Tatooine

RaveN

Turning off the engine as the dust settled around them, Victoria slowly exited the vehicle.

She turned to Ganelon.

"Well, this is it. The coordinates I was given."

Victoria glanced around at the old seemingly vacant sand building. Walking up the steps, she knocked twice and then waited.

A few seconds later a voice from inside yelled, "Who is it?"

Victoria looked down at the words on the napkin.

"A friend about a toad."

A few seconds later, the door was pulled open and a Weequay greeted them. Moving aside for them to enter, Victoria brushed by the alien as she moved into the vacant waiting room. Following as the Weequay's gesture, Victoria took a seat on the dusty sandy colored wall extrusion that constituted a couch. Meanwhile, the Weequay headed up the stairs.

Crossing her legs, Victoria waited.

"This should be interesting. I don't think I've been here before. How ya feeling? Those drink's haven't caught up with you yet have they?" Victoria questioned teasingly.

Victoria nodded.

"Tatooine isn't much my style either. The heat can get unbearable at times."

Coming down from above, a man dressed in a black pinstriped suit trotted down the stairs. Followed by two rodians, the man approached Ganelon and Victoria and bowed slightly.

His Imperial (British) accent shown through as he spoke, "Greetings to my humble abode. I hear you are looking for a toad."

"Yes. We were hoping to locate the Hutts, seeing as their palace has been destroyed."

Nodding, the gentlemen begin to pace thoughtfully, "You see. I find that quite interesting. The Hutts you say? What could you possibly want with the Hutts?"

"To speak with them, of course. What else would we want with the Hutts?"

"I don't know.... maybe to say... KILL THEM!"

At his words the man and the two rodians drew their weapons while Victoria reflexively rose to her feet and did the same.

"You crazy fool! We have no reason whatsoever to hurt the Hutts. We are Link representatives!"

"BAH! This man. He has had dealing with the Empire, has he not? Or do you take us as fools?"

Victoria glared worriedly at Ganelon and then back at the armed group.

At Ganelon's beginning comments, the thug boss found himself looking around nervously. Motioning for one of the rodians to move over to the door, the rodian looked out before turning back the the man. Shaking his head, he returned the the fancily dressed thug's side.

As Ganelon mentioned the Link organization, one of the rodian's whispered into the suited man's ear. He raised an eyebrow as he let Ganelon finish. Ganelon's words caught the thugs by surprise.

It also caught Victoria by surprise, too. Unsure whether or not she wanted to lower her gun and take his arm, she found herself hesitating for a few seconds before she finally did. Following him outside, She quickly got into the speeder and started the engine. All the while, the silent criminals watched on without making a move.

Once on the road back to his vessel, Victoria addressed Ganelon, "I... I don't know what to say. You definitely shut them up. It was scary for a second there, too. I thought we were going to have to fight our way out of there... You did well. You were really good. I don't know what to say."

Victoria laughed a little.

"I mean, phew, that was a close one."

Turning to Ganelon for a second, Victoria smiled, "I guess there is a thing or two I can learn from you, too. Durose was never one for diplomatic negotiations."

Victoria laughed a little to herself.

"You mind, though, if I take you up on that drink aboard your ship? This heat is killing me."

• 13 years later...

It had been a lot of fun getting here. My doppelganger might have disagreed. But I am finally free of him. I have a job to do and then... well... who knows where I might end up going.

Dhonarr of Cathar hums to himself as he taps on the metal surface of the cockpit panel.

“Nannybot 3000! Hey! Where you at! Get over here!”

A few moments later, the TDL Nanny droid enters the YT-2400’s cockpit area. There is a hint of irritation in the droid’s feminine voice as it responds to his summons.

“Master. NAN-3 at your service.”

“What took you so long, 3000?”

“Master, again. That is not my name.”

Dhon spins in his chair and glares at the droid and then at the restraining bolt firmly fastened to her chassis.

“Insubordination! Drop down and give me 20!”

“But Master--”

“20 push ups! Chop chop.”

The droid grumbles under its breath as it begins to do push ups.

“Aloud!”

The droid pauses before resuming, being sure to count out each push up as it performs the motion.

“Okay. Stand on up.”

With the droid back on its feet, Dhon continued, “So you were saying, 3000?”

“How may I serve you, Master?”

“Is dinner ready?”

“Yes, Master. I was able to prepare--”

“Good, good,” Dhonarr interrupts. “Can you bring it here?”

Before the droid can respond, Dhon abruptly interrupts, “Wait! What am I doing? I mean, bring it here at once, 3000!”

The droid pauses. Then it woddles off, “As you wish, Master.”

“Droids. Got to love um. But not the most reliable pets...”

Pausing to look over the readouts, Dhon grins for a second, “Hmmm. Let me see. We should be dropping out of hyperspace in...”

Suddenly the ship pops out of hyperspace, the planet of sandy dunes and shady characters now in full view.

“Now! Bingo!” Dhon laughs. “I’m getting good at this, baby!”

Giving the air a “high five,” Dhon begins to plot a course towards the planet. He and Ro had done enough legwork beforehand to locate the cloning facility that Rose had used to make her most recent clone.

“Follow the money as they say. And to think...a hidden Black Sun facility! Sounds fancy. Who’d have guessed. On a slum like Tatooine, no less. But then again, where aren’t the Black Sun?”

As NAN-3 enters with a plate of food, Dhon spins around in his chair and grins, “How about you, 3000?”

“Master?”

“Na. You wouldn’t have guess either, 3000. Fortunately, our big daddy is Black Sun. And I got his memories.”

If a droid could give a look of utter confusion, Nan-3 face would currently be showing exactly that expression.

“Master?”

“Don’t worry your pretty little chassis, 3000! It’s an old code but it will surely get their attention and I know how to ping them.That’s what they call it nowadays, right?”

“Call what, Master?”

“Nevermind. You know what I mean...”

“Master, I am not familiar with--”

“Sorry. I keep thinking I’m talking to a person, 3000. That’s the thing about wilderness living, 3000. You get used to talking to yourself. Or a pet if you are lucky. It helps you think, you know.”

“Whatever you say, Master.”

Dhon dives into his plate of food, scooping in a few mouthfuls before continuing, “Whuff omm trienn tu swae ss wiff linna nish tu hov shoo aroun.”

“Master, I do not believe I am versed in that dialect.”

Dhon begins to laugh, almost choking on his food in the process. He is thrown into a coughing fit as the droid seemingly stands there in amusement, making no attempt to help him or pat him on the back. After he finally stops coughing, Dhon hands NAN-3 his half eaten plate of food. His eyes are watering a little from all the coughing as he wipes his braided beard.

“Make yourself useful, 3000, and take this back to the galley. I got some real people work to do.”

“As you command, Master.”

Spinning back around in his seat, Dhon takes over the controls as he types in a message for the Black Sun Facility on an encoded channel.

Spoiler

Message From TXV2849:
Howdy, Black Sun Facility. I happen to have a delivery for a Black Sun operative that has recently been parted with her property. I would like clearance to land at the facility. Awaiting further instructions.

Durose Roshan Out.

As Dhon’s vessel breaks Tatooine’s atmosphere, he grins.

“Well, 3000,” he mumbled to himself, “The job is almost over and we have a new fancy ship to call my own... even if the ‘Rose’s Gambit’ is one of the silliest, weird names I’ve ever heard. I swear that Watcher has got a screw loose. But I guess that loose screw helped me get a beaut’ like this baby! So you won’t see me complaining!”

Yelling down the corridor, Dhon directs his comment towards the droid that is long gone by now, “Right, 3000!”

He laughs loudly for a moment before a wide smirk wriggles across his face and his eyes squint ever so deviously.

“Right.”

___
dhon1.jpg

Edited by Durose Roshan

Dhonarr grins as the transmission comes back. The Black Sun were nothing if not prompt and reliable. Redirecting his YT-2400 to the new heading, the vessel coasts past the sand dunes of Tatooine towards the new destination.

"There is an intriguingly barren nature to this world, almost as if there are mysteries hidden underneath every grain of sand. Perhaps that is why the scum and villainy of the galaxy love it so much. It certainly can't be the sand or the view," Dhon finishes with a laugh.

Setting down the vessel within walking distance of the Anchorhead Black Sun Outpost, Dhon prepares to disembark.

"Now remember, 3000. If anyone comes a knockin', you are to alert me immediately. And if you can't reach me... hunker down and attempt to reach me every 5 minutes until I return or they leave."

"Master, where should I hunker down? And if I 'hunker down' how will I know when they have left?"

Dhon waves his hands around in frustration.

"I'm not supposed to do your job for you! You are a droid! Use your fancy computertry and figure it out."

"Mast--"

Dhon points at her forcefully, "And don't even start with me about 'computertry' not being a word or some nonsense. I'm not an idiot! I know what I mean. My basic is just a little rusty. It's been a while since... well... you know what I mean..."

"Master, perhaps it would be easier for you to explain it to me in Catharese?"

Dhon laughs, "Ha! And deprive myself of all this valuable practice?! Don't be silly, 3000. You just take care of ole' Flower's Gambit and I'll be back in no time."

"Flower's Gambit, Master?"

"Yeah. The Ship! Daisy's Gambit. Flower's Gambit--"

"Rose's Gambit?"

"See! You know what I mean," Dhon exclaims as he walks down the ramp. "I'll be back, 3000. Just sit tight."

Reaching the bottom of the ramp, Dhon lifts the Mandalorian helmet in the air and waves with it. Small particles of dust kick up into the air as the ships ramp begins to lift. Coughing a little, Dhon begins his short trek to meet his Black Sun contact. Geared up in his personally crafted chitin armor and with his Cathar Honor Sword propped up against his shoulder, the over-sized 6'8 Cathar looks imposing enough that he doesn't expect any bandits or raiders will attempt to jump him along the way.

"Well buddy, ole pal... it's showtime," he says as he wiggles his shoulders up and down a little.

Craning and cracking his neck to the left and then to the right, Dhon walks several more steps before pulling some grains of sand from between his beard and spitting at the breeze.

"Note to self," he mumbles as he nears his destination, "I'm setting up a betting pool that Operative Dusk is either a dark skinned Zabrak with an eating disorder or an undersized Jawa with a lisp. If I'm right, I treat myself to a night out when this is all over. If I'm wrong..."

Dhon pauses for a second to think about it. After a few more seconds, he shrugs.

"I don't know. I buy Dusk a drink or something. Watch him, her be something or someone who can't drink," he chuckles to himself as to approaches the coordinates and waits the arrival of the mysterious Operative Dusk. "If so, Urbax, I owe you a nice little polish. How about that? Deal?

Pausing for a second or two, he finally nods contently to himself.

"Deal!"

___

image.png.2b9b106a57351a659b6a5b072f244ed4.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

"Looks like you owe me a drink, stranger."

Dhon is a bit startled as the random woman reveals herself. He looks overs both of his shoulders before turning back towards her with a frown.

"And you are?"

"Operative Dusk at your service. My name doesn't match, but it works. It was given to me due to how I shine beneath the moonlight... or at least part of it."

Dhon mumbles under his breath in response, "Well, I don't know if I'd go that--"

"So they tell me that you're here to deliver the belongings of an operative. Which operative do you speak of?"

"Listen here, Twilight. First of all, for all I know, you are a tall Jawa with a lisp because well," he motions towards his mouth as he wiggles his index finger. "That definitely doesn't sound that proper basic and obviously you had a hood. So for all I know, you are what Jawas really look like under their hoods and you kick out the midgets of your kind to fend for themselves with their little midget part salvaging colonies...

Dhon pauses to think for a second before pulling at the braided hair on his chin, "Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen-seen a Jawa. So I might be on to something. Funny thing, though. Get this. The operative I'm referring to was supposedly killed by a Jawa! Crazy coincidence, right!"

Dhon shruggles and raises the Mandalorian helmet and wiggles it a little in the air, "Didn't know we had a deep uncover operative working for the Mandalorians. This girl is crazy! Like seriously. But good at her job I take it? She's got this flower name. I keep forgetting it. Hold on a second..."

Dhon twists the helmet and looks on the back of the helmet where the former Watcher of the Link left a piece of tape and a name, "Rose Car-eye-Aye-dus. I think I'm pronouncing that right. I don't know what her fancy operative name is but I do have her agent ID number written down on a piece of paper if that helps any."

As he finally stops long enough to let the operative speak, Dhon stabs his honor sword into the ground and pulls a small slip of paper out of the utility belt around his waist and offers it to Dusk. The code Ro found and gave him was authentic as far as either of them could tell and it had led them this far, so Dhon is confident that offering the information might help clear up any further questions regarding who this "Rose" person might be.

___
image.png.677a46af1f096d1f5b7538c37cf2a34a.png

Edited by Durose Roshan
  • Haha 1

"My. You're a funny little kitty, aren't you?" 

Dhon straightens up a little at her comment, puffing out his chest to emphasize the full extent of his rather athletically, muscular 6’8 frame.

“I guess if it’s opposites day... so are you, Operative Sunrise,” he mutters briefly.

"I know of who you speak. She's recently return to our fold so to speak. I can take you to her.... if that is your wish?"

“That’s the mission. I clearly didn’t come all this way to admire the sand and exchange limericks,” Dhon responds with a little sarcasm in his tone.

Pulling his Honor Sword from the ground with a firm yank, Dhon moves towards the speeder that the Black Sun operative points out.

"Its but a half a day's ride from here, over Tusken territory and across the Dune Sea."

“Hmph.”

"Perhaps you'll get to see what a Jawa looks like if we meet any to trade with in our journey."

Dhon finds himself rather amused by the thoughts that cross his mind as he climbs into the speeder. He barely manages to keep himself together long enough to reply. 

“Why? Do you plan to go find one of their midget colonies and taunt them by not trading the Jawas this diamond in the rough? From the looks of it, they might pay us not to trade them this buck of bolts and never return!”

Breaking into a fit of momentary laughter, he calms down long enough to add, “I’m ready to go when you are, Sunshine. But remind me... how many hours are in a Tatooine day?”

___

image.png.9251483328a5c7c4a674d85e93ad1aa1.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

• 2 weeks later...

"Who do you think I got this gem from?"

Dhon mumbles under his breath, “Well, it sure ain't the Black Sun with as deep as their pockets are.”

"And to answer your question, there are as many hours in the day as the twin suns decide to linger."

Dhon looks over his shoulder at the surroundings around him, then above him to his left and his right. He then stares back at Operative Dusk.

“Nope. Still not seeing the memo about opposites day. I’m glad they sent me Operative Helpful to answer all my questions. At this point, for all I know... you don’t even work for the Black Sun. I’m being kidnapped and sold to some Tusken raider camp or something. I was reading some pretty crazy stories about that on my way here. People disappearing in the desert. Tusken Raiders paying big money for the flesh of exotic aliens. They are all cannibals, right? How much they pay for someone my size? These muscles aren't nearly as tasty as the more fatty types,” Dhon uttered rhetorically as he took in the sights around him.

He only asked the questions half-jokingly. From all the rumors he gathered in preparation for the trip, Tusken Raiders were known for their improprieties, evil nature, and banditry. They were the boogeymen of the desert. He wouldn’t be shocked if they had couriers intercepting Black Sun and other communications.

“A sucker is born every minute,” Dhon mumbled to himself.

As they began to pick up pace, Dhon moved his arm to shelter his nose and mouth. He had little interest in consuming sand or getting more in his fur than absolutely necessary. It was a dry heat, at least. He liked the dry heat. It reminded him of “home.”

After seemingly ages, they finally arrived at their destination. It was a secret base, befitting a Black Sun facility or a Tusken Raider staging camp.

“Sneeze in my pudding and call it Palpatine! Next you are going to tell me that Rose is right inside them doors, huh, Sunshine,” Dhon whistles as they approach what looks like a Tusken Raider. 

Holding his grip tightly around the Honor Sword resting against his chitin breastplate, he let Dusk (if that was really her “operative name”) do the talking and the introductions. He stood back a ways, judging his surroundings and his odds.

“If you sent me into a trap, Ro... I swear I’m going to kill you,” Dhon grumbled under his breath a little anxiously.

After Dusk was done, the Tusken "leader" turns her attention to Dhon. As the Tusken approaches and speaks, Dhon glances at Operative Dusk out of the side of his eye.

"Welcome. Rose will be out of the refresher in a few moments. So your mission was to return her armor?"

“Heh,” He laughs casually, “Let me guess. And you’d like for me to follow you to wait inside to the next room that happens to be full of a bunch of your friendly Tusken buddies... while we ‘wait’ for ‘Rose’ to return from the refresher? If it’s fine by you, I’ll wait here with Operative Sunshine for the blue flower peddle lady to get done doing whatever she’s supposedly doing.”

Glancing around at the collection of characters assembled, Dhon takes a step back and makes a sweeping gesture with the hand holding Rose’s helmet, “But by all means. Don’t mind me. Feel free to carry on with whatever it is a camp of Black Sun Tusken Raiders and friends normally goes about doing. I'll be right here. I’m sure she will only be a moment.”

Dhon calmly winks at basic-speaking Tusken, but the grip on his weapon tightens ever so slowly. If they are looking to eat him, torture him, or skin him alive, they won’t be getting this meal without a fight.

___

image.png

Dhon taps his foot. He didn't like the prospects of waiting.

"As you wish. Swaav will retrieve the Mandalorian. Feel free to take a seat until she arrives."

"Thanks, doll, but I'll stand."

After the two leave, Dhon shakes his head. More waiting from the looks of it.

"Last time I do one of these stupid errands for the Watcherman. That clone is clearly defective."

Dhon laughs to himself as little as an image suddenly flashes across his mind, "But oh that boy. Googly eyed and all sad and stuff like they were stuck in some tragic holovid soap opera!"

Needless to say, Dhon had hacked into Rose's helmet on his way to Tatooine and watch the footage of the two, despite seemingly promising Ro that he would not. After all, how else will he recognize her when he sees her in person? Of course, what he had found was a treasure trove of entertainment and with the impending arrival of this woman so close at hand and no one else around, Dhon can't help but entertain himself a little while he waits. Mimicking their voices in almost a mocking manner, he retells his favorite scene for his own amusement.

"'Oh no! Help me! I'm a giant having a panic attack!'"

"'No! Don't panic! I am clone, too, Roar roar! You don't have to be alone! We can be clone lovers!'"

"'Wow. We share so much in common now that we are both defective! Let's run off and become Jedi!'"

"'Yay! I can't think of a better group for two defective people to join! We'll be shoe-ins for sure!'"

Dhon slaps his knee, he's laughing so hard.

"Man, oh man."

Clearing his throat, he takes a deep breath before continuing to nervously tap his foot. When the Tusken returned, Dhon is almost in the same exact spot still tapping his foot. If Rose is really here, this Rose lady was testing his patience.  All the same, the Tusken "woman" takes a seat upon a nearby bench as she tries to start up friendly conversation.

"Tell me about yourself?"

"Well, what would you like to know? Worked for the Black Sun in a manner of speaking. Retired in a way of looking at it. Spent a bunch of years back on Cathar. My mom-ish more or less didn't want or need me to watch over her anymore. So I spent some years in the savannas and wilds of Cathar. Killed more than my fair share of bugs and wildlife. Build this fancy custom chitin armor. Learned a few extra survival trades. Got called up to the big leagues to deliver a helmet. And now realized after meeting a Tusken Raider in person for the first time that you guys looks like those cloth dolls that poor children make because they can't afford the real thing. No offense, of course," Dhon adds as he continues to jabber away. "Fashion is one of those subjective things. And I see how that could be intimidating and mistaken for the boogeyman. Like a bunch of moisture farmers are on their way home and they look off in the distance and are like, 'Holy force biscuits! Molly's cloth dolls are robbing the house again! Let's get outta here!'"

Dhon pauses to laugh a little bit at the visual image.

"What I wouldn't give to by a fly on that X-34. But yeah. What about you? Got any good raiding stories from your time as a Tusken Raider?"

___

image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

"You are quite the character. It's a shame we have to eat you now." 

The tapping of Dhonarr’s foot stops. Eyeing the Tusken Raider skeptically, Dhon responds, ever ready for a fight.

“I’ve heard all the stories about you Raiders, doll. The trading in exotic aliens. The cannibalism. The raiding people with harrowing stick weapons. I did my homework. But quite frankly, after meeting one in person I think I can take you. I’ve taken out entire Kiltik nests! Yes. Plural! Trust me. I wouldn’t be worth the meal. My combat training plus these muscles would be stringy and all the fur would get in your mouth and--”

Interrupting him with her sudden outburst of laughter, Dhon gets the sneaky suspicion that the Tusken is either toying with him or is now trying to play off her comments after realizing that the risks of attacking him well outweighed the reward. And Dhon didn't need to be able to read her facial expressions to know that her laughter was probably due to the latter. Once the fearful realization of his combat prowess set in, such nervous laughter was almost inevitability really. After all, he’d solo’d multiple Kiltik queens and had a full suit of the custom chitin armor to prove it! 

He didn’t blame her, though. Greater men and bugkin alike had caved and cowered in fear when facing the mighty Dhonarr. And if he is being honest, even he would have been scared of himself, too, especially if he was a tiny ragdoll looking creature in a gas mask unknowingly threatening a giant professional feller of Kiltiks!

Dhon grins proudly to himself and stands a little taller as the Tusken’s laughter begins to dissipate. But their moment is quickly interrupted by a pair of new arrivals. Another of the ragdoll bandits and the woman of the hour. She didn’t look totally like she had in the recordings but she is most certainly the blue flower peddle girl Dhon came her for.

"Ah. Here they are now."

“We are ready if you are. Sorry to keep you waiting.”

"Rose, this Cathar here has been tasked with returning a piece of your armor."

The Tusken woman confirms it but the moment Rose first spoke, any potential doubts quickly evaporated. This is most definitely her. Dhon excitingly finds his mission mere seconds from being completed. 

Muttering to himself, he grins, “All I have to do now is--”

Que Operative Sunshine and the whatever that is coming from down the hall. Yet another interruption to spoil his moment of triumph.

“It is surprising they ever get anything accomplished,” Dhon grumbles to himself, “What...with all these interrupts and disorganized--”

"The Master has returned," Tusker beams. "He is here, on Tatooine, with his first act as Head. He calls us to Anchorhead."

Dhon laughs for a moment, "As Head. Anchorhead. Hahahaha! Nice one, doll. You are getting wittier with your wordplay. Well done."

But as the totality of Tusker's words actually set in, Dhon’s face immediately shifts to one of annoyance and slight irritation.

"And you, Cathar, are welcomed to join us if you wish.... No jokes this time.”

“Wait, wait, wait. So you are telling me Operative Sunshine made me ride out to the middle of nowhere during the hottest part of the day in a dilapidated deathtrap of a speeder to meet Rose... who would be coming to Anchorhead all along, with everyone else, anyways?!”

Dhon shakes his head and squints his eyes at Operative Dusk, “If you were that starved for the company of a refined gentleman and storyteller such as myself, we could have just had a drink at the bar and waited. I’m sure this entire operation wouldn’t have fallen apart without you.”

Pausing to look around at the motley crew and for the source of the maniacal laughter and crazy person dancing from only moments before, Dhon sighs.

“On second thought...” Dhon begins as he tosses the helmet over to Rose, “Catch, girlie. Don’t say Uncle Dhonarr never did anything for you. Special delivery from the regal Roar Roar Roshan himself.”

Dhon barely manages to keep a straight face before turning to look back in Tusker’s direction, “As for the offer. I appreciate it. I really do. And I’m at least stuck with yall until Anchorhead ‘cuz Sunshine here is my ride. But I'm a free agent now! Can't say that I've been that for a long time! I was thinking about exploring my options in my fancy new spaceship Rose got me..." Dhon clears his throat to politely add, "if it’s all the same to yall, of course. So much universe to explore and so many paydays to be made!”

As he concludes, Dhon rubs the fingers of his free hand together and grins. He is finally free at last!

___

image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

• 2 weeks later...

With all the excitement and commotion surrounding the arrival of this “Remo” guy, Dhon honestly couldn’t resist the curiosity of actually meeting him in person. 

“I guess I’ll tag along, Miss Sunshine,” Dhon smirks as he get into the landspeeder. “After all, I still owe you a Tatooine Sunset. I make good on my debts. I’m a Cathar of my word.”

Thankfully, the ride back is mostly uneventful. Long but uneventful.

Back in town, Anchorhead looks mostly like it had when they left it. It is a little less busy and slightly tinted a mixture of purple and orange with the setting of Tatooine’s twin suns, but otherwise, the only real change is the introduction of the new contact. The Black Sun Vigo greets them upon their arrival.

"Master Remo thanks you all for both your trust and your patience during these trying times, especially after the loss of Dark Sun and the betrayal of Delta - Seven Three." 

Dhon leans towards Operative Dusk a little as he whispers poorly, “Who or what is Dark Sun and Delta - Seven Three?”

"But Master Remo does not wish to dwell upon the past either, instead focus on rising from the ashes left in the previous's wake. Forget the past of warriors, forget the past of militias. For here on out, we return to our roots as Assassins, Smugglers, Pirates, Criminals...."

As the droid rolls up and “looks at” Dhonarr of Cathar, Dhon raises an eyebrow at it. He figures it must be assigned to scan him or run his profile or something. As it moved away, the Cathar mumbles to the others beside him.

“This whole thing is odd enough as it is without the presence of a random R2 or R3 or whatever this unit is running around scanning us, am I right?”

"Now for the reason you've all been summoned. Anchorhead -- claim it for ourselves. -- Find and follow this Krem Dor'phan -- to Oshan Cremp. -- But Oshan needs to be taken back to Mos Espa alive. It's the only way we can attain the codes to and the whereabouts of the Palace's underground entrances. Any questions?"

Dhon frowns a little. The droid anxiously beeping in the background is making it annoyingly hard to pay attention to what the alien Vigo is saying. Dhon has a feeling, nevertheless, that he had been able to gather most most important details at least.

“Stalk, snatch, and grab,” he mumbles to himself. “Sounds easy enough.”

Any further comments are abruptly cut off, however, when the Tusken with them speaks up. Dhon turns to listen.

“My people know the area well. I have gazed undetected on the stronghold countless times. Would it not be prudent to send a small trained group, after the targets, so as not to accidentally alert them? I am sure Rose and I and, the predator, could easily fetch your prey without giving away your plans.” 

Dhon grins, “The Predator. I like it. Dhonarr the Predatarr. Heh heh heh.”

Turning towards the Vigo, he adds, “I think the Ragdoll Bandit has a point. He, me, and Miss Mandalorian could probably handle this ourselves. Sounds easy enough. And I’ve seen her fight! Plus, raiding and kidnapping shouldn’t be much different for RB. And my ‘speciality is tracking being that I’ve spent so much time in the wilderness of Cathar. It’s not quite dunes, but there’s plenty of savannas and some more desert-y areas. All I’m wanting to know is what kinda pay are we talking about?" 

Dhon pauses for a split second and his eyes come to rest on Rose and nods his head in her direction, “If her bank account is any indication, you all pay pretty well. And I happen to be fresh out of work and light on money. Plus, it sounds like these little people you have us chasing are worth a little something. And if it’s only us it's a three way split, so we are saving you money in the long run. I’m just sayin’. Show us the money and it's a done deal, your magnificence.”

___
image.png.d1013741289227855b20479a0e8ea7ed.png

Edited by Durose Roshan