Space

Ary the Grey

Tros slowly nodded his own head in acknowledgement of Canderous. Luck was something that he himself was never found of actually acknowledging-despite having grown up for a good portion of his life on Corellia. It was interesting for him to see that Canderous only acknowledged- or maybe just worshiped – Kad Ha’rangir. It wasn’t really a bad thing, as at least he could tell that Canderous was a man of conviction and devotion. He felt slightly bad that he himself had started to have his own faith shake. Or rather, he began to doubt that there was even a god of his people anymore. 

There was a slight beep that took over for a second before Vulios turned it off and informed the other two occupants of the cockpit that they were about twenty-five minutes from drop point. At the word, Tros stood up and put his buy’ce on and looked at Canderous. 

“Alrighty then, let’s get the others prepared. It’s time we make our own luck and future.”

Before Tros left the cockpit, he placed his left hand upon the shoulder on Canderous and gave him a slight nod before moving on. Although he did not make it very far out of the cockpit before standing face to face with Vrax. 

“Fierfek Vrax! How the bloody hell can you do that.” Vrax gave a slight chuckle behind his own buy’ce. “Reach my age and you’ll understand.” With a slight tilt of the head to look around Vrax, he moved to allow for Tros to see the situation on the main hold of the Swift Justice. Bex was now fully clothed and armored up, along with the rest of the crew. They were all preparing their weapons for the mission and seemed to be focused on what was coming. Tros then felt the hand of Vrax upon his own shoulder as the older veteran guided him with a slight push forward. Tros understood what Vrax was nudging him to do. 

“We’ll be dropping out of hyperspace on the outskirts of the Maw within a few minutes. Our target is a Baleen-class heavy freighter named Mute Decree. It’s cargo of 12 crates of Spice must be retrieved unharmed, along with any Coaxium that they may have upon their ship. Word has it that there are at least 6 crew members, but there could be more, as the ship has been outfitted the house more. Upon collecting these materials, the Zann Consortium has requested two things. The first, that their ship be grounded indefinitely. Along with that, they requested that the crew make sure that they learn a lesson to never steal from the Zann Consortium again.”

Tros now looked around and eyed everyone. “If there are no questions, get ready to board the ship.”

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

As my conversation with Tros took place, there was something off about the man. His movements, his reactions, his words... they seemed to hint at a sadness within. It perplexed me, making my wonder in silence as to what troubled him, if anything troubled him at all and my mind wasn't just merely playing tricks upon me. It was a difficult thing to read, my sight completely different compared to how others saw the Galaxy, and was why I never mentioned it when Tros spoke and began to leave the cockpit.

"Right." Was the only words that escaped my lips, placing my hand upon his own as it sat upon my shoulder, griping it with a firm shake before releasing it and turning to follow him to the others.

Moving past Vrax and Tros as they conversed for a brief moment, I would join the others after retrieving my weapons from the main hold where I had spent much of my time earlier, the twin beskar blades once again adorning my back. I only wished Hati had been able to join us, feeling a sense of loss over my companion as i moved to rejoin the group. She needed to stay with the Fleet, and I needed to find my purpose. In time, we would be whole again.

As the others drew their weapons to the ready after Tros revealed the plan, I unsheathed the twin blades, giving Tros a strong unwavering nod. Perhaps he was my purpose.

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

• 4 months later...

"Welcome to the Night Owl." Kari humbly boasted as she tossed her Trench coat aside, revealing the tube top that laid beneath and the tattoos that adorned her upper form, most notably the mural sleeves of Ashla and Bogan that covered each arm as well as the twin Tonfas strapped across the small of her back. "You're welcome to take up quarters wherever you like."

When she reached Ghost, Kari gathered up a few splices and tools she would need as she worked away into the droid's AI and mainframe, backtracking the message and locating any other alterations made to its wiring. She wasnt so much ticked off that Ventra managed to pull it off, but that Ghost had allowed the vile sister to do such a thing. They may have been triplets, Ventra, Kari, and Angela, but surely the droid could tell age differences.

"Sit down and enjoy the tale I weave for you while I work away at the blasted droid's memory banks." She said mostly in jest as she motioned for him to take a seat, her eyes never moving from the wires. "Where to begin? May as well start from the beginning I guess..."

"It began roughly fifty or sixty years ago, maybe longer as I'm not quite sure how long ago I was originally conceived. Our mother was a slave to a small time Sith Lord that had taken up governing the world of Shili under the Imperial Ruling Body at the time.... Kari stopped for a moment of thought, the look upon her face one of deep puzzlement and conjecture before continuing with acceptance. "I suppose most of our kind were slaves to the vile creature, but our mother happened to be one of his favorites. And Darth Osmus, or at least I think that was his name, made her life a living hell as you could imagine, often summoning her to his chambers simply out of spite. Or so i was told."

Despite Kari's solid composure and demeanor, her gaze stayed fixated on Ghost's mainframe to hide the watering of her eyes as she spoke of her past in such a casual way. But after the incident with Faust and Ventra, she vowed to never have her past hidden ever again. Wiping a singular tear from her face, Kari kept explaining it as she continued her work.

"It wasnt long before Mother found out she was pregnant with the three of us, even on backwater world like Shili. And fast forward about a year, and we existed. Though, not by her choosing or her want. Yet, by then, she was stuck with us and our 'father' was dust and bones. And as you can imagine, due to our means of conceivement, we really didnt have much of a childhood, let alone a happy one. We were products of rape, and as such, treated like unwanted pests, especially when Mother drank. And did she ever drink. Think I got that habit from her, as did Angela. Tori... Ventra, never really did care for the taste."

"We spent most of our childhood locked away in cages at night, sometimes at night too. But what little free time we did manage to get, we spent hunting and stealing just so we didnt starve to death, especially Angela. Unlike Tori and I, she lacked the gift that gave us our freedom from Mother. And when Shili was liberated, a Jedi managed to find us and take us with him to Coruscant. Angela, on the other hand, was stuck under Mother's thumb for the rest of Mother's life, which didnt help when Tori cloned me."

Kari stopped for a moment, her form as still as her breathing, a subject she had to reveal to anyone outside those who already knew. She sighed, setting aside her tools and turned to face Ban as she slide against a bulkhead. "I died in my original life during my Padawanship. I was around sixteen or seventeen and me and my Master, a Knight barely the age of twenty, fell in love. We knew it was forbidden at the time, not as relaxed as the Order is now, but it couldn't be helped. And when we became liabilities for one another, he had us reassigned. He died a few months later in combat, and I did shortly after at the hands of a lustful Master."

Ban could see the hurt in Kari's eyes as unnoticed tears streamed down her cheeks. She was intensely beautiful, even for a Togruta of nearly thirty, so a lustful Master wasn't much of a long stretch. But being a product of rape and dying during a similar encounter could put anyone through the ringer, especially someone of only seventeen. "So Tori left the order and became Darth Ventra after she murdered My Master for what he had done to me, and eventually cloned me a few years later. After that, I was given to my sister Angela to be raised, only unknown to Tori, Angela was more like our Mother than we bargained for. And because of that, it seems, my second chance at life wasnt any easier than the first."

Kari leaned forward and gathered her tools, returning to work. "Tori cloned me using black market parts and Sith Alchemy, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that when one of Angela's rage filled attacks caused both my lifetimes to converge and skills that were forgotten became dangerous weapons in my untrained hands, and I ended up taking the life of our youngest sister. In an attempt to correct her mistake, Tori wiped my memory and I was left at the Jedi Temple at Ossus."

"Fast forward a few years, and I was finally taken as a Padawan under a one Lusef Aryan, also known as Vladimir Faust. At the time, that moniker was unknown, so he was able to slip in as Jedi Master and play his little games. I held no knowledge of either, and he held no knowledge of my past or of Ventra." Kari spoke as she cleansed what remained of the commands Ventra had placed in Ghost and shut closed his paneling. "After nearly destroying the Temple at Gala, I wandered the Galaxy until I found Tython, my mind broken by my past life and my current one. Thankfully the spirits of Tython were capable in helping me to fix the damage that was done, and I now stand before you whole and complete. I just hope it remains this way as we investigate Ventra's final message."

Stretching her arms upward as she stood, her back and arms popping with her movement, Kari looked back to Ban. "I know it's a bit confusing, so if you have any questions, you have only to ask. I made myself a promise long ago to never hide my past, even from strangers. This way, I'll never forget again."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

• 2 weeks later...

As Kari recounted her tale, Ban became more and more uncomfortable. He'd never met someone who was so open about hurtful details of their past, but at the end when she explained why he was a bit relieved to understand better.

"If I think of anything, I'll let you know. I, uh...don't really meet many folks who wear their whole life on their sleeve like that."

There was a moment of silence, and he realized quickly what he'd said could have come off as mildly insulting. He quickly continued, "And, you know, my life hasn't really been nearly that exciting. Mostly tracking down debtors and solving local disputes, that sort of thing."

Another moment of silence.

"I'm...listen...I'm really sorry I asked. It clearly still causes you pain. Pain isn't really something I wish on people. Not too often, anyways. Some folks deserve it, but not like that. I should...I should just go get some sleep until we reach our destination."

Ban really did feel bad for her, but it was something she had to live with. It wasn't a scar he could heal. He stood up, looking around at the various hallways.

"Uhh, which way to the beds, again?"

Kari chuckled at the forefront of of her pain, not realizing how the recount of her tale could throw someone off so well. To her, it was her life, known and lived. She never considered someone having any better than her own. After all, with the Sith, the Black Sun, slavery, murder, terrorism, war, and hatred having ran rampant throughout the Galaxy, tales such as hers seem to come dime a dozen. Some far less, but just grueling as the next. To know someone had lived a better life than her despite the odds stacked against them gave her a sense of enjoyment. It meant that there were still a semblance of balance left untouched.

"You have nothing to apologize for." Kari spoke with a heartily smile as she activated Ghost who sprung back to life. Looking down upon her arms, gazing upon the Ashla and Bogan mural tattoos that adorned her arms, she again chuckled. "I suppose I do carry my life upon my sleeves more than most, but it is the life that made me. We would all do well to know each other's lives as such. Then perhaps we could truly understand one another better."

Kari motioned Ban to follow her, originally intending to lead him to the beds he requested, but instead detoured into the a small kitchenette like area where she placed a pot of water on to boil and gathered some small herbs from a shelf to grind and add to the water when it began to percolate. Once it had, she added the leaves to it and gathered a couple of tin mugs as it sat there simmering. "Forgive me if my tale made you uncomfortable, but aside from preventing my never forgetting again, there was another reason I wished you to know it." Kari stirred the brew and poured it into the tin cups, handing one over to Ban as she blew upon her own to cool it before she took the first sip. "Where we are headed upon Shili is the crypt of my family. But it's also a small nexus within the Force. There's a chance you may see part of it just as Lucef did all those years ago."

Kari carefully took a small sip of the bitter tea, feeling its calming effects flow over her as the warm water washed down her esophagus and hit the pit of her stomach, warming her chilled body up slightly. She never understood why, but hyperspace held an unnatural chill to it whenever she found herself traveling it. "But even if not, given the unknowing we're walking into thanks to my sister Tori, I felt it was best if you knew everything. Tori was a Master of Illusion and Deception, a Seductress among Seductors. She held a natural affinity to turn any situation into a benefit for her. So we need to be careful once we arrive.

Once she was halfway through her cup, Kari pointed behind Ban. "Those are your quarters there, just down that hallway. Mine are just opposite. We've still got a few hours ahead of us until we reach Shili, so resting would be a good option if you need to. I, myself, plan on at least having one more cup before I turn in."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

Ban took a sip from the tea, wincing at the bitterness and heat, but it was a nice gesture. Kari might have had a spotty past, but he handled himself poorly in response. He wasn't really used to these kinds of situations, and it threw him off.

"I could share another cup, sure. The taste is rather...intriguing, once you get past the bitterness." He gave a brief sigh, knowing what he said next would be mildly difficult to word properly. "You must forgive me for that. I'm not a Jedi, it's never really been my job to understand and try to bring peace to such situations. Sometimes, well...often times, people deal with emotional trauma like that very poorly, and understandably so. They are scars upon you, who you were, they mark and partially define who you are now."

Spying a chair at a small desk just inside the door to his quarters, he fetched it, sitting down.

"But that doesn't have to be a bad thing, and it sounds like you refuse to let it be one. Accepting things for how they are is central to a lot of the Kosai teachings. You should be proud of yourself for dealing with this in a healthy way when many others would be crushed under the emotional weight. The Jedi often teach that the natural state of things is peace and harmony, but neglect to understand that a little turbulence allows for growth, and you have certainly grown from the turbulence in your own life."

Ban blew on his cup before taking another sip, noting that the herbal flavors were a bit more robust yet palatable as the tea cooled. He was never much of a tea drinker, but he did know how to appreciate the smaller things in life.

"And I appreciate your warning about Tori. Hopefully, I'll be able to handle myself against her illusions if she becomes a problem. I still don't fully understand my role in all of this, but that's rather normal for me."

Finishing his cup, he waited for her to do the same, intending to follow her for the next one.

"Could use a bit of sugar.. Kari jested with a laugh as she propped her own self against a nearby counter, taking a sip as both hands grasped the warm cup. "But in truth, most prefer it's natural taste with a dash of milk to overcome the bitterness. Unfortunately, I havent had very much time to restock my supplies." 

Kari's mind wandered back to Coruscant and the Mandalorian invasion, then the attack at Dark Sun station after, which she purposely avoided. She knew how the outcome would be, the ties between the Black Sun and Sith Empire laid thickly upon the loose tongues of the underworld. She sighed as she stood there staring out the viewport of the hall that led to the room she had placed Ban in. Her time to cross paths with the Sith was coming closer, but it still had a bit of time before it arrived. Some could describe it as a feeling similar to when one knows the time of their own death, but for Kari, it was more a sense of divination.

"I suppose one could say that I was never a Jedi myself." Kari spoke, her gaze falling back upon Ban as he apologized for not faring her news well. "I was never one to follow the rules even in my former life, quick to temper and slow to rationalize my actions. It wasnt until my mind was nearly torn apart before I grew as a person, and even then, it still took nearly a decade to completely overcome it." Tossing the last bit of tea into her mouth as she threw her head back, Kari refilled both her and Ban's cups before setting the pot aside off the burner, the tea now having reached it's full saturation. "What doesn't kill me and all that.

Kari took a few more sips, goosebumps rising across her form as she shivered from the full strength bitterness that the tea had brewed to become. It was an uncomfortable taste to be sure, but its calming and relaxing benefits were well worth it as the aura around her grew completely mellowed and the tension she held completely withdrew. It nearly mimicked the effects of alcohol, but at a lesser degree and didn't affect one's motor capacity or reaction time. 

"I cant exactly say that I understand your role in all this myself." Kari finally spoke, her gaze staring down the cup in thought. "But given our unusual meeting and the timing of Tori's message, I felt it best to invite you along and offer the compensation for such a job. In truth however, I feel better knowing that someone is here to have my back, even if only for the credits."

After a few minutes of silence, Kari finished her second cup and looked toward Ban. "We should be arriving in just a few hours, so I suggest we get some rest. It'll likely be day break when we arrive and we don't want to be lagging." Kari chuckled, excusing herself toward her quarters. As she laid down in her bed, she took out Ventra's mask, her eyes tearing up both in sadness and in anger. She had moved on for the most part, but Tori was her sister, and knowing that only returned the pain. How her beloved sister could fall so far was still a mystery even to her. Grasping the mask tightly against her chest, Kari drifted off to sleep.

karismol.png

"The credits are but a small part of the journey. Subsistence is vital, but profit is meaningless. Few who know the Kosai understand that...all they hear is we want money for services rendered and label us mercenaries. Not everyone has the expansive resources and pull that the Jedi can afford."

It was a short response as she began to walk off, but an important one. At least Ban felt so. Kari was pleasant despite her disturbing history, and Ban wanted to ensure she didn't take him the wrong way. Attachment wasn't typical for him, but he felt that in another life they'd likely be friends. Or perhaps even the future, but time would tell. He followed the will of the Force, not his emotions.

It didn't really matter right now, though. Instead, he would need to focus himself for the trials ahead. He entered his room and shut the door, allowing himself to fall into a deep meditative sleep. 

His dreams were turbulent.

The intricrate web of a woven dream was as mysterious as the concept of life, its knowledge sought by all, but understood by none, at least in a true sense. For Kari, it was but a distant memory, one of the few in a handful that she had managed to make, but for the outside world, it was anything but. As she laid there asleep within her bunk, a darkness began to stir about her like a misty fog, unclear and impenetrable. It rolled about her form like a bank, seeping from its origination in a trove of black cloud. Her form sat up, her hands removing the boots she generally wore to separate herself from the life she used to live, and when she stood, the flesh of bare feet stood against the cold flooring.

Kari looked out across the horizon toward the setting sun, her feet dug into the sand and wiggling her toes as her gaze shifted toward Tori with a smile. The two were around fourteen or fifteen years of age and Tori smiled back toward Kari before the two shifted toward their Masters swimming just off shore. It was a time of peace and tranquility for the two, their life upon Shili but a distant memory save for their promise to return and free Angela from their mother's wicked grasp once they had finished their training and became full fledged Knights.

But by now, Tori had begun to see the feelings in Kari's eyes change, her sight lost upon the older Knight that had taken her as his Padawan. Tori reached over with her exposed foot and caught Kari's calf, a serious look in her eyes as Kari turned in disbelief. "You know as well as I that it will never be Kari." Tori spoke with general concern for her beloved sister. "The Order barely approves of those who have no connection, let alone Master and Padawan." Kari's gaze turned toward the view of their Masters, a look of sadness rushing to her face as the wind blew against it. "I know Tori. I just can't help myself. He's kind, caring, sweet. He even rushed over to me last week when I fell from that blasted tree." Kari spoke, her hand running across the nearly healed broken ribs that laid beneath the field dressing around her waist. "Its not like he'll ever return it. He's nineteen and I'm his Padawan. And even if I wasn't, and stood as an equal, I doubt I will ever be more than a younger sister." Kari sighed, her hand secretly grasping a handful of sand out of Tori's view. "Its probably for the best." With that said Kari threw the handful across Tori's form, squealed, and sprinted off even in pain.

The two dashed across the sands in playful manner that continued even into the night, through training and past dinner of which consisted of a local delicacy, and almost until bed time when the two laid out from exhaustion with pillows still hand. The two Masters outside chuckled, knowing the sisters had finally given up, causing both to smile as the final remnants of consciousness slipped away. But outside this delicate dream, Kari's form roamed the halls of her ship in a darkened daze. Her lifeless eyes hid behind the Mask of Ventras as the cloak of dark mist covered her form, seeping downward and into the air as it landed and swept outward upon the durasteel floors. From beneath the mask came an unsettling moan from beyond the veil, Ghost carefully following his Master with delicate and weary protection.

Kari's eyes shot open when the klaxons blared upon their arrival, the Togruta Je'daii nearly leaping her feet as she gazed out the viewport of the cockpit toward Shili. Grabbing the controls, Kari quickly and out of instinct began running the numbers for reentry as the shields came up to protect against the searing heat, the mixture of blue and orange not your usual sight to awaken to. It wasnt until they had landed that Kari realized she was far from her bed and held no recollection of how she managed to get to the cockpit. 

"We're here Ban." Kari spoke after knocking on the door of his quarters, her gear strapped across her shoulder and hip. A few moments later she disembarked and as her feet touched the dirt of Shili, Kari realized that she was barefooted. Keeping this to herself, she wiggled her toes in the risen sand, felt its welcoming warmth as she turned to gaze toward Ban. "If you haven't been here before, let me be the first to welcome you to Shili."

karismol.png

To be honest, Mjan was taken aback by Beth's outburst. He wasn't sure how the Empire did things, but during his time training under Aira and as short life a pilot, this has been everything he knew. Even after the Battle of Dark Sun Station, Captain Rose always slept alone, usually in her fighter.

"Its not that we segregate Commander." Mjan spoke, his gaze shifting to young Nia briefly before turning back to Beth. "As a Jedi, we must separate ourselves from any and all attachments. There is a strong bond formed between Master and Padawan, and given the case with Nia and myself, it could be develop into mixed feelings for either of us. So the Order suggests separate quarters."

That, and in truth, with Nia being his first Padawan and her level of innocence, he felt it best to allow her to have some privacy. He didnt want or need her distracted during training with worries of it being invaded. In this regard, he planned to bunk with his fellow male compatriots while allowing Beth and Nia the comforts of an all female refresher. Thankfully, when they arrived aboard the Maelstrom, Mjan was relieved that the higher-ups had thought of this beforehand, actually segregating the crew in general.

"Forgive me Beth. I meant no disrespect nor insinuation..." Mjan began to speak, hoping to calm the young Commander down despite Captain Rose' gossip mill. "Although my Captain surely would." A hand slapped the back of his head as Captain Rose passed by and heard what he said, a glare of death being recieved by Mjan as her gaze pierced his soul. "I was merely requesting to respect our general differences during moments of privacy."

Not sure if his words had done any good to quell Beth, Mjan turned to Nia. "Join the others in your section of the Barracks and meet me in the Hangar Bay once you've settled in. I'll meet you there around 0300 and we'll talk more." Turning back to Beth, Mjan extended the invitation. "You're welcome to join as well Beth. I may need your insight, or you can just watch to pass the time." And with that Mjan excused himself as Nia and Beth went toward their opposing barracks.

It wouldnt take long. Mjan rarely carried anything but what he needed, so there was no need for unpacking. But he did take the few minutes to hit the refresher, his robes full fuel oders and sweat. Once he finished, he threw on a fresh change of clothes and headed toward the Hangar Bay, arriving just a few moments before the intended meeting time. Taking the spare time, Mjan walked about and examined its interior, asking questions about a simulator being aboard.

Nia was shocked at Beth's reaction, shrinking away as she spoke to Mjan. She wasn't a confrontational woman, and they'd seemed to have touched a nerve. Some of what the Imperial said held water, but Nia couldn't help but wonder at the venom in the pilot's voice as she spoke. Perhaps this alliance wasn't as harmonious as the leaders wanted to believe. When Beth spoke to her, Nia found her hands fidgeting again.

"My apologies, Lieutenant. I didn't intend to offend you." she said quietly, her fears realized as she realized her question had landed her in hot water with the other woman. She could feel herself blushing, though whether that was due to shame or embarrassment, or both, she couldn't tell. She nodded at her Master's suggestion, meekly following Beth into their quarters. She didn't have much, herself. She'd brought nothing with her aside from a single change of clothes, which had been left in the temple on Felucia, and her father's lightsaber, which sat snugly in her robes.

She sat on her bed, closing her eyes, intending to meditate, but she opened them at Beth's question. Whatever anger she'd seemed to have possessed a moment ago seemed to have passed. Nia hesitated before she spoke, picking her words carefully.

"I am from Glee Ansem. My mother is in politics, and I came here to begin my training as a Jedi."

She didn't elaborate. It was... strange, to be talking about herself like this, in casual conversation. 

"Where are you from?" she asked, her curiosity and need to know slowly overcoming her nervousness. Beth seemed human, or close to it. She knew humans had many offshoots, considered 'near-humans', but they were scattered across the galaxy. She could be from anywhere, from any walk of life. It intrigued the Jedi.

nnia.png

When Kel went to docking bay 12, he saw Master Tobias and his ship. Kel bowed in greeting to him. "It's good to see you again Master Tobias. I hope you've been well."  soon enough, Sandy had arrived with Aiden in tow. Kel bowed in turn to his master after her greeting. "Thank you Master. I've secured supplies from the mess hall, the med bay, and as always I keep a set of tools with R5, so I am well prepared." After she introduced Aiden and Tobias, the four of us boarded Tobias' ship and ventured into space. Shortly after, we gathered in the ship's meeting room for the Mission briefing. "So Master, what exactly is this urgent mission?" 

5V8Toxy.png

Beth’s voice dropped to a low and very dangerous tone. The other pilots and their voices hushed in response, most eyes tearing away from looking over equipment and bunks to stare straight at the trio. The jedi apprentice, knight, and imperial Lieutenant who if this had been a holofilm would have been flushed dark red with rage. “Lack of attachments in a fighter squadron? Perhaps it's that lack of attachments that led your people to kill a billion of mine on Kuat eh? That separation from reality that led your people to stand bye as we fought all alone. I have never in my life heard such Boshtet” Her eyes flashed wide as she realized her outburst and she stepped back shaking her head. 

Beth was in no way masking her mind as they had been taught in the special forces training, if the Jedi could feel anything in the force, the vision of watching rings full of billions crash and burn over Kuat through the eyes of a child would be playing brighter than a neon holograph. Parents, brother, everyone. Dead. She had been forced into the life of an orphan at the hands of some Jedi General she never knew. The rage boiled off her and flashed away, leaving behind an empty pit of sucking void. She simply blinked and laughed to shunt away the horrible pain that was burning away at the back of her mind. Trying her best to shake off that horrid feeling of hopelessness that had come over her at that outburst. She blinked rapidly and spat out a stream of apologies before her voice became steady,

“I apologize for that outburst, you are on our side. I know this. I appreciate you being here.” Her shoulders slumped. “Just know that when we are on the ground, or in a mission, segregation isn't possible and we should be training to the environment we will be in.” She turned to Nia and nodded, the pain beginning to cut through her usually strict and calloused demeanor, which had been very obvious at her outburst. "I'm sorry, this is no way for me to introduce myself. You didn't deserve that. I am Bethany Cour de'Andromina, of the minor Kuati royal house of Adromina. I was raised in Moff Hohenlohe's service, after my family was destroyed on the rings of Kuat." She saluted the Jedi Knight as he walked off aforedecks. Calling out another apology. Before she sat down next to Nia and put her head in her hands. Feeling the caress of her leather gloves, cool her burning blushed face. "I'm Sorry." She sighed again and wiped at the edges of her eyes. “You can’t think that way about your squadmates. You can’t just not care. You don’t go and kriff them mind you, but you don’t just say that. Not when there are people that look up to you, and depend on you.” She looked back up at the fragile looking girl, then back at her own gloved hands. She made a disgusted sound and pulled her gloves off, and ran her fingers through her short cropped hair. “I don’t know what you were expecting here, but probably not that eh? This is a military operation, we can't just go and do our own thing on a military, op.”   

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

As he lounged there on the boarding ramp, idly watching the bay and reading an interesting message that was on his datapad; then he felt her coming. There was another presence with her so he wasn’t surprised when a young boy flanked Sandy as she walked in. As Kel angled toward Tobias, Sandy quickly matched his trajectory and sped up to catch the experienced apprentice. Just as Kel greeted Vos, Sandy and the young boy joined them. 

Still lounging on the boarding ramp, propped up on his elbow- he waved his right hand towards the droids who quickly finished their work- whatever they were doing- and boarded the ship. Feeling a little nonplussed by all the hustle- and apparently he was now conscripted into helping this trio. This was what the Force was telling him to wait for? For Sandy to apologize then immediately sweep him up in whatever mission they were going on? 

While he didn’t move from his lounging posture to show them inside his ship- they all ended up making themselves at home eventually but not before they each passed by him. He looked over the curious entity, the Darkfire boy. Part of him wanted to expel the boy for being an Imperial Knight; another part wanted to kick Sandy off as well. She was quite bombastic, and rushed- so he would play along. There was a lesson she needed to learn- several in fact. They made their way in without Vos- even a little R5 unit came aboard. There was no indication of his irritation- he kept it well hidden. Best to just see how this played out…

After a few minutes he got to his feet and decided that he would get the ship into the black and then into the blue. He could always decide to part ways with them- let them use his ship while he traced this message back to its sender. 

About twenty minutes later he was in the common room of the ship with the holoprojectors on- he was tracing a line- a shipping lane- out to several spots in what was commonly called the 'Southern Quadrant' of the galaxy, out towards Naboo and Sullust, when Kel walked into the room. He subsequently deactivated the map when Sandy and the boy entered. Thankfully, Kel asked the obvious question while Vos sat in his usual spot- his back to the wall and legs straddling the bench at the main table. Holding out his hand on the table he summoned a beverage from the refrigerator. Though the door never opened- there was a *pop* as a drink appeared in his hand. He gestured with his hand for Sandy to go ahead- but still Tobias did not speak. A bored, unconcerned expression on his face as he took a drink. 

Aidan stayed quiet during everything, except for when he was introduced to Master Vos, when he replied respectfully. He still was unaware what had happened in the council meeting, and didn't know what Sandy meant she she said she'd spoken too harshly. He still felt like the most junior member present in all this, and wasn't eager to speak up.

He did hear a pop as Tobias did something, which briefly caught his attention, but the Jedi Master was only sipping a drink, so he paid it no mind. However, it did seem like everyone was waiting, and he did know why they were there.

"The Empress has tasked us with finding the Eternal Vigilance, the location of which can supposedly be found somewhere on the planet Gala. Knight Sarna, might, uh, know more than I do."

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

Tobias snorted in disbelief. Not only was it ludicrous that the Empress ordered Imperials to go after the EV, it was damn insulting. Another side to this situation brought back memories of when Xae-Lin, Jaina and a few other tried to lead an informal coup d'état and hid the EV from the Grandmaster at the time- Dahar. A brief moment of sorrow as he remembered this as the beginning of Dahar's fall and passing. Dahar- on his death bed- coughing up blood and bile from the artifact that Tobias and Sarah had been sent back to retrieve. He had fallen from such grace because of those shevorks. Dahar...Eternal Vigilance... a dozen memories from around that time played through his mind. The time he slid down the banister to see Adenna for the first time in years- his outburst at a room full of Jedi whispering about him- the honor of Dahar naming him a Jedi Master. The latter he had never fully embraced- while there was a point in his life where he wanted to be a Jedi but that was before he had become one with the Veil. He used the title and tried to lead by example of a Jedi Master- he never said he was a Jedi.

He suppressed his emotions; the anger and rage at losing Dahar, The whole EV situation, the betrayal from Xae-Lin and Jaina then the divide and issues those two created within the Jedi Order. Finding that ship would close a infuriating chapter in Tobias's past. 

Shifting his gaze from the boy to Sandy now- he awaited an explanation and details. His lip curled into a near snarl at the memories the EV had dug up. 

The atmosphere was chilled almost to a tepid freeze in the starship. Brought on very likely by the open hostility that Master Vos was showing everyone in the briefing room. Sandy did not like the tension at all, and it made her skin crawl that a friend and father figure would be so disgusted by a task like retrieving the Eternal Vigilance. Perhaps there was context yet unspoken. She strode up to the holo display and nodded to each person in the room. Firstly with Aidan, then Kel, and finally settling on Tobias Vos. 

This was the first time she had given a military briefing to people she directly knew, and the nervousness peaked in the back of her head before she started talking. She suppressed the feeling and looked straight into the glare mixed with a sneer that Tobias was presenting her, his anger was palpable. Her temper flared suddenly and instead of placing the holodisc lightly onto the table she slapped it down with force enough to cause the crack of the sound of metal on metal to ring throughout the room. The holograph of the massive ship burst into radiance around her. Showing multiple floors of the ship in wide array. She needed to address the anger and malevolence now. 

“Enough! If there is a bad feeling here or against this mission speak it now!” She looked straight at the Jedi Master. Her flash of anger had dissapeared, replaced with a firm resolve. There was tension here and it marked an ugly stain on this mission should they begin without addressing it. She put a level of command into her voice that she was confident would evoke a response. The same tone the Imperial Knights had taught her while commanding troops on Nal Hutta. “Master Vos, I can feel your derision from across this room. Make an accounting of yourself.”

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

"I gave orders to a Jedi Knight and her apprentice- Xae-Lin and Jaina Skywalker to take the ship and hunt down some artifacts of significant Force power or history. They effectively disobeyed me and started a little coup against then Grandmaster- Dahar Raikanda. That started a schism that has resulted in a fallout in the ranks within the Jedi. Dahar resigned- and then sacrificed himself by obtaining an artifact I had sent those others on- Xae-Lin was an exorcist and Jaina was an apprentice- Xae-Lin knew how to handle dark side objects while Dahar's strengths lay elsewhere. I watched him breath his last painful breath as he became one with the Force- and yeah- I am angry because those two disobeyed orders and hid the ship away until Grandmaster pretty boy took it to Corusant! Now it's popped back up again. You know how many holocrons are on that ship? How much knowledge those two squandered? How much effort and time and resources did it cost us in the end? You know how long it's been since that crew got any relief? Too much and too long. There you have it. Now, are you going to over analyze everything I say and do from here on out? Did you commandeer me and my ship just to babysit me? You forget your past too quickly, Jedi Sarna. Now, are you going to explain why the Imperials want to chase down a Jedi Asset? Or are we going to keep pissing out our territory? Because now that I know we're going after the EV- I'm determined to find that ship and I'll do this with you and follow your lead- or we can go at it separately."

As Tobias gesturing with his hand along with his speech, he placed it calmly transitioned into a shrug and a doesn't matter to me attitude. Inwardly, he thought of how much she had changed recently. Most of him approved of it. She was a strong young female Jedi- but she needed to remember her own mistakes. He hadn't wanted to do this in front of the padawans it would go to demean Sandy- but that was the last thing he wanted to do. Which is why at the end of his little rant he made sure the two padawans knew Sandy was in charge and that she could even command an angry person who was once even her teacher.  

"They stabbed me in the back and look at where we are now. Look at where the galaxy is- not saying that the Jedi would have made a difference if those two hadn't done that- but all the same- I'm pissed at them and the memories it brings up. I'd like to close this little chapter- find those on board and get them off the ship- and see what Grandmaster Alluyen would like done with the ship and Holocrons aboard- but like I said you came to me and we're here together or I can stop at the next spaceport and we'll part ways."

He also wanted to make sure he stated that Adenna would decide what to do with the ship- not the Imperials or their Empress. Kel was a Jedi Padawan, Aiden was an Imperial Knight Padawan- Sandy was a mystery. Tobias was unsure of where her loyalties or priorities lay.  At the end of it all he took a drink and was quiet once again. He hoped she'd take the hint that he was pissed at dredging all that up- there was no need for Kel or Aiden to know about any of that. 

Then, he sucked in a deep breath. Closing his eyes and straightening his back- he held the breath in for a few seconds. Exhaling, he relaxed into the wall and was seemingly at peace again. Aiden and Kel weren't tuned to Tobias as Sandy was; he would have to double down on his defenses with her in the future. They wouldn't have felt him angry, but Sandy would have- and did. 

Mjan sat in near total silence at the edge of the hangar bay, staring out into the vast emptiness of space, his mind wandering across a vast assortment of subjects. Part of him ached for his own Master's guidance, wondering where she had disappeared to in the far off reaches. He couldn't even grasp the emotions that Beth had let roll off her form, let alone fathom the events that led to such a outlook. Yet Mjan himself was still naive. It seemed like just yesterday was the day he was taken in as a Jedi Padawan himself, the only world he ever knew being left behind to understand the truth of the unified Force, his leaving to join the Jedi sealing his fate among his kin, his father included.

Grabbing a lose screw he found near his sitting, he tossed it across from him, watching the flickering of blue as it clashed with the hangar's atmospheric shielding. He was truly at a loss. He thought across the flashes that Beth had given off, her life unlike his own where he had been sheltered and raised by a community of like minded individuals, hidden among their own kind as members of the Tsis to hide away their heretical beliefs. His leaving was the hardest thing he ever faced, and it only ended with his disowning. He could fathom her own strife. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

There was truth in her words, he would admit. He was a Jedi, and as such, carried the weight of being a role model more than most of the seasoned veterans that were about. But the Jedi that Beth had spoken of was before his time, or weren't even of his knowledge. The Jedi he had been trained to be was one of balance, understanding and fierce. He was trained to walk the fine line between the dark and the light, a vigilant for the meek and helpless. Not one to stand idly by while innocents suffered. This much he did know. But to think Jedi capable of being anything other, well, it pitted a knot within his stomach.

Mjan knew he would have to prove himself, not only due to his Sithly lineage, but because of the past transgressions. Yet, at the same time, he knew he also needed to set himself as an example for those to see and follow behind. That was one of his purposes. But the question was how? At times, he could be as timid as young Nia. Other times, the darkness that his ilk embraced could flare like wildfire. So how was he to balance those around him if he couldn't even balance himself? Placing his stave across his lap, Mjan closed his eyes and delved himself into the Force, searching for an answer within himself. And he would stay this way until Nia and Beth arrived.

"Forgive my ignorance Commander Andromina." He spoke when the two arrived. "For a Jedi, we can sometimes get lost in a world of light and dark, incapable of seeing past the two distinctions. It's not that we distance ourselves from others, or at least in my case it's not my intent. But we live by the will of the Force, and attachments can sometimes be used against us. As a pilot, my loyalty stands with my squadmates. But as a Jedi, it stands alone beside the Force and its will, often seen as uncaring and heartless. But it's because of who we are that we are forced to walk such a fine line between the two aspects, one singular mistake costing us not only thousands of lives, but places us on a path that could claim billions more."

Mjan sighed, hoping his words didnt incite more anger from the small woman as he searched his heart for the right words before he settled on a simple explaination. "Say I was to grow a deep attachment to you, find myself seeing you like a sister... or even deeper, as a lover. And picture I was to feel harm coming to you through both the Force and my emotions. Naturally, I would want your safety, and rush off to your aid rather than sticking to my assigned position. It could very well cost us the mission, and likely lives. And if you were to die and anger began to take root within me, I could easily fall to the darkside and through its corruption, become the very thing we fought to protect against."

Mjan stood up, a smile adorning his face. "Its not to say that we can't be friends or even close like siblings. But we also have to understand the nature of ourselves. Especially those like myself and Nia whom use the Force. We are more susceptible to our emotions due to the power we possess and weild in battle." Mjan scratched at the back of his head with a awkward chuckle. "Are you beginning to understand what I meant? I hope I'm explaining this correctly."

The tension between Master Tobias and Master Sandy was palpable. Kel watched silently as Tobias angrily recounted his tale of betrayal and loss while attempting the very same mission that we had been ordered on now. Tobias ultimately resolved to see the mission through with or without us, but left the choice to Sandy. Whether Tobias did so begrudgingly or out of respect for Sandy was a mystery to him.

"Master Tobias raises a good point. This is a Jedi matter, So shouldn't our findings be reported to the Grand Master before anyone else? Even if we are allied with the imperials at the moment, we still need to maintain our autonomy and the rights that it holds. No Offense Aidan, but the Empress is a politician. I am skeptical as to whether or not she's asking us to do this purely for our benefit." Kel was in favor of cooperation, but he also knew from history that politics and the force had mixed results. Usually to the detriment of the Jedi and other force sensitives. 

5V8Toxy.png

Sandy nodded, listening to the stories of the Jedi and the blame that was upon them for loosing the blasted ship in the first place. She could feel the tensions spiking throughout the whole ship, and the anger that tobias flashed gave her pause. There was a passion there, and he was not altogether wrong. This was his ship, and she should treat him with the respect he deserved. She nodded also to her apprentice who had agreed with Sandy’s old master’s statements. SHe placed her hands calmly on the table in front of her and inclined her head, letting emotions slide off her and returning her face to a passive calm. 

“Master Vos, I should not have addressed you so, of course we are happy and thankful for you help in this mission, I apologize for the inference.” She looked back down at the holopuck which was projecting the giant jedi vessel throughout the room. The holo reflected off the green of her eyes as she looked back up. This time she focused on Kel.

“I do not know if you know what the stakes are right now, the Sith have taken over the entirety of the core and are now progressing rapidly to seize the rest of the galaxy. We as Jedi are a separate entity but we cannot bicker or fight over where orders come from. Especially in the face of annihilation. The Imperial Empress is a part of the chain of command of the Rebel Alliance. These orders came from the Rebel Alliance. I chose to accept them on the fact that the Rebel Alliance needs everything it can to fight against the Sith. The Jedi Order cannot maintain itself as a separate force that exists for the ‘good’ of the galaxy, when its own failings such as those of Jaina and Ardel led us to where we are now.” 

Her eyes wandered back to the holograph 

“I choose to serve the rebel Alliance and its chain of command in this matter. The Sith must be defeated, and if the Jedi, Imperial Knights, or Rebels can use those holocrons to bring this about, I will help them. We cannot, in the very moment of our destruction, horde knowledge that may save us.” 

She shrugged and tapped the holopuck. The ship shrunk down again and twinkled out of existence. 

"All we know is that the old jedi temple on Gala might have a path for us to find it. Before the Sith do." 

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

After another drink, and Kel’s addition Sandy apologized and Added her own bit. Tobias was glad she realized manners mattered, but it was time to get to business. As she explained, a smile crossed his lips. Clearly pleased, he chimed in.

“Gala would make sense. I think there was a beacon there that could have been able to ping a paired beacon on the EV. It wouldn’t be at...home, but the system should’ve been replicated on Ossus... but the EV was gone at that point so there was no chance to pair a set of beacons...” His eyes flickered to Aiden when he danced around Speaking aloud the name of Tython. While they were all allies now- each faction would still have their secrets. But Tobias was getting excited now, if this was the same way Sandy wanted to pursue- perfect. If not, they had options. 

“But there’s not much at Gala anymore other than collapsed ruins, feral humanoids, and a scar in the Force. I know a way down through the underground structure, unless you had a different plan? Also, is there any indication of the Sith trying to find the ship as well?”

Memories of the fight he and Dahar has of getting down to the engineering bay- only to then have Kirlocca come crashing into the room just in time for a Force Monolith to start attacking them. Letting his mind roll over the memory of reaching through the Force and tearing the behemoth apart with his bare hands... He fiddled with his datapad for a moment and then the holoprojectors around at the ceiling projected a 3-D map of where the temple had one stood- now collapsed in on itself. The map was recently scanned from his old contract with the Scanning crew. The apparition hovered in the middle of the room for everyone to see. 

Aidan shifted uncomfortably, only opening his mouth after Sandy had decided to defend his position in all this.

"Look, I might be sworn to the Empress, but the way it's looking she may not hold the title for long. The political system she represents is gone. There are fragments of the military and loyalists who follow her, but more importantly, like Knight Sarna said, we're all in this together now. If you still have qualms about her, or furthermore, me, just understand that I probably couldn't do anything to jeopardize this mission against the wishes of the three Jedi assembled before me, all of whom I might not be a match for should the situation devolve. If the Empress had ulterior motives here, why would she task this mission the way she has instead of just sending her Knights after the vessel?

"If I was a betting man, I'd say she likely got the information from the Jedi, and enacted a plan based on it, but make no mistake this is a Jedi asset that belongs back in Jedi hands. The Knights...would likely not be so kind to it, if I'm being honest. Mant of them are overzealous to a fault with their beliefs, but that is unfortunately what is required of them."

Aidan finally stopped, realizing he'd completely derailed where the conversation was going. Still, he felt the need to defend himself and his choices, and it wasn't a great feeling that he'd needed to do that. The Knights might not be perfect when it came to understanding and following the will of the Force, and many even said that the exorcists were similar to dark side users in their extreme views of wanting to extinguish the darkness. 

If there was one thing his Father had taught him, though, it was to keep an open mind. That one trait had saved him numerous times in his life thus far, and it allowed him to retain his identity and malleability in his beliefs in the rigid atmosphere of the Imperial Knight ranks.

"I'm sorry. That... uhh...I'm done. Please, continue, I...I don't really have any experience or expertise planning the specifics here."

And with that, the young Knight fell silent, leaning against one of the nearby walls as the adults talked. He didn't really feel like he belonged with them anymore, but he was still there and would do his duty. He also made a mental note to listen for the third Jedi's name, neither Sandy nor Master Tobias had really introduced him.

• Like 1

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

There was an emotional struggle going on within Vos. One that would only settle down once they actually reached Gala, despite what could be his best efforts. He was eager to find the ship- not quite as eager to explore Gala once again. Certainly not happy that he had been conscripted into this- but he could see the reasoning behind his path in this. Regardless of all those sentiments if they were going to make it in and out of there alive and in one piece- they all needed the confidence and trust each of them could muster. While Sandy was being bombastic, Kel along similar lines but with a distinct Jedi influence, Aiden was trying to move forward despite obvious inexperience and lack of confidence. Tobias knew he should act more... appropriately of his presumed station. Draining the last of his bottle, he chuckled. 'He said three Jedi... heh... might as well act the part I suppose...' He thought.

"Sometimes that is a good thing- Imperial Knight Aiden. Sometimes some people might be so stuck in their ways of thinking, acting, believing that the situation warrants a set of fresh eyes- so to speak. We each have different mindsets on what exactly should be the next actions here. Sandy is right- we need to find the EV, but Kel is also correct- the fate of the ship is to be left to the Jedi. Empress Zinthos is trying to help solidify the... Rebel Alliance..." He said the name as if it were something that-if it were a food that it was upsetting his stomach. He really just disagreed with the naming of the groups; he pressed on. "...We need to..."

A pit droid burst into the room- walking briskly to Vos and handing him a datapad. Tobias took the device from the droid, read it- punched a few keys on the tablet and gave it back to the droid who scurried out of the room back towards the cockpit. "We need to get ready for planet fall- we're five minutes out. I will stress this again- Gala is still recovering from the Force Scar, the Force is a shifting sand dune we need to watch that we don't fall into any traps. We all should have blasters and lightsabers- no explosives. I'll be right back- but please, continue the discussion. I'll just be down around the corner anyways."

Tobias rose from his seat- motioned with his hand and traced the bottle with one finger in the air- then again with two fingers- the bottle vanished. His mess taken care of, Tobias rounded the corner to his quarters to get ready for going back down into the Gala pit.

The large freighter Ryloth's Spite hummed along to it's programmed route. The simple ship was not remarkable, certainly not that different from other vessels of it's type running the space lanes with regular efficiency. This day was to be a little different. The Ryloth's Spite lumbered on as it had for years, it's captain unaware of the suprise in store.

Anthyn sat alone near the rear docking hatch, using his free time to read his latest purchase from the junk seller on Corellia. The blue colored twilek turned the page of "The Adventures of Lycus Thorpe: Rise and Fall of a Economic Genius."  He had just wrapped a large and boring chapter when-

"Anthyn?" the captains' gruff voice came over the comm,

"Here sir," the response from this the youngest crewman was fast, the Twilek paused only to throw the book on to a nearby shelf and then stand at attention to receive his orders. "Captain FusRo? Everything all right?"

"Were getting a weird signal from a pod up ahead, it's right in our path, I'm pulling it into our bay, get your rear to the hangar deck, and prepare for salvage.

- --- -

The pod was odd alright. It seemed to have been ejected from a ship that had simply dumped it. There was no record of a ship having passed by, at least not one that was running legally and still the pod was here. Anthyn looked at the gun metal grey container, rounded with small engines that had burnt out clearly quite recently. IT bore a few odd markings, but nothing to say where it came from. The blackened blast windows made impossible to see the contents. It lay now on it's side, propped up near one of the cargo handling areas.

"What do you make of it captain.?" The twilek asked, looking over to the folded arms of his Quarren captain. The man shook his head. 

"I don't like it, could be a pirate trap...we should tell someone." Another crewman said, the human female with black hair and white pupils' named Yava approached the pod with a blaster in hand. 

"Or it could be spice dropped from a smuggler." Anthyn said, fantasizing about the riches inside. The crew looked at each other and then back to the captain. 

"Just one way to find out." The Quarren captain tapped the open sequence, and the hartch slid off. Inside a lone figure lay exposed, a man with pale skin, a large scar across his face, and sunken eyes that seemed to indicate someone in the late stages of some sickness. He was old, or at least he seemed to be. 

"IT's just...some guy-" The Yava said, curious as to the state of the man. His body was covered with a black and gray cloak that had seen better days, his dress was like that of a nobleman but seemed almost tattered. He was tall, and built as if had once been imposing. Yet, he seemed frail, as if he'd been worn out by something imperceptible. 

Kern stirred slowly, moving as if glacially at first. He could feel his mouth was dry, days of being locked in a pod alone in the vacuum of space had left him dizzy, even disoriented. "Fine... never... better." Kern said sarcastically in a voice that sounded faint and distant. His eyes landing on the three people present.

"Sir, are you... ok." The captain FusRo approached, "Fetch me a medkit, quickly." The captain asked Anthyn who hurried to obey.

"IT looks like he's been through something traumatic." Yava said as Kern quickly discerned that his face still bore a seemingly fresh scar, a convienent misunderstanding. 

"Kindness, you will be rewarded for such... charity." Kern said weakly, sitting up and still attempting to shake the cobwebs from his mind. 

"You must have ejected from somewhere? What happened to your ship?" Yava asked as Anthyn returned handed the pack to his captain. The quarren went about examining Kern. He stood now..."Lost, or exploded... can't seem to recall. I just know I had to get out of there..." He managed to say calmly.

"Easy... how long were you in there?" 

He looked at the man and blinked. "Days... I think. Hard to remember. Is this a cruiser?" He asked plainly. He pulled the half cape from the pod, and a small cargo container, that clearly had his belongings.

"Far from it, were just a trade ship on route to Corellia. Was anyone else on your ship?" Anthyn responded.

"Yes.... they must have all-" Kern uttered then feigned concern for his former shipmates, the lie was effortless. He couldn't tell them that Kesh was off the usual trade routes, and that any link to it had to be kept secret. Ejecting from the small transport and sending into the heart of a nearby star was simple enough to accomplish. 

"Can we get your name for reporting purposes? So we can alert any family that your alive?" Yava inquired.

"Fynn... Fynn Relmis." He uttered quietly. The words seemed true as he said them, and it was easier to believe every moment that passed after the came forth. 

"You can alert the authorities when arrive at Corellia in a few days. For now let's get you settled." The captain said nodding. 

- --- -

"It will do... thank you." Kern said with gratitude as he was shown a small quarters that was unoccupied. 

"It's the least we can do..." Yava said, helping him to lay down on the bed.

"Tell me... what has been happening in the galaxy... I feel like I've been at that pod for longer then a few days."

"Well, it's all rather complicated.... but the news vid's seem pretty grim." she said as she pulled a blanket from a nearby storage unit.

"Indeed? Tell me, I prefer to hear it from a pleasant face." He said attempting a smile. He could feel his face wrench in pain, but he kept the pretense. The young woman barely responded, clearly not sure what to make of him, still she began to tell him the events of the last few months, at least that any lay person would know. 

As she began to speak, Kern laid back, concentrating on her voice, using it as a tether to reach out into the force, the tendrils reaching within and without, pulling the ones that seemed most relevant to his search. Eventually, landing on a direction that seemed sensible. The urge to murder every single being on the ship was a powerful one, but he restrained himself, Fynn would never do such a thing he laughed to himself. 

"Is... is something funny?" Yava stopped mid sentence, wondering why the man was laughing.

"What? No... go on, you were saying about the treaty between the imperial remnant and the republic?" Kern caught himself.

"Well most people think it's all just a farce, I mean the Sith have pretty much won, and were all just waiting for the inevitable. IT's all really crazy..."

"Never count out the jedi... they always do seem to survive... even in the most ridiculous of spots."

"I'm sorry, I must be boring you." Yava said as she got up to leave.

"Not at all. It's been a long time since I've just... chatted with someone." He said calmly. IT was true, usually, conversations Kern had ended with someone screaming in pain, the thought of the last meaningful contact with someone not from Kesh he'd only served to darken his mood. 

"If you don't mind, I have duties... we can chat later, you should rest, you've been through a lot." Yava said out of nowhere.

More kindness... it was sickening-

"Of course." Kern smiled as he watched the woman go, and then lay back to go to sleep. The galaxy had changed so much, he felt apart from it, the forces within him screamed in his mind, there was conflict and violence that he was not a part of. It took the better part of an hour to find sleep with the images burning in his mind.

Edited by Fynn Relmis

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

The Nimitz, the name of a ship older than most, a ship capable of handling major damage while dish out much more. The ship was classified as a planet cracker, known for literally cracking a planet open for it's resources. Due to this reason ships much like the Nimitz was generally used on desolate world's devoid of any and all life, due to the company who owned these ships years ago ignoring the reprecautions certain laws had to be placed as to avoid both bad reputation and any possible conflict. The company, it's name long lost, dissipated in time and the ships became simple parts for other vessels. Few planet cracker class ships were available, and the Nimitz was a shining example of the companies old glory. 

Originally designed as both a warship and cargo ship later used by the Rebellion, the Nimitz performed as an excellent ship in times of distress usually to back several other cruisers or to load copious amounts of cargo for one trip instead of multiple. And for it's size it wasn't a lumbering hulk, it definitely had speed outrunning even Star Destroyers by a margin. However due to its importance the Nimitz was repurposed as a mining ship as it was originally known for. This would allow the Rebellion or Empire to obtain invaluable resources, the ship was it's own rig thanks to the gravity tethers it and the ore brought from the planet came to great use. It had long range scanners, plenty of powerful cannons, decent speed and sturdy armor making it a great addition to the Alliance Fleet. 

One day it went dark in a sector between Nal Hutta Nar Shaada and Rafa V, several cruisers with the Nimitz to help combat enemy forces and take massive loads off its mining progress also stopped all communications. If the ship was lost then it wasn't a major loss... but it certainly wasn't a small loss either, not by a long shot. If the ship was somehow hijacked then it would prove a serious problem; by pirates the situation wasn't as severe as by the Sith Empire, but regardless anyone with the Nimitz was deadly. In the events of a hijacking, the ships AI automatically shuts down Central and main power, the backup generators used sparingly and only comms remain active. All weapons and shielding are shut down allowing the Alliance to access it without their own technology turning on them. 

Now that it became a reality, the Alliance sent a response team to investigate the situation. More particularly the recent additions to the flock: Vox Stormblood and his War Pack. Anyone else who came along were in a separate shuttle but Storm Scurry, an Allanar N3 Light Freighter, flew quite well compared to it's prior condition a week ago. With it were three individuals, Vox and two other soldiers as he deemed the other four needed more rest back on Nar Shaada. The low number didn't help but it was all that was needed... lest anyone else was on board. The pilot couldn't be counted as he couldn't fight but fly Storm Scurry.  Vox agreed to help the Alliance fight the foe known as the Sith or as the Nudono called them, "Black Cloaks." They'd been careful to avoid conflict with them until their numbers build once more, but a mission like this could prove another run-in with little luck. 

The trio sat quietly, weapons ready and minds steady without a single peep. Simply they awaited their arrival to the large ship, Vox hoping it was either a systems malfunction, it was destroyed or if worse that bandits somehow gained control. He was briefed on its capabilities and suffice to say he was impressed, with there being a lockdown as well it shouldn't be too hard to get things back in order. Their armor had been restored, so we're their weapons, and the helmets showed none of the Nudono's expressions either. It had been a careful process being amongst people of different culture, being loyal to complete strangers but in the end it should have a good end result. Still, the numbers the Nudono chieftain lost to get this far lingered in his mind until the pilot spoke aloud. 

"Eight minutes till contact." The pilots voice boomed and the trio sat straight and trained their focus on the mission. If it was a battle then Vox knew his men longed for such a thing. To his right, the soldier had two Maulers, two Spikers and three spike grenades clearly poised for close quarters combat. To his left, the soldier had a Puncture Rifle and a Spiker with various clips and protected strands of Puncture ammo, two incidiary grenades and a medical kit on his waist. Vox himself had his trusty sword, a Puncture Rifle, several spike grenades and a Spiker. The three appeared ready for war, but who was to blame them in the trying times? Better to be ready for nothing then not be ready for something. 

Edited by Vox

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

Nia was silent for the rest of the walk. It wasn't that she didn't have anything to say in response, only that she didn't know how to say it without touching a nerve. She'd never med people like Beth, or Mjan, or Kel before. Her life at home had been largely secluded. Her friends were her books and her research was her hobby. She'd never needed to meet anyone else aside from quick, formal meetings whenever her Father had come with guests or her mother had attended a meeting, the latter of which she stopped going to at a young age. She had known that would change upon joining the Jedi order, but she didn't expect it to happen so suddenly. 

"I'm sorry for your losses, Lieutenant."

She spoke quietly, and then was silent once more as they reached Mjan and he began his lecture. She listened aptly- she knew little of the Jedi, and any teaching that that he gave to the pilot were lessons she'd do well to take in as well.

"I have a question, master. If the Jedi are supposed to reject attachments, why was my father allowed to have a family?" she asked.

nnia.png

He needed more power. It was on his mind even as he slept. There was no rest for him, not when he could feel so much more connected with the galaxy now that he had returned to it's core. But in order to gain power he needed the knowledge of the sith, and the only place to find a sith holocron was deep in the fortress of those who would deny him access. There had to be another source, another way, another-

He searched the memories of the one called Fynn, careful to avoid the nagging images of former friends and sickening relations of the pitiful weakling. Faces and feelings were pushed aside, he sat up concentrating on the past, images, conversations, fragments from the broken mind of the disgusting former jedi he'd been.

“What are you doing Fynn?” the face of Darex Travelian came to him unwanted. The apparition floated there, a projection of his former memory.

“Be quiet! You are a phantom, a pest, nothing more, I don't need you.” Kern grumbled. 

“You were once a good friend, I know you can't have forgotten all that we-

"Get out of my head you eternal-!" 

He stopped mid-sentence, his rage subsiding as he realized he had most of the answer in that one word.

“What?” Darex seemed puzzled, as Kern got up from his bed triumphantly.

“Eternal what? Fynn... what are you saying?” Darex inquired.

“Eternal...that's it, that's what you were hiding. All these years, all of that power at my grasp. I've been such a fool. Turns out I did need you Darex. When I'm murdering your brethren, I'll be sure to give you your due. Oh... and give Darla my love in hell.” Kern said to the face of Darex that twisted into a mangled howl and was silenced.

Finally after what seemed an eternity, he found it. A reference to the Sith Holocrons stolen by various jedi, and kept under lock and key in... in... the full name eluded him. Eternal... eternal-

...--...

“Knock-knock” Kern loomed at the entrance to Yava's quarters. He smiled gently at the woman as she got up from the table where'd she'd been reading.

“Are you ok Fynn? Did you need something?”, his unsuspecting comforter asked worriedly.

“Me, no... well. There was something. I have this memory in mind of where I came from.” He said as if coming to a stunning revelation. She was such a fragile thing. He could her vibrance through the force, it would so easy to break-

“It's coming back? Thank goodness, it means you're getting better.” she stood and came to his side,

“Yes, I can feel it too.” He forced a smile, while swallowing an urge to remove her head from it's shoulders to stop her incessant chattering.

“Have you heard of a ship called the eternal... the eternal...?” he repeated himself in a wounded way.

“The Eternal Vigilance? The jedi supership?”

“Yes! That's the one. The Eternal Vigilance... I need to get back there.” Kern announced urgently.

“Oh wow... are...are you a jedi then?” She asked this as she looked over his odd garb.

“No, but I think I was working for them, secretly? Maybe It'll come back to me when we get there.”

“We passed the ship a month or so back, but I don't think we can get there anytime soon,” Yava said shaking her head.

“I know I need to get there, Yava, you have to help me, lives could be at stake.” Kern said earnestly, he was readying to slaughter them all, he could feel his anger rising. He preffered to keep them as cover, but he was too close now to his goal to be turned aside.

"We can ask the captain, maybe work something out." Yava said after a moments hesitation.

“I certainly hope so, I feel that if I were to fail, many people could be lost.” He said urgently. Picturing just how quickly he could end the life on board if he desired too.

...--...

“I wish we could help Mr. Relmis, but it's impossible. Even if we had the fuel, which I don't think we do, our clients on Corellia would never agree to the delay.”

“I understand captain.” Kern said, happy that the cover of his former self was holding.

“But I could forward a message to joint Jedi Imperial command, let them know the situation.”

“No, I think whatever it was classified, very hush hush. You'd better stay in comm silence about it, the last thing I'd want to do is bring Sith or something worse down on you”

“Worse then Sith? Is that possible?” Yava said worriedly.

“You have no idea.” Kern said seriously.

...--...

Kern waited patiently for the crew to fall asleep. He needed cover for what he was doing, and a good and honest freighter wouldn't be as quickly suspected as one with unknown registry. He approached the bridge after disabling the internal sensors, and in short order locked them all in their cabins, so as to not be interrupted.

The bridge was full of monitors and sensors, and most importantly logs. It took an hour to review them, but soon enough he came upon it, the sensor log of a large dormant vessel. One that the ships sensors identified as the Eternal Vigilance. He'd expected to find it humming with life, but when the ship had passed the vessel so months earlier, it read almost no activity.

To think that for years a source of more power lay within his memory, it was almost to perfect. He had but to reach out and take it.

Punching in the coordinates to the Nav computer, Kern turned the lumbering Action V Corellian freighter to a new heading and made the jump to light speed a moment later.

<<exit to Eternal Vigilance>>

Edited by Fynn Relmis

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Beth spoke to her remaining Templars for a few minutes before heading aft to meet again with the two Jedi. She forced herself to play her calm demeanour as she saluted Mjan. 

“Sir, respectfully, that is why training exists. You overcome emotions by force of habit and maneuver. I saw many friends die in the last few months and you cannot let that deter you from the mission at hand. It hurts, a lot. But it is better to have friends and lovers and loose them, then to never have had them at all.”  

She grinned a sloppy lopsided grin.

“Sorry I was rude and direct back there.”

THe hyperspace alert sounded for their arrival at Ord Mantell

“But spast to your unemotional lack of attachment. It ain’t healthy for anyone.”

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

Mjan gazed softly at Nia as she poised her question, the realization of his words upon her own situation causing him to feel remorse and regret for even having brought it up in the first place. But now that he had, there was no turning back. He smiled a soft smile and placed his hands upon her head with genuine care as his gaze shifted back between her and Beth as he spoke.

"Its not that we aren't allowed, but it is a dangerous path to walk. When my Master had me research the Order to understand it, I came across quite a few marriages within the Order." His face contorted briefly as he searched for his next words carefully as to not cut her already sensitive nature. "There was one family in particular that I came across that spoke the very danger of which I speak, and that was Master Aryian and Armiena Darkfire, the latter of which was at one time a Grandmaster of the Jedi. There was a Sith by the name of Vladimir Faust who constantly used one to get to the other simply out of spite, and from what I gathered, it didn't end well, causing the two to walk separate paths to protect the child they had."

He sighed, removing his hand and hoping she would gather the intent of his words as he turned to Beth as the Klaxons resounded around them, the brief and subtle lunge of exiting hyperspace shifting beneath their feet. "Forgive me. I am just weeks out of my training as a Jedi, and I only speak of what I was taught. I am nearly as new to this as Nia here, so i will trust in your words and guidance as you have experienced more than either of us combined."

Turning once more to Nia, attempting to reassure the young Nautolan with his gaze, he spoke to both her and Beth without removing his gaze. "I suppose that I still have much to learn as well. Shall we learn it together?"