Korriban

Exodus

Sirena cackled profusely at the girl's words, tears forming in the crevasse of her eyes as her head laid backwards and her hands laid upon her stomach. The girl's gall was something to be proud of, this she was certain of. But compared to Sirena, she was but a child of the Force, especially when compared to Lord Helios. She was but a welp, still sucking upon the teet of the Darkness inside her. Yet her fire was strong. The laughing fit subsiding, Sirena wiped her eyes and spoke.

"Why simply settle at just killing, child? A being like Helios could die, but what about his prestige? What about his legacy? If he is truly a danger to you and those you care about, death wouldn't stop it, only him. If you truly want the power to protect yourself and those you care about, then you need to destroy the essence of what makes him more powerful. And when you figure that out, hone your skills to fit his destruction. "

Sirena's words were cryptic and focused as she spoke, testing the girl even further. If she truly feared Helios, or any being, Sirena was not above teaching them the path. Chaos was Sirena's goal, and Lust was her path. As for Aliss, her goal and path was different and her sin apparent. She was a child of rage, born of Wrath. There was no denying it now. Brash, Rage, Unbridled Wrath. And it needed to be honed into a powerful weapon. Her gaze shifted to Roshan momentarily before shifting back to Aliss, the Shard eerily silent after her attempted attack.

"If you truly want to understand how to kill Helios, head to the Forge west of here. There you will find the answer."

And with that, Sirena exited the hut. Aliss would need to make a decision herself. For atop the stairs that led to the Forge, a temple dedicated to the bleeding crystals and reforging lightsabers, of which sat atop a small pyramid, would hold the answers. It was there that Sirena slew her Master, and only after making a mockery of his name and stature. His body may be buried, but the evidence of his downfall still remained. A simple disc recording of Sirena seducing the man into a drunken stupor and blindly taking advantage of her just before she impaled her blade into his chest still laid within its holorecorder.

75196401_876440456210803_2971411180634366772_n.png.7d1045ce91932a34f1faf6a1d547ae87.png

Korriban. The ancient homeworld of the Sith and the ancestral capitol of their empires. While no longer a capitol of an empire, it was still the heart of their order. The Korriban academy stood tall, relentless in its oppression and untouched in its darkness. It was here that he was trained. Where those from across the galaxy would seek power and fame. Where countless would fall in that pursuit, and countless more would grow into Sith. This was the purpose of his visit. If he was to build support for his plans, he would need to start here, where the young apprentices and acolytes served and learned. What better way to learn what a Sith is, than to witness conquest?

The rust-colored world loomed in the darkness, his fleet drifting ominously towards it. He glanced towards the captain. nodding.

"Get me a secure line."

~

On the surface, a woman moved along the sands, her tattered clothes barely worthy of a slave. She'd had a name once, long ago. Served the Imperial Navy with distinction. Now it was stripped from her, through physical and mental torture. She was a nobody, loyal to one Sith. She hated him, but she survived. He fed off of it, nourished it. It was hardly a life, but she would escape. Eventually. For now, she bode her time. Gathering information. She'd become an adept at remaining undetected. Most Sith would go out of their way to beat a slave. She was better than them.

She'd reached her goal, a small metal device in her hand and she stalked towards the Sith. a Hapan woman, teaching her apprentice. She sneered. The slave closed the distance silently, speaking only at the last moment.

"Lady Sirena, my master, Darth Mavanger, requests your time." she said, presenting the communicator in her hands.

mavms.png

Sirena was a Seductress, an Assassin of Pleasure and Desires, lethal combinations of Beauty and Wit, Will and Lust. So to sneak up on one was a feat few were capable of. As she awaited Aliss' decision, Sirena gazed out upon the open Valley, taking in the surround sights of the Tombs. Yet, she could feel the approaching presence, the bile of disdain in its cold thoughts and heart, emotions read so easily. When she made her approach and spoke, Sirena remained looking opposite and reached over her shoulder for the communicator with a smirk across her beautiful face.

"This is Lady Sirena..." She spoke coyfully, the playfulness in her soft tone alluring to her interest in what the newly attained Darth was contacting her for, his prestige proceeding him despite their paths having crossed a few times during his time here. "What can I do for you Lord Mordecai?"

As she spoke into the communicator, she spun in her spot, batting her eyes as she played with her cheek from inside her mouth with her tongue, her smirk turning into a playful smile. Her gaze briefly shifted to the makeshift hut to see if Aliss was going begin her journey or if Roshan was present, before turning her attention back to the small device held within her soft hands.

75196401_876440456210803_2971411180634366772_n.png.7d1045ce91932a34f1faf6a1d547ae87.png

Mordecai chuckled inwardly at her attempt to disarm him with her looks and coy smiles.

"The pleasure is mine, Lady Sirena. And in order to continue this meeting without the unnecessary posturing, I feel it is my duty to inform you that your charms will not work on me. I prefer the company of men."

He was blunt about it, almost uncomfortably so, but it was necessary. he knew her reputation, and while he stood to gain by keeping up the charade, he would tire of it quickly. He was never one for political or social machinations for something so petty. Instead, he preferred to co-operate with his fellow Sith, rather than scheme against them. Those he held in contempt knew that fact well. He believed in the furthering of the Sith through personal power and gain, of course, but when the Jedi and false Imperials were strong enough to go on the offensive, and with the recent defeat the fleet had suffered at Corellia, it would be detrimental to fall into a deadly game of Sith politics.

"In the interest of staying blunt, my offer is simple. I'm looking to begin a campaign, a second front on the Rebel worlds. Any further details must wait until we meet in person, but I am offering you this- Come with me. Conquer Rebel worlds, and spread the Sith Empire. In return, any force sensitives we encounter, I will entrust under your tutelage on the condition that they remain loyal to myself as well. You further your reputation as a Sith teacher, and get to kill any Jedi or Imperial Knights we find on the way. I prove myself as a Sith worthy of the Dark Lord's support, and gain a following among the Sith."

He'd sought her out for a reason, of course. He could have contacted his former master, Lord Valinor, but she was already likely to support him under the right circumstances. lady Sirena was an unknown variable, and he needed a way into the Sith Academy's good graces to garner support among up and coming Sith that wouldn't raise too much ire from other Darths.

mavms.png

Their wounds recovered safely over the stretch of days that passed. They did their part to keep their bodies fed and their minds fresh with conversations, building on familiarity. In doses, the two would touch on the event of their introduction, and the disaster that followed thereafter, but laughter and words of revenge were always quick to bury the details of murder and loss that sat unwell with them. Hyperion would teach Aziza certain exercises to open up the mind and body to the call of the force, and pour into her with the philosophy he adhered to as well as the ancient teachings that somehow showed itself cryptically across the third floor.

"The Sith philosophy is centered around the idea that following your passions and constantly getting stronger allows you to unlock your full potential. The reason that the Sith appear obsessed with power and violence is because throughout their entire existence they have been hunted by Jedi, forcing them into an twisted extremist warrior-culture that evolved to produce sociopaths in abundance.

In order to fully understand our philosophy, you have to understand their roots. Thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin, before even lightsabers existed, the Jedi Order found itself facing an issue. Members of the Jedi Order were leaving to study other Force philosophies because they found the Jedi to be too narrow minded, too dogmatic in their views. These rogue Jedi became known as The Legions of Lettow, for the planet they left to study on. Unfortunately for the Legions, the Jedi did not want to leave them in peace. The Jedi attacked them, forcing the fight into Republic space. When the Legions warned the Republic that the Jedi were forcing them into their territory, the Republic ignored them and slandered the Legion.

Alone and overpowered, the Legion fell, and the ideological survivors would later be known as Dark Jedi. These Dark Jedi took increasingly desperate and dark measures to try to ensure victory over the Jedi. However, they too were defeated and eventually banished from Republic space. Such events almost undoubtedly contributed to the Sith's hatred of the Jedi and distaste for the Republic as a whole. They found themselves on Korriban, homeworld of the Sith Species, and it is here they took their contemporary title.

The Sith philosophy started as an attempt to approach new ideas that the Jedi would not allow, and ended as a warrior-code created in the fires of combat and religious warfare. The Sith were forced to be militaristic and strong in order to survive, and those are the traits they value in themselves, and in others, so their ideology reflects both an opposition to the Jedi and valuing only strength and survivability. The first two lines of their code shows how their philosophy challenges the Jedi way, and the rest shows how much they relied on the value of strength:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Where it is said "peace is a lie" shows how the Sith feel about the Jedi notion of peace: that a lack of conflict stagnates a persons abilities and offers no real growth. With conflict comes progress, and accepting that passion gives a person drive and strength to achieve is not a bad thing in the eyes of our people; it's simply acknowledging their own inherent nature. This feeds into the second line, "through passion I gain strength". By being passionate about their goals, the Sith can harness the power of their desire to accomplish them, fueling them beyond mental limitations.

The rest of the Sith code, in my opinion, is a direct result from being hounded by the Jedi and banished to Korriban. Their need for strong warriors produces a warrior philosophy, where only the most capable and independent were seen as valuable. In order to survive they needed to be powerful, and the ending lines of the code shows this desire for power and strength.

In the end, the Sith philosophy isn't just hoarding power. There was a paranoia bred from the threat of extinction, a realization and need to survive against all odds. Over the centuries that code became the twisted philosophy that they are now generalized with, used for personal gain and power grabbing. Originally, the precursors to the Sith were more interested in ideas outside the realm of those of the Jedi, but contemporary Sith have a new ideology in which gaining personal strength is the goal. "Modern" Sith believe that their quest for personal power will bring them the freedom to unlock their full potential, and that Jedi who restrict themselves are putting artificial limits on their abilities. The extremist part of this philosophy that came about after the Sith became Sith is that they now believe not only that those that are strong are valuable, but that those that aren't strong are inherently without value (worthless). At its core, the Sith philosophy centers around becoming as strong as possible to realize your full potential, and using others you see as weak (killing, enslaving, etc) to obtain that goal certainly isn't out of the question.

Where you come in, is in your hands Aziza. These principles will undoubtedly tempt and test you on your journey. What kind of Sith will you become? … Something to think of."

---

And think about it she did. Over the next day, she pondered all the words he had spoken, turning them over in her mind as one turned compost to expose it to sunlight and fresh bacteria. The history was of great worth, for Aziza knew that to know one’s past was to understand one’s present and illuminate one’s future. 

She found herself often on the roof of the outpost. Three walls extended up, blocking the worst of the ravaging winds, but the fourth was open, leading to a small balcony with a railing. She stood there now, a cup of tea in her hands, the howl of the omnipresent winds providing a symphonic counterpoint to the thoughts flowing through her mind. 

Drawing her attention back a little, she attempted one of the practical lessons Amadeus had taught her. Taking a deep breath, she sought the Force in her mind. The first time she had successfully made contact, it had been akin to feeling a wild nexu reach out and nuzzle her hand with its nose. A rush of confidence and strength had washed over her, accompanied by a moment of certainty. The sensation was ethereal and instantaneous, vanishing as quickly as it had appeared, but ever since that moment, she had longed to discover more and increase her connection to it. 

Now she could feel it, lingering below the surface of her skin, flowing in eddies on the breeze, skittering deep in the heart of the outpost, erupting as a fountain from her approaching teacher. “I can feel it,” she said, not turning from her outlook over the valley, “but it won’t yet obey me.” Her tone was calm; she knew that with patience and practice, much would be achieved. These were merely her first steps. 

She took a sip of the tea as he moved to join her at the railing. “I have three questions, Teacher. I implore your graciousness to respond.”

When he didn’t immediately turn her away, she continued. “I understand that the Sith of the past relied on their strength; it was the logical rationale when fighting a more numerous force. Indeed, it’s a testament to their fortitude that they survived and ended up thriving in time. However, that is no longer the case in the galaxy. There are more Sith now than in generations, whereas the Jedi’s fire has largely gone out of the universe as they have become fractured and insular.

“My first question, then, is this: if power is no longer required as a necessity, why do the Sith still hold it to be the ideal value? Is it simply habit? Are there none who wish to challenge potentially outdated philosophies? Or have they discovered power is it’s own reward?”

She paused. “My second question follows that. If, as you say, that each Sith cares mostly about his or her own personal strength and power, how then do the Sith exist as a unified whole? How do they not shatter under infighting and power struggles, where one Sith attempts to seize the assets of others that they consider weaker than they?

“Finally, my third question: you speak of the Sith as if you were not one of them. Do you see yourself as different from the order as a whole? And if so, how and why?” She knew the question might come across as impertinent, but she tried to ask it in a way that clearly showed her understanding that he had every right to refuse to answer should he desire.

--

Arms folded behind his back, he stared out in the bleak distance, mind searching out a thing he had never spoken of, looking beyond the skies to find something he knew would never come. He could feel his apprentice now, she was a quick learner, an obsession of how and why began to exude from her tone whenever words left her. Power trickled inside her veins.

"If the slave-challengers of the Bjarkesh Arena trained their entire lives to conquer the black sands and become first-champion, do you think that the champion would then cease to train altogether, to ignore what it was that brought them the success?" Hyperion chuckled. "..Foolishness. The creature would become the standard to beat, a target for many to kill, and the process would repeat itself. If the champion deviated from what had brought it to the pinnacle, they would be no more. Strength is what it took to achieve their place in the galaxy, and strength is what it would take to maintain it all the same. However that strength turned to philosophy, would be in the hands of the victor, and only they would dictate the golden standard."

Hyperion paused.

"To address your second question. Many have ambitions far loftier than what they are ever able to manifest. For this reason, the leader of the Sith can be nothing less than a revered entity, one that exudes ultimate power, and commands the will of his or her lessers through fear or through duty. It is a humbling experience, but there are those that understand that their own power can only mature under such guidance and weight of one greater than they. For this, the King has been lifted to a unique pedestal, one where the monsters that serve, can see themselves become more under his leadership. Lord Exodus for example, encourages autonomy within his hierarchy when his lessers have reached a certain height, facilitating a continued growth in them as he does not fear the increase in their influence of power. He has found a way to exist within, in order to build on the sum of power that the Sith Empire represents.

There may come a time that he falls, as all do, and we creatures that serve, will explore what we have learned and test just how much we can take for ourselves. And then, perhaps the curse of infighting will return in such chaos. There is an innate fear of stepping from the structure and hierarchy, for the many that have been empowered by the way of the King, will come down hard against those that threaten the prosperity of the whole. Unification bred from power, respect, and discipline. There is enough soil in the galaxy, for us all to grow. I hope this sheds an understanding to what we've built."

"As for your third question, I--."

Hyperion sighed as if it were no simple thing to explain. The evening drew cold and his senses played on his mind. "The Sith are many, and few can be trusted. You will see some that claim that their loyalty is undying, but no sooner will you see these same creatures evaporate from the universe whenever there is need for them. There are mongrels that have succumbed to a selfishness that sees no end, to a madness that has no reason. These fools are a living depiction of their ignorance and vanity, serving as nothing more than a grunt for the Jedi to try and monopolize into reasons to continue their crusade. I am an inquisitor of the Sith Empire, and I have slain as many unfaithful Sith as I have treasonous Jedi. I am mindful to keep the differences between myself and the wide spectrum of Sith separate. You will soon see."

VidRqOj.jpg

Sirena's lip puckered up in discontent. She rather enjoyed a good seduction, but the being before her held any like for members of her sex. Too bad. It was his loss. With a gruntled sigh, she spoke childishly. "You're no fun."

Quickly shifting from her disdained and once playful mood to one beheld by many of her stature, she listened to the rest of his words, taking in what was offered upon balanced scales, weighing the potential as much as the risk. He offered transgressions, unneeded and brash. And yet, there was promise behind it, prestige and grace to be had. And Sirena had never been one to forgo the opportunity to encounter a bit of fun with her Order's opposition. It was too much of an opportunity to pass up. Yet, was it truly warranted? Her gaze shifted to the hut where her Apprentices remained. Were they ready? Roshan was, but Aliss was chaotic and untamed. And Solus, his corruption merely beginning had yet to break his innocence.

Sirena remained in silence as she turned back to Mordecai, her azure eyes blazen against her raven hair as she considered the weight. Her Apprentices did need action, but she couldn't lead them into a battle they would fail. And yet, with the promise they held, they would blossom amongst the despair and bloodshed if pruned properly, only leading to her own rise in Prestige and standing amongst her brethren. And perhaps even a chance to show the being before her exactly what he was missing out on. His War seemed promising, even compromising in her best of interests. Yet she was born of the old rituals, and she held some reserve about how she would mix with the new. It was much to think on.

"You wish for my aid and fealty then?" She finally poised after a few more brief moments of silence, her azure gaze alit with crimson flames, a smirk gracing her face at his gall. "And yet you turn me  down the chance moment of intimacy where I could explore your soul and know your truth? You have some nerve Lord Mordecai, I will give you that."

She sighed.

"Very well. I will follow you in your campaign and aid as I see fit, just as will my Apprentices. But if a moment comes where I no longer benefit from it, I will depart from it." Her voice still soft and yet coursely stern at her displeasure. "Such is the consequence of your unwillingness to bare your soul to me."

With the she turned off the communicator and turned to his servant. "Where shall we greet your Master?"

Mordecai grinned, the scarred tissue stretching across his face as he responded.

"The contents of my soul are for me alone, my Lady, though if you wish to wax philosophical, perhaps there will be time for that in the days ahead. I will see you when you arrive."

The communicator shut off, and he glaced at the captain, nodding.

"I'm done here. Close the line." he glanced over to his apprentice. "And Kahla, you are about to meet one of the Sith Academy's many dedicated teachers. You met one already, Lord Valinor, whom raised me from my ignorance herself. I expect you to give her the respect you would any Sith Lord. Unlike the Jedi, our titles are not empty platitudes. She will have wisdom to share. Though be careful- she is a seductress. And I mean that literally."

He looked back out the observation glass. Korriban was beautiful, in its own way. The desolation and ruin that this planet brought across the galaxy- it was something to admire, the darkness surrounding it akin to what he'd felt near the Dark Lord. It was a shame he would only be here for a while longer. His campaign required decisive action, and he would deliver.

~

The slave stiffened as the Sith's attention turned back to her. Soon. Soon she would escape. That hope is what kept her going. Hope, and spite. She wouldn't let the Sith make an example out of her like they did the other who had been captured alongside her. This Sith was like all the others on this blasted rock- so full of herself, she would never see an attack coming. Not without help from the Force.

"Go to the nearest landing pad. There is a shuttle waiting to take you and any apprentices you deem worthy to my Lord's current flagship, the Wyvern."

mavms.png

"Thank you." Sirena spoke as she stepped next to the slave of Mordecai, slipping a small device into her pocket. "They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, and if one looks deep enough, it can be read with little intimacy. There's a ship on Platform 7-B. It's your's if you wish it."

With that said, she adverted her gaze and headed back to the hut and announced their upcoming departure, giving each the option to stay here or follow her and receive the training they wished. After all, she would not force servitude upon anyone, lest they chose to partake such a path. Darkness was the truth of the soul, not the bindings of it. In Darkness, there was freedom, at least, in her philosophy. Turning to @Kail, Aliss, and @Solus, she gave them a moment to make their choice. "I'll be outside when you are ready."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When decisions were made, Sirena turned and made the trek back to the Academy and surround Spaceport. It was time for Sirena to depart the world she had called home for the last handful of years and return to the confines of Space a Lady of the Sith rather than the Princess she once was, more powerful than she could have ever imagined and with the sin of List firmly in her heart, a deadly advisary for any who chose to make her an enemy. She was curious about the Rebels and their intent, curious about Mordecai and his own, and even more curious about what path laid before her. And once into space, the excitement was hardly able to be contained.

Moments later, she stood before Mordecai. "Tell me more."

Mordecai stood in the command center of his flagship, beside his apprentice and the higher ranking officers of his forces as Sirena entered. The table in the center of the room held a hologram of the galaxy, zoomed into the outer rim. There were a few planets with annotations, such as Geonosis and Bothawui, bot other than that it was a standard map. He nodded as she entered, crossing his arms.

"Lady Sirena. A pleasure to meet you in person. I'll cut to the chase. The Rebels are fighting back now. Where Coruscant and Carida with almost no resistance, they struck us at Kuat and beat us back at Corellia. What we have on them is numbers, so I'm opening a second front. We'll come at them from below. While they're focused on fighting the Dark Lord and his followers for the Core Worlds, we'll strike the outer rim. There are two objectives here- Expand the Empire, and establish a beachhead to attack Nar Shaddaa. We'll make a pit stop at Raxus before we commence to gather more ships. Geonosis will serve as our headquarters for the region, its manufacturing capabilities should prove useful. After that, we'll spread out through the outer rim and take as many worlds as we can before the Rebels can react. Then, we'll move to Bothawui, the staging ground I've chosen after some discussion with my staff.  It's also the most likely place for the Rebels to try and stop us."

He took a moment, studying the map.

"It's a lot of space. I'll have to split my forces to take it all fast enough. Most of the fighting should be easy, unfortunately. Local planetary defenses and possibly scattered Rebel troops. It will be easy at first, but the longer we're active, the more time the enemy has to rally against us. Speed is the key factor here- don't fight a war if you can intimidate the locals instead."

It was a sound plan, one that he'd been working at since his ascension to Lord. For nearly three years, he'd been fighting in this war. It had leant him the experience and the wisdom he needed to command this campaign, and in time, it make mark him worthy to be considered one of the Dark Lord's best. And perhaps, in time, he could surpass the Master of all Sith. That time was far away, however, and those were thoughts best kept to himself. For now.

~

She had been shocked at the Sith's words. At first, she'd doubted it, waiting until the Sith was gone to even consider it. But the Sith were treacherous people. Perhaps she wasn't the target of this trap- perhaps it was her master. They fought and schemed with eachother as much as they did with the Jedi and the True Empire. There was a possibility that the offer of escape was genuine... and yet, she didn't take it. To do so and fall victim to a trap for her would destroy all of this. All of her fighting and her struggling to be free, to fall to such a blatant trap for be worse than death.

And so she wept.

It tore at her soul. Yes, maybe she could escape. A day from now, a week, she would likely regret this choice. In fact, she knew she would. But it was a choice she couldn't risk. Not yet. She glanced at the communicator she used to receive word from her Master. Sneering at it, she knew her goal. She has a loose chain. A mistake. Sith didn't notice her without the spikes of anger and disdain that had grown from her mind in these times. She would train herself to suppress them, and then, truly, she would become a ghost.

mavms.png

Aliss glared bitterly in response to Sirena's laughter.

"Why simply settle at just killing, child? A being like Helios could die, but what about his prestige? What about his legacy? If he is truly a danger to you and those you care about, death wouldn't stop it, only him. If you truly want the power to protect yourself and those you care about, then you need to destroy the essence of what makes him more powerful. And when you figure that out, hone your skills to fit his destruction."

Angry thoughts flooded the girl's mind. She parsed her lips, fighting back the urge to speak them aloud.

This woman was speaking foolishness! I didn't care about the villain's prestige or his legacy! That will not save her mother. That will not stop him! That will not...

"If you truly want to understand how to kill Helios, head to the Forge west of here. There you will find the answer."

Aliss remained silent as she watched the lady leave. She took a few seconds to gather herself before turning to Roshan.

"We do not need her. She is a fool, anyway. Prestige? Legacy? What does that mean to me if I lose everyone who matters!"

Roshan reflectively observed the emotional ball of flesh beside him. There was a silent moment of warmth in his stare as their eyes greeted one another and the two embraced the stillness of the air. That moment, however, was abruptly ended when Roshan placed his Sith mask back over his face. The pitch of his voice deepened as he talked from underneath his mask, giving the large Cathar a more menacing tone.

"You are my legacy. And we have not lost each other yet. You can't save your mother if you are dead, stupid child. It's time for you to grow up. Whatever you saw, you can assume that it was a lie. She is a witch and a trickster. Do you really think that was anything more than a parlor trick to play on your fears and reveal your heart? Now you have given that woman power over you and a means to manipulate you. Even now you intend to follow her, don't you?"

Roshan's last sentence caught Aliss by surprise. She turned and stared at the looming figure, her mind processing his words. Perhaps he was right. She could feel the answer swelling in her heart.

"Yes."

She paused as she tried to read Lord Roshan's barely visible eyes from behind his mask. He was gazing off into the distance towards the path in the sand that the mysterious master had left for them to follow. After a few more seconds of silence, Roshan turned to the Shardbot with a nod and then to Aliss.

"It's decided then. Lead the way, Sir Aliss."

As they left the hut and began their journey to meet Sirena, they could see another figure in the distance. Aliss stopped in her tracks as Roshan placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Who is that?"

"I...," Roshan hesitated as he looked on a little uneasily. "I do not know. But judging by her clothing and the vibe I'm getting from her... I'd say... I'd say she is likely a slave."

Aliss craned her head a little in response, "Like the ones on Yehveshi?"

"No. Not quite. She reminds me more of the slaves on Carida."

"Where?" Aliss frowned as she squinted into the harsh sun, a little confused.

"Nevermind, child," Roshan replied as he released his grip from her shoulder. "Are we doing this or not?"

Aliss shrugged in reply, "Um...You stopped me."

Roshan squinted his eyes at Aliss, "Enough with the attitude! Let's get on with it."

"What! Attitude?! How did I--"

"Aliss!"

Aliss crossed her arms as her face contorted into a pouty grimace, "Fine! Whatever. I'm going!"

By the time they approached Lady Sirena, it seemed that she was finishing up her conversation with someone important. The slight changes in the tone of her voice as they were approaching gave that much away in Roshan's opinion. It also peaked his curiosity. He fixated more on the other woman, though, as they got closer. It felt like he was seeing a ghost. Her presence made him uneasy. She made her feel an emotion that was quite abnormal for him. It was an emotion he had not felt in many years until Sirena's little vision quest.

Pity.

His focus was taken away from the pitiful woman, however, when Sirena addressed the two of them. It would seem that she had their next excursion planned and those that wanted training were expected to accept her invite. Aliss was so confused by all the emotions she felt when it came to this woman and her "dream vision" and the training itself that she accepted Sirena's invitation more out of a sudden overwhelming fear of soul-crushing loss than for any real rational reason or some well thought out decision making.

Roshan, on the other hand, didn't say much. He simply nodded and stared at the other woman. He now felt considerably overdressed in his ceremonial Sith armor and his dark flowing cape. He wondered if her attire was even decent enough to be classified as "rags."

Such a pitiful creature.

Seeing a slave running errands on Korriban was not something that surprised him. He had seen how Sith collected, horded, and treated their slaves. But her attire and upkeep was pathetic at best. Perhaps he would have to have a talk with her master at some point. She could at least be made presentable when being sent out on errands. Rolling his eyes a little and sighing at his memories of the horrors of the Sith Academy on Cardia, Roshan otherwise followed the group in silence.

It was not long before they reached the spaceport and the flagship of their new mysterious ally. Once aboard, they followed Sirena until they came upon a human male in dark robes and of average stature. Even though Roshan stood a little ways back from the two to allow Lady Sirena and the man to talk, the oversized Cathar felt like he was towering over them. Of course, at 4'1, Sirena was dwarfed by even the average heighted human, much less an toned 6'11 Cathar in full garb.

Granted, Lord Roshan was used to staring down at others around him. For some reason, though, seeing Sirena's actual height difference while standing next to this full grown human male just seemed so comical to Roshan. It was not nearly as humorous as when she had stood next to the shorter human females she had interacted with thus far. But sure. It was a random and perhaps irrelevant observation to key in on at this particular moment in time. Roshan knew he should be focusing on the conversation instead. But for some reason, Roshan couldn't help but find the current optics amusing all the same.

Aliss, meanwhile, was fixated on the man's face. Scarred, but with striking blue eyes not too unlike Lady Sirena's, staring into them made Aliss self-conscious of her own woeful eye color. With her 16th birthday just around the corner, she found herself wishing for nothing more for her birthday than that she, too, could have blue eyes. Surrounded by all these normal humans, she began to feel the same unease she had felt growing up on Ishvara. Her unusually florid skin color and yellow eyes had always been the stain -- no, the curse -- she could never remove. It was the sin passed down to her from her mother and undoubtedly her mother's mother before her. Aliss would never fit in with all the normal humans she wished so desperately to be like. And perhaps that was why she'd never be as pretty or as talented as them. This was her affliction.

Even now, she could feel herself sinking into the floor. She may have been taller and bigger than the tiny Lady Sirena, but in that very moment she felt like the smallest person in the entire room. As the man droned on, Aliss closed her eyes, crestfallen and aching to find somewhere -- anywhere -- to escape in that moment and disappear.

"...It's a lot of space. I'll have to split my forces to take it all fast enough. Most of the fighting should be easy, unfortunately. Local planetary defenses and possibly scattered Rebel troops. It will be easy at first, but the longer we're active, the more time the enemy has to rally against us. Speed is the key factor here- don't fight a war if you can intimidate the locals instead."

Roshan nodded as he stepped forward to address the man, "Sounds like you've gotten it all figured out. Where to first? And where is that slave of yours? Is she going to show us to our quarters? The girl and I have been through a rather exhausting adventure today, Lord...?"

___
image.png & image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

Sirena merely smirked as she heard his words, the Seductress keen on her playful nature. His words, and his plan, offered plenty. She was in agreement and would follow, as long as he did not interfere with her own plans. As Roshan stepped up and spoke, she chuckled.

"Forgive my manners Lord Mordecai. This is my Apprentices, Roshan and Aliss." Sirena spoke, introducing the Cathar and his compatriot. "We were discussing the finer points of discovering one's self through the Force. Have you any imparting words of wisdom for them?"

Sirena intended on putting both on the spot, intending for both her Apprentices to learn from another Sith as well to test the Sith Lord of his own tutelage. Gazing past him to his own, she seemed very capable, and despite Roshan's own predicament, Aliss had far to go. If they were truly going to work together and establish what they wished, this presented an opportunity to introduce their intents.

Mordecai frowned at the Cathar. He was large in stature, and clearly strong. Unfortunately, a large physical presence also tended to incorporate an ego of the same size. He would keep an eye on him. The other was timid, unsure of herself. Content to let another speak for her. He sneered at her. Why she was worthy of being Sith in the other Darth's eyes was beyond him. Still, he had words for both.

"I am Darth Mavanger. If you need any other proof of my ability, I am fresh from the battlefield. I've participated in many campaigns. Coruscant, Kuat, and Corellia most recently."

He gazed on the two, together. "One who is strong in body, but weak in mind, and one who is weak in both. If you truly intend on being Sith, you will be forged in the fires of battle. This is our way. Emotions are your weapon. Use them all. Do not become a slave to merely anger or pain- to do so seals your fate. My scars are borne gladly, my own lesson when I was still an apprentice."

He glanced at Roshan. "For you- your strength will serve you well. But your pride will be your downfall if you do not control it."

Then to Aliss-

"You will not survive in your current state. Timid and weak- either strengthen your resolve, or crumble and fall to others' ambitions."

He straightened his clothes. He was not intimidated by any in the room. Two apprentices and a Darth that hadn't left Korriban in years. Even if she was a talented fighter, he was fresh and practiced. Still, a fight wasn't why he was here. He was here to make war.

"You will be shown to your quarters by my troops. My slave will stay on Korriban and continue to recruit able-bodied Sith."

Edited by Mavanger

mavms.png

As Lady Sirena introduced them, Aliss was brought back to the present. She turned her gaze to the Sith Lord in time to catch his sneer. She was caught of guard for a moment before frowning returning his sneer with one of her own.

Roshan, meanwhile, watched the man in amusement as he sized them up with his eyes before introducing himself.

"I am Darth Mavanger. If you need any other proof of my ability, I am fresh from the battlefield. I've participated in many campaigns. Coruscant, Kuat, and Corellia most recently."

"Hmm," was Roshan's only reply.

"One who is strong in body, but weak in mind, and one who is weak in both. If you truly intend on being Sith, you will be forged in the fires of battle. This is our way. Emotions are your weapon. Use them all. Do not become a slave to merely anger or pain- to do so seals your fate. My scars are borne gladly, my own lesson when I was still an apprentice."

Roshan could feel Aliss moving forwards him. With his hands casually crossed behind his back, the Cathar quietly motioned for her to halt. This man may have been a bit full of himself as far as Roshan was concerned, but Aliss was easy to bait and the last thing he needed was her trying to start something.

"For you- your strength will serve you well. But your pride will be your downfall if you do not control it."

"Funny you say that..." Roshan replied dryly before allowing himself a light chuckle as the man addressed Aliss.

"You will not survive in your current state. Timid and weak- either strengthen your resolve, or crumble and fall to others' ambitions."

As Lord Mavanger finished his sentence, Roshan reflexively swung out his arm to create a barrier to block the girl's path. He had spent enough time with her to know what she was thinking. Or rather that she probably wasn't doing much thinking at this moment. Aliss had all but forgotten how she was feeling just moments ago as her anger pulsed in the form of a vein that protruded slightly from her forehead. Lord Roshan had already had more than enough outbursts out of this child to last him a lifetime and an outright altercation with this Dark Lord would be beyond foolish.

"You clearly aren't very smart if that's what you think of me, mister!"

"Calm down, girl. It's not that serious."

After a moment of passing tension, the man seemed unconcerned with Aliss or her suddenly aggressive posture. In fact, he finally decided to addressed Roshan's original question. 

"You will be shown to your quarters by my troops. My slave will stay on Korriban and continue to recruit able-bodied Sith."

Roshan grinned, "What a curious way to represent your interests. In that case, you might want to take a bit better care of your slave. At the very least, buy her proper clothing. It reflects poorly on you to take so little care of your property if you are this amazing Sith Lord your resume speaks to. Her treatment is the type of cheap pettiness that I'd expect from a struggling apprentice or a destitute master. Not a battle hardened Dark Lord that not only leads armies but intends to lead a grand campaign! You can tell a lot about a Sith and their leadership by how such a man treats his lessers."

Roshan watched the Sith Lord as he spoke. He had more to add but he wasn't going to push Darth Mavanger too hard on their first meeting. He didn't expect the two of them to become fast friends. But he wasn't here to necessarily make friends either. They were here because Darth Mavanger had sent out a call and Lady Sirena had chosen to answer it. As long as this helped Aliss get the training she need, Roshan was content. 

Of course, he was a bit concerned that Soulless had not chosen to come with them. Perhaps it had decided to seek training elsewhere. And to be fair, Roshan also admittedly had his doubts about Lady Sirena. Nevertheless, the Cathar was hopeful that she could be the mother figure that Aliss needed right now. Roshan knew he certainly wasn't a good fit for such a role. He arguably wasn't even fit to fill-in as her father figure. Yet somehow, here he was, standing on the bridge of the Wyvern in the middle of the Korriban spaceport with an angsty teenager, a devious midget, and a Dark Lord dreaming of grandeur. If there was one thing he learned early in life, it was that the universe never ceases to amaze.

___
image.png &  image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

Sirena simply stood and watched, her fleshed hand twirling her hair with a smirk across her face as Mordecai, Roshan, and Aliss conversed. The moment presented a comical and yet informative observation that told quite a bit of all involved in verse. It seemed Roshan was even trying to bait the Sith Lord. And Aliss was quick to let her Wrath get the better of her. Her gaze briefly shifted to Mordecai to see how his response would return.

Very few people knew the real Sirena, none of those present certainly, but she was born of the Old. For some, most notably Roshan, she was coy and playful. Others, like her former Master, she was deadly and decisive. She toyed with the souls of those around her, sometimes for her own amusement, other times for their own betterment. But those who knew her, always knew there was a method to her madness even if they themselves could not interpret it. And in this moment, she was curious as to how Roshan would fair if Mordecai did not tolerate his insolence.

Would he die at the Darth's hands? Would the Darth overlook it? Or would Roshan prove victorious? So many questions and outcomes toyed her thoughts. To be born of the Old, such was the path of power. To challenge another's command was to take their place. Such was how Darth Sirena was birthed into existence, endeavored to slay her Master for the right of Lordship. Was Roshan ready for such a step? Was Aliss? Her smirk only grew. Mordecai held the prestige to back his command, yet Roshan and Aliss had yet to prove themselves. Would this be the moment? Sirena could feel her excitement growing, the tingling sensation eclipsing her entirety as a subtle sigh escape her lips in silence and her eyes rolled back into her Hapian skull.

"How would you do it then Roshan?" Sirena questioned, her breathing heavy as her gaze shortly slowly between her two Apprentices, the Force slithering across her form as a serpent. "Aliss.... Do you feel a need to prove yourself?" Sirena ached for their replies, the darkness entrancing her mind with possibilities of potential.

Interesting. The young woman seemed to carry a hidden spark of defiance. Perhaps this is what the seductress sought to nurture in the girl. His eyes locked with hers for a dangerous moment- A challenge to a Lord's authority was not one taken lightly. He uncrossed his arms, placing his hands on his hips as the Cathar's insolence echoed throughout the room. He was silent for a moment, glancing at Lady Sirena. If she weren't so vital to his plan, he would strike the man down now. Still, it was better to hold onto his anger for now. Nurture it. Let it blossom into something truly terrible.

"Is this how you've trained your apprentices, Lady Sirena?" he asked, the implication hanging heavy in the air as the other lord spoke to her apprentices.

His gaze landed on the Cathar once more. Even with her importance, his disrespect would not go unanswered.

"Durose, is it? You call my leadership into question. My skill in war. You claim me to be a peddler of false promises and delusions of grandeur. But will you back your words with your blade? Will you try to strike me down, to claim my place as a Lord of the Sith and claim your title of Darth? Or will you let them waste away, too afraid of what may come to act. Would you shame yourself and your... girl, in casting empty accusations and baseless slander? What I do with my slaves is my prerogative as a lord of the Sith. If you wish to take that, then draw your blade." he hissed, the venomous promise of violence dripping from his words, his hands snaking to the twin sabers on his belt.

"My very weapons that I would use to strike you down are trophies of my victories. You stand upon a fleet of my own making, preparing for a campaign of my design, and claim that I am not worthy of Lord. Perhaps you do not understand what it means to be Sith. Perhaps it is you who is unworthy." he spat.

mavms.png

"How would you do it then Roshan? Aliss.... Do you feel a need to prove yourself?"

"Is this how you've trained your apprentices, Lady Sirena?"

Roshan lips curled underneath his mask. He had got the Sith's attention.

"Durose, is it? You call my leadership into question. My skill in war. You claim me to be a peddler of false promises and delusions of grandeur. But will you back your words with your blade? Will you try to strike me down, to claim my place as a Lord of the Sith and claim your title of Darth? Or will you let them waste away, too afraid of what may come to act. Would you shame yourself and your... girl, in casting empty accusations and baseless slander? What I do with my slaves is my prerogative as a lord of the Sith. If you wish to take that, then draw your blade."

As the Sith angrily replied, Roshan listened carefully to his words. The Cathar had no time for basic pleasantries when evaluating this man. If Sirena wanted to follow him to their deaths, that was her prerogative. But Roshan would not blindly follow such a man, even if he did hold the title of a Sith Lord. Roshan had seen plenty of unworthy men and women wield such titles as weapons, consumed by their own arrogance and prestige. Far too often, they surrounded themselves with yes men and mistreated their inferiors until they and their big-headedness became the very architects of their own demise.

Of course, Lord Roshan’s aggressive approach was unquestionably dangerous. It lacked the manipulative grace of a Republic Senator, instead clumsily racing towards their inevitable confrontation like an unfettered Rancor in heat. 

"My very weapons that I would use to strike you down are trophies of my victories. You stand upon a fleet of my own making, preparing for a campaign of my design, and claim that I am not worthy of Lord. Perhaps you do not understand what it means to be Sith. Perhaps it is you who is unworthy."

The Cathar had played out a few scenarios in his head even before he had decided to speak up. While Darth Mavanger’s response was a "positive start," Roshan felt like his adversarial tone had clearly obfuscated the meaning of the Cathar's words. Deep down inside, Roshan knew that he would have to push harder. The very thought made him shudder ever so slightly. He did not have any Force powers to fall back on. A physical confrontation could turn messy quickly. Yet, he could not protect himself or Aliss unless he knew what battles this man would lead them into. He had no choice but to continue. Otherwise, they were as good as dead already.

Taking a knee, Roshan opened his arms widely. He hoped that the gesture could defuse the man's anger long enough for him to finish his thought. Aliss, meanwhile, took a step back, puzzled by Lord Roshan's display.

Should I bow before you because of a title? And if I do, does it suddenly change my meaning? You miss the purpose of my admonition. I’d even say that you ventured to assume slander where there is none. If a titleless moisture farmer can fell a Sith Emperor, you are certainly not above reproach or greater than he, are you? Or have you started your own empire, conquered countless words, and begun reigning as the Lord of the Sith since last I slept? I accredit you for your impressive victories. I concurred from the start that you are a battle hardened Dark Lord that leads armies and intends to lead a grand campaign! None of that was spoken in jest. Strike me down with your stick and lose an ally if that fulfills your vanity. But I assume you not to be so vain to have accomplished so much already.”

Roshan slowly lowered his arms but remained on a knee as he continued, A yes man, I am not. I have no interest in taking your title. But if you are too important to absorb criticism, no matter how unflattering or upsetting, then we will lose this campaign to those who surround themselves with opposing voices and allow them to speak. If I am wrong or baseless in my statements, correct me with your wisdom and I shall bend the knee again.” 

“I will not dress you down in front of the army,” Roshan added as he looked around the otherwise mostly vacated room. “But when we are among fellow Sith, I am not afraid to speak my mind. I will tell you the things that others are too afraid to say to you. My point is simple. Since you are an illustrious Sith Lord, make sure that no one can mistake it! Presentation matters because your would-be allies and the lessers who make up the bulk of your might will judge you in silence by how you treat those that you claim as your own and send out to represent your interests. What’s more, if fear, hate, and passion are our greatest weapons against our enemies, surely empowering those under your thumb with such powerful emotions and then making yourself the villain in their hearts will only increase our odds of eventual folly, would it not?

Lord Roshan paused. He had more he could say but he could tell that he was testing the limits of the Sith Master's patience. He had made his point as concise as he could muster on such short notice. There was no taking his words or actions back. He would now have to live with the results. 

For better or worse, the Sith Lord had heard his words. They would now be disregarded, countered, entertained, challenged, or outright ignored. Nevertheless, the Cathar was quite confident that he would rather quickly know what type of Sith Lord he was dealing with by the man's response. He held his breath in anticipation, hoping for the best but fearing that some degree of pain or death might surely follow.

In hindsight, Roshan had realized from the start that the man’s title and accomplishments confirmed his individual combat and Force prowess. He also had little reason to doubt that Darth Mavanger had the tactical ability to win the battles in front of them. But wars were actually won on the backs of the lessers and, in part, because of the leader’s ability to surround himself with capable advisors. A true general’s most valuable skill was most often his ability to evaluate and make decisions based on a collection of opposing opinions, not necessarily by his own personal prowess with a lightsaber, much less the Force. Otherwise, lowly Force-less soldiers wouldn’t still make up the bulk of the oil that greased the wheels of galactic warfare.

There will always be more of them than there will be of us. Otherwise, the whole Jedi Order would have never so easily fallen to two Sith, much less the Sith fallen time and time again to makeshift bands of rebels, pirates, and other scoundrels.

___
image.png &  image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

Kahla wore a wide grin hearing to the back and forth of the Sith. She had stayed, lurking, listening from the side. Instead of trying to take part she opted to learn, she knew her master was well versed in negotiation, he could talk, and talk well. Though the fight she'd witnessed firsthand wasn't necessarily the best example, she also knew Mordecai was a very capable swordsman. Her heart throbbed with anticipation as Roshan pushed her masters buttons. He too was learning more of the Darth, just doing it his own way.

This battle of wits and positioning taught her much, from knowing your enemy to keeping yourself in reserve; to push the opponent over the edge while not letting yourself succumb to the same. It was thrilling to be sure, the tension, the excitement, Kahla absorbed herself in it, reveled in it.

She remained silent as she stepped away from Mordecai. While she fully expected him not take a strike, she would be ready for one. And from the sideline, she awaited eagerly.

kahala.png.91259c682421c23e82bdf3466492cecc.png

Mordecai sneered at Durose. It was one thing to challenge one's ideals, but it was another to disrespect one's authority before his council.

"If you would take a moment to take in the room, you would see that I surround myself with capable leaders and officers more experienced than I. I understand the requirement for those who would question my actions. These are warriors and tacticians who have earned my respect in the battle behind us. You, however, have not. You are an apprentice, one whom to my knowledge has never fought in a battle before. And yet you not only rebuke my decisions, but you question my very character without so much as thinking about why I would bother having this many present in my war room if not to heed their advice."

The kneeling bothered him. He was not one of the Sith who required those around him to kneel. His own apprentice had only been made to kneel once, as a right of passage.

"Stand. If I strike you down it will be in single combat, not while you are on your knees like a child waiting to be punished. You are right, presentation does matter. But you have not been to the battlefield. The slave is not an ally. It is an enemy, to be broken and shaped into a tool for proper use. It harbors hatred, which I will use. But it is not ready to be considered a person yet. And thus, it's legacy is the iron sands of Korriban, and it will fight for everything it has. The rags are a gift to preserve its dignity."

He glanced at Kahla. Wisely, she'd stayed out of the fray. For now.

"You need but only ask my apprentice, or the good Captain Maran how I treat those under my command. But you didn't. You didn't inspect, or ask questions. You only spoke, regardless of the truth evident around you. Is it not you who has shown hubris here, thinking yourself so right and so infallible that you assume a Sith with not only a higher title, but more experience than you, is less intelligent? Less capable of exerting his will?"

As he spoke, he motioned to the cloaked figure who was staying on the sidelines, and then to an officer present at the table. Kahla had only been his apprentice for a few months, and yet she already understood his design. His initial judgement of her had been too fast, though she was capable by his hand and his training alone. The Captain, on the other hand, had been with him for nearly a year, and what had started as a professional relationship had grown more akin to a friendship. The Captain had schooled him in the art of warfare and tactics, and in return Mordecai had given him a voice among his closest advisors. Whereas before, Mordecai had forbidden him from taking command of the ship and his fleet, he was currently the only officer that was trusted with such matters.

"There is a fine line, Durose, between voicing your opposition, and disrespecting your leaders. You'd be best to learn where it lay."

• Like 1

mavms.png

Roshan rose to his feet, eyeing the room around him before turning back to Mordecai. There were a few more present in the room than he had initially realized but that was yet another positive sign of proper leadership. Although his face was hidden beneath his mask, the Cathar grinned. He was very satisfied with Mordecai's performance, perhaps even impressed. Standing at attention, he nodded.

“You will have to excuse my excessive aggressiveness, Darth Mavanger. Or not, if that is your pleasure. It is a most crude way to get to know the superior, who will soon control all our fates, in such a quick burst.  But yes. While I might not agree with how you interpreted all my inferences, we can agree that I was, indeed, out of line. But you! You carried yourself with a level of class and authority that is to be respected. I’ve seen the misgivings and misdeeds of arrogant Sith that are small-minded and petty. I’ve seen how they treat or mistreat and disenfranchise their slaves and all the lessers around them. So my first impression had me worried.”

Stepping backward, the Cathar continued, “But while I’d like to see the slave treated better, regardless of “its” story, it would seem that that treatment isn’t representative of you or your leadership style. There are many foolish and arrogant Sith at Königreich des Teufels that I would not follow. But you seem to be the real deal. A true Darth worth following.. We are at your service, Darth Mavanger.”

With a slight bow of his head, the Cathar clasped his hands together in front of him and straightened his shoulders before returning to his stoic silence. All the while, Aliss stared at him with a befuddled expression, then looking to Darth Mavanger with a slight squint to her eyes, then looking back to the calm but still Roshan. Standing just off to Roshan's side and a few steps behind him, Aliss scratched her head a little bit. After a momentary pause, she simply shrugged to Sirena before attempting to match Roshan’s posture and await her next orders.

___
image.png & image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan

The world around her was but a distant fade as the back and forth between her Apprentices and Lord Mavanger continued, her attention perversely focused upon the sins of ego and temper dancing upon the ballot of the recycled air pulsing around them. Her breath heavy amongst the tightened lungs within, the tense aching of her muscles, the tingling of her spine and skin, all painfully pleasurable senses for the Lady preying upon the scents of conflict. It was wicked and cruel, but such was Sirena and her sin of lust.

When Roshan conceded finally, Sirena had to admit that she was slightly disappointed. But now wasn't the time for quarrels between commons, and there was such much to be presented upon the upcoming battlefields that laid ahead. So as her fixation subsided, the still glistening Hapian skin finding a coolness in the air, Sirena turned her attention to the matter at hand. "We thank you for your hospitality, Lord Mavanger, as well as your.." She paused briefly after winking at her towering pupil. "... Explanations on Etiquette. But now we must excuse ourselves for further training."

With that, Sirena brought her hands together around chest high and bowed, turning to make her exit with intent that her Apprentices follow. Letting his men lead them to their quarters, she briefly asked for a small detour to the ship's hangar bay where enough room was had for her next lessons. Now that they had touched and tasted the power of sin, it was time to harness it at will. And this was where it would get tricky. Sirena still held a few of the ingredients left from Korriban that would play well, but she needed a large enough area and privacy so that her students would not be held back. This was why she requested the hangar.

When they arrived, she would find a place away from any interference and populace, instructing Roshan and Aliss to sit across from her as she settled herself amongst the Force. Once they had, she poised but a single question to both of them. "How do you really feel about Lord Mavanger? Tell me everything. Do not hold back. Let your true thoughts be voiced without consequence."

As the Cathar submitted, Mordecai moved on, listening to his words with only the faintest attention. He'd made his point, and was focused on the map of the galaxy in front of him. When Sirena spoke, he looked up, giving her a nod.

"My hospitality is yours as long as you remain on this campaign. If you wish to leave I shall grant you one of my warships to ensure your safe return, and then it will return to me and my forces. When you wish to see your quarters ask any of the officers. They all know the way to the Sith quarters, in case they were to need me while I slept. "

He was silent for a moment after they left, and the other officers followed suit. After they were gone, he continued speaking.

"We'll save the rest of the breifing for when the other Sith join us. For now, sweep every ship for trackers and plot a course to Raxus Prime."

"Tell me, Kahla. You were silent during this exchange, so you will tell me directly. What do you think of these Sith, and how would you have handled the interaction?" he asked, turning to his apprentice as those that were present filed out of the room.

mavms.png

She watched quietly as the other Sith, and the crew departed. They were alone, and Kahla calmed. "Lady Sirena seems like fun, not quite care-free, but she does err on the side of playfulness." She remarked. "Her apprentice, Roshan..." She paused, considering her words carefully. "He's got spirit, or at least he did. Though he did cave quite quickly. As for the girl? A fiery temper to be sure, but obedient enough thankfully not to lash out to harshly."

Looking back and reflecting on the experience, Kahla found her stance on the interaction, and began speaking as though on level ground.

"Given your position, and the arguments risen, it's hard to say. Specifically when he brought up the treatment of your slave, that was smart move on his part. However, you handled that wisely. I would agree; a slave is not a person, but a possession. It is none of his concern how you treat your personal possessions, whether it be a trophy to be hung with pride, an artifact to be kept safe, or a common object, placed wherever without care."

Kahla spoke without fear in her voice, as she was speaking less to her master, and more to a man she respected; in her mind she told herself they were equals, regardless of title or experience,

"You are very well spoken, and you use your voice well, though personally, I prefer to stay reserved. Specifically when speaking to subordinate, I'd let them finish their thought, consider their point. If I agree, then I would build on that conversation, perhaps learn from their experience, or at the least, learn more about them as a person. If I disagree, I would reflect on what they had to say, and though I'd like to think myself very capable, I do understand that I can't be the only one thinking all the time; input is helpful, regardless of stance."

kahala.png.91259c682421c23e82bdf3466492cecc.png

Following Sirena out of the room, Roshan remained rather silent on the way to their quarters. After they detoured to the hanger bay, Aliss was quite intrigued. She wasn't sure what Sirena was up to but she was eager to continue with her training. She had still not forgotten Master Helios, even if Roshan was right about her whole experience simply being the illusion of a trickster.

Once the group had found a quiet location, Sirena motioned for them to sit. Aliss complied without hesitation, while Lord Roshan removed his mask before taking his seat.

"How do you really feel about Lord Mavanger? Tell me everything. Do not hold back. Let your true thoughts be voiced without consequence."

Aliss looked to Roshan, only to receive a raised eyebrow from the Cathar. She cleared her throat and turned back to Lady Sirena.

"I think he likes to sound important. He's kind of rude, actually. He even gave me the meanest look for no reason! And opened by trying to insult me for no reason, too! He's lucky Lord Roshan held me back! I was just waiting for him to try something!"

Aliss paused and looked over to Roshan, "Why didn't we put that arrogant windbag in his place?! On Ishvara you'd never let a human mouth off to us like that!"

The Cathar raised his eyebrow even higher, "I don't know about that, Aliss. But perhaps that was my mistake. A Cathar can only have so many enemies before one more is too many."

Aliss scrunched her face a little at the comment before looking to Sirena and rolling her eyes, "He's in one of those moods. Can I go back to my quarters? All he's going to do is ramble on and on and on and on. And maybe half of it will make any sense... if we are lucky!"

Roshan broke into a bout of hearty laughter at the girl's unexpected whining, "Well, perhaps, childyou should learn to listen better."

Hunching her shoulders forward, any excitement left on the girl's face disappeared. It was clear that she had surrendered to the inevitable lecture, conjecture, or ramblings that were to come. Lady Sirena had asked for him not to hold back so technically what was to come was all her fault. It was best not to fight it and just let him get it over with.

"The truth is," Roshan began in a rather monotone and matter of fact way. "I like Darth Ravanger and am thrilled to be working with him. My hostile interaction with him was never with the intent to fight him. It was with the intent to manipulate him and reveal his character. My experiences on Carida make me very leery of those who treat slaves as toys or worthless property and disrespect them for the fun of it. He established himself early on as someone who thought very highly of himself and his own ability to form opinions of others out of thin air without making any actual effort to get to know us. It was amusing, to be sure."

Roshan crossed his legs a little before continuing, "Of course, with such behavioral patterns set, is he to be just another Draken? Or worse yet, were we to follow a Lady Traya into battle? I refused to follow the likes of either of them to certain death. So it became immediately vital for me to know what type of man he was before we left. Not down the road or at the point in which it was too late and we were already as good as dead."

"So I had to know, what is he made of?" Roshan continued as he uncrossed his legs. "I baited him to show his power. When it comes to killing an adversary, it is helpful to know what their go-to Force power is when they are under stress or pressed. It is also helpful to know what powers they have access to in general. If he was as arrogant as and as bent on showing off the vanity of his power over others as some Sith, the setting we were in had him in the prefect position to strike. He was surrounded by friends and surely felt himself superior to me. It's doubtful you would have stopped him unless he intended on killing me. Instead, the Sith Lord could have flexed his powers against someone he could 'easily' defeat and have felt a sense of fulfillment many weak-minded Sith revel in."

Roshan's wandering eyes stopped for a moment and fixed firmly on Lady Sirena with a hint of excitement and satisfaction in them, "Instead, he showed himself to be a capable leader. He's not quite as capable as the giant, perhaps. He has a level of pride and possessive vanity that could lead us into situations where are margins of victory are dangerously slim because he overestimates his own prowess and expertise. Nevertheless, he does not seem to be so narcissistic that he would attack a potential ally to boost his own ego when threatened or to the point where he is unwilling to listen to those that disagree or even lash out against him. He's calm and level-headed enough to not be goaded or manipulated into a course of action easily, another trait that will serve us well if he's leading armies in battle."

"So you like him, even though he's a jerk," Aliss irritatedly replied with almost a hint of anger mixed with jealousy in her voice, momentarily interrupting Roshan's train of thought.

Roshan shrugged, "Like him? We don't agree on everything. He is young and brash in certain ways. Unnecessarily stubborn for his age. That can be used against him. But ultimately, I find him extremely prideful but not arrogant. A rare trait among Sith that will serve him well if we are to have success on this campaign without getting ourselves killed in the process. I was satisfied with our interaction so I stood down. Unless his actions change my assessment of his person and leadership over time, I am more than happy to follow him into battle and play the role of active observer for the time being."

Aliss pressed her palms against her cheeks while her elbows rested against her thighs. She signed a little as Roshan finished.

"What does that even mean?"

"What does what mean, child? I was rather elaborately clear."

"He's a jerk, Lady Sirena," Aliss sighed again, clearly fed up with the accolades being placed on this stranger who knew nothing and dared to call her weak and timid. "He thinks he's big and bad cuz he has a fancy title. And maybe he collected enough holy croms to get strong in the Force magic or whatever. But I bet without any Force powers, he's the one who would look weak and timid if he faced me!"

Aliss let slip a giddy grin as she imagined punching Darth Mavanger right between where his stupid nose and his ugly, Ortolan-colored eyes met. She'd watch the blood gush from his nostrils as the tears reflexively streamed out of his eyes and in that moment of disorientation, she'd knee him as hard as she could in the balls just for good measure. He wouldn't be nearly so smug and condescending then.

___
image.png & image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan
  • Like 1

Lady Sirena sat in silence as the two conversed between each other, not only allowing them to vent their truest of feelings and offer their honest of opinions, but to weigh their convictions amongst her own. If they were truly going to rise as her Apprentices, then she had to allow them to voice themselves and grant such respect, not as equals, but as learning students of the highest freedoms. When the two finished, Sirena chuckled ironically endearing.

"Roshan has a point Aliss. Arrogant as he may be, he's far from egotistical and possesses great leadership capabilities. And as a superior in rank, he should be respected, if only in formality. You don't have to like him to be respectful." Sirena spoke, a more serious demeanor settling over her form now that they stood alone and away from prying eyes, lest someone followed. It was time Sirena truly placed herself as their Tutor in the Ways of the Dark. "But Aliss also has a point, in that neither of you should ever let another look down their noses upon you simply because they think themselves the better. The Jedi have always thought themselves the same to our Order, and it has cost them dearly. Sometimes, humility is a far better teacher."

"Now. It's time to take your training further. I won't lie and say it won't be a pleasant experience for either of you, but given that we are now about to enter war with the fallen Republic, it's best I prepare you as quick as I can." In this moment, Sirena crack a devilish smirk despite the demeanor that had fallen serious in her gaze. She would enjoy this, but knew that they wouldn't. "There is a reason I call our greatest passions, the driving force that pushes us forward more than the rest, a Sin. It is what defines us and provides the most direct contact to our inner darkness within the Force, hence, Sin. It is our Primordial Power."

Her gaze shifts to Aliss.

"Aliss. You have a temper. And you act without thought of consequence or reaction. Your Sin is that of Anger and Wrath. This will be the easiest passion to draw upon in your time of need. It will define your life and your path as a Sith." Sirena spoke, the smirk still adorning her face as she gauged Aliss' reaction. "But the consequences of such a Sin could be dire without control. If it consumes you, you could lose yourself to it and be caught off guard very quickly. You need to learn to use that temper to your benefit."

Her gaze shifts solely to Roshan.

"Roshan. Unlike Mordecai, you're not arrogant, and yet very Prideful all the same and I feel there is reason for this. There is no doubt that Pride is your greatest sin, and you wear it without guilt. It has shaped your entire life up until now." Sirena gave him an almost knowing look, not that she had discovered his past, but that she senses a reason behind his knowledge. "But you have never truly grasped it's concept, explored it's hidden depths, and as such, have failed because of it. Pride, like Wrath, is very powerful, but only if tapped into correctly. It isn't about that you have never failed, but that you will never allow yourself to fail."

Sirena turned back to them both, letting her words fall upon their darkened hearts the way that they would, whether anger or bitterness was the end result. But this was the truth that she had read in their actions, and in order to truly break the chains that held them back, the sore truth would be the first chisel driven. Laying two lead pipes before them, she finished her next lesson. "Pride and Wrath are powerful in their own rights. But fate has lead to a combination between the two of you, one of both Sins to stand beside the other. Before you two are ordinary pipes, simple and ordinary. I want you two to hone in on these and let your sins open you to the Force that flows through these objects. And if you fail, remember, no one is perfect and some are just plain weak."

Sirena's smirk grew wider, her words left hanging for the two to interpret how they would. It was time for each to blossom according to their own will.

OOC: I want two posts to complete this. Both could fail in the first post, or neither. Play to their strengths and weaknesses and let them flow naturally.

Mordecai listened to his apprentice speak. She did so as though she were an equal, a slight he could forgive this time. He'd given her permission to do so, in a way. He would have to be more careful on how he worded his teachings, he supposed. And yet, she seemed to have missed a few vital details.

"He did not cave. When you knelt before me on Korriban, you caved to my power. He did not. Even kneeling, he questioned my judgement. I'm sure he still very much thinks himself above us, but is too intelligent to truly believe he could take me. To politic among the Sith is a tricky thing. You must assert your dominance without over-reaching or self-aggrandizing, but if your opponent is someone of a higher position than you, you must show respect and bend the knee while showing you are not meek. To fail in either of these positions can lead to your death or ridicule among your peers. I doubt he will stay in line forever, but I am prepared, should he try to face me."

He stopped a mere moment, to let Kahla take in his words.

"The young girl has power in the force, and the anger to wield it. I was... misled by her original demeanor, and it will not happen again. But she is untrained, undisciplined. Should she have attacked, even you could have bested her. This will not always be the case, however, assuming she survives what is to come. As for the slave, you've missed subtext. I don't blame you. I despise the assassins and their way of needling their fellow Sith. He was questioning my leadership. I doubt he cares at all for the single life that I control in slavery. Seeing if I would take his bait. It was indeed a good way to judge my demeanor, though not in the way that you've assumed."

He glanced at the door. The Captain was his personal advisor. Much of what Kahla said was important to know. There was more to command than an iron fist. Yet still she missed lessons.

"Your subordinates are an important source of knowledge and advice, but you must always remember your station. As Sith, we are above any Imperial, regardless of their rank. This is a gift, but also a burden. None shall openly defy our will, but should a strategy or a campaign fail, you will be the one punished the most, not the grunts. Now, I grow weary of philosophizing. Come with me. We will spar, and I will assess your progress."

mavms.png

ROSHAN:

Roshan and Aliss listened in silence as Lady Sirena spoke. Then came the pipes and Roshan raised an eyebrow. Before Roshan could question her as far as her intent, Lady Sirena spoke.

"Pride and Wrath are powerful in their own rights. But fate has lead to a combination between the two of you, one of both Sins to stand beside the other. Before you two are ordinary pipes, simple and ordinary. I want you two to hone in on these and let your sins open you to the Force that flows through these objects. And if you fail, remember, no one is perfect and some are just plain weak."

Aliss looked to the pipe and then to Lady Sirena and then to Roshan. The Cathar remained silent. His arms were folded but one hand was subtly outstretched towards the pipe. His demeanor was calm and stoic. Inside, anger and frustration raged. This was as easy a manipulation of the Force as one could ask for. It was perhaps even a little bit insulting, albeit probably not intentionally so. She did not know of his training or his former master or his past in general. But ever since he had donned this Sith armor and intentionally accepted the Sith hex that his nemesis had placed on it, his connection to the Force had been more elusive than a well-connected crime lord skipping out on bail. He could best describe it as the Force equivalent to trying to regain your senses after a flash bang grenade had just gone off. Only, his "Force senses" weren't coming back naturally. He was having to work for every ounce of Force power he could muster. In fact, since his desperate outburst inside the Sith lab where they had found Solus, this was the first time Roshan had actively attempted to tap into the Force on any truly meaningful level.

The atrophy of his "Force muscles" left Roshan feeling exposed. If pride truly was his "sin," then humiliation was now his punishment. He refused to show it, of course, mentally fighting through the chaos of his mind like a soldier suppressing his flight response as the bombs go off around him and the blaster bolts whizz by, instead focused firmly on lining up and taking the next shot.

At first, the object began to rattle against the ground as if a large freighter was coming in for a landing a few feet away. That was a good sign. Roshan could finally feel what he had been looking for. Focusing in on it, he channeled his frustration into the object, his eyes growing wide and his arm rapidly reaching out towards the metal pipe before stiffening. The sensation was eerie for lack of a better word. Roshan felt like a bodybuilder who had awoken from months in a coma only to discovered that he could barely walk, much less lift the lightest of weights.

It was clear to Roshan that he would have to practically relearn everything before he'd have the level of control and subtly that he once had. Thankfully, though, this test wasn't about subtly and the pipe wasn't of substantial size either. With a forceful swing of his outstretched arm and a grimace, Roshan rapidly flung the steel pipe into the adjacent wall to a loud bang, followed by a series of clatters against the floor. Roshan allowed a momentary grin before a cold piece of durasteel whacked him upside the head and sent the dazed Cathar falling backwards, off of the cargo container where he had been sitting. His impact was the floor nearly knocked the wind out of his lungs as something heavy landed on his chest.

ALISS:

The girl looked to the pipe and then to Lady Sirena and then to Roshan. Everyone was silent. The girl stared at the pipe again and then at Roshan. She noticed his hand subtly pointed towards the pipe. 

I want you two to hone in on these and let your sins open you to the force that flows through these objects.

Aliss was all but certain that Lady Sirena must mean for this to be a sparing contest. There were two rod-like pipes just sitting there, after all! Lord Roshan was probably taunting her, attempting to make it look like she had a chance. As soon as she came at him, of course, he'd pull the pipe to himself and make her look slow and unimpressive. Or at least, that's what he thought would happen! 

When the pipe started vibrating on the ground, she was sure of it. It wasn't the first she had seen him pull a sparring object to himself during a demonstration. He was clearly waiting for her to make her move. But he was a fool if he thought she was still as slow as she once was. They had been through a lot since their last sparing exercises several months ago.

Your Sin is that of Anger and Wrath. This will be the easiest passion to draw upon in your time of need. It will define your life and your path as a Sith.

The girl had no idea what Lady Sirena meant. So she just let all her frustration and anger out, imagining that Roshan was that blue-eye Darth Arrogant and she was about to exact her revenge on that snob. Springing from her seat, Aliss leaped through the air and shifted her heels sideways, allowing the friction to slow her momentum as she slid up to the one pipe that was not shaking. Then, in almost one fluid motion, Aliss swiped the pipe from off of the ground and launched her attack at Lord Roshan with all her anger and might and force she could muster. She was determined to beat the pipe that Roshan was inevitably pulling to himself the moment he saw her grab the other. She'd show Lady Sirena and Lord Roshan force!

Her boots stomped against the metal floor of the cargo bay only three times before she vaulted herself into the air. She was surely a crazy sight to see as the girl came screaming across the room, both literally and figurately, with her pipe cocked and ready. Everything happened so fast but it almost felt like the world was moving in slow motion for a split second or two. She could see Roshan's eyes and his expression. It was almost as if he was so focused on his pipe that he didn't even see her coming. As he shifted his arm to the side, Aliss was almost certain he was going to attempt to knock her away but he was too early -- far too early -- and had opened himself up for her "kill shot." Roshan would now be introduced to the "force that flows through these object" and she'd be the winner of today's exercise. No stupid Darth would be calling her "just plain weak" anymore!

WHACK!

The pipe was a bit unwieldy for someone of her size and physical strength but Aliss was, nevertheless, impressed by the amount of momentum she was able to put into her swing. The Cathar's fur might have cushioned it ever so slightly, but the way his eyes seemed to roll back in his head, she felt confident that he wasn't going to be bouncing right back up after a hit like that. This was good because she had lost a hold of the pipe during the impact and she'd certainly need to recover it before she'd be declared the victor. 

Riding Roshan to the ground, Aliss cushioned her fall with his chest before rolling off and quickly regathering her pipe. Then outstretching it towards Roshan's neck, the girl giddily looked back at Lady Sirena. She couldn't believe she had beaten Roshan's pull! She'd never-ever-ever beaten Roshan before. Ever. Maybe there was something to this anger and magic vision gel and "holy croms" collecting after all!

"I win! I win!" She exclaimed, almost ready to jump into the air if she hasn't needed to keep the pipe at Roshan's throat to prove her supremacy.

Of course, in her excitement the girl didn't notice the Cathar's unconscious state, the blood on the side of her pipe, or the blood rolling down the side of his head from where she had blasted him. She was too busy taking in the accomplishment of her harnessing of her force like Lady Sirena had asked them to.

___
image.png.1219d99494a9fbedf2d1e0f4b4c51cd1.png & image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan
  • Haha 1

Sirena watched in silence as the two began, her focus more delved upon Roshan than Aliss as he made his attempt. Something was wrong. His power was there, but it was almost as if he had lost the will to wield it, or perhaps couldn't. Her brow furrowed, studying him, waiting, watching. It was almost disappointing as he struggled against his humility in his pride. Then a rattle echoed, the stir of the Force creaking as his pride lashed out, the echoes of it rippling through the waves of what laid within. And then success. She smiled. He had overcame his humility with his pride, just as she foresaw.

What she hadn't foresaw was the idiocracy of Aliss, her distraction of focusing on Roshan's struggles having lost her sight of the younger pupil until she bludgeoned her father figure out cold with a single blow before exclaiming victory in a means unintended. Usually, Sirena would have praised the girl for the out of the box thinking, but they were heading into war and her intent was to force the girl into unlocking her potential. Rage boiled about in her blood as Sirena locked eyes with the young girl, outstretching her prosthetic arm and grasping at the girls throat with but a mere thought in mind.

"Insolent child!" Sirena's voice echoed her belittling as she envisioned the girl choking from where she stood, the Force flowing to her will and her will alone, grasping tightly at Aliss' throat. "The Force flows through everything, even the muscles within your throat. Do you feel that constriction? That tightening? That is the will I am trying to teach you, the will your father grasped so easily before you struck him!"

Sirena let go of the Force, her playful demeanor gone and her blue gaze alit with flame of anger and disgust. Reaching into her pocket, she removed a salve and made her way to Roshan. Dipping her fingers in it, she bent down and applied it to his wound before wiping it upon his fur and off her hands. Standing, her gaze shifted back to Aliss. "Try it again, but this time, without the use of your hands and on me. Attack me child. Let your emotions will it."

• Like 1

"Insolent child!"

Aliss instantly felt the powerful grip of Sirena around her throat. The girl could feel the blood within her own body boiling. She had been given no directions, still fulfilled the objective, and now she was being punished?! Gripping at her neck with her free hand, Aliss furiously hurled the pipe towards Lady Sirena. In the midst of her choking, the girl's aim was wildly inaccurate and the throw was weak at best. She would have cursed the witch if she wasn't so focused on the terrifying sensation of being strangled that she was currently experiencing.

Aliss stumbled several feet backwards, hoping that she could get out of range of her supernatural stranglehold. It was no good. She could feel the grip growing even tighter. She clawed at her neck, trying to scream out in rage. She could feel the veins in her head popping out, partly because of her anger and partly because of her loss of air.

"That is the will I am trying to teach you, the will your father grasped so easily before you struck him!"

Once Sirena finally released her hold, the girl's knees buckled and Aliss was left gagging for breath. After a few seconds, the girl's breathing returned to normal. By the time she caught her breath and looked up, Sirena was standing by Roshan.

"Try it again, but this time, without the use of your hands and on me. Attack me child. Let your emotions will it."

She was so mad about being punished for no reason, Aliss yelled back at the Sith, spitting as she spoke, "I can't do what you can, genius!"

She gestured towards Roshan angrily as she wiped some spit from the side of her face. She was so mad she could cry.

"I'm not a demigod like him or you! I do not have the blessings of the gods. Not even after stealing the Sith artifact! I thought it would make me feel different... 

She paused and looked down with hints of sadness and frustration in her voice, "But I am still just the same me. I am still a Lesser. All I have is my training, my speed, and my skill at combat."

Lady Sirena might have said something in response to the girl's comments but she was no longer listening. Instead, Aliss was raging inside.

The Force? Was that what this lady called it? Is that what this lady meant?!

Aliss was familiar with the superior energy that fueled the Blessed of the gods. As Roshan once put it to the Knights, "some are blessed to be gods among men and upon their shoulders falls leadership and through this superior life force or energy, they can perform amazing feats. Through the ways of the Echani some can focus such life energy better than others but the Lessers can never truly acquire the gifts of the gods. And that's okay. I don't expect you to. You don't need that to be elite Knights of Roshan."

At an early age, Aliss had been placed among the advanced students of Roshan's Knights. She had never quite understood what Roshan had seen in her. Some of the other Knights resented her for it, though, to be sure. They always claimed she was simply receiving special treatment because of the close relationship Roshan had with her mother. It made sense. She was no stranger to seeing favoritism play out among the inhabitants of the commune and her mother and Roshan were, indeed, close friends. But Rose had taught her never to waste her opportunities so Aliss never allowed their powers to stop her from pushing on.

Of course, favoritism wasn't as glamourous as everyone made it out to be. Roshan seemed intent on always scolding her but continually praising the other boys. She was never controlled enough or fast enough or calm enough. Her technique was either too sloppy or she made more mistakes than her older peers. Of course, it wasn't from lack of trying. And the longer she spared with the others, the closer to came to besting them.

This wasn't the first time she had been scolded from not feeling the "life energy" around her and allowing it to flow through or "mesh" with her inner spirit. But Roshan's lectures usually involved some foot positioning she messed up or an opening she left vulnerable or an attack opportunity that she had failed to capitalize on. It wasn't that she hadn't felt the energy or matched a demigod in his ability to use space magic! Her ability to harness her inner life energy was the one thing he actually praised on rare occasions. She was easily the fastest of all the advanced students, even Roshan's star pupil, Nomi. It was always her technique or attention to detail that had failed her.

Now looking up at the woman in this moment, the girl's head felt heavy. Instead of saying more or rising to attack the woman, she dropped her head in anger. She was so mad she was starting to feel its toll in the form of overwhelming physical exhaustion. This woman knew nothing. She expected the impossible. Aliss had mustered every ounce of "life force energy" she could to beat Roshan's pull and make her strike first. She had tried to tap into every congeries of the emotions she could, just as the lady had asked. And what's more, she had even succeeded! She had beat Roshan! He hadn't pulled the object to himself before she had reached him! Sirena had to have seen that! That was surely what he was attempting to do. That was the object of this exercise, was it not! To use the pipes and win their sparing match!!!

How have I failed!? Because I lack the powers of a demigod?! Because I can't choke her from across the room?! Because I didn't beat you both down before you could react?!

Now Lady Sirena was just stroking her own ego. Aliss knew she couldn't take her. If she wasn't going to play fair, all her mustering of all the life energy and speed in the world wasn't going to defeat a demigod. The holy crom had given her no new powers. The vision had not made her blessed by the gods. Lady Sirena had not taught her how to unlock the secrets of her ancient Sith artifacts. Aliss had nothing to attack her with. No means of winning. To attempt to fight now would be...

And then it hit her. In the flurry of seconds that it took for her mind to process the last minute or so of activity, a light suddenly flickered on in her head. Channeling all the angst she could muster, Aliss would show this arrogant idiot what she could do, even if she was simply an advanced Lesser.

Using her hands to push off of the ground, Aliss bounced to her feet, shooting forward like a track star shooting off of their block. Her pace quickened, her feet rapidly moving. At the same time, Aliss ignited her lightsaber and hurled it at the woman, lunging at her a split second after she released the saber from her hands. Her sidearm throw arc'd it slightly, hopefully buying her leap a little time. She doubted that she could beat the throw but she could definitely try. She honestly didn't know if her strategy would work at all. If Lady Sirena was anything like Roshan, she knew that the "Blessed" could stop objects in mid-air. But her intention wasn't to actually hit the Sith with the lightsaber. She'd surely stop that. Plus, killing the woman would significantly drop her chances of future training.

No, her intention was to distract Lady Sirena for just that split second. She'd play by the rules. She wouldn't use her hands this time. But could Lady Sirena stop the lightsaber and Aliss' knee from plowing her in the face if they both arrived at the same time? Lady Sirena had asked for her to attack, after all. If this was a training exercise to see what she was capable of and one downed foe was not enough, Aliss would prove herself worthy or at least go down fighting. She was tired of bearing all the insults.

"I am not weak and I am not a child!" She roared as the girl and the thrown lightsaber came rapidly sailing through the air at Lady Sirena.

___
image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan
  • Like 1

A nerve had been struck in Sirena as her gaze looked upon the distraught Aliss and it became ever so evident in her face as her eyes grew wide and her mouth rested. Demigods? Lessers? Blessings? Her gaze shifted to Roshan with disappointment. Had his ego been so arrogant? Had his pride been so false? Had he been so weak? True strength had always been found in lifting up those who followed you, not in placing false idolism upon yourself. No. She would teach him the errors of his ways just as she would with Aliss. She would break this idolatry right here and now. She would expose the lies and rebuild what was left of it's ruin. This was her place as Master. Her gaze shifted back to Aliss.

Just as Sirena turned, she met the incoming attack with foreseen knowledge, her hands snaking up in time to catch the saber in her left hand and deflect the knee of the girl with her right,  the Force swelled within her hand just as the knee grazed her chin, and she pushed the girl away harshly. There was no time for such subtleties. Wiping away the dripping blood of her busted lips, her gaze fell upon her hand before shifting to Aliss, her hand revealing the blood that she bled.

"There are no God's, child. There are no blessings, nor lessers or betters." She scolded without remorse, spitting what blood dripped inside of her mouth and across her pearled teeth. "I'm not sure what fantasies Roshan filled your primal head with, but they're lies. We are all born of the Force, a bond that flows through everything, and while some cannot feel it, we are all born with an ability to touch it in some form or fashion."

"While the philosophical Jedi would lead you to believe that such a thing is bad, teaching you to smother your gift in peace, falsely claiming that any use of it for yourself would distort the balance of it, we of the Sith seek to nurture our connection with it and grow." Her gaze at Sirena was stern, cold, and unwavering as she tried to explain it's principle into the young girl's thick and dull skull, her voice booming of her disdain in her lack of knowledge and belief in lies. "You have that connection, just as I do, just as Roshan and Mavanger. And no artifact or holocron will make you stronger. Only you can do that."

Sirena took a deep breath, looking back at Roshan who seemed to be stirring from his well deserved knock on the nogging. False idolism and egotistical arrogance. Pathetic. Her gaze shifted back to Aliss whether the girl believed her words or remained in denial.

"My job is to teach you the path to walk, to show you the power within you and your connection to the Force." Sirena's words softened as she exhaled her disgusted sigh. "But only you can find your limits. This is what I am trying to teach you, to find your connection to the Force and wield it."

Flung across the room, the girl rattled against a nearby bulkhead before crashing to the ground. She momentarily gasped for air thanks to an awkward fall that knocked the wind out of her in the process.

It felt like she had been thrown from a speeding skiff. She could taste the blood dribbling down her chin. Her tongue wiggled around in her mouth, locating the inner portion of her lip that she had managed to bite. She spit and saw red. The taste of blood reenergized the girl. And looking up to see that Lady Sirena was bleeding only excited her more. Her attack had succeeded. She had made the demigod bleed.

"There are no God's, child. There are no blessings, nor lessers or betters."

She was a liar. Or perhaps a heretic. Even the Sith believed in gods. Roshan had spoken of them. Aliss believed in them. And she knew that there were definitely Lessers. The history and the very nature of her homeworld, Ishvara, was the product of the delineation between and domination of the Blessed over the Lessers. She had seen the Sith caches and hidden temples with her very eyes. Lord Roshan had not sheltered his Knights from the harsh, unfair, and unforgiving reality of the real world.

"...We are all born of the Force, a bond that flows through everything, and while some cannot feel it, we are all born with an ability to touch it in some form or fashion."

Was that how her teacher lied to her? Did that help her feel better about the Lessers? Was that why she offered that pitiful slave her own vessel to escape, naïve to the reality that "a Lesser cannot escape the reality of what they are, even if they run from where they are"If there are no gods and no blessings and no Lessers or Betters and we are all born of "the Force," then why can't we ALL feel it the SAME. Fool. She speaks blasphemy.

Struggling to her feet, the girl's anger suddenly abated completely. Instead, she felt pity for this Sith master. Sirena had been lied to, taught to deny even her own divinity, esteeming as ordinary the blessings and power she had received at birth. It was the luxury of the demigods to believe that there was actually some sort of equality between them and the Lessers. For a Lesser, you knew no such world. Only fear and fervent prayers that Nurgle or some other might look down upon you and bless you enough to allow you to stand alongside the Blessed. "But many are the unanswered prayers of the weak."

Aliss could hear Sirena's distain but also the conviction in the woman's voice as she continued, "You have that connection, just as I do, just as Roshan and Mavanger. And no artifact or holocron will make you stronger. Only you can do that."

Oddly enough, for as many lies as the woman had been led to believe and repeat, Aliss believed this statement of hers. The girl had now struck not one, but two demigods! Once might have been luck, but twice surely must have been a blessing. Had the holy crom that she had stolen earlier blessed her, after all? Had the gods seen her tenacity and rewarded her?! Perhaps all she was lacking was enough faith.

"...This is what I am trying to teach you, to find your connection to the Force and wield it."

A smirk crept across the girl's face as Sirena finished speaking. The blood in her mouth and Sirena's and that of Roshan's that adorned the deck must have been a sign! The sacrifice spilled for a shared trinity. No Lesser could have drawn blood against two demigods, much less ones with the titles of Lord and Lady! Perhaps the gods had, indeed, heard her request and blessed her holy quest to have Helios' head! Had she finally ascended without even realizing it?! There was only one way to find out.

Turning her eyes away from Sirena, she focused on the pipe that Roshan had thrown moments earlier. She had seen how Lady Sirena had done it. Roshan always did the same. An outstretched arm. A focused glare. She would have been mocked endlessly by the other children to even have attempted such a thing on Ishvara. But they were all dead so she was the only one laughing now.

Reaching out in the Force, she felt for the pipe, trying to feel the life energy around it in much the same way as she might attempt to tapped into her own potential, only transposed across a far greater distance. Lady Sirena may have been mislead by her teachers but her powers and blessings were undeniable. Perhaps Roshan had been lead to her by the gods to return Sirena to the fold. It didn't matter, though. Sirena was either wrong about the girl's newly Blessed state or she was right. Was it possible for a Lesser to ascend? Aliss felt her faith wavering but she pushed through the doubt.

And then she felt it. It was almost akin to what she imagined a phantom limb might feel like. While she saw nothing there, she could feel the sensations of the pipe. Unsure of her own strength, Aliss impatiently yanked at the item to pull it towards her. Their competition wasn't done. Lady Sirena hadn't surrendered. If she could arm herself again, Aliss could make another attack and prove herself once and for all...

Of course, her plan didn't quite go as she intended. Aliss pulled, but far too hard. The pipe shot at her like it had been fired out of a cannon. Futilely attempting to grab the projectile as it came whizzing at her, her heart leapt for joy in that split second. There was a serene calm and thankfulness that fell over the girl. The euphoria was hard to describe in words. All her life, her mother had told her she was special. All her life, she had wished and hoped and prayed to be a Blessed one, even though she knew it was impossible. But as the pipe rocketed towards her head, she realized that she had finally crossed that impossible threshold. She had truly done it. Lady Sirena was right. She was Blessed now. She was a demigod!

Mom... I did it!

As the pipe ricocheted off the girl's head and her body collapsed to the floor, Roshan stirred ever so slightly. His head felt like someone had hit him with a sledgehammer. He squinted hard at the blinding overhead lights of the cargo bay, deciding to instead keep his eyes closed for the time being.

Mumbling a little, he groaned, "What happened? Where am I? Is anybody there?"

Feeling his head, he could tell that one side was wet.

Great.

___
image.png & image.png

Edited by Durose Roshan
  • Haha 1