Korriban

Exodus

In the emptiness of space, a starship suddenly becomes visible and soon lands on the dark planet of Korriban. From the ship, Darth Torment and Lord Diabolous strode out of the landing ramp.

Torment inhales deeply and turns towards DMD. "I feel the power of the Dark Side coursing through me. It is a good choice to continue to strengthen our power here."

torment.jpg

I feel it to, Lord Torment. This place is alive with the past. The spirits of old roam freely here whispering promises of power to those foolish enough to believe them. So much untapped knowledge can be found here. In time, Byss will become the beacon of dark side energy that it used to be.

*DMD drops his hooded cloak and takes off his shirt. When he is done, he has nothing on but his boots and trousers. His bare shest and back, marked with scars from previous battles. A tapestry of pain. He unsheathes his Sith sword and stabs it onto the ground.*

There is only one way that I know of to tap such raw power. We must open ourselves to the dark side, with a duel. There is a catch.......we must fight to kill one another. The Sith spirits that exist here cannot be fooled with a mock duel. We have to push each other to the brink of death. If you do kill me, I want you to lay down in my blood and absorb all of my power. Do not let the ground soak it up. To do so would condemn me to eternity on this rock as a wandering spirit. I will do the same for you, if it comes down to that, Lord Torment. Do you accept my terms and my challenge?

spawn.jpg

Those who are prepared to die, are seldom defeated....

I have been waiting for this moment....I have been waiting to demonstrate my skills and power, I have been waiting for an opponent like Diabolous. For honor, I will accept.

"I accept, my Lord."

Darth Torment takes a step back and the lightsaber on his belt clip suddenly disappeared. In his gloved hands was the dual-bladed lightsaber, two crimson blades of death protruded instantly from both sides. Diabolous himself had retrieved his Sith sword, and the two men circled each other waiting for the other to make the first move.

It was Torment who did, at last. He sprung at the scarred form of DMD, striking at his head.

torment.jpg

*DMD blocked one side of Torment's double-bladed lightsaber, then quickly moved out of the way of the other end of the deadly weapon. DMD retaliated with force push, that was barely countered by Torment.*

Torment. You have to do better than that. I told you we have to fight like we are trying to kill each other. Shall we try this again?

*DMD sprung forward, into the air toward Torment. Before reaching his opponent he spun in the air, then landed in a crouching position. Barely avoiding the swing of Torments lightsaber above his head. DMD swung his sword low, aiming for the legs of the Sith. Torment blocked with the opposite end of his double-bladed lightsaber. DMD saw his opening and swept Torment's feet from under him. DMD jumped into the air with his sword angled down, ready to impale Torement on the ground below.*

spawn.jpg

But Torment retracted impossibly fast, and the sword that would have been pierced through his chest was now stuck on the rough ground. Seeing that DMD's sword was still vertical on the hard terrain, Torment regained his balance as quickly as possible and struck his blade in a wide arch, one that DMD barely managed to block. Twirling away, he parried another strike from DMD's sword and pinned down his blade. In a struggle of strength and power, he locked his gaze into the dark pupils of his opponent.

Lord Diabolous is not as powerful as I have thought....he can be defeated. And I WILL be the one who will see to that.

torment.jpg

*DMD could see the determination in the eyes of Torment. But there was something else there. Something more primal. The battle was beginning to awaken a bloodlust in Torment. behind his mask, DMD began to smile.....darkly. He released the pressure of his sword against Torment's double-bladed lightsaber. Torment was caught off balance and stumbled forward. DMD executed a backflip, that caught Torment under his chin and knocking him to the ground a second time. Torment rose slowly, rubbing his jaw and laughing. Out of the corner of his eye, DMD saw a spirit watching. Behind Torment stood two more. After he saw them he could hear them. Their hollowed voices whispered the same thing in his ears as they were telling Torment.*

Killllll himmmmm..................

I am glad that amused you. But I am afraid the time for games is over.

*DMD summoned the dust and ash that made up the soil on Korriban, into a small dust storm. The winds picked up the small rock that lay just beneath surface hurling them aorund with deadly force. With a gesture, he sent the to his waiting opponent. The dust and ash was so thick, that DMD could only see the crimson blades of Torments lightsaber as the storm consumed him.*

spawn.jpg

Splinters of ash and dust was all Torment could see and pain was all he could have felt. He closed his eyelids, but the fragments cut through his cornea anyway. He was growing weary and knew that he would soon pass out.

I should not have thought, I should not have underestimated.

With the last reserves of his strength, he held on to his wafting lightsaber and deactivated it. He freed his right hand and sent streams of streams of white lightning, unrelentless at its target. DMD was blown callously from the attack and fell four meters back. Thwarted from its control, the swirling storm finally stopped and both men lied unconcious on the hard earth.

torment.jpg

Slowly regaining back his senses, Torment began to rise from his feet. He looked around and no one was there. Confused, he became wary of some tricks that DMD may pull. Suddenly, he felt a presence nearby and immediately reactivated his lightsaber. Out of nowhere, Diabolous sprung, Sith sword held high. Torment tried to step back but it was too late, the blade cut deep across his midsection. Blood immediately started spewing out from both the wound and his mouth.

There is no pain where strength lies...

He layed sprawled across the ground, beneath DMD, beneath his power. Robes soaked with blood, Torment awaited the killing blow. The sudden shock and pain, and then....the emptiness.

torment.jpg

Kill him, Darth Mortis Diabolus. He is not worthy. We demand his life in exchange for the power you seek. Sacrifice him to ussssssssssssssssssss........

*When DMD regained control of himself, it was if a dark viel had benn lifted from over his eyes. He saw Torment on the ground beneath him. He had no memory of how it happened, but knew he was responsible. DMD's Sith sword dripped with the blood of his Sith brother. In his mind echoed the the howls from the long dead Sith spirits that roamed the Korriban. He began to wonder if opening himself up fully in such a place was a good desicion.*

Torment, I know you can hear me. We have to leave this place.

*DMD leans down and graps his Sith brother's hooded cloak and drags him him across the scorched earth towards their shuttle. Midway to the shuttle the Spirits sensed the treachery in DMD and decided they would take both Sith lords as their sacrifices. DMD Was forced to the ground while invisible entities clawed at his back and/or any exposed part of his body.*

spawn.jpg

I warn you, spirits of old. Leave us be or I will be forced to send you on your way to oblivion.

HAHAHA! You wishhhhhhhhh. You are nothing, Lord Diabolus. Our lives have been made legends. Our powers have been sought out by many like yourself who come to Korriban seeking to rape it of any and all it's secrets. How dare you threaten us. You only carry the title of Sith. But we........are the Sith. Without us you would have no knowledge of who and what you claim to be. Your insults will not go unpunished. You and the other one will sacrifice your essences to us so that we may live again in your bodies. Then we will teach the galaxy the true nature of a Sith.

*DMD held on to Torment's cloak as the spirits raked his flesh with their claws. Blood spilled into the black earth beneath him. The pain became to much for DMD and his hold on his fellow Sith was released. The spirits pounced on him pushing his body and face into the soil.Invisible hands restrained him from rising to his knees, but didn't keep him from crawling to his shuttle. He managed to turn his head to look behind him and saw Torment recieving similar punishment. In a desperate attempt to kill the spirits DMD fed off his pain and rage, breaking free of their hold on him. A spirit latched on to him, with it's claws buried in his flesh. It reached in further grabing his heart and squeezing it from with in his chest. DMD's eye's turned pupiless white, as the pain over took him. As he began to black out his mind became clear and a voice instructed him on what to do. He mmade his body numb, ignoring the death that was more of a reality than ever before. He opened himself mentally to the darkside and found strength. The spirits cease their attack, as the air crackles with energy. They sense something has changed. The spirits begin to shriek and howl while they try to escape from an unseen pull toward the Sith lord. The first one enters his body causing DMD to react like he had been struck. Then a second, followed by a third. The process continued until all of them had been absorbed into him. With each spirit he absorbed his powers are magnified. When the process is done he watches his movements from outside of himself. He force lifts Torment into the the shuttle then enters it himself. The shuttle takes off into space. On board, DMD passes out in the pilots chair.*

spawn.jpg

• 2 months later...

*The Deviant III exits hyperspace, and goes to the surface so it and the Deviant IV could refuel.*

Exar exits to see yet another one of DMD's palaces.

He walks in the unused palace to meet Extirpate, "Yes?"

Exitirpate frowns, "A ship was entering Byss, and i managed to pull him in. He wishes to be trained."

Exar smiles, "Yes, of course."

Exar then ignites his lightsaber and kills a lizard that tried to pounce on him. He walks in to see Alec.

hooj.jpg

Alec looks up to see his Exar, "Master Hexious." he did an obediant bow, "I would be very much honored to be trained by you." He said to Hexious, hoping to win him over.

Alec caught the book and opened it up, "Darth Maul, Darth Maul, Darth Maul...." he said over and over as he skimmed the index.

--

--

--

--

--

--

"I can't find it!"

Alec looked it up, "Here it is....

'Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. The Corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.' Is that it?"

Alec watched the remote buzz in front of him, but when it fired at him, he still couldn't hit it. He looked at Hexious, and a saw disappointed look.