Space

Ary the Grey

I very much dislike beings that know more than me

"who?!"

------------------

~ What's that.

*This, my friend is called a ”˜Pint'.

~ What? It comes in pints!?!... I'm getting one.

*But, you have a full half already!

~ What’s that.

*This, my friend is called a ‘Pint’.

~ What? It comes in pints!?!... I’m getting one.

"Sithspond! What's he into..."

oh DJ! I'm sorry

Tann then mentally hits herself.

------------------

~ What's that.

~ What’s that.

"Lord Dahak has got an angry and powerful Sith attacking him at this moment. He is in need of help. I read his mind he wants his master. Kyp Durron must be clned on Naboo to save Dahak. Clone him by seeking out Tar Gibbons have him clone Kyp Durron."

------------------

Feel my power!

Devaronian_full.gif

"I'm on it"

She then sends a comm to DJ's ship "DJ, I have a short delay; meet me at the last call once your on Coruscant. I'm sorry"

------------------

~ What's that.

~ What’s that.

"Well, I was gonna go throught the drive through ... Ihave to take a short detour first. I'm heading for Honoghr." Tann has a confused look on her face, he could sense it. His ship enters hyperspace......

His ship leaves hyperspace and land down a domed building. He leaves his ship approachs the front door. "Tobias Thrawn's old base, it was his private place, during the IJA--that I happened to be a part of." A small keyboard comes out of the wall, DJ types in an access code and the door opens... DJ goes into a secret room inside the base--Thrawn's weapon room-- a room where he kept all his prototypes. DJ walks up to a glass case, it had inside what Thrawn called, "Arfarmin armor" DJ opens the case and puts on the armor. "I hope this thing works, it's bounty hunter armor desined for me." He leaves the base and goes into hyperspace with his ship to go to the rendezvous point.

------------------

DJship.png

[This message has been edited by Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi (edited September 08, 2002).]

You might wonder but never find out. On Naboo I await your arival a Devaronian is not a patient being...you may bbe too late.

------------------

Feel my power!

Devaronian_full.gif

Bloody hell.

The fighter Bhelliom drifted through space, seemingly oblivious of any surroundings. It's sole occupant, Vladimir Faust, was in a bad mood.

I still want at that stupid Jedi. As for DMD, those remotes should've had him.Sithspit! Maybe I should've stuck around the Sith Temple, but I'm a bounty hunter, not a retainer. If they're going to employ me, give me a target I can kill.

Faust flipped his comm on to receive any new messages, downed half a bottle of scotch and took a nap.

------------------

Like what the fellow said- In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo de Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love. They had five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock!

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

The 19th rule of Trade: If a competitor has a commodity that you can't afford to compete with, buy them out, bow out, or resort to aggressive negotiations.

The Silk Road drifts in hyperspace. Kheldar watches the unconscious Kerrigan with detached interest. Wordlessly, Kheldar pulls out a small syringe and injects the Jedi with a colorless fluid.

Grimly the merchant remembers the nanomachines Jedai Geki injected into him. These would release a lethal poison at the push of a button, ensuring a fair level of complience on the Padawan's part. Kheldar looks at the scampy attire and suggest to Cyrion something more suitable be fetched...

-

-

"You may wake up, my dear."

The first thing to greet the padawan's eyes upon recovering is a long wooden table of fine grained wood that carries an exotic aroma. It's filled with a variety of delicacies from around the galaxy, all freshly cooked. A hand made painting rests on one side and a long window provides a view of the passing stars. The padawan no longer has the dancing attire, but a dress of fancy trim of modestly low cut. Kheldar vos Correlli sits on the far end of the table. Her Jedi gear is nowehere to be seen.

"Welcome, miss Kerrigan, to my ship. I suggest you eat up while I explain a few things. For the present, fate has placed you in my service. I am currently undergoing a quest to find the sister of an associate sold into slavery some time ago. I assure you the irony of this situation isn't lost on me. I may require someone with your skills at present to undergo this little mission after I attend to some business on Coruscant. You will accompany me to that as well to assist me until I deem your aid no longer necissary."

"Just so we're clear on what's at stake, I have injected nanomachines into your blood to release poison should you try anything rash, like using certain force techniques to remove them or assualting my person. Ysalmari are everywhere aboard this ship, so other force techniques are ill advised. I hesitate to have to mention certain concealed stun guns aboard as well, but I fear it may be needed to discourage any uncivilized responses from you. I am not overtly cruel and wish to see you healthy at the end of your ordeal, though I have little reservations about killing you either. You will be well fed, (as I happen to be one of the galaxies best gourmets, a trick of the trade learned in entertaining valuable clients.) and taken care of. If you have any needs while in my care, Cyrion, my protocall droid, will do his best to accomidate you." The merchant holds up a bottle and a glass.

"Now, would you like the red or the white wine go with your meal?"

KVCsignew.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

Kerrigan glares. "I dont want either wine! I want my master back! You said yourself she was a great find, how about you take her then? It would make your reputation a lot better, having someone like her!" Kerrigan said, crossing her arms.

"A Jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love...."

KERRiGAN

The merchant's face takes on a small smile. "I was speaking in Huttses when I said that. Impressive." The smile fades and is replaced by a look of genuine sympathy. "I'm afraid her fate is out of my hands. She is held prisioner by the Hutts and unless my guess is wrong, the Sith may want her soon. Trying to rescue her would close a lot of doors to me and would be a foolish risk of both our lives. Sometimes in business the hardest thing is cutting your losses." The merchant's eyes harden a bit. "As for my reputation, it involves working with both Jedi and Sith, and the Sith usually pay better."

Kheldar passes a weary hand in front of his face "You are no longer in possession of the Hutts. Your situation, believe it or not, improved greatly. I made an investment in you and wish to see it come to fruition while I'm on my assignement. You may learn a few things along the way. You'll be wiser, but probably not happier by the time you're done. Finally, unless you try something, I will do my best to protect you. You have my word on that." The merchant turns back to the meal he cooked.

"The first places we're going is the Imperial Palace, built over your former temple. I suggest you start reciting your code since the results won't be pretty and you will be upset by what you see. Do not let it anger you. I'm familiar enough with Force lore to know where that leads. I have a job there catering the bar. I'll be parading you around as a captured Jedi and my personal property. You will have your robes, but no lightsaber. It should gain the approval of the powers that be. You'll be assisting me in the kitchen and at the bar, during the wedding and watching while your master's sister marries the Emperor. You may even see Taren there, but you'll be an observer, not a player in those events. The important thing is to keep your eyes open. You may learn a few things: cooking, the fundamentals of hosting, and information about your enemies. This is a valuable opportunity if you use it. Again, I needn't go over the consequences should you try anything rash. The Sith will expect subservience in you and both our lives may depend on that, so do not force my hand into deploying the poison I have released into your blood. After that, I'll collect the information and we'll be off."

KVCsignew.jpg

Kerrigan sighed. "But I want to be a Jedi. I dont want to learn how to frickin cook! And thank you for saving me, in some sense. But I really do wish to be taken back to the Hutts, so I can see my Master. I worry for her greatly. I didnt even get to train...I did for a little bit, then we had to leave to find her sister....thats what Master Taren told me. I didnt know what was going on. When the temple was destroyed, I took off in a small capsule, and crash-landed on my home planet, Tatooine. Then I was captured for being an outlander, and then you came and got me....they said I wouldnt live....so thank you for getting me, or else I would be dead now. But I want to see my Master." Kerrigan said.

KERRiGAN

"I'm afraid that's out of the question at this point. I've accepted you as a gift and it would be an insult to the Hutts if I were to return you, as well as a sign of weakness on my part. The good news is we will be seeing Master Taren's sister, believe me on that. If Ob followed my advice, Taren will be there herself, so you have to trust your feelings on this one. You are filled with emotion and it clouds your judgement. Remember your code and keep your eyes open."

KVCsignew.jpg

Kerrigan sighed once more. "Is there any way I will be taught as a Jedi? Thats all I wanted to do. I am only 16. I traveled from Tatooine, then ended up at the Jedi Temple. It was a long journey. Then all that I said last happened. I went trhough a lot of work for nothing. Do you think there might be some way I could be taught in the ways of a Jedi? It took me forever to find a master. Then I found Master Taren.....Do you think I will ever see Master Taren, after the wedding? If she is ever free, do you think I would? Is her sister a sith? I know I have a lot of questions, but Master Taren never had the time to answer them." Kerrigan said.

KERRiGAN

"I image master Taren may be able to do something, though I am not optimistic about her odds at this point. But, stranger things have happened. At the best she will escape unharmed. At the worst, she'll be tortured to death by the Sith and her body will end up in their pillar of flesh. Do not let your thoughts betray you into thinking you can help her at this point. The most important thing you can do for her is stay alive and that means following a few rules I've laid down."

Kheldar gives Kerrigan a speculative glance. "I am hesitant to do this, but I feel responsible for you while your in my care and that means seeing to other parts of your education as well. Cyrion. Go into the safe area and retrieve lot 28."

Cyrion obeys and returns with a small sealed parcel. Kheldar opens it up and takes an object out, holding it with great care.

"This is a precious item you may have heard of. It's a Jedi Holocron, salvaged from the temple in the days when Heretic ascended to power and Ar-Pharazon was his Chancellor. I've sold several such items on the market, but I kept this one for my own use." A rueful smile spreads across the merchants face. "I cannot use the force, but I put effort forth to achieve some means of sensing it. That still failed to keep me from getting possessed by a Sith darkside focus one time." He passes it to Cyrion who hands it to Kerrigan.

"You may use it in the fourth cargo hold for training purposes. It is not under any circumstances to leave this ship. You may even survive long enough to use what you've learned from it. As I promised earlier I'd help teach you a few necessities." The rueful smile takes an ironic twist, but the eyes glint with fire as Kheldar stares Kerrigan in the face. The merchant's smooth voice takes on an authoritative tone like a professor giving an lecture on his field of expertise. "Now answer me this, why have the Jedi been repeatedly chased out of their Temple and forced into exile? It is a reoccurring pattern. Keep in mind we both know how it was done, but why did the attacks occure and succeed?"

KVCsignew.jpg

Kerrigan frowns. "I dont know why the attacks happened. Perhaps they succeeded.....perhaps they succeeded because we were not strong enough. I dont believe it was that. I dont know what to believe anymore. So much has happened. I have so much anger for everything. I just cant stop worrying about my Master." Kerrigan said, glancing at Kheldar, "You do know, however long you keep me 'captured' for, I will never call you my Master. I thank you for letting me beable to learn more of the Jedi, but that is all I am grateful of, when it comes to you. Where are you taking me?" Kerrigan asked, raising an eyebrow.

KERRiGAN

"Kerrigan!" Kheldar barks, using his voice to bring her up short. "Cyrion, please repeat part of that conversation." The droid nods and Kerrigan's words come back to her.

"I have so much anger for everything. I just cant stop worrying about my Master."

Kheldar nods in approval. "Thank you Cyrion." He turns back to Kerrigan. "I have some hopes for you. Your defiance in calling me master is promising. You assert yourself in the face of adversity." The merchant smiles. "You anger is dangerous if you still wish to persue the path of the Jedi. Anger and fear are the antithesis to the Jedi path. Your concern is commendable, but don't let it lead into worry. Learn from your error before it becomes a mistake Kerrigan." Kheldar pauses to help himself to a spoon full of delicately seasoned soup.

"Now, the Jedi were strong enough to survive the attack. They scattered, but endure. The fell because of several factors. The ambition and determination of the Sith, the drive for power and money. They were hit by four major powers seeking to profit form their demise. The Sith objected to the Jedi presence for their own survival. Organized crime struck to ensure the further corruption of the galaxy. Midsengard's military found it practical to ally with those powers. I found it my interest to help them on the side for the same reasons."

"The Sith are strong because they strive to dominate. In doing so they assert their own power. The Jedi do not dominate, but they also fail to assert their own power and were pushed aside to make way for the stronger. Do you see a solution to this problem?"

KVCsignew.jpg

"Im sorry. I dont know! I dont know what solution there is! Maybe the Sith's could leave us alone! Thats my opinion, what they should do! I asked once, so I shall ask again. To where are you taking me?" Kerrigan asked.

KERRiGAN

Kheldar sighs and shakes his head. "Very well. As I mentioned before there is a royal wedding in the works in the Imperial Palace. I have certain obligations to attend to there in the mean time." The merchant's eyes narrow and turns back to Kerrigan, though they almost overbrim with a sardonic amusment. "I do honest work occasionally and my skills cooking attracted the Emperor's attention. We'll arrive shortly and you are invited to the festivities as an attendent of mine. Since this is a formal occasion you'll be wearing your Jedi robes, though I'll be holding onto any weapons you may have."

"This is three fold. First, an extra hand in the kitchen is always useful. Second, the current regime admires the power to dominate amd by bringing a tame Jedi... I'm sure you can appreciate that." Kheldar looks back at Kerrigan, assessing her. The eyes shift their tone and give off a faint bit of hope. "The third reason may suprise you pleasantly. I dare not mention it aloud though."

Again the eyes shift, narrowing to slits. "While we're there, you'll obey all orders given without question. You are in the heart of the Empire and for reason's I'll discuss later, they wish to exterminate the Jedi order. Your survival depends on the appearance of subservience. If I detect anything else, I will push the button, or Cyrion will transimit the code, and the nanomachines in your blood will kill you in 4 seconds flat. This isn't to be taken lightly. As I have said, your master will most likely be there. Do not do anything to aid her or you are both dead."

The shuttle comes out of hyperspace over Coruscant. Kheldar rises up, and pushes his chair in. "We'll land in 10 minutes over the Imperial Palace. (OCC: Again, meet me there please after this post.) Be on your best behavior and keep your eyes open. Observe and obey."

Kheldar quickly walks out to the bridge of the ship, leaving Cyrion to watch over Kerrigan.

KVCsignew.jpg

As the shuttle carrying Bishop and Tarrian enters hyperspace, she just shakes her head. It's like jumping from the pan into the fire. How did they keep getting into these situations. She swore to herself, that if they ever made it back to the temple, she wasn't going to be leaving it for a very long time.

Taking a deep breath, she looked over to Bishop and just shrugged her shoulders. "How am I supposed to know, I always get lost in space anyway." She looked out the viewport and turned to him. "Maybe it will be okay. we'll just go and get lost. All of the sith are going to be busy with his wedding. Let's think positively here okay. We have a little time before we get there, lets just relax, and try to come up with a plan."

He looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

"Look Bishop, so my plan had a few flaws, but we are out of the temple. It's not my fault that the coordinates for the one place we don't want to go to are locked into the controls. Fine, you come up with a plan then."

She raised her own eyebrows at him in challenge for him to think of something better.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

"You know I'd feel a lot better about this if I at least had my lightsaber, but it's still back there at the Sith temple in one of the guard's boxes. At least then I'd have a good way to protect us."

*He sighed and glanced around the cockpit before his eyes settled back onto Tarrian.*

"I guess I could try hacking it or hotwiring the thing."

*The offer was a futile attempt and they both knew it. At best he would only be able to slow the inevitable. At worst he could damage the controls and leave them locked in hyperspace.*

"From what we're carrying it's pretty much a garuntee that we'll end up landing amongst the Sith. We won't be able to hide in the undercity if we can't get there first."

Bishop.jpg

Tarrian looked at Bishop and glanced down at the lightsabre that her brother had given her. She held it out to him.

"Here, Bishop, you take this. You can handle it better then me. And I don't want it. I'll build myself a new one. We'll make there. We will just have to be extremely careful."

She reached over and took his hand. Smiling at him, she reached out with the force, letting him know that she was exactly where she wanted to be.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

*Bishop looked down at the Sith crafted weapon like it was a snake. He didn't reach out to touch it but simply shook his head.*

"You keep it for now. If I really need it then I will get it then."

*She connected with him briefly, letting him know she was exactly where she wanted to be. He wasn't sure why being on a stolen Imperial Shuttle, headed straight for the Sith conquered Coruscant was where she wanted to be, but he wasn't about to argue right then.*

Bishop.jpg