Felucia - Jedi Temple

handofthrawn

Kel Koon quietly sat with the other padawans and did as instructed. when he closed his eyes he heard not only the inner workings of his own body, but also the breathing of all the other padawans in the room. breathing the very air that was hazardous to his own people. The air that his mask filtered.

Then his consciousness drifted and he felt the air in the sky above the temple. from there, he saw dark clouds coming, no doubt a storm was heading in the temples direction. and judging from the distance and wind speed, it would be here in a day or two.

when he opened his eyes again, he saw the other padawans still meditating. he felt that it would be rude to interrupt, so he patiently waited until each of them were ready.

5V8Toxy.png

Stepping off of the durasteel transport into the bright warm life-giving rays of Felucia, the haggard looking Frond’s fronds almost immediately perked up, turning ever so gently to accept the embrace of the overhead sunlight. With but a word of thanks to those Mandalorians who so willingly transported him from Mandalore to hear in exchange for hours of musings on The Force by the aged Mind Walker. Odd. Frond had thought, but he was never one to turn away anyone seeking knowledge of The Force, for whatever purpose.

Moving off into the dense jungle, Frond began a slow methodical walk, careful to disturb his brethren flora, as little as possible; basking in the warmth of the overhead glow, the life energies of the planet itself and the strong enveloping embrace of The Force that radiated through the land. After travelling well past sundown and into the graying light of the next day’s rising sun, the Neti found himself atop the highest point overlooking the canyon, ”From my vision. This place is.” he noted to himself more than anything. Given that there were no signs of anyone at or around the hatch and scanning device, Frond approached, The Force giving him no warning of any immediately impending danger. As he neared, he inspected the retinal scanner with interest. He had seen such devices recently aboard the ships he had travelled on, but in truth he had then been more focused on energy conservation than learning of the shadowy technology of the physical realms.

With a knotted fingerlike tendril, the humanoid tree-being poked at several buttons to no avail, save for a few angry bleeps in response. For several minutes he stood there, pondering the device before him before shaking his leafy head and turning away to the hatch. Examining it, he became convinced that should the need arise, such a thing could probably be forced open like countless shell encrusted fruits across the galaxy, but he did not think such a thing was a worthy undertaking if the Je’daii were below. Besides, he was a Neti, not one of the younger species inclined towards violence as a first or second resort. Instead, Frond glanced about, walking slow padded circles about the hatch and scanner, turning over the situation in his head. He did not know what had all come to pass yet. The Force had ways of showing events even eons in the future. Was there a rush? Or was it simply Frond’s deep-seated emotional response to what he had seen wrought by the Dark Side on Kashyyyk that had forced him to take such quick steps to journey to yet another unvisited world in such a short time. What would his brethren amongst the Mind Walkers think of his haste now? Only truth is The Force. Shadows bathed all others.” he reminded himself as he finally settled on a suitable response.

Planting himself in the hard sun baked soil opening looking up into the sky, the humanoid Neti crackled with a yellow energy as his body twisted and turned transforming him, this time not into a mighty tree, but a bending and swaying sapling, directly in front of the retinal scanner. Here, he could watch and wait for as long as necessary. A single unobtrusive sentinel placed so as to be ignorable, his black shimmering leaves and dark glossy bark a start contrast to the surrounding plant life around the clearing.

XQ19Jfm.png

Eyelids opened slowly, the right one first, followed by the left. Revealing the bright green unfocused eyes behind the lids. Slowly the pupils refocused into dots as the 2-1B flashed a bright LED into each pupil to test reaction times. Distantly through the fog of the barely conscious, Sandy could hear the word it spoke to an unknown other droid.

“Sarna has awoken in good health, the biological tissue sample is showing good results, and as advised her spirit seems to have returned in good order.”

Sandy sat upright at those words, in protest her stomach seemed to revile the move and sent her into a vomiting session in which she threw up no food at all but merely a clear gel like fluid. She had done this all before. On Ossus. She was in a clone’s body. As the 2-1B scrambled to check her vitals, she looked at her arms. The scars were still there, the long gashes of self harm and the torture of slavers on Thalassia. She saw her sabre and tool belt beside her. No doubt brought back by the Jedi Expeditionary force that had helped on Scarif.

Kriff me.

She stood and stumbled over to the footlocker and shrugged on a tunic top that covered everything down to her thighs. It was made of a rough green materiel watch grated at her skin. Perhaps it was an outer tunic, and not meant to be worn close to the skin. She brushed her scarred hands down over the cloth and wiped some of the tank fluid off her thighs which themselves were covered by long curving wicked scars.

Where am I?

She didn’t think to ask the medical droids who were simply staring incredulously. She brushed off the droids and stumbled out of the room, leaving wet foot prints as she made her way to the the outside. The temple was a maze of stone and metal, all welcoming, though the faces that stared at her as she passed were possibly less so. She eventually discovered the front door when she saw a group of padawans eagerly discussing a tree that had just appeared in front of the doors. Some saw it as a sign, some worried if it was a Sith plant. Sandy merely slapped her hand on the outer door access panel and stumbled into the bright sun. Her unfocused eyes slowly began to adjust to the brightness, and the nearly rejoices at the feeling of the grass and dirt between her toes.

She sighed and let the sun begin to dry her hair and skin. Distantly she could hear the security door slam closed behind her, but she was in no mood to consider it. She took a few deep breaths and let her spirit touch the force. At first, as it always seemed to be, it overwhelmed her. She let it wash over her like a scarif tidal wave, refreshing her muscles and clearing her mind. More effective than the strongest ‘Caf. When she blinked again her eyes were focused and her breathing was stilled. She took one last breath and smelled the wonderful scent of pine. It was then that her eyes caught sight of the sapling near the gates and she was taken aback that there was a presence emanating from it.

Suddenly embarrassed by her relative lack of clothes and weapons, she simply bowed towards the presence within the sapling. Her voice was hesitant when she spoke.

“Hello, I am Sandy Sarna. Who may you be?”

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

'Well, they've certainly caused a commotion. of course that's my kind of crowd. i think i'll go introduce myself.'

and so, the kel doran departed from the group meditation to acquaint himself with the new arrivals. "Well this an interesting sight. a walking tree, and a girl who look as though she's recently emerged from a Bacta tank." Kel koon said while approaching the two of them "The name's Kel Koon. Welcome to felucia."

Edited by Guest
5V8Toxy.png

Frond sat for several days. Now and again it seemed that a youngling or two would come out to steal a glance at him before scurrying back inside to his or her studies; but as of yet, no one had come to him to enquire as to his purpose at their gates.

After a few days of Frond enjoying the sunlight, breezes, and gentle nudgings of The Force, a strange presence came out to greet him. A young human female, clad only in a rough robe, greeted him. Somehow though, this youngling cast a presence through the currents of The Force greater than one could ever expect; even more so Frond recognized the being before him, not her presence, but her form. Frond had seen it afloat within the Mirror of Remembrance. He had never stopped to consort with her, but her face, he was sure, was familiar. Then, she spoke, to him, the first that had deigned to do so since his arrival. On her heals came a Dorian, just as young as the one who called herself Sandy Sarna. The Dorian spoke as well identifying himself as Kel Koon; whether it was because the stronger one had done so first remained to be seen, but the time had come.

With an audible shiver of leaves and creaking of wood, Frond shook his tendrilled form in wordless response, before, with the crackling of yellow energy his tree-like shape twisted and writhed, there standing where a tree had been moments before now stood a wooden figure of a humanoid, shimmering black leaves for hair and a cloak of rustling black leaves covering his form, but just as much a part of his being.

With a cracking creak, Frond turned to Kel and Sandy and offered an oddly misshapen wooden smile, his dark brown eyes lighting up with his smile. With slow, deliberate, plant-like movements, the Neti extended a knobby finger and tapped his chest. ”Frond. The Force servant.” he spoke before pointing towards Sandy, Journeyed you Beyond Shadows have. Master Je’daii you.”

Stepping towards Sandy and Kel, he continued to speak, opening his robes to show that he carried no weapons. ”Mind-walker I. Come to learn. Je’daii ways. Bring balance forth. Strong is The Force within.” By now, he was standing directly in front of the two, and with a knotted finger on each hand he touched each of their chests as he finished speaking. ”Friend I.”

XQ19Jfm.png

Well he speaks quite eloquently for uhh a tree. The Jedi Knight thought to herself as she slowly nodded in wonder. Making sure she kept her chin from dropping in surprise.

She had heard of his kind a very long time before, when she had studies beside Aidan at Gala and Ossus before he departed for the remnant, and his spirit had turned harder than the tree being before hers bark. But she had changed also, she wasn’t a little girl twitterpated by a daring older imperial with handsome looks and a stylish cut off the jaw. She had served the Galactic Alliance at Thalassia, had her childhood dreams ripped away at the hands of the Togorians, he had been too young to experience what she did, only then to be rescued by the Iron Super Commandos and then butchered by a Sith lord. What a life to have lived at sixteen, and that was only the life she had lived up to a few years ago. After she had die-

There. That's where she had felt this tree’s presence before. In the formless void between the stars, between lives, between deaths. Beyond the pale of humanity.

“Well acolyte Frond, I welcome you to the Jedi Stronghold of…” she trailed off and then looked at Kel Koon who had thankfully just informed the two of them where they actually were. “...Felucia, thank you acolyte Kel Koon.” She said with a laugh that was full of mirth at her own brainlessness. A real laugh, something that she had not expressed in a long while. She extended a pale, scarred hand to Kel Koon and shook his. Her fingers hand long scars that a hunter would recognize from a flaying. Such was the torture she had endured on Tatooine and Thalassia. “A pleasure to meet you Koon, I am Knight Sarna at your service.” After shaking the Doran’s hand she did not shrink before the touch of the Neti, he was likely sensing her motives and walking in her past, if he wanted to wander those halls of anguish she would let him. “And a pleasure to meet you Mind Walker Frond, I have never encountered one such as you so please tell me about yourself as we enter the temple fortress.” Her head turned back to the Doran as she walked to the door and held down the entrance pad. “And you should as well, tell me what brings you here, and what drives you to walk the Jedi path.”

The door slid open with a sharp hiss, and she led them back into the depth of the fortress, her bare feet nearly recoiling at the cold marble tile that they began to walk on. Distantly she wondered if Frond would need artificial lighting like the kind indoor plant growers used on space stations if he was to stay inside for long periods of time.

((Karyu, lets get some in depth posting, describe your surroundings as we walk toward the atrium of the Jedi Fortress. Describe the way you feel in the hall, the colours, any misgivings your character may have, and how each of our characters look in your own words. You are doing great, lets see some more!))

Calix Meus Inebrians

"You are welcome Knight Sarna." Kel koon said taking note of her numerous scars. the blonde haired girl had obviously been afflicted a great deal of pain in the past. He wasn't sure what a mind walker was, but he felt that the neti was someone he could trust. Kel also noted Frond's odd way of speaking backwards. he had heard many dialects on his home world of Doran, and while frond was not at all difficult to understand, it was still strange to his ears. 'Frond said that Sarna had traveled beyond shadows. what did he mean by that? did she return from a place that was strong in the dark side of he force? or was it something else. shadows...he couldn't mean the afterlife could he? was such a feat even possible?

as they rode the turbo lift toward the atrium he once again took notice of the numerous paintings and tapestries adorning the pillars and walls. Kel had yet to encounter anyone of frond's nature before. he made a mental note to spend some time in the archive to study the various peoples and their customs in the future. Frond's ability to change his shape at will had greatly intrigued him.

"As i told Master Pulthar, I came to felucia to become a Jedi after my grandfather passed away. He was a sage of the baran do, and while i did study their ways for a time, I wanted to be something more. So i sought out the Jedi, hoping to join them. I know that Jedi training usually starts at a younger age, but the master was very encouraging. i hope that someday, that I can become a master like him. What about you Sarna? why did you become a Jedi?" Kel asked.

Edited by Guest
5V8Toxy.png

Frond followed along as they boarded the lift. He wondered if, like the Jedi Temples of yore, they had an indoor atrium of sorts that provided artificial sunlight and the feeling that one was outdoors. Was that needed on such a lush world? The tree-like sentinel stood silently as they descended, listening to the Dorian speak. For a moment, he saw a hint of confusion pass across the young being’s face at the mention of Beyond Shadows.

As the lift opened up onto the spacious atrium, Frond smiled as he felt the artificial rays streaming down from the mechanical ceiling. He could tell that the rays were not the truest form of nourishment, but it would serve for a time. Stepping out of the lift, he slowly spoke again, correcting Sandy gently, ”Frond name my.” he smiled, ”Mind Walker am being” he tapped his chest with a knotted finger against his bark-y chest resulting in a solid Thump. Thump. Thump. Gesturing to the atrium and abstract art around them he smiles with his observation, ”Home youngling for youngling home.”

As the trio walked slowly deeper into the atrium, clearly falling into step with the slow deliberate footfalls of the tree-like being, Frond spoke, it would take far more time than they had to speak of the intricacies of the Mind Walkers much less the Neti as well; but he was never one to shrink away from sharing his knowledge, ”to many, Neti myth, legend. Still,” he spread his hands as they walked to indicate that despite the mythical rumors of his kind, he did exist, here I.” Turning his focus to that of the Mind Walkers he looked at Sandy, ”Je'daii Omenada Sith Mist-Weavers Rhand Sorcerers Terrible Glare much much more from come to walk Beyond Shadows. Seeking truth balance The Force in,” he offered as a means of explaining the eons of time he had spent with the Mind Walkers travelling Beyond Shadows to a realm of nothing but The Force. ”Trylin Ka Jedi my friend teacher much taught,” he referenced the ancient Jedi Master who had long parted ways with the Jedi under unknown circumstances to only wind up with the Mind Walkers; his friend and ‘master’ in a sense as she taught him how to utilize The Force on a fundamental level, embracing its embrace and allowing it to speak to him and guide him. With a sigh like the low moan of wind through the trees, he lowered his head”Beyond journeyed like many. Remain yet I. Maintain The Force does. Time yet come not.”

Pausing as they neared the center of the atrium, Frond realized he did not know where to go from here. His vision had only shown him this great hall. Puzzled he looked at Kel Koon and Sandy, ”Become Je’daii must. Balance restore. The Dark Side grows. Destroys. Balance maintained must I. Mind Walker” he spoke holding out one tendrilled open palm, ”Je’daii,” he held out his other before bringing them together and clasping his hands together in front of him, ”Much learn both from. The Force serve. Balance restoring.”

XQ19Jfm.png

The cold metal of the turbolift that seeped through her bare feet caused a chill to run through her body as she listened to the two Acolytes recount, or at least in Kel Koon’s disposition, of how they got to this planet. When they both finished, Sandy kept silent for a few minutes until they had completed their journey into the inner atrium. A fabulous recreation of the room of a thousand fountains from the old Coruscant temple that had been destroyed over a hundred years before. The room was immensely humid and the large reflective panels shone the bright sunlight from outside down onto the disordered rows of plants and trees. Without hesitation she walked down the stone path until they came to a pond and a patch of tilled dirt that was likely to be used for future planting by the herbalist classes. She walked across the dirt and then stepped foot on the water. She didn’t sink into the cool water but merely walked upon its surface, using the force with careful precision until she reached a rocky outcropping in the centre, there she turned and sat, looking at the two males before her a few footfalls away on the shore of the pond and smiled. She waved her hand dismissively.

“Age does not matter in this Jedi Order. If we only taught babies and toddlers we would miss the other thousands that could be formed into Jedi Knights. And this would allow the Sith to get there first. Tell me of the Baron Do. What did you learn there? What can you bring from them and teach me?”

Her fierce emerald eyes fell back upon Frond. “In time perhaps you can take us on a mind walk beyond the shadows to the font and the pool, though it has been a long time since She has beckoned me there. What can you bring to the Jedi order?” Her voice stopped in her throat for a moment and she cleared it, taking a moment to dip her bare foot into the water, relaxing in its coolness. “The balance is skewed towards the Shadows, and we must all try to right the balance. I can teach you, both of you what I know should you wish it.” The balance was indeed skewed, though she and her masters had done all they could to fight it, it still had pressed ever onwards. Eating world after world, Onderon, Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Scarif. Even Coruscant and Carida the twin bastions of the Galactic Alliance and the Imperial Remnant bore the scars of the Sith and the darkside.

She looked back to the Doran then back to Frond. “If you do not object to learning from someone as young as I.”

Calix Meus Inebrians

Frond felt a surge in the force as the more powerful of his new companions walked daintily across the smooth cool water. Smiling, he watched her for a moment, allowing the gentle flow of the force to wash over him. Looking about at the surrounding flora, he sensed a peace deep in his soul. Despite the artificialness of the sunlight form above, he could get used to this. Amongst the peace of The Force, even overshadowed as it were by the physical world, and the natural beauty of his natural kin, the plants, and the buzzing of small insects as they went about their task of pollinating and guarding his brethren, Frond felt as much at home as he did nestled deep within the wilds of Kashyyyk; yet here, here, he could learn and share equally.

Balance first restored he silently admonished himself.

Frond turned his emotionless face and gentle eyes back to Sandy and offered a slow deliberate creaking smile followed by a slow nod. to show happy Beyond I he thought to himself. In time, he would be willing to take Sandy, Kel, and any others to the truth. She? This human had indeed been Beyond before if she knew of the lady in the mists. One who had some knowledge of the truth. Yes. Frond would be willing to learn from her.

Looking towards Sandy, he squinted, unsure how to cross the water. In truth, he could easily float; but he did not suspect that was the way one should cross. Closing his eyes, he could feel The Force around him; however he had always been taught that The Force was not something to be manipulated by mere mortals. Instead, The Force, he had been led to believe, was there as a guiding presence leading souls unto the truth in its own time. The Force play not. The Force guiding leading the truth. Mortals contend cannot. Dangerous is.” he said, shaking his head. Leaving his feet firmly planted in the soft grass and earth on the near side of the water.

”Balance.” Frond responded with hardly a hesitation when asked what he could bring to the Jedi Order, his tone obviously still slightly disproving of the show of Force. Pausing, he added, almost as an afterthought, his voice slowed and wooden, ”Knowledge. Wisdom. Age.” the final word added after a pause with a twinkle of playfulness coming from the aged wood, his barky face crackling and cracking as he chuckled aloud at his own joke; a whooshing wind that rattled his foliage, his entire body engaging in the brief chuckle.

Composing himself, he pondered the young Jedi’s question, turning it over slowly in his very aline plant-based mind before slowly nodded. Youthfulness and talent. Age and knowledge. Together yes learn. Return.” consenting to be trained by the familiar Jedi before him.

XQ19Jfm.png

"In the simplest terms, you could say that the sages predicted the weather. before we developed machines for that task, the sages were instrumental in preventing casualties in natural disasters. Just this morning I myself predicted a storm would be coming in a day or so. of course with the rise of machinery, the sages developed the ability to peer into the future. because of this they became valuable political advisers and prevented many wars in their time. However when our people joined the republic and came in contact with the Jedi, their numbers dwindled and they faded into obscurity. the knowledge of the force that the Jedi have at their disposal far surpasses that of the sages. All i can offer You lady knight, is my pledge to serve the Jedi to the best of my ability. It would be an honor to undertake your tutelage." The kel doran then clasped his hands together and bowed before the Jedi knight.

Edited by Guest
5V8Toxy.png

They both have seen the force but how do they touch it? She knew little of nature and its cycle of storms except the energy that they put forth that could be used. And she wondered what else the Baron Do did with such power.

She knew that she was a Jedi Knight, but the process of teaching another being or person that was older by a magnitude of several hundreds was still daunting. She gestured to the fountains that fed the pond, gurgling statues of scenes from antiquity, a sabre holding monk, a playful child, all carved from marble or stone, with water pouring from them to feed streams and then the pond itself. “Thank you both for accepting me, though I know that you both have much to teach me from your own force traditions.”

“I do admit to not knowing anything about the Sages of Doran and very little of the force secrets of your people Frond, so we shall start at the beginning, building our base of knowledge of the force together, approaching it in our separate ways and teaching each other. For first we must touch the force.”

As if to accent this, she dipped a finger into the still pond, causing a ripple that sounded out in all directions. “See the flow of the water, how it covers and tides back and forth, flowing with the heartbeat of the planet, even if in an artificial environment like this.” She closed her eyes and took a soft breath.

“Close your eyes and see the force flow around you, then like I do, touch it, accept it, let it flow around you. After you do this, then we can focus on something a little less basic.”

She let the force engulf her like a wave, flowing around her in its forms. It covered everything in the room, and through the force she could see the presences of the two others, as well as the vibrant life that covered the room of fountains. A frog jumped on a lilly a few metres away, and though its mind was primitive and basic, she could sense its intent. Chasing a flitgnat through the underbrush. She expanded her own presence like a bubble to engulf the area, touching the minds of the Acolytes , then beyond them until she found a suitable rock buried in the sandy shore. She let a tendril of her own presence seize upon it, and let the force cover it. It was granite in nature, and though it was not sentient, it held a deep history. Brought here from Ossus a generation before, away from the planet and system of its birth. Upon seizing it with her own presence she lifted it and brought it before her for the next exercise. Placing it before a second rock, both she planted firmly in the brown loamy earth.

((Since both of you have histories that include some degree of experience with the force, please be very descriptive on how you feel the force, how you touch it, how you concentrate on it.))

Calix Meus Inebrians

Though no one could tell for his protective goggles, kel had done as Sarna had instructed and closed his eyes. He then sat on the ground and held out his left hand toward the rock. The kel doran felt the force around him like a gust of wind urging him to continue ever onward. but rather than resisting its push, he imagined he was moving with it. he felt the air surrounding the rock and through it the rock begin to move. the rock floated away from its place in the soil and slowly made its way towards the young Kel Doran's grasp. when it reached the palm of his hand he felt a rush of information flooding into his mind. he could see Ossus as it was many cycles ago. along with the numerous wars that had ravaged the planet nearly to its destruction. the visions had his head reeling and he lost his concentration, dropping the rock.

5V8Toxy.png

Frond smiled as the ripples reached their zenith and faded back into the calm surface before his fellow learner outstretched his hand and for a moment picked up the rock with The Force before it tumbled to the soft earth below. Frond, closed his eyes, feeling the ebb and flow of The Force as his two companions sought to bend it to their will. With his eyes closed, he could feel The Force. He heard whispering as the barely existent breeze rustled the leaves of his body. He could feel the pull over each and every plant, each blade of grass; the moss and algae; the trees; each of them a glimmer in The Force calling out in peace as they grew in the warmth of the artificial sunlight and soil. The air about him buzzed with The Force, alive, more alive than even he, Sandy, or Kel could ever be save for when enveloped in the embrace of The Force. The Force guided his steps, his movements, his existence. Without The Force, Frond was naught but one of the deceived. As he stood in silence, more a tree, than a sapient sentient, The Force passed in, through, around, and out of the Neti. The Force was with him and he was but an extension of The Force, bound to its will. As he opened himself up even more to The Force, he could feel it expanding; first the plants and the water and his fellow Force users, then the entire atrium; next the temple; then beyond. Yes, beyond. He could feel the strong life forces of the plants, the creatures, the natives outside the temple as they moved about their lives. Joy. Pain. Hunger. Exhaustion. Life. He could feel their life. The life The Force breathed into and through each of them, from the peacefully fluttering butterfly to the hungering Pitcher plants to the mighty Rancor giving chase to the fearful Felucian; he felt them as if they were there close enough to reach out and touch. Master Ka had taught him how to feel with The Force; but it had been many years since he had sat and peacefully meditated reaching out beyond his immediate surroundings.

Frond had initially been trained, after all, by a former Jedi in ways to access The Force; however, in his training as a Mind Walker, he had been led to believe that The Force was far greater than he or any who were blessed to be touched by The Force. Who were they that they would try to bend such a might as The Force to their will? Instead, he and all others ought to open themselves up to The Force, let it guide them and use them to its own ends. It was through attempting to manipulate it, that the balance was undone.

Slowly opening his eyes, careful to allow The Force to continue to flow though him he spoke, slowly; even more slowly than he usually did, Ripples The Force see you. I, we The Force between the ripples stillness in. Ripples guided even The Force between,” explaining what he knew of The Force with the analogy before them.

Bending forward he picked up the stone before him without bothering to open his eyes. Unlike his fellow student who had bent The Force to do so, Frond physically picked it up. ”The Force guides. Solution simplest sometimes best. The Force way. Not to twist. Enslave not try. Ruler then is The Force. The Force. Truth.” He spoke, trying his best to explain his views of The Force. Yes, he had come to learn; but Sandy had said that they would teach one another didn’t she?

As silence fell between them again, Frond felt The Force in the rock, peaceful in its mere existence. Running his thumbs over the smooth practically poreless surface; he could feel its connection to the earth, his kin; but also to the plants, the animals, the Temple – built of his brothers only recently. Shaped and formed by beings, guided by The Force. Still, the stone was here for a purpose. In time, both it and he, Frond, would know it should The Force will it.

XQ19Jfm.png

"Aw, druk. I thought I was close to. I guess even rocks have things they don't want dug up." Kel lamented. in hindsight Kel thought he had tried to much to soon. he believed that a desire for knowledge was all well and good. but he had to start pacing himself if he wanted to avoid making mistakes like that again.

5V8Toxy.png

Well at least they know what comes next. She wasn’t irritated that the two of them couldn’t help but forge ahead past her directions to the next task without hesitation. It showed good work ethic, and that was good in a jedi, but what would have Adenna done if she had just ignored directions like that? Probably a swift condemnation and a wrap on the knuckles. She loved her former master, but she did not desire to strive to be like her. They had seen her move the rocks after all it wasn’t like they just had done it out of rebellion or something.

She let her smile play across her scarred face and she gestured to the stones, both of which flew to her outstretched palms. Leaving the dark remains of dirt on her fingertips.

“You both did well in your own ways, I appreciate your ambition in attempting the task Kel, and your acknowledgement that it was simply simpler to pick it up Frond. I can feel the both of you are trying very hard. THe ripples in the force when manipulated or encouraged can form waves that can move even the largest mountains. But for now we will concentrate on the little. Using the force to take these from my hands and float them back to your own hands.”

She extended her presence again to the two beings before her and let calm reassurance flow through the force to touch the two of them. It was ok to take a long time, to fail, to try again.

Her voice was soft, nearly drowned out by the gurgling of the fountains. “Let the force flow through you, gather it, then reach out. Touch the stone, embrace it, then bring it gently across.”

Calix Meus Inebrians

Simple? Yes. Right?

”Manipulate not unseen powers. Unseen consequences,” Frond spoke, slow and deliberate; unsure if his explanation on the dangerous of Force manipulation had been understood or not. Still, Je’daii training. Learn. Balance return dark from.” he pondered as he returned his focus to the task at hand. Closing his eyes, Frond reached out. He could feel The Force. It was flowing through the trees swaying in the unseen breeze, the grass beneath his and his fellows’ feet, the insects buzzing from flower to flower, the water rippling gently against the shore, the rocks; the rocks in the earth, nestled safely in their cool dark dens, the rocks in Sandy’s hands longing to return to the earth, to lend their strength to that which needed them. Releasing a breath of carbon dioxide from every pore in his wooden form he felt The Force radiating out of him, out of Sandy, hovering around Kel, but mostly, he felt The Force in its purest form in the air, the plants, the water, the rocks, the world all around them-they did not have an agenda. They let The Force simply be, flowing in them, around them, and through them living to the beat of its will.

Rock. Focus must I he reminded himself as he lost himself in the mesmerizing waves and stills of The Force. Bringing his mind back to focus on the rock held in his teacher’s hand, he concentrated. He could feel the rock. It was older than even he, formed eons ago deep within the crust of Felucia. The Force was in the rock, just as it was within him and everything around them. Sandy wanted him to task The Force, to bring the rock to him. Focus. he concentrated, the rock visible within his mind. Call rock. If that was the will of The Force. Frond still could not bring himself to even try to bend The Force to his measly will. No, The Force must will the rock to him. If it was the will of The Force, the rock would come to Frond. Feeling the rock within his mind, simple, smooth, ancient.

His black glistening leaves rustled as he inhaled; putting out every thought but the rock and The Force. Rock. Force. Force. Rock. Rock. Force will will. As he concentrated, he could feel the stone in Sandy’s hand, shifting in her hand a slow rumble of power as The Force willed the rock to travel freely. The Force swirled about them all, shimmering as it settled on the connection between Frond and the rock; but still, he could feel the world around him. The Force was alive and seemed to be smiling on Frond.

…Exhale...

…Inhale…

…And pull… Frond felt the stone, The Force, the air between them. It was almost electric as it pulled on Frond and the rock, drawing power from the grass, air, water and trees.

Suddenly the rock was hurtling through the air at breakneck speeds directly towards the Neti.

Th’wack!! the stone hurtled right into Frond’s bowed head with the thud of stone on wood and from there, Frond toppled over into the grass. Opening his eyes, Frond groaned as he slowly sat back up, the stone lying next to him. Reaching down, he picked it up and held it out towards Sandy, his face cracking into a smile as he felt The Force swirling around them all. ”The Force as it wills.”

XQ19Jfm.png

Kel stifled his amusement at frond's display. Normally he would laugh and come up with some witty remark. But given the results of his earlier attempt and Frond's attempt at giving advice, cryptic as it was. He returned his attention to the task at hand. 'this is very different from predicting the weather. I need to stop thinking like a sage, and start thinking like a Jedi.' Kel began concentrating on the force again. He expanded his presence beyond the air. he could feel the ground beneath him, the water that Sarna had crossed earlier. he felt Sarna an the rock in her hand. 'the force isn't a tool to be used. i am a conduit through which it flows.' and so the rock levitated from the blonde Jedi's hand and in to his own.

5V8Toxy.png

Sandy sat with her eyes closed, letting her force presence evelop the group, listening to the little ripples in the force as each person touched the force and used it. It surrounded Sandy and then it was pulled and jostled all around her. Not from her apprentices, but from the departure of a great many Jedi and their Antarian Rangers in the fleet above. As the great ships jumped away into hyperspace she could feel their apprehension and Sandy could not help but feel it to. War was coming to the galaxy and the Jedi were at last joining the fight. Her heart lept with the idea of joining them in the battle but she knew it was not yet her fate. And so she returned to her concentration, hoping that those jedi would live to return to this world.

Returning her gaze to the two apprentices she smiled, though her heart did not. “You both did well.” She extended her presence again in two tendrils to retrieve the rocks from the two of them, letting them hover back until they were over the water, where they dropped slowly beneath the surface. “Frond, I think perhaps some more practice on this might be good, I appreciate your willingness to go against your instincts with the force and use it to flow with your own will, and though the Sith bend and break the force to their will, we can still touch and use it without breaking its will.” She pulled two things from her belt and placed them before her on the rocky surface. The first was a lightsabre made of the stony tooth of a mighty sith battle dog, the next was a frail dagger made of glass, sharper and more deadly than many metals, it had been forged by the Sith and molecularly sharpened. Two trophies as it were from her defeat of the Sith Lord Karys. They were wicked things to behold.

“These are two weaponsI took from a Sith Lord on Nal Hutta.” She held up a hand to forestall any protest. “I have exorcised them of whatever demons they hold, but they still hold memories, and these when explored can tempt towards power. Frond and Kel, I want you to extend your presences towards these objects, touch them, envelop them, read them, and finally look past the surface to the memories held there. These were tools of violence, and the memories are likely not kind. However as a Jedi Knight, you will encounter these types of things on the regular. Explore them and if you feel the pull of the darkside immediately withdraw your presence from them, I can assist you if you struggle. And finally when you have completely familiarized yourself with the object, levitate it using the force.”

((Sorry for the long description but what I want you to do here is a type of flow walking that I find useful for descriptions. Frond, take the Lightsabre, Kel, take the Parang. Read this duel between myself and Karys. Sandy has excorcised these objects and has in turn put a large degree of herself into them. When exploring them with the force the memories you should be able to see are flashes of the duel, feelings, thoughts. Describe what you see in detail in your narrative. Your thoughts on the sith, the encounter, Sandy herself. This should take some time and paragraphs. As well as give you at least a glimpse of Sandy, and the Enemy. Then make the weapons float.))

Calix Meus Inebrians

Kel koon once again extended his left hand towards the object he was attempting to probe with the force. The sycthe like design of the Parang was similar to that of a farming tool, but it had since been modified for the purpose of flying through the air and returning to its wielder like a boomerang. Despite being a weapon used by the Sith, he had to admire the simplicity, effectiveness, and utility of the design. Kel's presence surrounded the weapon like the air that it so desperately wished to soar through once again. The weapon had not seen use since leaving the service of its former master. With a bit more coaxing via the force on Kel's part, the parang yielded the information it held.

The visions took him to the swamp world of Nal Hutta. the Parang, in possession of its former crimson skinned, Massassi master. Sarna ignited her light sabre and it emitted a bright white light. She made the first attack against the sith lord by sending a large amount of debris at her opponent. the sith lord leapt into the air to dodge and ignited his red light sabre. the sith then used the same telekinetic ability that she had used as if to mock her and provide a make shift defense against the glass shards in the ground. Despite this, several shards still pierced through his armor and into his body. The Sith seemed to relish in the pain and his assault while complaining of her rudeness in attacking him unprovoked. Though the Sith admitted his only reason for coming to this planet was in order to kill a Jedi for his master.

Upon hearing this, Sarna laughed at the Sith lord's logic. Kel had to agree with Sarna. If she hadn't attacked first, then surely the Sith lord would have. the Sith lord then blasted Sarna with a concussive force blast that sent her flying. The attack had no doubt caused massive trauma and broke a few bones from the way she screamed out in pain. In additition she lost a number of items on her person, including a vibrobayonet. When she got up she returned the favor by using the force to have the glass shards stuck in his armor and body to drive them deeper inside hoping o wear him down with the pain they would cause.

The Sith lord's bright yellow eyes changed to a the same deep black color as the blood that was oozing from his wounds. He laughed at the pain Sarna's tactic had caused and how inferior it was compared to what he had already experienced. then he started spouting rhetoric about how the galaxy was corrupt and that he and Sith would cut out the rot and bring about change with their empire. As the battle between the two of them reached it's peak, Sarna used the force to retrieve the discarded bayonet in a last ditch effort to defeat her opponent which thankfully paid off. the sith lord was then knocked out by a swift kick from Sarna.

When the vision ended, Kel used the force to lift the Parang as Sarna had instructed. "And people back home called me crazy. Your injuries from that fight were severe. was that the reason you wound up here?" Kel asked.

5V8Toxy.png

Frond smiled as the rock in his hands floated gently out of his hands. He felt The Force gently tugging it; the connection between the stone and Sandy practically electrified as the stone obeyed her will. The Force bowing to her command.

The unseen departing ships with their retinues of warriors, peace keepers, and protectors rumbled in the distance; far enough above ground that they could not hear it within the temple. Frond heard it though, a whispering in The Force as the plants and animals above whispered back and forth of the departing presences; these whispers transcending the stone and earth between them until the departing forces were gone and life above resumed as normal; as if nothing had ever disturbed it.

Turning his focus back to Sandy, nodding his head silently at her explanation, thinking silently; the line veiled thin when controlled The Force. Bend. Use. Break. Touch….touched be. Used am. Bent to. Broken to serve wholly.

Sneaking a glance at Kel, he saw his fellow learner extending his hand. Unsure, exactly what to do, but assuming it was an extension of the last exercise, Frond closed his eyes and did the same. He extended both arms towards the lightsaber hilt, palms extended outward. The Force trickled outward from Frond connecting the Neti to the grass beneath him and the plants around him, he could feel the presences of both Sandy across the water and Kel next to him, their Force signatures intertwining as one. They all desired the same thing in the moment. He could feel The Force as water trickled down nearby from the countless fountains scattered about the massive room. The Fore was in the sunlight as it warmed them from above and nourished his body, mind, and soul. Feeling the connections all around him, Frond allowed The Force to pass from them through him, their pureness of nature passing through his form as he reached out with his heart and mind towards the wicked looking artifact across the waters from him, searching out for the anomaly that was the Sith artifact. Where The Force that flowed through the plants and world around them was pure and natural, neither dark nor light, it simply was; and The Force echoed with goodness from both Kel and Sandy and hints from other unseen practitioners of the light throughout the temple; The Force signature of the hilt was easy to find. It was an odd mixture of sorts. In it, he could feel the presence of Sandy, not as she was now, but how he had felt her before, long, long ago; Exhausted. Pain. Peace. He also could feel something else, twinges of darkness and power and fear.

The Force flowed through Frond as he turned the hilt over and over in his mind, probing it, seeking entry into the secrets it held. The Hilt. It was made of the tooth of a fearsome predator, one made by extreme manipulation of The Force. The very essence of the thing was bathed in searing darkness. Still, he could find no crack with which to peer into the visions that Sandy claimed were held within. Truth be told, Frond was not all that sure such an item could hold the memories of anything. The Force was all. Truth was The Force; this problem, merely an illusion. Feeling The Force that bound him to the grass and plants and water Frond extended it further, feeling the bond between him and the hilt, tinged by the faintest hints of darkness.

Levitate. Yes. Try must. Perhaps the second portion of the task would bring clarity to the first. Inhaling, his leaves rustled slightly, focusing on trying to raise the item into the air. He could feel The Force as it began to swirl between him and the saber. Clearly Kel had managed to succeed as Frond could hear him speaking of the pain that Sandy must have experienced.

”Gently,” he warned himself with a whisper; intent on not repeating his mistake again. Slowing his plant-based mind, Frond could feel every molecule as it pulsed with concentration. ”Up raise. Careful.” As The connection between Frond and the weapon strengthened Frond attempted to ever so lightly prod the animal-based weapon off of the rocky ground and into the air. Frond felt it, a surge in The Force as it flowed from the plants and world around him, through his form and out through his outstretched hands towards the saber. In an instant the lightsaber was sailing upwards high into the air, tumbling end over end, the force of Frond’s attempt wild and strong.

Opening his eyes, Frond looked up and groaned as a tree struggling under an icy load during the last winter’s days. As his eyes locked onto the weapon hurtling upwards through the air, suddenly Frond was overcome. Instead of seeing the saber, he was above a rocky strewn battlefield. ”Death.” he could smell it in the air. There before him was his teacher, Sandy and a hulking dark red skinned brute in animal skin armor. The tension was obvious. Two sides of The Force bent and seeking balance within.

The scenes played out like a film of yore, tickering away with flashes and jumps. Suddenly the two were clashing together sabers ignited and the battle played out scene flashed by disconjointed scene. The emotions were clear and raw. Frond could feel the sense of fear trickle down Sandy’s brow. ”Fear.” before it was replaced as she centered herself, ”calm.”

”Sadness.”

”Focus.”

The battle played out, some scenes following one another in chronological order, others interjected at random; and all the while the blade tumbled through the air, rolling end over end towards the stationary tree-being. As it tumbled closer and closer, Frond reached up, his left tendril-like hand catching the blade. In that instant Frond’s mind practically exploded. Where he had felt Sandy’s emotions from the battle, he now was overcome with a roaring tide of darkness. Anger, hatred, rage, and loathing coursed through Frond’s mind as the emotions of the blade’s former master seeped out from the very essence of the weapon itself. Purified as it was, it still held the darkness of its very being. Not made of just crystal and metal, the tooth held the darkness from which it was formed. Darkness that had seeped into it and become a very part of it.

With a cry of rage and anger escaping from his open mouth in a whoosh of rustling leaves and branches that sent several blackened leaves twirling and racing downwards towards the still water below, Frond ignited the saber, the blade shooting out backwards from the bottom of his hand. With wild passion in his eyes, Frond looked to Sandy, even as somewhere deep within stirred something that had been ingrained there thousands of years before. Balance. In a flash, Frond was again looking over the devastation of Kashyyyk, the dark side pulsing with a sick twisted joy at the destruction. In an instant, Frond felt the suffering and destruction as thousands of lives were cast from the mortal shadow into the truth of The Force.

”Enough,” the tree hissed, as he cast the blade towards the ground. The red glow of the blade extinguishing as it left his hand and clattered to the soft soil at his feet.

Closing his eyes, Frond inhaled deeply, seeking the inner peace that he knew The Force could provide. ”There is nothing to fear from the darkness, just as there is no fear of the light. Together, light and dark, life and death, all are part of The Force and balance between the two is what The Force desires and will seek out. We are but servants of this.” the words of his old teacher echoed in his head as he allowed the peace of The Force to flow through him. The grass, the water, the tress, the air, the light; their pureness swirling into and through him restoring the balance of his soul and restoring a sense of peace.

After several moments of concentration, Frond opened his eyes to look at his comrades. Making eye contact with sandy he spoke, ”Failed I think have.”

”Dark side coming. Destroying. Between dark light balance must be.”

XQ19Jfm.png

“Injuries heal given enough time, even the visceral pain inflicted in my youth has begun to heal. It just takes a bit of work is all.” Sandy said as she turned from Kel to watch the progress of Frond. He seemed to struggle, fighting through his base instinct to not manipulate the force until the sabre flew into his grasp. Sandy’s breath caught in her throat and she sprang to the other side of the small pond in time for her to grab the lightsabre in his hand and stop it from igniting into his own wooden flesh. The dark side pulsed through the room of a thousand fountains like a wave. Stopping the croaking frogs and nearly muting the trickling of water below its heavy hand. She knew she had likely just screamed ‘Kriff’ at the top of her lungs, but this was now a very dangerous situation.

Her hand held the emitter side of the handle and kept it pointed away from any danger as she let the force bathe the two of the them. Her mouth moved, the words silent to the outside world but pouring through the force to the two apprentices. As Frond thrashed and yelled in anger she held his hand tight. Letting the force move between them.

It’s all right

Peace

Calm

Tranquility

Balance

Justice

This is the road of the Jedi Order. It is long and arduous but will restore the balance.

The sabre fell to the ground and lay there, no longer a beacon of the darkside, but a simple tool, discarded and useless. She stepped back and let her feet bath in the coolness of the water behind her. She opened her eyes and looked into the ancient eyes of the Mind Walker. She did not necessarily agree with his idea of pure neutrality, it was not the way she had been taught by her masters, or seen in the company of the Knights of the Empire.

“You have not failed Frond, the darkness is our enemy and we must all rise to fight it, as a flame to illuminate the darkness. You see the danger of the Sith and their allies, the destruction they caste about them. It is our duty as Jedi to stop them. And when you have learned to find your true balance and cannot be easily swayed by the influence of Evil, we will fight it together. For now, however, let us rest for a moment and meditate.”

She sat down in the water, letting it flow up to her stomach, the icy cold current testing her mind against the distractions of her skin. “Close your eyes and sit with me, meditate on what you saw, find your centre, then when you are ready we will start a new task.”

Calix Meus Inebrians

As Kel watched frond struggle with the lightsabre, he began to worry that the neti would make the mistake that Kel himself had made previously with the rock exercise. his suspicions proved to be worse than he had feared when frond cried out in rage and ignited the sabre. Kel began to panic at the site of the normally calm Frond losing any semblance of control. Thankfully Sarna had made it in time to retrieve the light sabre from frond's hand before any serious harm was caused. Then Kel felt Sarna's presence in the force enveloping the both of them. the knight her self didn't say anything, but He could feel her reassuring them, like a parent comforting a frightened child. when frond seemed to have calmed down, he dropped the light sabre and it fell to the ground.

Frond feared he had failed, but Sarna said that he had not. she spoke about the darkness being our enemy and how it was our duty as Jedi to fight against it and the Sith. After witnessing the Sith's brutality in his vision of Sarna's battle, he Shuddered at the thought of leaving them unchecked. Kel believed that the Sith would only cause further imbalance if they were left to their own devices. and after seeing how the darkside had affected Frond, he made a silent vow that he would not allow himself or anyone he knew, to succumb to its wicked grasp.

"I don't know if this helps Frond, but when I tried to lift the rock again, I thought to myself, that i had to stop thinking like a sage, and start thinking like a Jedi. I don't know if this could apply to you being a mind walker and all, But you only fail if you stop trying. Does that make any sense?" Kel asked.

5V8Toxy.png

Frond nodded at what Sandy had to say. He had allowed himself to become unbalanced. He had not been prepared for the surge of darkness. ”Right you. Darkness fought be must. Sith enemies not. Misguided are they. Jedi as just misguided times are. Destruction from comes unbalance.” Stepping into the cool water to allow his root-like feet to drink in the nutrient rich waters, ”balance in all. Balance be must.” He smiled at Sandy, ”Thank you.” he added in acknowledgement of her quick actions to help him when he had become unbalanced by the sudden surge of the very darkness he was seeking to balance. Darkness strong. Manipulated for destruction. Balance must.

Closing his eyes, Frond allowed The Force to swirl around him, allowing himself, as he had countless times in the past to be consumed in its unending flow while simultaneously morphing from humanoid to tree with a warm electric yellow glow. Standing there as any tree in the shallows, roughly 10 feet tall, his black glistening leaves branching out to provide shade for his two comrades, Frond sighed, the sound of wind lightly rustling his branches. He could feel them, his comrades, the plants, the water, the air, the temple with its Force imbued halls. Beyond he could feel the outside, the air as it warmed in the sun, the plants as they grew at peace with all around them, the creatures as they stalked the undergrowth, the light side of the force strong and radiant, and the dark side lurking just beneath the surface of the planet aching for release but contained within the balance of the planet. Hearing his brother-learner’s voice, Frond smiled inwardly (not having a face at the moment). Baran Do. Jedi like limited view in The Force. The Force closer to. The Force guides. Je’daii balance active seekers.

As he felt The Force flowing between them all, just as the water lapped at his trunk, Frond sought Kel out, feeling the connection between them, through that link he attempted to whisper a simple ”Thank you friend.” though he did not know if his brother could feel his gratitude for his concern and counsel. He had always liked the Baran Do sages.

Creaking as he spread his leaves to the artificial sunlight above, Frond allowed himself to be completely immersed in the waves of The Force. Enveloping himself in its soft embrace as he allowed the scenes he had witnessed from within the saber to play one by one through his head. He allowed the emotions to tug at him, but held fast to the balance that was the strong Force presence of the planet itself, light and dark, as he analyzed them. Joined Jedi. Restore balance must. he contemplated as he watched the destruction and rage of the Sith as Sandy’s pyre of light sought to balance the darkness of the hideous Massassi warrior’s darkness.

XQ19Jfm.png

As the tripartite alliance of the Jedi order, the Galactic Alliance, and the Imperial Remnant ventured into fierce battle over the distant worlds of Onderon, Kashyyyk, and Bespin, Sandy sat in silence with two apprentices. As they threw their harsh light against the Sith and their corrupt allies of pirates and thieves, Sandy sat, all too aware that her heart yearned to be out in the midst of battle. Bringing her sabre to bear on the Sith. But the young needed a guiding hand and there were very few jedi left. She let out a sigh from the bottom of her lungs, releasing the pent in frustration and the old air from her lungs. She took a deep breath through her nose, filling her lungs and reached out again with the force.

Extending her presence was nearly second nature now but she still felt a little irritation at her tree like apprentice prickle at the back of her mind. Why couldn’t he just understand that the Sith were the enemies and accept that? They had bloody well already left half the galaxy on fire!

Another breath. Peace. Calm. Tranquility. The way of the Jedi. Not the ever aggressive Imperial Knight that you desire to be. But it is time to see how they do with balance in combat.

She expanded her presence to the rest of the room until she found a simple wooden rack tucked near a corner of a fountain. She grasped two of the pommels that hun there with the force and pulled them free with the force. Two silver handles, one a hand and a half long and one built like hers with a very long handle she levitated back towards the three of them. She placed the long sabre handle before Frond and the shorter one before Kel.

“These are training sabres. They will burn but not kill, ignite them and keep your eyes away from the emitting disk.” She laughed and stood, striding over to the two of them. “We will practise in a moment but for now I want you to feel the weight of it, and familiarize yourself with it. These are not weapons of war, but of balance. When you eventually build your own you should never misuse it to enact revenge or strike down a defenseless foe.”

((Now describe in detail your training sabre, the rust on the hilt, the weight in the pal, the scratches or lack thereof. Then give me your characters reactions to handling one and its weird missbalance of a weightless blade.))

Calix Meus Inebrians

Frond stood a tree, his leaves rustling in the slight wind that whispered above the heads of his comrades, studying the images that had already placed through his head; taking time to try to understand each as it played by as if in slow motion. Now that the images were not rushing him like a deluge, Frond was able to sense the darkness of The Force in the Massassi contrasted by the burning white beacon of light that was Sandy’s presence in The Force. As he watched the bits of battle play out, Frond knew that The Force was even then seeking to balance itself and Sandy, a servant of the light, was seeking to return the balance and in doing so had emerged victorious. The only problem, Frond observed with confusion, was that Sandy had let the beacon of darkness live. The Force balance seeks. Equilibrium returned, must be. Killed Sith should be. he thought, before he was pulled away from his musings by the tugging of The Force as two aged saber hilts flew through the air to Sandy. For a moment, Frond thought he felt a twinge in the ripplings of The Force as it flowed through Sandy; but it was not his place to question it. The Force would guide her as it guides him.

As the Jedi placed the longer saber hilt on the ground before his trunk, Frond observed the aged metallic cylindrical item. Without eyes, he was left relying on his other plant-based senses and The Force. The saber was grayed and chipped along the rounded pommel, a veteran of many a combat; not all in the realm of training he sensed and not all having ended in victory for its wielder. The item was almost completely cylindrical, save for some ribbed rubberized grips that had long since dried and cracked and a dive towards the head of the weapon before it expanded out to where the blade of the famed Jedi weapon would appear. Ultrachrome, he could tell. The weapon was old. Much older than his comrades next to him or even the temple itself that they were in. Frond was not sure that the weapon was older than he was; but he could tell that it had always been a weapon of the Jedi. The darkness of the last blade he had held was missing from this used weapon.

With a swirl of yellow electricity, Frond’s treelike form twisted and shifted until it had morphed back into his humanoid form, this time standing nearly eight feet tall. With the hilt lying at his feet, Frond looked to Sandy, He could not help but wonder what she thought of him and his foreign ways. Oddest apprentice surely I am he mused, considering his age, plant-based state of being, and history with the reclusive Mind Walkers. Shame is it see cannot truth I as he shook his head as he sadly looked into her eyes before looking down at the lightsaber and slowly bending over with the creaking of his wooden frame to scoop it up.

As large as the hilt was, it fit well in his oversized tendrilled hands; still leaving room for him to place both hands upon it, if not slightly more. Someone else for, he pondered as he hefted the weighty piece of metal from one hand to another, slowly spinning it around from the front of his hand, over the back before grabbing ahold of it again. A glimmer of something began to shimmer deep within Frond; something he had not felt in a long time: joy. He was enjoying the dull gray bit of metal as it twirled about from hand to hand. Frond allowed The Force to flow through him, drawing from the surrounding greenery through him, connecting him and the wizened weapon and the crystal within.

“Crystal. Heartbeat The Force is.” He spoke as he stopped spinning the deactivated weapon and looked from Kel to Sandy as he spoke about what he was feeling unable to help but smile, “Balance The Force seeking crystal by.” Activating the lightsaber, he held the blade straight up in front of him, so that it stood mere inches from his face, a shimmering blue glow that bathed his face in its eerie light.

As the blade sprung to life, as if willed by the very Force itself, Frond was startled. Growing in size he instinctively was prepared for the weight to increase as well; but it did not. The blade weighed no more than the hilt had before. Rolling his fingers over the hilt, he felt the cracked worn rubberized grips crinkling beneath his strong tendrilled appendages. Carefully he moved the blade dropping the tip of the blade to his right, away from both his comrades. It dropped easily, the customary VVVVOOOO sound following it as it moved.

The energy hummed, vibrating to a point where Frond felt as if he could hear The Force as it soothingly whispered about the balance it sought to return to not only this physical realm of deception but to all.

”In balance with chaos and harmony. Immortal in The Force.” The words of the ancient Je’daii code forming on Frond’s wooden lips as he recited a small portion of the ancient Je’daii Code in a way that did not cause those he spoke with to squint and try and decipher the cryptic ramblings of his strange plat-based mind.

Frond smiled, he felt a strange comfort with the blade ignited in his hand. He was unsure what exactly to do with it or how to use it effectively; but somehow, given his years of meditation and inaction, the blade gave him a new sense of purpose. He was a servant of The Force and The Force seemed to guide him to restoring balance. Balance with a blade to cut away the excess of the dark side that was being forced out of its natural place.

Scrunching up what would have been an eyebrow if he had one, he looked at Sandy, somewhat confused, ”Jedi and Mind Walker warrior?” he queried the confusion playing in his voice, ”Balance violence through?” The thought troubled him. It was a new concept, especially for one who had spent so many lifetimes avoiding any sort of combat and allowing The Force to do as it willed. Even as the confusion caused him to wonder, The Force, pure and simple flowed to him, an invisible comforting blanket of warmth and life from the flora all around them.

XQ19Jfm.png

Kel watched as frond had yet again turned himself into a tree. perhaps he felt closest to the force while he was in that form? Still, he felt that the Neti had found his balance along with something else. Gratitude? Perhaps Frond had taken his words to heart. Kel felt at ease believing that he had helped his fellow disciple even if it was only in a small way.

Sarna used the force to levitate two light sabre hilts into her hand she explained that they were training sabres and warned us not to look directly at the emitter likely to keep us from blinding ourselves. she handed kel the shorter of the two sabres. the hand and a half long hilt rested in Kel's four fingered hand. the weight of the sabre was heavier than the parang he had examined earlier. if he were to compare it to something else it was roughly the same weight as some of the tools he used to maintain his ship. the metallic surface of the hilt felt comfortably familiar to him. he could feel the numerous auras of the jedi that had used it in the past. the hilt had significantly less scratches on it than the one that was handed to Frond. since the sabre was shorter and likely wielded with one hand, the chances of hitting it were likely less than the chances of hitting Frond's longer hilt. he pressed a button on the sabre and a bright green blade sprouted from the emitter. the blade was roughly three and a half feet in length but, he felt no weight from it at all. not even a kick from the hilt like a blaster would when it was fired. the glow that the sabre reflected off of his goggles as he stared at it. the hum that the sabre gave off felt pleasing to his ears like the hum of his ships engines. the hum grew louder as he moved it along with the hilt in his hand.

When he saw frond ignite his own light sabre he saw that the neti was much calmer this time and equally fascinated with the light sabre as Kel was. Frond then looked to Sarna confused as to how he could bring balance to the force through violence. So Kel offered his advice to frond again. "A weapon is more than a tool to inflict violence. it can also be used to defend one's self and those around them. if we are to combat the Sith, We must be able to protect ourselves so that we may protect the balance that they wish to destroy. So what say you Frond? care to go a few rounds with Crazy Kel?"

5V8Toxy.png

A smile at Kel’s words tugged at the corner of Sandy’s thin lips.

“Yes.” Her voice was soft, but carried far through the thick air between them. “If the Sith, Karys, I had been fighting had not slipped and knocked himself out I would have gladly slew him, and thereby saved myself and many of the imperial troops I was with. I would have enjoyed it as well. Though enjoying killing enemies is not something any of us should aspire to.” She looked at Frond, her green eyes boring into his trunk, but there was no emotion in her voice. As if she had already made up her mind and would not be dissuaded, even by a being with thousands of years of knowledge.. “Violence is the way of nature is it not? Though it sometimes naturally finds balance, without intervention a beast can run rampant, overfeeding and starving itself in the process. These Sith are violence and murder incarnate, lusting after suffering, they hunt for the pleasure of it, not to survive. Before we can even start to find balance they first must be cut from the vine of life from which they feed.”

She remembered the sickening hunger that she had felt at Onderon. The maw, devouring all before it, the lure and lust of the darkside. World eaters.

“I would kill every one of them that didn’t turn away from darkness if I could, and though it would be out of balance, I think the galaxy would be better for it.” She let out a laugh and sprang up beside the two of them. She indicated the two sabres with a sweep of her scarred hand.

“Now take those and test yourselves in combat against each other. You are beginners and it will be hard but this is how I learned. Not long dumb classes of swinging against nothing, real applicable training. Hold it in both hands, test a strike or two against the air, then against each other. After you get a feel for the blade we can start learning techniques.”

Calix Meus Inebrians

Frond could not help but smile at Sandy’s retort. ”Truth. Rancor mighty and Reesa deadly. Balanced The Force by. The Force all guides balance towarding.” he agreed as he nodded, turning to look at Kel.

”Mind Walker….been have. Violence way of not. Jedi….becoming still. Violence of means balance The Force in.” He smiled at Kel. As he spoke, Frond planted his rooted stump-like feet squarely apart at shoulder length in front of his newfound comrade, looking down on the Kel Dorian, ”Darkness light rebalanced.” Instead of hoisting the blade aloft, he grasped it firmly between his two large tendrilled hands and held it nearly perpendicular to the ground at Kel’s chest level, the blue blade pulsing with every minor movement.

With a smile at Kel, he inhaled deeply, allowing The Force to flow through him through the invisible spiraling arms of The Living Force. The rocks, the water, the air, and plants all extending their sightless senses in The Force about them, perfectly balanced between light and dark, speaking on levels deeper than words could communicate to their fauna-based brother as he stood, a sentinel. All one needed to do was listen and The Force would guide them. After all, had it not guided him to Kashyyyk centuries ago? And only recently had The Force not taken him, by way of the Jedi, away from his home amongst the towering Worshyr trees just before the world was ravaged and lead him here? The Force guides to balance

Frond’s wooded muscles were taut like a coiled vine waiting to bounce back and forth at the guidance of the wind; moved by his environment but grounded by their roots just as Frond was grounded by The Force. ”Balance found to be. Sith creating now misbalance. Redeem or destroy must I we until returned balance.” he continued his voice slow and deliberate in his plant-like way, unmovable as the tallest Worshyr trees of Kashyyyk before, without warning, he hefted the saber into the air and swung it downwards with the power of a lichen splitting duracrete and the speed of a charging Krayt Dragon.

The move was strange for one who had barely ever brandished a weapon, much less a weapon as strange as the one he now wielded. The weightlessness of the blade caused Frond to somewhat overestimate his strike, drawing it back just before he slammed the tip of the blade into the ground. Still though, there was something about the blade, the lightsaber, the crystal. He could feel it in The Force as it if called to him. That could be the only reason that he had avoided digging the blue glowing plasma into the green grass at his feet. The blade, while foreign to him, pulsated through The Force like that of a friend long-lost and Frond could sense it, no, he could feel it. The blade was his and he was the blade. The worn metal in his hand bonded through The Force to his wooded viney appendages. Even as he felt like a bumbling youngling with the weapon, Frond felt a strange sense of serene peace, one that he had not felt except when he was travelling Beyond Shadows. It was a peace that, in the moment, pushed out the innate sadness Frond constantly felt for his many Force-imbued kin and gave him a sense of hope; hope that he could accomplish the will of The Force.

Drawing the blade back up, Frond held it again in front of him, the blade pointed towards the chest of the Kel Dor.

XQ19Jfm.png