Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

Britt looked sideways at him for a few moments before beginning to push through the crowd again. “Your tale of woe is sadly as normal as drinking corellian ale here on Nar Shaddaa. What did CoreSec teach you? I hear it is a hard life. Does that life experience give you an insight as to the position or need of a fair and strict justice system?” 

She pushed until they were at the edge of the crowd where an Imperial Knight in his crimson armour was giving a half hearted speech about the ‘great victory’ at Corellia that the Alliance had somehow won just a few weeks before. The Knight Caught eyes with Britt then Cloak and gave them a crisp salute before beginning his speech again. 

Britt lowered her voice to conspiratorial levels. 

“I have not seen children kidnapped. I myself was given to the order by my mother.” She shrugged delicately. “Though I have no doubt some degree of credits changed hands. Likely so she could dive nose first into a pile of spice. I had the shakes for years after coming to the order because of her addiction. Nothing quiets a baby like a shot of glitterstim.” She scowled  towards where a few adolescents were halfheartedly watching the speech from the back of the crowd. 

“Glitbiters are everywhere of course, but you know that from CorSec. But No I wasn’t kidnapped, though the Imperial knights probably do it. You could always ask him after he finished his speech if you want, or we can watch these kids sell spice.” One of the adolescents made a deal with another group of teenagers and a few small baggies of the stim passed hands. “So tell me Officer Cloak, would you intervene there?” 

tvWz5an.png

Siolo considered what the Zabrak had said for a minute. What did he want to do? He took a quick glance around the room, then said, with confidence, "I want to be a Jedi." He tapped his foot on the floor, eagerly awaiting a response.

Cloak took a moment to reflect on the questions posed by Britt before answering, nodding In agreeance in regards to the fact that his story is far from unique. "Well, I learned alot from my time with CorSec. I learned people you come to trust, to think oh in high regard, won't hesitate to turn on you if it benefits them. Just then he hears the news from someone giving a speech that Corellia had been liberated. After hearing the news he continued "I also learned that 'criminals' can surprise you and end up being very decent people. As for skills, I'm very proficient with vibroblades and blasters. Many undercover ops, typical officer routines. Looking at the drug deal that was transpiring, then answered Britt. That depends. Personally....I would ignore the situation. Drugs are an extremely popular way of dealing with things. Is it actually helpful? Of course not. Is it s person's free will to partake of them? Absoloutly. The big slither fish cooking up and distributing, that's a different story, but at this level it's a never ending battle and one better left for authorities. Stroking his beard and eyeing the speaker, then turning his attention back to Britt Corellia's been liberated huh? Can we find out more?"

Edited by Cloak

The shuttle burst quietly from the confines of hyperspace above the planet of Nar Shadda. The shuttle Azure Sky had seen better days. It had first been the private shuttle of a wealthy politician. She had used it a pleasure yacht, sailing across the stars from one leisure world to the next, never settling, and almost always using political fund to fuel her expeditions. Eventually she grew bored with the Sky, desiring the next best yacht and discarded it. It was eventually purchased by a merchant who used it to transport various food stuffs between systems before going out of business. Since then, a transport company purchased the shuttle to ferry individuals across the galaxy. As a mass transport ferry, maintenance was never a huge priority and maintaining the appearance of the ship certainly was not a necessity. And now, chocked full of individuals, Orpheon wished they had maintained at least some semblance of air recycling. He had been on the ship for several days as it had made its way to Nar Shadda. He could feel the grime across his face and his clothing was slightly damp from the mild sweat covering his body. The Chiss was used to spending days in space, but previously he had a fresher to keep himself clean, plus a more relaxing place to sleep than upright in a chair. But it was the best he could get.

As the shuttle came in for a landing, Orpheon stood and made his way to the rear access hatch. Using the access code give to him when he checked onto the Azure Sky, he was able to retrieve the weapons he had brought with him. Thankfully both the blade given to him by his parents, and the blaster he had acquired before setting out on this quest. Sliding the Westar 34 pistol into the holster on his right thigh, and mag locking the sheath of his vibro-sword to his left hip. He immediately felt better about things. As he finished equipping himself, he turned and noticed several other passengers staring at him. Despite the various alien forms throughout the galaxy, people still tended to view Chiss as exceptionally odd-looking aliens. Perhaps it the was the resemblance to the human, yet the utterly inhuman blue skin and glowing red eyes. Keeping his head held high, before departing as the shuttle landed.

Now time to find the Temple.

Edited by Katakros

As he stepped foot off the Azure Sky Orpheon took a good look around the star port. He watched as dozens of individuals, from all walks made their way from similar transports as they touched down. Each seemed incredibly intent on their own business, either conversing with fellow travelers or keeping their heads buried in data tablets as they walked. He even noticed a couple types that looked to be soldiers, their weapons slung over their shoulders as they walked, almost in step. He had seen their kind before in his travels. One could almost set their watch by their footsteps.

That could have been my life…..Had fate not stepped in

For a moment Orpheon allowed himself to think what his life would have been life had his parents not been killed in a raid. What would he have become within the Ascendancy? Would he have become one of the pilots of an elite ClawCraft squadron? Would his life be spent in the cockpit of one of those unique fighter craft? Or would he have become a foot soldier of the Defense Force, destined to hold a rifle in his hands as he defended his people from all invaders? Before he allowed himself to travel too far down that road, Orpheon stopped himself and focused instead on why he had come here.

Exiting the star port, the young Chiss stopped on the speeder platform and took a good look around. He could see incoming and outgoing starships as far as his eyes could make out. With his slight thermal vision, he could make out pulses of heat as the ships powered up or down to continue on their preset courses. Noticing a waiting taxi speeder, he held out his hand to wave it over. Before it could arrive, a second yellow speeder pulled in front of him and opened its rear door. A human in the front speak through.

“Need a ride? Cheapest rate.”

A small tingle made its way down Orpheons neck, but he quickly dismissed it and climbed into the back the speeder. As he sat down, he removed the sword from his side and laid it flat across his lap as the speeder took off.

“I am looking for the Rebel headquarters.”

“Ah got business with the Rebellions huh. Luckily, I happen to know right where that is.”

A cold shiver ran down Orpheons neck again as the driver spoke. From the back he could see a small smile form on his hips as the speeder weaved its way through the sky traffic. One good aspect his physiology was that no one could tell if his eyes were searching around, his retinas were not visible to humans. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary within the speeder, but still he could not shake the feeling that something was wrong. The young man gently eased his hand to the grip of his vibro-sword and wrapped his fingers around it. The muscles of his jaw began to tense as the cold shiver began to grow.

“You can let me out here.” His calm cool voice seemed almost to weaken as he spoke. He knew the emotion behind it. Fear

“We are almost there. Don’t worry about it……half-breed.”

The last words seemed almost a whisper, underneath the man’s breath but the Chiss caught it. His eyes widened slightly, and his pulse began to race. He had heard the insult before. Those who were unaware of the Chiss tended to believe a mix of human and some other alien life form. It seemed humans were the ones who took the most offense to the idea. Adrenaline began to surge through him. He now knew why he had felt fear. He should not have ignored his own feelings.

Sharply the speeder veered into an alley and quickly came to a halt. The driver exited the vehicle and yanked open the far side rear door. Movement to his right caught Orpheons eye and he watched as two more men emerged from the shadows, one holding a knife in the hand, the other a long length of pipe.

“Get out here half-breed! Give us all you got!”

Orpheon could feel his heart pounding. He knew this would be no ordinary mugging. These people hated who he was at his very core, even if they were mistaken about his origins. More than likely they would attack him even if he gave them all he had……which wasn’t much.

Thoughts and actions quickly raced through his mind. He highly doubted he could take his way out of this situation. He could either fight, possibly lose and take a beating. Or he could just take the beating. Somehow that second option just did not seem right to him.

“I SAID GET OUT!!”

The drive lunged at him from the open door. The snarl and rage on his face showed the pure hatred and contempt he felt for Orpheon he tried to grab him. The Chiss spun on his seat to present his feet to the human. Shoving his feet forward he felt one connect with the man’s jaw and the other with his shoulder. He heard a pop from the mans shoulder as he was thrown backwards. He allowed himself to feel a small sense of victory before he heard the door behind him open and a pair of hands grab his clothing and yank him out onto his back. The force of the landing caused him to lose his breath for a moment. That solitary moment of weakness allowed him to feel the pain of the metal pipe slam against his ribs. Reacting on instinct he wrapped one arm around the pipe, hugging it to his ribs. The pressure hurt but he had contained at least one threat momentarily.

Rolling to one side Orpheon yanked the pipe from the man’s grasp. He felt a kick in his side, which lifted him into the air for a moment before collapsing to the ground. Pain radiated from his side as he attempted to catch his breath.

I need to end this quickly. I think I irritated them more

As the thought crossed his mind, he suddenly felt the urge to roll to his back and strike out with his left foot. Allowing himself to act in the moment, he did so and felt his armored boot connect with the knee of one of the other men. The man howled in pain as the knee buckled and he collapsed. This distraction allowed Orpheon to rise to a knee. The second man attempted to stab at him with the small knife but Orpheon managed to evade the strike, and in the same movement rise to his feet. He quickly drew his vibro-sword and dropped the sheath to the ground.

Gripping the sword with both hands, his thumb along the grip of the weapon he side stepped a charge by the bloody faced driver and sliced down at his legs while pulling back. He felt the tip of the sword slide through the man’s thigh. A howl of pain echoed off the walls as he fell. Taking a step back with the blade held low but ready. The man with the wounded knee had recovered and he and the knife armed assailant began to circle him.

Orpheon kept his feet moving as he awaited their next strike. He almost felt the man behind him move before it happened. Stepping to his side, he dropped to his knee and spun, slashing downward across the mans back and pushing himself forward, he drove the tip of the sword into the second mans charging shoulder. He felt no resistance from the man’s flesh as the blade drove several inches in.

They will all live. With proper medical attention and bacta treatments none will even bear a scar. But they will remember today.

Grabbing his sheath from the ground, Orpheon slid the blade back home and once again mag-clamped it to his waist. As he turned to leave the alley, he heard sirens and approaching speeders. He was torn between two decisions. Stay and make sure these men received proper medical attention, despite their attempt on his life. Or disappear and continue the path fate had placed him on. As he contemplated, the sirens grew closer.

For @Cloak

Britt’s eyebrows raised a half millimeter before she looked back at the young Jedi Hopeful. Her voice was a bit surprised. “So Corsec…” She had decided to call him that instead of Cloak, “He is what I know about Corellia. A major push by the combined fleet of the rebel alliance came and forced the sith fleet back to centerpopint. A lot of people died, half of the fleet is still at drydock. I’d say if we can keep our momentum we might actually be able to take back the Core.” The excitement in her voice did not betray her own doubt at such momentum getting off the ground. “Though with our recent elimination of the spice mines at kessel I would say we might have a shot at taking out the big sellers. You want to see if we can?” 

She pointed towards one of the youth who was selling. “If you want to let's catch him. We don’t need to prosecute the little fish, but we could get the higher ups.” 

For @Katakros

Jedi Knight Liam VronWeis read the datapad report as he drake the last bit of his stimcaf from a paper mug. He could barely feel the slick metal pathway under foot as he sprinted towards where he could feel a dark sense of pain and anger. It could have been a speeder accident, he couldn’t tell, but what he could tell was the Imperial Colonial Police were probably not far away. The report on the datapad told him as much. 

But hey why not, he was already in the area, and though this was still a majority imperial remnant planet… It was technically also rebel alliance territory. An Alliance the Jedi Order took a leadership role in. The Imperial Remnant had folded into the Rebel Alliance after all, or had the Galactic Alliance folded into the Imperial Remnant? Well it was one huige rebel alliance now anyway. A rebel Alliance with stormtroopers and an empress leading it all. He shook his head, the caf didn’t help his already poor concentration, but he couldn't help but to laugh at the irony of it all. Seven hells there were even TIE fighters patrolling somewhere in the sky, but they were friendly. Bizarre. 

Laim almost ran smack into a young Chiss but skidded to a halt when he noticed the faint trace of blood on the man’s hands. Liam cocked a sloppy grin and extended a hand in the traditional human core worlds greeting. 

“Hello stranger, I can’t help but notice you may have just been in a bit of trouble.” He gestured to the obvious lightsaber on his hip. “Now trust me, its probably better you talk to me than any of the local Colonials.”  

tvWz5an.png

Alliera had quickly entranced a group of the younglings with stories of old Tal'verda Glories, and legends her clan had about old Jedi and Sith. She didn't have much else to do at the moment, she didn't have a master yet to train her, and the classes she had been attending were out for the moment. Other than that, she had been festooned into helping get people situated, even 6 months after Coruscant things were still a mess at the adhoc 'Jedi Temple'. During this time, Alliera had garnered a minor following among the younglings with her stories. The younglings accepted Alliera, in a place where everyone else seemed too busy to deal with the Jedi Hopeful. That helped the Mandalorian to fit in with the big Jedi 'Family', and caused her to 'open up' more to the idea of being a Jedi and a part of the 'family'. That caused a problem though. Her new family was in a perceived peril. 

Like all good Mandalorian Clans, Clan Tal'verda kept an eye on prospective contracts for Bounty Hunting work that went beyond the norm. The bounty on Force Users was among the contracts that the girl's previous life made her aware of. Younglings certainly counted, in Ally's reckoning, she had seen a few do interesting things with the force already. To add to that concern, they were on Nar Shaddaa, where the kind of Bounty Hunters that absolutely would steal a child were likely to be. The Jedi were too busy either still scraping together something from their previous life, or trying to deal with the ascendant Sith Empire. The Alliance Military could likely do something, but with how big and corrupt Nar Shaddaa was, something was bound to slip through the cracks. So, Alliera was again in her armor, craddling Ori'kad, the improvised Energized Shotgun. The younglings, unknown to her, had seen her go with concern. The children, with a determination only children posess, went to go find one of the really important adults to tell them what was going on. 

----------------------------------------------------

Alliera's first target was a dingy bar, one she had found deep in the alleyways and backstreets. Even walking in, the girl could see that she had been right about this place, there were plenty of the types her parents had taught her to avoid keeping to isolated tables or shadowy booths... The bar was also packed, but not as much. "What can I get ya?" The Bar-droid asked, washing a glass like the walking cliche he was. "A corellian ale will be fine." As the droid got her order, a group was eyeing her up. She was young yes, but a Mandalorian was a Mandalorian, and the bounty they were chasing made it a sure thing that they they could afford her. So when the girl got her drink, a dark skinned Rodian slipped onto the stool next to the girl, careful to avoid the rather large gun. "My associates and I were wondering if you'd be interested in helping us." He said, after signalling the bar droid that he didn't want anyhing "Not safe to discuss here, join us if your interested, there are alot of credits in it if we succeed." The Rodian left back to his dark booth, where he doubtlessly had a crew waiting. Alliera made a show of thinking about it over her drink, before setting down the empty class and coming over. 

The group consisted of the Rodian, 2 humans in ramshackle armor, a Twi-Lek in scavanged Stormtrooper armor, and a Devaronian in a smuggler's outfit. "Now that your interested, here's the job: There's a pretty substantial bounty on Force Users, and the new 'Jedi Temple' here on Nar Shaddaa has a bunch of little snot 'younglings' that should do nice..." One of the humans had started to say, before the distinctive retort of a Westar-55 silenced him. The body's head bounced off of the booth wall and slammed on the table. Alliera was out of the booth, and the next shot came from the Ori'kad, as the rest of the 'crew' were trying to either pull blasters of thier own or get out. The Devaronian wasn't helping matters as he was simultaniously pushing the body and trying to shove his compatriots out of the way, he was at the very back to the booth and was almost stuck. These movements jostled the rest of the crew and made the efforts to run or fight all the more confusting. The energized nerfshot* blasted through the rodian and the Twi'lek, both of which were trying to pull thier own side arms while being jostled by the table and the other. 

The Devaronian, pulled out a pouch, and dumped a bunch of black powder into his hand, as his last human compatriot finally pulled his blaster and started shooting at the girl. "You think you can mess with me, kill my friends without consiquence!?!" The Human called, as Alliera jumped over the bar "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, AND DROP YOUR FRELLING HEAD OFF AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE TEm..." THe human didn't say anymore, because an usually strong Devaronian hand was around his throat, and he was thrown to the side. The Devaronian was able to finally extricate himself from the bodies and the booth, and charged the bar. By this point, the patrons and the Bar Droid had all evacuated the area, and were cowering in one of the back rooms. Alliera tried to grab Ori'Kad to shoot the Devaronian, but it was pulled from her grasp and thrown to the opposite side of the bar, as she was pulled up by her neck. Like her gun, the girl was thrown, this time to the booth...where this had all began. the young woman's back slammed into the edge of the booth table with a 'WHAM', and a cry from the girl before she fell to the ground. She found herself smeling something vaguely familiar.. "Sulfer?" she asked, more to herself than others. "Yeah, I keep a pouch with me at all times, to help me deal with little bugs like you." The Devaronian said, grabbing a bottle of ale off from behind the bar...confident in his victory. What the devaronian didn't realize was the blaster shots from his former companion had shattered many of the bottles and storage mediums behind the bar, leading to a growing puddle and trail of Alchohol. that quickly spread from under his boots to a few meters in several directions. The fumes and smell was becoming almost too much for a normal human, but the Devaronian wasn't paying attention. He was drunk on his power, and what he would do to the little Mandalorian that had killed his compatriots. 

One person that did notice what happened was Alliera, as she was getting up, she remembered what her Ba'buir taught her about how flamable Alchahol was, and how it wasn't necissarily the liquid. Alliera flashed her flamethrower somewhere close to one of the growing puddles, and it worked. The Devaronian was preparing to move again, to show this little mandalorian who was really the boss...before he got set ablaze by a mix of the flumes that engulfed him and the natural flammability of organic beings. The Bar exploded shortly afterwards, too many flames and high pressure systems were compromised. Luckily, the bar patrons had either left, or hid with thier bar seated breathren in the back, so noone was hurt...other than the Devaronian...who was already on fire to begin with. Alliera, seeing her work done, walked away from the mess and into the back alleys and streets of Nar Shaddaa, but not before grabbing the Ori'kad. She hadn't intended to blow up the bar, but her father had always said that it was just a hazard of doing the business in a place of highly flammable chemicals and high pressure containers. 

As a Devorianian blazed like a torch at a midnight mass, followed quickly by an entire bar, three dark cloaked figures began to converge on the lone Mandalorian responsible for all the carnage. They were distant at first, but within a few minutes even a drunk Gamorrean would know that he was being followed. Even in the most crowded of alleys people parted in waves in front of the three dark figures. Some bowed, some ran away, all moved aside. 

When they had come close enough to call out, a lone voice echoed towards the mandalorian. It was a woman’s voice, but fell and beautiful in its tones. The basic accented by the soft and telltale accent of Carida. Whose surface still burned from the anger of the Sith Lords. 

“If death and violence was all that brought you to this small planet I would say that you have done far enough.” 

The force moved like a storm, and the night air felt electric, as if there was about to be a summer thunderstorm. 

“You are under arrest for multiple Homicides, and I would advise you to come with us.” 

For these were Imperial Exorcists. The strongest of the old order formed in the Remnant during the fall of the Galactic Alliance. Though they now answered to the Jedi Council, they still held the order of their Empress’s planet as a priority first among many. 

Raphenal.png.96d1c7b8a3eaea41f94e96db627f96d9.png

Lord Commander Raphenel Karlovci Contispex- Imperial Warden

Alliera wasn't stupid, she figured someone would inquire about the deaths of the Mercs in the bar, and likely the bar damages. She was prepared to explain herself to what she thought would be a logical and understanding authority, these were scum afterall, and noone really gave a Nerf's osik about them. The bar damages would be tougher to deal with, but she was prepared to work off what she couldn't pay. So when three dark figures started following Alliera, figures that seems almost like things out of the Tal'verda legends regaurding Sith, she was notably worried. Had the Sith infiltrated this far into Alliance space? Was the Order in trouble? These thoughts and more filled Alliera's head as she slowly made her way through the crowd, subtly readying the Ori'kad with a replacement round...Alliera didn't like her odds here. These guys were obviously revered and outright feared by the locals, which DID mean they likely weren't Sith if they were this well recognized....When the woman spoke, Alliera held a small hope that maybe this would be resolved peacefully. She could feel the atmosphere roiling though, like something was anticipated. The second sentence dashed hopes of a peaceful end to the situation, an arrest meant being interrogated, and that wasn't something she had time for... "I am Alliera Tal'verda, born of Concord Dawn and a Hopeful to the Jedi Order. I apologize for causing a disruption, but the involved were planning a hit on the Jedi to take younglings for the Force User bounty." Alliera said, turning towards the figures as she kept her weapon at a rest position to hopefully put the three figures at ease "I will not allow the young to be taken." While the weapon was at rest, the feeling that the girl was ready to pull it up and use it at a moment's notice was in the air. What the Exorcists could likely feel fear from her, Alliera's overriding emotion was a familial protectiveness of the Jedi Order, and a willingness to die for them. 

The Zabrak slowly nodded his head and then smiled at the Twi'lek. "Indeed. It's what I suspected through the Force. And because of that, I suggest perhaps you could do me a favor." The Zabrak moved slowly to stand next to the young Jedi hopeful. "Describe with your own words... " He now leaned in to impart some heaviness to the question, but also to allow for the dramatic pause. "What does it mean to be a Jedi?"

Alliera chose to speak up for the Twi'lek, because it was somewhat hinted that she might be the subject. "I mean, be a pillar of peace and justice in the galaxy that chases the Dark Side and general evil back into the cracks it came from?" Alliera guessed, shrugging "Which, fair point, isn't exactly what 5 dead mercs and a burning bar scream...but I don't yet have access to 'PHENOMINAL COSMIC POWA' like you, or the three weirdos over there, likely do." Alliera turned fully towards the Zabrak, assumed, Jedi; and gestured down to herself. "I'm a Mandalorian with some time on my hands, a fair amount of weaponry, and a group that accepted me as family possibly being in trouble...I'm working with what I got..." 

Edited by MandaJetii

The Twi'lek really wasn't sure. He hadn't had many encounters with the Jedi. The only one that came to mind was when he spoke to two Jedi when they passed through his home planet once. All of his knowledge came from stories. He felt even more pressure after Alliera had given a good answer. Siolo looked at all the other Jedi, racking his brains to figure out what they all had in common, but he could find nothing. Thoughts flew through his head, "To fight off evil?... No.... To swing cool lightsabers around?... Definetly not..."

The Zabrak patiently stood waiting for an answer. Siolo rested his head in his arm, then said, "To be a Jedi means to be a guardian... a protector... I think." He then took a glance at the Zabrak, and whispered to Alliera, "Not as good an your answer, but I think it'll do for now. I'm Siolo, by the way."

• Like 1

"Heh, I am a little handicapped." Vos replied to Draygo's first comment, tapping his cane on the floor and tilting his head towards his left arm. "But, I will request a rematch sometime soon. Keep the blade, I have plenty." He tried to wave the saber away so she would keep it. It was a little important that she did keep that particular blade. 

She barked at the gathered crowd, and Vos was unsettled by it. It was another abrasive outburst by the Jedi- his mind flooding with memories of his space station and the workers on it- the treatment they had afterwards. He cleared his thoughts as his former sparring partner took an unexpected step closer. What was she doing? Instinctively, he brought his mental guard up- then remembered he was a jedi, she was a jedi. However difficult, he relaxed. 

Sensing they were about to discuss at length her plans, he motioned for Pim and Vox to leave the observation room and to go eat. Doing this with just two simple hand gestures, he returned most of his attention to Draygo. He needed to sit down, so he motioned for them to walk up a nearby staircase into the training wing’s observation lounge. Exactly where Pim and Vox had been a few moments earlier. He motioned for Draygo to have a seat and join him.

Sitting in a plush chair, he rested the cane against its side, and sat forward. Tobias unwrapped the cloth around his eyes and rolled it up tucking it into a satchel he kept near him. The wrapping had collected sweat from the recent sparring match, it was obviously irritating the skin on his face ergo him taking it off. With another wave, he lowered the brightness of the lights in the room from his seat. It was then he finally opened his eyes a crack and looked over to Draygo, who was talking this entire time.

The light didn’t hurt, much, so he opened them up the rest of the way. It was the first time in over two months he had opened his eyes. While he was blind in a sense, he hadn’t exercised his eyes that much so he blinked a few times and then looked right at and into the new Grandmaster, seconds after she confided in him.

With everything that was just confessed, it felt like he had just been taken out at the knees in a surprise attack. Gritting his teeth and playing other conversations back in his mind, he clenched his fist for a moment in frustration and pinched the bridge of his nose. With a sharp sigh and a sharp gesture as if cutting the air with his hand, he locked his scared eyes onto Armeia. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Vos stated through clenched teeth, and almost as a whisper. He had a long retort for the new Grandmaster, giving her a piece of his mind and frustration. Namely how since Dahar, Kirloca, whats-his-face, Adenna, and now… he’d been forced to shut down his spy network, his shipping networks, the security companies, his space station, and a dozen other wrongs. 

“There’s several problems, to be honest, Master Draygo. So, please, hear me out.”  The Kiffar collected his thoughts and checked his frustrations. It wasn’t Armenia, it was the entire situation, over the last few years. 

“We are in this mess because of the actions of your predecessors, namely… whats-his-face? Grandmaster Pretty Boy.... He basically forced me out of the role you’re implying you’d like me to fulfill, the Spymaster or Shadow. I’ve had both roles before, and I have the networks for both- if you’re asking me to reboot them- I’m going to need certain… understanding from you. Namely, you’re not going to like some things I will do- and if you want to go to Borleias you need to be okay with those small instances. "

“And if we’re going to Borleias, you have to promise me a few things- One is that if you’re in danger- you need to leave me behind. The Jedi can’t go through another leadership transition. You also have to explicitly state the goals for this mission. What of my two apprentices? I’m hesitant to bring them along on a covert mission. I may have a few ideas for them if they need a different assignment.”

He took a breath, and brushed imaginary dirt from his knee but pressed on; “There also needs to be a level of trust between us, and as we have never worked with one another- and you took the first step with that admission, I’ll tell you one of mine.” He gestured at his dark Jedi Master Robes. “This is the first time I’ve been able to wear Jedi Robes. I’ve never been able to before- then the Dark Sun Station mission, then my shunning, then I went to Gala- there I received these…” He held up his hand, and even gestured to his scars all over. “I finally considered myself a Jedi...After years of helping you all try to get to this point and further… But Gala is healed from it’s Force Scar. I won’t jeopardize my new state- but you still won’t like some things I will do or say. I don’t want to go through another round of transitioning to a new boss, to shunning, to doing the distasteful missions, shunning, and round and round the process goes.”

“So, with that all said- I still don’t fully trust you especially the council you named, you gave a spot to Master Eleison- who is an Imperial Knight! Granted she was a Jedi- but NOW she is an Imperial Knight, the leader of that sect. Our two Orders are similar, but we still have different stance on the Force. Kriff, even I have vastly different views of the Force than you and the rest of the Jedi Order...Sarna who has less than a year as a Master…and has some strong Imperial leanings. Kil, I haven’t even heard of until today, but I think she’s a good pick. I think that giving the Imperial Knights any sort of influence to you and your roll is an awful idea. Their insight is valuable, but most of them would cull half the Jedi Order based on their actions and mistakes. I just worry about our apprentices and soldiers with their philosophy- they wouldn’t consider out-of-the-box thinking that could provide better results in some situations… Make sense? Or am I just speaking nonsense at this point? We are the Jedi Order, not the Imperial Knights. You should have Jedi advising you.” He shrugged with both shoulders, but one hand raised up in a hey what are ya gunna do gesture. 

Tobias smiled, glad to get all that out, and sat back in his chosen seat. Hopefully venting a few frustrations, he wouldn’t suffer any repercussions. “Just speaking my mind, Grandmaster. But as far as Borleias… what are your thoughts?”

~~~

Pim motioned for @Vox to follow her. Clearly her master wanted to chat with the other Jedi in private. "I'm hungry, want to go to the mess hall?" She questioned him, but lead the way there regardless of the Trandosians answer. "So, what is your background? Why'd you come to Nar Shaddaa?"

The Zabrak listened to both Siolo and Alliera and gave a slight eyebrow raise with a half smile as both finished. He leaned back and folded his arms across his chest. He took a moment before responding, as both answers generated some small talk amongst the students. "What if I told you that as different of answers as you both provided, is closely strong to how the galaxy sees the Jedi?" He paused for a moment to let his response sink in, and to let everyone ponder upon it. He then walked over to a projector and placed a galaxy map into the view of everyone in the room. 

"Some see the Jedi as protectors, guardians of their home worlds. Others view us a chasers of the Dark Side. Some view the Jedi as those who show up and cause problems for them. Others see us as a challenge to be overcomed, much like Mandalorians of old and some splinter groups now." He now moved himself to stand at a position and pointed towards two different planets with both hands. "Chandrila views us a healers and thinks we were too slow to respond to stop or prevent the burning of their home world. Yet here we have Ord Mantell. These people view us as a hindrance of business and a group that could destroy their entire way of life apart if we were to ever interfere..." The Zabrak put both hands down and began to move back towards the back of the room, but left the map up for all to view. 

"Who is to say that one view is right or wrong? Who can even change their minds if you do hold their view and opinion of us wrong?" It was a test question, but one he was certain that even Jedi Masters would stray from answering fully. But still, such a healthy debate now would help shape their paths that they would walk upon. 

Vox walked along with Pim, taking the hand gestures a moment ago as a sign to leave. It must have been that important for Vos and the older woman to speak alone. Perhaps she was his master? Or maybe an employer or fellow comrade? Despite that, Vox's attention turned to Pim who asked him the million coin-question. Nevermind his stomach was punching at him which he subconsciously ignored. 

Juggling between what answer to give, the Chieftain finally responded with a more appropriate answer that he'd give any stranger, "Your Empire found us. We were stranded, and we made a deal. Though my people are not bound to them, we are to help with your war efforts until I have found a suitable home for my tribe."

Going into detail would boil his blood so Vox didn't bother going into it. With the tone of his voice it was clear that what he said at its end was all he was going to tell. He could talk about his tribe all day, but not the events that unfolded these past few moons... No, that was devolve into silence on his end, and he'd rather be on good if not decent terms with these people. But there were no telling how curious the girl was, in truth Vox was almost hoping she'd ask the right questions. 

With a sigh, he continued, "I am the Chieftain of the Nudono Tribe, warriors who fight for heart and home. Though home is but a distant memory, one day, I will return to liberate my people and take them elsewhere. That Empire, the one who helped us, is supposed to be helping us find a new plain to settle, however no one has returned to us with anything. So, I am hoping my more... Technological warrior can find something. For now, we rest for the next mission. Already we have been involved in three back to back, the first was liberating someplace called Hannah, the next, my crew of four stole two ships from the Black Cloak- or the Sith as you call them. However the last we boarded a vessel, I lost my blade." 

Vox went into slight detail, and the fact he could later go on to take his people's weapon made his spine shiver. Not in fear or regret, but in excitement. It truly was excitable to match against another of those Sith, no matter how outmatched he was, Vox; like the rest of his people were bred for war. 

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

"I mean. I guess we could try and convince them otherwise. But what if we are just a hindrance to them? Or maybe we are too slow to respond?" Siolo looked around at the Zabrak and Alliera, waiting for a response from either of them.

Alliera nodded in a friendly manner to Siolo, to show that she heard him, and shook his hand discreetly, listening to the Jedi Master. Alliera let Siolo answer first, not wanting to be rude. "No One can, and no one has the right to." Alliera answered, opening the Ori'kad and putting the two rounds she had previously loaded back into one of her ammo pouches "It's only those people that can make up thier minds, we can't force them, we can only offer aid and our truth...let them decide." Alliera was distinctly uncomfortable answering like this, she didn't even have a Master yet to help her through these kinds of things, so she fell back on what her parents taught her. "As for Siolo's point: We do what we can. If we make a mistake, we learn from it and try to not repeat it. If we encounter a group that doesn't like us and doesn't want us around, we work around them and don't 'poke the Rancor'." 

The Zabrak slowly nodded his head as he listened to both provide an answer. With a soft voice, he responded to them. "Many may say that we will never change their minds. The best you can do... the best anyone can do is to fully understand the Jedi code, and conduct themselves in a way the provides honor to the Force. As the Jedi Master Kirlocca was once recorded for saying, 'Better to make a hard choice with confidence than an easy one that brings eyes to themselves.'" The Zabrak turned and walked to a storage container of some sorts, pulling out an assortment of different things and laid them all upon a table. "But such discussion rarely help prepare one for what may be expected of them. Although it may frame your perspectives and help you in understanding yourself more..."

He then moved to stand in front of the table and blocked the view of the container, which was hard to see into anyways. "For now, I want us to see for both myself and for yourself, how the Force works within you. Remaining where you are, what is in the container?"

As he mentally prepared to face the consequences for what he had done, despite the actions being in self defense, Orpheon took a startled step back and his bloodied hand once more went to the sword at his side. The last vestiges of adrenaline in his system were fading, only to be spurred to action once more at the prospect of another fight. His knees bent just slightly and his body angled away from the stranger, relying on his prior training to minimize his profile.

Perhaps this planet was a bad idea. Perhaps there will be too much blood on this path. How much am I willing to sacrifice to follow my destiny? How much am I willing to take?

No sooner had the thought sped through his mind than the stranger offered him a hand, indicating the weapon at his belt. The weapon that was simultaneously synonymous with as well as the symbol of the Jedi Knights. Was this destiny extending a hand toward his future? Or was this just pure happenstance? A happy accident?

"What of these men? They need to be tended to. But they also deserve to face justice for their crime."

Orpheon spoke calmly and crisply. His adopted parents had never understood how he could always control his speaking. No matter the environment or situation, Orpheon had always spoke with the calm and collected tone of his species. Neither excitement nor fear could change his he spoke.  Yet even as the words left his mouth, his crimson eyes noticed a camera attached to the wall, directed at the alley.

Convenience or providence

Drawing his pistol, he fired several shots along the alley wall. Anyone investigating the area would notice the scorch marks and their eyes would be drawn to the camera. These men would receive justice.

"Lets go."

Liam let a grin spread across his face as he watched the young chiss work out the moral quandary he had just gotten himself into. As the blaster discharged its crimson bolts into the prefab wall the Jedi KNight kept his green eyes on the crimson eyes of the Chiss. When the young man had made up his mind Liam beckoned towards a turbolift a quick job down the promenade. When they were safely inside the ascending turbolift he gave the Chiss a quick lookover. He took a breath in, letting the force flow through his tired muscles and then extended it towards the other man in an attempt to calm nerves he found already far too calm. 

“Ahhhhh.”

He considered as a few more dozen floors ticked by.

“I sense a little of the Force in you stranger. Have you ever considered the Jedi path?”

tvWz5an.png

Hearing the details of Corellia's liberation, cloak felt the first sign of hope in months. His first instinct is to return home, but no, he was brought here for a reason. "Thank the force." Glancing over to the group of young ones then to Britt smiling and offering a courtesy, "after you" 

Draygo wasn’t so novice that she still wore her heart on her sleeve and readily displayed every emotion on her expression, but her presence fairly recoiled in The Force. Intense emotions rallied for dominance--a sudden craving for a strong drink, a temptation to physically strike Vos, the burning of an intense ego--but what won out was driving, ruthless purpose. The muscles in her jaw worked silently and her fingers rapped nervously on the table between them.

"I'll concede that winning this war is going to require a degree of bastardry. That's the nature of the business. But it will be targeted and there will be clear contrast between us and our enemies. If things look like they’re about to get really bad… let me know in advance so I can alert the Survivor’s Foundation. Just try to not let things escalate to the point where we need to mobilize a hospital ship.”

That craving for a forbidden drink grew stronger. These were decisions that Grandmaster Darkfire would have made many years ago, relying on her political instincts rather than sticking to the ideals she claimed to cleave to. It might win the war, but it would make her miserable in the process. 

"As for the Imperial Knights, driving away those people through his lack of pragmatism was the worst mistake that Darex ever made. He had very specific ideas about what a Jedi is and isn’t… and if there is anything that I have learned it’s that the Order does not belong to me." There was a certain edge in her voice as Draygo wrestled the concept of her closest friend into the past tense. "That schism might take decades to repair, might never get repaired. If that's the case, I'd like them to remember us as old friends who they disagreed with than a bunch of old bastards who drove them away. I might regret the decision to trust them later down the line. If that happens, then that'll be it. Eleison will be gone. For that matter, if Sarna or Kil end up disappointing me, I'll ask them to step aside for someone else. The war is bigger than any one of us.

“So, Borleias. It’s a doorstop to Anaxes, Chandrila, Coruscant, and some of the Deep Core. I suspect that the Sith will respond in force if we attempt invasion and we can’t manage a second front at this time. But I want to make that planet ours. I’ll be going down with a team of engineers to establish a foothold--long-range sensors, hangars, that sort of thing. Then we’ll make the rounds to infiltrate the local refugee camps and take on recruits. Last and most importantly, there’s a Holonet relay station in Juanthir. It serves the entire Namadii Delta leading up to Coruscant and tapping it will give us a clear idea of Sith operations throughout the Pyrian system and the colonies.” These details were rattled off by memory--Borleias was practically home to Draygo and she was intimately familiar with the world’s infrastructure.

“If you have any local… ne’er-do-well friends, we can make use of their services in smuggling personnel and materiel throughout the Core. As for your Padawans, if you trust them… I have always fervently believed in giving our junior members experience in the field.”

drayyy.png

As they entered the turbolift, Orpheon took a moment to close his eyes and finally allow the chemical effects his fight die off. The Chiss allowed his nerves to finally settle, and he could feel his heart rate settling down as the last vestiges of adrenaline finally bleed out. Opening his eyes and flexing his hands to unclench his muscles, he turned to his newfound "savior" and took a good look. This man seemed to clearly be indicating himself as a Jedi by the earlier attention drawn to the weapon at his side. 

"Yes. In fact I came to this planet to seek out the Jedi. My adoptive parents long suspected I had the Sight, as my people call it. I heard a rumor that the Jedi could be found here."

Heaving a slow and silent sigh, Vos nodded in acknowledgement of Armenia's points. When she finished up, he gave her a warm smile and relaxed a bit. 

"I just needed to express my concerns was all. As far as Borleias... you just want to set up a listening post and a small base of operations? So you want me to be part of a hit-and-run squad? And if we need some actors, I think these two, well just the one at the moment but..." He waved the thought aside as if blowing smoke away from ones own face. "They might be up to the challenge. When would we need to leave?"

~~~

Pim turned into the cafe and looked around at the various beings and species of the room, looking for something like soup. Today was a good day for soup, no doubt. As she made the rounds, she continued the conversation. "You want back into the action, eh? You don't like the ol' fashion rest and relaxation routine?" it was a gentle dig, a playful move on her end and she hoped he might realize its good to take a breather. 

She collected her selected food and went over to a table and waited for Vox to join her. stirring the soup with an idle hand Pims eyes got a thousand-yard stare for a brief moment, and she was back to her usual self. "It's good to pace yourself, to practice patience and vigilance. Life is like a journey up a mountain, you take a step up to get to your destination, but occasionally its good to take a moment, look back on what is behind you and where you are now then taking a moment to consider where you were to where you are." Pim smiled again, shrugging "Or I'm just over thinking it..." And she took a sip of her soup. 

"But, now you know you're Force Sensitive... so, whats your game plan now? Stay here at the temple for some training, become a padawan under a master, or return to your people?" Pim's tone was polite as always, but she had only really every known fellow Jedi, so she was curious about non-Jedi folks and their decision making processes.

Siolo racked his brain, trying to remember just what was in the container. He remembered the sight of one pretty sweet blaster. SE-14C model, if his memory served him right. "There was an SE-14C Blaster Pistol... Ummm... Uhhhh..." He couldn't remember anything else. He decided to take a shot in the dark. "Was there also a blanket?" He remembered there was something vaguely rectangular, better than nothing.

Alliera hadn't even seen the container, or if she did, she had previously ignored it. The Jedi Hopeful decided to try and live up to her name and reach out with the force, something she hadn't done yet so far. Trying to reach out with the force was like trying to reach out with a sixth sense one didn't realize they had for most of thier life, and thus didn't understand the mechanisms. Alliera was still, her helmet visibly faced downwards as she tried to reach out. For the first time, she felt like she was in a yawning chasm, like there should be more there, but it was just an oppressive void of nothing. The Mandalorian felt cold in this void, and instantly tried to find something warm, forgetting for a moment the current task. What she found was massive, there were no details of exactly who or what was around her, but she felt the flow of something flowing through and around her, and it was warm.

"I...I feel it." Alliera said, the previous confidence of the Mandalorian replaced by a wonder that showed her youth "Is this...the force?" 

The two walked into a mess room, cafeteria, or as Vox called it a dining hall. There were others around, Imperials, Rebels, and the riffraff however his senses went wild as soon as he smelled the first signs of food. He hasn't really are at all, not in the many hours he's deployed his unit in the insanity of a war Vox and his people truly had no business being in. Even then, it could have spread to the tribe if past events hadn't transpired. Maybe. 

It was the moment Vox almost lunged at the assortment of food before them, different delicacies... If this was considered such, provided. The Chieftain held himself back but couldn't help ignore the woman's playful dig. More or less, he was focused on one thing. Vox selected... More than his tray could handle, more than two trays, and after a good minute of selecting a large portion of just about everything, he walked over to where Pim was seating herself. 

The Chieftain was like a child in a candy shop, he was excited that he finally got to eat. Setting the three massive trays down in front of him, Vox didn't notice the curious glances toward him. An armored reptilian hulk about to inhale what was before him, and he could care less. With a fork, Vox began to eat however slowed himself down, being reminded he's in a public place and not a private den. He still ate what was considered fast yet he made sure to savour the odd tastes. 

Vox listened intently, nodding and grunting in agreement when he could. After Pim asked her questions Vox finished his first tray already, using a folded cloth to wipe his mouth. There was a trio of Imperials who watched the Trandoshan finish the tray rather rapidly with puzzled gazes. Vox cleared his throat and replied, "I suppose I will train, it would certainly give my pack the rest they deserve. However if I am to be utilized for a mission then so be it. I'm positive I can balance between being this padawan and holding the responsibility of leader. However I cannot abandon my people, nor my goals, if I am only to do one or the other. If you had that choice between learning this Force and the survival of your people, which would you choose?" 

It was clear, if Pim reached out to his emotions, that Vox was passionate of his own tribe. He didn't come all this way to choose between one or the other. And though the Trandoshans as a whole 

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

For @Cloak

Britt grinned from ear to ear, one side of her smile  slightly deformed from a sliver of scar that ran from from ear to halfway down her cheek. Shrapnel, especially during the rapid depressurization of one’s cockpit during a dogfight, could make wicked scars. And though she was a beautiful young woman, she had seen much fighting during the last five years of conflict. The ribbons on her pale blue uniform told as much. 

“Thanks Coresec, I'll let you do the interrogating.” 

Summoning the force she reached out and rooted the boots of the youths to the metal decking that made up the street. Frozen as they were, they had no chance to lead them on a chase and their leader, a Rodian male in his late teens, held up his hands in surrender as he saw the lightsaber. Britt’s voice was stern as she ordered them to empty their pockets and she collected the packets of spice from each of them. She looked to Cloak and indicated that he should pursue the line of questioning to find the higher ups of the small drug operation.

for @Katakros

“Well isn’t the Force just something eh?”

Liam let out a long sigh and gave the Chiss a quick lookover before he turned back to watch the glowing lights of the turbolift.  He pressed another button and waited for the lift to ascend to the upper most levels of the planet. When the lift finally reopened they were greeted by the garish lights of the upper districts. High level civilian shops and fully uniformed colonial militia patrols were the norm on this level and the high pyramids of the old Imperial Mission jutted up against the dark sky which was barely illuminated by the floating drydocks in high orbit. 

He indicated towards the closest metal ziggurat and  together they walked into the Jedi Training Facility, which was housed in the outermost imperial mission. Liam pointed to the largest of the facilities as they walked.

“These are the imperial missions, a initiative put together by the Imperial Remnant when they seized these worlds from the Hutt Cartels and Black Sun. They are designed to give jobs to  the refugee and underground populations. They still function even after the Remnant formed the Rebel Alliance. And in time we may even visit one if you progress through the ranks of the Jedi Order.” 

He waved to one of the guards who saluted him. 

“There is no great formal process for joining the Jedi Order, most Jedi like myself just pick up new apprentices. Would you be interested?”

tvWz5an.png

Shaking his head with a grin, Cloak looked from Britt to the Rodain with his hands up, wondering if he actually had any authority to conduct an investigation. Checking again with his right hand to ensure his vibro blade was where it should be. Something he had done out of habit since late childhood. Brushing his hands on his pants he made his way over to the group of youths. Starting with the Rodain he said "Greetings young one."  Looking with slight amusement at the kids nervousness then, pointing to the bag of narcotics "whatcha got there? Looks like poison to me."  Pausing to glance briefly at Britt, he felt a strange sensation coming from the Rodain, something he hadn't felt before. Something like a warning. Ignoring it for now he continued on. "What's wrong? Tauntaun got your tongue?" Cloak paid attention to his surroundings while waiting for the Rodain, well, any of the 'gang' to answer really. He couldn't shake the odd sense he was feeling.

Orpheon continued to follow what appeared to be a Jedi Knight as they entered a remote facility. Looking around he noticed what appeared to be local soldiers milling around some of the shops. He watched as they questioned some suspicious looking young men before moving on. They seemed to be here to keep the peace. The Chiss watched as civilians went about their business, making small purchases of food items, as well as trinkets to take home to their children or loved ones. 

Could this be the life I was meant to have? Could I have been brought here to just live a simple life?

Shaking his head, he knew that was just a small hope. He would be lying to himself if he took that road. He had been given a gift, a gift that called him to a life of service to others. He knew if he ever returned to his people, without making the most of the Sight he would be seen as a failure. Although he had been raised for most of his life outside of the Ascendancy his adopted parents had taught him aspects of his heritage. He knew they did not run from their duty. 

"Yes. I am meant to be a Jedi. I am meant to use the Sight that has been given to me. I came to follow the path that has been laid before me. The path of the Jedi Knights."