Coruscant - Galactic Throne

Exodus

The Curich-class shuttle known as Heaven’s Taint made its way into the skyline of Coruscant, for the very first time carrying the Beck Pilon as the Emperor. He remained in the main hold as the ship found its way down towards the surface. Beck sat looking over many different datapads, all with information that many had sought to provide him with as he ventured upon his new role. For the most part, they were full of garbage of what the Remnant and Alliance of old both had aspirations and dreams for. They held no relevance for what the future was building towards. At least not under his rule. While principals alone held some merit to each, overall they didn't help him in leading. 

Letting out a breath, one of his pilot's shouted into the main hold. "Landing in two..." He then began to put aside all of the datapads, almost discarding them into a bag that could have easily been mistaken as trash.He then placed both of his thumbs in between his eyes, resting on the top of his nose and began to place small pressure. It brought very minor relief to the growing headache he was having ever since his meeting with the Moffs. The action half caught the attention of the only other occupant in the shuttle. “If you thought the Moff’s were bad, just wait until you engage with the Senators on Coruscant.”

Beck looked at her as he moved his hands to rest within his lap. Tylsar Leffkid, a human from Chandrila wasn’t even looking at him, but at a datapad of her own. She had long dirty blonde hair and sharp green eyes. She was assigned to him from the Moffs as someone who understood politics and galactic situations very well. He only allowed for her to remain with him due to her vast knowledge of things outside of Imperial rule. She must have known he stopped putting pressure on his forehead, as she continued in her thoughts. “Coruscant is also not fully recovered from the Crusaders and Faust’s attack. It remains that way due to the gridlock of the politicians who think there are far better things to argue over.”

He let out a sigh and turned to look for a moment at the viewport in the bridge of the shuttle before turning his attention back to Tylsar. “I guess that’s why I’m here. To put things into motion that otherwise couldn’t be put into motion.” She half looked up from her datapad with a slightly blank stare before she fully lowered the datapad into her lap. “Establishing the Consortiums will need to be your first priority. Language, procedures and cleanup can be lower on your to-do list, as many may have issues with it.”

The ship rocked for a moment before it stopped. The pilot shouted that they had fully landed, to which Beck stood up almost immediately. He started to make his way towards the landing ramp, but as he did, addressed Tylsar without looking at her. “That’s your job to help me identify them and give me the wisdom to maneuver them.” He finished his words just as the landing ramp fully touched the ground. Beck walked down the ramp to be greeted by four guards and two Senate officials of the welcoming committee. 

“Emperor Pilon, We are so gla-where are your guards?” Beck turned and looked back up the ramp to see Tylsar walking down the ramp. He then turned back towards the welcoming party. “Not needed. This planet is in disarray still, and no one knew of my travels here, outside of you guys about an hour ago. And I am able to defend myself.” He began to push past them and towards the airspeeder that awaited them. A luxury style speeder, one designed for royalty and people of importance. He wasn’t a fan of the showing, seeing as such credits could have been spent and placed into rebuilding the world. A problem he would address during his extended stay. 

As he sat down, the two officials looked back at Tylsar, who quickly lifted her hand to urge them into the speeder as well. Upon everyone entering and sitting down, Beck wasted no time jumping into things. “The session needs to be more open floor style. Chaos will ensue for a short while, but I can wrangle everyone back in. The gathering time afterwards will require some more formal security matters, but I also want for Consortiums to form naturally and quickly. No need to over lavish the place.”

• Like 1

emperorpilon.png

• 2 months later...

The room felt hollowed out, at least to how Beck remembered it. The audience chamber of the old Imperial Palace used to be able to hold over six hundred dignitaries from all over the galaxy. Now, it was lucky if the room was filled with even fifty bodies. It had been the main hub during the Imperial era of control, and was abandoned when the Republic took over. However, since the destruction of the planet, the senate building had become unusable, while the Palace took minimal damage. How it held up as well as it did almost surprised Beck. Although his own memory of the Palace was only a fleeting one at best. His time on Coruscant was limited, and his time at the Palace was even less.

The noise from the speakers in the audience chamber echoed out off the walls, as the noise amplification and reduction equipment was never installed after that section of the room caved in. As he looked around, a few windows let in what little sunlight was out and about today, showing off the pillars of offices that lead up to the Palace. Many of those had been rebuilt first before anything else. The thought made him roll his eyes slightly, as he had never been one to lavish upon himself or anyone else. It was a mentality that was driven out of him through his training. If he was lucky enough, he would slowly change the mentality around here about such lavishness. 

He was almost bored sitting within the throne of the audience chamber, ears perking up every so often upon hearing words or phrases from senators that he knew he would be rejecting their proposals. More so of the fact that none of them fully understood what was about to transpire in the transition of a new government. He knew such a lack of understanding was present mainly due to buzz words like ‘diplomatic’, ‘imperial flare’, and ‘new republic’. It made him wonder why no one else bothered to fully change it before. 

It was then that some senator or representative from some shipyard world was proposing legislation on ship usage, tossing out some fairly uncontrolled words. “... The reform only promises at most new imperial flare at best. As it is, the last regime was more focused on using imperialized ships as the helmed frontline, and truly didn’t bother to enforce any signs of cohesion between the two factions. I am still very hesitant that this new reformed ideology of government has the ability to maintain any sense of protection to those it now has to look out for. It is why I believe heavily that this bill would help create what has been lacking in years past." Beck turned and gave a quick glance at Tylsar, who in return only gave a look that hinted that she didn't even know the best strategy to use. The common response to the words within the room were almost a flat out agreement. It became clear that the mindset of what was actually happening was something that needed to be addressed. 

Standing up and moving towards the main podium speaker, he made sure to straighten himself upright to show the strength he held. Upon reaching the podium, he stood and looked over the entire room, glancing over many faces and repeated the same movement until the entire room fell quiet and had eyes locked upon him. He was not dressed like any other typical Emperor, not did he hold too much decorum upon his uniform that would even hint at him holding a high Imperial loyalist stance, even though deep down he did. He understood all too well what was needed of him and what the galaxy needed. Such desires were something to daydream about when he had the time. Once the room was fully locked on him and silenced, he projected his voice, even though the microphones at the podium would have easily amplified his voice regardless. 

“The reform that has been stirred within your minds and hearts is not something we shall worry about. This new Sovereignty is not the Empire. Nor is it the Republic. We are a new entity all together. We stand on the brink of a galaxy that needs something new. The old ways do not work, at least not for long. What is expected is for these legislations and bills to be handled at a much smaller scale. Upon the consortiums forming, each one would hold its own resources of taxation, rules and fleets. The only galaxy wide affairs and governing processes would be handled by those who need to be apart of them. As in each leader of the consortiums. So allow for me to end this session today by saying, no bills are being passed at this time. No movement is happening on this floor. We will gather tonight for a less formal dinner gala. But in the meantime, if anyone does have extra time or wants to fully put their credits where their mouth is, we have many projects to actually get this planet and a few others back up and running the way they should be. Stop by my office when you have the time...."

Beck looked around the room again, making sure that his words were clearly noted by everyone as final. To maintain the final note, with his voice still projected loudly, he spoke and then turned. "All Hail the Sovereignty." As he turned to leave the room, Tyslar lead the room in a recourse of what was now becoming the slogan of the Sovereign Alliance. "LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!"

• Like 1

emperorpilon.png

• 4 weeks later...

Beck slowly walked the floor, a great sea of people moved and interacted with each other. Everyone seemed to be more on the hesitant side in regarding him, either through sheer fact that they understood what he would do to their precious systems that they all profted from, or perhaps that they feared what would happen to them if they did approach him. There were a few guards nearby, a much smaller security detail within the halls of the once great palace than what was outside. Yet he did not fear any death or ill fate within these halls. Maybe ill will and ill intent. But he could always handle that. 

Tylsar stood nearby, engaging those that she could and making ever so small subtle gestures to the Emperor as to whom he should attempt to connect with and those that he should avoid. Overall, he was slightly bored by the entire experience. He knew he would have to endure such things taking on the role. He always made fun of others within the military and navy ranks that rose to such positions as this one. Now he pitied them. It wasn't something that he would want at all for his worst enemies, as it was a completely different beast than the world he was used to. But he found comfort in knowing that he held a will to endure it, and a mind that was always learning and absorbing new information. He would be successful in this role the same way he was in every other assignment handed to him. With strong precision and an iron will.  

He went to grab a drink when he spotted an advisor approach him rather quickly. A quick bow, he stuttered out information quickly. "My lord, many of the Imper-Sovereign Knights and military leaders are arriving. Should I have them meet you in your office?" Beck turned with almost a scowl of disappointment. He glanced around the room before returning his full attention back. "No. Have them meet me here. This whole thing is for the entire Sovereignty, not just the policial ones." A quick bow and the advisor turned to leave to let the others know that the Emperor would see them in the grand hall of the old Imperial Palace. As the advisor left ear shot, Beck spoke out loud to himself. "And it would be most amusing to me to see everyone's else faces upon their party getting interrupted." 

• Like 1

emperorpilon.png

• 2 weeks later...

Beck turned with a hard look, allowing for his face to show how much he was quickly judging and summing up the Sovereign Knight before him. He was grateful to some extent over the appearance of the Knight, as it meant he now had an excuse to forfeit such a ridiculous gala event. Three times now in the past year he had to attend one. He'd rather die than attend another. But he already knew his fate upon accepting the role he currently occupied. Taking his eyes off of the Knight, he could see others in uniform starting to enter to room. It was enough to begin to have the senators stir uncomfortably within their own party. A small grin came to his face as he turned back to the Knight. 

"Yes indeed. We are in the middle of establishing new orders and systems of things. As consortiums are being formed, I doubt many would have the ability to establish rules and maintain law. I have a need for the noble Sovereign Knights to maintain this gap, especially in areas where there was a strong Sith presence before hand." 

He turned his head to glance at a few of the dignitaries and other officials of state throw glances his way as he talked to the Knight before him. Letting his grin become even more apparent, he turned back to focus. 

"And I would like it for the Sovereign Alliance to get use to seeing the Knights out and about, taking on a more active role within this new formation of governing style."

• Like 1

emperorpilon.png

• 3 weeks later...

Beck felt almost certain that he understood the sheer confusion that rippled throughout the entire room. Politicians and officials confused by him hosting meetings within their once sacred halls of parties and power moves, now to only be upstaged by the Emperor dissolving the atmosphere through sheer will power of letting the not typical type remain openly within the halls. The Sovereign Knights were not used to being summoned in a show. It was a mix of breaking both standards with a quick stroke. It was needed and something he intended to quickly. The whole thing was bound to piss people off. He didn't much care for feelings of others at the moment. 

Turning to look at some of the others now slowly coming to form a line to see him, he knew he had the attention of many. He turned for a moment to look at Lok, the other Knight present. His words seemed to hint that he was unhappy with him using them in part as a show to break the old broken system. So he returned to the first Knight who approached first. "Onderon is in need of some strong presence. The former home of the Sith still has plenty of struggles. I want for them to be fully swayed back into the fold. Help the Sovereignty by showing up and providing assistance to officials already on site. It's too critical of a system to remain in tarry state." Now turning back to Lok, he narrowed his eyes. "And with it, your very presence is being used as a blunt force to change what doesn't belong. Raven held ideas and established many good things. But I am not Raven. If you wish to discuss your personal preferences, feel free to arrange a time with me after you successfully complete this assignment."

Beck lifted his hand to wave them away and with the same motion waved up the other agent who arrived to see him. 

• Like 2

emperorpilon.png

• 3 weeks later...

Beck listened intently to the new agent before him. Or rather, old one that he was just now meeting. Most likely someone who did very well under the command of Kolchak, the admiral he served alongside within the Remnant. He wouldn't have heard of this Talyn due to the nature of the work Kolchak did. Plus, Beck was always more of the straight forward commander, leaning more into special forces and fleet play. At first, he didn't think there would be much for such an agent to do within this new form of governing, but then he remembered some of his old lessons within the academy. If someone strongly believed in something, they were most likely never to walk away from such beliefs so easily. 

He raise his hand for a moment as Talyn Orin finished. "... I believe.... There may be..." The emperor let his own words stumble as his mind recalled all of the details of one of the most prominent and war mongering sites he had ever been apart of. With his hand still raised, he beckoned Talyn in closer. "Oovo IV is an old site once used by the Empire long before Raven. I know for a fact that there are files there that could become deadly if they fell into the wrong hands...." Beck leaned back into his seat. "I want for you to see that the facility and information within doesn't fall into the wrong hands."

There was some noise of laughter as a nearby group was getting more drunk by the minute. The emperor allowed for a brief eye roll at the sight before returning his attention ack to the agent. "You have full resources available to you from the Sovereignty. Under no circumstances can word of this mission leak outside of those that go with you to complete this task." Beck now turned and looked directly at Talyn to see if there would be any other questions from the agent. 

• Like 1

emperorpilon.png