Kashyyyk

RaveN

Kerriwarr listened attentively as the Jedi elaborated, enamored by the prospects of her words. He had always hailed the Jedi as heroes. Paragons of virtue and righteousness in a world of bleak and malevolent terrors. He considered what she said, taking all into account as he considered the possibilities, and delved deeper into his curiosities. He continued to prune the Shyyyo bird, almost instinctively, as he fell into such deep thought, musing upon the various aspects of such a change in his life, its benefits, its duties, and its creed. Such a decision which now weighed upon him was a focal point in his path, like a great divergence in a winding river. After a long moment of introspection, he stepped forward, walking down a new path.

"If it is indeed as you say, and I have come to possess this great gift, I would deem it my responsibility to undertake your ways, as it seems the Force ordained our meeting for this explicit purpose. It would be a great honor to learn your ways, Master Jedi."

The Wookiee's hands fell to his side as he turned, facing the Zabrak and bowing his head, the chiseled stone and wooden braids in his chestnut fur clacking together as the motion disturbed them from their natural resting place.

• 2 weeks later...

Kadi grinned widely- she couldn't help herself. It faded quickly, however, as she realized the weight of what she had just done. Was it right to take him from his people, from his culture? To enlist him in what was essentially a war against Darkness itself? He needed training in the Force, but was inducting him into the Jedi really the only way to go about it? Had she robbed Kashyyyk of one of it's few protectors? Or had she done what she had to, to make sure the Sith would never have a foothold on the galaxy again, to make sure that no village was ever senselessly massacred again throughout the galaxy, not just on Kashyyyk? She'd have to talk to Eisa about it. In the mean time, there was work to do.

"If you're willing to learn the ways of the Force, then the Jedi Order is willing to have you. I grant you the rank of Padawan, Kerriwar of the Tree Carers. We're glad to have you. If you'd like, I can take you to Falleen, where most of the remaining Masters of our order are trying to unseat the Sith loyalists still present. There, we can find a suitable teacher for your wishes and your talents."

KADI.png

• 3 weeks later...

Kerriwarr was overwhelmed to say the least, awestruck by the potential, and reverent to the opportunity to serve one of the Galaxy's foremost stewards of peace and prosperity, yet daunted by the idea in equal measure. He would be forced to leave his home, and his people. The onus of his position as a padawan would take him who knows where. The gravitas struck the Wookiee as he closed his eyes, feeling the sweet breeze of the forest world swirl around him as he nodded.

"It would be an honor to accompany you to Falleen. I shall need some time to make arrangements and settle my affairs, but I will be fit for travel at a moments notice. I am blessed to have this opportunity. Thank you, Master Jedi."

• Like 2