Qat Chrystac

Raynuk Montar

Vulios sat under a table, working on securing a steady powerline from the main console to the small portable shield nearby a recently crafted forge when an alarm of some sort buzzed and all he could hear was Sarpo Fost scream Nayc, nayc, nayc!” Annoyed, he quickly stood up and looked at the man. “What is it Sarpo, and it better be fixable.” Alor’s new allies need to remain up there until we can establish down here!” Sarpo’s answer was blunt and made his own point very clear by pointing with his finger at a tactical screen. Vulios walked up and looked at it, seeing the small fleet amassed on their front door. Avao Skol walked in, clearly hearing the later half of it, spoke up. “I’ll go up with you Vulios. There is an abandoned shipyard I want to get up and running anyways. We can meet them there.” Letting out a sigh, Vulios opened up a comm to the commanding officer. 

“Sith Fleet Commander, this is Vulios Vuuku. It’s been advised that you remain in space and not deploy down here. Shields are not strong enough to support you. We will meet you on Iron-Pantheon, a small shipyard near your position. From there, we can discuss further deployment.” Vulios cut the transmission and turned to Avao, but she had already left to prep The Trident for the launch up to the shipyard. 

*** On Iron-Pantheon ***

Vulios walked the main floor of the hangar bay alongside Major General Bann Dul, looking over a few items on a datapad that showed the entire list of things brought with them. “I’m going to be blunt Major, some of this isn’t going to work here, not under the conditions of the planet itself-” Vulios pointed towards the Walker crew line. “But a lot of this is going to help out majorly in getting this small operation running. No pun intended.” He handed the datapad back to the Major. “However, if this is ours to use in this alliance, I know that our Alor had another planet in mind as a potential home base…” Vulios purposefully let his own question hang to see if his own thought was correct on the matter.

The thought may have been interrupted just slightly, as a ship made a rather fast and quick arrival in the hangar. The Tyrant Adventure, the ship used by Kami Larkin made a shutdown of it’s systems followed by Kamii and her small squad coming down the ramp. “Mechis III has small defenses, but has been used to create droids for battle. It’s unclear if they’re operational without a closer inspection... “ Kami walked right up to Vulios, ignoring whatever protocol she knew existed in the situation or was super oblivious to it. It wasn’t until after she finished that she turned and acknowledged the Major standing next to Vulios. “Did he come with the massive fleet outside?” Luckily hidden behind his own buy’ce, Vulios was annoyed at Kami’s behavior. “Kami, this is Major General Bann Dul. He’s here on behalf of the Sith Emperor to provide us with some resources. Don’t be rude again or I’ll make you work a full fourteen hours in the forge.” Avao suddenly shouted out- "Send her over here, I have work for Clan Larkin to help get this shipyard up and running until Bann can send over the rest of the support." Vulios knew that Avao was simply attempting to give him time to talk without having to discipline the new Clan on how to interact with others. Turning his full attention back to the Major, he awaited to see what response he would have, or if there were questions. 

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Roots

Major General Bann Dul kept a watchful composure as he strolled the Iron-Pantheon alongside Vulios of House Solus, understanding the level of patchwork organization that befell the Mandalorians of Qat Chrystac. The overt demands of the planet were extreme, and conditions were threatening to any presences that drew near. Nevertheless, the Emperor had instructed that a manifest of suitable aid be lifted in the name of their allies, to expedite their preparedness for the wages of war that continued to gnaw at the feet of the glorious Sith Empire.

"Blunt is preferred, Master Vulios. These reserves and the men that serve, are under jurisdiction of Tros Ardell and House Solus. Whether it's this disastrous rock or another, our men are at your complete service. You know the layout better than most, we will heed your wisdom on the matter." Bann spoke earnestly, voice even-toned under his brandished helmet. 

Major-General Dul maintained his full Mandalorian regalia, colors varnished in fresh black paint, accentuated by the smoke grey and gold outlines of the Ash Legions. Fearless hounds turned from the war-stricken debris that layered the remnants of Coruscant, bound now to the fist of the Emperor. There were those from his clan that were too prideful to renew their purpose and were sent deep into Sith space for 'repurposing', but there were many that jumped at the idea of a new and glorious beginning. The one who had led them before had shepherded his clans to disgrace and ruin, nearly wiping them from existence, but the Emperor saw purpose when others turned their backs. Hounds of the Ash Legion would do what it took, to cull the blighted enemies of the Sith Empire, and lift their names to purpose.

“If the roots of your clan wish to settle elsewhere, you merely have to point to where, I would not blame you, Vulios.” Looking over the analysis of this planet, it wasn’t difficult to see why. “The Emperor is a discerning one, if there is value in this, I am sure he will make a way.”

P3UXctm.gif

Vulios kept his own thoughts to himself for a moment. There was no point in responding directly to Dul, as he was merely an instrument of the Sith Empire, one that he himself made perfectly clear. Without much else to be said, he looked at the hangar floor and pondered for a moment what exactly could they use. After a moment passed, he spoke up. “I believe that the technical personnel and sensor technicians are something that we need on this station right away.” “Plus everything else on that list…” The words came from Avao as she walked up to the two men. Her buy’ce was off, showing her short dark hair and eyes that looked like they always held knives. “Kami’s report, while slightly irrelevant to us in regards to Mechis III, does hold some viability in another area. Intel suggests that a certain planet nearby is of great value for staging grounds and building upon nothing. She even took the liberty to scout it herself, hence the reason her team was late arriving back. She was personally at Forard...” 

Upon finishing her talk, she handed Vulios a datapad with the full report. He looked it over and smiled behind his buy’ce. “Well Dul, It looks like most of your force is going to get working very soon. Allow for me to send this off to Alor and let him make the final call…” He then quickly send a report to Tros on Onderon to see what their leader thought of the new forming plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Vulios stood amongst the crowded control room of Iron-Pantheon as he oversaw the preparations being made. The leaders thus far of House Solus gathered in the room and discussed different strategies that could potentially be deployed on Almas. Vulios looked over at the Major General who stood in the room amongst them. He remained quiet for the most part, observing from what the veteran Mandalorian could tell. In the midst of a break of conversation, Vulios spoke up finally after a while. “Tell me Bann, you’re a man of war. How would you handle taking Forard?” The man now shuffled around for a second and looked directly into Vulios’ eyes. 

“The Capital, much like the planet itself, doesn't hold much in the way of defense. The residing body of government there will be fairly easy to overthrow. I think a TIE strafing run against the city followed by the show of force of Walkers and troops landing and walking in would be more than enough. From that point, it’ll leave you with enough to actually hold both Almas and this burning hot mess of a planet.” Bann Dul now leaned back against the wall and was clearly awaiting the final orders. Vulios turned and looked out at the others gathered in the room. After a long moment passed, he looked everyone in the eyes as he spoke. 

“We’ll take with us 10 AT-STs, 5 TIE bombers, one fully squadron of TIE’s and about half the troops. Atin, Avao and Sarpo will stay here and continue to work at the facility to get the shipyard fully functional with the help of our friends here. I will then lead Clan Larkin into Almas and take Forard. Major General Bann Dul will accompany us as well to oversee his own men. We’ll take our own vessels, The Trident and Tyrant Adventure to aid in the process of taking the City.” Vulios now signaled for everyone to get out, but he held up his hand to hold Avao a bit longer than the others. “Prioritize building the Fangs first. After you get a few of those, see if you can’t get a few designs for either Teroch-class or Keldabe-class vessels for us.”

Vulios then removed his hand to let Avao walk past. After she left the room, he stared at the holodisplay of Forard city and leaned in to get a better closer look one last time before he sees it in person. House Solus was about to make a real name for themselves quickly. 

• 4 weeks later...

**Iron-Pantheon**

Avao Skol and Sarpo Fost worked extra hard, putting in massive amounts of hours working on producing the outlines for the first batch of Fang-class starfighters. Over the course of a few days as both Vulios and their Alor Tros were away doing things to bring in new resources and plans for House Solus, the floors of the main docking hangar had complete outlines and some parts ready for a full squadron of Fang starfighters. The goal was to have the fist squadron of Fangs operational within 4 standard rotations. Avao spent time pouring over the specs of the old Keldabe-class Battleship, attempting to bring it up to date to begin production. She put in double work in attempts to make sure that some weapons that were almost useless be replaced by other weapons that deserved more usefulness. She wanted the production of this massive ship to begin within a standard week.

Meanwhile Sarpo worked hand in hand with the crews delivered by the Sith Empire to begin assembling the Fangs along with starting up production lines for weapons and armor along with the multiple forges needed to work the material given to them. While he oversaw those productions, the Sith crews that weren't directly involved with such setups were put to work in getting 60 quad laser cannons up and running to be fully functional within a standard two weeks to help defend the station if anything was to happen. 

**Jaro Outpost**

There was a very small crew on the surface, working around the clock to prepare the facility to be strong enough to house the weapons smiths alone, and to provide the maximum room for the surface shuttle to land quickly and then take off to avoid overheating.  This was also on schedule to be completed within seven standard rotations before it would be functional at the max capacity. 

• 7 months later...

Tros closed his eyes for a single moment as the sound of the engines powering down for his ship echoed softly within his quarters. He felt a wave of emotions come over him for a second before fading away as soon as the washed over him. The door to his quarters opened without warning, and within the door frame stood Sutu, who even with his buy'ce on made a clear startled reaction to seeing Tros sitting without anything besides for his underwear. Because of his own face being visible, his annoyance showed rather quickly to the Mandalorian who walked in without getting permission first. Before he could lash out any words, Sutu broke the tension quickly. "Avao has reported that everyone is present and awaiting us." He then turned and left in a very hurried pace. Closing his eyes as he looked down, letting out a massive sigh, he wondered for a moment if he would ever get a chance to reflect properly upon the events of his life that has happened over the course of the past three months. It felt like both an eternity and a flash blur all at the same time, which made his own mind wondered how much he could trust his own instincts. Standing up, he quickly began to get dressed and headed towards the meeting. 

**Onboard the Iron-Pantheon**

His boots clanged upon each step as he moved towards the command center of the shipyard. There was plenty of movement, even some from those within the Sith Empire whom were left for the Mandalorians from the previous Sith Lord. As he approached the command center doors, Kot'dral stood outside and held his hand out to hold Tros from entering right away. He pulled him closer in, temporarily letting both of their buy'ces touch in Keldabe kiss. "My squad of Zealots are ready." Tros pulled away and looked at the buy'ce before him. "You are a perfect ver'alor Kot'dral. I will make sure that your name and squad is given all glory and honor upon arriving back. But until then, I do need to address the others." He grabbed Kot'dral's hand for just a second before releasing it and letting it fall back down as he turned and walked into the command center. Avao immediately looked at him upon entering the room and struck a metal plate with a very loud clang, signaling everyone to quiet down and to focus on Tros. He slowly moved forward and looked around the room. Kot'dral came in and stood behind him, just slightly off to his right. 

"War. We are at war with the Jetiise. But let it be clear, our path is already forged for us. Nar Shaddaa is but one strike out of many that is to come. For the purpose of the Sith Empire, we will aid them in their fight. Our partnership with them is long lasting, but out path is not fully tied to theirs. This fight is the start of a very long war, one that will have our own honor and glory tested. But this fight is not our campaign. I say this so that everyone knows the impact of what we are going to accomplish. We are going to make our presence known. Mandalorians will be feared as warriors. We will begin to show our own culture to the galaxy as we continue to burn through those that oppose us. After this fight, we have a lot of ground work to cover before we will be ready for our own campaign. At Nar Shaddaa we show some of our ships and weapons. After our strike, we return back to Almas and begin to build the rest of what we will need. Small strikes, testing weapons and collecting things that we need, all the while helping to support the Sith in whatever they need. Once our numbers are ready and our path clear, we will begin our own campaign."

Tros paused for a moment as he looked around at everyone within the room. "To make things clear about Nar Shaddaa, the Zealots have their goal. No one is to interfere with their mission. Our Supercommandos have been assigned to Darth Mavanger, along with one squad of Pathfinders. Assist him in his task, which is bringing down the Imperial Empress. He must not fail. If you have been assigned to fly one of the Fang starfighters, chaos is your sole mission. Burn and cause chaos as much as you can. The rest, you are to work with me. We are to make sure that we draw out the bigger guns to us, letting Darth Mavanger and the Zealot's to fulfill their missions." Tros then took his buy'ce off and placed it on the center round table in the command center. "There will also be other Mandalorians on the battlefield against us. Terra will be present. They are not our enemy. Engage if you must and kill if left no other option. But remember that they are not our enemy. We do not want to spill their blood if we can avoid it." Finishing up, he looked around at everyone again before picking up his buy'ce and putting it back on. "You have three hours to make your final preparations. Then everyone is to be ready to depart to Nar Shaddaa. Dismissed."

Tros stood in the room as the rest of the leaders nodded their own heads and began to walk out of the room until it was just Kami, Avao and Kot'dral left with him. Avao picked up a case and loaded it on the command table. "Alor, this is a special just for you." She opened the case revealing to blasters. "The very first pair of Westar 75 heavy blasters. Heavier than normal, but carry a far bigger punch than any other. This along with our new Westar assault rifles should help you in providing the chaos you may need to turn a sour situation in your favor." She slide the case over to him and withdrew another case. "Also, I see that you carry the beskad from Vulios. I'd hesitate from using it until you're more comfortable with it. For now, here are some handy things to replenish what you've lost over the past two battles.  This case holds for you darts, which I'm sure you need. 1 electro-dart, 1 lecepanine dart and 1 tranquilizer dart. It also has two Plank gas grenades and 3 Frag grenades. Use them sparingly if you can." Carefully Tros placed all of the weapons into their correct spot on him, while slowly removing his old equipment, which some of it was picked up by Kot'dral, who added it to his own personal armament. 

"Am I the only one that gets new toys?" Avao didn't say anything, but Kami did. "I get to test to new Carbines out. Only one was made. Sorry." "No need to apologize. I'm glad that they will see use." "Speaking of use-" Avao now stood directly in front of Tros as she addressed him. "You're vambraces were bladly destroyed tech wise. The beskar held up though. I can repair the majority of it. Remove them and I can have them back to you within two hours." He slowly nodded his head as he removed the vambraces and handed them over to Avao. As she left with them, Kami and Kot'dral stood before him. Kami removed her buy'ce as she addressed him. "What do you think is in the files on Terra that are so important to our House?" Tros looked at Kot'dral before answering the question. He didn't mind sharing information with her, she he felt like she needed to be in the know in order to fully feel as though she belonged with them. "Where she traveled. I followed her as Mand'alor for a while. After Coruscant, we struck at Chandrilla, to which many of us went in different directions. Her path is unknown to me from there, but she emerged months later helping the rebellion. I am curious as to what she encountered that had her change her direction. I know where Fett traveled. Terra, not so much. I am hoping the files held on her at Nar Shaddaa will give some insight and maybe gain some better idea of how to... well that part is for me alone to know."

Kami narrowed her eyes before she put her own buy'ce back on. "Then I will make sure Clan Larkin does their own duty in bringing honor and glory to House Solus at Nar Shaddaa." She then turned and walked out of the command center. Kot'dral then placed his hand upon Tros's shoulder. "The entire House is behind you, Alor. Strength is life. Honor is life. Loyalty is life. Death is life. Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it." After that, he removed his own hand off the shoulder of Tros and then turned and left the command center as well, leaving Tros finally alone with his own thoughts. 

Edited by saberforce

• 2 weeks later...

The Raven's Bane jumped into orbit over Qat Chrystac with a small protective detail of frigates and corvettes, Darth Mavanger gazing through the glass of the observation deck at the unfamiliar world. He had never been here himself, though from what he understood, it was a world important to the Mandalorians that now bolstered the Sith forces en masse. Behind him, the captain snapped to attention. She was young, with only one battle under her belt, but he had sensed great potential in her. With the right guidance, she would become a worthy successor to the tactical aptitude that Jarvus had brought to his fleet.

The role she couldn't fill, however, was the one that Jarvus had held in his personal life.

"My lord, we have arrived at Qat Chrtac and have opened communications with the local leadership. All that remains is confirmation of our cargo, and we will be prepared for the operation."

He had told few of the upcoming battle. The Dark Lord was relying on surprise, and the number of officers that he trusted seemed to drop with every battle, whether it be through loss of life or redeployment of forces. He could still remember his war council- Half a dozen Sith Lords rallied to his cause, with a myriad of veteran officers. His thoughts lingered on them, and on what he had now. Untested officers and replacement troops. Even his elite vanguard was down to half their number, and his personal guard was at half their numbers with only 4 left standing. Even they would likely fall soon, knowing what he knew was coming.

"Very well, Captain. Contact the shipyard. I will inspect the cargo personally before it is loaded, and I will need to inspect our reinforcements."

• Like 1

mavms.png

Tros found himself standing at the command center after a short repair of equipment and loading everything that he needed for the upcoming battle. Avao double checked the vambraces she repaired and that everything was well within working order. "Checks out. Don't let a lightsaber smack them directly again. The tactical pad was extremely hard to repair within pure beskar." Tros gave a short noise out of his nose, which may have resembled a half chuckle, but fully constricted to the nose only and it was clearly forced out. He didn't have his buy'ce on, so the noise seemed a bit louder. Atin cleared his own throat from across the room. "Incoming ship. Raven's Bane." Tros gave a nod to Avao as she stood up, letting her know that it was time to get the Fang-Fighters ready. "Let them approach. They're our allies. They're here for the Fangs."

"Incoming Raven's Bane. The dock has been opened for you at Iron-Pantheon. A friendly heads up that the air on the station is much thinner than you'd expect. Be prepared." Tros stood over Atin and observed the area before him. "I will meet our guest in the dock. I know that Avao is staying behind to build the Keldabe-class battleship... But unless you have a need here I would much rather have every arm available in this battle." The silver and orange buy'ce turned ever so slightly to look back at Tros. "I'd be disappointed in you if you didn't ask. Any assignments?" With his face still uncovered, he gave a smile. "With me at the front. I'm going to miss having Vulios. And Sarpo already pledged himself to another point entry with the Fangs." The buy'ce turned back to the comms. "It will be an honor Alor. I will meet you on Swift Justice once I am done here." Tros gave a nod and then turned and grabbed his own buy'ce and left the command center to meet with Mavanger on the docks. 

Mordecai would usually be remiss docking his ship to the shipyard of such a new ally. The rebels fed on deceit, betrayal, and rebellion, and trusting new allies was made harder for it. What soothed his was their performance at Naboo. The Mandalorians had a history for brutality, which showed when he had given the order to sack Theed. That, followed by Lady Nyrys's commendation and her assertation of their loyalty, put him at ease. His crew was efficient, and within minutes they were successfully docked in the shipyard and Darth Mavanger was in the hangar of the massive shipyard awaiting the cargo.

Around him were what was left of his personal guard, their armor painted red and gold to match his. They stood at ease, their usual watchfulness in their eyes as they gazed across the open space at the troops and dockworkers moving about. Sergeant Pilon, the ranking trooper after the death of his captain on Naboo, stepped towards Darth Mavanger, giving a small bow as courtesy.

"My Lord, nothing seems amiss here, but we will keep our eyes open."

Mordecai grunted. The Sergeant was a good man, and command of the small team had come naturally to him, but he fell back of procedure too often. Here in the midst of Mandalorians, there was no need for titles or bows.

"At ease, Sergeant. If they planned on betraying the Sith, they would have already. Your bowing won't change that."

mavms.png

The smell of the oils and metals was strong within the air, even with thinner air the scent remained heavy and not even his buy'ce was able to filter it all out. Tros didn't mind it as much as maybe he would have long ago. But times changed. He changed. He was now a leader of a House and someone that others looked towards when it came to Mandalorians. He looked to his right to see Gronn Lerr leading his Pathfinders into the core dock. Sarpo Fost and Bo Qan were leading a group of Supercommandos from the left. They were fresh from the armory, as all of them were still busy carrying their new weapons close and checking them out. He decided to connect with Gronn before talking with Mavanger. 

"Gronn. Are you ready for the assignment?" The other Mandalorian, clad in blue and white armor, didn't stop his own movements, but instead kept walking towards the group of Sith troopers who had joined Mavanger. "We are ready. We will not fail, and we will make Mandalorians feared once again." Tros turned his shoulder and kept up his own pace to remain alongside Gronn. "Don't worry about any of that. Focus solely on whatever tasks you are given. It is critical that Mavanger fulfills his assignment." He then held up a finger to signal that the conversation was over, as they were now upon the Sith troops gathered with Darth Mavanger. When all groups merged together, Tros removed his buy'ce and held it under his left arm. 

"May I present to you Lord Mavanger, Gronn Lerr, who will be leading the Pathfinders I am lending you. There is also Sarpo Fost and Bo Qan, each respectively leading their own Supercommando squads for you. They can do their job well enough and don't need much assistance. Capable and willing." He then turned and with his right arm motioned towards the Fang Starfighters all about them, turning attention back upon finishing talking about them. "They are ready, along with pilots. Some may opt to stay within the confines of the cockpit of their starfighters for the journey, so housing them will not be a problem. I do thank you for being so willing to help us get these to the battlefield."

Mordecai nodded. The troops were well equipped- At the very least, they had the gear for the job. He had a promise of efficiency, but only time would tell how they truly functioned in battle.

"He praises your abilities, Lerr. I will inform you of our objective once we reach Naboo." He looked at the fighters Tros motioned to, nodding. "Do not worry about lodging. We've lost many people and have the quarters to spare. Keep your thanks- We are allies now. You will come to find that I do not leave those who are my allies without support when when needed."

The time for the invasion was close- from here they would both likely head straight to Naboo, and prepare for the invasion of Nar Shaddaa. Mordecai's thrist for battle was usually strong, at least. Kuat, Geonosis, Trulalis. But now, faced with what this war had cost him, and with what was ahead of them, he found himself merely wanting the war to end. End, so that the Sith could rebuild. But he knew that wasn't what was coming. Everything he had done would have been in vain. Every death in the name of an empire that wasn't his. It never had been. Both Exodus and Nyrys played at propaganda and subterfuge, trying to beat the rebels at their own game. It wasn't a war he was prepared for, to say the lease.

"I leave for Naboo tomorrow. Make sure your fighters are loaded by then, and follow me when your forces are ready for the invasion."

mavms.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tros simply left Mavanger with a nod of his head before turning around and departing with his own vod. He knew they would do the job well and that Mavanger would not be disappointed in the results. One of the dock workers, a Sith trooper left from the previous Dark Lord in support of this alliance, approached him rather eagerly. Tros put his buy'ce back on as the man came to stand before him. "Sir, all of the Fang fighters are ready to be loaded and we will begin to load at your command." He looked around at the hangar floor. It was full of new ships and it felt like the beginning of something familiar to him. While he had never truly participated in one of the old conquest campaigns before, the closest he ever got was while he traveled under the banner of Terra. "Load them now. All ships and crew heading out must be ready within the hour." He was still looking around at the hangar as he spoke, and even lingered for a few seconds afterwards. He then walked away and headed towards his own ship, Swift Justice. He would remain there until it was time to leave. There was no need for anyone else to bother him. They all had their orders.