Space

Ary the Grey

((copied over from Jedi Temple - Hoth thread))

"Are you feeling better....You look strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark."

Skye looks up at the sound of Ish's voice, curious to know if he had heard her thoughts of wondering where he was. ”œI'm feeling much better now”¦ thanks to you.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Showing more control than she thought she had, Skye manages to control the impulse to vomit. Instead she feels the tears begin to fall unheeded down her face. Something terrible had just happened. It was like hearing a multitude of voices cry out before being silenced.

She had never felt anything like this before and realizes that it is because she is now attuned to the Force. Briefly she wonders why it took so long for her Force powers to manifest, then thinks maybe it was a blessing in disguise that they didn't appear earlier.

She glances over at Ish to see that he is just as affected by the disturbance as she is. She slides across the mats to hug him, both giving and receiving comfort for the wave of grief they had just felt and not caring about the looks they get from the few Rebel soldiers that were also in the gym.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

It'll be okay Skye. We'll stop them, whoever did this. Darex's voice comes into her mind. Moving away from Ish and standing up she tells him that Darex is awake again, a gentle smile coming across her face briefly breaking through the sadness.

Concentrating Skye closes her eyes and tries to send a message back to him, ”œYes I know, and yes we will stop them, however long it takes.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye hears Darex's message and is puzzled by the tone behind it. Turning to Ish she agrees that they should go and check on how Darex is mending.

”œUmmm”¦ Ish, can I ask you something? Before we get back to the medical wing? I don't know if you would be able to offer any advice or not but I need to talk to someone about this”¦”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye is very thoughtful.

”œThat is kind of what I thought too, but I'm not so sure I can live like that. I've had relationships in the past ”“ before my Force powers started to manifest ”“ but I haven't felt drawn to anyone like this since ”˜he' betrayed me for another. Whatever this is I am feeling, I don't think I could let Darex get close to my heart. It's like I have built up a wall of ice around it that no-one has been able to melt through. I guess I am just confused that I could feel drawn to someone again, but it's different now that I am training to be a Jedi ”¦ isn't it?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Silently making her way over to Darex, Skye slips down onto the chair next to his bed. Her thoughts are troubled. She doesn't want to lead him on, yet she does wish to be his friend. Their friendship had been steadily growing over the last few weeks and she was afraid that he might want more from her than she was willing to share.

Skye had a habit of flirting with good looking men and had found an abundance of those at the Jedi Training Facility. The last thing she wanted was to break any of the rules the Jedi ”“ her new family - may have. She wished she had a Master that she could talk to about these things but knew that she would have to wait and see where they ended up first and if she would be allocated a Master when they got to their destination. In the mean time she would try and find something regarding these matters in the datapads of any library she came across.

Turning her attention back to Darex she waited to see what he had to say.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye shifts uncomfortably in her chair. Hearing him speak of his feelings openly to her only confirmed what she was beginning to suspect. She had felt his jealousy when she had gone to the gym with Ish and didn't want him to feel like that. Trying to put her thoughts into words she stays quiet for a while longer before answering.

”œI”¦ care about you Dar, I really do but we are training to be Jedi now. I don't know what their policies are regarding relationships but I have heard the rumors of emotional attachments being forbidden. I can't deny that I am attracted to you also, but ”¦ we can only remain friends. Please don't let this jeopardize our friendship”¦”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Feeling that Darex is now giving her the silent treatment, Skye turns to leave. She is saddened that she had hurt his feelings and wishes she could make it up to him, but his previous jealousy had concerned her more than she thought it would.

Skye heads back over to where Ish is standing by the doorway. ”œI'd like that spar now ”¦ I need some action.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Coming out of hyperspace to recheck the scanners and to change course slightly, Skye downloaded the latest news broadcasts from the holonets, noticing and flagging the one's to do with Naboo, before re-entering hyperspace once more for Bogden and setting the autopilot for the moment. Taking alittle time out to look at the one's she had flagged her heart skipped a beat as she noticed a red headed man in the crowd. She would notice Chen anywhere and she called out for Nahstaa to show him the footage, proving that her lover was where he had said he would be. She froze the frame and printed out a copy of his image not able to hide the smile from her face as she looked upon the image of her lover. She may have agreed with her brother not to contact him but at least she could look at his image.

With all the emotional turmoil she had been through, Skye found it was all catching up with her, not to mention she would need all her strength for whatever awaited them on Bogden. She wandered through to the living area firstly, noticing that while Xen-Que had gotten off the ship, Isolder had chosen to remain. She gave Isolder and Nom a nod and spoke to Nahstaa.

”œI'm going to rest for a while bro, keep an eye on things up front for me won't you. I have a feeling I will need to be well rested for what is up ahead of us. You might want to check the recording's I've flagged Nahstaa ”“ Chen is leading the relief effort on Naboo. I told you he was good. I'll leave you to clean up your mess in the other bunkroom too. Wake me if something happens that I should know about.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye was dreaming”¦ images flicked past of the time she had spent with Chen. A smile turning up the edges of her mouth as she dreamt, her heartbeat steady, as in her dream-state, they kissed again. Sighing in her sleep she turned over onto her back”¦ the images fading to darkness”¦

Again images came to her”¦ lighting up the blackness of sleep. This time it was of a man dressed in a white suit”¦ a man she had never seen before but instantly trusted. He spoke to her, giving her directions to a place where she knew she had to go”¦ a location only known to a select few”¦and that was to remain hidden. More images followed the first before fading back into darkness”¦

Skye woke well rested. Turning her head slightly to look at the image on the wall, she smiled and reached out, gently touching the face of the man in the image. In her mind, the words ”œI love you”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The Destiny's Dream left the atmosphere of Borleais and Skye again checked for any hidden tracking devices. She didn't want anyone to know where they were going. She set a hyperspace course, allowing for several course changes. Streaks of light flashed past as they entered hyperspace on the first leg of their journey”¦

Unclipping her harness, Skye got up and went back to see how Darex was going”¦ it would take several hours before the first course change would take place and she felt that they should talk for a while, maybe start alittle training. She also needed to tell him about Chen”¦

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"You love him, don't you?"

Skye looked back to Darex. She could feel the waves of jealousy radiating out from him. While she did expect him to be jealous, she didn't realise how powerful his feelings were, nor that he loved her as much as he was now letting her see. She felt the change within him like he had suddenly opened a window. She sighed, her heart heavy.

”œDarex”¦ Chen is special to me. I do love him. I care for you too”¦ but”¦ he has my heart”¦”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

As she was setting the new co-ordinates in for the next leg of their journey, Skye's comm panel lit up. She reached over and activated to receive and record. A smile then lit up her face as she heard Chen's voice, and widened at his invitation to dinner. Not giving it a second thought, and wanting to see him again no matter what the consequences, she resent the nav computer for the Floating Gardens of Ithor sending a comm in return telling him her acceptance to his dinner invitation and her estimated time of arrival.

That done they re-entered hyperspace on a new course. She went to find Darex, telling him that they were now heading towards Ithor, but that that was not the destination she had in mind for training.

”œWe're having a slight detour before we go into training. We're heading to Ithor. Please don't get jealous Darex. Chen has asked me to dinner and I've accepted. Please work on controlling your emotions. Don't let them control you.

As Master Tares told me: ”œSome would label these emotions good and bad, obviously the bad ones straying you towards the darkside. Yet I would call them human emotions. Now the question is, what will you do? Suppress these emotions, let them control you, or you control them?"

Please don't let your jealous feelings control you, they could lead you to the darkside and we don't want to see that. You're too good to let that happen. We can work through this.

You know that I want to further my healer training, well the location in which we are going to is where I can do that. After we visit the gardens we will head to a hidden training location. ”œ

She fell silent waiting for his response.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye looked after her padawan as he walked out. ”˜How did I get caught up in a love triangle like this? Darex loves me but I love Chen”¦ this can't be good. I care for Darex, and I know that the Master/Padawan bond will soon kick in and that will complicate matters more. What am I going to do? I won't turn to the darkside either, I'm walking into this with my eyes open. But I have to see Chen. I need to know where things stand between us.'

Skye headed into her bunk room and searched through her wardrobe, finding a nice light pastel coloured, backless dress and headed towards the refresher. She stepped into the sonic shower and let the hot water course over her as she tried to sort out her jumbled thoughts. She stretched out with the Force and noticed that Darex was meditating.

She would need to tell him that she hadn't told Chen about being a Jedi and also about the cover story that had been put in place on Coruscant. She would continue with that story and that should keep her brother happy. She got dressed and headed back into her bunkroom, splashing on her favourite scent of rose and sandalwood, letting her hair fall loosely down her back and slipping some sandals on. She now looked nothing like a Jedi.

Skye headed towards Darex's bunkroom, pausing to knock on the door and sending a tendril of thought to him that they needed to discuss some matters before landing. Getting his permission to enter, she sat down on the bunk next to him, the dresses skirt flaring out around her as she sat.

”œThere are some things that we need to discuss before we get there. Firstly, I'm not going to turn to the darkside either, I know what I'm doing. I haven't told Chen that I am a Jedi and when we met at the Last Call, Nahstaa, Nom and I used a cover story. I will continue with that cover story. I resorted back to my previous occupation of freighting items across the galaxy. I had mentioned that I was ”˜trying to' convince Nom to be my new business partner. We will go with how Nom wasn't interested but you are now my business partner”¦ ok?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Skye checked the holonet not finding what she was looking for. As they re-entered the next hyperspace co-ordinates she stretched out with the force”¦ sensing Keiran's Force presence, doing a quick scan of the area, she reset the nav computer for Tatooine, punching the button that sent them back into hyperspace. Getting up she turned to Darex, motioning for him to join her in the living area of the ship.

”œOk Darex, time to test what you've learnt”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye turned to Darex...

"Ok, you pick our destination, I'm going for a shower and to get cleaned up. You're lucky you stayed with the ship, that Ob was disgusting"

With that, she got up and went to her wardrobe, taking out her blue and grey tunic and another dark blue and silver trimmed cloak. She headed into the refresher, distainfully getting out of her clothing and throwing them in to be cleaned also, before stepping under the shower.

Clean and dressed in fresh clothing she re-emerged and headed back to the cockpit, taking a cup of caffa in for both of them...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye was silent for a while after seeing his vision. It was very interesting. It showed the ever constant struggle between light and dark, and a battle of wills. To see herself as the focus for his dream had surprised her, as had seeing that all she cared about in danger or dead. But she wasn't Master Tares Padawan any longer, and Darex was now a padawan himself, her padawan, so maybe it was because he feared he wouldn't get trained, wouldn't be able to protect those he loved.

She accepted his feelings for her, it touched her. But she couldn't reciprocate his feelings there, even if she did care for him, she was still involved with Chen, and that was another thing she wanted to find out about, she'd never gotten to ask where she stood with him. Apart from finding out that he was a god who walked among them as a mortal from time to time, it was Chen the man that she wanted to know most about.

He had said he'd had the vision three times now. That was strange that it had occurred three times.

”œWhat do you think it is trying to tell you? What are your feelings about the vision?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 3 weeks later...