DeviantArt Group

Travis

As part of a larger drive to diversify this site, the admins authorized me to make an official Jnet group on DeviantArt. It is now up and waiting for members to fill it with all of the awesome art and literature that we have made. The group is called Jnet-Artists and is designed to essentially display anything our members make. Yes, it is mainly Star Wars themed, but that is not its only function. All art is welcome, as long as it fits within Jnet's rules regarding adult content.

What I would very much like to see is for people who have produced art for the site to make an account there (it is free), upload their art, and submit it to the group. This site is filled with stories and Star Wars themed art (signatures, avatars, etc) that would do fine there. The only thing is that, if you are submitting a sig or avatar, it cannot have any art that is not either official (such as from the movies or a comic book or video game artwork) or made by your own hands from scratch. If you found a really cool picture of a guy on the web and edited it a bit to make a sig, that cannot be submitted on DeviantArt. If you took some picture of a Stormtrooper from a Star Wars video game and made it into a sig, that is fair game as George Lucas has made it very clear that he is all for allowing fans to use his stuff for non-profit purposes. This applies to all sorts of fan based material.

Another thing, if you are part of some other Star Wars fan group on DeviantArt, let me know and I can see about affiliating Jnet-Artists with them. That would be a cool way for us to get more attention to our artwork and the site as well as possibly give our artists inspiration and ideas for their own work. I want to make this group flourish so that it can further inspire us to make more art and possibly bring some attention to this site.

• 2 weeks later...
I should have clarified, but the DA group follows the same guidelines as Jnet does and therefore must be PG-13 with no nudity in it.

Okay. I figured as much. I just wanted to double check before we start seeing all sorts of Leia on Chewie level stuff.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen