Korriban

Exodus

A TIE defender star-fighter launches out of hyperspace with a jolt, just over the planet of Korriban. Carefully, the pilot guides the round-cockpitted craft through the armosphere, killing the engine thrust and engaging repulsors, landing it gently in a cloud of roiling dust.

A thin figure clambers out of the thin hatch at the top of the spherical body of the fighter and slides to the ground. He then pulls away the heavy flighthelmet and the life-support gear. Khaos sends a message out through the fabric of the Force.

"I have arrived, Master...."

(ooc: sorry, I haven't been able to post for a while, my computer crashed!)

------------------

Death's shadow stalking the stars

Soundless cries on raven's wings

Tears flowing like desert diamonds

Dark and silently he sings.

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Khaos kneeled down as he spoke, slowly and thoughtfully. "/As you wish, My Master. Your bidding is my command" He waited a beat, then straightened, Standing perfectly still. An uphill draft tossled a strand of over-long hair into his ebon right eye. Perfect. He turned towards his right and carefully picked his way through the rocky turain, descendingacross the pebble-strewn slope into the valley.

He wasn't half-way down, when his foot caught on a loose outcropping of rock, jolting him off hisprecarious balance and sending him tumbling head-first down into the valley. He cursed and tried to righ himself but just kept rolling down over sharp sharps of broken stone and super-heated glass, until he came up against a large boulder wit a bone-crunching thud.

That was stupid. Very Stupid. Idiot. He thought to himself. Probably snapped your spine as well, clumsy fool... The thought inspired him to make sure that he could, still indeed move. He tested this by attempting to get up. He had barely staggered to his feet before his knees buckled and he fell agaist the boulder again, fighting nausea. He was suddenly aware how verey loud his breathing was and made an effort to quiet his intake of air, but it was too late. Something had sensed him. Something close by. Idiot.

Cautiously, Khaos pushed himself to his feet and withdrew the long silver cylinder of his Lightsaber, holding it ready...

------------------

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Khaos waited for an attck, but none came. Shaking his head, he continued on into the valley. A precense was gnawing at his mind, calling him, drawing him, filled with the allue of darkness. He went toward it, and finally came to a halt before a slab of stone. he reached out, and felt his fingers close upon the coold metal of a lightsaber. Giddyness filled him and he grinned impishly, before suddenly becming uneasy. This was far too simple.

Something is not quite right here...

Before he even fnished the thought, he became horribly aware of the Death surrounding him, bursting from the crypts, filling the air with the rank stink of rotting flesh still clinging to dusty bones. He fought back his revoltion and shoved the Lightsaber he had been sent to fetch into his belt, and drawing his own blade.

He ignited the two hissing beams of darkness and waited, and for a second, there was complete stillness. Then the masses of long-dead sith warriors went berserk, flinging themselves upon him in wild recklessness. He brought the weapon up and cleaved the first several apart, but they kept coming, hordes of them, their already decomposing flesh slicig apart with sucking noises as he hacked at them, fighting them back.

He felt a clammy feeling on his neck and tried to turn, but the dead-thing behind him already had a grip on his neck. Incredibly strong for a creature with barely any muscles left to it's skeletal frame, it chokes air from his lungs. Khaos gasped and hacked and tried to escape it's clutch, but the thing was relentless. he finally managed to swing his blade behind and cleave the thing's arms off, but even then, he had to tear thebrittle fingers from his throat.

And they kept coming. Wave upon wave pon wave, the dead of Millenia past, they kept running and shreiking, forcing air from rotting lungs as they lunged. I can't fight them off like this. I have to find another way....

Khaos gritted his teeth, then calld upon the inky darkness, the oily strands of energy that he could manipulate to his will; The darkside. Pulling upon it, he grabbed a fistfull, then sent it through the ranks of un-dead corpses that surged towards him.

It went straight throgh them, striking their useless shells in half and whisking away whatver spirit remained in them, leaving nothing but bones scattered for miles. Khaos felt a grin creep across his face, then went back to the rise and began the ascent.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Khaos Anarch (edited August 26, 2002).]

leisigwhoknows.jpg

At his Master's word Khaos's fingers immediately flew up to his arm to check for the wound. He immediately felt damp cloth and parted flesh, sending a stab of throbbing pain up through the limb. He muttered a curse and reached for his cloak to tear away a strip of cloth to bind it with, only to remember he was still wearing the flightsuit that he had worn in the cockpit of the TIE fighter, and all his things were still in the fighter.

"Yes master." he menatlly murmured, then joged over to the ball-shaped cockpit of his landed fighter. Climbing up a couple of large rocks, he managed to get atop the sphercal craft and into it wthout a ladder or much trouble. Once inside he groped about until he found his tattered and stained cape. Finding the frayed hem, he ripped away a piece of cloth and returned his attention to the wound on his arm.

While rather long, and wide where the skin peeled back, it was relatively shallow and seemed to be clotting nicely. Still, if what his Master said was true, and Khaos doubted that the sith lord was one to play tricks, it could prove deadly anyways. Temporarily wrapping the cloth around his upper arm, he reached out with hs other one and brushed his fingertips along the bulk-head of the cockpit. He gently scanned by touch for any cracks or lines in the smooth metal that may signify an emergency compartent.

Finally, he found a handle and pulled, feeling a med kit fall out. He fished around through it and found the bacta capsule. He poured that and several other disinfectants on the wound before binding it up tightly. He then put the kit back and climbed back out of the cockpit into the still rankness of the Korriban air. He knelt down on the ground. "I am ready master, show me the way."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Khaos Anarch (edited August 30, 2002).]

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Khaos shuddered and nodded. "Yes Master. I will not fail." He murmured, tring to ignore the breeze coming from the mouth of the tunel he knelt over, the breeze that reaked of carrion and dried blood. I will not fail... He wished he belived it more.

Reaching out through the endless material of energy, the Force that surrounded him, Khaos felt with it, and engaged the sixth-sense he had trained himself to use, in place of his lost sight, using the feedback he recieved to paint a perfect image of his surroundings in his mind. He checked the diameter and depth of the hole, before jumping in.

For a moment, he was suspended in air, time, and space, then his feet struck the ground, sending a jolt through his legs, making hhis knees threaten to buckle. Khaos winced, then straitened, feeling for a wall to guide himself along with.

"Don't stay in one spot too long..." the words of his master echoed in his mind. Khaos's fingers found the rough, dusty surface of one of the stone-wrought walls and followed it, walking at a brisk pace, his heels crunching in the gravel of the dirt. Distant whispers seemed to echo through the rocky corridors, harsh, but indistinguishable. Khaos gritted his teeth. I will NOT let myself be afraid. I have no fear. A sith does not know fear, but strikes it into the hearts of his enemies!

The whispers softned, then died down, being replaced by a deep, throbbing hum, so low, he didn't so much hear it, as feel it. At first Khaos thought it was merely his imagination playing tricks on him in the silence, but the hum grew steadily stronger, calling him, pulling him... He found his pace quickening, from a walk to a trot, from a trot to a jog, from a jog to an all out run as he raced towards the source of the dark-sided power. Undoubtedly, the Amulet.

Racing through the narrow passageway, Khaos thought he heard something call his name behind him. He wanted to turn, but found to his shock that he couldn't so strong was the call. The sensation of something behind him was growing stronger too, and he shuddered, remembering his master telling him of all those who encounterred the roaming spirit died horrible deaths.

Then he burst from the passageway into a large cavern, a thick breeze filled with the sickly-sweet stench of death striking him in the face as he ran. The hum was now a roar, consuming all his senses, all his thoughts...

...Then it stopped. Khoas blinked for a moment in shock, then became aware of the feeling of cold metal in his palm. For a second he marveled at the aura of darkness surrounding the amulet, but was interrupted by a resounding screech as the Spirit of the dead sith lord lunged at him in full attack.

------------------

leisigwhoknows.jpg

((OOC: Oh, ermm.... ok. Thanks! I've been swamped in a boundless sea of homework the last few days... argh!!!! smile.gif hope this bit's ok...))

Khaos almost gave an involuntary scream at the creature's attack, but something thick and cloying smothered the sound from him, forcing contaminated air back into his lungs, making him retch. He floundered backwards for a moment, blinded by shock and panic, before catching his balance against a rock.

Silence.

He inhaled shakily, suddenly wishing that h could have his long lost sight back just this once. What's it doing? is it gone, or just toying with me? He gritted his teeth, and with his free hand, reached for his lightsaber. His fingers had barely skimmed across the pommel before another hair-raising shreik pierced his consciousness and something lunged at him. Khaos cried out and tried to raise his arms in self-defense, only to find in complete morbid horror that he was paraized to the spot. He almost swore that he heard a low, sub-sonic chuckle at that moment, but it was impossible to tell over the racing beat of his heart.

Unable to move, panic and terror rose in his mind... ”œI have heard he can posses you, than make you do things to injure yourself...

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Much to tired to disagree, or do much of anything for the mater, Khaos just dumbly nodded. "Yes master..." he mumbled, nearly choking on the words as they tumbled from his dry, blood-caked lips. He limped back over to the cockpit of his TIE fighter, pulled himslf up and into it, the fainted.

He wasn't quite sure when he came to again, but he didn't think too much time had passed by. He hadn;t the slightest inkling how he knew this; he just did. Rubbing at his aching head, and spitting out a couple of curses in a multitude of languages, he groped around the flloor with his left hand, looking for the med-kit he had used earlier and neglected to put back in it's proper compartment. When he finally found it, he ran his finger-tips over each bottle until he recognized the seal for bacta capsules. He pried t open and loppeed two into his mouth, swallowing them.

Now- his arm. Wincing slightly, Khaos pulled back the sleeve of his now very torn and tattered flightsuit. I should probably change back into my regular clothes before this gets any more beat up...might not make it through void... he thought to himself dully. The cut from the blades on his upper arm was healing quite nicely, pale scar tissue showing no signs of festering. Good. His wrist though.... Khaos sighed and reached out into the Force, pulling out a nice, sticky strand of it, shoving it down through his arm, to the shattered bone.

He bit his lip as the raw, unrefined energy prodded swollen pain receptors, sending fire lancing up through the limb. I do not fear pain. Pain is my friend. Pain is my tutor. pain is my instrument... The strand of Force wrapped itself around the little bits and shards of bone, then in one graceful jerk, snapped them all back together. Swearng violently, Khaos reached for a splint and some bandages, wrapping his hand up appropriately. While the bone had been fused back together, the tissue was still sensitive and it would be best to let it settle without any additional stress for a while. Pulling out a canteen from his life-support gear, he poured a bit onto his hhand, then splashed it on his face, Wincing as it met the gash on his chekk. That will leave a scar... oh well.

Lying back down on the floor of the cockpit, Khaos tumbled into a deep sleep....

[This message has been edited by Khaos Anarch (edited September 06, 2002).]

leisigwhoknows.jpg

Khaos paused and rubed his head as he processed everything that his master had told him. What was now being asked of him for his third trial was dangerous, stupid, out-right treason, and by all means suicidal.

But it was a challenge, and Khaos had never- and would never- turn down a good challenge. Grinning like an idiot, he answered:

"Yes, master- I accept." he paused for a moment, "Is there anything else I must know? Or should I make my departure?"

------------------

leisigwhoknows.jpg

"Yes Master!" Khaos immeditaely got up and groped about for his life support gear. After hooking it all up to his flightsuit and strapping himself somewhat haphazardly into the pilot's seat, he flipped the fighter's systems to on. he computer let out a series of positive bleeps, informing him that all the systems were in order, before the young apprentice engaged the repulsors and the TIE defender took off.....

leisigwhoknows.jpg

• 5 months later...

(OOC: none of my following actions have anything to do with the late-Palpatine RP.... I'm just using the planet)

Outsize of Korriban's exosphere, a small Firespray Class Scouting vessel came out of hyperspace. It paused momentarily, before engaging the engines for descent into the scorched and stormy atmosphere. It plunged through like a meteor before pulling up sharply and engaging thrusters. The recklessness of the manuevers suggested that the pilor was either crazy, brilliant, or possibly both.

Cutting the thrust and opening the hatch, Khaos Anarch stood up and exited the ship. The air of Korriban stank or corruption and blood, the dust of ages swirrled aorund his feet, and a fierce wind plucked at his cape. The place was desolate. The way he liked it.

Khaos Anarch smiled as the amulet around his throat began to hum.... it's power sung in harmony with that of the planet which had been home to the sith lords for countless millenia. He sat down on a nearby stone outcropping. Now, I wait.

leisigwhoknows.jpg