slavers had started out standing firm in their nests and refusing to hide or run. They had been slaughtered like the animals they were. Only after several had been wiped out did the rest of them figure out they needed to hide and spread out their resources. Those had been harder to kill and took more time which was entirely the point.

"Scatter the fleets, decentralize our forces and leadership, and keep on the move while we gather new forces. Go from planet to planet and try to recruit and amass supplies, but don't stay long enough to bring the wrath of the Sith down on us. Before our resources are completely gone, start building small shipyards all over to construct smaller ships like fighters, freighters, corvettes, and some frigates. We can't necessarily hold the major shipyards forever so we need to be able to build smaller forces that can scatter and cover more ground. Recruit not just soldiers, but merchants, bankers, miners, factory owners, and everything in between so we can keep a steady flow of supplies to our forces. Raid the enemy where they are weak, steal what we can and destroy the rest. Stop these major battles and stick to the shadows engaging only in skirmishes."

The lift finally stopped and they stepped out to the first place Adenna recognized: a large central terrace that led outside to the grand entrance of the converted Hutt palaces that had been occupied by the Rebels as their headquarters. Taking a moment to fully orient herself, she began heading towards the areas that the Jedi had taken over. Even if things had changed in her absence, there would still be a great deal of things there that she could make use of. Hopefully, the new Grandmaster hadn't taken all off her datapads and information since she had taken a small amount of effort to make sure most things were hidden in case the planet was ever occupied by the Sith. With that, she would regain some access to the resources she had spent the last two years or so building up, resources that would be a good help.

"Above all, we need to take the advice of Master Eleison," she admitted, "advice that I did not immediately see the value of. How many Imperial Knights still stand at your call, Empress? I mean to take as many of them and any Jedi willing to take the burden and start hunting Sith one by one. I aim to infiltrate Sith planets and stalk their nightmares. I mean to make them fear the darkness as we start picking them off one by one. I bear no illusion on the cost that it will bear our souls, but sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good and I am willing to sacrifice my soul to save the innocent."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna nodded at the suggestion. "I regret that we couldn't do anything for Mon Calamari before the Sith arrived in force. As much as we wanted to protect it, to do so would have spelled a great disaster among the Jedi fleet and the result would have remained the same. One of the harshest lessons we will need to learn is that sometimes, sacrifices must be made even if they were hard. It would do nobody any good for us to die on our hilltop in a blaze of glory fighting an impossible fight then forfeit the rest of the Galaxy as result. Better to allow single planets or entire sectors to fall while preserving our ability to fight so that one day, we might return to liberate them. Some will die, but some will also live.

"Allow me some time to prepare and I shall go with your team to Mon Calamari and see what can be done. It would be good to stalk the Sith for a change, and I hope we can find a way to save those that can be saved on that planet. Even a partially successful uprising would delay production in the shipyards and cause the Sith to have to devote more resources to the planet." It was a cold calculation, one she couldn't make in times past. Any uprising would likely cost millions of lives, but she would not deny any people the right to fight for their planet if they desired it. Better dead fighting than living as a slave or in constant fear of when the jackboots of the Sith Empire would break down your door.

Parting ways outside the Medical Center, she went through to the areas that held the Jedi administration and training areas. Some of the Padawans and Knights recognized her, though their reactions differed. Some were pleased to see her, others offered a cautious nod of recognition that bespoke them not knowing exactly how to respond. She didn't take offense at this because there would inevitably be some question as to her place and role here. Adenna was not a fool enough to believe she was universally liked or even had a majority approval of what she had done as Grandmaster. There had been things she would have done better in hindsight, but there were things she would do exactly the same. To second guess herself was a waste of time so she would not indulge it. She learned from her mistakes and would do what she could not to repeat them and begging forgiveness or apologizing to get some measure of acceptance was an exercise of extreme pointlessness.

She went to one of the lesser repositories of data and was glad that her basic access levels hadn't been revoked. Using her biometric data and two passcodes, she managed to pull up a series of files containing data that would not have otherwise been stored in a place like this. Concealment in an unlikely place among millions of petabytes of data was as much a safety net as throwing everything in a highly protected firewall that was sure to draw attention. She copied the documents onto a Jedi datapad that was available in the repository. It wasn't that she was concerned about the safety of the Rebel datapad that had been given to her, it was just that a failsafe was encoded to the data that would trigger self deleting protocols if it were transferred into anything but a pre-encoded Jedi device.

This data would be of great use to her in the next couple of months. She would have to spend some time going over what had happened in her absence, but that could wait for the trip to Mon Calamari. Her next stop was to track down where her personal effects had been taken. It wasn't shocking to find that they had been removed from the Grandmaster's quarters and put into temporary storage. It took a little administrative work to track that down and have the box containing them brought out for her to access. From there, she was able to acquire her own robes, gear, and a memento or two. She went to the training center to change in the rooms there, but didn't leave behind the things that the Rebels had given her. The lightsaber was going to be quite useful, though the rest of the gear would be returned.

Putting a few other things into a duffel bag and slinging it over her shoulder, she made her way out of the Jedi buildings and into the Rebels areas where she would meet with the former Imperials and eventually head out on another mission.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.