Naboo

RaveN

OOC: Hey buddy shut your mouth , unless you want every oldbie on your ass. There is nothing worse than a one day newb shooting his mouth off at such an experienced poster as Tarrian, she's a friend of mine, and i don't like hearing that ********. You wanna talk trash, you talk trash to me, and i'll talk trash that'll make your mother cry. And if you say the wrong thing to me, i'll have about 30 people on yourdoorstep. You talk trash to her, when your nothing but a ******* computer nerd that sits on his fat ass all day long shoveling potato chips down your mouth. Now I haven't been on jnet in a while, and i come back to see the site in such poor condition and newbs like you. You need to watch your mouth and mind the mods. Its a shame they can only ban you.

you see my messenger types there, you IM me and i'll tell you whats what!

My, my. What are you? Like 12yrs old? Don't worry yourself with me, I will leave this place to you and I won't be back, I don't need to sit back and be demeaned in an ooc fashion by some powertripping, anal mod(or whatever you are) who simply jumps at the chance to shoot someone down. You knew very well my intentions.

I will wait to hear your final reply then delete.

Have a nice day. (=

*tips his hat*

YOUR GAY...

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

• 3 weeks later...

NOTE: The events concerning myself and Jedi Serena on Naboo are to run Before the events in the 'Onyx' thread.

The rain came down in heavy droplets, splashing on Joren Arden's outstretched hand, and running down his arm. He had folded his brown Jedi robe next to him neatly, as he wanted to enjoy the rain on his face. He was sitting in a quiet garden, behind his house in the capital city Theed.

He had just returned from the planet Iubar, after being rejected as the 'Green Light', and he needed some peace. So he decided to head to his house on Naboo, and rest...

lol so like i think we shud all do this rp where like all this @#%$ happens LOL and then like sum jedis and sum siths are like "ur gay!" and then there like "ur gay!" an then evryone like kills @#%$ and @#%$ LOL!!!!111

OOC: Sorry to double post, but I need to ask forgivness for the way I acted when this thread was firts made. I was acting like a little kid and was very stupid. I will act more mature this time around. So thanks for the time it has taken for you to read this and I am sorry.

Let the arrow fly and strike naught but my heart.

OOC: Sorry Again, like I said it has been awhile.

IC: The hooded figure goes back to his ship after walking around his old home. "This is no longer home for me." He takes off and heads where no one would think him brave enough to go.

Let the arrow fly and strike naught but my heart.

Serena walks past a finally sculptured hedge. The brown cloak she usually has on hangs swinging from an arm: in her mind there is nothing quite as refreshing as the rain. Everything seems so clean and at peace after a storm, like the whole world gets a second chance. Second chance, Serena definitely needed one of those.

This place, she sighs in thought, for some reason every time I come here I dislike it more. Thank the Force for the rain though, this gloom makes me feel much better...

There up ahead sits a figure from the, now much older, Jedi's past. His training seems so long ago.

With one graceful movement, Serena drapes her cloak on the bench and sits down. "It would seem as though a millennia has separated us. Rough times do that though, but who cares about that. Live and be merry for tomorrow we die," Serena says with a smile.

Love is but a fleeting dream we weep away inside...

Joren's head hung and the rain rain through his greying hair and onto his nose, drenching his face.

"There is no fear, there is.."

He looked up at Serena with haunted look on his face.

"...there is serenity" He cited.

His face was haggarged and unshaven, and his eyes held a haunted look in them. He did not even attempt to smile, now was not the time.

lol so like i think we shud all do this rp where like all this @#%$ happens LOL and then like sum jedis and sum siths are like "ur gay!" and then there like "ur gay!" an then evryone like kills @#%$ and @#%$ LOL!!!!111

It took a lot of strength, but Serena bit back the cry that desperatly wanted life after seeing her old padawan's eyes. So many questions, so many thoughts.

A tender hand reaces out and cups the troubled Joren's rough face; with all her strength Serena pours warmth and safety into him, surprised at her own action. "What can I do, tell me. Let me help..."

Joren stared into her eyes.

"There is no help to be given. I have been through alot lately"

He looked up and let the rain run down his face.

"The Jedi..." He sighed.

"...are lost. I came back to help, and when I did...I met what was left of the Jedi" Anger rose in him unabated. He turned and looked back at his former Master.

"You and I are one of the few left that still follow the Jedi code. The rest, such as Ara and that Sly Stevenson are busy playing around with little lights"

He sat back and placed both of his hands in the opposite sleeves.

"What have you been doing?" He asked her, wanting to change the subject. Naboo was a peaceful planet, and it didn't rain often. Joren wanted to rest while he was here, and not think about distant troubles.

Jolanics ship comes down on Naboo. A figure clad in red walks down the ramp. He walks to a nearby town and and walks to the governors house. He hears the governor talking with his assistant. He uses the force and snaps the governors neck. He hears the assistant running away.. He runs after it and throws a knife and it buries itself in her spine.. He apointes himself the new governor. He takes away all the towns peoples riches and fod. He only disputes it in just enough for them to survive. He takes away their weapons realixing that they could only cause a problem. He set up a force security sheild around the area. He also sets up regular defenses, such as a pit at the entrance of the door. As soon as the door is opened then a barrage of lasers with their own sheilds come out from the walls forcing the intruders inside to their doom in the pits filled with dagerous creatures.

kaan.jpg

Serena heaves a heavy sigh and looks away; "Me? Well it would seem that every time I go out and try to save the galaxy I end up with diplomatic duty. And here I thought being a Jedi was all about running around brandishing my saber of truth and love." A small bitter laugh rose up from the very disillusioned Jedi.

"I find it funny that you say I still follow the code, even though I've been trying to revise it and create a rogue force for a long time now. Speaking of rogues, that's what I've been up to. It would have worked too, had I not handed over the power. So right now, I'm a rogue force of one. Two if you count Yaku."

The emptiness in her old friends eyes cut deep and a feeling of helplessness washes over her. What can I do, her mind screams. Only a deep dark silence replied. Serena wonders why it suddenly feels like the end of the world...

"When did this happen Joren? When did being a Jedi become all about wars, and politics, and keeping control? We are all different. Every Jedi in there heart posses their own personal code. So many lives, so many feelings, how can we be expected to be bound by such tight codes and requirements."

Serena laughs again, something she does a lot. It would seem when in doubt, the Jedi laughs; "We're like birds. Try to cage a Jedi and you're asking for trouble.

”œDeep down the Jedi are idealists, wanting something that can never come to pass. Our codes, our philosophy, our prophecy, our duty: all of it a finely spun illusion." A deep sorrow, deeper than any sea spreads across Serena's deep brown eyes.

"In our hearts, every one of us is alone. The Jedi, we are on the outside looking in. Either hated or revered, and sometimes both. No Man sees us as an equal, always above or below. Even when we look at each other, there is a subtle difference, a feeling of inferiority or superiority. Can it be helped though? Are we not the ones who should be able to rise above and love each other despite the difference? See all as equal despite who we are and what we have been destined to do?

"But what do I know," she rises and starts to pace the small garden. "I'm just one Jedi. All that I see and feel, all emotions that a Jedi should not have. Emotions that only I own and no one else can see or feel. For me, this is the end, I can feel it. Soon, I will have to make my stand, alone perhaps, against those I pledged allegiance to, but that's okay." The shadow of a smile touches the suddenly hard features of Serena, "We are all born alone and we all will die alone. The cycle of life, and even Jedi cannot change that..."

Serena sits back down, resting her head in her hands, suddenly cold from the rain and the world, "Thinking I suppose...that is what I have been doing...a whole hell of a lot of thinking..."

Joren turned his icy-clue eyes on Serena's rain-soaked face. Her words struck home and felt like somone just told him his life. He had always been by himself. After his homeworld's destruction by Hethrir, he had been alone for so long.

"I have been alone most of my life. The Empire destroyed my world, Firrerre. First they rounded up a few thousand of my people, myself included, and sold us into slavery. Then they destroyed the rest of my homeworld by orbital bombardment, and then killed off the survivors by introducing a virus into the planet's ecology. I ended up on Corellia and got a job on a smuggler's ship who was captained by Lei Kim Ness' father. Eventually he dropped me off on Coruscant where you took me as an apprentice.

"Since after the Arach'Tar invasion and the fall of the Rogue Jedi, I had been living on a small planet in the Unknown Regions. Untill a series of visions brought me back, to Sullust, and the rest of the Jedi. Then all that business with those 'lights'..." Joren said.

"But...I am here. All I want is peace" He said after a moment.

"Peace"

"Peace," Serena tries to hold back her cynical side, "Peace. In all my life I have never experienced this thing people call peace. Between the wars of Ammuud, to the Sith, a moments rest is something that seems totally foreign. What is peace? Personal peace, I suppose this is all we can achieve.

"For many years I have wondered and wandered and I would have to say there are only two kinds of people that seem to find peace in this crazy galaxy. Children and lovers, though children seem better off. Children are naive though, and find peace through blissfull ignorance, while lovers," a hurt look and unshed tears flash in the Jedi for a moment, "Lovers, they can just forget the world, and find comfort from the friendship of the other. Despite the hard times, despite life, they find peace in the other.

"And us, the Jedi, we are neither ignorant or able to love. Peace, we bring this to others perhaps, but never ourselves...never ourselves...."

Joren listened to his former Master carefully. He heard some of his own pain and sadness in her voice. He looked up at her and truly saw her.

She had beautiful brown eyes He thought to himself. He wondered why he didn't see it before. He looked her over and felt peace ripple through him. He shouldn't be worrying about past hurts. He felt...peaceful here with Serena. Perhaps it was time to make his own peace.

He reached out and took her hand into his.

The rain started to fall harder, becoming a wet torrent. Uncontrollably Serena shivered, her green tank top proving useless against the rain. Much to her dismay her teeth begin to chatter ever so quietly.

I hate the cold she thinks bitterly. Serena remembered the cold: the cold of cells, the cold of pain, the bitter cold of being alone. And quite suddenly, she's not so cold anymore...

Jedi are known for keeping calm, for hiding what they feel, for smoothing out their features when caught off guard, so when Serena suddenly finds Joren's hand in hers, not many could notice her reaction. The slight widening of her eyes, the questioning look on her face, the silent gasp of surprise: only she feels this, perhaps only she notices, but quickly it all vanishes.

There is no emotion, there is tranquility...

Suddenly Serena falls into a hurricane of thoughts none of which having to do with the philosophy of being a Jedi. Right now it takes all her brainpower to understand this single gesture. When one trains to be a Jedi, how to deal with such acts of...acts of...acts of what? She does not quite know.

He's been through a lot, and just needs someone to lean on. A stable friend, that is all. To prove this thought true Serena lifts her brown eyes and meets Joren's intense blue, only to see the truth. Jedi are trained to seek the truth, but Serena is not ready to face this one.

"Joren, I think this," but Serena never finishes her sentence because she finds herself leaning over and kissing the lost Joren instead.

Joren Arden had never been more surprised in his entire life.

A pleasant surprise, however.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed back. Even though the cold wind whipped around him, all he felt was warmth.

They parted and he took her face into both of his hands, looking into her eyes.

"Serena...I..."

Serena looks up into Joren's very serious yet very happy face, and for a moment she is scared. Everything seems to be melting away, everything moving too fast and too slow, she no longer knows what is going on, but it feels right. Oh yes, it feels too right, it feels like the beginning of a second chance. Maybe, just maybe, she's not alone.

Reaching up Serena gently touches this man's cheek, not knowing what else to do. Nothing makes sense right now, so she waits for him to finish his words, for she herself can't put her thoughts into sentences.

Joren reached up and took her hand in his. And smiled at her.

"Serena...I...I have always been alone. I have always thought that the Jedi are meant to be alone, that we are to have no connections. But I don't want to live like that anymore."

He leaned in closer to her to where their noses almost met.

"We have somthing here. A potential to ease each other's past hurt. I want to be with you" He said then leaned in and kissed her.

Somewhere between Joren's words and this amazing kiss the whole reality of the situation impacted Serena. Here she was kissing Joren, her former padawan, after not seeing him for what seemed like forever, talking to him for an hour, and now contemplating a life with him.

What am I doing? Serena screams into her mind as she feels the world melt with each passing second. There is no emotion, there is tranquility, there is not emotion, there is tranquility, there is no emotion...but there is. This, think Serena, remember, this is what you've been fighting for. Was it not you who said it is foolish for the Jedi to believe they can't feel, can't love? And why am I thinking when I should be enjoying this kiss?!

Serena's practical side wins out though and she ends the kiss much earlier then either party wish. Slightly out of breath she looks up into Joren's wondrous eyes and almost loses her nerve to speak.

"Joren, I...I don't know. I want that, I do. So many nights alone, so many times when I only had myself to rely on, but we're still Jedi. Our lives are cruel, and lonely, and this, this right here," almost to prove her point Serena rests her head gently against Joren's chest, "This is all too good to be true. A fairy tale. We can't do this, it would be us versus the galaxy. I never want to be the cause of that hurt look in your eyes I saw not too long ago. I care to damn much."

Much to her surprise, Serena finds one lonely tear traveling down her tanned cheek. Oh the irony of the universe...

Jolanic feels the emotions of a jedi in his head. Jedi arent supposed to love.He waves his hand and summons three rather large men. "There are jedi here. I want you to go spy on them and learn everything you can about how to hurt them. Now go." The men leave willingly becuase Jolanic has mesed with their minds so that theyare his willing slaves and nothing can change them back. They get on a speeder and head out. They soon get a to a village and sees the two resting there. A woman and a man. They stay in the speeder and turn on a holorecorder. They begin to settle back and watch.

kaan.jpg

Joren noted the arrival of the two men in the speeder, but he ignored them. He stood up and turned his back to Serena.

But we're still Jedi. Our lives are cruel, and lonely.......This is all too good to be true. A fairy tale. We can't do this, it would be us versus the galaxy... Serena's words cut through him like a knife.

Joren flexed his right hand. His right hand was artificial, a mechanical replacement. Long ago, just as he'd begun his Jedi training, he had challenged a particularly powerful Sith to a duel. The Sith's name was Freedon Nadd....Joren was still grateful Nadd had taken only his hand...

Joren flexed his hand agan, the ghostly image of Freedon Nadd's lightsaber slicing through his wrist came up unchallenged in his mind...

He sighed deeply, but did not turn around.

"Then maybe I don't want to be a Jedi, anymore." He said quietly.

Serena sensed the mens arrival and does not like the feel of them at all, but they obviously do not pose a threat...yet, so she turns most of her attention back to the matter at hand. A matter that seems more crucial then her own life in so many ways.

If you love something, set it free... The old saying echoes through her head, but Serena knows this feeling is not love not yet. Not that kind of love. In her heart though, she wants it to be. Then again though, she remembers her own words, try to cage a Jedi and you're asking for trouble and to her love is a cage, a weakness.

None of it makes any sense to her right now. One side screams to jump up, hold on to Joren and never let go, while the other knows safety only comes with solitude. That Jedi need to be alone.

Serena falls back into memory, and wonders what her father would do, what would Kyp tell her now. They never discussed such matters as life, only training and the arts of the Jedi. I'm not ready for this, she tells herself but knows it means nothing. Ready or not real life, not some war treaty, or Jedi test, or Sith battle, decided to confront her here and now.

Slowly Serena stands up, and walks up next to Joren. With her usual bittersweet smile shadowing her features she looks up towards the slowly appearing sun, shading her eyes slightly; "No, you know as well as I do one cannot quit being a Jedi, so I guess we shall just have to be stuck being Jedi...together."

Joren looked up at the sun too, as he reached over and took Serena's hand in his.

"Together we are stronger than the sum of our parts" He said aloud, "We are Jedi"

Suddenly he was no longer standing amidst the gardens of Naboo. He was in a completely different place, one he knew well. A planet of lush forests and mountains...oceans and lakes. One where he had made his home for the past several months.

Onyx.

He turned slightly to his left, and gasped. There, in glowing form, was himself.

Though that was an understatement, his iglowing image was a much older version of himself.

"What...?" He said, surprised.

"You have failed, Green Light" His older image said to him.

"No. I have suceeded. I found Iubar, but they are not what I expected" Joren replied testily. This was the second time his older image had faced him, the first telling him to 'seek Iubar'.

"You have failed as the Green light. But your destiny will still come into play. Your destiny lies with the Lights" His older self said to him.

Joren stiffened. "My destiny lies with the Jedi" He shouted. "And Serena. I have a new life to find. My destiny is with the Jedi!"

Suddenly, he was back, with Serena on Naboo. It had only been a vision. He shivered and sat back on the bench next to Serena.

"Some things were never meant to end" He whispered.

Edited by Guest

Jolanic Kaan, First, you have 22 posts and are untrained, there is no way that you would have that type of control of the force to take control of one persons mind indefinitely let alone more then one.

Second, If you had read the first post made by Lightsider in this thread, he and Jedi Serena are here doing a past tense story and with the permission of the mods. You are here present tense, and in the present, they are not here.

Third, you Killed a non existant governor, Naboo has an elected King or Queen. And it is not likely that you alone would get past their security.

My advise is to edit your posts to something within the semblance of what your character is capable of. Until then, those posts are Nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

Serena smiled at Joren's words, but then it became obvious that Joren was not in the garden anymore. As quickly as it started, he returned from his trance, and sat down immediately.

"Some things were never meant to end," he whispered.

Those intensely blue depths still held the landscape of some place far, a land that seemed to have called to Joren. Nothing that Serena felt shown through, her confusion or worry. On the outside all remained calm like the surface of a lake.

"Joren," she said while taking his hand gently, "what is it? What just happened?"

He looked at her, as if noticing her for the the first time.

"I had been living on a planet in the Unknown Regions, called Onyx. I just wanted to live there in peace, but a few weeks ago I had been getting some disturbing visions. Visions that made me go to Sullust and leave the Unknown Regions. Now they are happening again."

He stood. "I have to go" He said.