Space

Ary the Grey

Kerriwarr pondered the question, walking through the clusters of debris toward the vessels and following as Master Sarna shifted their trajectory, making for the transport bound to whatever destination awaited them. Truth be told, there was no simple answer to her question. The council of chieftains had made strides towards avoiding war, but the reasons were numerous. He hadn't known their tendency toward peace was outside of the norm, let alone an outlier of some sort. He responded, his gruff vocalizations reverberating off of the stone and rubble around them.

"There have been times whereupon we have called for war, and certainly the recent times have not been without their instances of aggression and toil, but as far as I've known, our better sensibilities have always prevailed." he said, reflecting upon the many meetings he had been honored to observe, "The council of chieftains, and our king, have long held Kashyyyk's peace as a high priority. Our trade is a large part of what sustains us. To enter into conflict, bereft of necessary preparations, regardless of how ravaged we become, stifles the potential of that trade. We prioritize our need, and keep our peace. We do not fight back, we endure and survive. As the Wroshyr do."

He paused a long moment, contemplating the quality of his response and deliberating over its representation of his people. Assured it was fair, he pressed on. He had his own curiosities, and sought to see them satisfied in due turn. As they boarded the ship, the transport teeming with sick and wounded combatants of the Sovereign, they found their way to a set of empty crates, seating themselves as the ship continued to make ready for departure.

"Master, I must admit, my induction has been rather swift. Master Silan's introduction to the Order was not exactly... formal, if I must admit. While I find no fault in her for this, and circumstances have certainly placed their demands upon all of us, I feel as though a more rigorous orientation might be of an order? If I may - and I mean not to overwhelm, considering the situation - I should like some correspondence on our destination, what my role is to be going forward as your protégé, and what your motivations are for taking me, both generally, and more specifically unto this path." he said, his elocuted speech more pronounced as matters turned to business.

• Like 1

image.png.1f5def309737548edb746c738f3720c3.png

• 1 month later...

Kerriwarr's gaze softened at Master Sarna's reaction, and he shook his head slightly at her self-deprication. He had meant no offense, nor intended to convey any entitlement to the knowledge he had requested. As she spoke of the state of the Order and its members, Kerriwarr could only offer a solemn nod. The Order, like his people, had suffered greatly, and this was not foreign to the Wookiee. His gaze met the same family, observing their prayer as he contemplated the circumstance of the Order he so newly joined.

"Forgive me, too, Master Sarna," he said with reverence, "I meant not to insinuate any feelings of contempt. I was only curious."

As he gazed upon the holoprojection, admiring its verdant and flaxen hues, the Wookiee was comforted to hear the nature of his first mission - restoration of a broken world. How appropriate, he thought. Nothing could be more suited for his current abilities, and such a peaceful environment would indubitably offer him a chance to learn and study the ways of the Jedi further.

"It shall be an honor to complete this task with you, Master Sarna, and any others that show themselves to us in the meanwhile," he said, bowing his head, "How may I best assist you in this?"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kerriwarr nodded his head, listening intently as she explained his purpose on their coming mission. It made sense - his acumen with the Force being what it was - that he had been chosen to accompany Master Sarna to restore the world to its former prosperity. He looked to his garb, examining the embroidered cloak and his robes, and great many pouches housing his herbs and fungi, leaves and poultices. He quite literally wore his expertise in such matters on his sleeve.

"I am grateful to be blessed with this opportunity to learn in a time and place of peace. I am eager to lend my aid to this task, and to learn from you, Master." he said forthrightly, adjusting one of the braided strands of hair cascading from his head as he continued, "For now though, I believe rest would be advisable. It has been a grueling time for you, I am sure."