Space

Ary the Grey

As the Jade Scorpion and Master Nom's ship came out of hyperspace in the void of space, Scorpio looked around. It was a beautiful sight for Scorpio, to see space and all its wonders. Scorpio had grew to like space travel, because being on just one planet for your entire life was just crazy talk, to see the universe and all it's wonders, is what makes life worth living.

Scorpio sent out a comm requesting their destination to Master Nom, then put his ship on autopilot and went to meditate while he waited for Master Nom's reply. But because of HK & R2's arguments, he couldn't meditate long. Scorpio laughed and returned to the cockpit, and waited there for Master Nom's reply. As soon as he was to get it, he would follow Master Nom to their destination.

(edited for incorrect spellings)

Edited by Guest

Just as Scorpio sat down at the console , he looked over to Master Nom's ship, which oldly enough had vanished. But only after leaving a message to meet him at Ilum.

Scorpio typed in the destination into his Nav. Computer, and kicked in hyperspace and was off like a blaster shot toward his new destination.

Shortly after entering hyperspace after previously leaving Ilum, Scorpio placed the Jade Scorpion on to autopilot following very closly behind Master Nom's ship. He then walked into the cargo hold of his ship. Since Master Nom had no knowledge of the double bladed lightsaber, he instructed Scorpio to practice it's form during hyperspace travel.

As Scorpio stood there, HK & R2 gathered around to watch Scorpio try out his new lightsaber. HK looked like he very much wanted Scorpio to decapated a limb, and R2 sqawked in a warning. Scorpio unclipped the white & gold lightsaber from his hip, and flipped it on. The red headed jedi apprentiance stood there as two crimson blades shot out of the hilt.

Scorpio twirled the blade around him, and then above his head, getting the feel of the new lightsaber. Then he sprung foreward, letting the blade slash left and right. Scorpio then using the force, spun the blade around in a rythmatic dance. Scorpio thought to himself, " Not bad if I do say so myself", and took it to the next level. HK started rooting for Scorpio, and little old R2 kept the warnings coming.

Scorpio then took the lightsaber to arobatic styles, using the force to backflip and strike, then jumped into a roll and struck. This arobatic dance of red , white, and gold, went on for about two hours in hyperspace travel before his ship alerted he was near Haruun Kal. Scorpio quickly flipped it off and clipped the lightsaber to his hip, then ran to his controls.

Once into hyperspace, even among the white lines of hyperspace, the two ships looked like lines themselves. Both ships were plotted for the Manaan, since the EV could no longer be found on either's navigational computers.

Remembering the grave face Master Nom had given Scorpio when the alert had went off, Scorpio knew that somehow the EV must be in trouble. Plotted toward Manaan at full speed, Scorpio switched his autopilot on. Knowing that his first fierce battle might soon lay ahead, Scorpio took the time to get even more aquainted with his new lightsaber.

Using the Force, Scorpio danced around the hull of his ship. Using force speed and force jump, Scorpio raised his knowledge of the duel lightsaber very high for a jedi Apprentiance. Scorpio jumped foreward, backwards, and side to side gracefully slashing all that HK threw at him. He had ealier asked HK to fire non lethal blaster shot at him before he started this excercise.

Just then, His computer went off alerting the were finally there at Manaan. Scorpio ran to his controls and exited hyperspace. Scorpio could feel it through the force that something was definitly wrong here.

• 1 month later...

As a HLAF-500 StarFighter came barreling through hyperspace, Scorpio continued to smoke his cigar. Puff after puff, he inhaled the smoke, relaxing for the battle ahead, the force flowing through him like a raging river. He thought for a moment, and decided to name his ship. He cristened his new ship "The Force's Spirit". He then turned and taking a drag off his cigar, looked ahead.

When he was previously on Haruun Kal, he had faced the one known as Piccolo, and it seems he would have to again. He could feel his Master's every move on Piccolo, and knew his Master faced the same outcome unless Scorpio could get there in time to help.

Both of his new lightsabers were clipped onto his hips, the vibroaxe was also clipped onto his hip, and the two vibroswords were sheathed in a "x" form onto his back. He was soon alerted that he had arrived into Haruun Kal airspace, and he exited hyperspace, putting out the cigar, and getting ready for battle.

((Continued in the Haruun Kal Thread))

Scorpio came barreling through hyperspace in the LAF-250 starfighter. He wasn't quite sure where he was headed, so he decided to search for his Master using the force, and hoping their bond was strong enough. He started to feel his master's presence, although it wasn't strong. Scorpio concentrated harder.

This time it came through just strong enough to know he was among other Jedi. "Good" Scorpio thought, "Atleast he's alive and well." Scorpio concentrated even harder. Finally, as if by luck, he came within range to the planet Nom was on, and he felt it.

"Ossus......"

With that, Scorpio exited hyperspace, and entered Ossus's region.

• 2 weeks later...

As Scorpio and Master Nom exited Ossus's orbit and into hyperspace, Scorpio had great feelings to have his Master by his side again. Scorpio pondered on his training, which he soon hoped would recommence. And he pondered on his sister, who he hoped he would find soon. Scorpio gripped the two in one orange bladed lightsaber, and ran his fingers across his father's name which was imbedded in the lightsaber's hilt. Now that he knew he didn't kill all he thought he had killed, a brief weight was lifted off his shoulders.

As he kept looking forward into space, watching the planet's zoom by like lightsaber blades igniting, they barreled through hyperspace to Gala. Scorpio turned to his Master and spoke.... "You wanted to speak to me about something, Master?"

Scorpio's gut churned when Master Nom mentioned the anger. He hadn't wanted to admit it out of fear of exile, even before he was knighted, but he wouldn't lie to his Master either. "It's been happening ever since my battle with Yue," Scorpio said as he lowered his head in shame. He lifted his head back up, placing one of his hands on his chin, and spoke again. "It must have happened when he cut my voice off, and each time it's the same. It's like a burning pit deep in my stomach." Scorpio grew quiet, afraid to go on.

After a few odd moments of silence, Scorpio grew enough courage to finish. "And each time it's stronger, almost completely taking over me." He gazed out the cockpit window, wondering how he would say what he had to say next. Then, with a low hoarce sounding tone, Scorpio continued, "And in battle, even though i am stronger in my fighting skills, i'm not actually me." Scorpio turned back to the front of the ship, stareing straight ahead, wondering, worrying about what Master Nom would say or do, and spoke once more. "I feel split in two."

"Does this always occur when you are fighting, do you have any control over it?" asked Master Nom, and Scorpio politely replied, "No, and yes. This doesn't occur outside of fighting only because i'm fighting it constantly. So yes, i do have a degree of control."

Scorpio still lingered on his answers, for he feared exile more than anything, but he felt he still needed to be honest. Scorpio took a deep hesitant sigh, cleared his throat and began to speak again. "I've used to force, searching for it's exact location, but only found it's local area. Yue hit me at my greatest weakness. He corrputed my heart. But he also underestimated the power of one's heart. Hence my subtle control over it."

Scorpio hung his head in disappointment, thinking only of his exile, but still ready to take whatever punishment Nom deemed acceptable. He spoke, raising his head just a bit, "Before you sentence my punishment Master, look through the force at me. See the blue and red aura storm brewing inside me? The light and the dark are raging war for me, and as long as i breath, i will always fight for the light." Scorpio turned back to the controls, looking over at the LAF's small nav computer noticing they were just a few minutes from Gala. He turned back to Master Nom and spoke, "We're drawing near to Gala, Master."

"Yes Master", said Scorpio as he turned back to the console typing in Gala's coordinance into the nav computer. "We have a problem that transends any possible punishment that I could pass." Scorpio pondered on the words of his Master and became worried. What had Yue did to Scorpio? , What evil had become of that fight with Yue? , What had Scorpio done?, all questions that came across Scorpio's mind.

"Right now we need to contain a possible evil that might escape from you." Scorpio pondered as well on these words. As Scorpio pondered them, he became inraged by the thought. "Yue will pay for my falling.", Scorpio said to himself.Within a few moments, the LAF 250 came out of hyperspace above Gala.

((Continued in the Gala thread))

• 1 year later...

It had been months since Scorpio's disappearance, too many to count as Anakin ran through the galaxy, raping... pillaging... murdering, all to please the dark urges that ran coursing through his unnaturally existing soul. But as all things existing, so will everything cease. Aboard the stolen death filled YV-666 freighter, upon it's small bridge did something awake from it's slumber. For like Anakin before him, it was only a matter of time before Scorpio would break free from his prison to take control of what was once his..... the body the two share.

War was declared the moment his presence fluttered, the life force of the once Jedi Knight beginning to beat it's heartrated rhythm as his life returned. Blue began to mix and swirl with red as the two souls fought fiercely for their freedom, the outcome becoming a bleak future for both as each moment passed. Scorpio, who fought for what he felt was rightfully his, though naturally weaker, stood strongly against his darker self within. And Anakin, who felt he held the right for his own existance, fought Scorpio furiously in his own right. Neither would fold before the other.

"You can not hope to defeat me, Scorpio." Anakin spoke, his words though holding truth within them, falling upon the selective hearing of his lighter half.

"Maybe for now, Anakin. But once i regain control, it will only be a matter of time." Scorpio replied as his soul's grip began to falter. But still he held on, searching for Anakin's one mistake. For should he find it and regain his control over his body, he had friends who could help him destroy the evil within him forever.

Scorpio's body sat upon the bridge almost lifeless as the internal war within it raged on, two souls locked in what some would see as an eternal war with one's self. But no, this war was just as the others have always been fought in the name of.... freedom and the right to exist. But little could they even envision which that their future held for them. As Tatooine final drew close upon the horizon, little did they know the balance that would hang in their wake.

But as the YV-666 Frieghter exited hyperspace, both souls fell quiet and the battle stop. For as they drew near, something was lacking within the force.... the presence of their homeworld, Tatooine.

• 12 years later...

To be honest, Mjan was taken aback by Beth's outburst. He wasn't sure how the Empire did things, but during his time training under Aira and as short life a pilot, this has been everything he knew. Even after the Battle of Dark Sun Station, Captain Rose always slept alone, usually in her fighter.

"Its not that we segregate Commander." Mjan spoke, his gaze shifting to young Nia briefly before turning back to Beth. "As a Jedi, we must separate ourselves from any and all attachments. There is a strong bond formed between Master and Padawan, and given the case with Nia and myself, it could be develop into mixed feelings for either of us. So the Order suggests separate quarters."

That, and in truth, with Nia being his first Padawan and her level of innocence, he felt it best to allow her to have some privacy. He didnt want or need her distracted during training with worries of it being invaded. In this regard, he planned to bunk with his fellow male compatriots while allowing Beth and Nia the comforts of an all female refresher. Thankfully, when they arrived aboard the Maelstrom, Mjan was relieved that the higher-ups had thought of this beforehand, actually segregating the crew in general.

"Forgive me Beth. I meant no disrespect nor insinuation..." Mjan began to speak, hoping to calm the young Commander down despite Captain Rose' gossip mill. "Although my Captain surely would." A hand slapped the back of his head as Captain Rose passed by and heard what he said, a glare of death being recieved by Mjan as her gaze pierced his soul. "I was merely requesting to respect our general differences during moments of privacy."

Not sure if his words had done any good to quell Beth, Mjan turned to Nia. "Join the others in your section of the Barracks and meet me in the Hangar Bay once you've settled in. I'll meet you there around 0300 and we'll talk more." Turning back to Beth, Mjan extended the invitation. "You're welcome to join as well Beth. I may need your insight, or you can just watch to pass the time." And with that Mjan excused himself as Nia and Beth went toward their opposing barracks.

It wouldnt take long. Mjan rarely carried anything but what he needed, so there was no need for unpacking. But he did take the few minutes to hit the refresher, his robes full fuel oders and sweat. Once he finished, he threw on a fresh change of clothes and headed toward the Hangar Bay, arriving just a few moments before the intended meeting time. Taking the spare time, Mjan walked about and examined its interior, asking questions about a simulator being aboard.

Mjan sat in near total silence at the edge of the hangar bay, staring out into the vast emptiness of space, his mind wandering across a vast assortment of subjects. Part of him ached for his own Master's guidance, wondering where she had disappeared to in the far off reaches. He couldn't even grasp the emotions that Beth had let roll off her form, let alone fathom the events that led to such a outlook. Yet Mjan himself was still naive. It seemed like just yesterday was the day he was taken in as a Jedi Padawan himself, the only world he ever knew being left behind to understand the truth of the unified Force, his leaving to join the Jedi sealing his fate among his kin, his father included.

Grabbing a lose screw he found near his sitting, he tossed it across from him, watching the flickering of blue as it clashed with the hangar's atmospheric shielding. He was truly at a loss. He thought across the flashes that Beth had given off, her life unlike his own where he had been sheltered and raised by a community of like minded individuals, hidden among their own kind as members of the Tsis to hide away their heretical beliefs. His leaving was the hardest thing he ever faced, and it only ended with his disowning. He could fathom her own strife. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

There was truth in her words, he would admit. He was a Jedi, and as such, carried the weight of being a role model more than most of the seasoned veterans that were about. But the Jedi that Beth had spoken of was before his time, or weren't even of his knowledge. The Jedi he had been trained to be was one of balance, understanding and fierce. He was trained to walk the fine line between the dark and the light, a vigilant for the meek and helpless. Not one to stand idly by while innocents suffered. This much he did know. But to think Jedi capable of being anything other, well, it pitted a knot within his stomach.

Mjan knew he would have to prove himself, not only due to his Sithly lineage, but because of the past transgressions. Yet, at the same time, he knew he also needed to set himself as an example for those to see and follow behind. That was one of his purposes. But the question was how? At times, he could be as timid as young Nia. Other times, the darkness that his ilk embraced could flare like wildfire. So how was he to balance those around him if he couldn't even balance himself? Placing his stave across his lap, Mjan closed his eyes and delved himself into the Force, searching for an answer within himself. And he would stay this way until Nia and Beth arrived.

"Forgive my ignorance Commander Andromina." He spoke when the two arrived. "For a Jedi, we can sometimes get lost in a world of light and dark, incapable of seeing past the two distinctions. It's not that we distance ourselves from others, or at least in my case it's not my intent. But we live by the will of the Force, and attachments can sometimes be used against us. As a pilot, my loyalty stands with my squadmates. But as a Jedi, it stands alone beside the Force and its will, often seen as uncaring and heartless. But it's because of who we are that we are forced to walk such a fine line between the two aspects, one singular mistake costing us not only thousands of lives, but places us on a path that could claim billions more."

Mjan sighed, hoping his words didnt incite more anger from the small woman as he searched his heart for the right words before he settled on a simple explaination. "Say I was to grow a deep attachment to you, find myself seeing you like a sister... or even deeper, as a lover. And picture I was to feel harm coming to you through both the Force and my emotions. Naturally, I would want your safety, and rush off to your aid rather than sticking to my assigned position. It could very well cost us the mission, and likely lives. And if you were to die and anger began to take root within me, I could easily fall to the darkside and through its corruption, become the very thing we fought to protect against."

Mjan stood up, a smile adorning his face. "Its not to say that we can't be friends or even close like siblings. But we also have to understand the nature of ourselves. Especially those like myself and Nia whom use the Force. We are more susceptible to our emotions due to the power we possess and weild in battle." Mjan scratched at the back of his head with a awkward chuckle. "Are you beginning to understand what I meant? I hope I'm explaining this correctly."

• 3 weeks later...

Mjan gazed softly at Nia as she poised her question, the realization of his words upon her own situation causing him to feel remorse and regret for even having brought it up in the first place. But now that he had, there was no turning back. He smiled a soft smile and placed his hands upon her head with genuine care as his gaze shifted back between her and Beth as he spoke.

"Its not that we aren't allowed, but it is a dangerous path to walk. When my Master had me research the Order to understand it, I came across quite a few marriages within the Order." His face contorted briefly as he searched for his next words carefully as to not cut her already sensitive nature. "There was one family in particular that I came across that spoke the very danger of which I speak, and that was Master Aryian and Armiena Darkfire, the latter of which was at one time a Grandmaster of the Jedi. There was a Sith by the name of Vladimir Faust who constantly used one to get to the other simply out of spite, and from what I gathered, it didn't end well, causing the two to walk separate paths to protect the child they had."

He sighed, removing his hand and hoping she would gather the intent of his words as he turned to Beth as the Klaxons resounded around them, the brief and subtle lunge of exiting hyperspace shifting beneath their feet. "Forgive me. I am just weeks out of my training as a Jedi, and I only speak of what I was taught. I am nearly as new to this as Nia here, so i will trust in your words and guidance as you have experienced more than either of us combined."

Turning once more to Nia, attempting to reassure the young Nautolan with his gaze, he spoke to both her and Beth without removing his gaze. "I suppose that I still have much to learn as well. Shall we learn it together?"

• 6 months later...

Kashi stood at the entrance of the transports cockpit, gazing into the swirling brilliance that was hyperspace. For the Knight, it was always a splendid experience, its origins truly unknown and the mechanics of it lost upon his mind. And yet the serene nature of the Force flowed just as elequantly here as it did just about anywhere, as if it reached beyond time and space. He couldn't help but feel a sense of calm in the thought.

Turning away from the cockpit, he wandered back to the rest of the strike force, most of which was beginning preparations for the oncoming battle at Serenno while others simply sat in silence. It was almost unbearable.

Walking in with a grin, Kashi slapped his hands together and briefly rubbed them before reaching into his pocket for a deck of cards. "Who's up for a game of Pazaak?"