publishing

Hey friends!

So I'm finally moving forward in publishing my first novel. I told myself it was going to be one of my goals for this year. I've been working on it, and I feel it's finally ready. I found a company that will work with me to self-publish it, and it seems like it's going to be a good fit for me.

But now comes the money. Overall, I'm pleased with the prices, but there is something significant with facing having to pay $2600 for it to be published. The money is comprehensive and includes a lot of different services, including professional editing, cover design, etc. It's a great package.

But it's also a lot of money for me. I'm torn. I could go ahead and do it...or I could save up for a few months and do it later...or I could just hold off longer. I don't know. What do you think? Those of you who have published, was it worth the cost? I don't expect to ever really make up the money in royalties, because I'm not thinking I'll actually sell many copies, but I'm okay with that.

Edited by Guest

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

That's awesome news! I'd recommend having a chat with Geki if he's still on the GB group and asking him how he went about it.

I think, personally, that to have a published book of your own would be such an amazing thing. I remember how excited I was just to get my Honours Thesis printed and bound...so to have something creative that you've written published would be very very cool.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

That's actually a great idea about crowd funding, SH. I'll definitely have to consider it. I actually mentioned it to a friend and she said she'd love to be an "investor", so maybe there would be others out there who were interested.

Thanks for your encouragement, friends.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 7 months later...

This reminds me, I really do need to get a copy of your book, Ami! Is it still only available in e-book format, or could I get a physical copy?

xDS3U7I.jpg

Continuing the J.Net Revival in 2017

Pittsburgh Champions

Steelers: 6 Time Super Bowl Champs

Penguins: 5 Time Stanley Cup Champs

Someday the Pirates will REALLY get their act together...

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the info! I'll have to add that to my next Amazon order.

xDS3U7I.jpg

Continuing the J.Net Revival in 2017

Pittsburgh Champions

Steelers: 6 Time Super Bowl Champs

Penguins: 5 Time Stanley Cup Champs

Someday the Pirates will REALLY get their act together...