Felucia - Jedi Temple

handofthrawn

Kota watched Aurora very closely out of the corner of his own eyes. He was slightly jealous that she was able to have a bit more success come more easily than his own attempts. Doing his best to stare at the spoon and move it with his mind seemed almost impossible, and his own frustration was beginning to rise. Luckily, or maybe just pure wisdom, Tobias whispered to him, encouraging him to clear his mind and that there was no rush. He had to let out a very heavy sigh as he attempted to push the success of Aurora out of his mind. He stared very intently at the napkin, where he knew that the fork he would need was under it. He pictured the fork in his mind-which seemed stupid to him. This seems like a waste of time... He quickly shook his own head, which may have seemed strange to anyone else, but he knew that Toabis was able to feel his thoughts. That was a poor way for him to view this. He needed to remain calm and focused.

He now lifted his right hand to remain at his side, which was still a decent distance from the fork that he wanted. He closed his own eyes and began to breathe in and out slowly. He allowed for the picture of the fork to enter his mind again, and remain this time around. He reached out with his feelings, his perceptions, trying to see if he could feel the the fork. He couldn't. The fork held no life in it, unlike Aurora and Tobias and Kel, all of which were now around him and he could feel them. The fork... he couldn't. Feeling some more pressure that he was now putting on himself, he began to strain his mind to reach out to feel the fork and attempt to pull it to himself. He knew that he was straining visibly due to the fact that he could feel his lifted hand shaking. In fact; his entire right arm muscles were now shaking and tightened as he attempted to try to pull the fork to him. After he kept trying, slowly his breathing, there was still no movement.

Putting his hand back down at his side, he was overwhelmed with a defeated mindset. He wasn't able to do what Aurora did, and now he felt like he had failed Tobias. Not wanting to talk much after the defeat, he reached out his his left hand now and just picked up something to eat off the plate that Aurora had offered to him, choosing to not use the fork but his hands instead to eat.

0iyHrmQ.png

Tobias leveled his eyes at his young apprentice- he needed to breath through his barrier- his fear of the power he could control. Repeating the doppelganger trick once again- another image of Tobias appeared, beckoning Aurora to follow it. A pure imitation of their teacher. Vos mentally strained at creating it, but he needed to get the Togrutan to touch the Force, what did Tobias have to do? Sandy was already there- Aurora was on her way- Kel was similarly on his way as well. Forcing the frustration out of his mind, Tobias looked over towards the crowd of departing Jedi and support staff.

The first apparition and Kel were walking a few tables away- Kel had not spoken yet, and Tobias would wait until he did so.

The second and Aurora were just starting to pass by a second table out of the cafeteria.

Vos leaned over the table on his elbows. “Kota. Do not focus on the end results- focus on the process. If you are so intent on the end results- you sometimes skip over an important process. Now, try it again. You can do this, I know you can- you know you can.”

Tobias straightened. “If you-” Tobias cut himself off at this point- retracing his words “- I’ve failed multiple times. Trying to run away from being a slave. Trying to become a Sith Apprentice, trying to become a Sith Lord, finding love- finding the light side- taking down a monster as big as this hall.” The hall was 40 feet high, and could hold dozens of people. The room was about the same size as the Dark Side Monolith he, Dahar, Xae and Kirlocca faced off against. “I can tell you of those failures- but look at where I am now… They call me a Jedi Master and I am trying to put some good into the galaxy. I’ve helped liberate planets of slaves. Its not something that can be done overnight, we need allies to join what Adenna and I are doing- and I need you to be there too. You will succeed because there is no other option in the long run. But it is how we get there that matters- we cannot miss a step. So, we try again. If that doesn’t work- we will try something different…” Tobias let a mischievous smile play across his lips. Then with a short nod- he wanted Kota to try again.

Kota let his own frustration show as he glanced over at Tobias as he spoke. He didn't want to hear that from him, yet he knew that deep down his master was correct. He needed to slow down and not focus on the end result. Although for only a moment, he held his own stern gaze at Tobias as he finished before letting out a heavy sigh and let his own stern face go. He turned his face back towards the napkin that covered the fork, but he looked up at the hall for a second only to get perspective on the size of monster his master had fought. Looking back down at the napkin again, he said rather quietly under his own breath.

"Alright, I'll try it again."

Kota closed his eyes and allowed for the energy that he had felt for the first time on Taris to fill him. Again, much like before, he could feel Tobias next to him, along with other students and workers moving around the room. He still couldn't feel the fork. With feeling the same results, he pulled his lips together and in as he tried to fight against the defeated feeling that was swirling up inside him. He had to push through it, trying to find the fork in the Force. He looked hard through his own mind's eye, yet he could not find it. Outwardly, his own eyes sealed tighter as he began to really search for the fork in the Force. Because he could not feel it, he decided to try to move the napkin away from the fork, at least to give him something to celebrate at the very least. As he tried to move it, he began to have his body slightly shake again, and his focus was so hard upon it that he began to have sweat drip from his forehead. After a long moment, he felt himself losing energy and the will to keep it up, so he opened his eyes again and began to pant slightly.

"I can't... I can't find it in the Force..."

0iyHrmQ.png

The very fact that Tobias was calm and still eager put a little hesitation within Kota for a second. He wasn't sure why his master wasn't disappointed in his lack of ability to use the Force. Is he testing me? The thought was quick and passing as he tried to think back on what he did feel.

"Umm... I could feel you. Kel. Aurora... I could feel something that was larger then you guys, but I wasn't focusing upon it..."

Kota then closed his own eyes again and began to reach out. The energy around him swirled as he could still feel Tobias next to him... Although, he was able this time to tell that not all of Tobias was fully present... Somehow he was still with Aurora and Kel who had walked away. Strange. And then surrounding him, his fellow students, the workers was something else that he couldn't quite figure out.

"I can feel it now, but I don't know what it is exactly..."

0iyHrmQ.png

The Tobias doppelganger followed Kel through the halls of the temple. Kel noticed that master Vos had an oddly silent gait to his steps. Too silent in fact. Kel opened his senses to the force. He sensed Kota doing the attempting to do the same. it was almost amusing. Like an infant attempting his first steps. though he also sensed master Vos with the togruta as well though that Vos' presence in the force was much larger than the one currently following him. he also found yet another 'Vos' accompanying Aurora similar to the one following him. Kel came to the conclusion that the Jedi following him was in fact an apparition of some sort that Tobias had created. a useful for multitasking no doubt. Though before Kel could ponder the topic any further, he felt the presence of his brother Frond delve into his mind. The Neti'S Usual speech pattern had changed drastically and he sensed that Frond was suffering a great deal of pain. and while in this state he delivered a message.

"Crawling worm defiles

Waves of darkness crashing down

Ficcabin is lost"

Frond's message confirmed that the vision that Kel had seen was not only of the future, but it had already come to pass. Then Kel sent Frond his own message through the force. "Stay strong Brother. I'll be there soon." After the exchange Kel stooped walking, Turned to master Vos and began to explain His and Frond's plight. "I should tell you that my induction into the jedi order was not the first time i delved into the force. On my world there is a group of Sages called the Baran Do. At first they practiced predicting things like the weather and other natural phenomenon. and though technology advanced to the point where ordinary people could replicate these skills, the Baran do continued to advance their skills. We developed the ability to see into the future. the sages became valuable political advisors and prevented many wars and disasters in their time. My grandfather was one of the sages, and he taught me their ways as well."

"I'm telling you this, because last night I experienced a vision. Frond and Ficcabin have traveled to Garn. There, they encountered the sith. Frond was defeated. and Ficcabin was captured. And I know for a fact, that this Vision has already come to pass. Frond reached out to me through the force. At this very moment, Frond is in pain, and Ficcabin is in grave danger. Please Master Vos, we must go to Garn and rescue them before it's too late!"

5V8Toxy.png

Silently the imitation followed Kel- and listened. Since this wasn't the genuine Tobias, the answer was short and to the point; "I am also familiar with the Baran Do Sages I assumed you were of the Koon linage, my grandfather was friends with Master Plo Koon. Was he your grandfather? Or a Great-Uncle of yours?" the voice slightly echoed in on itself, but was understandable enough.

"Apprentice Kel, I have spoken twice to you of this lesson. Big picture- first with the canines on Ilum, then with the news of Corusant. You are right to want to help people- but what is the big picture here? What could the Sith possibly want with a Jedi Hopeful? Is Frond alive? Will he be alive if we can get to him? Where is he- on Garn still or in space somewhere? We need to think about this- and if we are to rescue Ficcatin- we need to see if we *can*.. do you understand? Now, answers- what do you know? Can we contact Frond? Where is Frond going?"

They stood there, Tobias seemingly patient to ride out the questions. He wanted to do something, alright- but if he took all three of his apprentices into combat- would that make the situation worse? Or should he leave them all hear?

"Frond contacted me through the force but a moment ago. So at the least, he's still alive. And I was even able to reply with a message of my own. I believe we can contact him when necessary. I believe that Frond is still on Garn. Without Ficcabin's help, I doubt Frond would even be able to fly the ship. That's why he brought Ficcabin along in the first place. that Neimoidian just left Frond on the ground and took his hand like a kriffing trophy. And Ficcabin is probably just a victim of circumstance in all of this. Druk! I should've went with them when I had the chance...If Frond was able to find that sith spit neimoidian and his pet serpent before, he could find them again. Our first priority should be finding Frond. Then we'll be able to find Ficcabin wherever we find that sith."

5V8Toxy.png

Back at the table- the real Vos winced and twitched his head. This was a response of him trying to process what Kel was saying to him. He quickly returned to his patient self with Kota.

~~~

The piece of Vos that was with Kel reflected the wincing for an instant, then returned to his regular self. "I have a couple ideas, but what would you do if you were in my place? Play the role of a Jedi Master."

~~~Back at the table:

Tobias let his mind reel with what Kel said- trying to train up Aurora and Kota. He wished to get some time in the Dojo with Kota - no time like the present. Aurora seemed to have her head on straight, relatively.

"Telekinesis is not in your book of skills, it seems- lets see how you are with some target practice." Tobias winked and motioned for Kota to follow him back to the Dojo.

Watching Kota's attempts, Aurora felt slightly sorrowful for the young Alien. In truth though, even she could not fully understand the concept of how or why she succeeded, especially with his failure. Unbeknownst to her at the time, but due to her imprisonment with the large Kyber Crystal and the powers that bounded her within it for thirty millennia, had caused her own sensitivity to become amplified. If she hadn't been found by the Jedi as she had been, and having begun her training, it would only become a matter of time before it became unstable and uncontrollable. Watching Kota's second attempt only made her feel worse, as if her success had only hindered his own confidence, and so when the apparition of Vos appeared beside her, she followed.

Besides the obviously apparent arrival of a second Vos, there were subtle differences that Aurora had picked up on as she followed this second Vos away that spoke of its lack of connectivity to the mortal plane. It felt like it was strained. And she could not tell why she was able to decipher this just by looking upon it, only that the small gem of Kyber she wore around her neck seemed weary of it, as if it was not natural. Still, Aurora chose to follow it, her trust in Vos complete as it led her away and gave Kota a chance to focus without her present.

"Kota seems to be having trouble." She spoke once they were a good bit away, her mind still not completely wrapped around the concept of wielding the mother's breath, or rather, what they called the Force. "Will he be okay?"

Ky4xNb5.png

"Forgive me, my mortal kin, for I knew not what I did."

Kota felt disappointment for a moment after he was unable to actually out what he was feeling, but Tobias seemed to not be bothered by it in the slightest, which made him feel a bit better about. Slowly nodding his head, he stood up from the table and followed after Tobias as they walked towards the dojo. Within his own mind, he felt like he needed to have something happen positively in order to feel like following Tobias off Iridonia would be worth it. Did I make the right choice? It was a thought that he knew he wouldn't get an answer for anytime soon. Only time would tell.

0iyHrmQ.png

~~Aurora

The image of Vos scratched at his stubble- which was weird because this apparition couldn't really feel the itchiness of the beard, it was just to imitate thinking.

"We all must find our own strengths and weaknesses. I have my shortcomings- but I rely on Adenna to watch my back. As I do with her- and the other two masters you met earlier- Tom and Tut. I have come a very long way since I was in Kota's position. We cannot be masters at everything all the time. At any rate, we should speak of you- not Kota. I find I am struggling to juggle three apprentices- and want to do right by each of them. You're a special case, Aurora- you come from a time that little is known about- and I want to do right by you. I see a weapon has found your eye- tell me; what was your life like before your... slumber. Were you a warrior? A strategist? A worker?" The apparition held a finger to his mouth as he thought about what he had said. His left hand waved it away as if shoo-ing animals away from in front of him. As if that would erase the words he had just said. Thought collected, his hands returned to clasp one another behind his back as they continued to walk down a nearly empty hallway with sunlight and a view of the fungal jungle beyond the Temple proper.

"Let me rephrase; Who do you want to be in this new time and age? What do you want to know?" Tobias' apparition smiled, knowing this was more important than where she had been- but where she wanted to go.

~~Kota

Tobias motioned for Kota to take a look at the rows of weapons- from melee to ranged- from slugthrowers to flamethrowers to blasters to basic swords to the ever common vibroblade. It was worth noting that there were no disruptor weapons as those would disintegrate a foe and for trainees to misuse it... would be some bad news. They had made the trip in relative silence; Kotas' little bump had put him in a bad mood and Tobias wasn't great at trying to brighten his mood. "When I first started out- I wish I had these to practice with- but alas, I was not of the Jedi then. Now though..." He shrugged as he found two remotes and tossed them into the air. They took a second to stabilize, but were stationary soon enough.

"That crystal we all brought back from Ilum- I showed you the lightsaber. Now, let me show you this..." Tobias waved his hand and the ray shield came down to cage him into the fighting pit. Just so stray, deflected shots didn't burn up the room or whatever damage might be contained from the rest of the room and onlookers. The two remotes spun around. "A lightsaber is a fantastic tool- a tricky one to master and once you do you-" his sentence was cut off right in the middle as the first volley of shots came out of the remotes. Each splitting the air with their annoying stinger blasts. As he used the Force to dodge the first half dozen- spinning and flipping mostly- he found himself flipping backwards and skidding to a halt- his back hit the ray shield and he was bumped back down to the ground. He landed in a three-point combat stance, as if he had intended to bounce off of the shield. Activating his lightsaber- without the pommel part- a viridian glow played upon Vos' face, the next two blaster shots found purchase where Vos had been a second before- he had rolled to his right and risen to his feet- then the swooping and pings of the lightsaber deflecting the blaster bolts started to ring out. Letting the Force guide his actions for the next moment- he called out to Kota over the ruckus of the remotes. "See?! This is the fun part! Ready to see the exciting part?" Vos laughed as he bellowed- swooping and diving to protect his body against the remotes. Sending out a push with the Force from one hand- he pulled a helmet and stuck it over his head with his other hand. The remotes had to recenter themselves and right on queue- started to fire once again. The helmet was like any ordinary troop helmet- and with a jerk of his head- a visor came down to cover Vos' eyes. "Remote- Instruction- Level five- begin." Tobias called out

And just like that the remotes started to bark faster with more and more bolts filling the air- Tobias ignited the other end of his blade and if his eyes were visible- the color would have matched them. Letting the Force flow through him- he batted back the bolts one after another, utilizing both ends of the blade. He was trying to show Kota that there was a action-side of Tobias as well, not just the boring teacher. After five minutes all the noise stopped and Vos stood there, breathing heavily and dirty from rolling through the sand. The remotes had stopped their firing and went into standby mode. Deactivating the lightsaber, he clipped it to his belt and took off the helmet. flipping it over- he called the two remotes into the impromptu bucket.

Chuckling, he looked over at Kota- "All of these instruments here- aren't for show. You know how to use a blaster? Want to try and shoot me?" Tobias laughed- placing the remotes on the charging station- and the helmet to the cleaning droid. "At any rate- here, its your turn to deflect some blaster bolts. Don't worry- they sting, but do not injure or kill. Here..." Tobias pulled his hair back out of his sweaty face with one hand and with his other guided another lightsaber hilt over to Kota- the hilt was decidedly a little worn. "... that is a training blade. Go, try to use it and when you're ready-" Tobias finished pulling his hair up and tossed another remote into the put four steps down into the sandy training area. "Just tell it to activate."

Aurora gazed at Tobias visage in silence for a few moments as she thought upon his words and considered his questions. She held little knowledge of what they called the Force, so nothing about Tobias truly surprised her to be honest. Yet, his admissions of shortcomings did catch her unaware. Her memories of the Celestial Masters recollected nothing of the sort within their own control, but she had come to know the Jedi as mortal beings like herself. However his questions did propose a slight difficult answer.

Before her slumber, her imprisonment, Aurora enjoyed her life. It was exciting, as during the time, the Galaxy was but a wild frontier, a time of great expansion. Her duties were to expand her Master's alliances and Empire, both as a warrior and as an architect. She was a skilled with a blade as she was with a wrench, a teacher to many of the earliest species in using the shared technology. But now, after her imprisonment, she had only been following those that rescued her, those whom she had found a sense of kinship and safety with. In truth, she hadn't really pondered upon the questions he had asked, only following their lead. But now she found herself in wonderment.

"In truth, I do not know." She spoke, her gaze shifting to the blade upon her hip. "In the past, i was a warrior, a teacher, and helped bring many species out into the Galaxy I see now in such a different light. That was the only life I've ever known. Is there such a place for me in this new era?

Her gaze shifted back to Tobias, and for the first time, her eyes watered not of pain, but of how truly lost she realized she was.

Ky4xNb5.png

~~Aurora

The apparition barked a laugh out of true amusement and turned to stop to enjoy the view. Not that he was making fun of Aurora's situation- he related to it- Tobias himself now found that he was filling out that roll and she was to fill the same role. "Oh my!" Tobias chuckled, letting warmth into his voice- "You'll fit right in, do not worry. The galaxy is a ever-growing puzzle, there are pieces that fit in almost everywhere- and there are pieces still left to be discovered." A smile was still on his face as he patted her on the back-and the reassuring gesture there was some mass there to buff the motion, then turned back to the vegetation. A warm silence crept into the moment before Tobias continued speaking, without looking at Aurora.

"I will give you access to some of the Jedi Archives within the Library. Read and study at your leisure- I wouldn't worry about what you missed. At least, not all of it. You can read all about the Jedi, Sith, and the dozens of other force-sensitive groups out there. Our knowledge of your masters and the Rakatan are a little... lacking- but perhaps you can fill in the void on some pieces. You've touched on the basics- but I would like you to read and investigate about all of what the Jedi do so I can help you become who you want to be. Does that seem alright to you? I do have to go on a mission soon and I am leery of taking you and Kota with me- but I also do not want to get you in over your heads and put you both at risk..."

"You know, I have seen so many sunrises and sunsets on a few dozen worlds- even from orbit too- and I will always be in awe of how the lights shift and mix with the local scenery..." Tobias almost whispered- "It's the little things, really."

His laugh was reassuring and his pat was comforting, causing Aurora to smirk and laugh herself as the tears streamed down her face, her hand reaching up to wipe them away. His acceptance was all that she needed to know that she would eventually be alright and adapt to this new existence despite the fear that existed in facing it. As the moment of silence disappeared, he began to talk.

"That would help. Thank you. She responded to his offer in helping her catch up, but her face grew perplexed as he mentioned a upcoming mentioning, a slight hint of hesitation in his own admission of he were to bring her and Kota along. "I understand. But in truth, I learn better by doing and seeing with my own hands and eyes. I will trust in your judgement, but know that if you were to take us, the experience would outweigh the risk, and we would follow your lead. Three abled bodies are always better than one no matter the differences in skill."

Ky4xNb5.png

Kel was beginning to grow irritated by master Vos' need for planning. Did he not realize time was of the essence? Any strategizing would be best served after recovering Frond. He was about to voice his frustrations, even at the risk of sounding like an impatient child, when he felt Frond's presence in his mind again. although this message was different from his last. the halls of the jedi temple blinked out of existence before his eyes and he found himself on garn. more precisely with in the ship that Frond was struggling to operate. the sensation was odd to say the least it was as though he was seeing everything from Frond's perspective.

Kel could feel Frond's plea for help within his mind along with the netti's frustration not only for his lack of technological prowess, but also for endangering Ficcabin. in this moment Kel knew that he had to offer as much guidance as he could. through the connection they shared, Kel guided Frond's hand as it were his own to the control panel and began imputing the necessary sequence to restore power to the ship. and with the pull of a lever, the ship's engine's hummed as they turned on.

after the engine started the vision blinked as it had before and he found himself back at the temple with the Vos projection. "I'm sorry, Frond contacted me again just now. He wanted me to show him how to turn on the ship. Did you say something? Nevermind. Right now, time is of the essence. And our enemies aren't just going to sit around waiting until we're ready. Besides, whatever plan we have would be better executed once we've regrouped with Frond. Now, if you'll excuse me master, I'm going to prep my ship." With that being said, Kel contacted his astromech and told R5 to meet him at the hangar via his communicator.

5V8Toxy.png

Kota allowed for himself to touch almost every weapon that was available to him. Some seemed like he would enjoy using them, such as a flamethrower. He felt like he would be better suited to use a weapon more like a blaster of some sort, but when he reached the end on the table, he didn't really feel comfortable taking any of the option before him. So, he instead opted for his Quarterstaff that he still carried with him. He pulled it out at the same time that Tobias released two remotes into the air, which quickly turned on and began to stabilize themselves. Kota felt a twinge of panic for a second that he may have chosen the wrong weapon.

He was then slightly relived when they instead turned on Tobias instead of him. Planting his staff into the ground, he leaned upon it as he listened to every word that came out of his master's mouth. He spoke so naturally, much like his own movements. It was something that Kota began to admire quickly, the skill set of his master. Even though at one point, he felt like there was some showing off when he flipped the visor part of the helmet down, Kota still kept his eyes upon the movements that Tobias made. When he finished, Kota began to take his own weight off the Quarterstaff and sainted moved himself into a better ready stance for his master. The move seemed to have conveyed something to Tobias, as he directed the deactivated lightsaber towards Kota, which sent panic down his spine for a second. But he felt it wash away quickly as he reached out to take it.

Slowly, he walked into the center of the training room with breaths to match his slow walk. He quickly used his right hand to put his Quarterstaff back on his back and stared down the remote for a very long time. He couldn't feel it the way he could feel his master. Closing his eyes for just a second, he allowed a deep breath to be taken in before he opened them again, but this time igniting the blade at the same time he spoke the word "Activate." The remote moved slowly enough for him to keep his eyes upon it, yet its movements were so quick and unpredictable that he felt like this was about to be the start of a long day where he would end up having burns all over his body for weeks.

It was then that it happened. The first shot went. For some reason, he felt like his spine tense up, but it didn't lock him up as he was still able to move, to which he did rather quickly. He made a stupid move and jumped his right into a summersault, to which he must not have moved quick enough because as he was rolling up to his feet, his spine tensed up again only to feel a burn within his left shoulder. "Fierfek!" The time to feel bad was lost, as he saw from he corner of his eye the movement of the remote, followed by that same tensing of his spine. Kota acted quicker and bent down, but this time, he allowed himself to be ready to continue to feel for the tension within his spine. When it came, he then stood up and put the blade instinctively in front of his face. Much to his own surprise, the blade caught the blast. It shocked him into a state of surprise that froze him for a second. It too much time to recover, that he wasn't able to react quick enough when his spine tensed up again, so he took another burn to his left thigh. "Oh,Fierfek!" When the burn began to settled down, he felt the same feeling within his spine again, so this time he quickly spun forward, allowing for his own instincts to take over as he moved the blade infant of his body during his spin forward, which ended up deflecting another blaster away from him.

As he landed forward, the same sensation struck his spine again, and Kota quickly used his right hand to flick the blade in an upward motion, which ended up catching the blast. Allowing still for his own instincts to be in control, he used his left hand to pull his Quarterstaff off his back and he quickly thrusted it into the remote. Upon impact, the remote flung backwards and seemed to crash into the wall. He made a loud crack sound and then fell to the ground. Kota felt an immediate sense of failure as he turned to look at Tobias, expecting to see his master disappointed in him for breaking the remote.

0iyHrmQ.png

~~Aurora

“Then come to the Dojo, and spar with Kota. If you two decide you can handle it- and you both are capable- we will leave as soon as possible. My judgement is cloudy- and not the final say. Kota is currently sparring with a remote- so come down and I’ll see how ready you are.”

Just as soon as he spoke, his brow knitted - displaying frustration. Perhaps at another of his conversations, or the splitting of his mind and trying to multitask. Tobias nodded. The frustration disappeared- and likewise the apparition disappeared. Leaving Aurora to her thoughts.

~~Kel

Tobias watched the Kel’Dor leave. It had seem like twelve days instead of the twelve minutes that had passed as Tobias waited for an answer. Then, instead of an answer- he had received a ‘I grow impatient- and do not care about the big picture.’ retort from Kel. Like the sputtering of a adolescent upstart who found instant satisfaction, instant gratification.

On the flip side of that he approved of the ‘Go get ‘em attitude’ the young alien showed, Tobias had been like that once. Back when Tobias choose to risk everything- he was only thirty years old, this body was pretty much brand new, why was he choosing to teach rather than take the Kel’Dor’s approach. Shaking his head, Tobias knew why- it was that he needed more Jedi in the Order that could fight the darkness, that is why he was teaching, rather than fighting. Here the Kel’Dor pushed his limits though- was the Givin a trap? Could Kel and Frond pull it off or just get in the way? Or worse, would they end up in prison or killed as well? Tobias sighed, mentally remarking in his head that the initiative he had was a good thing, while on the flip side Kel had not learned the lesson he was trying to teach- The Big Picture.

First on Ilum with the corpses, then as they were leaving- and Kel said they should rush to Corusant. Now- rushing to rescue two Force Users from the Sith. Tobias sighed inwardly as the alien walked away, and he shook his head. Twelve long minutes had been wasted, twelve minutes that made his headache worse as he held the contact to talk with Kel, and this was the result. Tobias was vexed with that- and then he collapsed the second Doppleganger. Briefly, he was curious if the Kel’Dor would be at home within his Peregrine Circle, or even with the Imperial Knights, who could rely on Imperial Intelligence to plot out missions.

~~Kota

As expected- Kota was stung by the remote, equally as expected he had blocked a few blasts from the remote. Then the young apprentice performed superbly. The only disappointing fact was that he thought Tobias’ approval was so hard to earn. As he sat down at the top step into the pit- he steepled his fingers and rested his chin at the top of his pointer fingers. A smile played across his face, warping the yellow tattoo that spread across his face and up across his eye.

“Good!” Tobias clapped twice- collecting the pieces of the remote and put it in a cloth bag he had laid across his lap just as Kota started. He jingled the bag- and looked at Kota with a bit of a serious tone in his eye. “But do you know how many of these things we have? The number would surprise you…”

He handed the bag off to an inventory droid as he made his way over to it about twenty feet away. The droid took the bag and scuttled away just out of sight. “Enough to break twenty a day and still be able to train the Jedi here- these remotes are cheap and easy to fix- perfect for training apprentices. Do not worry about it.” Tobias smiled with amusement, trying to comfort his apprentice.

He returned to his seat and looked to Kota again- “If you had not blocked any of those shots, I would have put you in the helmet as I did- sometimes a Force User relies too much on their senses, and not enough in the Force. Tell me your opinion on the training blade? Or did you prefer your staff?”

Tobias leaned back against the single stair he had descended, curious to see if Aurora would be down soon or if he should spar with Kota... Actually that didn't sound too bad. But he needed to get them ready to fight and retrieve the Given.

"As you wish." Aurora spoke, watching the brow of Tobias furrow, his mind seemingly distracted. Or was he unsure of his decision? She could not tell. Whatever bothered him disappeared along with the apparition, leaving Aurora alone with her own thoughts. It seemed so much had changed during her slumber. Even upon this primitive planet, she had noticed the technological advances made by those whom lived today. And a part of her felt fear of the unknown that laid ahead. But as the small crystalline tear hovered before her, retained upon the chain she wore, her fears subsided with a mutual agreement. "Come. Let's make our way back to the Dojo."

During her time, technology was limited to the select few, those who were chosen to possess it by the Celestial Masters. This was what had led to the war with Rakata. But this new era she had woken in, technology surrounded them, and part of her wondered if it stretched across the entire galaxy. If so, it's no wonder that these few she had met knew little of the war and of her past. She, like the many planets that were destroyed by the Rakata, were lost to legends and forgotten memories. As she darkened the entrance of the Dojo, she stopped, allowing Tobias' lesson with Kota before she stepped forward into the room. Without a word, she gazed and smiled as she caught their gaze.

Ky4xNb5.png

• 2 weeks later...

“COME AT ME!” Ni shouted from the bottom of the cargo ramp of the YT freighter called The Prism, his stance spread wide as his gaze was fixed up inside the ship. A wrench flew down with such speeds as if it were fired from a cannon. His, masculine programming apparently gave the droids gender, arm was sheared off at the shoulder. Knight, the combat oriented PIT droid leapt down to continue the attack. As the two tumbled around the cargo ramp a chirp came from the intercomm at the top of the ramp.

They immediately stopped their fighting. “Knock whatever you’re all doing- off. Prepare the ship- make sure everything is in in perfect working order. We’ll be seeing combat, and I want to make track reflective particle canisters- spare energy cells and… a harpoon missile…”

“OH ARE WE GOING SPACE WHALING?” Ni interrupted, shouting up the ramp with obvious excitement.

“Heh, I have something more crazy in mind for that tool. You’ll enjoy it, each of you.” There was playfulness and warmth in the words, then it turned cold as he continued. “Don’t interrupt me again.”

He let the silence linger for a moment and continued with his instructions. “Also load up on medical supplies and have Knight install how to fix a Givin, as well as other recent medical developments. And before you say it- yes, I am a Jedi, but we will have up to five others on the ship and my healing abilities can only get us to far. Also- make sure we have combat vac suits, just to be on the safe side for these three- individuals. I’d like to take off within the hour. One last thing...Ikky, please transfer me over to personal comms.”

There was a subtle click and his voice spoke to the three droids internally. With a quick authentication code, one that would unlock a string of other orders- the droids would have to focus and get their tasks done, as was their programming. When the droids got bored, they got destructive. Luckily, the limbs did pop off and on like a child's play toy so the damage done to Ni wasn’t time consuming.

~~~

Back at the Dojo, Tobias turned from his comm back to his two apprentices. They were sparing, gently testing one another. Aurora was a seasoned warrior and Kota was an ambitious teenager. Both complemented one another quite well.

Tobias sighed inwardly and watched the two dance back and forth. He was not surprised when Tut and Tom took a seat next to him on the steps down into the sparring pit. In a hushed whisper among three masters Tobias continued his instructions. There were orders he had set in motion, and in behind his co-conspiritors, he needed them to catch up.

“One of my...charges… is set to go on a rescue mission for two other apprentices. I have to go… make sure the situation doesn’t get worse and make sure no bad decisions are made.”

Tut bellowed a laugh, his green skin peeling back into the widest grin the Nautolan had had since Chal’lar. Tom, in turn, snorted and smirked.

Tobias rolled his eyes and cut them off before they had a chance to start- “Knock it off. I know how the tables turn. But- its going to be up to these two if they want to come along- if not I am leaving them here in your care. Hopefully, we will all rendezvous on Borleias…”

Standing, he dusted off his clothes, made his announcement to the apprentices and then walked out of the Dojo. They had an hour to decide if they really wanted to see combat and be part of the mission. If they did, wonderful. If not, wonderful.

R5 activated the boosters attached to his legs allowing him to hover up to the docking port on Kel's ship. The astromech then began beeping as it was it's primary method of communication. once kel had climbed the ladder and situated him self in the ship's cockpit he answered. "We're going to garn to pick up Frond. Once we do, we'll start looking for Ficcabin." R5 began beeping again asking yet another question. "Frond is... technologically challenged to put it kindly. He can't fly the ship by himself. So once we get there I'll have to operate his ship and you'll have to follow us in mine." BEEP. "Okay, ours. Yeesh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

After their brief exchange, Kel fired up the ship and steered it until it connected to the syliure hyper space ring. once the docking was completed, the ship took off into space. Kel input the coordinates for garn, activated the hyperdrive, and entered hyperspace.

5V8Toxy.png

Tobias collected the last of the trinkets he would need, and some meerly that he thought he would need. Visiting the Temple Master to do a formal check-out session, the communications suite to send out a few last minute messages, and his temporary room within the temple, the Force User was ready to debark. Within moments he would return to The Prism and see if his apprentices joined him, or if Tut or Tom would have joined him.

He wished he had kept the Peregrine Circle running- he wouldn't have lost Sarah, DuVos and Chal'lar. Well, he would have still lost them- but he would have had replacements available to install afterwards. As he ascended the boarding ramp he did notice there were four burn marks and fresh scratches on the boarding ramp. Dismissed the marked with an eyebrow raise, and settled in for take off.

(Whether or not Aurora or Kota join Vos is up to each of you.)

Aurora could feel the rust beginning to shed from her form as she and Kota sparred, as elegant upon her feet as a leaf upon a slow trickling stream through the plains of Dantooine. And her weapon matched her completely, a wise choice upon her part as it shifted from blade to stave at her beckoning and capable of both close and distant combat. For the most part, Aurora used the staved Trident to keep her opponent at a distant. But when times presented themselves, she used its hilt to propel herself forward toward him and flicking the switch upon it to return the stave back to it's original bladed form after closing the gap. Sweat beaded down her face as she smiled at Kota, her enjoyment and loosened composure speaking loudly at how far she had came since Ilum.

But every good thing must come to an end, and so did her spar with Kota as Tobias stepped from the sidelines and made an announcement. "Only an hour? She questioned to herself, her gaze shifting toward Kota to see if he held interest as much as she did. Not that it was the combat she sought after, but the exploration and knowledge that came along with it. She had been cooped up for far too long and deep inside her, she felt that it was time to go out into the Galaxy and stretch her ancient legs. As Tobias departed, so did she, rushing as she went.

She had very few things to collect, but one of them was standard issued armorweave that covered her form beneath the Jedi Robes that Tobias had issued her. Another few items were of the female hygienic nature, because let's face it, nature never waits for anyone. And lastly, her former cloth robes, the last remnants of her ancient past and what memories they held for her. By the time Tobias had arrived at the Prism, Aurora was collecting the last of her things in case his ship would not be the one in which they took on the mission. Smiling as he stepped aboard, it turned into a slight disappointing look when there seemed to be no sign of Kota with him. Questioning, she asked. "Kota's not coming?

Ky4xNb5.png

Tobias shrugged as the pair ascended the ramp just in time as the ramp started to close. "He might be in his quarters, or not. Training multiple apprentices is harder when their skillsets are so different. In the time it will take to reach our objective- you should best learn how to levitate and control the movements of..." Tobias dug around in his pocket and gave a victory grunt, producing a grenade with a gloved hand. "...this. Don't blow a hole in my ship, so be careful."

It wasn't live. Tobias had made sure to get a dud so that she could practice- but have her used to its weight and capabilities. Making a mental note to not let her go into battle with it, Tobias nodded and left to his cabin. To his drawing board and... an empty bed. He let his eyes drift around the room- wish Adenna was here. After the moment had passed he tossed his bag onto the bed and activated the drawing board. Then felt the hum of the hyperdrive kick in- and they were on their way.

The disappointment that lingered in the air only thickened as Aurora listened to Tobias speak. Not that she was disappointed in Kota per se, but in that she would not get to fight along side nor bond with her fellow trainee, the comradery between the two being left as is... at least, for now. Just as the ramp began to close, Aurora took one last gaze upon Felucia in hopes that she was see Kota's arrival in the distance, but turned back toward the interior of the ship as it closed with a subtle hiss.

Now it was time to train as Tobias had instructed. Returning to the room she had previously called home aboard Tobias' ship, Aurora put most of her things aside and began to undress. They were headed into battle after all, and when they landed, she wanted to be sure she was ready. First she placed upon her body was the armorweave shes had collected, the coldness of its steel spreading goosebumps across her pale skin. Next was that of her former clothing, robes of pure white that hung like a dress, revealing the armorweave aroun her neck and her biceps before cover the rest of her arms and form down to just below her knees. Next would be the pants and boots of the Jedi robes Tobias had acquired for her as well as the vestige. And finally, Aurora tied her long hair up in a bow to keep it from dragging the floor and hung the sash of her former robes atop her shoulders. This was the Aurora that would live on from this day forth, a new life in a new millennia, and she wanted to make it her own.

As the ship hummed its entrance into hyperspace, Aurora sat in the middle of the room, crossing her legs and laying the grenade out in front of her. Tobias had assigned her a task, and for the remainder of the trip, she would focus solely upon it.

Ky4xNb5.png

• 1 month later...

Ordered constructed after the massive Sith assault on Kuat, the angled red and off white Nebula class Star Destroyer Justice's Mandate was finally complete.  After completing several test flights and two mock combat drills, its master, Commodore Lendran Neldis, deemed the new ship finally ready for action. With the realization that true war was now upon them, there were no attempts made to make this vessel anything less than a warship. Its weapons were not inhibited, its fighters were the latest, most advanced available from its XJ7-wings to its B-wing bombers and the quick strike E7-wings. The ship wasn't as large or intimidating as the Imperial II Star Destroyers, but they packed similar firepower. With the change in purpose, the naming scheme of Jedi capital ships changed from venerating its heroes to espousing virtues and goals.

Once all troops and supplies loaded on board, its engines flared and it left port escorted by a small swarm of its starfighters. As soon as they cleared orbit, the fighters docked and the capital ship made its jump to hyperspace destined for Borleias to join the main Jedi fleet.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 4 months later...

It was a long distace from Chandrila to Felucia, or so it felt for Solestran. It probably felt that much longer simply because she had to flee from her homeworld because it was dangerous. Her mother needed to stay at their home because she had business to take care of, but she didn’t want Solestran to stay there and possibly encounter whatever or whoever would be coming. Unbeknownst to her mother this trip had a duel purpose for her, while she had traveled to a safer planet, she had hoped to find the Jedi and train with them. She knew that she was force sensitive, because her father had told her. However, she didn’t know how much, or if she could be Jedi worthy, but it was something that she had wanted to do for most of her childhood. 

Once she was off of her transport, she asked someone how to get to where the Jedi were, but they didn’t seem to indicate much outside of a shuttle that would take her the remaining distance to her desired destination. While she had been tired, she was too excited, and more so, nervous, about what laid ahead of her. Once she reached the Jedi Temple, so many emotions were going through her, she wasn’t sure how to process them. She almost wanted to turn around and head back, but she was low on money, and didn’t want to blow her opportunity, this was her one shot.

As she entered the temple, she was amazed at the site as she had never seen anything quite like it before. She stood in the reception area, not quite sure who she should talk to next. 

Despite the recent beefing of the security here at Felucia, it was still a relaxed atmosphere outside the refugee camps and within the Temple grounds for most travelers. Most were scanned and allowed entrance while Jedi Masters roamed its many halls making mental notes of each that visited, even some requiring the occasional probing approach if one's mind seemed too well guarded.

One of these Masters was a Jedi Instructor by the name of Tre' Vo, a unique Kaminoan with green eyes whose slender form seemed to almost glide through its many halls as he walked amongst those seeking refuge, aid, or even medical help. It was during one of these visits when he felt a ripple of emotions pulsing about, his gaze shifting and falling upon a human girl that had recently walked in, the look upon her face echoing it both amazement and of confusion. With a smile, he made his approach.

"How can I help you, little one?" He poised in question as he approached Solestran, his longer slender fingers intertwining as he clasped his hands together and bowed his elongated neck. "I am Jedi Master Tre' Vo, but you are welcome to call me Tre'."

As he spoke, his green gaze fell upon her in his own wonderment, curious questions as to what had brought her to Felucia and what it was that she sought, tempted to but reluctantly not allowing himself to prowl about her mind as a small few would do, and instead choosing to let her reveal herself as she wished.

Solestran snapped out of her thoughts, as she noticed someone approaching her. She was a little surprised, as he looked like a Kaminoan. She had seen pictures and images but had never seen one in person. He seemed to move with complete grace, it made her feel slightly nervous because she was not always so fluent in her moves. 

“It’s very good to meet you.” She replied, wondering if she should bow back or not. As she spoke it felt almost as if he could see right through her. “I want to become a Jedi.” She answered carefully, not wanting to sound too eager, but also wanting to be taken very seriously. She watched his face, wondering what he would say, the last thing she wanted was to have to go back home.