Naboo

RaveN

The view of the silver starship blasting off brought a smile to her face. It was a frustrated smile to be sure, as her only chance of escape had just blasted off of Naboo, but at least her apprentice and his people were safe. She brought her saber up and decapitated a Sith Trooper as he rounded the corner and she let the body fall as her mind raced for solutions. Her thin hand dashed down to the fallen man’s belt and pulled his IFAK off its leather straps. 

Ducking into a corridor, she pulled the sticky protective layers from a package of bacta bandages and began to liberally apply them to her burns. She hissed in pain as the gauze stung in the burns, but after applying a local hypo of antiseptic it at least didnt hurt as much. She still couldn't hear out of the left side, and a probing finger told her that most if not all the ear was burned off. 

There goes any chance of a pageantry ball this year.

She laughed hollowly, and let her eyelids flutter closed, taking the very little battlefield force training she had gotten at the temple take hold. Letting the rest of her body relax as her mind searched for incoming danger.

14365472_Alcmne.png.bfda32e929e4ce0bf873f82d453f414b.png

Karys sighed a little even as he fought, it seemed Solus was as he suspected thus far. Very much of a child's mind, at least for now. He would need to remedy it sooner or later, or his over eagerness would get him killed, for war was not a joke. He spoke, spinning his saber to attempt to impale another gungan warrior, only he was parried. It brought a brief smile before he engaged again and locked blades.

Headbutting the gungan, as he stumbled Akheron surged forwards, his saber moving to unleash a flurry of strikes. One to the leg removing it, another removing his arm as he fell and the final decapitation. Moving to where his apprentice stood, he spoke as he laid eyes upon the cavalry as they began a charge while beasts with catapults attempted to fling plasma balls upon them.

"Do not be so eager my apprentice. For although we are favoured by the Fanged God, we are not beyond touch of death. We are demigods yes...in service to the Darkness but even we can be killed when faced with a strong willed opponent. One persistent enough. Be cautious even in battle, war is never a joking matter. It is the decider of fates. That said it can be a learning experience."

He motioned at the cavalry.

"For instance this is such a moment. Observe closely and listen. I will not repeat myself. Focus within the force, focus your rage...your anger and suffering. Feed the terror of your enemies to it and follow the threads that connect you to them in the force.

Focus upon whichever you wish in front of you. Feel how much you want them in fall, to tumble and pull or push, extend your awareness and pluck at the threads. Force them to obey your will, concentrate your effort and your thoughts shall become a reality. Try and pull one of those rider's off, let him be crushed by his own kind. I shall assist...we shall make domino of them."

Akheron acted first, a demonstration of what he meant for his apprentice to accomplish. Even if to him it was easy...long years of practice made it like riding a bike. Never forgotten. Extending out his will, Darth Akheron focused upon one individual. Focused his anger, hate and rage. Concentrating his wrath upon him, he Pulled at the threads that were in the force. It was then he felt Mavanger first fall and then his resurgence. It only further fuelled his assault.

What followed was carnage as the gungan was forced forward. Yelling out, he was yanked off his beast and sent under its feet in a sickening sound of bone and flesh meeting hooves from the beast. The beast now without a rider took off and ended up smashing into another beast rider next to it in a tumbling mess of hooves and riders. It had begun.

Edited by Karys Narat iv-Adas

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

When the star ship bolted from the secret hangar Vox's taste of the Force never left. It clung to him, opened his mind and allowed him to see things father than he could have ever expected. Patience was a virtue unfortunately, and he slightly strained himself in the Force to help their escape despite the natural sense to become calm. His frustration was busing up but it slowly left, his eagerness turned into patience, his mind was chaotic with thought now was focused on just a few. Vid then felt a sudden pull, not of the Force, but of something he completely forgotten. Or someone

The Chieftain realized his recent mentor, Alcmène, was left behind just seconds after they toon off. He had been so focused on the task at hand with what the Force guiding his every step, and even now it did. He felt sorrow, however would need to push forward. If this ethereal power wanted Alcmène with them then it would be so. But just as his thoughts were on his mentor they were ripped away when Romulus shouted Vox's name urgently. 

"Hey, I get you're daydreaming and all but l... Uhhh... We have a lot of fighters in the air Vox. How're we supposed to avoid them?" Romulus said quickly, expecting an answer.

And the best answer Vox had was what was given to him, or whatever felt right at this time, "Stay low to the ground, it'll be easier that way. When I give an order you do it right then, understood?" 

Romulus seemed dumbfounded but obliged, hoping his Chieftain was right about this. For generations, nearly a thousand years, the Nudono Shaman used the Divine to help guide their people out of danger or the best way to handle it, what the next steps were, and a variety of defensive and healing methods not even the smartest at the time could have conjured. Vox knew this, and he had a sneaking suspicion that Divine was the Force, just in their own image. They prayed and worshipped their gods however also gave tribute of prayer and time to the Divine, as it was the eternal life stream where all forms of life and light and dark existed. And just as his ancestors, Vox was using it. 

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

The queen placed her hand firmly on the back shoulder plate of Vox’s armour. 

“Go straight for them. Trust in the force.” 

She moved beside him and lay her hands on his huge ones, her eyes drifting shut. 

“Let the force guide your movements and we cannot fail.”

eY5xDvez5tN-mQz_Bc-lHPlWPYnslSnKIHG1ZwSfz9Z2uuPK4tNCz-zJDcbwuUs6xoiMAY-quo7XJWzd16lWOhYLnzgQrz8Leg5bPZNM4vxJElJJlRx5kubpSIU5y5FWc_K1Iuy0

NPCs for boardwides and small stories on request

Meanwhile, far above, a certain pilot was busy guiding his charges through the fighter net and out to safety. Jackson swallowed blood and cursed his bloody nose as he did a quick head-count, roughly ensuring that all of his squadrons were still intact before setting them over on a course to the sun. They would be swinging wide of course, to stay out of anyone's sightlines, and dispersed so they weren't a nice big blob of easily destroyed targets. He would maneuver them around the opposite side of the local star before taking their chances with a series of jumps, sending them more or less directly to Nar Shadaa.

He would need some time to recover, himself, as his thoughts had begun to stray a little further than comfortable in his escape. The young Knight could recognize at least that much about himself, and it made him a little wary. He would have to discuss it with some of the more experienced knights and masters, to see if they would have any advice or guidance he could use to control such things.

-

A distant thrum pulsed through the Transient Plunder's engines and thrusters as they whorled and guided their craft through the darkness of space. The deep black was comforting in its familiarity for the pilot of the craft, though he certainly didn't stick around to revel in the nostalgia. Their trip around the sun was kept short and sweet, only skirting around so wide to keep their outlines out of the views of any keen-eyed pilots. It wouldn't do to escape the blockade, only to lose his ship and the lives it carried to a few squads of fighters.

Tros watched for a moment as Vulios and his team opened fire on the spaceport below the main city. Fire and explosions erupted quicker than ewoks tossed into a volcano's active lava. His HUD lit up with all sorts of information as text rolled across his screen from Vulios letting him know that the royal hangar had a few taking off. Quickly turning towards Sutu. "Go, blow that damn hangar to the ground. I want it off this cliff." As soon as he finished, Sutu blasted off and moved rapidly towards the royal hangar. Vulios quickly replaced him as the one standing next to the Alor of House Solus. 

"Tro'solus, there is movement from the royal hangar... foot traffic. My sensors are showing a single life form." The younger of the two turned and looked in the general direction. Without uttering a word, a lone thought was in his mind. Jetii. "Lets go. No survivors here if we can help it." There wasn't a need for words, both Mando'ade used their jetpacks and moved rapidly towards the direction of the royal hangar. Tros had never been to Naboo before, but the scenery provided plenty of green from both the rooftops of the buildings and from the trees that surrounded them. The beige color of the buildings and walkways, along with the rivers running throughout the city provided a perfect reflection of the fire and explosions that threatens to engulf the entire city. As the two moved through the air, a few life signs here and there popped up on their HUDs, so they took a few shots in the general direction of where they saw and encountered them. 

As they moved over towards a river after they past by what looks like the main plaza, there was movement detected moving very secretively from what their HUD showed. Using the link and not words, Tros gave orders to Vulios. :: Flush them out.:: Vulios took his orders without question and quickly took his SHUKUR-05 light repeater and began to fire aimlessly everywhere near and around where the lifeform was at. @Alcmène Whatever Vulios did, it was being backed up slightly by Sutu, who had hit the main royal hangar with a rocket and was starting to set it on fire. Tros took his own 2 WESTAR-35 blaster pistols and began to take a few shots in the general direction of the lifeform. They were here to make one thing clear, House Solus is a force to be reckoned with. 

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Smoke began to billow from the shot engine as gravity began to take over, Mythos and the entirety of the 432nd hanging in the moment of suspense as the pilot's grappled to regain control of the AIAT/I. With the surface water of Naboo coming at them quickly, the astromech droids rolled in abundance. But would they, could they, reach the engine in time? It wasn't likely. So what was the pilot to do? That's when he heard Mythos' voice through the comm.

"Kill the engines and brake hard." Mythos' voice growled through the silent comm chatter, the pilot quickly reaching up to the kill switch and pulling back on the throttle to engage the air brakes. Their decent began to slow slightly as the pilot continued pulling  back on the column, the nose starting to rise inch by inch. Impact began to chime eminently when Mythos' voice came through once more. "Sublight's to the max! Now!"

Engaging the Sunlight's at max, the nose drove upward and the ship kicked it's full weight forward in an attempt to level out when it struck the water, skidding across the reflective surface with little resistance until physics took hold and the momentum sent the ship into a gliding spin. Every soul aboard felt the crash with jarring consequences, but most injuries were mild to moderate with limited casualties as the ship barreled into a nearby treeline sideways. Silence erupted as avian species flocked away from their position. And silence remained.

Mythos climbed out of the wreckage with blood seeping down his forehead and about, a small gash above his furred brow. And behind him, five more emerged as the rest took to tending to the wounds. Across the lake outside Theed was debris of containers and astormechs as they bobbed upon the rippling water. And only two astromech droids remained within the ship its self. Looking upon Theed with blooded eyes, Mythos shook his head. They were too late.

Suddenly a scent captured his attention, the wind blowing it their way, a scent of chaos and malice. "Grab what gear you can find. The rest of you, repair the ship and treat the wounded. You five, with me. Theed may be lost, but we're not. We move out in ten."

His master’s words of caution flew right over his head. Perhaps it was the excitement of battle, or the idea that gods like Akheron feared death was abhorrent to him, Solus didn’t give a single thought about caution. 

His master's words on what to do did catch his attention. As he demonstrated, Solus could briefly see the force shimmer around him. The colors of rage and hatred briefly saturated the air between Akheron and the gungan who toppled over. Fear exploded out of the Gungans like a black gas. 

The impossible geometries of the Force never ceased to look so amazing and deadly. But how to do it himself?

Solus reached a hand out, like those in the visions long ago. He attempted to focus on the colors of emotion around him. The reds of anger and hate, the blacks of fear and terror. He willed the reds coming off of his own chassis to stretch out towards the Gungans. A long, thinning arm of fire, with a  deadly hook on the end. Solus focused on the hook. Let it go to the Gungan on the right. Let it grab his ear and…

The Gungan was pulled over slightly, but not strongly. The color of red in the force intensified around solus. and with more effort, he willed the hook to not grab the ear, but rather the small wisps of fear that had just leaked from the target. 

This time the hook caught true. It pierced the fear and ensnared it. Solus' physical hand closed around the invisible rope of rage, and pulled back, willing the invisible hook to retract. 

To his delight, the Gungan jerked and dropped forward over his mount. The Kaadu veered uncontrollably. The entire line of cavalry were now in a disarray, losing their charging momentum, toppling over themselves. 

“I did it! Yes! Haha! I...whoah…” Solus stumbled for a moment as he suddenly lost sight of the colors of emotion. 

“Master my...my body? Why...it feels heavy all of a sudden, like my gears...whoah.”

Just as quickly as it came, it left. The drainage of energy was replaced by his usual running of power. His gears whirred back to normalcy. 

“Master...is that normal to feel that drainage? Does the wicked flame cost my body?” 

As he asked, Tear was getting to work. With the cavalry toppling over and in disarray, the hound charged into the thick of it. Leaping from target to target, Tear’s claws sunk into chests as his teeth tore off ears and eyes. The Gungans screamed briefly as Tear killed them one by one, and with all of the chaos, were helpless to stop the beast.  Tear roared in triumph over his enemies, caked in blood and guts. 

• Like 1

solus.png.1650ac06c988997ee4153ec4d899dbe1.png

One deep breath, then another, as Alcmène felt the familiar danger sense trickle up the back of her spine. She expanded her presence for a moment then stepped quickly to the side as a blaster bolt burned a brick where her head had been to ash. Her eyes flicked to see the impact point then began their scan of the sky, looking and identifying the figures of three Mandalorians in the skies. 

Spasted Mandalorians, they had long been a nuisance in the outer rim and now they were here. In the service of the Sith Lords. They were a threat to the civilians and they could not go unaccosted. She shook her head and grimaced as the pain from her neck prickled from below the bacta bandage. She brought her sore left arm up and the energized kite shield hummed to life while the yellow blade spat forth its golden blade in her right hand. She took another long breath, opening her mind and letting the force find her and guide her. Letting it flow through her limbs and tired body, until at last she moved. 

Up came the shield, its rim settling right below her steel grey eyes as she began to run towards the three figures who hovered several meters above the ground. The shield dipped for a moment to intercept the incoming blaster coming from the mandalorian with two blaster pistols. She adjusted the angle of her arm and the trio of reflected blaster bolts spun back off towards one of his companions. 

She let the force run through her legs as she focused on the speed of her run, angling herself towards one of the high walls behind the mandalorians. When she reached the pale granite wall a second and a half later, she continued her run, her boots catching on the wall and propelling herself up the wall. When she had run a meter and a half up the high wall she she pushed off with the force and sprung towards the floating mandalorian with the duel blaster pistols. Her yellow lightsaber cutting a long golden arc towards his exposed neck.

((1))

Actions: Reflected blaster bolts towards Vulios, ran and using the force leapt off the wall to cut at Tros

As the battle raged below the squad of lizards flew high above... Well, low to the ground, possible just seventy feet from it. Vox focused with the Force feeling himself become more abd more submerged into its soft ethereal grasp. The moment an explosion from the ground shot up in the air Vox's senses sharpened almost as if on signal, "Right, now!" 

Romulus turned the ship sharply as shrapnel and sparks peppered the ships top exterior. No damage was taken, just the few scratches from harsh treatment. The ship continued it's course until Vox motioned for Romulus to start bringing the ship higher for orbit. They were avoiding fighter in the sky the best they could, and somehow the ship have gone undetected and were going well away from the prying eye of the Star Destroyers quickly. That didn't rule out the group being tracked down though, as the planet, not just half of it, was under invasion. 

And it left Vox on edge. Despite his calm stature, there was that feeling if dread he felt over the planet. Everyone was suffering, everyone was afraid, and whatever military force were left might be snuffed sooner or later. He still felt that tinder if guilt in leaving behind his new master, however now was not the time to grieve. Vox looked to Romulus and says, "Take it slow. If we move up too quickly they could detect us easier."

Karys looked as Solus slowly at first attempted to accomplish his task, meeting failure at first but soon success. It was met with approval from the Sith Lord, who nodded his head to indicate as such. Even as he felled another gungan, earning a cut to his organic arm, he advanced towards the now rampaging beasts, signalling what remained of his troops to do the same and cut down anything in their path to the Naboo Abyss.

Be it man or beast. Akheron answered his apprentice as a Linnorm got hit by a blue plasma ball just metres away.

"It is. As I said before using such abilities comes with a price...this is part of that cost. The darkness gives power but it requires a sacrifice. With time and practice however the cost is lessened but there will always be such a price every time you use it. As such we must learn when and where to employ our abilities...to conserve our strength and unleash at the right moment. This is the bargain we made...a price we willingly accept to unlock our true potential. Even a fire requires kindling and sacrifice to grow. 

Now come, let us clean up here the head below."

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

Solus brought up an arm and slammed his chest in a salute. 

“Yes my master! With eagerness I shall clear these Gungans!”

Without waiting for another word, Solus rushed forward. Solus felt his entire body practically fly through the air towards the Gungan forces, feet barely touching the ground. He noted briefly through his side sensor how Tear was running alongside of him, eager to continue the kill. This hunt was a good one. There was much death to cause. 

Solus activated the loaned blade, this time not fumbling as much. A Gungan on his right was cut in half as the shard passed by. To the left, then back right, Solus brought his blade across, splitting a polearm in twain before ending the warrior who held it. Through the overgrowth the metal chassis charged, unable to stop itself from the excitement of battle. Tear jumped and landed on a Gungan, biting a face off, before racing to keep up. 

Solus saw a group of four in front, readying their slings with plasma orbs. As one, they began to throw them at their attacker. Solus gave into his instincts and leapt. With only the power a machine could bring, Solus flipped up and over the shots, one actually striking his blade harmlessly. Feet came down first on one Gungan, crushing bones and cartilage. Solus then spun wildly, catching another warrior’s ear.

The other two warriors reacted accordingly. They backed off a step, reading another shot, and took aim. 

Solus was fortunate that Tear was with him. The hound didn’t even pause as he jumped, landed on one, and then pushed off to the other, slitting its throat with aimed claws. Meanwhile, his long whip-like tail actually snapped and sliced off an eye of the previous target. 

Laughter began to emit from the sith apprentice. It was the laughter of someone having the best day of their life. The laughter didn’t pause for a breath, even as Solus grabbed the warrior with a missing ear, spun, and threw his target into a tree. The laughter only changed when Solus began charging again towards the war beasts that were flinging plasma balls at the Linnorms behind their shield generators. 

As Solus charged across a clearing towards his new targets, his laughter changed to song. 

“Let me get by, gonna kill them all
    Gonna kill, gonna kill, gonna kill them all!
    Can’t hold back, Gungan’s gonna fall
    Gonna kill, gonna gonna kill them all!”

Even as he sang, Solus was still aware of his surroundings. When a Gungan charged from the side, thinking the droid had no peripheral vision, Solus only stopped, slashed the spear, grabbed the foe's neck, crushed it, then charged on.

“Ooh, all that blood, a rushing flood
Make dirt into mud with all that good blood

Some Linnorms had caught up with Solus, rushing alongside him. While they didn’t know what he was singing, they understood the repetition, and couldn’t help but join in every other line, fueling their own bloody rage.

“Feed the god, make sharp the tooth
Death after all is the final truth,

The group passed through the energy energy shield harmlessly. A volley of energy balls came over the group. Solus was able to dodge and weave his way through the fire. Those Linnorms who didn’t get hit nor trip over those who did were able to keep up with him. 

"Can’t hold back, gotta fight all day
We could never have it any other way

At the final verse, Solus made contact with the warriors. Solus wasn’t aware of how much time, whether seconds, minutes, or hours, went by. He couldn’t remember how many warriors fell, nor how many of his own brothers fell. He couldn’t recall any of the words he sang after that.  All he could remember was giving into the rage of battle. The joy of killing. The energy that the Force fed him with each death and mutilation.  It was overwhelming. Never had Solus felt so alive with each murder. 

After a period of time later, Solus stood on top of a mountain of corpses, eagerly looking around for more to kill. The Fanged God needed to be fed. He had to kill. The Fanged God demanded it. There needed to be more. But it seemed that all of the nearby enemies were dead. 

“Is that all? Bring me more! I must kill!” Solus cried out, raising his fists to the air, blade still ignited. The other Linnorms around who were still alive cheered, thinking this to be some kind of war cry. Overhead, the ships began landing some transports. Nearby, the swamp was ready for entrance. 

Finally, Solus began calmed down and deactivated his blade, and looked around for his master. Surely he would be pleased with the Shard's work.

Tros watched as Vulios suddenly took blaster fire that the jetii reflected back towards him from his own blasters. The shots panged here and there off of the older vet, one even struck his jetpack, forcing the Mandalorian to the ground. At first glance, it didn’t look like any part of his armor took much damage, with the exception of maybe his jetpack. Tros would check in a second on the full outcome of that, for now, his focus had to remain on the jetii

She moved herself along a wall in some weird movement, but not foreign to Tros. He immediately wondered if she was attempting to escape, and went to prepare his rocket launcher, but then she pushed off the wall and moved rapidly towards him. He kicked in his jetpack and attempted to rise above her to maintain the higher ground, but he did not move quick enough, nor was his jetpack able to handle such a quick climb. He caught her blade on his upper left thigh. The blade cut through the armor plate and flesh. Part of the thigh armor fell off almost immediately. The burning sensation was present, but his own rage seemed to take over. He was pissed at her for getting the upper hand so quickly. 

Without any hesitation, Tros activated his flamethrower and gave a quick short blast towards the back of the head of the jetii until she fell out of it’s range, which was only about a second long. Anger and rage filled him, and his HUD had words run across warning him to move. Putting both blasters away, he moved to his right, favoring his left thigh as Vulios began to use his SHUKUR-05 light repeater and held the trigger down making a very strong pour of fire towards the jetii. 

Tros took advantage of the sudden change of concentration and put his WESTAR’s away and instead swung his modified MK VI Paladin blaster rifle up and took aim at the jetii. He chose to target her wrist where she was using a shield and pulled the trigger, letting three rounds attempt to take both her wrist and shield down for the rest of the engagement. 

((1))

Vulios took the reflected blasters across his armor and had his jetpack disabled from one of the shots. Tros took the lightsaber strike to his upper left thigh, losing part of his armor. Vulios used his light repeater and opened a steady stream of blaster fire, while Tros took quick scoped shots at Alcmene’s wrist/shield.

The queen remained at the side of Vox, her hand upon his pauldron. 

“Now remember, trust in the force. Trust not my advice or the advice of others. Trust only in the force. Let it bathe you, let it surround you, let it course through your veins.” She let go of his hands. And looked at the pilot. She gestured to the large beast of a man and when he got out of the way she settled herself down in his vacated seat. “Guide me Vox.” She pulled up on the controls and the silver ship accelerated towards the Sith Fleet. She let her eye lids flutter to being half closed and she pushed forward on the throttle. 

It was time to go. 

eY5xDvez5tN-mQz_Bc-lHPlWPYnslSnKIHG1ZwSfz9Z2uuPK4tNCz-zJDcbwuUs6xoiMAY-quo7XJWzd16lWOhYLnzgQrz8Leg5bPZNM4vxJElJJlRx5kubpSIU5y5FWc_K1Iuy0

NPCs for boardwides and small stories on request

The feeling of exhilaration that coursed through her body at the feeling of her blade blasting through the mandalorian iron caused a smile to spread across her lips as she reached the top of her leap and began the drop towards the stone pathway below. She felt the heat from the mandalorian’s flame projector heat the back of her neck as she fell but she was already beyond its reach by the time it had fully deployed. She bent her knees and landed hard on the flagstone walkway, keeping her saber and shield out at either side of her as she turned to fall into an acrobatic roll before she popped back up with the shield angled towards the Mandalorian whose jetpack she had disabled. 

She winced as she moved, and a quick side glance told her that the burn on her abdomen had opened back up, and the clean white cotton gauze was rapidly turning a dark crimson. But this was a battle for her life, and she could bleed to death after she took care of these sith allied Mandalorians. The same mandalorians that had led the reaving of Coruscant. The same that had decimated Chandrila. 

Her steel grey eyes narrowed. Just like the Sith lord from an hour before, these men were a danger to the galaxy. She did not want to kill them, she had no such desire, but they were here. They were here in the fire, bathing themselves in the blood of Theed. She was a jedi knight, sworn to defend the very lives that the Mandalorians were so adept at taking. 

She angled the shield and caught a stream of repeating rounds on its curved edge. Then pushed off with her rear leg in a sprint towards the downed mandalorian who was spitting a long stream of red blasts towards her. She let the force flow through her body as she ran towards the man, letting it guide her every step. She was in its flow fully, and her golden lightsaber came up to bat two blaster bolts back towards the mandalorian in red armour who had fired them. But the third passed beneath her guard. The heavy blaster bolt smacked into her wrist, blowing apart the shield lattice as well as the tendons and muscle underneath it. 

She did not even wince. There was no time to reflect on the pain. She had to eliminate the one advantage that the mandalorians had other than range. While keeping her forward momentum she brought the golden lightsaber down and then up in a single jab. Intending to skewer Vulios underneath his exposed chin. Fast as lightning, as fast as the force would allow her. 

For despite the pain, despite the cold burning of her arm, the bloody stinging in her neck and abdomen. She was in the flow of the force, she was the blade of Justice

((2))

Actions: Reflected light repeating blaster from Vulios with the shield. Reflected two heavy blaster bolts back at Tros. Took one in the left arm. Disabling the shield. Charged Vulios to stab him under the chin with the speed of the force. 

Tros watched from afar as his shots moved at the jetii, holding ground to what she had attempted, two shots she deflected back towards him, but at such a distance he was able to move himself from one, taking another to his upper right pauldron. It stung and he didn't even have to look to know it would leave a mark there. The blast however from his third round rapidfire shot found it's mark, lighting up a small firework show for him to observe from his high vantage over her. His enjoyment was short lived, as he could tell almost immediately that the jetii was not slowing down. She intended to take away the two on one. From his distance, he already knew his aid to Vulios wouldn't be much, but he had to try. 

Rushing downward and quick, he swung his rifle back to rest upon his back and before he could even make a move towards his blasters, he realized what Vulios was doing. He was drawing the jetii in, letting her expose herself to an attack from Tros at his own sacrifice. Tros cut his jetpack off and dropped to the ground quickly and took aim with his right vambrace. The first shot of his electro-dart fired off before her blade moved through him, Vulios still firing to keep her body turned at him as to avoid being able defend against the one coming from behind. Tros quickly let his other two darts fly out as the blade cut through Vulios' upper chest to lower neck region. Another dart being another electro-dart while the other was a poison dart. 

Without another breath to take, Tros screamed angrily at the jetii as he pushed his flamethrower down. The heat and intensity of it matched the anger and hate that seemed to be venomously pouring out of him and being replaced with even more rage. The fire began to burn the grass around the area of which he targeted,causing what tress and grass that were not on fire to join in on the glorious surrounding buildings that were already ablaze. She would die, and he would make her feel every bit of her own death. 

((2))

Took a deflected bolt into his right pauldron. Vulios took the blade knowing it would end him to draw Alcmene in. Tros fired off all three of his darts. 2 electro, 1 poison. Flamethrower was activated in general direction and began to burn the ground. 

• Like 1

Kahla peered out over the glistening blue waters where smoke had begun to billow from debris left behind in the splashdown of the enemy vessel. The waves had not yet settled, and a clear path could be drawn to follow the touchdown. Its path had skewed, and they were moving fast enough that it's likely they'd run aground. With a deep breath she filled her lungs with smoke and particulate, the once fresh air of the planet tarnished by the rot of burning; wood, cloth, concrete, flesh; all of it combined into a sickening soup. A mixture of oil, fuel, and other materials dripped down from her Interceptor, their beautiful orange glow splattering onto the ground where they continued to burn in a small puddle. Her ship was banged up, badly, but the memory of what it was when it first arrived filled her with confidence that it could be restored again.

As she took her first step towards the exposed soil, Kahla fell to her knee with a metallic thud. Her breath shortened and her heart weighed on her. A wave of unrelenting, unbridled emotions cascaded through the force unlike anything she'd felt before. As if a dam had burst, a whole slew of emotional energy overwhelmed her resolve. Pain, anguish, regret, fear... Her mind spun down into the whirlpool, a single self reflection stood out to her. Before she had first arrived at Korriban, she lead the mutiny aboard the Unwavering Pursuit, they killed their captain for the same thing she was doing now. The faces that helped her on her way to where she is now faded in memory, all just a blur in her mind. The further she went down, the more time felt distorted, her eyes clung shut as pain took hold in her expression. Did she have to trample them in her march of self progress?

In that moment of reflection, the blast in the force twisted about. Pain turned to rage, regret into determination, fear became resolve. Kahla's eyes snapped open with raw dedication, the lives she had taken would not be in vein, the power she sought would bring the end of war, by force if necessary. This influx of emotions, she was well familiar with them. Darth Mavanger, whatever happened, whatever he had done, tides were shifting in the force because of him.

She stood in the wake of the blast, an eternity in the mind was mere seconds in reality. Persistence and determination had gripped her in full, adrenaline flooded into her body as the ripples in the force calmed. She had no pity for the rebels she would flatten in her charge. Kahla marched from her craft, through the dripping flames of her vessel, and began her hunt for the survivors of that crash. Her enemy would taste the plasma of her sabers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like a signal calling to her from the tree line, smoke stretched into the darkened sky. Without so much as a thought she began her charge, dashing towards the crash site. As she got close she slowed, keeping to shadows, dipping into craters. Hopefully she could catch them off guard, tending to wounded and pulling security. Their ship was large enough to pose a threat, though Kahla was quite certain that only a few could be combat ready after a crash like that. She made her way into the tree line quick and quiet as she could.

Approaching from the ground would be a fools errand, no doubt she would be spotted and mowed down effortlessly, even if it were just a rag-tag team, thrown together, disorganized, to disagree on how to do their job. Kahla made a leap into the branches, using the force to propel herself between the trees. She was high enough up not to be spotted immediately, but she was far from soundless. anyone paying enough attention would hear twigs snapping, leaves rustling as she made her way. Hopefully it could be passed off as lumber displaced by the crash.

A wolf among men. They were geared and ready to move, the dog barked orders to march on Theed; perfect, they'd pass right under her. She crouched in the branches above them as they started towards the fallen city, and in her study of the men she grew conscious of a warming in her left ear. No, it was hot, burning... She shut out sensation, ignored it. There were more pressing matters, as the troops had just gotten by her.

The Sith dropped from her perch, landing only meters away from their rear security with a heavy thud. She rose to her feet quickly and her saber screeched to life in her right hand. The red glow to her right blended with the burning orange on her left. Her left shoulder was ablaze where the burning concoction had dripped and caught her insulated robes. They were meant for the heat of sabers and blasters alike, but there was no more ignoring the pain smoldering fire.

There was no time to deal with it, as there was no pause before she began her onslaught. She raised her saber high, but swung low to catch the soldiers legs. Towards the end of the swing she turned the hilt around and stabbed towards the next man in line with the force aiding her every lunge. In her left hand her second saber shrieked and hummed as she slashed at the third trooper. The fire was irritating, annoying, Kahla's frustration began to boil through her attacks. She had gotten herself into the center of their column, she hoped to cut them off from each other. She got between the third and fourth man, both sabers ready. The fire had begun to spread slowly after each swing.

((1))

kahala.png.91259c682421c23e82bdf3466492cecc.png

Romulus stood up, a bit confused but not entirely as he assumed this Queen knew how to fly. He guessed. Then after hearing her words Vox steadied himself further and allowed all thought to fade, all concerns and any distractions faded until they were  silenced completely in his mind. When the crew had seen that the Queen aimed their ship for the Sith Fleet, they begun to panic. Equinox was trying to get Vox's attention while Romulus was starting in on the Queen. 
"Are you insane?! The while idea is to avoid them not get shit down!" 
"Romulus, Equinox, quiet..." Romulus softly said in a vocal manner, "Let me focus." 
When they arrived to the fleet it was evident the massive ships were focused on the planet. Vox felt they needed to be below the ships, being on the side or above would bring too much attention.  There was no uncertainty, just the Force, and Vox felt himself slip deeper into the depths of an ethereal self. He recommended staying underneath to help avoid the main guns that were firing, and then at one point he would guide the Queen to the bulkier side-up of one of the Destroyers just as a squad of Tie Fighters were deployed against the enemy who were already halfway past their fleet. 
"Stay very close to the ship... We'll need to fly around their guns and between them." Just as Vox said it the orders were followed. The ship was brought to the top of a Star Destroyer where the main guns produced bombardment on Naboo. The Fighters were quick to catch up, already trying to shoot down the silver vessel down. The odd movements and maneuvers of the ship however made it impossible for direct fire, and the two ships that did get a direct aim had been blown to pieces, another one had it's right wing blown off and it spiraled into another Tie Fighter. Within seconds, the Queens personal ship just passed the massive thrusters of the last Destroyer, clear to fly about. 
Clear, until more Tie Fighters were approaching from behind. Then with an almost electric like jolt, Vox quickly stated, "Now, jump!" Without fully knowing what that meant. 

Karys looked on as his apprentice, Solus charged forwards...ever eagar to please, overconfident and cocky. It reminded him much of how he once was, long ago now on his journey within the Darkness and when he was a apprentice himself. He knew in time it would change as the reality of his choice truly sunk in. And once he learnt to be a Sith was not a game, the stakes were higher than he could imagine.

It was a recent truth Akheron had accepted, and each had a part to play yet. For now though he let Solus unleash and through the blood of enemy deepen his connection to the Darkness and the Fanged God. He joined his apprentice in the fray, his lightsaber ablaze and his eyes changing, yellow was replaced with the black of midnight. If Solus were to sense in the force a change occurred as all emotion left his master.

Delving deep into the Dark he sped up his leg muscles and became a torrent of red and black. Quickly catching up with his apprentice he cut another 3 down as his lightsaber twirled in a tornado around his body, removing legs and arms from whoever stood in the way. 

Standing, observing the carnage they had unleashed, Akheron placed his saber away for now too as he spoke to Solus.

"It is a good start. You have done well and show much potential but remember....be mindful of your surroundings, use caution. Remain unpredictable, use the fury of battle to deepen your connection and you will unlock your ascendance soon enough. Our journey continues my apprentice, in the deepest depths of the Naboo Abyss we shall face our first true challenge here.

In the deep leviathans never sleep. Titans of the sea that can make meals of even a Sith, I do not say this out of fear but of caution my apprentice. You are young, eagar, confident....as I once was and yet to understand the potential within you, we have merely scratched the surface. Until you do you are not ready to face such beasts. Not yet. That said, our destination lays with them. 

Be on your guard and ever aware in the Darkness of the force, while down there. Use it as a guide where your eyes fail you. That said contact the flagship, let them know the area is secure and to send down the submersible transports. "

Akheron.jpg

Solus straightened up in pride at his master’s words. Just that piece of praise elated him even further. Still this time the words of caution didn’t fly right over his head. At least this time the words registered with the Shard. However, whether or not he would follow them would be something only time could tell. 

“Be on your guard and ever aware in the Darkness of the force, while down there. Use it as a guide where your eyes fail you. That said contact the flagship, let them know the area is secure and to send down the submersible transports."

Solus nodded and went to find the nearest Linnorm who could do that. He wasn’t exactly equipped with a way to contact the ships. 

A few moments went by. One of the transports was carrying a rather large submersible down to the swamp. Someone explained to Solus that it was an old Imperial submarine, Class-S. Large enough to carry 6 people, but small enough to navigate some of the tight tunnels in the Naboo Abyss. True, it had required some modifications. There were several harvester claws attached to it now, at the cost of taking off one of the laser cannons. Still, it would survive down there provided it didn’t fly into the teeth of a large fish. 

As the submarine was placed into the waters, Solus had a thought, and, at the water’s edge, asked his master quietly. 

“My great lor.....er, my master…” Solus shook his head, still trying to get used to the term. “Er, that Sorcerer back on the ship, he attached these…” 

Solus showed off the metal tubes with the propellers attached to his shoulders and ankles. For added effect, he spun them  and rotated them in a full 360 degrees with but a thought of his shard brain.

“I now can see where they may come into use. Shall I scout ahead a bit outside of the sub, allowing you to take another Linnorm with you? After all, I don’t believe I breathe, and could be of great use getting into the smaller crevices that this machine might struggle with.”

Part of this question was to simply test out the new attachments. But another was to have another opportunity to show how much use he could be to Akheron. After all, a Sith who didn’t need to breathe and could do the most unique tasks would be of much higher value, and deserving all the more praise. 

She could feel the man die not only through the jot of her blade crashing into the underside of his iron helmet, but through the force as well. Blood flash boiled to steam as it touched the golden blade and the man collapsed backwards, almost dragging her with him. She said a silent prayer as she pulled the blade free from the base of his neck, stumbling as she shifted her momentum to keep her from tripping and falling on her face over the dead Mandalorian. She stepped over him as the now all too familiar danger sense pricked at the back of her neck. 

But she had committed fully to defeating this first mandalorian, and now she would pay that price. She gritted her teeth as she felt the impact and sharp pain of something barbed smacking into her upper back. She was vaguely aware of two more darts whipping past her but she forgot about them as soon as their threat was negated. She completed her turn and took a step towards the last Mandalorian right as the Electrodart that had found purchase in her back made itself known. 

The little dart dumped its capacitor load right into the muscles along her spine. Her whole back went numb and if it was not for the force, she would have pitched face first into the fire that was now sweeping over the battlefield. Instead she fell into a crouch and her wounded arm touched the paved stone, leaving it coated in blood. The muscles in her back involuntarily tightened as electricity shot down them, but she kept to her feet. With a breath she let the force wash over her muscles, pulling the electric current through her and down through her wounded arm and into the ground. With effort she hauled herself to her feet and brought the golden lightsaber up into a low guard. Her back was burning with the pain from her muscles and she knew that she would have only one shot at this. 

She could sense the Mandalorian in the middle of the wall of flame, hidden within the blaze. It was time for a final strike. Even if it meant running through a wall of solid liquid flame. She let her eyes flutter closed as she let herself fall fully into the will of the force. There was no need for vision when she had the force, and open eyes could be burned. 

She pushed off with her back leg and let the force flow through every step. She burst through the wall of flame as fast as the force would carry her, barely noticing that her tunics edges were ablaze. Her saber flashing for a single strike that would, force willing, cut the mandalorian in half. 

((3))

Actions: Took an electro dart in the back, which hindered and slowed her return to the fight. Used the force to make a final slash at Tros's stomach.

“I would say that this qualifies as a sign.” Darth Nyrys said wryly, pulling the almost dead Sith Lord to his feet. Her muscles felt a little cramped, as if she had been holding the same position for days, but she dismissed it easily, she was no stranger to pain. Even in his armor she was able to lift Darth Mavanger to his feet with relative ease. The politics and mistrust of other Sith were far less present among the warriors, who put greater emphasis on utility than ambition. 

“I’ll get you to medevac so that they can have you back in the fight in no time.”

When they reached the guards she had left at the door, she ordered them to call in a shuttle to rendezvous at the throne room, might as well kill two birds with one stone and see if the Naboo could provide any inspiration for her own eventual throne room. It was one of life’s great ironies that the creatively minded were so often opposed to the same institutions that were in the best positions to allow them to express their talents. The Naboo had a beautiful culture that was built upon the mass graves of many gungans, not that they ever mentioned that bit. The self righteous always wanted peace, after they had gotten their fill of conquest.

• Like 1

NYRYS.png

Mordecai snarled at the Dark Lord's words. Not out of dislike for her- In this day alone, she had done more to prove herself worthy than the Spider ever had. At the very least, she was deserving of an opportunity to prove herself. Instead, he was angry at himself. He had allowed himself to fall this way, to meet his demise by rushing in unprepared. He had even chided his former apprentice many times on doing the same thing. He had made a blunder, and an important one, but his time was not over. The Jedi had failed to make sure he'd stay dead, and their order would suffer for it.

"I shall not return to Naboo today. This battle has shown that I am unprepared in my current state. I will re-forge myself in the blood of my enemies, and I will return. When you need me next, I will be there."

He broke away, turning to face the new Dark Lord and size her up. She carried herself like a warrior. Good. They would need more fighters in the days to come- Mon Cal had extracted a heavy toll- not just on him personally, but the Sith Empire itself lost many prominent Lords when it fell. With Inmortos dead and Apothos missing, their numbers dwindled. He pulled out an extra communicator, tossing it to the Dark Lord. before turning and making his exit.

"Use it wisely."

mavms.png

Akheron listened even as hastily erected funeral pyres were put about and bodies of the Linnorms lost in battle in the name of the Fanged God were committed to the flames, allowing the smell of burning bodies to fill the area and ash floated in the air. As was Clan Brasganu tradition. The Sith Lord paid his final respects, motioning that as his apprentice and also a member of the clan this was also expected of him. 

He spoke briefly the clan motto "Death remembers all." before moving on.

With this he hoped it would help Solus towards forming the discipline and respect expected of a warrior. And also allow him to gain some manner of further respect from the Linnorms. The bodies of the gungans and and beasts were carted aside and tossed into the swamp where the submersibles were not placed. A smile formed. Phase One of Operation: Leviathan was complete and the entire operation was off to a good start, now the next stage was to begin.

As his apprentice finished speaking, he answered. Truth be told he had wondered about the attachments, he wasn't even sure why the Master of Cloth had even bothered to fit them. Afterall his apprentice was well equipped to swim as any normal sentient now, with legs to paddle in the water. Stitch-Mouth must have been intoxicated again on one of experimental serums. 

"I did wonder about those. Our Master Of Cloth seems to have taken leave of his senses again....those attachments were not necessary, you have legs with which to swim like a sentiant and arms. No matter, we shall have to make do for now. As to your suggestion, it is a excellent idea. Your uses become more, keep it up. 

Take a scouting party of our Mon Calamari and Quarren Linnorms with you. Guide our submersible craft a path through the Abyss, it shall each excellent test of your capabilities, to truly test your awareness in the force. But before that, you must learn how, as such here is your next lesson. You may have stretched out on a small scale before but for this...more is required."

Pausing he continued.

"As before relax, and focus your hatred and rage. Only this time, expand it outwards...focus upon everyone and everything in the area and focus your energy, expand your awareness. Think of a ship scanning or radar...it is more or less the same principles only with no equipment or visual map. Instead we must build a map using the force by following the threads and pulling at them to show us what we wish to see. Albeit as before it is not without cost, so you must again practice to maintain it longer. Try now, briefly to conserve energy. See how far you can see using just your awareness in the force. After this we descend into the depths."

Akheron.jpg

Rising from the ashes of what should have been a fatal crash had it not been for Colonel Von Howlster and the Pilot's ability to react quickly, Mythos and five members of the 432nd bathed in Alliance Light Armor emerged from their would be graves. Having managed to gather three E-11D Carbines along with two FWG-7 Flechette Launchers, the group set off toward Theed with a vengeful purpose. Their mission had started out as a rescue mission, but now as Theed sat on the horizon in utter destruction and their ship in need of repairs, it became a mission of life and death. Mythos knew this. All six of them did. Either they would die here at the hands of the enemy, or they would find a way off this burning rock and back to the Alliance. These were the only two outcomes.

As their trek to Theed began, Mythos turned his nose to the air. That scent had grown closer now and seemed atop them. His gaze shifted about as he unsheathed his black powder scatter rifle and brought it to his forefront, Pecal and Ichi at his rear with the two FWG-7 and Dogga, Sesil, and Andrew at the rear with the E-11D Carbines. Grumbling under his breath, he alerted Pecal and had Pecal alert Dogga of potential enemies inbound as the group fell into unison and began their forward march.

As the enemy made their rearview appearence, however, even Mythos found himself slightly off guard by the attack with Sesil quick to fall to the emerging Sith's blade as his legs were sliced cleanly in half with Andrew barely clearing the Sith's aim by centimeters with a quick action jump upward as the girl turned her attention quickly to Dogga. Backpedaling, Dogga, Pecal, and Ichi focused their fire in her general direction in close quarters, two rounds of Flechettes waiting in aim and Dogga's E-11D Carbine igniting in the haste and confusion as Andrew himself backpedaled himself and barely escaping friendly fire.

All the while, Mythos stood in his singular position as his men backpedaled in all directions as he aimed his scatter rifle and let loose it's own volley. This Sith may have been powerful and quick, but she had placed herself in the center of hellfire.

((1))

Actions: Mythos picked up Kahla's scent in the previous post and continued into this one despite not being able to hone into her position. Sesil's legs were cleaved in half but Andrew escaped both the Sith's attack and Dogga's on Kahla as the entire group is backpedaling save for Mythos. Currently there are blaster bolts being fired at close range along with a single blast from a scatter rifle with two rounds of Flechette waiting in aim.

Tros could feel his rage and anger getting stronger as the flames and spread all around. His HUD was now tracking the jetii, but with some strain, as the flames around caused the body heat to blend in slightly. Her outline and a small trace of health stats were the main things he was able to track, and only barely. She began to move and the Mandalorian knew within an instant that he had to stop pouring into the flames and get ready for a more defensive action, or an offensive action. As he stopped pouring the flames, he realized his time frame was shorter than expected, as the jetii was moving quicker then he was prepared for. With little time to think, Tros picked up both vambraces in cross like fashion and bent himself low in protection against the oncoming lightsaber's blade. 

The swing felt wild and chaotic, his vambraces catching some of it and slowing down a majority of deadly swing. Him bending low had the blade catch his upper right shoulder, cutting through his right pauldron, but not fully. His arm burned as the blade took out the tech equipment on both vambraces, but did not cut through the vambraces due to the pure beskar.  Tros knew he was vulnerable, so he quickly blasted himself into the air with his jetpack to avoid letting the jetii make anymore attempts at him. Upon getting into the air, he looked down and his HUD showed a chaotic scene of heat and a now very blurry outline with health stats that blended into the entire scene below. While he knew that at his current height and distance away from the jetii, using his rocket on his jetpack would also cause for him to get caught in the blast slightly. He decided within less than a millisecond that it was better to use it and end the jetii versus letting this entire fight drag on. Simultaneously he curled himself into a ball to better protect against the blast that would follow as he launched the rocket on his jetpack in the general direction of where the jetii was last at. 

((3))

Tros took the blade against his right shoulder, putting a massive cut into his upper arm and lost all of his tech on both vambraces. Fired a rocket at Alcmene at a close-ish range. 

• Like 1

"I did wonder about those. Our Master Of Cloth seems to have taken leave of his senses again....those attachments were not necessary, you have legs with which to swim like a sentient and arms. No matter, we shall have to make do for now.

Solus stared at his master and his words, confused. For the first time, he didn’t understand why Akheron thought this way.  Stitch-Mouth seemed completely sound of mind, at least from what Solus could see. Solus never heard him speak a word, but the glares when the shard spoke, the meat he gave to Tear, the utter sense of contempt for everyone…

For the first time, Solus realized that not everyone in the Sith thought alike. 

“As to your suggestion, it is a excellent idea. Your uses become more, keep it up. Take a scouting party of our Mon Calamari and Quarren Linnorms with you. Guide our submersible craft a path through the Abyss, it shall each excellent test of your capabilities, to truly test your awareness in the force”

Solus beamed a bit with pride, at least silently. It was hard to express emotion with no facial muscles. Still, he did straighten up and his arms and hands reflexively tightened with excitement. 

“But before that, you must learn how, as such here is your next lesson. You may have stretched out on a small scale before but for this...more is required. As before, relax, and focus your hatred and rage. Only this time, expand it outwards…”

Solus nodded and began to disconnect from his body again for a moment, like he did back on the transport down to the surface. It was a little easier this time. Perhaps it was because of the wound in the force, or because he was more relaxed, or because he had just gotten a word of praise from his master, but Solus found it much less frightening to try to open himself to the impossible geometries. 

It was still beautiful as always. Solus doubted that the Impossible Geometries would ever be ugly. It was much more sickly now, with all the death and destruction that had just happened. But it was still beautiful. Solus could see and recognize Akheron’s presence, a powerful cacophony of shapes, colors and lines that were almost overbearing. Like a cloud of death or a wind of murder given a new form. 

Solus could also see himself a bit better. The presence of his own body as a conglomeration of images and smells and tastes. But it was less red now. Less anger. Less rage. 

“Odd” Solus pondered, not realizing he was still connected to his body and thus spoke out loud. “Still, maybe it's always like that. Perhaps I  must...focus.”

"But focus on what? Anger? But what gives me...them...my Shardmates.... Indeed. They did that torture to me. But now they are gone. But I am here. Yet why did they feel good and I didn’t? That’s not fair. No...not fair at all. I should have experienced peace like them. But I wasn’t good for them. No no no…”

Solus could see it now. A cloud of red. Anger emitting from his body. But there were some stripes of sickly yellow-green. Envy. His sin that he identified with back on Korriban with Lady Sirena. 

“Anger and Envy. A deadly combination” Solus mused, and put more thoughts about his shardmates and how lucky they had it. The lines of envy grew alongside the clouds of anger, dashing about like the lines inside Solus’ shard. 

“Now...to just let it...not go...um...search? Yes, search…”

The anger began to spread out from his body into the impossible geometries. It filled those odd spaces where nothing existed, and wrapped around new objects. Objects Solus hadn’t seen before. As the cloud did that, the stripes of envy slashed towards the objects and gave them shape. The leaves, the bodies, his master...they were a little clearer now. He could see the individual bugs crawling up his torso. The fires consuming the bodies. The…

Solus stopped. Behind him in the impossible geometries he saw a splotch of red, green, and yellow. The splotch was growing in intensity. Solus focused on that spot, letting the clouds of anger drift towards it. It was in a tree. Solus focused harder, guiding the envious lines. They began to make a trace of something. Something humanoid? And the center of the colors Solus could see…

Solus whipped around, his hands barely catching the spear that had been hurled at the shard. 

“There! We missed one!” Solus called out, pointing out the Gungan who had somehow avoided the slaughter. The Linnorms quickly rushed and killed the last warrior, eager to get another kill in. Solus chuckled, for it was Tear who got to the Gungan, knocked him out of the tree, and tore him apart. 

Solus turned back to Akheron, his pride not hiding at all. True his body still felt a bit drained, but not as intensely as when he pulled the Gungan into the charge. 

“How was that my master? Oh ho ho, the Force is truly amazing! Haha! Truly I will be a god-like being soon if I continue this, correct? Haha, yes, truly amazing...” 

“Hit the deck!” Cried a soldier at Bryce’s right. One of the gloriously polished Naboo shuttlecraft, this one a sleek, needle-like yacht the size of a medium freighter, had just lit its sublight engines and was rushing at the four Talons at the entrance of the hangar. The marines fell prone to the deck and a wash of wind and searing heat swept over Bryce’s armored back. The rush of exhaust blasted the marine off of the deck and sent her into a battering halt, bouncing her against the waxed surface of the hangar deck until the collisions finally depleted her momentum.

“No joy, Talons.” the Bespinian groaned as she staggered to her feet. Nothing seemed to be broken, aside from a cosmetic crack in her faceplate. However, a brief scan confirmed that the hangar was now quite empty, aside from a pair of the slim starfighters favored by Naboo Royal Starfighter Corps. Even those were two-seater spacecraft, marked with bright blue at their wingtips: unarmed training craft, most likely. No escape would be found for her men from the Queen’s starfighter corps. “Repeat, no transports are available at the Royal Starport.”

“Lead, Dorn. Several transports remain in the Palace Plaza.  Plenty of space for the company, only…

“Only?”

Lot of infantry, wide open spaces. We’ll be a sitting duck for those starfighters.”

The tall Marine made a circling motion with the fingers on her left hand, signaling the remainder of her platoon to form on her lead. The formation jogged out of the hangar and towards the waterfalls directly under the Queen’s palace. “Copy, Dorn. We’ll need to risk it. Lay down some suppressive fire and we’ll hit them from the opposite side.”

At the edge of the waterfall, Bryce made an easy hop and gave the jetpack a brief burst. The Sith were now growing wise to their airborne attacks, and small arms fire was now beginning to track her flight despite her attempts to weave unpredictably. A streak of heat stung at her leg--a reflexive glance caught the crimson streak of a near-miss from the streets. The marine veered in her course, diverting from the jade-roofed towers that overlooked the promenade and towards the tall windows that lined the sides of the royal palace’s upper halls.

“Brace for collision.” Bryce uttered seconds before the repulsorlift-powered glide sent her crashing through the glass, spraying shards onto the polished floors and the startled Sith occupants below--a dozen crashes tore the air to her sides as the remainder of her squad made a similar egress. Both sides equally surprised by the forced entry into the chambers of the evacuated Queen, the Talons rained blaster fire onto their exposed foes. Blaster bolts streaking through her torn belt-spat and creasing her pauldrons as her glide descended, Bryce simply focused on landing fire on the exposed chests and heads of the Sith troopers as they scurried for cover.

“No time for prisoners, just stun ‘em.” Bryce growled as her feet touched the polished stone floors. A pair of stun blasts silenced the groans of the wounded Sith occupiers. Two of the marines shouldered the weight of one of their own wounded. Glass cracking under her plastoid boots, the Bespinian jogged towards a set of tall windows overlooking the Palace Promenade. Through those windows, she could watch as several of the angular Sith troop transports were being harassed by blaster fire and rifle-grenades from the remainder of her soldiers, their turrets sweeping back and forth to rake the rooftops with blaster fire.

“Go, get Javs out first. Take the nearest transport and move down the plaza. I’ll provide cover fire.” Bryce smashed a hole in the window with the butt of her carbine. She snapped the weapon up to a check weld, taking careful aim on a pair of Sith soldiers using the landing pylons of a transport for cover. The rest of the squad battered a man-sized breach in the glass and made a gliding egress towards the rubble-strewn flagstones of the Palace Promenade.

They were so close...

captbryce.png.2c8f791ababda85e8e03e99cfa70b878.png

It was exciting to see them scramble for position, caught so off guard and surprised. She could almost taste the fear in the air. But the fear didn't last nearly as long as she'd hoped, as they began firing almost immediately, even nearly hitting one of their own. They must have been special forces, or at least in service for some time. Thankfully she hadn't lost the chance to instill dread into their hearts.

At the center of attention, her skills would be on full display. The force as her guide, her blades twisted and visibly distorted, swung at unfathomable speed to catch the blaster bolts launched at her. As she tapped into the force the burning of her shoulders couldn't be ignored any longer. The pain went from an irritant to much more present problem. It was searing into her flesh now. She could stop now, retreat and deal with it before it got out of hand, but a moment of genius struck her. If she retreated now she'd be out of place, easily countered, she'd stand no chance. The fire would have to continue burning, and it was because of them. The pain that coursed through her mind and body was because of them.

The pup that lead the group had singled himself out, a challenge to be sure. Kahla saw through the distraction, citing in her mind that he'd purposefully put himself in harms way for his men. A pathetic rebel sentiment. While her own men meant a lot to her, at the end of the day her power was absolute, she could accomplish more in their place, their sacrifice would be heavy, but for the greater good. She snapped her attention back to the man she'd failed to slay, who avoided her stab with a simple jump, the fire in her eyes burning as bright as the flames she wore. If she had to burn because of them, then they will know her pain tenfold.

As Kahla lunged, her steel foot digging into the soil, and a cloud of iron grazed across her unburnt right shoulder. Though only a few, pellets had embedded themselves in her flesh and muscle, and had torn her robes, inviting fuel for the spreading fire. She sprinted to him, the determination and hatred showed no outward sign of the pain the metal had caused. He'd put barely enough distance between them for her to be weary still of the bolts that chased her, and so she pounced into the air with a high leap to throw off the lead shots.

Kahla brought her sabers down with absolute malice and distain as she fell unto the man, both of his shoulders were her target. Her sabers cried out as they impacted the dirt, and without hesitation she turned and bolted to the second one she'd swung at in her first flurry, Her left saber came down in a slash from shoulder to hip, her right saber quickly followed up with a stab towards his chest. She locked eyes with the mutt, she wanted him to watch as she cut down his men, one by one. Of all of them, even herself, he'd experience the most suffering this day.

((Offensive Actions)) ((Defensive Actions/Damage Taken))

((2))

kahala.png.91259c682421c23e82bdf3466492cecc.png

Akheron watched, observing as his apprentice attempted the task he had set. He was a rather peculiar being but slowly he was growing on him...and the fact he so far wasn't another wasted talent was also a good thing. So far it appeared things were improving, the Darkness and the Fanged God seemed to be favouring the Sith.

"Not bad, perhaps you may one day be as you describe but not yet. You must first break your chain's. Now is your first true test, descend and scout ahead as we discussed...let nothing stop you and the Linnorms. To fail is to bring disgrace upon the clan, this must not happen. Trust in the Darkness of the Fanged God and we shall succeed. Trust in your instincts, your anger and rage.

However before you descend there one more lesson to impart. Words to ponder upon as you swim in the deep of the Naboo Abyss. Words that have guided the Sith for generations and which allow us to better understand our own Darkness...to unlock the first chain."

Pausing a moment with reverence he spoke, serious about the words he said next.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Think on each line, contemplate this mantra of ours...the Sith Code. From it draw your own conclusions, even as you stretch out in the force. Allow your own Darkness to be your guide. Now let us begin my apprentice, it is time to bring the Fanged God his due."

He hoped that would do as requested, even as he entered a submersible after motioning that Solus was free to begin. Solus was now on his own and would need to trust in the Darkness. Or so the Sith Lord thought  As the submersible descended, Darth Akheron focused in the force, meditating, feeding on the destruction that was being wrought around them on the planet. He would aid Solus in his own way.

Akheron.jpg