Space

Ary the Grey

A passenger transport ship enters the space above Naboo and sets off. On it are a beautiful young woman and her droid, an R2 unit. There is nothing particularly special. She wears long, dusky blue pants and a cream colored tunic on top. She wears a navy blue robe with a hood, which is currently pulled back. Beneath the robe there is a satchel filled with supplies and money. Her long brown hair is pulled back into a pony tail worn high on the head with three braids coiled about it. She tries to relax as the ship begins its journey to Coruscant. Delicately--and very carefully she begins to reach out in the force, trying to go unnoticed.

"There is still hope."

KrissiKenobi25copy.jpg

Aerec's lip twitched slightly upwards on the right side, and he felt his eye twinkle. Something had clicked. "Yes, Master, it does," he said, feeling rather confident. I can do that, he told himself, then repeated it aloud just for reinforcement's sake.

"The only real things I've ever wanted are survival and the acceptance of a family," Aerec said. "Those things are natural now. When I met Faust, he tempted me with power and fame, but those things had never really crossed my mind. I was curious about him, about things unknown, so curious that I almost couldn't turn him down. I'm still curious. Now that survival and love are givens in my life, the only thing I want is to know more. But I've already made the choice to have patience about my curiosity. So, what's left? What do I desire now?"

It was the answer that made him smile, the answer that the Jedi author had to learn while getting his butt whooped with a stick. "Nothing."

"It seems like the lesson has a lot to do with living in the moment, right? And right now, the moment is good to me. So, I can live in it. I can surrender, as if this moment was all I had. Am I on the right track?"

Darex grinned. "Yes, you're right. Living in the moment has a lot to do with it. Making this moment count as much as possible; being focused on doing the will of the Force."

He was glad it made sense to the padawan. He felt like Aerec had taken a leap over an invisible hurdle. He motioned to the datapad. "Keiran continues. When he recorded this next entry, he had just gotten back from talking with his master, Luke Skywalker."

He pushed the button on the datapad to play the entry aloud so that Darex and Aerec could listen to it together.

"'If you believe, you open a way for the Force to come through you,' Luke had said.

'The idea that I had to first feel the Force before I could employ it made me reevaluate what I had learned so far. Luke had also said that prior to what we had tried earlier we had only been using the Force passively, to enhance our senses. This made me wonder if I had been tapping the reservoir of Force energy that my body produced. It occurred to me that each living creature generated enough of the Force to keep them aware of and in touch with the world, but to push beyond that required an expanded flow of energy.

'It required tapping into the Force itself. Luke had said that I had to believe, but that meant letting go of my doubts. This brought me back to the realization that my doubts were part and parcel of who I was, and unless or until I push beyond them, I would be blocked from access to the Force. I felt as if I had to sacrifice myself to be able to feel the Force and use it, and yet I did not want to do that."'

Darex paused the recording. "The next part of this bears a little introduction. Keiran is going to talk about some old friends of his who sacrificed their lives in the early days of the Alliance."

That explained, he let the recording continue.

'Still, my little chamber reeked of sacrifice. The names sunk into the stone made that crystal clear. Porkins and Biggs had died at Yavin, sacrificing all they were and could ever be. Wedge's life had been sacrificed to the Rebellion; his dreams deferred, his access to a life others would consider normal denied. And if I included Luke in the group, he was left with a mission to recreate an order of peacekeepers that his father had destroyed, to be able to rebuild a galaxy his father had helped take apart.

'Suddenly my room became cloying and close. Here three men had vowed to put an end to the Empire or to die. Knowing less about their probable futures than I did about mind, having lived less of a life than I have lived, they made their choice; and a similar choice was asked of me. And my choice was easier, since all I needed to let go of were my preconceptions and prejudices, not my flesh and blood and brains and life.

'I have to stop thinking and feel. I have to let go...Maybe Coruscant's sun will go nova before I can do that.

'I knew my fear of change was silly. Intellectually I could see my transition as that of an insect moving from one life stage to another. The creature was the same, had the same genetic code, but moved into a phase that it greater abilities. In my case the greater abilities would bring with them greater responsibilities.'"

The recording stopped there. "What are your impressions, Padawan? I know that was probably a little confusing, given as it relates to things you have not heard about and events you don't know, but look past that. What is the point Keiran is trying to make? What is the essence of what he realizes here?" Darex let the question hang.

Edited by Guest

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Darla laughed.

"I might not be able to cook, but I can brew coffee."

Darla had never been much of a cook. Her culinary skills were nothing compared to Skye's. Once they had finished eating, Darla left Aerec and Darex alone. While Darex imparted his wisdom to his Padawan, Darla made her way to the cockpit. It was decided that they were heading to Ilum and she needed plot the final few jumps to get them there.

The way her friend had dealt with news of the bounties had made Darla more at ease. Darex had been calm and confident, taking the news in his stride. She was still worried for everybody, but felt a little calmer knowing that Darex didn't seem worried at all. Darla wondered how he did it. She too had been a Jedi once. But she had never mastered her will like Darex, she had never found the inner calm that he seemed to radiate.

It seemed that without the Force in her life she was considerably calmer. She had been so much more in control of her feelings and reactions without the Force flowing through her. When she had been connected to the Force she had felt everything so vibrantly, her own feelings, the feelings of everybody around her. Now she felt a kind of peace. Perhaps she really was better of without the Force.

The few times that she had felt it in her new body had been traumatic and unpleasant.

Darla spent a little time in the cockpit making sure that there couse was safely plotted out then made her way back to Darex and Aerec. They were listening to the account of a Jedi, one of Luke Skywalker's apprentices. Darla was fairly familiar with the stories of Luke Skywalker. As a young girl she had avidly watched holovids of his heroics. But much of what she had seen had been fiction, not what had really happened.

Darex seemed to have happened across the real account of a Jedi. Darla only caught the end of the recording, realising that Darex was trying to teach Aerec something from the other man's tale.

After waiting for a quiet moment, Darla spoke up.

"Course is all set. We sound arrive at Ilum pretty soon."

Rannrsig.jpg

Aerec thought, then questioned himself for thinking. Should I be feeling? he asked inwardly. Then he realized that his questioning was taking him even further into his thinking patterns that he had originally started with, hence taking him away from feeling. It was a bit confusing, but then he simply spoke the answer that had first come to mind when Darex had asked.

"I have to let go of myself, right?" Keiran had let go of his dreams of heroism. He had spoken of people who had given up their entire lives. "Is being a Jedi simply about sacrifice?" If it was, could Aerec really do that? He'd never been confronted with something that big before. He didn't know where to begin.

"Belief and sacrifice? I can do the belief thing, but how much sacrifice are we talking here? I'm sure I could sacrifice myself for people I loved or for things I believed in, but I'm still not sure what being a Jedi means, and I don't know how to sacrifice myself for that. Are those doubts I have to get rid of to be a Jedi?"

Skye had gotten changed, wearing a set of deep blue trousers, matching shirt and gleaming black boots. She had it topped with a midnight blue hooded cloak trimmed with silver, her auburn hair loose. This was a totally different look to what she normally wore, having kept with the colours of Healer white or the traditional Jedi robes. Her hair had always been worn back from her face, tied up so that it wouldn't get in the way.

Flitter finished with the appearance of Serenity, once the droid was safely inside they made the last jump to Coruscant. The ship now had the appearance of an ordinary freighter with the registration of "Sun Dancer."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darex looked up at Darla. "Thanks, Darla." He motioned for her to sit down, if she wanted to sit in on the conversation.

He then turned back to his padawan. "Essentially, yes, being a Jedi is about sacrifice. You have to be willing to give up everything for 'the greater good'. Even your friends, your family, your life. Now that doesn't mean that you will be called upon to give up those things, but you need to be able to do it if the time comes."

He leaned back in his chair again. He didn't know how to put into words what exactly it meant to be a Jedi. He had told Aerec what it meant to him, and how he viewed it, but that wasn't making sense to the young man before him. "In a sense, to sacrifice yourself for the idea of being a Jedi is to be willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to see that justice is done."

He knew there was only so much he could tell Aerec. A lot of it Aerec had to live and see and experience. That was, he reflected, another good reason to go to Ilum. The caves there were incredible at revealing things about oneself in a different light than the Jedi had looked at them before.

"Doubts will always be there. It's natural when you have faith in something to experience doubt occasionally. But there will be times that to follow the will of the Force, you have to be completely confident that you're hearing it correctly. But no, you don't have to rid yourself completely of doubts to be a Jedi."

FDY9u6P.png

Skye Organa received a message from Armiena Darkfire.

”œSkye, you've got a new patient. Malin””Malin, I hope you realize I can hear every word of what you're saying back there! Sorry. Malin went on a personal crusade and took a beating. Pharazon literally tore his arm off. I've got the arm under stasis, but I can't fix this kind of damage myself. I need to speak to your son anyway””can you meet us at Hoth?”

drayyy.png

Malin hovered in the background, watching as Armenia performed the Morichro technique. Malin often employed meditative trances, but this was at a level of depth he never considered. He tries to follow, but instead uses one of those aforementioned trances to mediate with the Force and gain clarity.

As Armenia heard Malin's simple appraisal of her, Malin in turn heard the summary of his actions. A personal crusade, she called it, but it was hardly that. Granted, Malin's own feelings and sense of justice demanded that Ar-Pharazon be brought down, but he was more than a Jedi, he also owed a duty to the Blademaster Order, and the guiding spirits in the Force that governed it. To that end, Malin followed their orders as an executioner of the unjust, seeking out the Galaxy's worst sinners.

Still, if Malin had not been so determined, would all those innocents have died? He justified the price of stopping Ar-Pharazon against the collateral damage, knowing the Sith would, could do such carnage just for sport. The pursuit gave some meaning, some hope it would end. At least, it would have if Malin had stopped the Sith.

The trance is broken by a baby's wail, causing one of Malin's own baby blue eyes to open, his head turned to verify what that sound was. He watched Armenia hurry past, and gives a small smile. New life was truly worth celebrating, worth protecting. Malin wondered why he never felt any concern about fathering children, having dismissed that possibility flat out. Besides the absolute certainty he would kill any woman he tried coupling with, the possibility of passing on his curse was too much.

"When you have the chance," he calls to Armenia, "I need to have a word with you alone." The results of his raid on the Sith Temple, from its destruction, the ravaging of Coruscant's traffic, to the attack on Black Sun, to the fall of the Senate all had fallout that could still impact the Jedi for both good and ill.

With that, Malin resumes his meditation. Oddly enough, he could still feel the missing arm, even at the deepest part of it.

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Arlan was still fooling around with the two lightsabers when he heard Armiena's son, Aidan, start to cry. He turned both of the weapons off and put them back into his backpack, and pushed it underneath the bed. He wandered out of the dormitory to see where his Master was.

As he walked across the Ghost Breath, he spotted Malin in the cargo hold. He seemed to be in some sort of trance, sitting down with his eyes closed. His face showed no emotion, yet he seemed to be at peace, despite his arm having been severed so recently.

Arlan decided not to intrude on the man, so he started to make his way from the doorway of the cargo hold, being careful as to not disturb Malin in his meditative state.

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

"Even when I was knighted a Jedi, I was still full of doubt." Darla spoke up, remembering.

Had her doubt been her downfall? Was that why she had fallen, died. It was hard for her to remember still. So many memories had returned to her, but that one was still a mystery.

"A small level of doubt is good. It will keep you questioning things, it will keep you learning things. A Jedi must never cease to learn or question the Force."

Darla hoped that she was being helpful, but she felt that perhaps you was just finding a way to justify her own doubts. Her own doubts that sometimes seemed insurmountable.

The ship's proximity alarm began to beep, letting them know that they would soon be dropping out of hyperspace.

"You boys better dress up warm." Darla smiled as she got up to find something warm to wear herself.

Rannrsig.jpg

"Thanks," Aerec said to Darla's reassurances about his doubt. It would be difficult for Aerec to completely purge himself of those. He didn't know if he ever could. Minimize them, sure, but get rid of them completely?

And there he was doubting again. He gave himself a small mental kick, but also chuckled. He knew he didn't have to be perfect. He wanted to be, but he could still laugh at some minor faults. "I think it's making more sense," he said to his Master.

"So, what's Ilum like?" the padawan asked as they burst into the system.

((answer my question in the Ilum thread!))

Void. A pure emptiness defines the vacuum of space... A great nothing prevails. In many directions light could travel unimpeded a hundred million years before it hit anything. Galaxies of matter spin through this void. The universe contains these galaxies through its iron grip on time. As time travels the universe expands. The expansion continues bringing the galaxies closer together, while at the same time lowering the total density of the universe.

It's an immense nothing. For instance, if one were to say travel at the speed of light, something which is impossible, and say one was off by half a degree, in one second that person would be 5232 Km away from there. Stars are light-years apart. Some are hundreds of light-years. If the person from the previous example had the same error over a light-year, he would be 165 billion Km away from his goal... That's a long way.

Fortunately sentients have the option to not travel through space. Instead they choose to hurl themselves into a place of nonexistence. We fly through a place that has no space, no time, no being. Our ships accelerate to increase their mass. As our ability to bend space increases with our ever increasing mass, it becomes easier to rip out of it.

With no space to travel through, with no time or mass or density to limit velocity, the speed of light becomes more of a suggestion. The Galaxy, a hundred and twenty light-years across, could be crossed in a couple of months.

As stars stretched a small burst of gamma radiation signaled the departure of the Jedi shuttle from the Gala system. With a hyperdrive two points past light, it was one of the higher, legal, civilian models. It would take about twice as long as military standard to cross the void. Hence in about a week and a half, the shuttle would once again become part of the known universe. Two and a half weeks, moving far faster than the speed of light, it is vitally important that the ship moves through the right course. Hyperspace lanes exist for a reason.

*The stars swirled and stretched. Blue shifting they became a bright tunnel. In the absence of space, most creatures find the view... nauseating. Galen watched in fascination. He had spent two years mostly in hyperspace, so it no longer bothered him... He looked up at Reptilia,*

"Course is plotted. ETA, 907,200 seconds..."

*Galen shifted the display on the navicomputer.*

"Ah, here we go, about ten and a half days with two stops to realign the course."

*Galen's fur began to return to cream beneath the soot. Looking down he then suddenly released his crash webbing, and dropped to the floor, making his way back to the small shipboard refresher. Water is a precious substance. Here Galen found a sonic shower. The micro pulses removed the remnants of the fire. They flowed to a catcher that removed the offensive material. The Kushiban tossed his blue traveling robe into the laundry chute. In an hour it too would be good as new. Greatly missing the luxury of a simple stream Galen walked back up to the cockpit. He jumped back into the copilot's seat. Once again looking up at the towering Kel Dor the Kushiban asked,*

"How did you move that water around without touching it back on Gala?"

GalenSig2copy.jpg

"How did you move that water around without touching it back on Gala?"

The question went through my head a few times, I almost replied a couple times but I stopped myself.

"I don't know. I concentrated and tried to feel the force, like what Master Kirlocca said. The first few times I tried I messed up but I guess practice makes perfect." I replied

"So where are we stopping?" I asked.

repsisig.png

"I don't know. I concentrated and tried to feel the force, like what Master Kirlocca said. The first few times I tried I messed up but I guess practice makes perfect."

"So where are we stopping?"

*Galen consulted the navicomp...*

"I do not know... There are no names, only coordinates... The first one corisponds to a system. It must be devoid of life, and probably unremarkable to earn nothing more than a survey number. The second stop looks to be in deep space. That is, it's far outside of any systems."

*Galen expanded the map and touched a few keys. Now thousands of points dropped to hundreds. He narrowed the criteria to those that fell along the route. Now only a few appeared. Tapping at one about midway through Galen looked back up to Reptilia.*

"That's probably why. That looks like a protostar. Nasty little bugger. It isn't too dense, so we could fly right through. They sometimes have debries or asteroids floating through. Not to mention a bunch of dust. The mass shadows caued by the asteroids can knock a pilot out of hyperspace. Since the dust absorbs sensors, it is out of the way, and the asteroids are never in the same place twice, we are simply going around... It is a good place to hide."

*Galen's fur turned brown as he reflected.*

"At the time we were being chased by a group of pirates. We made a few microjumps through a protostar. It worked, but only after we used our shields to superheat the cor of an asteroid. It blew. The explosion knocked some of the asteroids in to a different orbit. We then made a few microjumps out..."

*The kushiban paused,*

"We never did know what happened after we jumped, but the consensus was that they were thrown off by the sudden change of the dust and asteroids. It kinda made us harder to track."

*Galen sat for a while. Then he regarded Reptilia again.*

"Could I learn to do that?.. To move things that is."

GalenSig2copy.jpg

"Well, we will probably learn to do it... but to a greater degree during our training."I said "Its hard to do for me at this point"

"Excuse me" I said as I got up and went to the refresher. When I came back I looked around a little bit. I hope we didn't get into anything dangerous because I couldn't find any training sabers or firearms.

When I came back I sat down and looked into space, its weird ti think of how small you are compared to everything else. It really puts things into perspective.

repsisig.png

After we jumped into hyperspace, I had remained sitting quietly in the copilot's seat. I idly listened to Galen and Reptilia chatting, but my mind was on other things.

Eventually I went to the galley and prepared some rations for the three of us. Handing them out, I munched on the bad flight food. Space travel was a waiting game, and eventually I would begin to feel claustrophobic.

Over the next several days, I spent a lot of time on my own. I did some reading, and used the main hold as an excersize room every morning. One of the negatives about space travel was the natural degredation of muscle tissue, and I always did what I could to prevent that.

By the end of the trip, I was ready to get off this blasted shuttle. The proximity warning sounded like a welcoming trumpet to my ears as I joined Reptilia and Galen in the cockpit for our descent to Aracoun Morian.

When we dropped out of hyperspace, my breath caught in my throat. The planet seemed...oddly different than any other planet I had seen. I had no idea why I got that feeling. Perhaps it was only because I now had some access to the Force--I had practiced diligently during the journey--but the planet seemed to have an aura around it. I was extremely curious about why that was, but knew it could only be discovered on the planet's surface.

"Take her down, boys," I said, a smile lighting my face once more.

((Sorry for the time lapse, but let's get on with this. Continue in the Aracoun Morian thread...))

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Serenity/Sun Dancer made several random hyperspace jumps to mask where she was headed to. The last thing they wanted was for Ar-Pharazon to learn where there was a concentration of Jedi.

During the flight, Skye left the cockpit to shower and get changed back into her white healer robes. She felt much better for it, though still spent some time meditating before she returned to the cockpit for the final jump.

[Hoth thread]

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The extraterrestrial vessel hovered and rotated until it nestled onto a clamped mount. The sound of air whistled and returned to the access strip with a loud bluster, so loud that it could awaken even the deadliest of creatures. Inside of the vessel all was quiet; not so much as a whisper from the AI could be heard, or a click from one of the various dismantled terminals. Ira had been defeated but the man who was restrained with loose wires and run down circuitry seemed to hold a spark of life. He was buried inside his cockpit chair with one arm suspended with a web of cords while the other was pinned down with a sizeable piece of scrap. His conditions were untold, but his appearance seemed beaten. There was still a massive sensation of evil that pooled around this entire air strip; sourced from none other than this ship or the man strapped to it.

The unforeseeable power shuddered loud and the entire ship went dark for a fill of two seconds. Out of the dark of the cockpit, the man came alive. First, he tore his arm loose from the cords and then pushed the piece of scrap from his arm before he even looked upwards. As if on queue, the cockpit lid unfolded and the man now became visible. It was Exodus. He looked tired, disturbed and even pissed off, but not surprised nor scared. He stood up and out of his seat and the fabrics that covered his chest now became apparent, the remains of those fabrics that is. He pulled them off of him in irritation while his eyelids still hung low to show very little emotion. The fresh cuts on his bare skin seemed to seal up long before but still held a fresh coat of blood along their contours.

Where am I now?

He took a step from the cockpit and the vessel as a whole, but rather, he seemed to float. As his feet met the cold floors, a shove of breath leapt into his throat. He paused, looked upwards towards the door and felt someone there. He broadened his horizons and allowed his presence to wash over the entire ship once more and he felt them all. He smiled. If these were his threats, he would have a new ship in no time. A clench of his fist reassured his irrepressible might and he dove into the closest mind.

”œ...Release me.”

P3UXctm.gif

He is not human. What is he? Stop...no...w-what? A titan? A god? He is...I am...I...I am nothing.

"Release me."

He spoke. No, not he. It. It spoke, and Rein felt so ready to obey, so ready to reach up with his hand and tap the console, to let the doors part before this creature that had taken up the mantle of a deity. So it seemed to Rein, and yet the moment his hand moved he began to fight. The issue was, he knew not which part of him fought, or against what that unknown facet of himself waged war. What was the point to such a battle? Surely it was futile. Ultimately, he would realize just what was happening to him, but this was not before his internal struggle became too much for him, and became quite...external. His hand shot up, but his knees buckled at the same moment, and he threw himself back against the wall opposite the door.

"No...no...nnn...why not? He..."

It is all real.

Rein stood. He knew he was not in control. He felt something, something out of place, something out of touch, but most certainly not out of mind. It was like an unwelcome image, or a sensation he did not really care for, like the tingling on the back of the neck or that scent that wrinkles the nose, but cannot be found. The subtle attack of the senses was all he could compare it to, and that was the closest he would get to figuring it out on his own before his eyes met those of the great figure that stood within the confines of the hangar, and then did Rein know. Despite the viciousness of his intolerance for weakness in the past, he knew the difference between weakness due to fear, and weakness only because of the difference in power.

And this was most assuredly the latter, which led Rein to have no issue whatsoever bending beneath the pressure and tapping the console. As the door slid open, he did not move, and perhaps the only thing he could do was stand absolutely still, a feeble portrayal of defiance against a being he could not understand, and could not be expected to understand.

And so it is.

Aerec sighed in relief as the queasy feeling in his gut began to subside. It was like a disease rushing out of him. For a few moments, he forgot everything else. His muscles relaxed and and took deep breaths. "Thank you," he exhaled.

Though they were away from the wreckage of Ilum and the death and horor in the Force, Aerec's demeanor remained negative. He had witnessed the remnants of a world. An entire planet reduced to to asteroids, all of its life gone in a tragic instance.

And Darla had said there were many ways to destroy a world. Perhaps the ignorance of a peasant wasn't so bad after all. Would the Force connect him to this disgusting feeling forever? What planet could he find that would be safe from sudden annihilation?

Aerec was obviously having a hard time dealing with what he had felt at Ilum. The aftershock of the devastation that must have been echoing through the Force. It hadn't been long since he had discovered his Force senses. A lot of things were new to him. Especially feeling such devastation. Really feeling it. Not hearing about it on the holonet. Not glimpsing it from afar. Feeling it through the Force. All that death echoing through his mind.

Darla did not envy the young man at all.

She climbed out of her chair and made her way over to him. Darla gently put a hand on his shoulder, hoping to ease his worries.

"It must be horrible for you... I know. I've felt it before. It'll go away." Even without the Force she could see how worried he was. "Whatever happened there has happened, we're not a part of it and it can't effect us. You just felt the aftershock of it. As a Jedi you'll feel many things through the Force. Especially death and devastation. They had a way of leaving ripples."

This was something that Darla knew all too well.

"You're a good hearted man and I know that you care. But sometimes your going to need to be able to switch that off. Sometimes your feeling can betray you. It's not an easy thing to do. It's something that I've always had difficulty doing. But you've got me and Darex here to help you."

Darla looked at him with a smile.

"Alright?" She asked tentatively hoping her words had been of some comfort.

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex turned from the viewport once they reappeared in deep space. He could feel Aerec's distress, and he wished he could do something to help his padawan. He felt awkward, and was extremely grateful when Darla took over and offered Aerec what comfort she could.

Darex could only nod in agreement with her words. "Rarely will you come across destruction of this magnitude," was all he added. He put a hand on Aerec's shoulder, hoping to convey that he understood and empathized.

((Sorry so short...I have little time right now...))

FDY9u6P.png

Clash drifting through space aimlessly, finally set course for Coruscant.

A good place to find some jobs. Maybe even a good chance for some action.

He got ready for landing by gathering all his weapons up,

The Last Call might be safe but who knows what I'll run into outside.

It was during the down time from a Hunt that the business side of Slicer seemed to surface. He was all business. Be jumping into hyperspace, he checked on his holdings, set up a few deals, some of them running through the rotten moon that the scum of the galaxy some times decided to chill at. Payed a few notices, had a ship ment of droids sent to an off the charts location, and put inthe coordinates for hyperspace.

Before jumping to hyperspace, he loaded up a number of news reports, and grinning to himself, at the sudden plethora of information and bounties that seemed to be out there.

Once in hyperspace however, he settled to work on a different matters. With scalpe and needle, he took blood and tissue samples from the corpse, and logged her genetic profile at both of his databases.

Removing the weapons, he locked them away with the other weapons he took from fallen prey, before returning his attention back on the body. There was both a lot and a little one could do with a body, and he kept strictly to his business, not in the least bit perturbed he was handling a dead body.

When he felt he was finished, he cleaned his insturments, and returned back to his pilot seat.

Dropping out of hyperspace for a course correction, he continued the same business he had done before entering hyperspace. Bought and sold stock and bought a bit of property. Then in a flash he reentered hyperspace. It was time to either drop off the body or pursue the next bounty.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

"All right," Aerec said in response to Darla's advice and Darex's reassurance. But how do I switch off who I am? It seemed that Darla had suggested he do something impossible, to turn off a part of him. If he turned off the part of him that cared about the galaxy, would he lose it?

Darla had ensured that she and Darex could teach him how to do it. If Darex could do it and remain a healthy person, then Aerec could, too. Or could he? Was it possible for him to be like the Jedi Master? Would he ever be half the man?

Ilum had been shattered and along with it, so had Aerec's world. Perhaps the destruction of a world was rare, but was it so rare that Aerec would neve see it again? Too many questions.

He tried to move away from the discord within him. "So, where should we get these crystals?" Aerec said, trying to sound lighthearted. In reality, he was trying not to think of Ilum or the fact that another planet -- Tatooine -- had also been destroyed.

Darex shook his head. Aerec had been more disturbed than he had realized; the boy always paid attention when Darex said something, but obviously he hadn't been listening when they were discussion crystal locations.

He reached out with the Force to his apprentice, enveloping Aerec's conciousness in a form of affection. You will never get used to the pain in the galaxy. The Force gives you a unique perspective on it. You will always feel it, and it will always affect you. But being a Jedi requires acting without letting emotion influence you. His tone grew harsh in Aerec's mind. It's the reason I don't go after whoever destroyed Ilum and give them the punishment they deserve for committing this atrocity. He paused. A Jedi learns to let go and move on, but never to forget. The moment we forget or lessen the evil of an action, we degrade ourselves and those who suffered.

He cleared his throat and let the subject drop. "As far as crystals are concerned, we could go to the Yavin system in hopes of finding a Corusca gem fallen from the gas giant. Or Mon Calamari, to try to convince one of the giant clams of the Bank of Knowledge to give you a pearl. Also if you gain permission from the Ithorians, there are crystals on the planet's surface that make excellent lightsaber crystals. Or, as Darla said, you could make one. It's your choice."

FDY9u6P.png

Move on. Ok, I can move on. Aerec tried to convince himself of that fact. It was a rare occurrence. It might not happen again. In fact, it probably never would, in his life time. There was pain in the galaxy, but there were good things, too. Companionship, for one. I can move on.

But he couldn't forget. He knew he couldn't forget. He hadn't forgotten the pain of his parent's death. He hadn't forgotten the pain at leaving his brother's side. And he would never forget the pain of Ilum. But he didn't have to. He would always remember that horror so that he might one day prevent it.

He moved on. "Mon Calamari," he said, not really knowing why. They'd laid a few options out in front of him, and even though he knew nothing about any of the planets, something about this "Bank of Knowledge" intrigued him. Just the name of the planet sounded fascinating. Giant clams, a bank of knowledge...what new mysteries awaited him in the galaxy. "Let's go see this bank. I think I'd like to open an account."

He smiled. And for the first time since feeling Ilum, it was genuine.

Darla was seriously concerned about landing on such a heavily populated planet. The Calamarians and the Quarrens were of no concern to her, both were generally peaceful races. But being on such a world would surely draw attention to them. Both of her friends still had a bounty on their heads.

"It won't be easy." Darla warned Aerec in a gentle tone. "Don't forget about the bounty on you're head..."

She wasn't going to tell him that it was a bad idea, it was his choice. All she could do was be there and try to make sure any bounty hunters didn't get the chance to harm him or Darex.

"I can lay in the course. You have think about how we're going to get this done." She said looking at Darex. "There must be a way that we can do this by drawing as little attention to ourselves as possible. I haven't been to Mon Cal in a long time, I don't know what the situation's like there at the moment. I'll get Aimee to check the Holonet."

With that Darla made her way to the cockpit to set the hyperspace jumps that would take them to the beautiful water-world of Mon Calamari.

Rannrsig.jpg