Those Who Favor Fire - illustrated short story (M/W/F)

Tiana Calthye

Oops! Well, it's still Friday here. I kind of ended up away from my computer all day, but on the plus side, I'm now the proud owner of FLAG TAPE ORANGE LIPSTICK which looks amazing thankyouverymuch.

Thank you for your well thought out comment, JJS! If by the time this story is done you still like my unusual dreamy surrealism I'd definitely suggest you check out my other comic... while it's less developed as it really was my "developmental comic", it definitely contains a lot more dreamy surrealism... what can I say, painty dreamy surrealism is kind of my personal speciality. In fact, dreamy is absolutely the right word...

20120216.jpg

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

So I can't not check this one out..it's so quick to check. Still not much to comment on story-wise, except that I'm still very intrigued as to whats going on. The artwork continues to be incredible.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

I never noticed that you asked me a question before. ^^; Sorry. In answer, I would like to eventually post it online, but it won't be for a while.

I'd like to know where you're going with this from here on out. Is it a revenge story? Just a story of a girl trying to make her way and recover from such a horrible loss? I guess I'm asking for a slight story summary (well the beginning type thing, like you'd find on the back of a book).

You know the closer you get to something

The tougher it is to see it,

And I'll Never take it for granted,

Let's go!

Every_Super_Villain_should_have_a_g.jpg

I guess I'm asking for a slight story summary (well the beginning type thing, like you'd find on the back of a book).

It's a short story. You're basically asking me to spoil the whole thing! Fortunately you asked at THIS page... no, it's not what I'd consider to be a revenge story.

I'll answer your question after the page because the answer spoils this page.

20120221.jpg

"One woman survives the apocalypse. As she makes her way through the ruins of her old world, she discovers she's not the only survivor, and the truth about why only she survived."

It's an origin story for the (SPOILER!) Maldlahin of Fire (they're like, elemental gods, kind of?), so it was made as a side story to my main comic. Any readers of my other comic likely recognized her by this point as being "Fire", so in a way my posting just this here is like the Phantom Menace without the OT.

In my mind it's more of the tale of how she chooses to deal with what happened... just a small personal vignette about anger, grief, and fire. (It may be telling that I wrote it at a point in my personal life where a few relatives and a family friend all died in rather quick succession.)

Brendo: Haha, my quick updates have lured you in!

Thank you for the compliments on my art.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Granted, I'm sure that I didn't get the full effect looking through on my phone, but still, I'm impressed, Tiana! I like your artwork a whole lot, as always, and while I haven't checked Between Places recently I think I can see how this ties in from your explanation. I'm amazed by what you can do on that tablet, and especially within that amount of time!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I haven't checked out Between Places recently but just went through all of this in one sitting and it's pretty awesome. You're artwork is amazing.

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit
One flash of my perfect chest and he'll be knocked out in a happytime daydream.

• 3 weeks later...

M/W/F posts, eh? I count several missing weeks....

Are we gonna get more soon?

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23