Space

Ary the Grey

Sandy sat, adjusting her slightly too large helmet. The engines were pretty load since the earpeices were ill fitting, but she didn't mind. She couldn't expect others to stock child size helmets on their war fighters. So there she sat, staring into the swirling void of hyperspace, listening to the static of the comm and considering her cramped legs. Surely there is a force power for that? That would be a good one to learn....crap gotta think about being a slave now....shouldn't ignore my master's first lesson....

She closed her eyes and considered, slavery, the horrible happenings on Naboo, everything. Then out of the blue of hyperspace, in her minds eye, she was sitting on a plain, looking at Flynn and her Master. What the heck? Where am I? Some fantasy land with horseman and orcs? Nah. Looks like he is teaching something though...Am I dreaming? It sure felt like a dream. She glanced around the plain confused. "What is going on? I thought we are on a ship?"

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

This realm was an illusion? That was a shocker, she had been sitting on a ship then suddenly was in a random grassy land. But she wasn't complaining. It was better than being trapped in the claustrophobia of the small ship. She stretched her sore legs a bit and ran her hand through the tall grasses. Beautiful, this was, this would be the place to live. Far better than the shadows of the galaxy.

"I'll try my best to learn without this handicap.....Coruscant is still a long ways away."

She was a little scared, but learning things was what she was here for, so she was ready for whatever lesson her master and the mean jedi had to say and teach.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy shifted her weight so that she was sitting with her legs crossed, she closed her eyes and centred herself slightly. She attempted to calm her raging mind. Her thoughts abounded, she forced the thoughts from her mind and tried to bring balance to her mind. What the masters taught her back at the temple. Yet there was one problem, she never had been able to get the technique to work. And now she was supposed to concentrate and pull it off. She felt that her mind was relatively empty So she slowly opened her green eyes.

There stood a perfectly round rock with a little dot in its centre. She could feel her hopes plummet like a stone dropped from a Coruscant skyscraper. This was the jedi life? Surely it would be better than this in a few years. She understood the necessity of it, but her body and mind rebelled against it. She stared at the dot in silent frustration. She blinked once, twice, thrice. He eyes not wandering away from the dot. Her leg twitched. The natural energy reserves in a teenage girl were very high. Even if they had little sleep, and were excited. Her leg twitched again and her fingers shook slightly after a couple minutes of staring. Her mind was far from settled, and though her gaze did not wander her mind wandered here and there. From the force to the boys she knew at the temple. She blinked again and her hand trembled. Sandy's mind began to race on how to stop the nervous energy.

She could feel her eyes beginning to cross and she concentrated harder and harder. A bead of sweat trickled into her green eye. She blinked it a away furiously.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Her eyes still crossed on the rock, Sandy could hear her master get up slowly. What was going on? Did her master need to stretch? Why couldn't she stretch? Then it happened. A flash of light and a humm of a lightsabre. Sandy's muscles reacted rapidly as adrenaline took over, She fell backwards and scurried away with a scream. Dots and strange colours splashing around her eyes as she broke her concentration. She jumped to her feet and yelled an obscenity. Her hands balled into fists, she had done so well too, why did she do that?

"Why did you do that? I was doing my best to do the lesson!"

Calix Meus Inebrians

"Sorry Jedi Alluyen, I will be more careful next time, I promise."

Sandy shook out her tired legs, and sat again. This time she focused on breathing first, getting that under control, before she started on something else. Soon she was ready to focus again. She forced the thoughts from her mind and lay it empty. As the sounds of battle surrounded her. Focus on the rock... She focused on the dot, keeping her eyes closed, she imagined herself as the said dot. Yet again, her mind began to wander, and she fought to remain controlled.

((Sorry about the shortness of the post, I am really sick right now...))

Calix Meus Inebrians

And boom! After hours of hearing the blades whirl and Sandy sitting there concentrating, the illusion was over. She was tired. Concentrating took work, which she was not too fond of. But none the less, she was ready to continue her training. She opened her green eyes and yawned, perhaps a little louder than she had hoped to, but she still hadn't learned the proper technique on how to resist yawns. She covered her mouth with her hand and looked out the transparasteel viewport to the swirling plasma of hyperspace. Her mother used to say that when she looked out she was looking into the souls of those who died. Looking beyond the veil, and sometimes Sandy could swear she could see a face staring back. That always frightened her a bit, and was the source of a few of her nightmares. That would not be something she would tell her master, being chided for religious beliefs was not the way to spend a long voyage. Even if they were only an hour from Coruscant.

She glanced up and placed her hands over the earpieces on her helmet, still struggling with the too big helmet and the drone of the engines. "Yes Jedi Alluyen, the masters at the temple did teach basic meditation. I can commence on your orders"

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy forced herself to close her eyes, hyperspace was just so pretty to look at. Gazing into the rift was a lot of fun, especially when she couldn't hear the masters talking and or fussing...so she closed her eyes and forced all the thoughts from her mind. She opened her mind and just sat, open and slightly confused to the aura of the mighty force. Within her mind's eye a huge vast space opened in front of her, huge and awesome in power. Her eyes flickered and she perceived it, wholly light on one side, and wholly dark on the other, yet in the very centre, a patch of many colours. Her mind stretched for the centre, and she resisted herself. Surely there was a danger in that void, she could see beings on either side, most ignoring her, others silently beckoning for Sandy to join them. She maintained her focus and continued her silent walk of the void. Maybe it was all her imagination, or perhaps not. Her fleeting thoughts vanished as she saw a figure approaching, tall and courageous, flowing hair, surrounded by a white pallor of light, stretching from the fingertips and from the tips of his or her hair. She was mightily confused, here in the void, there couldn't be people...

Hello ma'am, welcome to the void, or the veil if you will. I am Eruaphadion and I am your guide.

You sure look like an angel or a demon even...by the force this can't be real!

This is in your mind, there is no doubt, with your master watching we cannot speak more, perhaps another time, I will make a deal with you, and you can be free...

The being departed, leaving Sandy to wander her mind, searching for the essence of the force that her master wished her to find, she was frustrated, and she opened her green eyes. She gazed around the cockpit again, and looked at Adenna, "I saw someone while I was meditating, is that normal whilst in hyperspace?"

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy nodded slowly and adjusted the too big helmet again, bringing the mic to bear in front of her thin lips. She closed her eyes to relive the moment, "I saw....I saw two sides, one light and one dark, arrayed against an expansive field and mountains. There were steep mountains covered in darkness, and the fields were shining with light." Sandy fidgeted and continued. "There were figures on both sides, all dressed in clothes and armour from seemingly across the ages." Sandy wiped her brow and scratched her forehead. "In the centre of the Light and dark there was a path, narrow yet filled with an array of colour. It was beautiful for sure. Yet I only looked at it for a second, for I looked at the figures again. Some of them were ... Beckoning to me, like asking me to join them. Then one come towards me, he was shrouded in light, so I couldn't really see his face, and he talked to me. He said 'I will make a deal with you for your freedom' or something like that. I was rather scared."

She looked to her master slightly concerned, was she going crazy?

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 4 months later...

With a sharp push the slavers shoved Ad'Goran into one of few uncrowded cells. Her hands were quickly secured by stiff chains to the dank steel wall. Her form lay there for some time, the only sounds coming from her gentle breathing, and the stifled sobs of the only other person in the cell. A young girl of maybe fourteen, secured in much the same way, her clothes tattered. And her white freckled skin botched with blood from the earlier carving. She was Sandy Senya, a Jedi Padawan. Who was feeling very scared, and confused. Her heart pounding away, attempting to stifle her sons of pain and grief. Tears slowly rolling down her pale cheeks. Whatever they had chained here was no doubt dangerous. She attempted to scoot as far away from the person as she could.

Whenever Ad'Goran would awaken, the only sounds she would hear was the distant humming of the hyperdrive. And the muffled sounds of crying.

Calix Meus Inebrians

The being awoke with a scream of agony mixed with an uncouth language. A strange mix of syllables that sounded like it was created in the mind of a single obsessed book writer. Sandy shrieked in fright, trying to bury her face into her arms that were chained above her head. She shook, her body trembling whilst her mind struggled to regain control. The pain in her shoulder and body was unbearable. With every sob, the wound in her back opened more. Tearing the already shredded flesh. Ripping pain receptors asunder, and causing more blood to soak her already sopping, torn under-tunic.

The rattling of the creature against its chains was frightening when you could barely see. There was no natural light, save what filtered through the cracks in the door, and the dim glow of the doors control panel. The flickering lights contrasting sharply against the dark chains and the putrid floor.

Sandy dared a glance, and their eyes locked. Both a various shade of green. Reflecting the dim light. When their eyes lock, the creature let out another bellow in the uncouth tongue. Seeming to grow in shape, a dark shadow looming in the dim room. Then, the shadow became a form of a woman, much older than Sandy, yet not past her prime. Her exact features, Sandy could not determine. But the very fact that she appeared to be another human made Sandy's heart jump against the shadows of despair. Then she spoke some real words! Something that she understand. Or at least some words that Sandy understood, but was not allowed to utter in the presence of her master.

Sandy struggled against her chains and extended one of her thin hands. A touch was all she needed, something to grasp onto, to be comforted against the raging storm of fear.

Her voice cracked with pain, "I'm scared..."

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy squeezed the woman's hand and let a sigh of relief escape her exhausted form. She just wanted to curl up and fall into a dreamless sleep, however that was impossible with chains on, so she kept in a sitting position, struggling to control her emotions. Her eyes met the woman's again. She looked sort of confused, "Would the first low of being a POW be fight until your dead, and never get captured at all?" She let out a hallow laugh. Then let out a shriek of pain from her back. She whispered a few very mild swears then met the woman's gaze.

"So how did they get you?"

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy nodded solemnly, the very movement causing tendrils of pain to shoot from her back. "My name is Sandy Senya, I am fourteen, my master's name was Adenna. She was always nice....I miss her so much..." Sandy could feel tears begin to well up again, but she was too exhausted to even cry. Her body shook from the pain, but she knew she had to try to help herself. Healing, the art that had been taught to her by her master. She let her green eyes flicker closed, then concentrated, seeing past the pain, deadening the nerves, and releasing a fresh feeling of rejuvenation and life throughout her body. Her tired muscles calmed, and her mind relaxed, even the slow leak of blood down her back ebbed.

She squeezed Mirlada's hand, and sent the same force rejuvenation through their grasp, if Sandy had any luck at all left, it should help the woman. She glanced up when she finished. For harsh and uncouth voices could be heard from outside the door.

Calix Meus Inebrians

As the horrendous ordeal occured to what seemed like her only friend in the world, Sandy sat, and meditated. Rejuvenating her shattered shoulder, luckily they had not touched her in any other way as of yet. Though no doubt it was to happen soon. She flexed her thin wrists, now free to move as she would like to. Thanks to the careless blaster fire of the slavers. That poor poor woman, no doubt she would be changed forever from the experience. Sandy said a prayer for her. Not praying to the force as some of the other padawans did, but to the one thing that remained from her distant parent's influence. Her God, her faith. For all she hoped, she doubted the prayer would do any good. She needed to escape, to fight back.

She gathered one of the lengths of chain into her thin arms and crouched, hiding it. It would be perfect to strangle the next guard with. She smiled wickedly as she heard the general alert siren. A gentle tone, indicating the exit from hyperspace within the coming hour. The moment of doom was soon to grace the putrid floors of the cell. There was one last chance, and she would take it. She had faith.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 4 weeks later...

Sandy sat, unchained, beaten, bruised, and broken. She cried softly, her bony knees pressed against her eye sockets. Curled up into a ball, crying and attempting to reach into the force for strength. Yet it did not avail her. So instead she cried, and sobbed, and tried to ignore the screaming nerves in her back and body. She looked up when her friend was tossed in, limp and deathly. Sandy scrambled over to her in the dark, relying on her aura to guide her. It was strange, she didn't seem to have one before. But now she did. And she also seemed close to death, and she seemed dark...evil in a way. But she was the only one that had cared for her, and Sandy had to help.

So, with great effort, Sandy ignored her own wounds ad pain, and concentrated upon her friend. Sending calming forces into her, concentrating on the cells that had been shocked and cut, healing slowly but surely. Sandy remained crouched over her friend. He long blonde hair messed and dirty, blood dripping slowly from her head and other places on her body. She coughed hollowly and then concentrated upon the bindings, moving the tumblers in various configurations until finally one by one they clicked into place. With a ”˜thunk' they fell away.

Soon the ship would arrive at Tatooine.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy shifted her weight slightly and pulled her thin knees to cover her chest. She looked over her bare shoulder, and recognized the foul wound. Thin tendrils of red had spread from the wound, down the back and across her thin chest. She grimaced. And pulled her blonde hair back away from her chest and back, and sighed. ”œI am such a wreck.....

Calix Meus Inebrians

Ohhhhhh well that joke didn't go over very well.

And it really didn't, but the woman seemed to follow her directions none-the-less. Sandy also tried to listen to the woman as she spoke her uncouth language, but eventually the woman tried to do what she had told her. She was good too! It was amazing what a little instruction and the work ethic of old people did.

The red coloured lines receded above her chest. Finally stopping at her shoulder. The woman was focused, but Sandy could feel a sharp entity beneath her calm appearance. Anger burned deep, only relieved by the feelings of calm that the woman was getting off her memories. The woman looked exhausted, And Sandy felt a little better. Her fever still raged, and the cough was still there, but she seemed out of death's door for the moment.

She repeated the word, ”œAdika?

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 5 years later...

The darkness of space was always disconcerting at first. While in the hyperspace tunnel no exact star was visible, nor were any lost and lonely planets they might whiz by at beyond light speed. All they could see was the whirling blue of the tunnel, every so often interrupted by a black or white smudge that could be anything from a star to a ghost of a long lost Katana Fleet. Before her father had died, he used to tell stories of his exploration trips into the unkown regions. his grand and exaggerated tales had always lef her wishing she would grow up to be an explorer herself. But instead she was now well on the path to becoming a Jedi. Weird, how fate twisted a life to a certain path.

She regarded the Avian and smiled distantly, “my Master was Adenna. SHe was a powerful Jedi. Not anywhere near a naturalist, but she did like me quite a bit….Until I died.”

Her frown overcame the smile and she looked back to the viewport,

“Who was your master?”

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy looked sad, her chin falling to her shallow chest. She looked distantly off into the void of hyperspace and when she spoke her voice was distant and forlorn.

"I was killed by the Sith Lord Ar-Pharazon. He grasped me by the head and shattered me in the corridor of the CoreSec building."

She rubbed the scars on her head, vaguely in the shape of a handprint

"I do not know what happened to him after that. I know that I did not awake for many years afterwards, my master and friends long gone. To tell the truth I did not even know about cloning until I was back to the galaxy of the living."

She smiled to the avian, "Have you died before?"

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy laughed at the flower sprouting beautifully from the jar. She loved this naturalism that the avian was showing so masterfully. What good a Jedi like that could do. Restore worlds long destroyed by fire. Sandy smiled to herself at the thought of worlds infamously destroyed such as Endor possibly restored to their former glory. She had never even thought about such possibilities as a Jedi Knight.

She ran her pale hand through her blond hair as she studied the intricacies in the flower. The petals in their beautiful delicate grace, it reminded her of the flowers that used too grow in the gardens at Tython. Her eyes drifted closed for a second as she thought about the feeling of that flagstone bath beneath her bare feet. Running through the gardens in pursuit of another prankful apprentice. Had it been little Darkfire? She couldn't remember. All those memories seemed like so long ago.

She took the flower and tucked it behind her right ear. A grin came to her face as the hyperspace alarm began to beep, signalling only a few minutes until drop out.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 2 months later...

Sandy sat with her bony knees tucked under her, leaning back on her heels. She flinched slightly watching Adenna cut her palm. Though a practical injury to initially deal with, it was a costly one if Sandy failed. Sandy resisted the urge to grasp as Adenna’s hand and stop the bleeding with the normal pressure and elevation techniques she had learned at the temple’s basic first aid courses. SHe let her held in breath slowly exhale through her thin lips and fell into the force. The force flooded her every sense and she caught hold of her own sphere of presence. Slowly she extended it into sphere that touched her master's force presence. It was an unnaturally intimate thing. Sandy knew that if she tried she could delve into secrets and senses usually forbidden but she instead let the spheres merge completely and with the force touched into Adenna. She could sense the pain from the cut and could sense the burning sensation that came from a deep cut as the body rushed to send clotting material to the location.

Sandy could feel the cut, and concentrated on the cells and tissues. Torn and bleeding, Sandy used the force to slowly speed up the natural healing mechanisms. Firse concentrating on the clotting, she gathered the platelets and proteins into the cut vessels, initially sealing off the profuse bleeding within a minute but she was stuck at sealing the wound completely. She pushed back the sense of insecurity and failure that boiled up and sunk back into the force. She knew that her master would guide her through the next step of the process.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 5 months later...

As the long hours ticked down between their microjumps, Sandy sat. Quiet and meditating off and on, analysing the back and forth of her last duel with her master. The blood spikes had been too much, especially for such a friendly bout, but they would come in useful the next time she faced down monsters like on Thalassia. She let herself imagine a large blood spike piercing the head of that Togorian slaver and a grin spread across her face. Next time. She bolted awake as the alarm rang for the 10 second countdown and looked at her master as she slowly depressed the lever, pulling them into realspace on the edge of the Lesser Lantillian Route, which would swiftly bring them to the planet Onderon. It had already been ten hours aboard ships, but with meditation to calm tired muscles she didn’t feel all that bad. But she worried about what they would find on Onderon, they would likely be far too late.

She looked at her master who was awake and looking at her, “What do you think we will find there master?”

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy’s slim fingers brushed the battered silver hilt that hung on her belt alongside the medical kit on her right side. They were less than an hour out from their destination and the fleet was beginning to assemble. JSS Griphook materialized against the harsh starlight of the Galactic Core. Its large corvette design and jet black paintjob left it a dark outline against that mass of stars. She was the last of the ships of the scattered Jedi Fleet that would be joining them on the final leg of the journey. Sandy felt a slight tremor of nerves race down her spine as the joint task force began its approach vector to the green jewel of Japrael. Onderon. The Planet and its twin moon Dxun were close enough in orbit that it was said that you could even take an airspeeder from on to the other. Sandy doubted any of the claims that she had read back on Gala about galactic voyages. Right now it had mostly been sitting and flying a shuttle while her master worked his secret shady adventures. The secrecy of it all left her wanting to burst in frustration. When she spoke the scars on her face and arms glared red as they filled with an embarrassed blush. A faint hand print appearing in her scalp line, and long jagged scars across the rest of her pale, freckled body. She tried to reign in the frustration but she knew it leaked through.

“I hate this secrecy we carry Master, It cannot be good. If what we are doing is right and good we need not carry it in secret, secrets lead to the darkside…” She could hear Adennas voice in her own, filled with righteous indignation … “Why do you operate outside the purview of the Jedi Council?” She hoped that he would not be mad at the question.

She cleared her throat as the stars stretched into lines, “If we find Faust, we might need more than a few jedi corvettes…”

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy’s eyes narrowed until they were emerald slits.

“The Jedi Council is being proactive master, we are out here trying to save one of its masters, Skye Organa, we should be boldly and aggressively working with them.” Her face flushed a bit more, the hand shaped scar along her scalp darkened with a flash of irritation. “You didn’t answer my question Master, I asked why we are acting in the shadows. Grand Master Kirlocca is actively working against the Sith by helping the Remnant, why do we not work with him?”

She frowned at his mention of the old Imperial Emperor, a man that the current Imp head of state had served under, but one that she was nothing like. “Don’t leave me to my thoughts master, that's not a healthy relationship.” She laughed softly as she depressed the hyperspace lever and sent them on their final leg of their journey, the Jedi Ships following. As the stars turned into the swirling mass of hyperspace she shrugged. "I guess we will talk about it later then..."

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy shrugged her shoulder, admitting defeat. “I don’t know master, I was referring to all these secret people like the Chiss and Catnip that you work with, I know you aren’t disobeying orders from Kirlocca, I just am scared I guess.” She flushed again from embarrassment at the admittal. He wiped her brow with the back of her sleeve and watched the hyperspace countdown on their shuttle’s readout. They were not long out now. She could feel the icy fear of apprehension snaking up her spine and she tapped into the force to calm it down. She reached out her hand and touched the Kiffar’s upper arm.

“Sorry for doubting you master, I shouldn’t do that.”

She sighed deeply and shook her head, the pale blonde hair whipped back and forth behind her back and she reached for the hyperspace lever.

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy slowly slid down in her seat as the first microjump ticked down, the fright of the Sith armada had passed but now had left her feeling utterly defeated. The CoreSec forces and Jedi Master Skye were no completely at the mercy of the Sith, and knowing their reputation they would probably end up executed on the holonet. She had never met Skye Organa, but she had seen her at a distance at the Galan academy back when she was still a child. The idea of her at the mercy of Faust and the Sith Lords made her feel like breaking down in tears. She breathed deeply a few times and frustratedly wiped the welling tears from her eyes. It wasn’t Vos’s fault that they had to retreat, there was no reason to commit a thousand people to death in the sucking void of space to rescue one jedi master. This wasn’t Geonosis. Yet it felt utterly defeating. As the stars whipped by in rapid succession she brought her arms around her knees and pulled them up to her face, resting the soles of her boots on the firm jumpseat. She buried her eye sockets against her knees and was glad that she was in the seat behind her master so he couldn’t see her tears. It was so frustrating to have failed the first mission they had been sent on as a team.

Don’t get down like that, we will get through this. The voice, while it was internal was assuredly from the past, after Thalassia, from the only person Sandy considered to be a mother figure. The Iron Knight from Mandalore. Mirdala.

She mentally kicked herself for getting overwhelmed again. She had swon not to do this again. She pulled herself up in her chair running her hands through her hair until she finally spoke back to her master. “Don’t worry master, we will strike back soon, and swiftly. We must let the Grand Master and the rest of the council know of the situation after the next microjump.”

Calix Meus Inebrians

As the third timer for the microjump ticked down to zero, Sandy slowly pulled back the lever, making sure to cross off each Jedi Fleet vessel as they exited hyperspace. There were a little over a thousand souls between the three large vessels. She gestured to the scattered fleet with a sweep of her arm and answered his rhetorical question, “I understood the tactical reasoning for it master, our ships were not equipped for anti starfighter, we would simply have been ripped to pieces and thousands would have died for a single Jedi Master. Even the council would surely understand that right? We won’t get in trouble for abandoning our mission right?”

Would they be expelled for failing? This wasn’t the old Empire, Tobias and her wouldn’t be executed for failing rescuing Skye. But she couldn’t help but be frightened by the prospect of reporting to the council that they failed. Maybe they would strip Vos of his apprentice as punishment? No but she suspected this apprenticeship was punishment enough for the man.

Nope not going there. No depression today.

She shook her head and finished the calculations for the next jump.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Sandy frowned at his having noticed her frustration and fear earlier but answered in turn. “I felt a bit overwhelmed Master, I could feel that preying hunger from the Sith almost as soon as they arrived in the system, it touched me in a way I haven’t felt since…” She sighed sadly and hugged her knees to her thin chest, “Since a little after Thalassia, the feeling was the same, that lustful hunger in the force, it frightened me. And what’s worse we couldn’t do anything to stop them, it would have been suicide to try but now we look like failures to the Jedi Council. What will they say to us?”

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 1 month later...

Meditation had never been her strong suite, the fear of touching that howling darkness had always been there when she had calmed down long enough to try to meditate. Usually some jedi would recite the code as a mantra to help them enter a state of meditation, but Sandy just sat down with her legs underneath her on the dirty floor of the mechanics shop of the YT-2000. The freighter, while manned, was not overly loud, the other two jedi on board seemed to keep themselves quiet. Unless they were...Sandy didn't want to think about that. Every so often, the ship would tremor from a near miss of solar wind or stars. Distantly she could feel a mix of emotions from the other Jedi on board, and could feel their conversation, but she knew that was all too distracting. Slowly she filtered that noise out, reaching into her core to find the balance that she had felt only a little while before. That peace, love, and pure force high would be something that she would be chasing the rest of her life. Likely with mixed results. But she knew that is was better to know and have felt it then to be forever wandering in search of an intangible ‘light side.’ She had a goal, and she would find it. Someday.

Her breathing slowed to a crawl as she sat cross legged on the cold durasteel, the chipped white painted surface seeping away at the warmth of her bare feet and legs. She lay Fynn Relmis’s lightsaber in front of her and concentrated on it. One by one the retention screws pulled out of the handle and the device fell into its separate chunks. The emitter, crystal, battery, housing, buttons, and power assembly laying exposed against the white background. As she concentrated on the force and feeling its fleeting will, she cleaned the housing thoroughly, wiping away grease from decades of use. When she wiped away the first layer of grime she could feel a distant darkness at her fingertips. The ghosts of the past lay in that handle. She touched them with the force, and saw atrocities unnumbered in a blink of an eye. She didn’t turn away, instead confronted the memories in the handle, instilled by its former master, and banished them. Slowly she let the lightside of the force use her as a conduit to clean the darkness away like she had wiped away the physical grease from before. It took a great deal of effort to scourge every bit of the saber of that shadowy darkness. Burning it away like a plasma torch through diseased flesh. The crystal itself was bound to its old master so tightly that she had to discard it entirely. She cracked it with a push of telekinesis, and let it crumble away to dust between her palms. Forever gone was that Jedi. And sadly, the galaxy would be far better for it.

She blew the dust away with a slow exhale through pursed lips and then began the process of finding another crystal. While still in meditation Sandy summoned a Fusion furnace from its harness below the hyperdrive and lay it down in front of her. Igniting it, she began to focus on the fusion mass that was contained in the core and drawing heavily on the force, she began to manipulate it. Manipulation was not a natural Jedi talent, so she worked without changing. Using the natural combination of elements within the core she willed them to form in natural patterns along the walls of the cylinder. A process that was known as crystalling that was the bane of most fusion mechanics. As the little radioactive crystals began to form from the gas, she filled the little furnace with the light side of the force. Bleaching it with light and love.

Many hours later, she held a white crystal in her pale hand. It was not a pure crystal by any means, though no longer radioactive, the effect of the lanthanum isotopes inside the furnace had left the crystal imperfect, jagged, but lovely. Just like her. There was no darkness, no voices, no terror left.

She assembled the lightsaber and with whispered prayers the blade emerged with a flick of the main switch. A pure glowing white. Not a Durindfire silver, but a beautiful flowing white. She deactivated it and pulling slightly on the force to be able to unstiffen her howling legs, she went to find her fellow knight, Adenna.

Calix Meus Inebrians

The cold metal of the ships’s deck felt majestic to feet that were nearly always kept in the confines of boots. As she padded through the twisting hallways of the YT-2000, past the gunnery emplacements in their recessed laddered wells, and finally to the master suite. She knew it would be best to knock first, especially if they were in healing trances so she extended her presence into the room and felt their joy echoing through the metal room. Happiness from Vos? How strange but wonderful! She didn’t know and slapped the entry button, whisking open the unlocked door and stepped in with a gri-

Oh

Oh shite

She looked down at the floor scattered with clothing and backed out of the room using the force to close it behind her. Leaving them to their now uninterrupted passions. That would be an awkward conversation later on. She wrinkled her nose and let out a giggle. Good for them.

The hyperdrive alarm beeped loudly from the abandoned cockpit and gave her the perfect excuse to run away from the situation.

((To Kashyyyyyyyyk))

Calix Meus Inebrians

• 4 weeks later...

Sandy slowly stood up from the landing ramp as the The Sanctis Cogitatione and realized from the look of the stormtroopers in their grey and blue armour that she probably should have said something instead of obviously misinterpreting a wave from Kyrie as a beckoning to board a ship.

Whoops

Especially those grey cerakote dusted E-22 reciprocating rifles that were pointed down at her diminutive form. She raised her hands in mock surrender.

“Hey guys I just came to follow Kyrie and the others to help out with the operation. Not trying to assassinate anyone I swear.”

She extended her hand to one of the stormtroopers, her Low Galan accent likely grating on them even through their voice filters, “I'm Jedi Knight Sarna at your service. And I certainly hope I didn’t just make a diplomatic incident. If you could take me to your General instead of blasting me that would be great. Or if you do blast me don’t shoot me in the face, it's already scarred up enough thanks.”

There I go running my mouth again. Kriff

Calix Meus Inebrians