Space

Ary the Grey

Fynn took a moment to strap himself in ship. "Its' an attractive ship." He said attempting to compliment his new acquaintence.

The look on Morgana's face made him think before trting it again. He didn't completely trust Morgana but if Mistress Skye had entrusted him to her care, then that was good enough for him. Still the thought of trusting anothers' flight capabilty made him uneasy.

"So why would such a handsome man as yourself want to become a jedi? Surely there are other more enticing paths for someone who seems so capable?"

"You mean gambling, killing for money, seeking financial gain for myself?" Fynn said stoicly. "No, thats just not what I see as important. I've done my share of unsavory deeds, I've had my share of selfishness. The galaxy is full of criminals, villans, and nefarious characters all out for themselves. If I can be a force for good, a symbol of light, that gives hope to those who suffer, then I have really done something."

"Besides when someone such as yourself gets into trouble you may need someone like me." Fynn said with a smirk. He turned his attentions inward, as he got farther from The Last Call the more he felt at ease, as if some invisible presence calmed his mood. He tried to concentrate on the feeling, wondering if that was the force he felt, or just some random emotion that all people felt at peace.

Edited by Guest

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

"Powers greater then a jedi, and culinary skills as well, tell me is there anything you can't do?" Fynn said in jest. He picked up a utensil and gently tasted the dish Morgana had prepared. It was spicy, stronger then the bland meals he was us too, and also quite salty. He took a moment to gulp hard. "Good, well, at least we won't starve if the hypedrive fails." He remarked.

He looked intensely at Morgana when she was consuming the rest of her portion. Fynn always had a knack for observation, always carefully surveying the surroundings. He had found that using the world aroud him to survive was far smarter then simply relying on ones inner strength.

Morgana was not the sort of girl he had expected to be associated with Mistress Skye, let alone related. She seemed quite capable of caring for herself. He wondered though what sort of deeds she was capable of. While the Jedi were certainly not invincible, he wondered what sort of powers she posessed to make her so sure of her superiority.

"If you dont mind, I will rest a while." With that Fynn bowed slightly out of respect, and moved to an interior cabin space. Here he sat with legs folded, as the seers had taught him when he was but a boy. Concentrating on centering himself, he reached out, trying to recapture the feelings of calm that had washed over him earlier. To his suprise they were still there, as if they had never left. He relaxed and found a moment of peace.

"You must learn the art of defense young one, this is something only a jedi can teach." The Seers had said to him in unison. Thier voices combining to form one tone.

Defense, it was a word that had little meaning in truth, but it is what the seers had told him. He had argued that defense could only work for so long, for even a strong defense would eventually fail. The seers however were adamant, and so he had eventually agreed. He was too young then to understand what they had meant, and without an instructor, a proper teacher, he had wandered aimlessly.

He had feared what the darkside might do to someone like himself, and worse he had feared what it might make him do. He felt he was a good person, and so he did his best to avoid situations or occupations that involved violence. Finally he had been fortunate to contact a source that said that he could be trained, the jedi had spoken of Mistress Skye personally.

The idea seemed sensible, and if Mistress Skye could teach him the art of defense, perhaps what had happened to Dantooine could be prevented on other worlds. Perhaps he could protect...

He closed the thought forcefully, to be jedi was to be above petty concerns. He would have to be selfless now. Suddenly the ship shuddered, jarring Fynn out of his meditation.

"Were almost at maultauros. Would you mind coming up to the cockpit and strapping in? Id rather not bring back a bloodied pulp for my mother, this ship isnt known for its easy hyperspace exits."

Fynn made his way to the cockpit where Morgana sat making last minute adjustments to her counsel. Fynn stumbled a bit as the ship shuddered once more. Moving to the co pilot chair Fynn strapped in and locked the seat into a prone postion.

"I hope the ship is known for its safe landings." Fynn said jokingly, but Morgana's face showed that she wasnt in the mood for humor. Morgana always seemed to be sizing Fynn up as if he were prey and she was the hunter. As attractive or exotic as she might be Fynn refused to do the same, feeling as though personal attachment could only distract him from his goal.

He had never known what true attachment could be like and as such tryed to remain without them. He supposed it was due to being without real parents. He had been raised by his adoptive father, and the only women he had known were the Seers' and they were to be given the utmost respect. Fynn turned his attention back to the shortening starlines that marked the end of thier journey through hyperspace.

• 4 weeks later...

As the ship bearing Mistress Skye, Darla, Fynn and Darex hurtled towards thier destination, Fynn sat in the galley, enjoying a delcious meal prepared by his master. "I see cooking runs in the family, your daughter made a simialar meal on the way too Maltauros" Fynn said casually as he and the others ate.

Darla had been quiet, as if her thoughts werent totally with group. Fynn decided to ask his master a question that had plauged him since he had begun his training it was a revelation that Fynn had heard from Mistress Skyes' lips, and had felt in thier force bonding session. Darla finished quickly and left to meditate.

As the meal drew to a close the Fynn moved to follow Mistress Skye to her quaters. "Mistress Skye, I have a difficult question for you, I will understand if you don't wish to discuss it. " But Mistress Skye seemed willing to answer his question. She allowed him top enter and bade him to sit with his legs folded, in a meditation like stance. She did the same.

"You mentioned your...brother, that he had fallen to the darkside. Do you ever fear that you may follow him?" Fynn asked seriously. His face seemed to yearn for an answer that he could not yet conjure in his mind.

Edited by Guest

Fynn listened intently to his masters' answer. Mistress Skye explained what happened with such freeness and candor, that Fynn felt bad for even asking. He realized that his Master was not the type to hold secrets. He had wondered if his master had ever felt the subtle pull of the darkside, and now that it was admited he felt more at ease with her.

Fynn approached slowly, keeping the traning bamboo out in front of him. Mistress Skye seemed very serene for a women about to engage in a fight, even a fake one. Fynn had done a lot of practice on his own, but that was with targets, or his imagination, it was very different to see an opponent staring back at him.

Fynn breathed slowly, and struck when he got close enough, Skye blocked his strike easily, and Fynn had to pull back to regain his balance. Mistress Skye bade he come again and Fynn didn't delay, and came at his master again, he made several careful strikes to see how hi master responded to each move. Her defense was solid, and the best Fynn could do was try to avoid losing his balance again. He fell back, and swung hard , trying to make Skye go on the defensive again. For a moment, he felt that the wise Mistress had fell for it.

The two circled each other, and Fynn struck again and again, this time he made several quick strikes with the training bamboo, and then swung low trying to disarm his master. Skye saw his ploy, and quickly ended his strategy by blocking low and sweeping her leg under Fynns'.

Fynn fell in heap and was stunned for a moment, he got up quickly and rubbed the back of his head. Mistress Skye made sure he was alright. "I'm fine, I guess I have to learn to anticipate moves like that." He said with a smirk.

Edited by Guest

Fynn watched carefully as his master demonstrated with Darla. He took careful note of how Darla attacked. Careful, methodical, they were not the frenzied impotent attacks he had been making against his master, rather these were sophisticated moves, guided more by the force then by the mind.

Each movement was fluid and natural, and the moves were not forced. Fynn sighed breathlessly, he was unsure that he would ever gain the sort abilities Skye had shown with a blade. Nevertheless he stepped forward ready to try again. It only be with patience that he would ever learn, and Fynn knew he had to persevere to ever attain such skill

"I'll try again, if it is alright master." Fynn said after taking a deep breath, he picked up the rod and approached. This time he would use the force in his movements, it would guide his actions, and he would use it to enhance his movements rather then compliment them.

"Dont trust your eyes they can decieve you and dont be afraid. Now defend yourself.

Fynn watched Darla transform from a friendly Jedi knight, into a vicious sith warrior. He felt a rush of adrenaline, and a feeling of urgency. Darla was no more, replaced by a warrior of unknown attacked, and without mercy. Fynn fended each blow as best he could but, some were simply to strong for him. He nearly lost his balance and as The sith struck at him again Fynn flipped backwards landing softly and precisely. Darla or the Sith, Fynn was unsure what had happened, seemed to pause, either pleased with Fynn's move, or angered by it.

It circled Fynn and then continued the onslaught. Fynn fended the blows off once more, but his defense was failing. Darla's moves were too quick and even using the force Fynn couldn't anticipate them as he could a blaster, as Mistress Skye had predicted.

Darla delivered a kick to Fynns stomach, but Fynn turned in time to meet the blade that, if real, would have split him in two. He pushed the blade back, and in a quick move that he had seen Skye perform he leaped over Darla trying to get to her weak side. The jump was perfectly executed and had Darla been slower, or had not been a student of Skye herself she would have been unprepared. As it was she met Fynn with a flurry of strikes, and he backpedaled in a halfly performed reatreat.

Dauntless Fynn stayed at it, holding as best he could. In a move that even Fynn was unsure he could perform, Fynn blocked high and then low, locking his training rod with the blood red blade. Darla struggled to hold her saber upright, and then with a move of expierence she rotated the locking manuver to loosen it. Seeing this move Fynn disengaged ducking away from a strike meant to injure him.

Fynn managed to strike Darla back, using a quick move to hit Darla in the ribs. But before he could move away to capitalize Darla brought the saber to Fynn's neck. The vision faded, and instead of the cold remorseless sith, Fynn could see the face of Darla once more.

"Thats' one impressive trick, " Fynn said gasping for breath. Darla lowered the training rod, it appeared as if she unsure wether to continue or not. "I wasn't aware the force could do that..." Fynn said with a puzzeled look at his master.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Fynn looked at Sirvani with a quiet reservation. She wasn't capable of much yet, her neck was still healing, and her other wounds still would need months of careful tending for her to be 100 percent. He contemplated knocking her back out with some forceful action. Horus seemed to be extremely worried about the womans' welfare, it had become almost a pet project of sorts, an attachment that was more then dangerous. Fynn decided to make that stop...right now.

"Horus, go back to the cockpit, at the end of the day she is still a sith, and a dangerous one at that, I don't want to have to tell Raziel I let his padawn get killed by half concious warrior."

He knew Horus might protest, "Just go, Ill look after her, you need not worry." He moved to the restraining field again activating it to be safe. As he moved to the womans' side he sat down with legs folded, concentrating once more on the womans' mind. It was a skill he got better at each time he tried it.

You are not being harmed, as I have kept my word. I defeated you, but you have not yet defeated yourself. When you wake up, and that will be soon, you will be allowed to choose wether to continue on your path, or choose another. Whatever your descision it will be yours and yours alone. Now sleep, and enjoy what little time of tranquilty you have left.

Fynn stood up as the medical droid inquired on his needs. "I'm fine, continue to administer syrettes, alert me if her status becomes concious." The small droid nodded and gave a short affrimative, as Fynn made his way to cockpit. The alarm sounded, Naboo came into view as starlines faded back into stars and planets.

The Destinys' Dream made only a slight alteration to its flight pattern. As Fynn sat with legs folded in one of the empty cargo bays. He could feel thier direction change ever so easily. The ship was only out of hyperspace for an instant, and then without pause it blasted off in the direction of its destination...Corellia.

Fynn sat behind the controls contemplating his next move. IF he could find this terrorist and who she was working for, he would capture her and return with her to Corellia for trial. His other option was taking her to Coruscant and let the republic authorties take over. On Coruscant he could see Darla again, perhaps even his master was already there.

His training was nearly complete, and Fynn felt that when there was time his Knighthood would only be a formality. Not that he cared, ranks were something that the army worried about. He was a jedi now, wether or not he had an officialm title.

The Templar streaked through hyperspace and slowly began powerdown its hyperdrive, slowing the blue hyperspace tunnel into starlines and then stars again.

The Templar shot through hyperspace, while its passanger meditated on his actions. In the days before his apprenticeship, he would have never thought twice about invading imperial space. Now, he was wary of creating conflict. Selvaris wasn't a planet he was too aware of, but if his guess was correct niether was his quarry. Finding her wouldn't be easy, as Selvaris was a place someone could get lost in a hurry.

Fynn was feeling a bit alone, an odd feeling for him. He had lived virtually on his own his whole life. But contact with Mistress Skye, and Darla made him long for companionship again.

Fynn checked the sensors. He was coming up on Selvaris, and the hyperspace alarm came to life just as he felt it would. If the authorties allowed him to land he would half way to his goal. The terrorist would answer for her crimes, and Fynn would make sure of it.

After making a series of jumps to make sure he wasn't followed Fynn came out of hyperspace near what was once Dantooine. Only an asteroid field now, the empty void seemed to still echo with the lives of those lost in its destruction. Fynn looked out into the darkness, not really sure he was looking for. It was true that the destruction of Dantooine was influential on Fynn, but he was determined that it would not define him.

He needed to move on, to become the jedi that his father had said he would be. Patience was something Fynn had learned since his childhood, and now he was beggining to understand why.

Punching the controls for...home, Fynn sighed as he bade a silent farewell to the last place he had called 'home'. His life had changed, and he new there would never be a going back. "The Templar" angled up and away from the debris field, as its sublight engines powered down, its hyperdrive activated, leaving the ruins of Dantooine to themselves once more.

• 2 weeks later...

The Templar moved through hyperspace like glowbug on fire. Fynn had known the ship was fast, but now it was proving it. Fynn adjusted the computer screen to give him continual status reports on the condition of the engines. They were performing well, but Fynn didn't want lack of attentiveness to put Ara in danger. As he leaned back to take a break he decided to make a little small talk to make the trip go faster.

"We should be arriving at Coruscant fairly soon, until then I suppose we can pass the time. I suppose my trials will be soon, at least this as much as Master Skye has told me. I wonder If might ask you a question though?" Fynn paused his line of thinking to begin a question.

"Master Ara, how long have you known master skye? I mean you two seem to have a long history together." Fynn said with deep regard. His master was still mysterious to him even after all his training, she kept many of her secrets from him for good cause he was sure, still he wanted to know how Ara and Skye knew each other.

Fynn listened intentively to Master Ara, as her response was not suprising. The two jedi shared a bond as deep as any Fynn had felt since becoming a jedi. It was nice to know such bonds existed...

"Thanks but not right now, I suppose we should be coming up on Coruscant in a little bit." He said as he turned his attention to the navigational controls. He attempted to sound focused but his mind wandered back to Darla again. Where was she, why did she not contact Master Skye? He had been told Darla was a free spirit, coming and going like a wind, in contrast Fynn was like a river, constantly moving yet some how in touch with everyone at once.

He sighed audibly he knew that Darla was stronger then he, yet he still felt a need to know she was ok. The disturbing dreams he had had of her with a dragon, and content no less perhaps even...happy...made Fynn anxious, How does one compare a sparrow to a dragon?

The Templar signalled the end of its hyperspace jump...as the forward cockpit window showed starlines and Stars once more, the world of Coruscant grew large below them.

• 1 month later...

The Templar streaked through hyperspace, little more then a glint of of light. Aboard Fynn relaxed going over the vision again in his mind. He sought an answers to the puzzle...but the more he contemplated the less he remembered. Still he knew what he had seen and felt, there could be no confusion of that. If only he could...

The warning sirens flared, Tatooine was coming up. "Dace, were coming up on Tatooine, not much to see but thought you'ld like to know..." Fynn said to his compatriot.

The ship slowed its engines, slowly slipping back into normal space.

The Templar was still amid hyperspace as Fynn planned out his moves. The jedi hopefully still had control of the temple. If he was right the alliance counterattack was just about to begin. It wouldn't take long for the Alliance ground forces to strike back. If the jedi could get control of the ground situation...

The blinking warning on the headsup display indicated Coruscant was coming up...and fast.

Instead of the usual commerical chatter, military unit communication was a blaze. Both sides were preparing themselves for a major confrontation. A clash that was going to reignite a war that had been cold for a decade.

• 1 month later...

As the Spear hurdled through Hyperspace, the enterior cabins were alive with talk and preperations. Some citizens on normal buisness sat quietly reading the latest bulletins. Other tried to coral thier children from causing too much noise...mostly in vain.

Fynn ignored these distractions. He kept his eyes focused on Darla. It was a gentle stare, not the kind Darla had probably seen from Fynn before. He didn't have a hint of dissappointment, he was merely glad to see that she was alive, and well. He could sense she had changed, and that some dark corner of her mind had all but vanished leaving the woman he cared for, in one gloriously whole piece. There was still some confusion in her thoughts, but Fynn was content to have her sit there in silence.

Finally he spoke up. Looking for the words to begin a conversation long ovrdue. "I have been knighted, and I have learened a lot since last you saw me Darla. I can't express how it feels to be able to see you, like this, especially now. Tell me...what happened, I know you saved the Lord Ryu, that you...desired...loved...him. I half expected you to never return." He said with a concern for her. What had happened? Did she even know? Even if she did could she possibly tell him. He wished he could delete the question but it still lingered in the air like a heavy weight.

• 2 weeks later...

As the shuttle continued toward Maltauros Fynn turned to Nivana who smiled back at him. "Nivana, I am your master now, but I want you to be as comfortable with me as you can be, if you have a problem, I want to know it, feel free to tell me anything that concerns you. I'm only a humble knight, but I will what I can to help." He said consolingly.

"Now, I can tell your anxious to get started...how about we do a bit of practice with your spatial skills?" With that he got up and entered into the small cabin. Out of his pocket he pulled a small round sphere, a piece of condensed carbonite polished into a marble. As Nivana approached, he handed it to her beckoning her to sit with her legs folded as he was.

"The force is ever present, even here in the cold depths of space. As a jedi you must learn to use the force as you would use your arm. Picture the sphere in your minds eye, imagine it surrounded by a calm sea, floating gently in the water..."

"Good, your doing well Nivana." He said with a simple smile. The relationship between the marble and yourself represents everything about the force that you will need to know to remain in the light. As you are calm and relaxed so the force will be." He paused for a moment then continued. "What you feel between the marble and yourself, is the power of the force, so for now we concentrate on one marble." He took his own marble in hand and did the same as she. "Now as you are calm, I want you to will the marble to orbit around you as a moon orbits a planet, only this time the force is the means of gravity. Extend the feeling around your entire body. Nudge it gently with your power and keep your balance. This may be harder, but you must try."

"As a jedi you will face many situations where your sense of what is around you is crucial, you must learn to focus and center no matter the problem. When you can't focus, panic sets in, which can lead you to fear and then to darker emotions." He said as he saw Nivana was about to attempt the next task. "But I talk to much, give it a try Nivana, and don't fear failure."

• 4 weeks later...

As the shuttle hurtled across the vast empty dpeth of space, Fynn took time to think about his old Master. It had been some time since had spoken with Master Skye, in fact...he couldn't remember seeing her since he had been kighted. "You know, I think we should stop off to see my old master if your up for it..." If it was possible, he would find her, introduce Nivana and catch up on old times. Most of all he wanted her to see that he had become a knight, to just capture in a small way her approval. He knew it was petty, but still he couldn't deny his desire to make his old master proud.

He broke out a ration pack, and handed some to his new ward. "Sorry, but were all out of cuisine foods. This will have to do. Now how about we return to some of your training?" Fynn said as he awaited a response from Nivana who seemed to be off in her own galaxy of thoughts.

After a few minutes of watching Nivana in her practices, Fynn decided on an alteration of course to Naboo. "Not to worry, just a quick stop in Naboo...we need supplies, and its the closest planet." He said to Nivana alerting her of the change.

The ship altered course and headed to the jewel of a world called Naboo.

• 2 weeks later...

For a moment, Fynn paused letting Darla's words play against his thoughts, she had changed. The news of Darla's visions were troubling, either she was seeing the past or the present or far worse...the future. If Master Skye was endanger, then that would mean the 'protection' Tzeentch had offered her had ended. Or perhaps she had fallen out of favor with the selfproclaimed god. She was right about one thing though, the forces they faced were daunting, and seemed on the surface to dwarf them.

"The galaxy is as confused as ever. The republic is still recovering from Fausts suprise attack on Coruscant, Master Ara may be stepping back from her leadership role, and the sith have been unusually quiet, this is a relief, at least thier will be some measure of peace for a while." Fynn said as he recalled his narrow victory of Johnskywalker. The sith had been beaten back, but only after much sacrifice.

"There have been numerous reports on the condition of Mon Calamari. The consensus so far is that its some sort of viral form of algae. This in itself isn't disturbing, the problem is that such virulent lifeforms don't exist on Mon Calamari. Some point to the Quarren and a terrrorist organization within thier ranks, however the Quarren community rejects this, and claims it is being set up. We need to do an independent check of the findings ourselves, and report back to the Council."

Fynn said this and then stood leaning against a bulkhead, and peered out a side viewport of the hypnotic hyperspace field. "As far as Master Skye is concerned, were going to have to be patient, she is a jedi master after all, she can handle herself. If Tzeentch has the powers that he claims, then we are powerless to interfere. I don't like that idea, but we have to be realistic." Fynn said as he clenched a fist and tapped his thigh.

Turning back to Nivana, he smiled. "Don't worry Nivana, I know this can all be a bit confusing, all of this will be explained in time, for know why don't you go into the next compartment and practice your mental excercises. I need you to be alert when we get to Mon Calamari."

As she left, Fynn continued the discussion in private. "A mynock doesnt fight a bantha, without first finding weakspot. If the chaos gods are behind her dissappearence, then this symbolizes a dangerous trend. It means the Chaos gods may not be as altrustic as we have been led to believe. For now we have to be patient, and simply observe what we can. As far as the visions..." Fynn paused as he gazed into Darla's eyes. He was at a complete loss for words. He got lost in her eyes for just a second. Shaking his head he continued. "You should be advising me Darla..." Fynn put his hands on his hips. "Don't despair, you have no way of knowing if your visions will come true, so try to let them pass, dreams and visions leave with time." He knew the advice was woefully to little, but what could he say, Darla was a different jedi then he had ever met.

• 3 weeks later...

"Nivana...its time we got back to your training. Your falling behind a little in your saber training, my fault mostly but still no excuse." Fynn said as he shot a glance to Darla. 'How bout a little space, I know you want to comfort her, but the life of a jedi is rough, you of all people know this. She has to learn to deal with such things in her own way.' Fynn said through the force. He didn't want to offend Darla, but if she was going to patronize Nivana it would only make the training harder. She needed to be tough.

-----

You fell? His father said gruffly.

"Yes..." a much younger Fynn said in a boyish voice.

"Then get up..." His father said as he left the boy to stand alone.

"I can't!" Fynn said as he struggled with intense pain.

"Someday you'll be alone, you'll be a jedi, and I won't be there...so either get up now, or stay down forever." The Garm said in deep foreboding voice.

Slowly...the young Fynn stood.

-----

"No, you're not thinking, your reacting.”

Watching as Nivana brought her blade to bare, Fynn took just a half second to engage her. Bringing his blade with a stong strike to her center. She parried excellently, but by the time she had come back to fend his next attack Fynn spun, swinging low. If Nivana had been a second slower she would have missed Fynn's blade all together, but again her defense was too quick.

Fynn's blade was blocked harmlessly to the side. Fynn already knew his next two moves, it was merely exectution of a pattern. Fynn slashed high and then low then repeated this motion in half the time. This time, Nivana seemed a step ahead, for as Fynn swung low or the second time, she was already there. Instead of waiting for the strike she met it with equal force. This forced Fynn to change his moves, vary his thought process, still he stayed in Form II, not willing to move to far above his students level. More and more though, Nivana was showing that she knew more then Fynn had thought, either she had been studying when Fynn wasn't aware or...

"Good block, but keep your opponent off balance, remember balance is always in motion. It only takes a moment..." Fynn said as he flipped over her head with a well time jump. Bringing his saber back up he met Nivana's block with ease and then blocked her saber away. Instinctively she kicked him in the chest, using her momentum to swing the saber back at her master. Fynn stumbled back but was quick to bring his green viridian blade back to face her and then attack again.

It was a lot like watching Darla, strange as it might seem Fynn felt for a moment that he was fighting his old friend. There was no reason to it of course, but still the feeling lingered. This time Nivana seemed pensive, as if she were waiting for something. Fynn sighed, she couldn't hesitate, not now, not in a fight. He wasn't going to lose Nivana to some sith welp, she was going to be better then that. As he attacked he blocked her saber up, for a brief second her concentration was loast and he elbowed her chin knocking her for a loop. As she fell backwards and collasped, Fynn turned off his blade and walked over to her. He could see that he left a small bruise on her chin. "Good defense, but not great...now get up...were going to keep practicing until we get it right. When you fight a sith he won't give you a break, now get up." Fynn said as he attached his saber to his side. "Get up..." he repeated with a slightly more stressed tone. She seemed to be hesitating. Finally he extended a hand towards his apprentice.

As Fynn was face down on the floor he had to chuckle. Nivana had caught him off balance, just like he warned her. He had been too rough, master of her or not, no one wanted to be treated to harshly. As Nivana gave him a threat he wondered if she would actually follow through. Fynn had never feared death, but still he felt a cold chill run through his spine as she brought the lightsaber to his skull. "Alright...so what now, you kill me with my own saber?" Fynn said in deep tone. "If you fight with dishonor, then you dishonor everything a jedi stands for."

He took a single deep breath and rolled...hard. Kicking his foot against a nearby bulkhead, Fynn slid on his back with aid of the force. Stopping by friction, Fynn propelled himself upward with one hand to stand. "I'll take that..." Fynn said as gripped his lightsaber with the force and wrested it from Nivana's hand. It landed back in his waiting hand.

"I'm sorry Nivana, I pushed too hard. I just don't want to lose you to the sith. I want to make sure your ready, to make sure that you can win." Fynn felt he knew where those words had come from. "All these years, all the running, and I thought my past was totally behind me...that I was no longer the man I was trained to be." Fynn said as he slumpt on to a nearby wall. "I...", Fynn began to say and then ended his excuses. "Maybe you need a better teacher." Fynn said as he left the room. Entering a sleeping cabin, Fynn closed the door. Sitting on the bunk, he tried to meditate. It was no good, his mind raced with the idea of failure.

He had been so sure with many other things...Fynn wasn't sure of anything now.

Edited by Guest

Fynn felt Darla as she opened the door. It was about the only coherent thing he had felt in a few minutes. "I'm fine...", but he knew it was a lie before it came out of his mouth. "Should'nt you be in a meditation right now?" Fynn asked with a bit of annoyance. He turned his head..."I'm sorry, I'm not...I'm not a very good teacher." Fynn said as he put his hand on his forhead and leaned his elbow open his knee. "I trained hard everyday, morning, noon, night, I recited my lessons, I studied the old styles, I even bested a sith lord." Fynn said standing in a moment of frustration. "But I can't teach her, I push too hard, I want to teach her so much, but I...I end up just running my mouth and sounding more like a tired old fool then a teacher."

Fynn detached his saber and tossed it on the bed next to Darla, "I can't believe that my past still haunts me so much, I thought I was past all this." Fynn said looked at himself in a nearby mirror. "So damn regimented and proffessional that I can't even break out of the habit when teaching her." Fynn said as leaned against the nearby wall. Darla seemed to be trying to understand, to grasp why he was beating himself up. "I struck her," Fynn said finally, "not like a student but like she was the enemy like she was a sith her self." Fynn said with sick look upon his face.

"She's good you know, she's only been training a short time, but her control and her coordination are top notch. She is better then me when I was training under Master Skye." He spoke highly of his student because it was true, she was a natural. "She is more powerful then any student I've seen training under other knights. If there were a battle tommorow there is no one I'd rather have at my side. Present company excluded of course." Fynn said with a grin and a smirk at Darla. "But that is over now, she'll probably demand she have another teacher now...one that won't lose it in the middle of training session. "

"I lost control...my goodness Darla, had I not paused I would have cut her in two..." Fynn realizing his feelings. Fynn paused and then collasped and tried to think on his failure. "She won't listen to me after this...I failed her...I failed Master Skye." Fynn said, and then laughed and shook his head as a new title came to mind,"Fynn Relmis...the galaxies finest loser of students."

Fynn brought his eyes back to Darla. "Your right of course..." Fynn said calmly. He had been acting foolishly. Troubled past or not those things were a part of him, and he would have to learn to accept them. "You know you'ld be a pretty good teacher yourself..." Fynn said as smiled. She seemed to want to dismiss it with shake of her head. "I mean it, you've gone through hell and come back sane, and stronger for it. You'ld have a lot to pass on."

Fynn stopped and realized how much he appreciated Darla. She was a good friend, but in his heart he wished for more then that. He never had fully expelled Darla from his heart. There was still a part of him that yearned to have her close. Yet he had no way to tell her, no reasoned way at least. He supposed that this was to be expected, they were jedi after all. While passion was not totally forbidden for them, it had a way of complicating the most simple of things. He remembered Darla from those days ago on Malturous, when he was just a padawan, stumbling in on what he thought was the most beautiful creature he had ever laid eyes on. She was different then, darker, more dangerous, far less control. Her emotions were clear and often sharp, and when she was near Fynn felt like his lungs were going to explode.

Now things were different of course. She had tamed herself, and her power, and Fynn had become the jedi he was trained to be thorough and proffessional. It was totally illogical to feel for Darla, it made no sense to even think that such a relationship was even possible. As he stared into her eyes it took more then a little thought to break free of her gaze. Thank you Darla...Fynn said simply through the force as he grabbed his lightsaber. "I need to get back to my student..."

As he exited the cabin Fynn breathed a sigh of relief, for a moment he saw himself giving in to his desire, ending what had been a strictly plutonic friendship. The moment was sharp, and he was sure that Darla had felt it, like the tip of an iceberg diguising its massive weight below the surface. It was gone again now...

• 4 months later...

Fynn's craft soared through hyperspace stopping only to change coordinates and make a series of uniform jumps to shake any followers.

"She's out there somewhere...but where."

The droid co-pilot bleeped back a short message

"Your right, it could be any jedi base."

Suddenly the computer fed back a response on the frequency scan.

"Aracoun Morion? Thats a pretty long jump. Alright prep series of jumps. I only hope we don't get there to late. Punch it R-5"

With that the shuttle shuddered and blasted back into starlines.