Kashyyyk

RaveN

A satisfied smile came across his face as Adenna took a big swig of the Kashyyyk drink. As she handed the bottle back to him, he called the bottle to his free hand with the Force- and took Adenna's hand in his own. While still leaning on the landing strut- he let his thumb glide over her knuckles- enjoying the soft touch. Everything seemed as if it was going to be okay, and it would he realized, as long as he was with her. Watching his hand glide over hers, he sighed and with a soft tone- "Well... Grandmaster- Darex something, something Trevelian? Whom- we voted, but once the other three voiced their votes, I kind of had to go along three to one, he was voted up. It was all done in front of Raven and Kyrie- I got into a tissy with Jaina, but it was in an effort to-" He sighed, reflecting back on what all went on in that room. "She made it seem like she was speaking for the entire Jedi Order- when she wasn't, and I was trying to reel her back and realize we haven't discussed it, and for us to actually get on the same page and move forward. This day and age, though, noone can just take a minute and collaborate with their peers. I think something went on that I do not know about- but it doesn't matter. Something occurred- and Jaina's daughter got kidnapped or whatever- I wasn't really paying attention- it was all done in an eyeblink, really. Then, Darex and I spoke privately, then I told him about everything Dahar and Kirlocca assigned me to do- everything I built up- the Station, the ships, people, all the revenue brought into the Order, everything I've done... and I was forced to hand it over to Darex- and he kicked me off the Council." There was no mistaking the frostiness of the last few words.

He took a pull from the bottle. "So, before that- I was assigned to investigate Kirlocca's death, and follow up with that. So I guess that is what I am going to do, although... I would like to do it on my own terms. I am not that... confident that Darex will follow through, he was reluctant to even assign someone to investigate. Seems like the new Grandmaster will let the murder of his predecessor slide- so long as it got him the seat of power. But that is the Sith way of thinking about it. I'm probably wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise. I'll show you the meeting later, if you want."

Vos shrugged, letting her hand go. "Ergo the bottle- I got a report from the station that forty people were injured, a few dead in some freak accident- or something suspicious- but I suppose that's not my problem anymore- but our friends were caught in the mix- I'm keeping up to date- not much but still. But I'm letting the Grandmaster take over things- like he wanted. So...."

"What all have you been up to, while I was up there? You and the General have a good chat?"

Adenna listened in supporting silence as Tobias described the Council meeting. She enjoyed him holding her hand and could tell it brought him a measure of calm. When he finished, he asked her questions about her time. "Hold that thought," she said and turned to flag down one of the techs that often assisted the Jedi in maintaining and servicing their ships. "If you would, please acquire another two bottles of this." She gestured at the liquor Tobias was holding with her free hand then reached into a pouch on her belt to pull out two moderately high denomination credit chits that would surely more than cover the cost. "Buy something for yourself and your friends with the change." The man quickly nodded and, knowing that following the orders of one who was clearly a Jedi would exempt him from any sort of trouble at temporarily abandoning his post, was quick to go off and carry out the request.

She turned her attention back to Tobias and indicated she wanted another swig. After downing another mouthful and recovering from the burning sensations, she passed the half full bottle back. "First: drink the rest of this, I think you need it." There was no room for negotiation on this. "Second, yes, the general and I did have a small chat. She wants me to help in ridding Hutt Space of slavery: something you should know is a dream of mine. I am going to request the Jedi Council send many more Jedi and resources to assist on this.

"Third, the Jedi Council is what it is, there is no point in fighting over it. You did your duty as ordered with great skill, if they do not wish to honor you for it and release you from your responsibilities, then so be it. A Jedi does not serve for glory: that is what the Sith do. In the end, I hope you will continue to help serve the Galaxy and combat evil, just in a different capacity. As for who killed Grandmaster Kirlocca, I think we all know it was the Sith. There is no point in investigating now because we will deal with them sooner or later. I ask that you consider joining me in Hutt Space if the Council sanctions a mission there. The operation would stand a much greater chance of success if you are there and I am not ashamed to admit that I would feel a great comfort at knowing you were at my side."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Aelyn watched Jaina go. Tirzah was in good hands with Master Skye present, but she decided she would stick around at least until Aira came looking for her. Maybe by observing she could pick up on some of what the master healer was doing. Although she didn't feel altogether pulled toward pursuing healing as a vocation, Aelyn was eager to learn anything should could so that she might someday be better prepared for the situations a Jedi might find herself in.

At any rate, Jaina was soon replaced by two children of maybe eight or nine standard years. Aelyn immediately picked up in the Force that they had with each other an extraordinarily close bond of a sort she hadn't before encountered since beginning her training. It occurred to her that they were most likely twins, given their similar appearance. "Hi," she greeted them softly. "It's okay, come on in. Tirzah is sleeping, but she's in good hands."

She wondered if these were children of Jedi. If they knew Tirzah, who had grown up in Temples and such places, it was very likely. Aelyn thought it was a very curious thing for Jedi to be married and have children, since raising kids was a significant responsibility that would necessarily compete for time with a Knight's responsibilities to the Order. She supposed the fact that it still happened was a testament to the flexibility of the Order in allowing its members to find different paths and follow their own interpretation of the Code. Or maybe they thought it was too much trouble to try and force Jedi to remain alone forever.

It was somewhat comforting to know that that road wasn't completely closed off to her. She hadn't really been involved with anyone in the last couple years, but she didn't think she wanted it to always be that way. Life was just too long.

B7kIdWt.jpg

The thin lines that ran along her skin were delicate and complex, like an analog diagram of the flow of her body. They were a slight contrast to her skin and drew Roene’s eye more than any other part of her. The middle-aged knight drew closer to the young woman and almost touched her arm, but hesitated, turning his eyes to her in a silent question. She seemed to accept and the Cerean Jedi touched the base of her bicep and traced the line down to her wrist.

“Such a marvelous study,” Roene said as he traced her arm, “the control of one’s energy can lead to an adept control of their mind and body. It is an examination that can, tangentially, lead to further study of the force and its flow through biological systems.”

Roene caught himself before continuing to illuminate his love of philosophy and watched as Faux’s eyes drifted to the refreshment table. He heard her stomach growl and noted the touch of color in her cheeks. Roene smiled warmly and put his left arm up, instructing that she lead the way. He even chuckled at her joke. But that might have been more a reaction to her nervous laughter than a reaction to the actual joke. The wood of his left arm creaked slightly when he moved it, but it didn’t bother him. Living with a prosthetic, living wood or no, had its drawbacks. Tyue, taking the unintentional hint, sprinted to the refreshment tables before either of them could move and started pawing at the edges and begging to the Jedi around the table for a taste.

Roene’s expression briefly tested the bounds of his tolerance, but quickly shed the built tension and changed to laughter. His small chuckling turned to hearty laughs and he followed Faux to the refreshment tables. The Cerean took a small pastry from a silver platter and began biting at it, looking at Faux with an open expression, eyebrows high and body language inviting.

Edited by Guest
NvFYuwm.png

For a big man, he spoke softly, while shaking his head. "I am prideful, but I know I shouldn't. I did good, I was trying to build something." A sigh, "It's all good though..." he shrugged and indicated for her to keep talking as he took the bottle- and took a long sip.

As Adenna spoke, He realized he sounded harsher than he intended to, but this conversation was with her and only her. He was just voicing his frustration. Lack of combat perhaps. But this slavers thing, that was... a shiver went down his spine- that was his entire childhood. He brought his head up, swallowing the blue liquid- the tingle at the back of his neck- he had to do this. He wasn't a laserbrain, out of the corner of his eye he looked around to where he dropped down- in between the forks. The conversation with Kyrie. He walked a path of redemption now- and if he came across any old friends...he would save them in a heart beat.

A second gulp, and he passed the bottle back to Adenna- where was that kid? Scanning the perimeter he let her take a drink, but instead of talking- he mulled it over in his brain. What if the council says no? She'd still go. He would go if she held back- but she won't. Even if the council said no...He shook his head in disbelief, getting a bit of vertigo but keeping upright. There was a smile played across his face, A slight tug of the Force brought her witching arms reach. He hooked the loop of her robes and kissed her in all the glory of this sickly romantic stereotype scene. If he wasn't into her, and fairly certain that he nor this gorgeous woman that was in his arms was into that sort of thing. And also, gross.

No this was intoxication at its finest. That fuzzy feeling and everything feels better. The train-slamming sensation had made its last appearance a gulp ago. Even with the itchy robes. Admitting he really needed to investigate hypoallergenic Jedi Robes.

He also wanted to work with the Imperials, cultivate that partnership. "How come you never take me anywhere nice? Don't take me wrong- I'll watch your six anytime.." he drifted off for a second, realizing what he just said. He couldn't suppress the laugh in time, he was bound to get slapped sometime. Might as well get it over with. Then come the chuckle, then snickering. "Besides," he had a mock bravado tone as he said this, he rotated his shoulders in a circle."-the Nexu Wrestling Leagues season just closed- time to train for next year." He cracked his neck one way then the other. Until he let out another deep chuckle, his troubles long gone.

Adenna offered no resistance to Tobias' kiss. She even gave him a good slap on the backside after he let her go just for good measure. She had nothing to hide and it was sometimes good to let the non-Force using workers who helped the Jedi know that not all of them were emotionless machines. She took another good few gulps of the liquor and was relieved to discover that her mouth and throat had gotten a bit used to the burning torture she was forcing it to endure. Now, she began to experience the taste and feel the warmth it gave her. Though, that last part may be simply due to the kiss.

The tech returned with the two requested bottles of even more Wookiee liquor. She placed the fairly empty bottle and one of the new bottles on a small strut at head height and opened the third bottle. She took the open bottle down off the strut and offered the fresh bottle to Tobias and again said, "Drink it all before I finish what is left in this bottle or you will regret it." She arched her brow slightly as if playfully (or maybe not so playfully) daring him to defy her.

"There is nothing wrong with pride in the right things, but don't let it take you over nor become the end goal of your endeavors." She took another drink of the liquor nodded as it burned its way down. She was really coming to like this stuff, though it was far from the pleasant dry wines she preferred. Still, if she had to drink something strong, why not the strongest? She kept her voice fairly light, though the alcohol made her voice a little smokey. "I want you along because you are quite a bit of fun when you aren't brooding. This is also a good chance to show that you are truly worthy of being a Jedi Master and that it wasn't simply a fluke or mistake. I don't care what the Jedi Council things, I think you need to believe you are worthy."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

It was a balancing act, figuratively. He wanted to pick her sentences apart- and it was a bit nerve racking. Staying silent with the bottle forced to his lips. Then he heard the bottle tip and brought his down. He already tried that route of convincing, now he was speaking about it with a committed tone in his voice.

"I don't have anything to prove to the council. It's you who will kill me if I waiver from the light, suppose I might boost my points beforehand. I'm with you, doesn't matter what trouble you get us into." A playful wink, and he clinked the bottles in a toast, taking a pull off it.

"Everyone else calls me a Jedi Master- I don't. I hope you're not... offended by my appointment to the title before you? It really is just words, after all- and words are so definite- a narrow scope of what best to label someone. I'm still trying to wrestle with it in my own head- but- if you harbor any frustrations about it..." He shrugged again- and made a hand motion that might signal to let her thoughts flow out, should she have anything to say on the manner.

"You're right that I am fun. I'd like to think I am a Fun Master- instead of a Jedi Master. " He quickly shot in the comment, going back to his sarcastic, joking self. His chest bounced as he chuckled to himself, typical.

His brain swirled with thoughts, but over all- things were settling and these two conversations had brought him some much needed inner peace.

Darex looked Misal up and down, then nodded. "Alright, do what needs to be done. When you need us, we will come. As for the Wolf Spiders, they'll be ready." He added checking on Armiena's creations to his growing mental to-do list. As much as he'd prefer to gallivant off with Misal and save his friend, he had much to do here. There was much that needed to be consolidated, checked, and announced.

He turned to go, then paused. "And," he said hesitantly, "if you see Aryian, don't be too hard on him. We've all made mistakes. And at least it can be said for him that he was trying to do the right thing, as misguided as he was."

With that, he headed off, after merely giving a deep nod to the woman who had been standing there listening to the whole conversation. He noticed that many of the Jedi were still lingering; that was good, for he needed to make some announcements. He had all of their comm numbers; he figured he'd make the announcements there and then let anyone who had questions approach him before he left Kashyyyk. As he walked, his own comm chimed, and he received the message from Jaina. He was surprised but gratified to hear the EV was still going strong; the massive colony ship was the closest thing he had to a home nowadays.

But first things first--he had neglected his padawan for too long. He arrived at the ship just in time to see Jaina striding out of it as if she was on a mission. He didn't stop her, although the temptation was extremely strong. He couldn't help but feel that he should be going with her. After all, Tirzah was his padawan, and he had done harder things for his padawans in the past. But the Force stopped him, giving him many more logical reasons why he couldn't go. Besides those, he knew in his gut that it had to be Jaina, and Jaina alone, even if this was a trap specifically designed for her. He had to trust that she would emerge victorious.

That settled in his mind, though not completely in his heart, he joined the group in the ship. Jax and Alana were huddled around Tirzah, holding her hand. "What's wrong with her?" Jax was asking the young red-headed woman Darex had met earlier.

"Her spirit has been taken away," Darex interrupted.

"What's that mean, daddy? Where is she?"

"People are more than physical bodies, Jax," he told his son gently. "We are beings of spirit and soul. You know how I was able to talk with you even when my body was dead? It's a similar idea. But Tirzah--" he glanced quickly at Skye for confirmation, "isn't dead. Just gone. But her mom is going to get her back. For now, you two can watch over her with Flitter and I-Nine, okay?"

He could tell the twins were distraught, and it pained him. But he wasn't going to hide the truth from his children. The galaxy was a difficult, dark, and dangerous place; that was why the Jedi were needed. He turned to the two women. "Thank you for making sure she was alright."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Trushaun silently observed the whole ceremony, leaping from tree to tree to keep up with the events. She felt the calling- she wanted to rejoin the rest of the Jedi down there- but something was off. There was a- pressure. That's the best way to describe it, a subtle pressure at the back of her mind. Scrambling up and down trees like her claws were designed for made an easy voyage. Discreet, too. There was an uneasy feeling- at least that was the basis for the pressure in her mind. Talking to herself- she kept it quiet. She'd been working by herself for two years now- and she did want to come to Kashyyyk and do something, now there were too many Jedi. Way too many. People terrified her, considering her past, she wanted to return to a Temple or something, but her mind was screaming at her to return to her reclusive nature. Something down in the cave on Tython had spurred her to action- and now... she wanted to poke the sleeping bear. It was time to rouse the great beast and make it move.

Forcing her anxiety down- she went to mingle. Well, mingle, as in food to be eaten- and conversations to be overheard. Letting her saber dangle from her belt, she situated her robes and bag- and pressed forward into the already dispersing crowds. Keeping her Force Signature tightened up- she spotted a few faces she recognized, but made no movement to intercept and engage in conversation. The Fosh frame was small- and Trushaun used that to her advantage. Keeping her emotions in check was a task in and of itself, but she knew her feathers were changing to green, so she let her inquisitiveness show through. Unless there was another Fosh here- she would just be regarded as such- just a green bird.

Trushauncopy3.png

"Are you looking for something?"

Aryian broke his concentration to refocus on whoever had asked him the question, mentally muting the conversation routed through his implant. It would record, and he could review it later. A young woman, brown hair, green eyes, no more than thirty (though that was a stretch). Something about her looked familiar, but Aryian couldn't place it and decided to ignore it.

"Um, no. Not really. It's just been a long time since I've been in the presence of so many gathered Jedi. I've forgotten how utterly peaceful it feels. Like...everything's going to be all right, you know?"

A moment of silence passed between them as Aryian craned his head up, marveling at the beautiful trees Kashyyyk offered. So vibrant when viewed through the Force, each organism its own micro ecosystem teeming with life.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Aryian. I'm not, uh...really with the Order anymore. But I still have my friends and contacts."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Aidan chuckled a bit as he replied, finally letting slip a grin. Had he more time to think about it, it was probably the first time he'd smiled in several days. What with joining the ranks of the Imperial Knights and finding out all this information on his parents, he'd just been so stressed lately he hadn't really had the time to relax.

"No, not at all, that's a great story. Every scar has its memories, and even bad ones tend to teach us lessons. At least...that was something I've heard a long time ago."

He suppressed the urge to blurt out it was something his dad had once said. His father didn't deserve to be part of the conversation any more. He stood, brushing the sand off his pants.

"Well, thank you, Sandy. You certainly helped brighten my mood. I suppose things will turn out how they will, but I guess I don't need to brood about them and worry right this very instant. I think I should find the General now and check in, they might leave without me."

He smiled, passing her a slight bow before walking back towards the landing pads. One new ship was there, a mech that looked familiar to toys he used to play with when he was younger, but it could have just been memories playing tricks on him. In little time, he found and boarded the ship they had arrived in, waiting for his Master and the rest of the crew. Idly, he toyed at the notion of trying to activate the holocron she'd said she left for him, but decided it was better if he waited for her. So much lay before him that he could not see, he felt as if he were at the crossroads of a hundred paths, and by choosing one he would determine his fate. Aidan was certainly in no rush.

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

Oh don't...don’t go please, i’m sorry...please just stay a little longer

But it was inevitable.

“You...You’re welcome I was...happy to help-”

She called out to his retreating back as he walked away, leaving a long line of solitary footprints in the Kashyyyk sand. As soon as she could no longer see his back she stopped digging the moat and perched on the edge of it. She picked up a glob of wet sand and hurled it into the battledroid head with a sigh of frustration. The old clone wars era head toppled back into the moat and Sandy let herself relax. The frustration gone for a moment, and replaced with a gnawing self doubt. Uhg. She had let her mouth run and now he probably hated her.

Suddenly a wave hit her in the back and sent her leaping into the air in surprise, her tunic soaked.

Dammit!

She watched as the tide swallowed the sandcastle like her prospects with the Darkfire man. Maybe someday. Someday. She would be cool and powerful and...pretty enough to catch his eye. THe last one was doubtful. She kicked at the sand and stalked off to gather her boots and robe, before hiking back to the landing platform, her emerald eyes searching for Adenna or Tobias, or maybe another glimpse of Aidan. Though she had made sure to leave enough distance between him and her that he couldn’t think she was stalking him.

When she arrived at the landing pads, she saw the HWK that Tobias and she had flown and a cluster of imperials and Jedi. She saw the Imperial General Kyrie at a distance and waved, there had been a rumour that they were recruiting for a mission, and if she knew her old master, Adenna would be a part of it.

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Adenna took another gulp of liquor and pointedly eyed Tobias' still full bottle. While she wanted him to finish the bottle, she would also enjoy his punishment. It took a bit of focus to deal with the alcohol, but once that was in place, she could answer his questions. "I am very glad you feel no need to prove anything to the Council. Their opinion is important, make no doubt, but I believe we answer to the Force above all: the Council only attempts to interpret the Force and the Light. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. We are all fallible: only the Force itself is infallible."

She playfully punched him in the shoulder. "I have no problems with you being a master, you have earned it and proved it with how dexterously you have handled the work building the Jedi fleet. It is the Council that has failed to recognize that and the need to take an active stand against the Sith and such a position makes me question a lot about what their goals are."

Tobias approaching drunkenness was quite amusing, and it helped lower his defenses. She thoroughly enjoyed this side of him and wished he would simply relax more instead of place his guard up. The irony of that was not lost on her. She wasn't exactly supremely relaxed or open herself. It was something she probably needed to work on, at least around him.

With a quick smile, she lifted her nearly finished bottle and slowly started lifting it to her lips. "You had better hurry up, if you can even stand after this, I just might have to put you on your backside myself."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Xae watched Jaina go, hell bent on finding her daughter, yet once more. When she gets past this, Force give her and Tirzah a chance to just be for a while. They need each other, she offered up in silent prayer for the mother and daughter that just couldn’t seem to catch any sort of break now that they finally had a chance to form a relationship.

Jaina runs to her family...while you run away, her inner voice observed.

Yeah, well Tirzah’s never tried to kill her, the Jedi Knight volleyed back as she stepped out, walking along the landing pads in search of the strange tree-being that had approached her bearing such ominous news.

Right, right. So your last brother tried to kill you - successfully cursed you for a time - and your Mandalorian lover abandoned you for his people and got himself killed, yet again. No good could ever come from contact with that sector could it? Yet, you wouldn’t be standing here, now if that was the case.

I’d hardly call Baslan “good” if he was cavorting around on Dathomir with my mother.

The bounty hunter didn’t kill you or make attempt to capture you. He just wanted to talk.

I’m going because I made a promise, Xae clamped down on her inner debate as her search yielded little results.

She saw a young girl with bright platinum blonde hair in a light green tunic and approached her. “Excuse me,” she began looking up at the teenager. “I’m looking for a tree. You wouldn’t happen to have seen him? Frond, I think his name was.” She cast one last look around before shaking her head.

“Some example to set,” she mumbled to herself and extended her hand toward the girl. “Jedi Knight Xae-Lin Ardel, by the way. Forgive my manners, or lack thereof.”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

"I wish I could do more," Aelyn said when Master Trevelian entered. She looked at the twins again now that she knew they were his. It must have made for an interesting and challenging childhood. Darex seemed as wise as Master Kirlocca and had a gentle spirit, but the best qualities of a father didn't amount to much when death tore him away from them, even if he'd managed to appear to them spectrally as he'd alluded. No doubt that they had distinguished careers as Jedi ahead of them if they chose that path to walk and could handle the expectations.

"How did the Council meeting go, Master?" she asked after a moment. "I've been on the fringe of the Order so far during my training, but I'm eager to see where it goes, especially with what's happening on Coruscant." She'd kind of guessed at how the Jedi might respond to her father over the commlink, but hearing something from Darex would make a big difference to her. She needed to know that the Order was going to do the right thing before she could really find her place in it.

B7kIdWt.jpg

Skye smiled at the twins as they entered and gave a nod of appreciation to Aelyn when she told the kids that Tirzah was just sleeping. The twins took up positions next to their friend. Before she could say anything Darex came in, the Healer giving a gentle smile as she rested a hand upon his arm in comfort. “Jaina will get her back. In the meantime I will watch over her here”. Jaina was possibly the only one who could bring her daughter back from that hideous place. She inclined her head towards Xae as she left then turned back towards the others. It was good that Darex wasn’t going to lie to the children about what was wrong with Tirzah, they were clever kids and would know when someone was keeping them in the dark about something. Looking at the Padawan Skye caught the fact she didn’t know who the twins were. “Let me make some introductions here. This is Jax and Alana, Darex and Darla’s twins.” Her eyes sparked as they met with Darex’s, “I’m their Godmother.” Her tone and sense through the Force would allow Aelyn to feel a connection that Skye had with the Trevelian family and that she had delivered the twins. “I was also Darex’s Master.” Her genuine affection towards the three was obvious.

She turned her head towards Aelyn once more, “Tell me Aelyn, what do you know about healing?” If she wanted to know more, Skye would teach her about how to use the Force to heal, even if it was only to get herself or a companion out of trouble until medical attention could be received.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Vos shrugged- and smiled reluctantly. Adenna was poking at him, but nothing too invasive- the usual. There wasn’t anything invasive about this at all, he realized. He needed to keep his head on straight- even in his state- several conclusions could be drawn from this drunken conversation. He had downed most of his second bottle- but Adenna was still winning in drinking faster. “All my people are now unemployed, so I got some people that we can rope into all this- Tom, Tut, Chal’lar… and we’ll leave it at that- plus the captains. They’re all willing to do something proactive- most of them have expressed interest in getting combat time in- perhaps some of them will help when we help out the Imperials with those slavers.”

He took the punch and let the blow sink in- his shoulder shrunk back away- and he spun on his heels. Smiling more and more- “It all depends on if the interpreter understands what is going on. Speaking of those latter two- Tut and Chal'lar- they fetched a ship for our new Jedi Knight. Work perks, along with who yah know. He winked. His yellow face brand wrinkled as he took another pull from the bottle. It was a noticeably long pull. After he tipped up the bottle- it seemed as if he intentionally left a few ounces.

“Hey, shush with the tone there chicky. I can still walk the walk- talk the talk. You think you can punish me?” The words were warm with affection and challenge- “Psssshhh as if…” His sound effect was slurred- but was it intentional to mislead her? Or was it genuine? There was an eye roll and the smile shifted deviously in a playful manner.

“Let’s go see what beverages we have aboard- Seems you’re almost out of your drink.” He laughed a bit again, fully aware of her threat- and the pair started to walk back towards the boarding ramp. Vos had his arm around Adennas’ shoulders- he pressed his lips to the top of her head, the pair stumbled for a moment each would blame the other for the missteps, but it was just all banter. After a few strides Vos knelt down- moving his arm that he had around her shoulders to just below her waist- and lifted her up. There wasn’t any wavering, just a small grunt of effort when her feet left the ground- she was a full grown adult human woman- anyone would have grunted with the effort. His green eyes drifted up to her- and he gently rocked to his tip-toes and *bonked* her head softly on the bottom of the YT-2000 hull. Laughing without inhibition, he would let her finish her drink and let her try to ‘punish’ him. He wasn’t as drunk as she thought- just the warm buzz. This was cute- but part of him wanted to be on the way to Carida- he was always spoiling for a fight, in a sense. There was no stirring in the Force for him to leave- so he took it as a sign this was the perfect place to be right now. And he sealed off his mind to everything else, letting himself be fully in the moment here.

~~~~

Two familiar Jedi Master stood, conversing in some foreign tongue- and when they saw Sandy- the waved over to her and broke from their conversation- it was Tut and Chal'lar- Vos's friends and cohorts. Chal'lar, the Bith, had always been the quieter one and Tut, the Nautolan always chatted for the pair. Tut called out to Sandy.

"My, my, Jedi Knight Sarna. You seem a little lost- your ship is over there." He pointed over towards the HWK that the pale Jedi had flown before. Tut had a smile on his face- as if waiting for something. Shock? Excitement?

He turned to Chal'lar- "Times have changed a bit, haven't they? When I became a Knight- I got fresh robes. This one gets a new ship. What work perks did you receive?"

Chal'lar, for his benefit, played right along. He turned his bulbous head- "I got a piece of flimsy to frame and put on the wall." He moved his hands as if 'framing' his line of sight. Moving across the area- and squaring it on the HWK. "Yeah, perhaps I should get a holo of the ship onto some flimsy- and swap the two out and put it on the wall."

Tut nodded, his pointy teeth a little unnerving for whomever wasn't used to a Nautolan smile, "That would look nice in your office. But this one, gets the actual ship."

The two laughed- Chal'lar even doubling over slightly he had to put a hand on his green friend as he steadied himself- the two laughed as if they'd been friends since apprenticeship.

"Congratulations, Jedi Knight Sandy Sarna." Both alien men said together, giving the Knight a respectful bow- the smile was still on both their faces- for whatever that was worth on the Bith.

Sandy gratefully accepted the offer of the ship from Tobias’s friends, she was very excited and the grin stretched ear to ear. Perhaps she could even use the ship to assist in Whitehelm in some way. She beamed, and said a grateful goodbye to the jedi pair. She kept her eyes open for the valiant imperial knight but ran straight into a jedi master.

As her bright blonde eyebrows shot to the sky Sandy turned about and looked down at the smaller and older woman. She was a rather famous Jedi master, and an Exorcist to boot. She extended her scarred hand and took the Masters, “A pleasure to meet you, I’m Jedi Knight Sandy Sarna, at your service. I have seen a few trees here so if you have a specific breed you are looking for that could narrow down the search.”

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

It felt good to be picked up by a man and to be teased again. So much of her life over the last year had been either survival, brutal combat, grueling politics, or black evil. To finally have something playful and even a bit tender was a welcome relief and reminder that the life of a Jedi didn't always have to be one of suffering and hardship. She chuckled a bit at his playfulness and played along.

He challenged her to punish him, and that was good. She had a Cheshire smile on her face when she leaned in and whispered into his ear, "Oh, you shall be punished, my dear, just not when you expect it. As much as I would relish meting out that punishment and having a drink, I must see the Council about their support. You need to stay here and sober up. A major change is coming to your life: it would be very wise to be completely at peace with it before you decide which path you take. I will return as soon as I can with news."

She downed the last of the bottle in her hand and set it down. Though she clearly wished to stay, she turned and headed out toward the where the Council was meeting. The nanites in her stomach and blood had been taking care of the alcohol, so she wasn't affected, though part of her wish she could be simply so she could enjoy the carefree moments with Tobias. Regardless to her personal desires, she knew she had a duty and duty came first.

When she arrived outside the Chambers, she left word that she wished to speak to them about Jedi support for the Remnant mission into Hutt space.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

The Jedi seemed competely entralled with her, or rather the idea she presented. He took it and her in with the totality of his focus, looking far beneath the surface to the possibilities the concept bloomed in his mind's eye. Faux was facinated at his facination. He took a scholarly view and let everything else drift away. It reminded her of Marcus and how the workings of the universe were always more interesting than the substance of it. As his finger traced a channel down her arm Faux felt a charge, like static reaching out to a contact point. Roene's own energy seemed abundant, well beyond that of anyone who did not self cultivate.

"Such a marvelous study." He said in a mesmerized awe. "The control of one's energy can lead to an adept control of their mind and body." That much said volumes about Roene. It was easy to see how a person's energy flowing through them affected the body, but to see the same corralation between that energy and the mind's capacity for willpower was another matter. It had taken her years to grasp the small circulations.

"It is an examination that can, tangentially, lead to further study of the force and its flow through biological systems."

The force of what?

This was where he lost her. The flow of it through the body was exactly what she practiced. Where did he see a tangent? As her stomach rumbled Roene seemed to break away from his train of thought and offered her a smile, waving an arm toward the refreshments. He even chuckled at her comment about learning to mend what you break, but it felt a little forced. Even if he didn't get the humor, it was polite of him to indulge.

As she lead the way to the food, her attention split between Roene's comment and the food on the table.

"Its interesting you mention the mind." She said as she grabbed a plate. Should she select modestly to be polite, or eat her fill in case the next meal was also multiple days away? "The highest practice of my people was learning to circulate one's energy through specific channels to invigorate the mind and spirit. Interestingly enough, brain scans show that those who practice this intense circulation have denser grey matter than those who abstain from meditation all together. Memory is retained into greater age, thinking is clearer, response time is faster. All around a healthier brain."

WvXWkuw.png

The Imperial Knight swiftly climbed the narrow staircase that led to the landing pad, and took a deep breath of the sweetened air that passed through the treetops. It smelled far better on the landing pad, her nose no longer offended by the musky scent of wookiees with an added aroma of campfires with poor oxygenation. It reminded her of Ord Mantell, the sweat of the underclass living on the streets, scrounging for their meals amongst soot-covered trash-compactors.

Unlike on that planet of death and garbage, the song of life was everywhere on this planet, the voices of insects skittering far beneath ornate bark, rejoicing in the mundane of life. The ghosts were quieter here, far above the shadowlands, and their whispers no longer preyed upon her distractions. Only one voice called to her now with melody deepened by the weight of centuries long past. The song was faint and resounded in her own rosary, beckoning her to the wisdom of Il-Andon Rorik.

Kyrie ran her hand along the time-worn hull of The Sanctis Cogitatione, feeling the carbon scoring across the dimpled durasteel. She passed a wave to the young Jedi Knight Sandy Sarna, whom she had met during her earlier years in The Jedi Order. She passed up the landing ramp and smiled at Aidan where he sat awaiting her. Beside him was the holocron, its silvered gleam slowly pulsating as if forever transfixed to a beating heart. The young woman spoke as she prepared the ship for departure.

“I’m glad to see you back, Aidan. If you are wondering where things stand with the Jedi, there was a fracturing at the council… A new direction was outlined of which I and several others cannot take part. I’m no diplomat. The Imperial Knights are officially under our own control. I’d like your help in it, even as an apprentice your insight is welcome.”

The Holocron sprung between them, rising like a bird in flight, its silvered outline changing. Silvered wings pealed back to reveal a crystalline matrix beneath, and from it sprang the form of a man. His hair was dark, with flecks of silver, as was his beard. He wore more ancient armour, blastweave armour of the Old Republic, over which an ebony robe was slung, its hem singed and frayed.

“You’ve broken with the Order then… Cycles. Everything in its time. The Council has come full circle once more to the fallacy of pacifism in the face of great evil. Mistakes the galaxy will pay for in war…”

The man’s eyes glittered with the same silver fire that burned in Kyrie’s, and those embers burned now towards Aidan.

“An apprentice of long heritage. I am Il-Andon Rorik, Master of the Inquisition of Exorcists.”

A female voice emanated from the cylinder, quiet and kind, but holding a lovliness that made the listener long to see the face of the speaker.

“Exferren Ben-Havram, Master of the Confessing Order of Exorcists. Researchers turned to warriors by necessity.”

Kyrie looked startled and placed a hand out in greeting, and fire imbued her fingertips, in an offering of power.

“The Council forbade us from interfering against the Mandalorian Crusade, and the Cathar Genoicide was the outcome. Rorik and I led our Order, in both of its factions under Revan. How may we be of aide?”

The Ship shuddered under their feet as it began its departure from the planet’s gravity-well, outbound flight to the Imperial Fleet.

---

A Comlink message arrives for Aryian Darkfire

"Good Evening Master Jedi, if you still desire that title. My name is Kyrie Eleison, leader of the Imperial Knights. My records indicate there was a great deal of evil done to your family by the former Empire under Black, and I would like to personally present the Empire for your inspection. With the help of Raven, our Head of State, we have set the Empire on the path towards the light... However, even as an exorcist, I find myself lacking in the grand scheme of morality. I'd like your help, if you can give it, especially as I have been placed as the master to your son, Aidan. I want to place the Empire as the leaders in the fight against evil, a job the Jedi Council no longer desires to perform."

A set of coordinates accompanies the comlink message

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

She wanted his input. His. He'd been with the Imperial Knights for a handful of days, and she wanted his help with how the Knights were to move forward. That the Jedi council had more or less split with the Imperial Knights wasn't exactly surprising news to anyone who vaguely knew anything about either group, but Aidan had a feeling that it meant they'd suddenly been left to hang in the wind, especially if General Eleison wanted his input for how the Knights were going to operate. And before he could say something smart like 'maybe I'm not the best person to be asking for help,' or, 'I barely know anything about the Force, much less military operations, for that matter,' a hologram shot up from the floor, filling the space between them. The image looked more realistic than most, and Aidan quickly realized it was generated from a holocron. And then, after it identified itself, another image materialized, doing the same. Giving a sigh, Aidan consigned himself to lean into the holocron training. It's what he wanted, after all, and maybe now he'd get some much needed answers.

"I keep hearing that word - Exorcist. I am loosely familiar with the Jedi and their philosophies, but I've never heard mention of an Exorcist. What sets you apart from the Jedi?"

((I assume our next post will be in space or wherever, just let me know))

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

((Co-written))

Xae winced slightly, realizing how crazy her request must have sounded to the young girl. No, Jedi Knight, apparently, she corrected herself. “Let me try this again. Frond is...able to walk. That might help narrow things a bit.”

She stepped back to examine her counterpart, both visually and through the Force. The girl was young, that much was apparent, but age didn’t always speak to maturity in Xae’s experience. There was an undercurrent of overwhelm, but a determination, a survival instinct to see the weight of the mantle on her shoulders through and do the responsibilities expected of a Jedi Knight justice.

In the girl’s eyes, Xae-Lin recognized the same look she’d had several years prior when she’d reunited with the Jedi Order a newly minted Knight who’d been set adrift without guidance during the height of the last Galactic War. Coupling that with the way her light green tunic hung loosely from her frame, billowing from around where a thick brown belt wrapped itself around an almost too-thin waist - Xae had to wonder at the strength this girl possessed already at her age that had lead to such an achievement.

The scars that marred the girl’s pale and equally thin arms bespoke her ability to withstand harsh trials and not hide them in shame. Though she bore no physical scars of her own since her re-emergence from the Force, Xae-Lin could appreciate whatever darkness Sandy had combated in her past.

“Forgive me, Sandy, was it?” At the girl’s nod she continued,”How long have you been a Knight? It’s quite an achievement.” Then she shook her head, “I’m sorry. You’ve probably been getting that this whole trip haven’t you?”

Sandy blushed, and let a sloppy smile show her white teeth.

“Only about three days, I got promoted according to my master Adenna, though I doubt the council would accept it. And don’t worry, I’m used to it!” She laughed. Already running her mouth again.

Xae returned her smile, doing her best to try to place the name Sandy had given and failing. Damn this fragmented memory of mine, she thought to herself before asking, “Is it something you feel you’ve earned?” Her tone was conversational and gentle, not accusatory or trite.

Sandy brought a scarred hand up to rub her chin, mimicking the way Tobias always stroked his beard while he talked. She made a fake serious expression and her tone when she talked was conspiratorial in a laughing way. “I don’t think I have had the best and consistent training, I know how to touch the force, combat using a lightsaber, and use the force to assist me, but I know virtually nothing of being a Jedi Knight, so I don’t really know!”

The auburn-haired Knight leaned in, the timbre of her voice growing equally conspiratorial as she admitted, “Neither did I when I was knighted. Do you feel like you’re up to the challenge of figuring out what that means to you and the Order?”

Sandy’s bright blonde eyebrows drew together while she thought through her experiences, “I am always up for a challenge, but I do admit being very nervous about it, and I have no real direction, other than I wish to accompany Aidan Darkfire and the Imperials to help free slaves on Nal Hutta. Is that a mission worthy of a Jedi Knight?” When she said the name of the Darkfire boy, the other Jedi could easily sense the girl’s feelings towards him. Sandy was not in the mood to hide her feelings, especially from someone as nice as Xae.

“Helping or defending those who cannot defend themselves is always a worthy mission in my eyes,” The elder Jedi Knight remarked without hesitation.

The bright blonde haired girl gestured to her arms. “I admit there is a bit of a feeling of getting revenge on slavers. But I am trying not to let my past guide me into lusting after revenge. How would you handle that kind of thing?”

Xae nodded in approval of the young woman’s self-awareness. “You were a slave? Or at least know first hand what happens if I were to make an educated guess?”

Sandy smiled sadly, “I was that dumb padawan that got captured during the raid on Thallassia, you may have heard about it. It was kinda scandalous for Master Adenna, and well the slavers did these.” She gestured to her arms before continuing her sentence and putting her hand on her abdomen, “and a few...other things too.”

The elder Jedi Knight nodded again, some slight recollection stirring her mind before she looked back at the girl before her bravely recounting what Xae was sure were painful events. Despite the pain, the Exorcist could feel the healing that was occurring as well as Sandy’s determination to not let those events rule her any longer than they had. “Raids are dangerous and unpredictable things,” she began. “It is impossible to foresee all eventualities and the path to desired outcomes within the Force as well. Sometimes our trials come when we least expect them and more often push us past our breaking points.”

She rested her hand on Sandy’s shoulder and looked her in the eye. “I won’t malign or belittle what you’ve been through,” she promised. “One does not have to feel the touch of the Force in order to embrace the darkness. There are those that run full-force to it’s false illusions of power. You’ve experienced some of the worst things one being can do to another and I can sense that is part of what drives you now to help where you fell short before. Being willing to step back into the fire that burned you and quench it is what makes you worthy of the title of Jedi Knight, but it doesn’t stop there.

“You already have acknowledged that you have your own reasons for pursuing this mission and are wary of the temptation to fall into revenge. I’ll leave you with this - there is a difference, however marginal, between seeking vengeance for past wrongs and doing what you’re capable of to prevent those wrongs from happening to someone else. You are aware of your own emotions going into this mission and I can sense your core motives are to bring you and others peace.”

Sandy grabbed the arm of the Exorcist and pulled her into a swift hug, a few teared welling in her emerald eyes. “Thank you a thousand times over, your words have left me with no doubt to my purpose, but one.” She inclined her head to where Darkfire was boarding the Imperial shuttle, “Should I be wary of my heart as well?” She noticed a tree like creature busy touching ships on the bay behind the imperial shuttle. It was strange to her to talk like this to a woman she had just met, but this Exorcist felt more like a mother than anything she had ever had.

Xae’s expression changed as she ran through her own memories and experiences regarding the younger Knight’s inquiry. She’d fallen hard and fast for Joreel Ordo, whose brashness often had landed him in trouble. Xae had lost touch with him when he’d left the Order to rally his people and she’d heard nothing of him since. Not that I’ve been looking, either, she admitted to herself. Yet another loose end to tie up in the Mandalore Sector.

“Wary at least of the emotional bias that sways your feelings and judgement,” she finally responded. “Especially around Darkfire’s. I fought along side both of his parents, and though I don’t know what he’s like as a man, I do know the Force. If you two are guided together, let it happen as it will. In battle understand that you may lose each other or may have to sacrifice for the benefit of the many over the one you care for.” There was a slight pang of regret that Xae-lin didn’t bother to hide from the teen. “Attachment is not bad. It’s what makes us part of the greater whole. Selfishly holding on to that attachment to the detriment of the whole is what’s bad. Take what you will from that, Sandy.”

The Exorcist also reached inside her pouch pocket and extended a card with her com code on it to Sandy. “And take this. I’m here if you need help or just need a sounding board. These are your first steps to Knighthood, which is not an easy thing to do on your own. It’s still up to the Council as to your status, but I will do my best to provide you the guidance I can when you need it regardless. The Force go with you, Sandy Sarna.”

Taking the comm card in hand Sandy grinned, showing gums and white teeth. “I’ll call you as soon as we are done with this White Helm thing.” She pointed to where the tree was, “And I think I have found your quarry. Farewell my ori'vod.” She said, using a word she had learned in those dark dungeons from a friend that she had not seen since Coruscant.

Xae’s brow furrowed at the vaguely familiar Mandalorian word. Big Sister, a voice from the back of her mind echoed. She waved at the young Knight as she dashed off with bounding steps to the raising Imperial landing ramp and scrambled on board, towards destiny, healing, and love.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

The sentient tree stood tall as he left both of his viney hands to rest for several minutes on the cool durasteel hull of the unidentified ship before him. It had been a hundred years or more since he had even set foot aboard one of these space-faring titans and despite all of his desires to return to the peacefulness of walking with The Force, somehow, he found within himself a desire to also go about in one of these magnificent, albeit inconsequential, creations.

The visage of the wounded Mandalorian he had seen in the shadowy fringes about the throne of darkness still played at his mind. In truth, it was one of the reasons that had encouraged him to step back to the world of falsehoods for a time; to find this being. he had felt the pain of the man and for reasons he could not seem to fathom felt drawn to find out what had happened. Then after all his gallivanting about The Force had led him to her, the Jedi kindred of the being in the vision. Strange. It is. The Force

He had seen the sister of his quest a short ways off talking to another of her Jedi kind and although he was curious why she had not jumped to be off right away, he knew better than to interrupt the Jedi' business. "Jedi. Serious. Always so." he muttered to himself as he continued to take in the gleaming lines and delicacies that could be seen across the ship's hull. In truth, Frond had all the time in the world; but even he knew that not many beings were afforded the same luxury. All of his old friends and even those he had trained in the ways of the Mind Walkers had since passed beyond. At the thought of those friends his metaphorical wooden heart panged. He missed his friends. Friends anew. These Jedi. Maybe. Truth be told, Frond did not even know if any others of his order still existed; although he had seen many who wandered Beyond Shadows, but they rarely communicated with one another there; content as he was to bask in the silent comfort of The Force. Still, maybe it was time to expand his horizons.

XQ19Jfm.png

“Ah, your people speak true,” Roene said, grabbing a small plate and serving himself some food. “Though I do not practice your techniques, as you know them. I have found, at times, that meditation can be leaps and bounds more efficient at expanding both mental and physical capabilities. One should not neglect physical training, but one should not forget to train the mind as well. Even my people,” Roene paused for a moment, motioning to his coned head, “understand the need for a healthy brain. We are capable of thinking from two different perspectives at once. Such thinking is difficult, however, which is why we possess two hearts to maintain the excessive circulatory needs.”

Roene tore a piece of meat from a large steaming cut of something-or-other and gave it to Tyue, who gobbled it up with gleeful exuberance. The Cerean smiled warmly and looked back to Faux with a caring accent to his pale blue eyes.

“It is fascinating to hear about different philosophies; especially when the philosophies are very similar to other philosophies I have studied. I’m curious. Have you tried applying your knowledge of energy transference to your surroundings? Have you wondered if other organisms, such as yourself, experience a similar transfer of energy? And that, by connecting with them, you can transfer energy between the two of you? Have you wondered whether the universe or galaxy itself is just a massive bowl of energy that is transferred between everyone?”

Roene’s eyes were lit with speculative fire and his brain was firing with immense levels of excitement. The smile that spread his cheeks into wide dimples did not leave his face. In fact, he seemed to grow more and more excited the more and more he talked.

NvFYuwm.png

“I will signal the Order when I have a conclusive lead. Take care, Master Trevelian,” Misal added, giving the Jedi Master a deep nod. The black-clad Miraluka waited until Trevelian had stepped beyond earshot, then her thin eyebrows furrowed as she faced Sophia Moriarty. She hadn’t missed it when the chimera began recording--people always seemed to forget that her attention wasn’t necessarily directed to wherever her eyeless gaze seemed to suggest--and Misal could hazard a guess as to who had received that transmission.

“I shouldn’t need to tell you that you might have just introduced an unneeded complication.” She hissed, her arms folded across her chest.

“That unneeded complication is her ex-husband.” Sophia cut the transmission, leaving Darkfire in the dark with regards to their exchange. “It doesn’t matter if you dislike--”

“--better to describe it as disappointed in every conceivable metric--”

“--him, he deserves to know what happened to Armiena. And he’s better than me at this business, and you know it.”

Misal regarded the indignant woman, her eyebrows lifted skeptically. “What matters more to me than his competence is whether I can expect him to not go off half-cocked on some catastrophically boneheaded attempt at martyrdom. It has nothing to do with having a right to anything, chimera.”

Moriarty physically recoiled away. Below, the Imperial Knight Commander was gathering the younger the Darkfire… as well as a number of Jedi Knights. What had she just missed? “It looks like Eleison is about to leave. Contact me when you have a list of targets.” The historian retreated, eager to be somewhere else… anywhere else, just as long as she wasn’t sharing the company of this manipulative Miraluka. She rushed along the catwalks, just barely making it aboard the Sanctis Cogitatione before its pilot finished its preflight checklists and its sublight engines roared to life.

Misal took a moment to lean on the rails of the catwalk and take the pressure off her left knee, thinking about her next move. So many of her suspects had installations on Coruscant; it would be a target-rich environment where she and her men could easily strike at their targets and exploit the press of unshielded transmissions and population to remain undetected. However, the political chaos in the Senate suggested the possibility of malign influence from the Sith or any number of clandestine organizations… The Miraluka pushed herself off the railing and winced at the protestations from her knee. She was getting far too old for this business.

“Mr. Hamis,” she spoke into her comlink as she limped back down to the forest floor and towards the landing pad. “Warm up the Journeyman. And contact an asset on Carida to prepare a satchel for Moriarty--standard communications and surveillance package.”

Eventually, Misal made her way to the landing pad, but found her former son-in-law speaking to the young Skywalker amongst the inert vessels. Somewhere towards one edge of the permacrete-wroshyr platform, she caught sight of the distinctive tail-fin of a Lambda-class shuttle. For the moment, she just looked at him, not exactly eager to have this conversation with a man that she hadn’t seen in years, but determined to get it over with.

drayyy.png

"Aryian?" Jaina's eyes narrowed curiously as she considered him, wandering down neural pathways for a flicker of remembrance just out of reach. "Your name sounds familiar to me, but I don't believe we've met. I'm Jaina Jade..."

For the first time since she had found herself helpless on the doorstep of the Jedi, she instinctively thought to offer her married name. Choking on it as it attempted to make its way out of her mouth, she turned the inexplicable slip into a cough and finished unconvincingly, "Skywalker."

Having settled her initial curiosity, Jaina's first instinct was to resume her determined journey towards the Dark City, but something about the calm steadiness of the man before her gave her pause, and she found herself following his gaze into the treeline. "I haven't slowed down long enough to notice," she admitted, letting the roar of the nearby ocean actually catch her attention as more than background white noise. "It is lovely."

He was right, though: even in the wake of such a tragedy, in a time of confusion, with gathering darkness confusing their every decision and confounding their every move, the overall effect of their collective presence was a resounding peace that seemed to reverberate through the Force itself.

If only they could amplify that peace and find a way to spread it across the galaxy.

Or even better, find a way to tuck it in her pocket and take it with her to Nhagathul.

Sensing the scrutiny of an additional pair of eyes, she set aside her idealist musings and found the form of Misal Draygo limping towards her, heavily favoring her right leg. Bowing her head to the Miraluka, she sensed a sudden shift in the emotional climate that remained inexplicable at present. Looking back and forth between the pair, unsure of the root cause, she simply opted to make introductions.

"Aryian, this is my friend, Misal Draygo. Misal, this is Aryian..." Realizing she had not been offered a surname, she left it there, but could not rid herself of the cloying feeling that she had just put her foot in something far larger than she had any grid to understand.

Tell me what I can do... Raynuk's telltale signature whispered to her mind, distracting her from the awkwardness of such social niceties, and in that moment Jaina determined she could wait no longer.

"Forgive me," she said with a small shake of her head. A gaze filled with dread and resolute in its purpose looked for a commiserator in Misal. "My daughter... I have to go."

Backing away from the conversation, she turned on her heel to survey the small collection of personal ships that had been assembled on the landing platform. Amidst their number, she observed with a leap of joy in her heart, her own beloved Traitor's Hope had made an appearance. The beckon call that she had demanded Atlas activate when she landed on Kashyyyk had summoned her old friend, repaired by Raynuk's strange spherical droid and thoroughly updated by the Solaris Industries crews on Corellia at the behest of Tares Vortex.

The ramp descended, inviting her in as into the welcoming embrace of an old friend. Depositing her boots next to the pilot's seat as normal, she swiveled to face the comm array, but her trembling hand stalled, hovering just above it. She had refused Skye's help, Aelyn's help, Xae's help. It seemed clear to her that the Force was drawing her to rescue her daughter on her own. Much like the vision in which she was the only one who could reach Tirzah, this again seemed to be consistent in the Force's will. She and she alone would be an effective savior for her daughter. So why was she seriously contemplating roping Raynuk in on such a dangerous venture?

The answer felt clear, but she could not stomach the repercussions of her thoughts, and tried to put them aside as she ran through the preflight checklist.

It has to be me. I only wish you could help, she offered sadly across the lightyears.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

((My apologies for the delay, Skye, I was originally planning on waiting for Darex.))

Aelyn looked over at Skye with an appreciative smile. "Master Cadan taught me some of the basics," she said. "I'm pretty sure I can do a healing trance, and together we helped a man on Carida recover from a dark side illness he was exposed to during the battle at the Sith Temple."

She shrugged. "I don't have any medical training though and I've never been hospitalized myself, so I'm not even sure what to make of the technology you're using here," she said, gesturing to the instruments and the IV drip. She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully. "The Force does seem to give me a hint though of what normal is. Like there's a natural order, an equilibrium like in an ecosystem." She wasn't sure if that made sense, but that was the core to her understanding of the Force as it was now. Balance, order, and harmony, as well as chaos and entropy, could exist in any system and did so naturally. The system could be as large as a planet or even the whole galaxy, or it could be as small as a single organism.

"I'd be happy to learn anything you could teach me," she added.

B7kIdWt.jpg

A Lambda-class T-4a shuttle exited hyperspace over Kashyyyk, one of its passengers had never seen this planet before and the other had a large scar down his back from his first and only time on the planet. They both looked at the planet and shook their heads at the wild ball of mud below them, neither of them had any desire to set foot on the surface nor see any of the inhabitants. Luckly for them, that was not their purpose as they orbited around to the dark side of the planet (in terms of sunlight not the Force) and saw the Admiral Andripov.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked over the lines of the ship, it was no Star Destroyer that much was certain. He glanced over at the lieutenant and saw the same look on his face. “Sir, I would say that the golden days are behind us.” Luke nodded as the shuttle drew closer to the ship as he continued looking at the Frigate in front of him before the pilot spoke.

“Grand Admiral Sir, the Admiral Andripov is hailing us and asking our intentions.”

“Very well, Broadcast my ID codes on a tight beam to the ship and order receipt of the codes once received. Inform them that I intend to conduct an external inspection and will board once complete.”

“Yes Sir.” Luke turned his attention once more to the view port, faintly hearing the pilot’s communications and the response. “Sir, they acknowledge your codes and welcome you to come aboard at your pleasure.”

“Very good, conduct a flypast of their weapons batteries and then bring the shuttle into the Hanger.” Luke leaned forward to better examine the armament as they flew over them, his well trained eyes taking in each straight line and curve of the batteries. Finally he nodded and turned to the pilot. “Take us in.”

The pilot turned the shuttle and headed into the hanger where they were met by a standard honor guard. Once again the officer in charge of the Honor Guard seemed baffled by the long coat over Luke’s uniform and the sword that rode at his hip but was wise enough not to say anything but rather ushered him to the Bridge.

Luke strode onto the bridge, his eyes taking in the command position as well as the Supreme Commander standing beside the captain. He snapped to attention, his heels snapping together loud enough to be heard across the Bridge. “Supreme Commander.” Luke inclined his head as he greeted her then nodded to the captain and took the outstretched hand.

azPjoQd.png

My life for the Empire

The food looked delicious, moreso for how terribly famished Faux was, but the things Roene was saying pulled her mind away from it into a world of hypotheticals. Discussion of vital energy was of the heighest at the monestary, but moving it in a way that he inferred was never anything more than heresay. Sure, there were legends of monks able to do phenominal things with their energy like take impacts that would kill a person and walk away unscathed or go weeks without eating, but those things always rested in the realm of energy within the self.

"Well..." She started, chosing her words carefully. "Quantum mechanics shows us that is true in a sense. Matter is a condensed form of energy. So yes, the universe is a massive swirl of energy in a constant state of change."

She tentatively picked a few items from the table and placed them on her plate, clearly more consumed by thought than what she was choosing. Faux had never heard of energy being used in a way that Roene discribed, but the way he posed the questions indicated that came from a more concrete place than simple conjecture. True, sometimes she could perceive the energy of others, but how could she use her techniques to influence that energy? The only way she could influence her own vitality was through concentrated will, but that made sense as it was a part of her being as a complete system.

"I know that everything else has an energy of it's own. Everything both living and not. Without energy, there is no substance, and thus no existence."

Staring down at her plate, she knew the substance of that food was just another form of energy. Through her digestive process the matter would be broken down and energy would be released and absorbed. How could she influence that energy beyond simply absorbing it? There was energy there, she could almost feel it as she concentrated, but how...

Then, she felt it. A trickle, a single ion seemed to break free of the bond and drifted into her. It was like she was pulling it apart, just by concenrating on the how of it. The sensation was so strange, so completely unnatural to anything she had ever felt in all of her studies, that an intense revulsion swelled within her, and without warning the plate flew out of her hands. The plate soared high above the crowd, losing its loose contents almost immediately. As it broke its zenith and began to descend, Faux's eyes traced the plate's trajectory, spotting the poor bystander that was about to get the goopy pudding still stuck to it all over him (Aryian).

The mind wouldn't process what just happened, instead shoving that perplexity aside for the more urgent and more managable delima of the bystander she was about to assualt with chocolate pudding. Faux took off in a dead sprint, weaving her way in and out of the crowd in some misguided attempt to get to him before the plate did. It was useless, she already knew that, but she had to try. It was that, or deal with the how of how the plate managed to get airborne in the first place.

As the last of the crowd fell away, Faux came to a sliding halt mere feet from her unintentional victim and immediayely covered her mouth with both hands. The plate had landed almost perfectly flat against his chest, stuck there by pudding and slowly smearing it as it slid down the front of his robes. If she wasn't so mortified it would have probably been hilarious.

"I...uh..." Faux trailed off, at a complete loss for words. What was she going to say? That she threw the plate with her mind or the plate threw itself? Neither seemed plausible.

Edited by Guest
WvXWkuw.png