Byss

Darth Heretic

Being in the air DeCaro could not dodge the attacks. instead he pulled his knees to his chest in a hope to shield himself from the incoming blows. The two kicks hit his knees and shins very painfully and then DeCaro felt a very firm hand closed around his throat. Unable to breath DeCaro began to panick and as his vison began to dim he lased out with all his strength. Since he was not on the ground, he lashed out in an attempt to kick his master in the ribs. He put all his force behind the kick so if it connected it would do some serious damage. The only way he could avoid the blow was to release DeCaro.

After he could breathe again, DeCaro would formulate a new plan.

DeCaroSig.jpg

((Lucifer didn't even grab your throat he just jabbed it))

Jumping back Lucifer dodged the kicks before quickly performing a sweeping kick at DeCaro's feet intended to trip the miraluka as his left arm came down in a hammer like motion to his chest hoping to catch him if the first strike landed.

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

Byss- the vacation resort planet of the Galaxy, remade by cosmic will of a Sith Lord in times past.

Sure, it was a secret labratory of the dark side and all but a prison planet set up by Emperor Palpatine.

Even so, its reputation as a resort planet proceeded it, especially in the simple mind of the fuzzy Ewok, Willet Wolly, determined to make a strike against the decadent capitalists.

Landing a bloodstained X-wing, carrying a heavy 3 foot long, double-bladed durasteel vibro-axe in one hand, and the severed leg of Evan Blacksun in the other, it was time for a bloodbath.

EWOKS RULE ALL!!! rotj-wicket.gif

za25wPx.jpg

Totus vestri substructio es adiungere nobis

Leaping over the sweeiping kick DeCaro landed behind his master and lashed out with absolutley no hesitation. The first blow woul strike his left kidney and directly after his second blowwouldstrike his right kidney If all went according to plan DeCaro would sucessfully stun his master for a momentgiving him the edge he needed.

DeCaroSig.jpg

As Decaro struck Lucifer rolled away before suddenly stopping. It was as if the force suddenly spoke to him as it always did but this time it was different, it was a foreboding or so was the feeling and that was never good.

Motioning the miraluka to stop the sith lord spoke.

''We shall continue inside. I think we have exposed ourselves to prying eyes for too long on this beach let us move to the arena inside.''

With that the kiffar sith lord opened up the secret entrance moving inside before opening the secret hangar entrance on the clifftop so his ship could land inside and remain hidden long with him, his apprentice and the secrets of the fortress. Sending a message via his neural implant the ship's AI manauvered the ship inside before the secret hangar entrance closed and sealed shut hiding any visible signs of anyone being on the beach.

As soon as the ship was inside and the sith lord and his apprentice along with it Lucifer shut close the cliffside entrance to the beach, to the normal eye there was no entrance just a cliff of no value. The fotress location was a secret and always had been for years since the kiffar's former master had dissapeared and even before then...the kiffar had no intention of letting anyone other than those he trusted of knowing it's location and as such had gone to great measures to ensure it's secrecy.

There were no official or unofficial records of it's existence and no details as to it's exact location stored anywhere. Those details were locked securely inside the sith lord's mind of which few could access if at all.

Walking down to the arena Lucifer spoke as he stood on the sand floor now in relative safety.

''We may now continue. Come at me as before remember what I said.''

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

DeCaro once again sank into his fighting stance, his muscles screaming in protest. Fatigue was setting in but he had to keep going. He leapt forward clsoing the gap between his master and himself in an instant. He swung both arms simultainously towards his masters head hoping to cut his hands around his master's ears and disorent him long enough to deal out more punishing blows. By cupping shis hands about his ears it would temporarily stun and deafen him and also throw him off balance.

If the blow struck home he would imediatly follow it up with a strike to the solar plexus with his right knee while at the same instant a crushing left hook the the right side of his master's jaw. If the first blow was deflected DeCaro would attempt to put distance between them and formulate a new plan.

DeCaroSig.jpg

Lucifer instantly ducked low to avoid both hands before kicking out at both of DeCaro's kneecaps as he landed on the floor.

Rolling up the kiffar moved to deliver a solid hit to the kidneys as the miraluka lowered that hopefully would send him the other way to the floor for a brief moment.

Lucifer spoke.

''That is enough, now let us move on. For your next task you shall not face me but a droid or two. It is time we sped up your learning process...perhaps with multiple enemies you will learn faster as I anticipate you should. Use your rage in combination with Teras Kasi and you will become a lethal weapon.''

With a press of a button on his gauntlet the sith lord activated six Terror Trooper V.1 prototypes, cyborgs...he used as training droids, which were relics of the past.

The kiffar spoke standing back to give DeCaro room to manauver.

''Now use the following techniques...Forraderi upon which uses deception or treatchery upon the first cyborg.

On the second Gorax smash so named after the gigantic gorax species.

On the third Gronda stomp named after the Corellian Gronda.

On the fourth a Gundark slap named after the gundark species.

On the fifth a Leaping veermok named after the leaping movement of the veermok and as such the technique follows similar movement.

On the sixth use Nexu Grin named after the nexu of Cholganna.

After this I shall speak of more...you must complete the task before this hour glass stops.''

With that Lucifer tipped a sand hourglass over letting the sand aprticles fall freely as he held it waiting for his apprentice to begin.''

Akheron.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

((OK it's been nearly a month so this is a legal double post. I'm going to advance this along, sorry DeCaro but if you want to continue your training I suggest you find Lucifer in the future since his not going to wait around IC))

Eventually the hourglass sands stopped flowing as the particles of sand settled at the bottom of the glass, time itself seemed to stop withi nthose few seconds but not before the kiffar sith lord spoke at seeing his apprentice again fail his task.

''You have failed me again my apprentice. Clearly you did not learn from your past lesson...if this be the case then you shall learn now the consequances of your inaction.''

With that Lucifer began to draw upon the darkside and drain his apprentice of his life energy, not to the point of death but barely skimming it. He would fall unconscious first and slip into a coma maybe for days...possibly weeks either way it mattered little to the kiffar.

All tha mattered was that he learnt a hard lesson...always be aware. As soon as DeCaro had slipped into his coma the sith lord spoke to a protocol droid who stood nearby. It was time to find this new Dark Lord he had heard of and confirm his allegiance to him...not only that but to reveal himself to the galaxy as a force to be reckoned with by doing his new Dark Lord's bidding. The kiffar grew tired of inaction and wished for something more, the warrior in him wanted to do something for the Sith Order as a whole.

''Help him to the bacta tanks, see to it he remains there until he awakes whenever that may be. Once he awakes inform him I have left on business and to seek me out...that it shall be as a test to him.''

With that sentiment Lucifer made his way up the stairs from the arena to the hangar where his ship waited. Upon entering the correct secuirty measures and opening the ramp the kiffar powered up his ship as he entered the codes to 'open' the clifftop roof to allow his ship out into the atmosphere.

Upon exiting and directing the ship into the deep, dark of space Lucifer input the correct co-ordinates to Coruscant, knowing well if there was any place in the galaxy the Dark Lord would be it would be at the sith temple on that city planet. Once the co-ordinates were input the sith lord pushed a single button sending the ship hurtling into hyperspace.

Akheron.jpg

• 11 months later...

The smell of the fresh sea air, rushed inside the ship and washed away the stale air that had been recycled during the journey as The Black Heart finally reappeared from hyperspace above the planet before descending below for the beachhead. As the craft landed Lucifer descended the ramp, taking in the scenary. Byss was the way he always remembered it. It's dark waters crashed against the rocks at the base of the cliffs, where an observation post once stood. The redish-orange sand, covered his feet as he treaded toward the base of the cliff. Bulky, gray clouds formations hung in the skies above, casting large patches of shadow across the landscape. Lucifer didn't even bother to turn to see if his apprentice was following, but walked as though he were being guided by a unknown power, this was the darkside leading the way home or rather to his fortress.

Lucifer stood in front of the cliff wall, scanning the rocks from left to right, before finding a hidden panel. With a wave of his hand, a computerized display screen emerged from a hidden nook now covered in seaweed. He placed his hand on the scanner and after a few moments of clearing away the weeds, and was rewarded the sound of servoes moving and locking bolts disengaging from the hidden entrance. The stone outer shell moved inward and slid sideways, revealing a metal door behind it, that opened slowly. The outside light cast the sith lords shadow, deep into the corridor. There was no light and it smelled as though moss may have taken root in the passageway. Lucifer walked through the doorway and into the darkness, feeling the damp coolness of the stone steps as he descended. His eyes were visible, one glowing brightly and one chekcing the area as it's robotic servo's were designed to do, as Lucifer compensated for the lack of light.

At the end of the passageway, was a large door. When Lucifer approached the door, a series of small lights begin to illuminate the path from which he had came. Using the force, the door opened revealing a large room. Thirteen torches hung on the walls, igniting in sequence around the room. The room was made of a combination of carved blue-gray stone and black duracrete. The walls were decorated with various painting and scrolls, that were acquired in travels by his former master Darth Mortis Diabolus decades before he finally vanished maybe forever. A broken white statue of a woman, dressed in traditional Sith attire, rested in the far eastern corner of the room. Next to the stairwell, was a massive stone structure that appeared to be a forge.

Further along was another newer stairwell that led down and descended into another floor beneath where Drake stood, it was here that a large locked door lay that contained the various holocrons, scrolls and text that had been collected over the years by both his former master and recently by him.

The door was a recent additon as the sith lord had seen a need to secure the more...valueble of the objects within the cave complex in a much better way and had such paid a sizeable sum for a security retrofit to include various turrets, slugthrower gatling cannons throughout the cave and various other such security devices...although some of the more...deadly items of security were not your standard type, they were especially created using arcane sith rituals that would leave no doubt as to whom this cave belonged.

Entering the code into the security interface and then allowing himself to be subjected to all manner of tests that included but was not exclusive to a bioscanner, eye scan, fingerprint scan, DNA scan and voice scanner the sith lord was eventually allowed inside the vault like structure. Allowing the door to open the full length the kiffar walked inside once the 10 inch cortosis plated door opened to view the contents inside.

Lookign through the objects the kiffar located what he was searching for...a box of Krayt Dragon Pearl's. They had been part of a collection at a auction and Lucifer happened to be interesting in them at the time, as it turned out they were the real deal and quite valueble however after several bribes and assassinations later he acquired them at little cost and inconveniance.

Ascending to the forge again Lucifer stopped short of his apprentice Drake and spoke as he handed over the ornate box containing the pearls.

''Lord Muerte. It is time for you to decide on your weapon. This forge has the supplies needed to create whatever your mind can dream up. If you choose the way of the lightsaber, there are materials to create your syn-crystal or you may pick a Krayt Dragon Pearl from the box...they say these are the most potent when making a sabre for a sith, when combined with a focusing crystal they will make a truly powerful weapon.

Or you can go the traditional route and create a Sith Sword or Tremor Sword. A return to the old ways, so to speak. The advantage of the sword is that it can be infused with various qualities a lightsabre cannot, such as poisons or arcane sith magic designed to harm or hinder your foe.

Choose and together we will summon the spirit of a great Sith Weapon Master. It will instruct you and I will watch over the process as my master did before me."

With that Lucifer waited for an answer.

Akheron.jpg

OOC: sorry i havent posted in a few days been busy

IC: Drake opened his mouth slightly then closed it. He had not been aware of the many different choices in the construction of his weapon. He could see the benefits of both the sith sword and the lightsaber. After a moment of quiet contemplation Drake spoke.

"Master could you please tell me more about the Sith swords and their unique properties before i decide?" With that the Codru-ji awaited an answer from his Master.

Lucifer contemplated his apprentice before replying. Quickly, accurately to the best of his knowledge and precise.

''Sith Swords are melee weapons that have been used by Sith from all walks of life...since the earliest days of the Ancient Sith Empire, from 6,900 BBY to approximately 5,000 BBY and even in today's supposed 'modern' age, I myself have two such sith swords... scimitars that are always close to hand.

Though similar to the bladed weapons utilized by the ancient Jedi, Sith Swords are distinguished from Jedi Katana's by their fundamental nature—Sith Swords are both powered by and 'empowered' by the dark side of the Force to different levels of effectiveness according to how you make it.

Sith Swords are constructed through various metallurgical and magical means, transmuting base metals into an alchemical alloy possessing an unusual affinity for dark side energies. The rare metallic compounds used in its construction may frequently result in a blade being far heavier than its 1.4 meter length would indicate—6.5 kilograms, or over triple the weight of a vibro-ax, though the weight can be drastically altered by using different metals. There are a few examples of smaller swords massing as little as 3kg. Regardless, it often requires great strength of body as well as in the Force to successfully wield the weapon however it does come with it's own benefits.

A user skilled in the dark side can alter a swords molecular structure, making it stronger and sharper, and reverse its magnetic polarity, turning it into a high-temperature superconductor that can be used to deflect blaster bolts and other particle weapons as if magnetically sealed or add poison to slow your foe or even as my sword cause your enemies skin to rot upon contact with flesh. The rare ores used in its construction resist lightsabres in much the same manner as Cortosis and Phrik Alloy, while its polished surface reflects laser beams and other coherent light weapons like a mirror. But perhaps most significantly, the weapon serves as a focus for the dark energies of its wielder, amplifying the users power and refining your control until you may become a walking nexus of dark side power in some instances.

Lightsabre are effective but some Sith just prefer to use Sith Swords or tremor Swords either for tradition, or because they prefer the more visceral feeling of sword cutting through flesh and bone. The thrill of inflicting pain and seeing the blood spill of their enemies onto the floor as opposed to a lightsabre which simply sears or burns the infected area closed.

That said there is another more unknown property of Sith Swords. Due to the weapon's magnetic properties a Sith Sword will sometimes react unusually to discharges of Force lightning; The blade will attract and absorb the energy, storing it like an electric capacitor until the blade makes contact with a substantial physical object, whereupon the amplified electrical energy will discharge— to an extremely devastating effect.

A fact that you may find useful as a addition weapon in your arsenal should you choose such a weapon. That said you may choose either a lightsabre as your weapon or choice, a Sith Sword or both. The choice is yours alone to make for your weapon is a extension of yourself and your personality...it is your reflection taken form.''

Akheron.jpg

Drinking in his Master's words on Sith Swords the more he began to take to the idea of carrying them instead of a lightsaber. His Master also did bring up a fair point, the feeling of a weapon cleaving through flesh and bone opposed to the quick cauterizing effect of a lightsaber. Moreover if his quarry escaped he could leave them mortally wounded and in danger of bleeding to death or even dieing of poison before they could seek medical attention. He had made his decision.

"Master I have chosen. I wish to wield Sith Swords," Drake stated an evil grin curling the corners of his mouth.

((OK I want a detailed description of the making of the sword or swords and the process it goes through from forging to bonding))

Lucifer gave a nod as he spoke.

''Very well. Then let us begin the process.''

A holocron that had previously been in Lucifer's possession, now hovered in the air between master and apprentice. Lucifer moved the puzzle-like pieces of the holocron's outer shell in the sequence required to access the data stored within it. The holocron opened with a hiss, as it was slowly lowered to the floor.

Lucifer took a kneeling position, lowered himself, on to the cobble stoned floor. He closed his eyes, searching his memory for the words to summon the spirit from within. His lips began to move before the sounds of his words became audible. The words flowed from him in the foreign tongue of the ancient Sith.

A figure emerged from the holocron. It was hard to see at first, as it took time for it to take shape. As it materialized, Lucifer and his apprentice could see that the spirit's shape was semi muscular and imposing in stature. A male Sith Hybrid stood before them clothed in ancient looking medium armor, with some of his skin exposed. His belt was decorated with various weapons, some familiar, others crude and savage looking.

Upon his face was the distinctive extended chin that was familiar with most sith pure bloods while the rest was human like.

The figure spoke.

"I am Ludo Kressh, Dark Lord of the Sith. Who seeks my knowledge?"

Lucifer replied.

"Lord Kressh, my apprentice seeks to learn the ways of Sith Sword creation. He humbly requests your guidence in the creation of a truely unique weapon unrivaled by any Jedi or Sith alike to be as deadly as the ones you once held. Lord Muerte's mastery and savagery with your weapons, will become legendary and bring great honor to your great name."

With that Lucifer offered several rare sabre crystals.

"Your offer is most pleasing, Lord Lucifer. Pray that your apprentice can live up to what you have promised. I will grant him what he desires."

Lucifer motioned for Muerte lower his head, as Ludo placed a ghostly hand above his head. The knowledge and know how were instantly available in his able mind. With his task completed, Ludo drew his ghostly sword and rendered a salute before returning to the holocron.

I was at that moment that Lucifer led Muerte to the forge and spoke as they stopped in front of it and the surrounding metals and other assorted materials required for the making of lightsabres or swords.

''You have what you need around you. The next step is creation, When you create your sword, remember to infuse a piece of yourself into it. This will create a bond between you and the weapon, making it easier for you to control and sense it. Use the tomes here to imbue the weapon with whatever you desire be it to sharpen, lessen the weight, poison or affect your enemy in whatever manner you so desire. I will leave you to your task."

He said, leaving his apprentice alone with the forge as he proceeded to his room at the end of the hallway before entering, closing the door and activating the console on his desk...checking the holonet he came across something of great interest and that which caused such rage to fan out from within him seemingly causing the fortresses entire walls to shake momentarily before subsiding.

The kiffar had a single flow through his mind as he saw the destruction of the Coruscant Sith Temple on the camera feed provided by one of the local news crews that had managed to slip past the tight cordon CoreSec had set up.

The Jedi and their allies will pay for this sacrilege.

Once he went to Gala much blood would spill before he was through.

Edited by Guest

Akheron.jpg

Drake watched his Master leave the Forge shutting the door behind him. Looking around at the lit forge an idea formed in his mind for a blade design. Two swords each one 48 inches long from pommel to sword tip and held together by a three foot length of chain made from the same materials as his new blade, in order to keep from breaking. Nodding to himself he gathered the required materials.

Taking various metals the main one being mandalorian iron, Drake threw them together into a smelter melting them down to create the ore for his blades. This process took several hours and caused drake to strip his armor for fear of heat exhaustion from the intense heat of the forge. While he was waiting Drake began to pour over the tomes learning how to imbue his weapon with poisons and Ancient Sith magic

While studying these tomes Drake learned he could store more of his energy within the blade making it even more powerful and a devastating weapon but doing so could take years to amass a great wealth of power. This is why the Jedi spent a lot of time searching for these blades; Drake thought to himself, they hold the power of their previous master allowing the wielder to draw on this power to bolster their strength in battle. Drake found what he had been looking for in the tomes and stood. Turning back to the materials Drake quickly found what he was searching for, Terentatek Venom. The Terentatek was a dangerous creature who preyed upon Force sensitives the Jedi had attempted to exterminate them multiple times to no avail they always came back. It’s Claws and tusks where highly venomous and Drake would imbue his weapons with this deadly poison. If whoever he struck with his blades happened to live and escape from his grasp they would likely not make it far without knowledge of healing arts. Using the Knowledge gained from Ludo Kreesh and the tomes Drake added the deadly Terentatek venom to the ore.

After the ore had cooled enough, but not too much, Drake moved the molten lump of metal to the nearby anvil. Stretching out his had he used the Force to pull a smithing hammer into his outstretched hand. Using the Force he willed the blade into shape using the hammer, taking care not to go to fast lest he make a mistake and have to restart. With each hammer strike Drake poured all of his rage and pain into his blade as it took its shape he could feel the blade as if it were an extension of himself.

After nearly two hours of work the blade was shaped. It had a very thick blade which curved back into the tip of the sword. The blade was still soft and malleable and Drake used this to his advantage using the Force to gently pry the metal apart into two, separate, identical blades. He then quenched the blades in cold water cooling causing the surface of the water to boil angrily with a loud hiss. The blades were not done yet however they were still very brittle in this stage of the process. They had to be tempered which involved slowly heating the blades evenly then quickly cooling them to relive stress fractures in the metal and giving the blade flexibility without the worry of breaking.

Sweat was running down Drake’s body now and he wiped his forehead with his arm and continued to temper the blades. This process took twice as long because of the fact that he had two blades to temper. After both blades were tempered Drake finished the hilts allowing the blades to interlock with one another giving the illusion of one blade. He then attached a counter weight to the pommel of each blade the sword was finished but Drake had one more addition to add. He took the remaining ore and fashioned it into a three foot long chain which he then attached to the pommel of each blade. Satisfied with his work he promptly took it to the grinding wheel and sharpened his new weapon. Each blade was rather heavy weighing 15 pounds apiece and was jet black. After he was finished honing the edge of his swords he fashioned a spine sheath from the remaining Terentatek tusks and claws mixing them with various metals and alloys. After this was finished he positioned it so the hilt of his sword would be over his right shoulder allowing quick and easy access the chain was tucked down into the sheath so as not to hang and swing loosely.

After his blade was completely finished he placed it in front of him lowering to his knees. Stretching out with the Force Drake engulfed the blade with his own energy and pulled back somewhat surprised. The blade seemed almost alive, drawing on his power again Drake poured his energy into the blade t seemed to glow brighter with all of the energy it absorbed and then returned to its original state but Drake could feel the Power of the Dark side pulsing through it, this blade would be a conduit for his energy and the more powerful he grew the more powerful his swords would become in response to its master but Drake had no doubt if he became weak he would no longer be worthy of wielding it and it would ultimately be the death of him. The last step was to etch various ruins into the metal using a special acid mixed from various ingredients including his own blood. After this task was completed Drake was completely exhausted, he picked his new sword up and sheathed it. Drake then returned to Lucifer to report his success.

Lucifer looked up as he felt his apprentice approach him. Turning to face him he stood and looked upon the sheathed weapon...in the force he could feel the surge of raw power of the darkside brewing inside the sword(s).

He was impressed with Muerte, few got the first weapon exactly right when never before making such a thing. He spoke.

''Excellent workmanship. I chose well in you as my apprentice, however to accompany your sword I suggest you create a lightsabre if only simply as a secondary weapon for in combat things happen you cannot always account for and must be prepared for every eventuality. Including loosing your primary weapon.

To construct a sabre listen well I shall tell you only once.

The weapon consists of a blade of pure plasma emitted from the hilt and suspended in a force containment field. The field contains the immense heat of the plasma, protecting the wielder, and allowing the blade to keep its shape. The hilt is almost always self-fabricated by the wielder to match his or her specific needs, preferences and style. Due to the weightlessness of plasma and the strong gyroscopic effect generated by it, lightsabres require a great deal of strength and dexterity to wield, and it is thus extremely difficult—and dangerous—for the untrained to attempt using. However, in the hands of an expert of the Force, a lightsabre can become a weapon to be greatly respected and feared. To wield a lightsabre is said to demonstrate incredible skill and confidence, as well as masterful dexterity and attunement to the Force.

Others simply as we simply view it as a tool and another extension of ourselves. The components are fairly simple. Every lightsaber has a standard power source, the same type used in small blasters, even in glowpanels. They last a long time, though. One of the other crucial pieces is a focusing crystal. The most powerful and sought-after gems are rare Kaiburr crystals or Krayt Dragon Pearls as in the box I provided. However, though lightsabres are powerful weapons, their design is so flexible that practically any kind of crystal can be used such as I mentioned.

The typical lightsabre hilt consists of a metal cylinder between twenty and thirty-five centimeters in length. However, the size of individuals hilts vary drastically, as the weapon is tailored to the creator's specific needs and preferences. The lightsabre mechanisms are contained within the hilt. High levels of energy generated by a high-output Diatium power cell is unleashed through a series of focusing lenses and energizers that convert the energy into plasma. The plasma is projected through a set of focusing crystals that lend the blade its properties and allows for the adjustment of blade length and power output. The ideal number of crystals is three, though only one may be required.

Once focused by the crystals, the plasma is sent through a series of field energizers and modulation circuitry within the emitter matrix that further focuses it, making it into a coherent beam of energy that is projected from the emitter. The blade typically extends about a meter before being arced by the blade containment field back to a negatively charged fissure ringing the emitter, where it is channeled back to the power cell by a superconductor, completing the circuit.

To construct the sabre you shall need to construct a lightsabre hilt and put inside it in the correct order a pommel cap, Diatium power cell, a Inert Power Insulator, a Focusing Lens, a Crystal, a Emitter Matrix and a Blade Emitter all of which lay before you around here at the forge.

However there several different types of sabre to consider in the making process should you wish for something a little different from the rest. There is the Standard Sabre, The Double Bladed Sabre, the Electrum Sabre, Shoto, Crossguard lightsaber (multi-pronged), Curved Sabre, Long Handle Sabre, Sabre Pike, The Dual-Phase Sabre (Lengthen or Shorten Blade Ability), the Lightsabre Cane and the rarely used Lightwhip.

However the choice is yours alone to make you may design the hilt and design as ornate and spectacular as you wish, and intone such sith tomes and runes into it as to make it truly your own and just as before you may put yourself into it as to make it controlled by you alone and bond with you as well as use any outer material (Cortosis etc) for the hilt. You may even wish to modify the sabre as to work underwater or even work by only the force as a switch with no outer switches. That said make the choice if you wish for a sabre as secondary weapon before we proceed.''

With that Lucifer waited.

Akheron.jpg

OOC: (sorry been really busy this week havent had time to check on the site in order to speed things up a bit ill opt to make the sabers at a later date)

IC:

Drake thought for a moment about Lucifer's proposal, it was true that one always needed a backup weapon but he felt confident he would not need one yet. Perhaps he would Make a lightsaber in the future but for now he would stick with his new swords. Turning to Lucifer he informed his master of his decision.

Lucifer nodded his approval before he spoke.

''I see. Even so regardless of your choice of weapon the principle is the same as that of a sabre more or less. We move to teaching you just how to use your weapon of choice properly and not wave it about like a baton...but use it with the grace and power it was designed for and allow you to become one with it. Remember always when you wield your sabre or sword this tenant of old, Every feint, every dodge, every block is a trap to the unwary...this is true even today.

Many of the basics of lightsabre combat were established by the Shii-Cho lightsaber form, the starting block of all forms...the most bsaic of movements. It's specialized towards training individuals in the use of lightsabres however may be adapted for swords with training. Attacks and parries in combat are catergorised for easier kills into body zones to be targeted. In idealized sparring most attacks are executed with horizontal swipes while parries can be carried out with vertical blocks meant to push the point of the enemy's blade away, with the exception of a Zone 1 Attack and Parry in Zone 1 in which case they are reversed.

Zone 1 refers to targeting the head of your enemy. A zone 1 attack consists of a vertical chop at the head, with the goal of vertically bisecting any opponent, and the corrosponding parry is a horizontal block. A classic zone 1 attack is typically preceded by a high guard position, though the zone 4 parry position is also used for this purpose. The zone 1 parry position is a horizontal guard, with the blade held at head-height and angled across the body. However it's not unheard of for a zone 1 attack to be deflected aside by having a zone 1 parry transition into a zone 2/3 drop parry position so be wary.

Zone 2 refers to attacking the right arm and side. Zone 2 attacks are usually horizontal sideswipes, with the corrosponding counter being a vertical parry position. Shii-Cho sparring has the handle held at waist height with the blade extended upwards, though other combat forms employ drop parries with the handle held high other than my own Vaapad which you will learn in time. Anyway assuming a human duelist's right arm is his dominant, any strike against his weapon arm will correspond with Zone 2 attacks.

Zone 3 refers to attacking the left arm and side. Zone 3 attacks are much the same as zone 2, albiet the directions are reversed. Assuming a human's left arm is his dominant, any strikes against his weapon arm corresponds with Zone 3 attacks.

Zone 4 refers to the back. Zone 4 encompasses the entire midsection and torso, but refers specifically to the back. A successful Zone 4 attack is almost always fatal. As the classic Parry 4 position is a drop parry position with the blade angled downwards behind the duelist's back, the classic Attack 4 is a variation on Zone 2 and 3 attacks. An alternate, albiet more awkward, Parry 4 position has the hilt held behind the back at waist height, with the blade extended upwards.

Try these now and use at least one attack within each zone of the body we just discussed upon the droids you shall face.''

Lucifer waited and watched before leading his apprentice to a stairway that led to a somewhat arena of sorts below the fortress specifically built of r training. When they arrived he withdrew out of the way as he observed the fight to come when approximately six droids turned up. He knew the best way to make Darth Muerte a more efficient killer was to teach him of these zones. Each droid came equipped with a vibro-weapon of some sort or sword and were Elite Training Droids specifically brought in prior to the sith temples destruction on Coruscant.

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Drake drew his newly forged sword as his master unleashed six training droids each equipped with a deadly vibro weapon. Unlike other training droids these were programmed for one purpose. Killing their opponents. Drake grasped the hilt of his sword tightly as the first droid entered the range of his blade. This droid was equipped with a gigantic vibro-axe which it brought down in a vertical chop intent on chopping him in two. Drake thrust his blade into a horizontal block stopping the axe dead. Drake put his right foot back to steady himself, the blow had been much more powerful than he anticipated.

Using all his strength he forced the axe up leaving the droid's midsection wide open to attack. But he was unable to take advantage of this opening.

Another droid, this one wielding a vibrosword, had managed to get behind him and slashed at his back horizontally. He immediately went into the 4th parry position, his sword behind him to intercept the incoming blow. As soon as the blade connected with his he spun to the right unleashing a devastating spin kick to the midsection of the axe wielding droid knocking him into the other 4 droids. The droid with the vibrosword was now in front of him and he quickly brought his sword in for a zone 3 attack hacking off the droids left arm and imbedding his sword deeply into its midsection with a screech of metal on metal.

The wrecked droid fell to the ground and Drake turned his attention to the other 5 which were just now getting back to their feet. Drake separated his blades and used Force speed to sprint towards the remaining droids.

The one with the axe fell first as he executed a zone one attack cleaving it in two vertically with his right blade then immediately brought his left blade across it's waist horizontally slicing it in half. As the chunks of metal hit the floor. Drake sidestepped one of the droids attacks and executed a zone 2 attack severing the arm that was holding its blade he then buried his right blade deeply into its chest. He pulled his blade free as the other 3 closed on him.

One of the droids swung at him with a horizontal swipe and he blocked using a zone 2 vertical parry at the same time bring his second blade across and lopping its head from its body. Drake put on another burst of speed to get behind the second to last droid and struck with a zone 4 attack cleaving it from right shoulder to left hip from behind. The final droid was about 5 feet away and Drake smirked as it took a step towards him. Grabbing the chain his blades were attached to he swung his right blade towards the last droid. It deflected the attack and advanced towards him but Drake had expected the block to occur using the momentum to spin around and catch the droid in the midsection the blade easily slicing through the droid. As it fell to the ground drake sheathed his blades and returned to his master a smug look on his angled features.

Lucifer nodded approvingly as he spoke again.

''Nicely done. Now onwards. Alongside the body zones I mentioned there are also three distinct methods of basic defense when using a lightsabre or sith sword.

These we call the Rings Of Defense. The first is the Outer Ring. The Outer Ring Of Defense relies on grand sweeping blows to attack at range. The wide attacks took longer to deliver, but are very powerful if they connect to a target depending on several factors. The Outer Ring often consists of four guard positions, all with the blade held diagonally: the upper right, upper left, lower right and lower left.

The second Ring Of Defense is the Middle Ring. The Middle Ring Of Defense is specifically designed to pick up quicker blows and block them, though it is also quite effective for blast-deflection from blasters and such weapons. The guard positions all feature the blade being held at right angles, with the upper and lower guards being horizontal, while the left and right positions are often held vertical.

The final Ring Of Defense is the Inner Ring. The Inner ring is the last line of defense and as such is dangerous to be both attacking or defending from. It is proven against lunging attacks, and relies on parries instead of blocks. It has only a single guard position, with the hilt covering the navel. Attacks can be deflected by angling the blades tip and shunting them aside with the lower third of the blade, facilitating a swift counter towards the opponents chest or abdomen.

Try this now. Facilitate the use of the Rings of Defense against the droids.''

With that seven more training droids strode forwards equipped with weapons varying from vibro weapons to sith swords.

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

((OOC: I'm sorry but this is taking too long I got to take Lucifer to Coruscant. However feel free to catch up.))

Lucifer looked upon the pitiful creature in front of him. Cowardly and useless, he had failed to follow commands and thus would now pay for his lack of concentration.

Lashing out with the force the kiffar sith latched and tugged at the strings around the boy. Like a puppet conducting a symphony so to was Lucifer composing a work of art using his apprentice as the clay. He was incensed...failure would not be tolerable, Muerte would suffer greatly for his insolence. Lifting him in the air between the two he began to choke and to strangle his victim, as the Force castrated and closed to crush sround the throat or windpipe of Lucifer's victim. The Sith Lord literally grabbed Darth Muerte with the Force lift them up into the air, choking them and then throwing them like a ragdoll aside.

Lucifer spoke at this moment as he lift his apprentice to struggle for breath on the floor.

''You failed me and failed yourself. This is your test survive the night and seek me out on Coruscant and perhaps you will yet be redeemed of your weakness to act.''

With that Lucifer left Drake stranded. Making his way out the hidden entrance he headed to his ship inputting the correct security protocols before lifting off to his destination, Coruscant.

Akheron.jpg

• 5 years later...

Dull eyes met with thunderous echoes.

• Silence fell and rage died.

• Warhorns. Children cry.

A small beep pulled deep at Khargav’s stirring consciousness, but more pain was all it brought. The Togorian awoke to a legion of machines around him performing a myriad of operations – none of which he understood. Big boxes with glass were flashing with numbers and squiggly lines. Tubes and wires were running every which way. Khargav couldn’t make sense of any of it. All the feline could make out was the terrible ache that covered his entire body. Points of pressure and stabbing pain drew his attention to areas that felt broken. Khargav attempted to move his arms and inspect his injuries. But he found that he was pinned to the slab that he was draped across, which was not an easy thing to do.

The evac ship, marked as ‘Gammorean Bakery Ltd., was nearing its destination. And Khargav was roused for the ‘potential transportation and continuation of his treatment,’ whatever that meant. Steel claws raked across the center of Khargav’s forehead, causing stars and other images to burst forward. But, one strong question pushed through all of it, what of the girl?

The last he’d seen, she was slung across his back and they were leaving together. She wasn’t the happiest and Khargav knew the pain in her heart. Were he any other, he would have let her die. But he’d suffered enough crippled innocence. He would not allow her death at the hands of a useless conflict.

So, fighting the pain in his muscles, Khargav craned his neck around to try and find the girl.

“Little girl? You there?”

Gabby rolled over to her side and looked down at the strange new friend of hers. She cocked her head to the side, “Yesh I'm here, are we theres yet?” She had taken the opportunity to raid the food locker that was next to their berth. She was currently snacking on a large helping of Biserandi Pudding, which unknown to her contained at least 12 percent alcohol per volume. As this was a Black Sun shuttle, most of the foodstuffs were filled with inebriants or drugs. Luckily she had not tried the soda bread. But she happily scooped another bite of pudding into her mouth and reached down to ruffle the hair on Kar’s head like she used to with the family Nek. She swallowed and took another large bite.

The other passengers were mostly distracted by their other goings on, but she kept her attention split between Kar and the delicious food. She scooped him a bowl of it and placed it down in front of him, patting his head absentmindedly. She was almost done with half the 40oz tub. Delicious. And as a kid she didn’t have to worry about it going to her hips, like her mother always complained about.

Munch

E9z5qgW.png

• 4 years later...

As I got a better look at the world we'd risked everything to reach, I couldn't help but be struck by a sense of...unease. Something about this world was wrong, and not in a way I could put my finger on. I'd been in bad situations before. Stranded, ambushed, sick...I even crashed once. But this was different. It was like someone was sticking a needle into my chest, so slow and so thin I almost didn't notice, but it just kept going deeper and deeper.

I closed my eyes. Right about now, Lady Tajara would say something like "Panic is the enemy of control," but she'd say it with an arched eyebrow and and a dry tone like she was quipping to some numbskull at a bar. Well, actually, whatever she said would probably be a lot more profound when you dug into it, but it'd be something along those lines. I remembered how she could go from wry humor to perfect poise. I remembered her meditative exercises, her calming presence, her sheer weight in any room she walked into. She'd been like an iron rod stuck in the ground to me, and I emulated her lessons now.

I breathed in and out, centering myself, examining my emotions, exploring their rationale, and accepting what they were without succumbing to them. Soon enough, the feeling of cold iron in my chest passed, and while the discomfort remained, it stayed in the back of my head where I put it.

I turned back towards the Jedi and employer, Leena Kil.

"Where do you want me to land?"

• Like 2

Leena spent the majority of the trip in silent meditation, touching, feeling, and offering an encouraging, almost palpable, energy to all within while still reaching out into the warping cosmos about the ship and feeling the endless tidal power of the force there as they plowed deeper into the Core. Several times, she felt the tension of their close scrapes with death as the ship shuddered, and even moreso, the very tendrils of darkness seemed to claw at them from the deep. With a breath out, she put forth an invisible barrier between the ship and the gravitations that sought  to reduce them to an atomized state. Even so, it was only due to their pilot’s extreme skill or luck that they made it through alive. Wherever the Squibs had found this woman, they had really come through. She smiled; she should have never doubted them. They always came through for her. It was not like they had picked up any random pilot in a bar somewhere.

As the ship settled into real space, Leena’s closed eyes fluttered open with a start. A gasp was barely contained between her lips. The surge of darkness was strong, immense, and sudden. It was as if was ingrained in the very molecules of the system itself. With a shuddered breath, the Master Healer sought to refocus herself, standing from her spot in the floor to walk towards the cockpit to see the planet approaching in the distance. It was a single marble against a backdrop of the stars and warped realities of the deep Core and somehow, Leena felt like she knew the world. “That is it.” She whispered behind Zeris, a mixture of relief and worry evident in her words.

As the ship descended through the atmosphere, Leena felt the growth of dark energies. Breaking the low-hanging hazy cloud cover, they were met with an uninspiring view. Plains and low hills covered in sparse shrubs and rough hardened, short prickly tufts of grass. The lack of life here was concerning in and of itself.

In the distance a weathered city broke the endless plains. A citadel of the Sith. Abandoned long ago; but how abandoned? That remained to be seen. Within it’s cruel and crumbling walls remained the last remnants of a Sith training academy. Instinctively, Leena knew that was not where they were to go. She pointed towards the sweeping plains. Maybe that was where they needed to go. Here, even her dreams were warped by the press of darkness. “Lets keep away from the city. I am not sure we want to risk that right now.” A yawn escaped the Mon Cal’s mouth as she spoke, the weariness of the trip catching up with her even as she relaxed at having made it this far.

Out over the endless rolling plains, there was little. Bodies of water broke the surface here and there, contained within knolls and divots. Lakes, standing streams, ponds; little life was to be found there either. They would fly inwards until the horizon was embraced by a brackishly brown-blue sea. “Can we set down there?” Leena pointed out a herd of Bantha-like creatures grazing near the shoreline. “Not too close though. We don’t want to scare them.”

In the distance, behind the gray clouds, the distant sun began to set. The darkness pressed in from everywhere, it was as if the world itself was wrought of the stuff; and still, life found a way to endure.

Leena was not sure what they would do next. Perhaps after a night’s rest things would look different; but somehow, she doubted it. Now that they were, she needed to figure out what to do next.

• Like 1

image.png.daf7e9c75e1f2acba314151d968a7e3b.png

For the entire flight, Ruin was uncharastically quiet. Whether it was because the ship brought back some old programmed memories or because Ruin actually understood that the pilot was under a lot of stress trying to navigate towards the core of the galaxy was unclear. But Ruin remained quiet. 

The only one who broke the silence was Fera, who informed Ruin of several facts. One was that the location of Byss once was owned by the Sith. Two was the fact about Lok not technically being part of the Jedi order. At this second fact, Ruin did give Fera and then Lok a glance, but still said nothing. 

Finally, only when the ship made an orbit around the planet, did Ruin rise from his own seat and began to pace around. His voice box started up, beginning its usual mutterings, as if somewhere in the droid’s system a switch was turned on. 

“Got to burn. Burn and blast. Sith got to die. Sith burn. Let's burn the sith. Burns and blasts and bombs. Sith are stupid, right Jedi?. Lets make them stupid and dead, eh Jedi?

While these statements seemed more directed at Lok, Ruin did give a brief glance at Leena as well after his mutterings. 

"Where do you want me to land?"

“Crash and smash!” Ruin answered whole-heartedly, practically shouting from somewhere deeper in the ship. “Crash and smash anywhere. Just bring me Sith. Crash and bash the Sith good and dead.”

Thankfully for everyone else,  it seemed the sight of the Sith citadel wasn’t caught on by Ruin or Fera, as the two were busy in the back. Ruin was rechecking and re-polishing his own flechette launcher while Fera crawled around the ship taking inventory of all the supplies on board.

“Got to rip some guts. Bash and crash, slash and dash, like you Jedi. Jedi but not Jedi. “ Ruin muttered while rubbing a small cloth over the barrel of his weapon, his words this time very directed at Lok. Even as the ship began to land, the droid seemed more focused on the Imperial Knight then his own weapons.  

“Jedi but not Jedi. Weird but good. You fight. I fight. Jedi fight. No red blade, just good blade. The why don’t matter, does it? No it doesn’t. As long as you are Jedi, then all is good.  I like Jedi, and you are Jedi, but also not Jedi. I don’t mind. Killer healer a Jedi too, so we are all good. Plus pilot good too. Sith gonna die to us, heheh.”

At this last statement, Ruin gave a light fist tap at Lok’s shoulder, then a nod as he patted his own holster, his strapped grenade, and the ebony vibro-blade. Ruin looked away and began to pace the ship, bobbing his head up and down, as if some silent song was playing over and over and only he heard it.

It only was when the ship actually landed did Fera jump and crawl onto the larger droid’s shoulder, and address anyone who would listen. “Supplies look like they will last us a few days. The generator on board will provide myself and Ruin the power we need, and we have enough ammunition to survive on local wild-life should circumstances turn dire.” 

“Lets go kill! Lets rip and tear and bash and crash!” Ruin shouted at this.

“I recommend we make camp, unless of course we have something more solid as to our goal on this planet?”

• Like 2

ruin.png.01a56458d9174e4044f11805f259ce9c.png

There was an aura of mixed emotions surrounding Lok after the group left behind Felucia and began the trip to Byss. Atop the supplies, Lok sat in a near brooding position, one leg brought up to his chin and the other dangling off one of the crates as he submersed himself in thoughts. On one hand, he felt he had came off too abruptly at Master Kil despite his past and feelings toward her Order. But on the other hand, his trust in anyone who carried the title Jedi whether it be Padawan, Knight, or Master had been lost long ago. He felt that maybe he had mixed the two in his words before departure. But on the same token, as wise as her words had been, he held no knowledge of the woman he had been tasked with protecting.

As their journey deeper into the Core traversed, the more he could feel the flow of their surroundings dim against the backdrop of the lightside. It was as if the deeper they went, the more chaos became apparent, primordial and leaving a chill. He often felt this during his past within the Jedi Order during his pilgrimages to Tython, but this time, it came with a calling. As if whatever awaited them, knew of their journey toward it. And it's affects on the others lingered in the air. Tension, expectations, his own brooding, the unknowing. It was ever present in this singular journey and most felt more than one of these, including the pilot. It made the journey it's self feel bleak and hopeless.

Especially in Ruin's actions.

"I was once a member of the Jedi Order." Lok spoke to Ruin as his pacing began, feeling an unsettling need to explain himself to the droid's artificial intelligence. "But that was a few years ago during the beginning when Master Eleson, myself, and a few others felt that the Order's inaction served no one and decided to fight against the Council's wishes. We found a home with the Imperials and became Knights in service of it's Empress, unbound by the Jedi Tenents and open to our own delegations in her name. So now, when we fight, we fight for the betterment of her and her people."

And what he spoke was the truth, even as the sadness of the beginning shown upon his face and deep in his eyes. He did not crave war, but he would fight it to the very end of it meant saving others from having to. And having been labeled as tyrants and evil in the militant sense, he knew too well how the drawbacks of such burdens could be carried. And yet, if he was truly a tyrant or evil, then he felt what he was, was necessary, for what they faced was by far worse than anything he or his Order could every produce. If it meant walking the fine line between light and dark, he would walk it until the day he would fall and face the execution that would follow. That was the truth of his duty.

And he was proud of that very duty.

Lok could feel Byss as they exited hyperspace, an aura of relaxing from the tension of the journey briefly settling amongst the crew before the tension of the darkness pulled upon them all. It was an uneasy feeling, almost similar to the onset of anxiety or schizophrenia lingering in one's mind before being completely incapacitated and swallowed up by it. Rising from his perch, he followed the others to the cockpit for a visual assessment. As beautiful as Byss appeared, there was darkness in it. What life could be felt, felt corrupted and twisted as did the planet it's self, through the soil and to it's very core. And the lingering Imperial settlement upon the horizon felt to be at its heart. There was no doubt in his mind as he looked Leena's way that what she spoke of originated here. It was strong, like eyes watching your every move while unable to be found when one was to turn toward it's errie feeling, leaving the hairs upon the back of your neck lingering straight.

"I owe you an apology, Master Jedi." Lok spoke through a hard admission once they departed the ship and he was able to pull Leena to the side. "I allowed my distrust for the Jedi Order to cloud my judgement and allowed for me to judge your situation with blinded eyes. This world is wounded and there is a darkness in the horizon. I can feel it now that we are here. The Force here seems to want to attack us instinctually, unnaturally rather than flow in harmony. The Darkside is very strong upon this world."

Lok grinned briefly, scratching at his dreaded hair.

"It isn't any easy thing for me to admit..." Lok began in another explanation. "But I judged you as a Jedi and not as a person, and something I tend to do when it comes to members of the Order. Our history isn't one I am fond of, especially in my departure with Master Eleson and the others, our views and opinions shunned which led us away. It left a bitter taste in my mouth I guess you can say. But either way, my apology still stands."

As hard as it was to express his change of heart, the evidence was in Lok's voice and in the Force that swirled around the Onderonian. Lok has always held an additional sensitivity to the Force, capable of feeling it's flow and current deeper than most. Perhaps it came from his Beast Rider heritage due to their ability to commune with the untamed beasts of Onderon and Dxun and their natural worlds. But standing on Byss shined a new light upon his weary eyes and he could feel the bitter cold of the Darkside nipping at their heels and threatening to overcome their resolve. In this, he was happy to be present. The Force may have worked in mysterious ways, but his arrival felt almost preordained.

• Like 2

PSX_20230829_111157.png.74440e64f474dbff9619943d627e8ede.png

On 12/2/2021 at 9:54 PM, Leena Kil said:

Out over the endless rolling plains, there was little. Bodies of water broke the surface here and there, contained within knolls and divots. Lakes, standing streams, ponds; little life was to be found there either. They would fly inwards until the horizon was embraced by a brackishly brown-blue sea. “Can we set down there?” Leena pointed out a herd of Bantha-like creatures grazing near the shoreline. “Not too close though. We don’t want to scare them.”

On 12/3/2021 at 1:00 AM, TerrorBot said:

“Crash and smash!” Ruin answered whole-heartedly, practically shouting from somewhere deeper in the ship. “Crash and smash anywhere. Just bring me Sith. Crash and bash the Sith good and dead.”

I turned a small snort of laughter into a cough (stupid droid) as I nodded to the boss's suggestion. You wouldn't catch me drinking from that sea, but the land looked solid enough, and so far I hadn't seen anything that would put a dent in The Crate, or anything I couldn't crater with the ship's guns. I also couldn't disagree with the decision to stay away from the creepy city...

As I brought the ship to a landing elevation, easing up on the thrusters and letting the air resistance brake us, something occurred to me.

I was starting to like my passengers.

That got me thinking, and distracted me enough as I brought the ship down onto a patch of elevated scrub brush to make the landing a touch jarring.

Why? What had happened between now and picking them up that had suddenly pushed these people out of the "just a job" category and into the "they're alright" category?

Then I realized it was what hadn't happened.

Everyone had kept quiet, for the most part.

That was more impressive than it sounds. First off, that had been 17 hours of flight time. 17 hours in an enclosed space, and with the underlying tension of imminent death to boot. Most passengers I'd taken, including the big and tough bounties trying to "out-stoic" me, would have been jabbering just to fill the silence. Worse, they'd have tried talking to me. It would have been an endless barrage of useless questions about things they either wouldn't understand or couldn't change. I'd seen hardened soldiers spew words like an overcharged protocol droid in tense moments, and yet barely a peep from this eclectic collection of oddballs for 17 HOURS.

And I didn't suddenly like them because they left me alone. I'm not that anti-social. No, it was a respect thing.

You see, anyone who's been on some kind of military campaign, or hunt, or really any kind of job with serious risks is inevitably forced to learn the art of waiting. Its a skill, the ability to sit in one place for hours or even days at a time and do squat. Martial artists learn it. For soldiers and bounty hunters it's practically their whole profession minus a few bits. Anyone I've ever met who made it to some position of authority had it figured out, and anyone with a real spine to them could manage it when the going got hard enough.

But posers? People who pretend like their hot stuff but can't hold a blaster without shaking? People who think the galaxy owes them their fair due? They don't wait. They can't wait.

So...after a while I guess I started equating patience with respect. And everyone on this trip had just been put through the mother of all tests of patience, and come out the other side strutting. Wasn't sure what to make of that, but it was nice to know these people had a solid core to them I could lean on. In case something on this world decided it liked my guts on my outsides. Huh...guess there were benefits to signing on with a healer.

I dropped the gang plank, locked down the ship (ship never flies without me, that's my rule), and stepped outside.

If I had to describe the world in one word, I'd call it...bleak. Just...bleak.

The water looked foul. I wasn't sure if it had looked the same from above, but from this angle at the shore, it looked downright black, like engine grease. I'd set the ship down on a small rise just above the beach, but it looked like the beach itself kept rising up to the left, all the way up to a cliff the dove straight into the murky, evil looking water.

"I'm going to check the ship!" I called back into The Crate. After the close calls threading through the Deep Core, I wanted to make sure nothing had gotten shaken or scorched off.

• Like 1

The conversation between Ruin and Lok seemed to satisfy Ruin, who nodded at the words and continued with his own work. Finally as the ship landed, Ruin got himself ready for anything. 

“I explore. Find Sith.” Ruin stated as the pilot exited on the gangplank, Ruin starting to follow. 

Fera buzzed with outright denial. “We should stay with the ship. Not go looking for trouble yet until we know the dangers out there.”

Ruin grumbled slightly and glanced around, then grunted with a static burst. One of the storage panels was partially open, with an assortment of junk inside. The large droid reached in and pulled out a round, almost watch-like device, almost tiny in his large palm. 

“Holo Transmitter and recorder” Ruin stated, clicking it on and off. The device beeped once, indicating a full charge and a strong connectivity to its paired object. “Civilian grade. Planetary range. Connect to the ship?”

“Probably.” Fera concluded, agreeing with Ruin’s assessment. 

“Search nearby. Soldier programming. Good programming. They make camp. I make safe. Analyze threats. Kill any dangers. Report to Jedi. Then kill Sith.” 

Fera nodded at this, and took the device from Ruin's hands.  “It’s not like I can stop you, so very well.” She stated as she secured the communicator

Ruin nodded to the Buzz droid and strode the gangplank to the ground, flechette rifle in hand, nodding at anyone he saw along the way.

"I'm going to check the ship!" the pilot called. 

Ruin shouted back as he began to make some distance from the ship at a brisk jog, not waiting to ask permission. “I secure the area! Make camp safe! Booya, make camp safe!”

The footsteps of the terror droid trampling on wild and unkept grass were anything but stealthy. Each step was a thud of metal on natural ground. It was soft, as if a rain storm had recently fallen nearby, but not muddy. The taller weeds were well watered and thriving, while the grass was thick with green. The sun-setting made the entire area a shade of twilight, giving an eerie atmosphere to the surroundings. 

“Ugly planet” Ruin commented, still jogging, unimpeded by neither the terrain nor the mood of the planet.

“Not really,” Fera replied, crawling from one shoulder to the other, scanning the area. “In my experience, most humans would find this place pleasant. Habitable even.”

“Eh, ugly, especially the water.” 

Fera didn’t argue at this, and continued to scan.

After a few moments, Ruin climbed up a hill that overlooked a pasture-like acre of land near the lake. At the top was a rotting tree, long dead, its leaves scattered to the wind years ago.  Ruin knelt besides the tree, taking cover. 

“Animals. Big ones…” Ruin commented. Fera buzzed an agreement. In the pasture, along the lake’s shoreline, several herding animals. With the sun setting, the land was covered with shadows, but Ruin’s and Fera’s advanced sensors could still make out their shapes. 

“Looks like herding beasts.” Fera commented. “Shouldn’t be a threat. I don't recommend getting closer”

“Geh, I want Sith. Gotta kill bad Sith. Justice and Ruin to the Sith. Be bad Ruin to the bad Sith.”

Fera said nothing, and for the next few moments, the duo simply observed the beasts. A moment of silence on a foreign planet, unsure what the future would bring.

• Like 2

ruin.png.01a56458d9174e4044f11805f259ce9c.png

As the aged gunship began it’s descent to the non-descript world below, Leena turned her attention to the Imperial Knight’s approach. She smiled at him. In the pressing darkness of the world that enveloped them, she knew they needed to maintain a united, if eclectic, front.

She nodded slowly as he spoke, not daring to interrupt. She knew firsthand how hard such an admission could be to make. After he finished, the silence hing there for a long moment before they were interrupted by the ship touching down and Ruin’s announcements that he was going to go find Sith . Leena grimaced at the thought as the droids followed their pilot outside.

Before following Leena turned back to face Lok, staring into his eyes with her own deep bulbous ones. “Apology accepted Master Knight, but do not worry. Both of our orders are far from the perfect ideal they seek to portray and become. What matters is that we serve the force, and not the corruption of it that we sense here. We must guard our minds, lest your friendly neighborhood robots sense some semblance of darkness within us and deem us a threat to their programming.” She smiled at the half joke, expressing her concern over the droids. “Tell me, have you trained in the use of shields and wards? Our minds will need protected while we are here.”

Falling in beside Lok, she walked with him out the ship after the others into the bleakness that was Byss. It held a sort of otherworldly beauty; one that was only partially veiled by the seemingly constant thrum of the dark side at the base of her skull. Without it, she could see how such a place could become an attractive escape to those who could make it this far Core-ward. The vast nothingness of the rolling hills and scrubbed planes, dotted only by a spare wind-worn tree here and there met the vast waters that stretched to where it fogged against the horizon. The black waters spoke of a depth beyond simple measure and the beach of worn sand that abutted the gentle waves told a story of little tidal wear except where the water lapped against the cliff face against the sea. The herd of Bantha, somewhat stockier built and coarser haired than most seen about the galaxy, numbered somewhere about a dozen, maybe a few more. They were a peaceful addition to a the picturesque scene. It seemed deceptively off, tainted by the darkness; open vastness that seemed incapable of holding secrets against the vast gray sky. The starry sun was sinking against the sea, clutched by a haze that obscured it’s edges and contributed to the long shadows that even now continued to grow. Night would soon be upon them; and yet, nothing seemed to offer signs of detection or threat. Still, the darkness buzzed on near a palpable level prodding minds and circuits alike; strangers to this world.

Standing at the bottom of the ramp, Leena reached out upon the force, reaching, feeling, for the glimmers of light, like star pricks against an inky sky. She opened herself up to this light, letting it trickle inward and encompass her heart, her soul, her mind. She allowed it to build within, encouraging it and nurturing it exponentially until it became a radiating aura that spilled from her very pores. The whole task was almost as simple as breathing for the Jedi Master. What she added to it was a ward of light, a wall to shelter her mind against the encroaching darkness. What the aura might not be able to subdue with the light, such a wall would serve as a bulwarked defense.

As Zeris came back into sight about the far side of the ship, Leena offered her a warm smile. “Excellent work Master Pilot. You are truly a credit to your profession.” Gesturing to the world about them, she queried, “What do you think of this world?” Leena did not want to admit that she was unsure of what to do next. The whole world was enshrouded in the gloom of darkness. Where to go after landing was as lost to the Jedi as this world seemed to be to the galaxy itself. Maybe after a night’s rest, things would be clearer; even if that meant a return of the dreams, whatever they may be, here, closer to the source. “Are we to make camp?”

• Like 1

image.png.daf7e9c75e1f2acba314151d968a7e3b.png

When Lok first left behind the Jedi Order to follow Master Eleson and company, he was barely a Knight out of his Padawanship with little skill not knowledge. And during the battles and conflicts that followed, Lok found himself learning what he could from those he traveled with until they found a home within the Imperial Remnant under Empress Raven, affirming himself a skilled veteran and warrior of the Force. But access to knowledge wasn't what it was during his time with the Jedi Order, especially for the newly formed Imperial Knights. Knowledge was passed down, given by the Elder Jedi who lead to those who were deemed worthy.

It was his skill in battle and his wits that earned him the rank of Imperial Warden, the Imperial Knight's equivalent to the Jedi Consular. And as a Warden, and even as an Imperial Knight, it was his duty to sacrifice himself for the sake of others, to empower those under his command, and to protect the Imperium. And that was where his skills laid. This was what came to mind when Leena asked what he held to offer the group.

"I know a few tricks." Lok replied with an.  uncomfortable smirk adorning his face, the weight of his misjudgement still lingering on his shoulders and having weighed a little less since his apologies. "My specialty lays in support and combat.

With that said, as the others departed the ship, Lok took to the planet's surface and perched himself standing over the shore, the grass  of the beachhead flowing in the sea breeze as waves rolled upon the shore a few feet below and across the expanse of sight. The Dark Side here was strong. It could be felt in ever essence of life that roamed around their location, a thriving planet that ached to leech it's self of all life. Opening his mind up to the Force, he allowed his conscience to traverse it's waves, letting the emotions and thoughts of the combined lead his own. As he did, he let his presence flow into those around him, organic and inorganic, as he attempted to lift their weighted spirits against the tide of darkness that attempted to weigh down upon them. If they could not combat it's presence, he would aid them with his own.

"I would suggest we use the safety of the ship for tonight." Lok spoke standing atop the edge of the sea dune as he looked back from the shore in response to Leena's question. "This world is pretty well unknown and until we have a tighter grasp on our situation, I would suggest a solid fortification for night fall."

After Mon Cal and Outer Heaven, Lok thought it best to rely on a safety net until the reasons behind Leena's vision and their visitation became a little clearer. And he felt an unease that it wouldn't take long before things began to pick up. Similar to smelling rain before a storm.

• Like 2

PSX_20230829_111157.png.74440e64f474dbff9619943d627e8ede.png