Ilum

RaveN

Apparently the skeleton had a sense of humor after all- and used that to cope with beings surroundings. Rapidly blinking to speed up his brain switching from combat/emergency services mode to conversation mode, he watched as the Given started to rush towards the back as Knight let loose some PIT Droid lingo of alarm and irritation only slightly masked by a rush of liquid onto the floor. Vos moved to go the back as well, following the Given and seeing what his droids were doing. In his efforts to push the droids aside- Knight stumbled back a little- caught Vos’s eye, and then looked back to the Givin, then back at Vos.

The droid moved as if to attack the being for shoving him aside. Pulling the tiny flamethrower to bear against the ships occupant. Tobias set his jaw and pointed at Knight- who thankfully looked back and Vos shook his head and mouth the word ‘NO!’ The little droids head moved back and forth trying to decide if disobeying his master was worth it. After panning his lens for another few times between the two humanoids, Knight set the flamethrower back. The Givin did not seem to notice, and was soon crawling around shutting off this lever and that switch, closing that pipe and still talking!

Trying to keep up with the alien, keep track of his fellows in the caves below, and the girl on his ship. He was still connected to the crystals around him, and he felt a spike of anger from his apprentice. Tobias would see what was the matter at some point when they came back up to the surface.

But right here, right now. The Givin was warning the droids away from parts of the ship- in good faith. Ni took it the wrong way, feeling offended he mocked the Givin as the being bowed.

“I’d hate for you droids to get shocked by the very thing that powers you!” Ni said in a sing song voice. “Stars forbid you don’t know anything about machines or ships or anything.”

Despite being PIT Droids, and the single eye, both managed to communicate an eye-roll in full view of Vos. Knight was miming talking with his two little hands.

With a stern, commanding voice Tobias snapped at the droids; “Knight, Ni! You were programmed better than this, get your rusting servos moving and back aboard the Prism. Now.”

“Apologies Master Givin, my….” Tobias sighed, giving up a bit. “droids are quite… independently programmed.” Silently the two PIT Droids made their way to the other ship- in silence. They knew better than to carry on any further. “Those two, plus their brother are brilliant mechanics and back up- but sometimes they do get carried away.” Vos shrugged in a ‘what can you do’ gesture.

Sighing, as if he was releasing the tension of holding a great burden on his shoulders “If you are safe, I am more than willing to talk to you however I must leave this world soon and I have quite a plateful of duties- even here. Speaking of which- I must excuse myself and return to my patient back on my ship. We will be joined soon by my compatriots in the caverns. I’m sorry I must cut this short, I am needed in too many places at once. I only left my ship to keep yours from crashing into mine, and of course to see if I needed to rescue you.”

As Tobias began to back up towards the door he called out- “If you need me, I will be back aboard my ship- you are welcome to come aboard. Use the local comm channel to reach me. And, I am glad you found a Jedi when you were looking for us. Perhaps you did not realize you had already found one. You need only to look into a mirror.” Vos winked, and ducked out the ship- he started to run back to the YT-2000 and veer towards the boarding ramp- he knew the girl there was just coming out of her daze and proceeded with caution and care.

While he was outside he did take one moment to summon the Force around him- like a wisp of air it started at his feet and circled around him, as the visible light came up to his chest, he spun it in a measured gesture above his head- his right index and middle finger extended as his arm reached above him- and acted as if he were holding a whip. The vague glimmer shot back down to the caverns. The little bit of Force energy carried a message about what was happening top side- the recently freed prisoner was waking up, there was a new arrival top side- but not a threat, but there was some heavy Force vibrations he was picking up on and they needed to go. His Force-Message would find Adenna and Sandy. Silently whispering into their ears the message that they needed to go now.

The Droids were nowhere to be seen when Vos stepped back into The Prism. Thankful, He broke right and made his way to the cargo holds where the former prisoner has just recently woke up in. Taking a moment to compose himself, he knocked softly on the door and then entered. He found her kneeling and looking over something small in her hands.

With a warm tone, Tobias greeted the girl(Aurora), identifying himself and where the girl was. She was aboard a ship, on Ilum, with Jedi- if she knew the term. They had discovered her down in a cavern guarded by a Force Beast, claiming she was a prisoner. Her Force touch was that of a child's curiosity. Something like the first time he encountered Trushaun- a bit timid, despite the power they held.

It was only then, after introductions were made- that he replied to her question. His Kiffar features sagged a little- breathing out a giant bit of stress that he was harboring. He really needed a drink. A small chuckle, and his mouth curved into a small grin. “Probably not in the manner you mean. My body is expendable and will expire at some point- but…” he tapped the side of his head, “...my mind and Force Presence… was at one point. And perhaps it still is- but that is a deep conversation for later. I have introduced myself, and told you of where you are now- plus the companions that will soon join us on my ship. It is your turn, if you would please- and do you wish to leave this world? You are welcome- so long as you don’t try to kill us all.” Tobias laughed again at his own joke, sliding back onto his rear and placing his back and head against the wall of the cargo hold- his face and Force Aura showing his exhaustion. His desire for a alcoholic beverage could be felt as well if one were attuned to him.

While the others began exploring the caves for crystals and dealing with the strange woman they had found, Adenna found herself encountering something different. The Force was strong on this barren, frozen planet, and it called to her. Despite knowing how much of a folly it could be, Adenna ducked into a side passage as the rest of the group continued forward. She needed some time here alone to sense what could be sensed and figure out what it was that called her here, more actually, what repulsed the part of her she wasn't exactly fond of.

Every step she took grew harder and harder as the darkness within struggled against it. The parts that wanted to kill and murder rebelled at being in a place like this. It was almost as though it knew she were walking to a place it was vulnerable to, one that could resist and fight it. She opened herself to the Force, drawing more and more of the peace and benevolent energies into her and bleeding out the darkness.

Despite the cold, she took off one of her gloves and touched the ice crystals that lined the walls of the cave. Opened to the Force as she was, it seemed that darkness radiated out from each point of contact. All at once, an unnatural cold swept over her, sucking the breath out of her lungs, and sending her to her knees. The dark insanity gripped her, clawed at her soul, ripped at her mind, and fought to gain control of her with every bit of its strength. Memories of her unfortunate mental duel with Jidai Geki flashed before her, waves of despair and insanity threatened to drown her.

She could not defeat this malady on her own. Many times she had fought and, while she could win minor battles, every month she lost more and more ground in the battle for her soul. She knew that it had changed her and made her distant, cold, and even harsh. She had made some choices that she regretted, and let a lot of relationships fall apart that she should have paid attention more. Fighting the insanity she had been infected with from Geki had taken so much of her energy out of her that she couldn't focus on things that mattered and truly be there for those she cared about.

Something about this place, though, beckoned to her almost as though it wanted to help. It had been a long time since she had been at a wellspring of the light side of the Force, and at once she regretted waiting this long. Here, she wasn't alone, but had something helping her that was beyond herself.

Even as the dark insanity struggled to claim her, it couldn't stay contained and focused. With each touch of the frozen wall, more and more of it was being drawn out of her. Gasping in realization, Adenna took off her other glove and pressed both hands against the wall. Through the Force, she could all but see waves of black spreading around her touch, then slowly fading away as it was overwhelmed by the much more powerful light that permeated these caves.

Bit by bit, despite all of its best attempts, the darkness began losing ground within her mind. She threw everything into the effort that she had left and, aided by the pureness of the Force, began to rout the darkness. Her soul, long a battlefield known only to her and those who could pierce her emotional armor, was able to finally be at peace. As it retreated, the darkness left behind scarred and devastated "landscape," but now that she was finally able to claim victory she would be able to heal.

At long last, the last vestiges of the dark insanity left her, drained into the caves themselves, and was swallowed whole by the light side. Finally at peace, Adenna wept with joy and exhaustion. Victory was sweet, but she had suffered so much for so long that recovery wouldn't be instant. Still, she felt hope for the first time in years that she could one day recover and once again sleep soundly without guilt or constantly having to be on guard.

Slowly recovering herself, Adenna wiped the tears from her cheeks and straightened her robes and coat. Returning the gloves to her now freezing hands, she picked herself up and started getting her bearings once more. Reaching out to the others, namely Tobias and Sandy, she could feel the sense of urgency from the former to return to the ship. Looking back once more at the nondescript ice wall that had changed her so profoundly, she set off through the caverns on her way back to their ship.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Ironically the moment Kel had found a moment of peace, his mind was bombarded with visions of the Rakata and their dark history. the prospect of seeing ancient technology which normally excited him, was marred by deep bloodshed. Before kel had time to process the information that flooded unbidden into his mind, his fellow apprentice Frond had called out to him and reminded him of their original purpose in coming to this frozen world. "Yes... yes, you're right. i'm simply, overwhelmed."

At that moment their master arrived at the chamber we had been in for who knows how long. she instructed Kel to let the force flow through him and through it, he would find a crystal calling out to him. "Thank you Master, I'll be along soon." he then left the chamber and wandered through the caverns until he came upon a small cave filled to the brim with crystaline structures that shined like stars in the night sky. "Ah druk. how am i supposed to find a crystal in all of this?" As he contemplated his current predicament he thought back to the events that had lead him to this point. so much of what kel had come to believe in had been visible to him on the physical plain. yet after his arrival on Felucia and his training with master Sandy and frond, he had encountered phenomena he had not experienced before."Is this my test? To simply put my faith in the force? Well, it's not like I have any other options." he sat upon the cavern floor, crossing his legs in a meditative position, closed his eyes, and allowed the force to flow through him. Kel had allowed physical senses to blind him to the universes greater truths. but now he was beginning to see that through the force, all things are connected. the force flowed through him much more smoothly than before. the lights of the false lights of the cavern began to dim in his mind. All but one, a single solitary light in the force that shined as blisteringly bright as the sun, but at the same time warm and gentle, kel knew beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this was his crystal. he extended his hand and used the force to pluck the crystal from its icy perch and into the palm of his hand. the crystal was small. roughly the length and a half of the space between his knuckles. the color was a grassy green. it reminded him of the gardens in the felucian temple. firmly grasping the crystal in his hand, he ran to rejoin his fellows on the ship. upon his arrival he proudly showed them the crystal he had obtained.

5V8Toxy.png

Ficcabin chuckled to himself at the Jedi's last comment, not because he thought it was funny, but because he frankly had no idea how to react to such a comment. Was the Jedi serious? No more likely being jovial. But, that wink would've indicated something more serious, from what Ficcabin knew about human cultures. What did he mean by that? Look into a mirror? How....odd.

Surely he was joking. I mean, I'm a scientific philosopher, so maybe we think similarly. Jedi are philosophers, right? Ficcabin asked out loud to nobody there. The ship creaked in response, still cooling down from the crash. Yes yes, that must be it. We, the Jedi and I, are of the same breed. Philosophers. Yes, that's it.

But even saying this out loud didn't make him surer of the fact. If anything, it made him less sure.

Ficcabin shook his head and stood up suddenly. No matter! That is not what needs to be discussed. What I must figure out is whether or not to abandon my ship to go to theirs, or to take my ship back for immediate repairs. The small Givin began to pace around, muttering to himself. As he did, his fingers tapped the back of his neck, keeping track of the numbers he was quickly approximating for the entire situation.

This is a rare opportunity to encounter multiple Jedi. Given that I met one who claims he 'saved' me (Ficcabin doubted this at the moment), and that typical humanoids travel in the average of groups of 5-9 if I remember correctly, so I must put this at 700 units. That makes sense right? Right. However, if i go over there, i would be placing my ship at risk of being left behind if i choose to follow the Jedi, and since it is my only source of income and a little personal to me, I must place this at a negative of 585, though the damage adds a 38 Ficcabin stopped, tapping the back of his neck. Also, there is the fact that those droids may not like that I am a superior calculator to them. Their hostility was quite concerning and I'd be placing myself at risk with them. That would be a negative of 47, times the two of them... More tapping and more numbers added and more numbers subtracted.

It also could be a trap. Ficcabin paused, hating this thought. He had no idea how protective of their secrets the Jedi were. If they were as secretive as he feared, they may kill the Givin the moment he entered their ship. That would be a negative 150 for the risk. Which currently puts the total at... no wait, I must be missing something....

But he wasn't. Ficcabin racked his brain for anything to make the idea of going to the Jedi's ship more appeasable and sensible, mathematically or otherwise. But he could find nothing. And yet, this feeling, this desire to go over and introduce himself to any other Jedi and to question what that Master Vos meant by the mirror comment....it was overpowering. The desire to go was Illogical, but at the same time, it filled him with a sense of serenity. Like something greater was telling him to go. But he couldn't just make this decision that didn't make perfect sense...

Ficcabin collapsed against a wall, exhausted at thinking. He needed to simplify this. As he reached into his pocket, searching for anything to give him an idea, he felt something metal. He was slightly surprised to find that old coin-like object still inside, the emblem reflecting off the light.

This technically should be returned to the rightful owners.... Ficcabin chuckled. Oh yes, this is definitely at least a positive of 300. What kind of person would I be to value returning under the idea of a lesser value?

The Givin leapt up, excited at his conclusion. The object gripped tightly in his bony hand, he quickly rushed out into the freezing cold. His eagerness was slightly tamed by the weather, but not enough to slow him down. Soon he was at the entrance of their ship, slowly stepping inside, not wishing to interrupt anyone or anything. He had to admit, he looked very odd: a skeletal being in a flight suit, holding a Jedi relic, at the entrance of someone else's ship. Still, he was determined and waited nervously, too distracted by his own thoughts to be aware if anyone was coming up behind him.

MX8p3j4.png

Inwardly, Frond smiled at the presence of his newfound master rippling through the constant purity of the surrounding crystals. The smile was hesitant though, somewhere, somewhere nearby, a surge of darkness interrupted the innate and ancient purity of this place. Only for a moment though. Then it was gone, enveloped and dissipated by the overwhelming pure neutrality that was The Force. It was then, Frond knew, that it was time. He could feel it in his very beings. The crystals he had carried to this cavern were ready to be returned to their rightful home.

With a cracking and whirling sucking sound, Frond’s grainy body began to twist and morph, bark rolling back in on itself and branches coalescing into single thick bonds as the towering tree shrunk and swirled, flashes of golden yellow light radiating out into the dimness of the cave, bathing it in blinding light. Each twist and thrash of limbs and bonds, rattled the gently placed crystals in his knotholes as they shook and tumbled about the mass of thrashing leaves, bark, and branches until they came to rest in Frond’s clasped outstretched hands of the humanoid form of Frond; his hands held out in front of him with head bowed forward, eyes closed, and crystals entwined in his viney finger-like appendages.

Slowly, Frond opened his eyes to see Sandy standing there. With a brief smile and a silent nod to his master, he knelt amongst the outcroppings of crystals and cradling the reclaimed crystals to his chest with one arm, began to gently place them each back into the undisturbed sooty soil of the cavern.

”Are you my friends there. Again home.”

From his kneeling place amongst the crystals, Frond felt the twinge of a calling. Not his calling, like the one cracked crystal still nestled in one of his cranial appendages, but somewhere, nearby another call. Looking around in the dimness, the Neti’s eyes settled on the perfectly cubical gray crystal lying on the ground. Gently, he reached out, his tendrilled fingers enveloping the small geometrically sound crystal, palming it upwards towards Frond’s chest where he safely nestled it in a closing knothole; the crystal disappearing within his form.

Offering another warm barky smile to Sandy, Frond stood up, awash in the flowing energy of the crystals, he stared slightly downward at his smaller master, pondering her question for a moment before slowly answering,

”Purity. Purity draws of me The Force here. Power radiates me to the crystals,’ the call of The Force expanding. Dark nor light neither, call pure is their. Truth the like, passions and wills by sentient unadulterated of beings.”

Carefully, Frond spoke as he fell into step with Sandy and they made their way towards the surface, his fellow apprentice having ventured off into the caves on his own personal quest. Somehow, Frond knew that Kel would be alright. He was following the calling of The Force.

Trekking upwards and outwards, Frond paused in the midst of the temple, looking upwards with arms spread wide as if he was trying to take in the entirety of the massive ancient structure, the coolness of the air, and the invisible energy radiating from the planet.

”Mistress Sandy, return believe I here on should meditate someday to The Force.”

After standing for another moment, unaware as Kel made his way through another portion of the temple by them, Frond lowered his arms and inhaled deeply, every pore of his body taking in the cold air and with it the residual purifying energies of The Force. Then they set off again, out of the temple and back towards the ship, which, upon their arrival, seemed to be getting more and more crowded.

Coming in right behind a skeletal looking being, Frond paused. The cubical crystal within his chest twanged ever so slightly as Frond felt Ficcabin’s presence in The Force.

Interesting is this. Now not is but the time, ready crystal the not is.

Placing a large woody tendrilled hand on the Givin’s shoulder from behind he smiled.

”Brother welcome. Seeking you the Jedi what are with?”

Turning to Sandy, he queried,

”Apprentice another?”

XQ19Jfm.png

A hint of sadness flushed her heart as she realized that the Masters had not released her from her imprisonment, but rather these beings had instead freed her of of their own accord as described by the man before her, her hand dropping the boots she had found nearby, her silver hair shifting to a light blue just as her eyes glazed over with watery tears, the weight of guilt returning upon her burdened shoulders. Feeling alone and forgotten, she brought her arms up and played them across her knees that now buried themselves into her bosom, his words drowned out by thoughts for the moment.

Would she ever be forgiven? Was she even remembered? Were they even around or had the Masters moved on to other Galaxies? So many thoughts and questions ran amuck in her mind that she felt somewhat nauseous again, the thickening of her saliva causing her to feel like gagging, but she remained composed as she gazed upon the floor she sat upon. Slowly his words began to phase back in like emerging from beneath the water and her gaze shifted toward him, revealing her eyes as blue as her hair.

"Forgive me." She spoke, her voice still hoarse, yet soft and tender as she realized her rudeness despite the feelings tearing her heart apart inside. "I am Aurora Aquilo, Architect of the Masters, or was, before my imprisonment for my part in the rise of the Infinite Empire." Her gaze shifts away from his and returns to her forefront. "Not that I knew they would take the technology we granted them to turn on the Masters."

She could feel the goodness inside the man, even in his joke about an unarmed woman killing them. But sadness had taken her heart and she felt alone and unwanted in the sense that a child would once scolded by its parents for something that was not their fault and beyond their control. Perhaps she was unfit for the task she had been granted, or that had failed them by believing herself capable of seeing the truth in all people. But either way, despite feeling that her imprisonment was unjust, she wished that she had truly been forgiven and not awoken by those that found her.

Not that she wasn't grateful, but that she held mixed feelings about her newly found freedom as of the moment.

But before she could think anymore on the subject, others began to arrive, strange creatures she had never seen before and some that resembled some she had. Quickly and without asking, Aurora scurried over behind the man she was speaking to, hiding behind him as if she felt he would protect her against the universe, the blue of her eyes and hair shifting back to the silver that Tobias had originally gazed, giving a hint as to what separates her from the rest. Her hands upon his shoulder, her gaze shifted in and out of hiding as the others began to gather, both curious and fearful as to what and whom they were. What had she truly awaken to?

(For Kota)

A warm and benevolent presence began to reach out toward the young Togruta within the others company, first notable as a warm breeze despite the frigid temperatures that managed to reach even this far deep beneath the frozen surface. It would subtly tug at his heart, aching for him to follow the feeling away from the group and deeper into the cavern, yet not far from the others. It would surely be confusing at first, especially for one with so little training, yet, at the same time, it would feel as inviting as a mother's embrace, or even that of the young Knight he had began to crush upon.

Once he began to follow it, he would notice subtle yet familiar senses, such as the taste of Shili's atmosphere, or the smell of its fields, all the while the air within the cavern would grow warmer around him and the dirt beneath his feet would ache for him to connect with it. And as he turned down a small tunnel, he would be swept away into the memories of what his people were and why their connection to the earth was so important. It basic instincts would be tapped into, causing him to shed the humanized articles of clothing that he held so tightly to keep the coldness at bay and remained unaffected by Ilum's harsh atmosphere, almost as if he walked upon the planet of his people instead.

And there, in the back of the tunnel, a glow would begin to pulsate and emit, its call to him causing it to shift and rattle in the soil that contained it. To a standard onlooker with no knowledge of the Force or of the crystals, it would be a frightening sight to behold. Yet even in his inexperience, Kota would feel the need to approach, unafraid by what he would see before him, even as the crystal came into view and lifted its self from its nest and floated toward him, its color beautiful and reminding the young Togruta of Shili and his connection to the planet. It was almost as if the crystal itself had waited millenia for him to step within the caves, and knew of his life, perhaps even an understanding of it better than his own.

Nestling its self within his hands like a child within a parents, it settled, and Kota would finally understand the truth of the crystal he held. Its power was his power, and together, they were whole.

Ky4xNb5.png

"Forgive me, my mortal kin, for I knew not what I did."

The crystal called him. He couldn't explain it, but it's what Kota knew. Somehow it was there. He watched it as it approached his hands, or maybe he moved his own hands towards it? He couldn't decide. Instead, he looked deep into it's glass-like features. He felt a slight tinge within his spine as his fingers slowly grasped it. It was then that there was a rush within his own head. Darkness oozed around him quickly, turning the cave dark. Fog began to rise from the ground accompanied by a shrill scream or cry. Kota turned around to come face to face with Haata. His heart jumped up to his throat as he felt the need to breathe, but couldn't muster the strength to do so. Haata stood with a chain around her neck with a hulking figure hidden within the shadows holding the other end. She was wearing almost nothing, and the screams were slowly replaced with cheers and jeers towards her. An anger began to rise within him and he lifted his hand to reach out to grab her and save her from what had befallen her. But almost as soon as his hand was in range to touch her, she was pulled back with a vicious tug from the hulking figure, and Haata was dragged into the shadows, no longer within his own sight. The Hulking figure seemed to draw a weapon and began to step forward.

The shadow followed him, adorning him with a black hooded robe that hide who he was. With a sudden snap-hiss, a red blade emerged, forcing Kota to the ground to avoid being overtaken by the blade. As he hit the ground, a yellowish blade seemed to stand next to him. He turned his head slowly to see a man with brown hair standing at the ready along with another figure holding a blue blade. As he looked around, he realized that the two stood in the middle of eighteen hooded figures all holding burning red blades. He was suddenly overwhelmed with the sense that the two he looked at were going to die where they stood. With a loud piercing scream from one of the hooded figures, they all charged in at the two in the middle of their circle. Kota went to cover his head only to be pulled down what felt like a blackhole in a very loud vacuum sound. Instinctually he pulled his own arms forward to try to slow himself down.

The speed of which he fell seemed to only affect his mind, as a single object began to slowly appear before him. It was spinning quickly and rapidly. Kota quickly could tell that the object was cylinder in shape and it too also called out to him somehow. As he reached for it, the shrill screams returned and grew louder within his ear as he made every effort to reach forward the grab a hold of it. Somehow, Kota knew that if he could grab ahold of it, everything would stop. He did his best to reach and extend himself, and with every effort he put into reaching, the shrill screams grew louder and more ear piercing. Being overwhelmed with a feeling of desperation, he made a last reach. Upon touching the cylinder, the vacuum sound returned with the darkness being pulled away from the cave, only to reveal he was no longer in the cave, but the ship. As the vacuum sound died off, a very faint yet strong and deep sounding voice spoke loudly within his mind. "Follow the Guardian... The voice disappeared as did everything else. Kota was now sitting on his backside on the floor of the ship staring at a single crystal. It held a Viridian looking color and seemed to echo out a feeling of calm to him...

0iyHrmQ.png

Ficcabin, still in his startled and nervous state, nearly leaped in fright at the touch on his shoulder. He turned and was entirely surprised to find

My goodness, a tree! A giant wooden... Ficcabin stopped himself, trying not to be rude and trying to hide his surprise. It wasn't everyday one was on an icy planet and found a talking tree. It must have been with the Jedi.

The Jedi are seeking me? Ficcabin tried to translate the way the tree spoke to him. Ficcabin gave a nervous laugh No no, that must be impossible, the Jedi couldn't be seeking me since I only just arrived....unless Master Vos sent you to find me? Ficcabin’s spirits rose for a moment at the idea that the Jedi wanted him, followed by a brief moment of despair with the idea that perhaps the Jedi weren’t happy about his ship nearly crashing into the ruins.

Ficcabin looked the tree being over, curious about the individual. Then he noticed there were other beings (Sandy, possibly Kel) and he straightened up. He turned back to the tree like individual. My apologies, I must be terribly rude. My name is Ficcabin Yule. I recently.... Ficcabin tried to find an alternative word to crashing. His nervousness was palpable.

had to make a sudden landing after some complications involving an explosive device. I'm a sort of scientist philosopher and I came here...well to return this in hopes to learn from the Jedi. I assume you are a Jedi, like master Vos? Ficcabin held out the small coin, the emblem shining in the light of the cold world. He hoped this would lend some credibility to his story and that these individuals didn’t think of him as some common thief or worse, arsonist.

MX8p3j4.png

Frond’s smile was warm, albeit strangely warped, but what could one expect from a tree? Their minds, like their bodies, simply operated in a completely foreign way to most sentient species in the galaxy. Still, his smile should have portrayed his kindness and delight at meeting the newest member to their ever-growing band. It was apparent to Frond that the skeletal creature before him did not quite understand what he had said. This had always gave Frond pause to wonder, why was his speech so hard for others to comprehend? Was he not speaking the galactic base language like they?

Gently, the Neti reached out and tapped a single tendril-like knuckled finger square between Ficcabin’s eyes,

”You.”

“Seeking…”

Stretching out his other hand to indicate the ship and their travelling companions,

”What? Jedi?”

Frond could not help but appreciate this young seeker. Something was calling him to their group. The Force had willed him here. In contrast to the icy coolness of the cracked crystal within one of his wooden branchy limbs jutting out from his head, the cuboid crystal nestled in Frond’s chest glowed with warmth, much like a lantern that shed light, had it not been completely enclosed, and gradually heated all around it. It seemed to be reaching out, invisibly, for the strange animated skeleton before him. Nevertheless, Frond was not concerned about the strange appearance of the man before him. After all, The Force knew what servants it needed where. So a reanimated skeleton was not to be unexpected; unlike those abominations that Master Vos seemed to favor, the yippy clattering droids. Devoid of The Force, Frond saw them as little more than children born of the fantasy realm that they currently inhabited.

Perhaps. . .

Reaching out to take the coin that Ficcabin offered, Frond held it up to the glow of the synthetic light to study it momentarily, before gently setting it down on a nearby protrusion along the ship’s wall.

”I Jedi am not. Here am I learn from them the preserve to balance. Jedi of apprentice the I am of, trained growing can until I fight darkness the growing. Be must balance maintained, in crude even existence this.”

He softly explained as he quietly pondered the innately instilled curiosity in this newcomer. Instilled by the second crystal he had felt compelled to bring with them, Frond was pleased enough to find interest in the crystal’s desires as well as the expressed desire of Ficcabin. Always willing to be the teacher, Frond offered his newfound companion a chance to accompany him.

”On my work I constructing must lightsaber. My Jedi training is in part of it ways. Join would me you to like? Both together we learn maybe can.”

Seeing Ficcabin’s body tense in anticipation, Frond shuffled off deeper into the ship. Frond’s dislike of space travel continued to grow. Slowly the lack of real sunlight always took their toll on him. Thankfully, he’d always been able to get off the fascinating space-bound vessels in time to bask in the nourishing glow of whatever star they found themselves orbiting. Finding the small room that had been assigned to him during their trip to the icy planet of Ilum, he slipped inside with Ficcabin right behind. Turning on the synth-light to grant him whatever bit of nourishment it could, he settled into the corner, leaving the bunk free for his bipedal companion.

”The Force like you would to Jedi and learn of the ways to?”

((Ficcabin’s actions approved by PC owner.))

((Ficcabin and Frond are going to go on a brief Mind Walk for anyone who might like to follow and crowd into the small room (should limit us somewhat). There, Beyond Shadows, Frond is going to work on his saber, combining his Jedi learning with his Mindwalker origins. He’d also be willing to show a bit of the world there to anyone interested in exploring))

XQ19Jfm.png

Ficcabin nodded at the first question the tree gave to him. He was indeed seeking the Jedi, to learn from them about their beliefs. Their traditions. He didn't say it was for a theory he was creating, since that would probably confuse the tree and the others around him (he had found that most non-Givin didn't fully appreciate his goal), but he was sure that he could communicate that he was a student first and a student last.

He wasn't sure why, but this tree being intrigued him. Something drew Ficcabin to him. It wasn't just curiosity, though that in part did influence him. It was similar to that feeling when the ship crashed. The definite presence of a fleeting serenity that he had felt in the highest moment of tension. However here it was more of a yearning feeling of restlessness, not one of peace in a time of trouble. A thirst and hunger that needed to be supplied.

So you aren't a Jedi, but you are a... apprentice? Ficcabin translated, making sure he got the sentences correct. Training to be a guardian of balance? Interesting. Balance like a math equation, where all things must equal out? For if exactly two and exactly two exist on one side, the other must exist with the sum or difference of four, neither more nor less. Is this what you mean? Ficcabin couldn't help but wonder if this 'balance' the tree being spoke of was a part of the Jedi's tradition or just his own. It did ring with Ficcabin's personal beliefs dealing with mathematics if nothing else. After all, all sides of the equation balanced out, did they not? Sure they may be rearranged differently or separated out in some form that is almost unrecognizable, but in the end, 2+2=8-4.

The offer took the small scientist by surprise, pleasantly so. If this apprentice was offering to allow Ficcabin to take part and observe a training session, Ficcabin eagerly accepted, though he wondered what involved in the construction of a lightsaber.

As Ficcabin followed the tree being, his thoughts momentarily went back to his learning days back on Yag'Dhul. Those were the days when numerous scholars, scientists and philosophers beat the secrets of the universe into his head. Ways of thinking were studied over and over again, searching for new ideas to implore. And the mathematics had been constantly tested with each idea. Still, his thoughts turned to the more philosophical teachings. While Ficcabin failed to notice the tree's dislike of the confines of space, he instead remembered some of the questions he never fully answered. The sum of the universe, the absolute value of an individual, the largest digit that could exist in one person....all of these floated about. Ficcabin wondered if this was to be like those lessons, the ones he never fully understood.

Observing that the tree decided to leave the bunk open, Ficcabin took to it and sat on it cross-legged. He looked around the room briefly, appreciating the near perfect cube shape it was, and then returned his focus on the tree.

The force like me....would I like to learn the ways of the Force...like the Jedi? The question confused Ficcabin. Didn't he already know what force was? Heck, Givin children under the maturity age knew what force was. Force...mass multiplied by acceleration. Was this a trick question? Ways of the Force. He had said 'The Force', not just force. Obviously it was a name for something greater then just the mathematical term. At least he hoped so; otherwise this entire adventure was for nothing.

Ficcabin realized he had been silent for what felt like too long. He shook his skeletal head from mathematical thoughts. Um, well yes, I guess I would. But I must ask, what is the Force?

MX8p3j4.png

Frond smiled at Ficcabin. He was pleased to see someone so inquisitive and willing to learn, even if he seemed to struggle to understand even the mere basics. Spreading his arms out to take in the small cramped room he spoke, his voice slow and methodically wooden,

”The Force. Is The Truth The Force. The Force who makes us are we what. Fantasy more than we are crude this.”

He rapped his wooden fist on the small bedside table, emphasizing his point.

”The Jedi like, are all seeking we. Seek for some power. Seek for some knowledge. Seek for some truth. Seek for some balance. Own seek their gain for many too. The Jedi even. Light and dark, does it matter not. The Force what is matters. More nothing. Enough The Force of knowledge is not. Show the truth me let you.”

Slowly, Frond creaked as he extended an open tendrilled hand to Ficcabin,

”My hand take. From you severe this world I to fantasy will guide yourself. See shall you then The Force of the truth.”

As Frond offered to take his new comrade to travel Beyond Shadows with him, excited as he was to share his eons of knowledge with the youngling, he did not think to warn Ficcabin about the inherent dangers of such a task. To Frond, the risk was more minimal and should his body succumb Frond was quite happy to return to become one with The Force. So why wouldn’t any other seeker of the truth?

Gently grasping Ficcabin’s hand in his overgrown large tendrilled limb that passed for a hand, he instructed the Givin,

” Your eyes close. Open your mind. Guide to you allow me.

One. . . There is none but The Force

Two. . . I am but a disciple of The Force

Three. . . The Will of The Force will right all wrongs

Four. . . The Force guides all, but each is free to choose right from wrong

Five. . . All knowledge and power is of The Force

Six. . . The Force is life.

Seven. . .”

Frond’s mind reached out and gently enveloped the edges of his fellow sojourner’s, gently mingling his consciousness with Ficcabin’s, guiding him as he counted, reciting the code he had been taught many many centuries before, picturing in his mind and urging the same vision to his comrade, the single spoken digit. As the number seven appeared in their collective consciousness, all feelings ceased. No longer could they feel the air about them. The pains and bodily sensations each had been accustomed to since birth vanished as if they had never been, and together their minds gently drifted on what could only be described as an expanse of eternity. Their bodies remained in Frond’s quarters, unmoving, save for the calm deep breath that each took as bodily instinct; alive, but disconnected from any and all stimuli inwardly and outwardly.

((To avoid confusion here, Frond and Ficcabin’s adventures Beyond Shadows will be posted in The Dejarik Board, located here: http://jedirp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22910&start=20 ))

XQ19Jfm.png

The Infinite Empire?! If he had not been so tired, Tobias would have jumped with surprise. What masters did she speak of? It was as if a supernova exploded in his mind with how much power this surprise caught him. However, since Tobias was exhausted he did none of these things. His eyes analyzed the girl before him, she looked timeless- removed from time completely- not a noticeable flaw on her face. Undisturbed for thousands of years… maybe. By the time his mental legs caught up to him, he was hesitant to believe this girl- she could be anyone really. Testing her Force Aura, he determined that she wasn’t lying- and that baffled him. How was it that she was imprisoned? Would these Masters come seek retribution for breaking her out of her prison? Were they even still around: The Masters?

Dredging his memory again he walked backwards to the time he had spent Beyond the Veil. Had anyone other than The Circle been called Masters? There were some that were from the Infinite Empire- two Rakatan that existed Beyond the Veil. The one had even given a lecture Vos attended on the advantages and disadvantages of imbuing objects with the Force. He idly wondered if she knew any of the same beings he did in that realm.

All he needed now was a blender and he could make a Mental Quagmire Smoothie. That just sounded revolting… especially with the ingredients he was stocked with. The girl spoke with a raspy voice and suddenly he realized that he had not offered any food or water to her. There wasn’t even anything on hand in the cargo hold.

Reaching out with his right hand- he mentally recalled one of the canteens in the storage room. He had put them in there himself, knew how much they weighed- knew what the cold fabric felt like in his hands- the metal clasp on the cover of it- closing his eyes- he felt the girl physically rush to him, bump into him and her hand on his shoulder, but he still held his concentration on the task at hand; he only needed one more moment.

The canteen *popped* into his hands with a bit of displaced air sounding around his hand. Then he felt everyone start to come aboard. The Given, was first- the skeleton could be seen down the hallway through the open door of the forward cargo hold. Kota was in the middle of the common room- but Tobias didn’t feel him as he entered… interesting. It’s as if he just came into being there in the room. Tobias flooded his presence with welcome and acceptance. Ficci would feel it- and hopefully migrate to the common room of the ship, where Kota was.

Frond was next, followed by Sandy and Kel. Adenna was not far behind them, he felt her as she moved up from the depths of the cave. Each of them had changed. Whether they knew it or not- Tobias did. Silently, he offered the canteen full of water to the girl- Aurora.

She was skittish- but this was a lot to take in all at once, after a long nap. Pressing the cold container into her hand, he smiled and put acceptance along with patience into the Force- knowing the girl would feel welcome, and there was no rush to come out. “Don’t fear, little one. These are my companions. I must go speak with them- and we will have to leave Ilum. You can stay in this room, you do not have to meet everyone just yet. You’ve been going through an ordeal for a few years. They are curious about you though. But it is your decision. Drink the water- I will be back with food after speaking with them.” Tobias smiled, and slowly rose with a soft groan. Arching his arms back in a stretch- he again grunted with the exertion, this time with obvious pleasure at the stretch. Rubbing his chin, he realized he hadn’t shaved since he Felucia. But he was open to regrowing his beard out again, idly, he wondered if Adenna liked him with a beard, He could get used to being scruffy. Taking a step forward, he braced himself against the doorway and looked towards the center of the ship. Extending his arms, he brought his body back in, then looked to Aurora “Trust me, kiddo. Come out whenever you feel like it.” He winked, and took a step out into the corridor. Looking left, the cockpit was down the hallway- to his right, the common room and the crescent hallway that lead to cabins. Realizing he needed more bunks, he stashed that away for later. Some folks would just have to sleep on the floor.

Sandy would have her own room, of course. While tobias, owner of the ship, would have his own room with Adenna. Frond seemed comfy in any situation. Kel, Kota, and Ficc however…. Pushing the thought aside for now- he walked to the common room. Frond and the Givin seemed to have scurried off to one of the cabins. Hopefully to construct Frond’s blade. The two were in dropping rapidly into a state Tobias visits on occasion. He smiled a little- perhaps the Neti had taken the Givin off for his first lesson. Tobias knew he’d have to tell Frond he was doing a good job- showing initiative.

Strolling back into the common room Tobias looked around at the gathered individuals. Kel, Kota, Adenna and Sandy.

“Even on this desolate planet, our group has grown by two more. Aurora-” Tobias gestured to the front of the ship, one of the cargo holds and continued.

“Then you each probably saw the new lawn ornament for the Enclave. A Givin was piloting… and mostly crashing. His name is Ficc… something. I think he and Frond are in one of the cabins… Anyways. It’s time we left.” The ship rocked as the engines started up, right on queue.

“But there are a few things I need to inform you all of. One, Coruscant has suffered an impact event from one of its moons. Details are very scattered- there are casualties of course. From what I have pieced together is that it was a glancing hit- but even that would cause catastrophic repercussions. Two, an armada of ships has attacked the Imperial Shipyards of Kuat. Unknown source.. But it’s quite clear that we need to get back to the galaxy.” Again, right on queue the ship rocked and started to rise to space.

There were tables and chairs in the common room, along with a fabricated bench and table combo like one would find in the Jedi Lunchroom, that was welded to the wall. That is where Tobias settled, his legs were straddling the bench with his back against the wall. An ale was in his hands, after he had visited the refrigerator. Monitors lined the room, perched up high on the wall almost touching the ceiling. One feed was showing a reporter on a ship with several VIPs and they were talking about the repercussions.

“We’re just jumping closer- seeing if we can establish contact with anyone else from the Jedi Order. Or if we hear anything from the Imperials or the G-A. Unless anyone else has other suggestions?”

And the hum of the hyperdrive kicked in as they shot into the azure haven. He didn't just address the two knights in the room, he opened suggestions to everyone. Sometimes the best eyes were brand new eyes, the apprentices opinion mattered as well.

As Tobias left the room, Aurora, ever fearful, sat alone in the desolate room, staring toward the canteen. What was this she held in her hand? He had mentioned water, but in her day, water was carried in leathered pouches. Looking at its top, she went to twist it, feeling the turn of its lid beneath her palm, and continued unscrewing it. The pouches of her day had something similar, though less effective. Taking a drink, or two, or three really, she thought on his words as her hair returned to it's natural brown albeit lighter due to the fear that still settled upon within her. He seemed nice enough, so perhaps his companions would. A glimmer of hope emitnated momentarily from her presence before doubt returned.

But what of the Masters? Were they here upon this Ilum he mentioned? If so, wouldnt they be servants of the Masters attempting to trick her? Aurora's hair flared a brilliant red as she grew angry toward her train of thought, even going so far as to slap her cheeks with both hands. She hadn't felt the Masters presence since she awoke, and these beings, this ship, nothing spoke of any affiliation to the Masters. Plus the leader, Tobias, he was blessed with the Mother's breath, the essence of her will that flowed through everything. Creeping to the entrance of the hold, Aurora stared outward down both halls, their voices echoing as they spoke.

It took all she had not to tip over and scurry away as the engines of the ship fired up, the ship rocking to life with a large roar that spooked Aurora momentarily. She may have been a timid creature as of now, but even she knew the workings of a ship. She had been aboard many of the Master's during her time of service, and this was nothing new, despite the racing of her heart saying different. Gathering herself, she stood, carefully walking down the hall that led toward the voices, her hands near her mouth as she listened.

"Coruscant? She wondered to herself as she eavesdropped, her knowledge of the name limited. She seemed to recall a planet recently taking the name, but she was unsure if they were talking about the same one she remembered, nor this Kuat they spoke of. Again the ship shook, causing her to stumble in her balance and fall into the hall's frame, a large thud resounding as she stiffened up and held her breath in hopes that she had not been heard. Once Tobias began talking again, she relaxed.

Moments later her form would emerge from the hallway into the common room where most had gathered and had been discussing the events, fear still evident in her posture and actions as she gazed about toward the companions he had mentioned, most notably the orange humanoid with horned features. She had never gazed upon his kind, and Parton her was curious as to what he was, as well as the strange clothing and weaponry they all wore. Were they servants as she was, a rebellion against the Rakata whom had rebelled against the Masters? The term Jedi, the GA, the Imperials, all were unknown to her as much as they were. And as the ship hit hyperspace, Aurora fell flat on her butt, lost in the thoughts of what they had been discussing.

"Jedi? Imperials?" She managed to muster, her voice slowly returning to its gentle soft tone as she stood up slowly, allowing her equilibrium to return. "What of the Infinite Empire, the Masters, and the rebellion?" She questioned frantically, realizing that she may have been imprisoned alot longer than she had been thinking.

Ky4xNb5.png

"Forgive me, my mortal kin, for I knew not what I did."

Even as she returned to the ship she had spent so much time on, it didn't seem the same. Adenna shook off her cold weather gear and began storing them with the rest of the gear. When she was done, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Looking out through the narrow corridors to the others as they returned, she saw them in a new light. Gone was the ever present overlay of darkness, offering its own morbid and unwanted advice to every scene. Gone was the need to constantly struggle just to keep it under control. It was a lot to take in being so normal, she wasn't sure how to start once more. The Universe and even the Force itself felt like it did when she first came to the Jedi and began learning. It was more pure and reaching out to it was a comfort, not a struggle.

As she went up to the cockpit, she noticed a couple of newcomers. She wasn't sure what to make of them, but if they were here and Tobias' droid guardians weren't going ballistic, then clearly Tobias was aware and okay with it. Frond seemed to be drawing heavily on the Force, drawing the odd non-human with him. The plant Jedi was quite interesting, and she made a mental note to get to know him a little better when she could. There were many things to learn from an ancient creature and she would like to learn much more than she knew now. The odd girl, well, she had no idea what to make of her. Adenna had been too absorbed in dealing with her own issues to have kept track of what was going on in the rest of the planet. Apparently, they had a new guest, though she had always thought that nobody lived on Ilum.

She could hear the ship's power system starting up as Tobias prepared them to launch. She didn't know where they were off to, and that saddened her a little. She had spent so much time in an almost daze, constantly focused inward fighting her battles while he had handled everything. She just followed his lead and relied on him to make all the decisions. It seemed that, when she decided to trust him all those months ago, her choice had not been a bad one. She was proud of him and all he had done despite everything that opposed him and had happened.

Her eyes fell upon a figure and her heart stirred. Sandy Sarna. Adenna wished that she had been there for the girl--no, woman--more and it pained her that she had not. Thank the Force that Tobias had stepped up and taken care of the green eyed woman, who knows what would have happened if he hadn't. She looked over her former Padawan with her eyes and the Force, testing what was there, seeing her with eyes no longer clouded and tainted and she was proud of what she saw. Gone was the hesitant, shy girl, replaced with a woman who was confident and knew her place in the Galaxy. Gone was the broken girl, shattered on Thalassia, replaced with a woman who wove that tragedy into strength and wisdom. For a long time, the two had been here on this ship, but, because of Adenna herself, they hadn't bonded. It was perhaps her greatest regret and she wanted to make it whole.

Without words, and sincerely hoping that Sandy wouldn't be too perplexed, Adenna wrapped her arms around Sandy and hugged her tight as she fought back tears of regret, sorrow, joy, and pride.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• 6 months later...

As the transport dropped out of hyperspace, Mjan took in the view of Ilum. Its pearl like atmosphere was unlike anything he had ever seen before, the mixture of white and light blue mimicking a desert like planet in almost every aspect except for the temperatures being way below freezing as he scanned the planet. Turning, his gaze shifting to Aira. 

"We've arrived Master." He spoke, pulling at his light clothing with jest. "I may have underdressed for this occasion."

The moment we dropped out of hyperspace, I heard Ilum's call. The planet sang, weaving a seductive tune like a siren drawing travelers to a watery grave. It was hard to ignore the song, and for a moment, I didn't try, but rather, sat there quietly, my gaze transfixed on the white-and-blue planet below. The song spoke of welcome, whispered of danger, hinted at change, and trumpeted destiny. It was intoxicating, and it was beautiful. 

Mjan's voice snapped me out of my trance, and my lips twitched. "You'll be fine. Take us down to coordinates 199 by 39278."

My padawan obeyed, and soon, the shuttle landed with the hiss of jets on an open plain bordered on the west by icy mountains. The wind was howling in a blizzard, and the white-out conditions meant that we could see only a few feet in front of us. Nevertheless, I motioned for Mjan to follow me closely, then lowered the ramp. The wind struck us with a vengeance, shooting daggers through my clothing and taking my breath away with the sheer cold. The Force lent speed to my feet as I darted down the ramp and headed towards the mountains. It was only a five minute run, but it felt like we were out in the blizzard forever. Finally, my outstretched had touched solid ice. I sent a wave of the Force out, and suddenly, eerie blue light lit the scene. The color shot up the mountain of ice, forming an intricate patterned doorway. For a moment, it glowed brighter, and then it split in two. The door ground open, and we darted in. It closed behind us with a thud, and suddenly, everything was utterly silent. The sound of the wind howling outside was completely cut off, and the air grew significantly warmer.

We were standing in a round chamber that stretched hundreds of meters up, the walls formed of ice and crystal. Etched into the floor in the very center of the room was the emblem of the Jedi Order. The illumination in the room was provided by the crystals, which glowed in all the shades of the rainbow. "Welcome, padawan," I murmured, "to the Crystal Caves of Ilum. For millenia, Jedi have come here to choose their lightsaber crystals, and to face the test of the caves. Today, you will follow in their footsteps, joining this great tradition stretching back through the years. This is a sacred place, whose secrets we have jealously guarded."

I crossed to a step carved into one wall, and with the Force, tripped the interior trigger, revealing that it was actually a storage compartment containing winter coats. I handed one to Mjan and slipped into the other one myself. 

"Your goal is to enter the caves and collect your lightsaber crystal. Not just any crystal will do: the Force will reveal the correct one to you." I said nothing about the tests that he would face, though there would be many. "I will monitor your progress from here. But take care: return here by planetary sunset or we will be sealed in overnight, and even these warm jackets won't prevent us from freezing to death."

I placed a hand on his shoulder. "I believe in you, padawan. Now go."

((OOC: I want at least three posts. As per tradition, you'll have to face some kind of spirits/ghosts who will test Mjan--this will be the Trial of Spirit. But I also want you to incorporate illusions, tricks, or traps of some sort--for the Trial of Insight. Have fun!!))

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

As soon as Mjan stepped out onto the plains of Ilum, not only did the fridged air nearly take away his breath, but the swirling vortex of energy emanating all around them began to pull at his mind. It called to him, like thousands of voices all at once, and it took all he had to guard his mind against it as he kept up with Aira amidst their blinded trek. Shifting his gaze toward the sky above, Mjan noticed the rumbling storms above, similar to what he had once read about the ancient planet of Tython and he wondered if this planet was similar in the aspect of the Force. It was only when he felt his Master's use of power and the display of lights that followed did his mind return to reality.

Mjan was amazed by the wall of ice as it opened up before them, but he paid no heed as he followed Aira quickly inside to retreat from the storm. But once inside, even as the air grew warmer, Mjan found himself slightly distracted by the room upon which they had entered. The darkened walls, adorned with thousands of littered crystals reminded the young Padawan of space, or perhaps time, as it illuminated the chambers center and felt as if they stood upon a chamber that saw and knew all, even if it was unable to communicate. Only Aira's words shook him from his wonderment.

"I see Master. And rightfully so. The Force is gathered here so strongly, and most of the crystalline forms here seem to only amplify it. Mjan spoke in a serious but humbled tone as he took the coat Aira handed him and bundled himself up with as his gaze shifted about. "I better get to it then. I'm not familiar with this planet, so I have the slightest clue when its sun begins to set.

Taking a step toward the center of the room, Mjan opened himself up to the Force, allowing his mind to wonder about before he took anymore steps, many halls leading off in every direction, searching for the crystal that called to him. Mjan wasn't for sure if it was the right way to proceed forward, but as his Master had pointed out before, one only needs to open their mind to what is possible in the Force, and at this moment, this was the closest thing Mjan felt to being right.

Suddenly Mjan felt a singular thought crossing his mind without his control, something that had been plaguing him since he returned from his adventure. He wasn't for sure why it came to him, but I flowed as naturally as the Force that surrounded him. What kind of Jedi did he wish to be? It was as if the path before him echoed of this singular decision and now the Force beckoned an answer. Mjan thought long and hard for a moment, realizing who he was and what it had always meant for him, and finally the answer came to him. Not only would he become a beckon of hope for those around him and those he swore to protect, but a beckon of hope for his own kind as well and for those who wished to follow the same path he now walked.

Suddenly the path before Mjan was illuminated by the Force in his eye, as if it beckoned him to follow, and at the end of it, he could feel the soft and whisper call of the crystal that had chosen him. It was as if it knew he would come here eventually one day, and knew what path he had chosen even before he did. As for its call, it wasn't that of a sound or that of a voice, but rather a feeling of the heart that ached to follow a certain path. Turning to Aira as he stepped forward and off to the left, Mjan smiled a soft hearted smile before disappearing into the darkened hall and deeper into the caves.

((Post 1 of 4))

((Legal Double Post))

The cave and its crevasses and caverns were infinite and winding, turn upon turn as the Tsis followed the call he felt. Blind to the darkness that surrounded him, Mjan could only follow a tendrical sense that wrapped itself around his mind and pull him toward it, his own gaze occasionally loosing focus as other things caught his eye here and there. One such thing was the blackened stone of which the walls were formed from, capable of absorbing the very light that shown upon them. He stopped briefly, touching it, and wondering its properties and why it acted so.

That was when Mjan heard the chuckle, his gaze shifted toward its direction as he saw the translucent figure of a Kissai child running a few meters before him, puzzling the Jedi Padawan. "A Tsis? On Ilum?" Mjan questioned to himself without uttering it aloud as he fastened his pace in its direction. Turning the corner it trekked, Mjan followed, hearing its laughter and inaudible words echoing in the distance, catching a glance of its figure occasionally here and there as it crossed from cover to cover ahead of him. It wasn't until he came upon a large chamber that Mjan saw the figure full before him. And what he saw, his eyes couldn't believe.

It was his living chamber back on Krayiss, from the mortared fireplace to the meditation chamber down the hall. And the figure before him was that of his own self, back during a time when ignorance was bliss and he still held the innocence of childhood. Confused Mjan approached the child he once was, and knelt beside it, placing a hand upon his shoulder as he went to turn himself around. But as he touched it, he found himself seeing through the eyes of his childhood and what the day he was seeing stood for him.

Around the corner, Mjan gazed toward the meditation chamber as a Tsis Royal Guard stood before his father, questions and words being thrown about a child of royal blood having been born out of wedlock, words of an illegitimate bastard son who threatened the rightful heir to the Adas Dynasty. And his father denying his existence, saying that Mjan lost his mother during childbirth and that he held no clue as to whom the guard spoke of. Dissatisfacted, the guard left, and Mjan's father saw Mjan watching.

As his father approached, he told Mjan of who the guard had been searching for, and that if he was ever found out, his half brother would have him executed to serve as an example. And so Mjan would grow up under the Sadow name, and forget all about who his mother was. And for a time, Mjan did, his servitude to the Sorcerer's of Tund being the only truth he knew. And as time passed, that was the only thing that mattered.

Mjan came back to reality, quickly removing his hand from upon the visage of his younger self as it turned to meet his gaze. It reached it's small hand up and stroked his cheek and the patch that now covered his eye, saying not a single word as it smiled and slowly vanished into a collecting mist of steam as Mjan stood up. Collecting himself, and partially ignoring what had just transpired, Mjan searched for the call he had felt earlier. And when it came to him again, this time it was louder and stronger, aching for him to rush himself and come toward it. And as he quickened himself, Mjan's mind only remained on why he saw the vision of his past and why here would this place choose that memory to serve whatever purpose it chose.

((Post 2 of 4))

In the stillness and holiness of the crystal cave, I found peace. It was as if a burden I hadn't known I was carrying was suddenly lifted. The weight of sorrow, of helplessness, of darkness that had been on me the past few months faded. The pain was still there, but the quiet seeped into my soul and make the burden easier to bear. 

I waited, slipping in and out of meditative trances, monitoring Mjan's progress through the Force but keeping my metaphorical distance. This was his journey to undertake. I believed him ready. I only hoped that I was right.

As Mjan traveled deeper into the caverns beneath the Temple, the mist began to grow thicker, the air warmer and stifling. But the humid air was nothing he was unfamiliar with. It was much like the climate of his people's homeworld, humid and dusty despite the frigid appearence of the real world above. Or so it seemed to the young Tsis as he derobed the coat that Aira had given him and tied its arms around his waist. Continuing onward, Mjan could feel the call growing closer and closer, its presence as if shouting his name, visions beginning to cloud his mind.

It was a history he knew all too well, the history and lineage of his true mother, the heritage of the Adas. Visions of war, brutal and vast began to play before his eyes, a armored leader at its head through countless battles and bloodbaths, a product of the darkside portrayed and rallied behind as the armored warrior held it highly and weilded ot deadly, as the chosen carved out his legacy. But for Mjan, it felt as if he had walked into a dream amongst the most, the visions portrayed before him upon its lingering translucent form as it grew thicker. Slowing his pace to a walk, unsure of what he was walking into, Mjan made his way forward with caution.

More battles were envisioned, as each of the clans were conquered one by one until the armored being sat above all, his kingdom immortalized by his Godhood and he took upon the title of Sith'ari, his blade sharpened by bone and blood and his magic as powerful and adept as any before him. And Mjan only watched, his golden gaze trying to figure out the purpose of what he saw, its history known for nearly thirty millennia. Yet, here, it was unedited and raw, truth revealed where history changed. 

"Why is the Force showing me this evil legacy of mine?" Mjan questioned to himself, part of him trying to understand the lesson presented while the other half wanted to look away in shame. "I've already chosen to be a Jedi first and Tsis second, becoming a bridge as much as a beacon of hope for those who follow. So why show me this?"

As he questioned this in his mind, the most engulfed him so thickly that he couldn't see his hands before him as he reached out to find the walls of the cavern he had walked into, and with a single step forward, Mjan felt the ground beneath him disappear and gravity took hold as he plummeted as good twenty to thirty meters before he landed in what appeared to be a pool of crimson blood. Horrified by the gore he saw covering his form as he stood up, Mjan's eye natural darted about. And before him sat a new field of battle, the twisted and grotesque forms of a nearly forgotten race laying upon the ground around him, and in the center before him stood a charcoal skinned mirror of Mjan himself wielding the very axe the armored God-King Adas once weilded as he turned to face Mjan.

Snarling, the Tsis charged toward Mjan as Mjan activated the blade he still held clipped to his side in a mere matter of seconds, his hatefilled words lingering in his traverse. "Isdavy.... Jidai"

((Post 3 of 4))

((Legal Double Post))

As saber met blade, sparks erupted, the two Tsis engaged in a battle as old as their species. A tear streamed down his cheek as he realised the irony of it before him, the knowledge that even though he followed the light, he was still pitted against his own and those that took up the mantle of his kin. But this being before him, this God-King know as Adas, he was the worst. He may have labeled Mjan as betrayer, but it was he who truly betrayed the Tsis. And the glare that Mjan held upon his eye beneath the sparks and glow of the saber said more than he realized.

"You are the betrayer Adas. Mjan finally retorted aloud, spitting the words through his gritted teeth. "You slaughtered our kin by the hundreds of thousands as you brought each of our houses under your banner! And for what? A meaningless title?

"I am the chosen, the Sith'ari. I brought our people together, unified them under what was rightfully mine." The charcoal skinned being spoke with conviction, his hatred for Mjan fueling him as he pressed his axe down upon Mjan's blade, forcing Mjan backwards. "Look at me. My very skin speaks of what was foretold. It was my duty... a duty you have disgraced by falling to the light, by following your pathetic Jidai code."

"No. Your legacy is stain in blood, a legacy that I, your descendant, carry in shame. I could follow the light for a thousand years and still not wash it from our name." Mjan spoke as he struggled to press back, his knees aching to buckle as he pressed harder against the axe's hilt with his own, the strain evident upon his sweating face. "And in the end, you died, leaving behind only a name and failure. As soon as you died, the unification broke and the infighting continued... even now. You accomplished nothing. Such is the path of darkness."

"You know nothing of the darkness, Jidai. It was because of that our people remained free, even against the mighty Rakata! Adas spoke, reeling backwards and away from Mjan as he drew ready his blade for another attack. "And it will end you just as well Isdavy!"

Mjan closed his eyes briefly, letting the Force flow through him as he realized that even in death, his kin of both past and present were bound by their very hatred and ignorance, letting the truth of his sight see things for what they really were. And in the moment he opened his gaze, tears streamed from them in sorrow, just as his blade clashed once again with the alchemic blade of his forefather. "They are not free. Hate binds them, just as it does you. Peace is the only way to break the chains of their emotions.

"Hahahaha." Adas chuckled as he released his pressure and spun upon his heels and lowered his stature using the weight of his blade to spin attack Mjan's abdomen. "Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

Mjan dodged his attack barely, the blade of the axe tearing at his robes. "Only the ignorant would truly believe that. There is no emotion, only serenity and harmony."

Adas attacks again, this time attempting to bring the axe's blade straight down upon Mjan's head, causing Mjan to react by pressing his saber against the attack, Adas spewing more words in contest as he bares down upon the Tsis Padawan more and more. "Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through Power, I gain victory."

Mjan still streams tears of sorrow as Adas presses forward, the young Tsis realizing how lost the soul has became. And yet, even with the Force's aid, he knows himself unable to defeat him in truth, only postpone the inevitable. Digging his feet into the darkened dirt beneath him, gathering all the strength he and the Force could muster, Mjan manages to catch Adas off balance and forces the blade upwards as he places his hand upon the burning training blade. With one final effort, fighting through the pain, Mjan pushes Adas backwards one last time.

Mjan deactivates the blade, lowering the hand that wields it, accepting his fate as he said he would so that others may one day know his story and follow it. He didnt want to die, but he would this day so his newfound understanding of the Force would become a part of its whole, that his will and it would become one. Just as Adas' final attack, all of his anger and hate for his descendant becoming a Jedi fueling his rage, Mjan stood firm in accepting his fate as the Force wills it. "There is no death, there is the Force."

And silence filled the air....

Moments would pass as Mjan stood there, waiting for that final blow. But all he would feel was warmth, a pulsating call tugging at his very soul, and as he opened his gaze, that was when Mjan saw it floating before him. No longer was Adas or the corpses surround him, the cavern as black as the night's sky save for the singular glowing yellow crystal before him. And as Mjan reached his shaking injured hand forward to grasp it, a whisper carried itself upon the wind as his hand began to heal with the touch of the crystal. "Jidai"

((Post 4 of 4))

Things weren't going the way I had planned. I was jerked out of my meditation the moment I sensed Mjan claim his crystal. "Well that was...different," I said aloud. Either I had missed something training Mjan, or the Force just had a sense of humor. Former experience tempted me to believe the latter, but I was humble enough to know that the former was also a possibility. 

I rolled my shoulders and stood up from where I had been sitting cross-legged on the ice. Mjan would be on his way back now, and I was glad for the opportunity to rub some feeling back into my numb limbs. I glanced at my chrono and made a decision. Pulling my coat around me tighter, I headed back out into the storm. Once back at the ship, I grabbed a satchel I had brought with me from Borleias, as well as some ration packs, and headed back. 

The cave's quiet and relative warmth was almost more welcome than it had been a few hours ago. Blinking snow out of my eyelashes, I set down my bag and started to munch on a ration pack's contents. Mjan, I expected, would be there momentarily.

Mjan gazed down upon the crystal, its surface smooth, but its form jagged and elongated as he felt it's warm and soothing touch upon his healed hand. Its presence within the Force felt familiar, yet unfamiliar at the same time. It felt almost as if it was but a stranger who sat in solice and had waited many of millennia for this singular day to arrive. But at the same time, it felt as if it was kin, a long lost relative of no memory. It was hard for Mjan to describe the exact feeling in his mind, only that it felt that it had waited all this time for him and knew him more than Mjan could ever imagine. It was as mysterious as the Force, this feeling, it was.

Mjan turned to begin his trek back, unsure of the exact path that had brought him, but his mind was clear and he could feel Aira's own presence in the distance. Feeling the cold air beginning to return, Mjan bundled himself up in his coat after removing it from his waist and placed the crystal into one of the pockets. But as he went to turn, he caught a glimpse in the distant darkness. It was a figure, clad in white and what appeared to be Gold trim with a similar mask adorning its face as it held a rather unusually long lightsaber hilt. Moving briefly in its direction, Mjan noticed it disappear, stopping the young Tsis in his tracks as the hair upon his form stood and small pimples raised with them causing him to shiver. Shaking it from his mind, Mjan turned back toward Aira's presence.

A few minutes later, Mjan arrived before his Master, a grin upon his face from ear to ear as he pulled the crystal from his pocket and offered it up to Aira for inspection. But remembering what he had seen, Mjan's smile quickly disappeared, his gaze turning toward the direction he had came from briefly before returning to Aira. "Master?" He spoke, poising a question. "Are there Temple Guards down in the caves below?"

Mjan's crystal was beautiful--simple but radiating peace and calm through the Force. I handed it back to him as he questioned me about something he had seen. "I wouldn't be the least bit surprised," I replied. "Much of Jedi lore and tradition is steeped in secrecy, and the Temple Guards are among the most mysterious sects of our Order."

I paused in case he had a follow-up question. Then I walked over and picked up the satchel I had retrieved from the ship and handed it to him. "Now that you have your crystal, the next challenge is to create your lightsaber. You'll find a variety of parts in the bag, and you'll need your crystal obviously, but other than that, I can offer you no assistance. You must feel what to do. Let the Force guide you. Without the Force, your lightsaber will fail--which can be rather painful," I added with a trace of humor. My tone turned serious again. "Making a lightsaber is one of the most reverential acts a Jedi does during their life. And I think you'll find that as the Force molds the lightsaber, it will also mold you."

I said no more at that point, and instead, gestured for him to find a place and commence.

Mjan heard her words, and the chill upon his form disappeared as he took solace in her knowledge. He had began to wonder if he had seen a spirit of the past while in the chamber, but perhaps the spirit he saw was no less mortal than he, a being of no name and no face, only servitude until they were reclaimed by the Force. Instead of asking any more questions, Mjan simply gazed downward and echoed his thoughts out loud. "There is no death, only the Force."

Raising his gaze as Aira returned and handed him the satchel of parts, he gazed at her with confusion as she spoke. He knew that Jedi built their own lightsabers and that it required the Force, at least from rumors he had heard in passing and what little Intel he had gathered from his studies. But the look he gave was one that questioned for further instruction. Surely Aira would offer some guidence in this task. Or so he thought to himself until she gestured him away. Shifting his gaze away, he felt tested, wondering if he could truly do it alone, as he turned toward the room's center where the light was the brightest.

Sitting upon the chamber's floor, Mjan crossed his legs and poured the contents out before him, laying the amber crystal to the side as he looked through the parts. A firm look on his face, his eye shifted about as his mind raced through the possibilities that he could create. And indeed, the possibilities were endless. But what would fit him? Which would fit him the best? Mjan grabbed a few parts and began testing them against one another as if he was searching for the right connection, but couldn't quite figure it out. Placing the parts down after several minutes, Mjan sighed. Remembering Aira mentioning the Force's guidence, he opened himself up to it, beckoning for its aid. And it answered...

To Aira, it was as if Mjan simply got still. But inside Mjan, and within the Force, the connection between the two delved deeper in unison than it had ever trailed before. Mjan had long been searching for what Jedi he would be when his training grew complete, his mind wreaked by so many possibilities and never having fully understood what was calling to him. But now, with his chosen crystal beside him, it began to fall into place like small pieces of a spoken puzzle. Mjan was Tsis, whom revoked his kin's path of the darkness within. So he chose to become a Jedi and leave his life as a Sorcerer of Tund to better understand the unified Force. And within the lightside, he found the answer which his former Order had always sought: The Force was nature, and Nature was the Force, two symbiotic Forces that relied upon one another to strive and flourish, and that the darkness within all disrupted and imbalanced the harmony of both. And Mjan knew that he, as a Jedi and a disciple of the Force would need to take up arms to defend it from such imbalance. He would be both a Warrior of the Light and a Philosopher of the Symbiosis, a Jedi of its truest nature. And his weapon would need to reflect such a path. This is why the amber crystal had called to him. But what weapon would he forge?

Mjan's form began to move again, almost involuntarily. First the crystal lifted up before him, his eye closed to the world around him and his mind only open to the will of the Force as it guided his very soul. Next came the inner workings of the blade, two of each gathering on both ends of the crystal as the lightsaber began to slowly take shape. And then came the casing, long and cylindrical as the pike began to come together. But there were small differences that very few lightsabers held, especially for a pike. For one, the ignition switches were incased within rather than outside, signifying it could only be actived using the Force. Secondly, it was sealed tightly, showing that it could be used in any environment, even under water. And lastly, it held a duel phase emitter on both ends that would extend or decrease the blades length at will in the same fashion as its activation. But most importantly, two additional pieces were placed upon each end that closed off the saber's look and as it settled in Mjan's hand, it gave a simple appearence of a simple and yet elegant walking staff. And in that moment, Mjan's eyes opened and his gaze shifted downward.

Using the staff, Mjan stood up, and turned toward Aira, a gaze of seriousness upon his face as his golden eye caught hers. With a clink of the metal staff, he stepped forward. "I've made my choice, Master..." He voiced in a humbled voice. "Though this weapon is made to defend against the dark, it will stand as a beacon of hope for all, even for Tsis like myself. I chose the pike as a semblance of protection and aggression, sheathed as a walking staff unless otherwise needed, and only as a last resort." With that said, Mjan removed the extended casings from both ends and held out his saber before Aira. "And now the moment of truth." He spoke with a smile as he placed both hands upon the staff and activated it, amber blades igniting on both ends, its subtle hum vibrating vibrantly as it illuminated his form. "What do you think?"

• 2 weeks later...

In the scheme of things, it didn't take Mjan long to complete his lightsaber. Some people took hours, others days. I was pleased that I had judged the time correctly; I didn't like the idea of being trapped in here overnight. But those concerns were moot now, for with a twin *snap-hiss*, Mjan ignited his double-bladed weapon. 

"Excellent, Mjan." I took a deep breath. "With the completion of your blade, your final trial is complete. I, Aira Cadan, have trained you as a Jedi to the best of my ability. You have passed every test needed to prove that you have learned well. By right of the trials you have faced, I name you Mjan Sadow, Jedi Knight." My eyes crinkled as a brilliant white grin split across my dark features. "Congratulations, and welcome fully to the Jedi Order."

Impulsively, I stepped forward and hugged him. "I'm proud of you," I told him. It felt strange. How had time flown by so quickly? Suddenly I had trained not just one but two Jedi to knighthood. And yet inside most of the time I still felt like Onderin's padawan.  But time passed, relentless, ever forward, and I had chosen my path a long time ago. It was a path I was dedicated to, and a better one I couldn't imagine. I hoped Mjan would feel the same in the future. 

"Well, then, I guess we'd better get off this frozen planet." I picked up the discarded sack of unused parts and slung it over my shoulder. "Can I give you a ride somewhere?"

Mjan's eyes widened as Aira spoke, this day having been the farthest from his mind. He was motionless, speechless even as the saber fell to his side, deactivated, and Aira stepped up to embrace him. "I dont know what to say Master..." He managed to finally stutter out, a smile encompassing his tendrilled face. "I'm speechless."

But as the words sank in deeper, his gaze reflecting the realization, it grew to become a bittersweet moment. He had passed his trials, had became a full fledged Knight of the Jedi Order. But it also meant that his tutelage under Aira had came to it's close and that the two no longer stood as Master and Padawan, but as two Jedi Knight, equals among rank, but only in that. A tear strolled down the Tsis face as Aira gathered her things, prompting Mjan to do the same.

Throwing his satchel across his shoulder, Mjan turned to face Aira as she poised her last question, the clink of the saber walking staff echoing within the Temple's walls. With sadness and joy both filling his heart in abundance, Mjan spoke only a simple choice of words. "I suppose we should return to the fleet, Aira."

Again Mjan smiled. Everything has an end as much as a beginning, and he - as well as his writer - has enjoyed this experience with everything that they are.

• 1 year later...

The still sleek yet battered craft descended towards the planet. Their arrival was not noted or heralded by anyone, the planet was a desolate icy desert that extended nearly to the horizon in every direction. It was only interrupted by the rocky mountainous crags that jutted towards the sky where the glaciers plowed their course over the milennia. It was towards a range of these mountains that the ship descended.

The ship rattled as secondhand secured panels vibrated against their holdings. In truth, the Squibs had acquired the craft via a trade of unspecified means with a shady stubble-chinned junk dealer in the backwaters of Tatooine. The craft had been relegated for scrap, but the squirrel-like beings had gotten it back up and running, somehow. In no time at all, the ship had crunched down on the frozen terrain, sinking several inches deep into the upper layers of permafrost before the ground gave up enough resistance to hold the ship on the jutting crag that was fortunately just large enough to hold their sleek vessel.

Inside, the Squibs congratulated one another on what they considered another superb landing. They were particularly excited about avoiding a seemingly close call with a mountain peak. Leena chose to ignore chattering, instead she carefully unbuckled her harness and stood. She shook her legs out to be sure the circulation had returned after their bone-jarring decent. With a smile at Orpheon, Leena offered a warm surge of the force as she spoke, “Well, we better get to work while we still have some daylight. I think we’ll use the ship as a base of operations until we can get things set up. Don’t forget to grab a coat. Bit brisk outside.”

“Negative fourteen!” a squeaky voice called out from somewhere as if to accentuate how cold it actually was.

Leena made her way back to her stowed gear and donned a thick parka and lined pants over her healer’s robes. She slipped out of her usual boots and into a heavy set of snow boots. When she was fitted out for the elements, she disembarked. The cold air caused her to draw in her breath in shock at first as she felt it gnaw at her exposed face.

The sun bore down from the cloudless sky above, doing little to warm the barren rocky landscape. Leena waited a moment for her eyes to adjust. Not that there was that much to see. Once The Mantis, Orpheon, and one of the Squibs had joined her, Leena pointed off in the distance to where a shadow seemed to fall from the floor at the base of the mountain range. Had it been warmer, a river would most assuredly have ran through it. As it were, there was nothing but snow and ice carried by the howling winds as they surged between the steep mountains within the range .  “Holonesh Canyon. The Jedi had a small outpost there a long tome ago. There was some sort of anomaly in the force that flares up every few centuries that they studied. Let’s see if we can find it. The winds shouldn’t be bad once we get over the lip and down into the valley, I hope.”

Leena and company then began the perilous trek downwards into the shadows of the mountains towards the canyon and the lost encampment below. Provided it was nestled somewhere within the canyon wall and had not been entirely swept away by an avalanche or some other natural or metaphysical anomaly.

image.png.daf7e9c75e1f2acba314151d968a7e3b.png

Orpheon took in a sharp breath as he first exited the vessel. As he exhaled he watched his breath become vapor and rise to the sky. His shoulders naturally hunched forward; his body naturally reacting in an attempt to keep body heat near his core where it would do the most good. Pulling out a pair of fur lined gloves he was glad he had brought some winter wear for this journey. Taking his first few steps into the snowy landscape, strangely he quickly became accustomed to the cold. The icey bite against his face seemed to fade and he almost began to feel at home. His vision seemed to sharpen, and his natural thermal vision seemed to improve. The slight waves of heat that he could previously see radiating form Leena seemed to grow larger, and become stronger. His hair whipped in the wind, strands falling into his eyes as he pushed on, following his new Master. 

After several hours of walking, the Chiss apprentice felt the desire to reach out with the Sight. Focusing inward, he reached for the strength of the storm within and allowed his feelings to reach beyond. He was surprised at the strength of the Sight on this world. Knowing that life seemed to be connected to the Sight, he was sure a world such as this would be bereft of the Sight. But somehow the strength of this world seemed to radiate from within. 

"Master, where does the strength of the Sigh......Force..... come from on this world? If life is what gives the Force strength, how does such a barren world as this radiate such strength?"

• Like 2