The Trouble With Green Eyes (J\J Complete)

Jedi Snarky

Rating: PG

Timeframe: Post Vong War (AU!)

Characters: Jacen Solo and Jysella Horn

Length: Multi-post short story

Author's Note:

This was written six years ago...before all the weird stuff happend with Jacen. This is kind of a rewrite of I, the Jedi's Daughter which is why I am posting it here. Yes, I know the age difference is great...and oh, so awesome. Also, the personalities probably aren't canon, because after I think Rebirth, I just stopped reading the books. Sorry.

The Trouble With Green Eyes

Sometimes Jysella was certain that the Jedi Knights and Masters were out to get the mere apprentices. At least that was how she felt about being scheduled for an early morning first aid class. It did help, however, that the teacher, Healer Jacen Solo, was rather handsome. Whenever he almost caught her staring at him, she pretended to doze off. This morning, however, she'd been up late playing sabaac against Myri Antilles and losing horribly. She'd tried to keep playing until she won at least another hand, but Myri had insisted that it was time to stop at 0400 hours. So, without truly meaning too, shortly after Jacen had begun speaking, her head had dropped to her desk unceremoniously with a loud thunk.

"Jysella, thank you for volunteering."

"What?" Jysella asked, startling awake and blinking at Jacen. "For what?"

Jacen smiled. "We're starting victim assessment today, and you're going to be mine."

Jysella stifled a groan, victim was definitely the term for it. She dragged herself to the front of the class, and Jacen had her lie down on the floor in front of him. The class moved out of their seats to watch, and Jacen began talking. Jysella, glad for the chance to lay down, closed her eyes, figuring perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all. Jacen started talking, and Jysella relaxed, barely hearing him say what to do when first encountering a victim. In fact she barely paid attention at all until he started talking about how she was apparently unconscious, and said he needed to check her abc's: airway, breathing, and circulation. He mentioned that since she was lying face up, that the most common airway obstruction was her tongue, and that he simply needed to tilt her head up to clear it.

Jysella had pretty much been ignoring him, until she felt his hand rest on her forehead and push down until her head tilted back, and his fingers gently brush the edge of her chin and lift her jaw. This simple touch strangely sent a slight tingle up her neck, and her eyes flew open.

"And our victim wakes," Jacen said, smirking slightly, before directing his attention back to the class. "Now that she's responsive, I'm going to attempt to obtain a SAMPLE history while performing a physical examination. Now SAMPLE stands for: Symptoms, Allergies, Medications, Past medical history, Last oral intake, and Events leading up to illness or injury." Jacen placed both his hands on her head and leaned forward. "We'll start the physical examination at her head, and move downward. You'll be looking for DOTS, deformity, open wounds, tenderness and swelling." He focused his attention back on her. "Can you tell me where it hurts?" he asked, gently palpating her head.

"Well," Jysella said, a sly smile forming on her lips. "I have a slight pain in my neck..."

"I'll need to pay special attention to her neck," Jacen said, his hand now resting on her forehead. "Though I suspect her complaint is superficial," he winked at her, then gently held her left eye open. "You want to make sure their pupils are the same size and react to light. Also, make sure they can follow your finger," he said, waving his back and forth. It took Jysella a moment to realize she was supposed to, and felt her cheeks flush as Jacen continued. "You can expect them to be slightly disoriented, so you might have to repeat questions, or orders twice," he said, then waved his finger again.

This time Jysella followed it, though she glared at him afterward.

Jacen didn't seem to notice, which was either typical for a man, or for a Healer used to irritable patients. As promised, he paid special attention to her neck, applying soft pressure and Jysella realized, to her amusement, that he smelled of hot chocolate. He continued his questioning. "Are you allergic to anything?"

"Ysalimiri."

"Have you been around them?"

"No."

"Does this hurt?" he asked, running his fingers down her neck.

"No," Jysella answered, becoming slightly distracted by his touch. Whenever he asked her a question, his warm brown eyes met and held hers, and she felt her breath catch in her throat.

"Are you taking any medications?" Jacen asked, his hands now on her ribs.

"Nope," Jysella answered, feeling heat touch her cheeks as his eyes met hers again. She looked upward, hoping he wouldn't do it again.

Jacen gently squeezed her ribs. "Does that hurt?" he asked, moving his head so as to make better eye contact.

Apparently it was needed for the examination, but Jysella was annoyed that he couldn't see how it was affecting her. She sighed. "No."

"Has this happened before?" Jacen asked, sliding his hands beneath her.

"Yes," Jysella answered, rather liking the feel of him close to her, but at the same time, irritated at him because she was. "I make a habit of lying on hard floors."

Jacen felt up her spine, catching her gaze. "Does this hurt?"

Jysella wondered what would happen if she said yes, and if perhaps he was, in any small way, as affected as she was. "Yes."

"Here?" Jacen asked, touching the small of her back.

"A little higher," Jysella answered, and he trailed his fingers up a bit.

"How about here?"

Jysella shook her head. "Lower," she responded, wondering how long she'd be able to keep his arms around her before he caught on.

Jacen moved his hands downward, pausing just a little down. "Here?"

"Higher."

He obediently felt higher, then frowned suddenly, his cheeks reddening slightly. Jacen coughed. "Here?"

Jysella grinned, glad to have at least slightly shaken the inscrutable Jacen Solo. "You've got it."

"Doesn't feel broken or swollen," Jacen said, getting straight back to business. "It's probably bruised. What was the last thing you ate today?"

"Nothing," Jysella answered. "My instructor scheduled class too early for breakfast."

"You should have woken up earlier," Jacen reprimanded her, now pressing on her stomach. "That could be the problem. Tell me if this hurts."

Jysella shook her head as he checked four spots on it. "Nope."

"So how did this happen?" Jacen asked, now placing his hands on her hips.

"You ordered me to lay down on the floor, so I did," Jysella answered, cocking an eyebrow.

Jacen pressed down. "Does this hurt?"

"No," Jysella said, her mind starting to wander as he finished the rest of the examination. She wondered briefly about his blush due to her antics, debating if it was because she embarrassed him, or if, perhaps, he shared his sister's fascination with black hair and green eyes.

Edited by Guest

It doesn't matter what color of hair you have, only that you have hair.

My Niece

LOL, the age-old conundrum of "playing doctor" with someone you have a crush on.

Very cute. I loved how you captured Jysella's reactions very well--her sleepiness getting her into trouble, then her realizing maybe it wasn't so bad, etc.

Loved that last little line with her hoping he was attracted to her dark features in a similar way to Jaina being attracted to dark features. Although I did think that was one thing that kind of jarred me. In the regular SW universe she has reddish-brown hair, and so I had to remind myself that this was AU.

But I loved it!! I can't wait for the next part to see how Jacen handles this.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Travis:

Ummm, beyond the age difference, it is interesting. There was a girl in canon who kinda had a crush on Jacen and it didn't turn out well for her.

Poor girl.

It was well written, but still kinda creepy due to the age thing. Ha ha, thanks!

NavyGal:

Hehehe.

Love how Jysella gets in the jabs about the class schedule.

Magnifique! Thank you!

Amidala Skywalker:

LOL, the age-old conundrum of "playing doctor" with someone you have a crush on.

Very cute. I loved how you captured Jysella's reactions very well--her sleepiness getting her into trouble, then her realizing maybe it wasn't so bad, etc. hahha thanks!

Loved that last little line with her hoping he was attracted to her dark features in a similar way to Jaina being attracted to dark features. Although I did think that was one thing that kind of jarred me. In the regular SW universe she has reddish-brown hair, and so I had to remind myself that this was AU. What! Do you mean canon DIDN'T borrow my description of her?

But I loved it!! I can't wait for the next part to see how Jacen handles this. Thank you!

My Niece

Jysella Horn was not, in the least, girly. She resented anyone even thinking that of her. But, for some strange reason, she kept thinking over and over again about his gentle touch. Somehow, she managed to remember it much better than any words he had spoken. Disturbed, Jysella made a cup of hot chocolate in the kitchen, only realizing after it was done that it had been what Jacen smelled like that morning. Grumpily she sipped it, wondering what had come over her. It wasn't like she hadn't dated before, although most men she dated who were brave enough to face her father, she often lost interest in the moment he started to approve.

Jacen Solo, she was certain, was a man he would approve of, if they were at least a little closer in age.

Even that thought couldn't take him off her mind.

Finishing her hot chocolate, trying not to think of Jacen, she entered the living room, where her father was sprawled on the end of the couch, watching a game of smashball. He grunted during the two seconds it took for Jysella to cross past the holonet, leaning forward on the couch and trying to peer around her. Jysella smirked slightly, tempted to get in the way again, but took pity on him and sat down on the couch instead.

As a general rule, Jysella chose to talk about men with her mother, and Jedi training with her father. It never ceased to amaze her how whenever Valin got a new girlfriend, (his current one was, she thought, Wynessa Fel) their father slapped him on the back and grinned proudly. Whenever Jysella mentioned having a date, he frowned instantly, and almost always had a blaster or lightsaber to polish when they came over.

Strangely though, as much as she didn't even want to think about discussing Jacen with her father, she found herself slowly moving down the couch until she was next to him, resting her head against his side. He moved his arm around her shoulders, absently stroking her arm, and they sat in silence for awhile, watching the game. She never discussed men with her father, but whenever she found herself frustrated with them, she clung to him, unable to explain why.

After awhile he tucked loose strands of her hair behind her ear and asked, in a low voice, "Who is he?"

"He?" Jysella asked innocently.

"The unworthy man you're thinking about," Corran answered, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, Wes," Jysella answered with a small smile. "Unfortunately he's still married."

Corran elbowed her, then started tickling her side. "Better be joking there, child."

"Why?" Jysella asked, squirming away from him. "Apparently it's legal to have more than one wife on Larened. He's offered to let me be his second wife, Myri's just going to be the third..."

"I'll kill him," Corran half jested, grabbing her foot and tickling it. "Wedge can have what ever's left..."

Jysella squealed and pulled her foot away, falling onto the floor in the process. "Violence isn't the way of the Jedi, father."

Corran nodded, giving her a stern look. "Nor insolence the way of the child."

"Sure it is," Jysella said with a nonchalant shrug. "But you're right, I'd much prefer to be his only wife. I'm just going to have to wait for him to divorce Inyri."

"Jys..."

"Yes?"

"Even if he were actually your age, I wouldn't let him date you."

Jysella raised an eyebrow. "And who would you let?"

Corran stroked his chin. "Ben Skywalker."

"He's fourteen!"

"He has a good head on his shoulders."

Jysella shook her head. "He won't even be legal for another four years."

Corran nodded. "Even better."

"Dad," Jysella said, climbing back onto the couch and giving him an entreating look. "You realize I'm twenty years old, right?"

"So?"

Jysella took his hand and patted it. "Sooo it means I'm an adult, and eventually, I'm going to have to get married."

He was silent for a moment, considering. Putting his arm back around her, he pulled her close, kissing the top of her head. "Don't remind me, huh?" he asked, his tone managing to be as gruff as it was tender.

"I'll give you tonight off," Jysella sighed, leaning against him.

Her father was definitely not the person to discuss Jacen with.

My Niece

Woah, this must be set way after the Yuuzhan Vong War. Jysella was born in 16 ABY, the Vong War went until like 29 ABY, so this has to be set around 36 ABY or seven years after.

That at least makes more sense. I thought that you were having this set like two years after the war when she was a youngster. If she is twenty, that makes it much better regarding the age. I have no problem with someone who is twenty dating or marrying someone who is 27 (Jacen was born in 9 ABY).

Ah, I'm reminded how much I love Corran. He's always been worthy of the "-ipoo" suffix in my mind.

Great little exchange there. It was cool to see how she trusts him and can talk to him about stuff, but sometimes you just need to talk to your mother.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Ah, I'm reminded how much I love Corran. He's always been worthy of the "-ipoo" suffix in my mind.

I've always been more fond of Corran than Luke to be honest. He's definitely up at the top of my fave EU characters list.

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit
One flash of my perfect chest and he'll be knocked out in a happytime daydream.

As if canon matters when you write fanfictions. It certainly never did to me.

Finally got a dab of time to spend reading. Very cute. It's well written and I haven't read anything Star Wars after the Vong War novels so to me it's just like Jacen x some OC, so I don't even know what kind of age thing there might be here. I'm just going to imagine they're both young twenties and LOVE IS IN THE AIR and stay in my reader happy place.

D:

Good to see you around again.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Travis:

Woah, this must be set way after the Yuuzhan Vong War. Jysella was born in 16 ABY, the Vong War went until like 29 ABY, so this has to be set around 36 ABY or seven years after.

That at least makes more sense. I thought that you were having this set like two years after the war when she was a youngster. If she is twenty, that makes it much better regarding the age. I have no problem with someone who is twenty dating or marrying someone who is 27 (Jacen was born in 9 ABY). Oh good. I thought the best way to do this story was to have her in her twenties. Thank you!

NavyGal:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhh I love seeing the kids get the better of their parents with the joking. I think I might have read this the first time around. I think maybe you did...

Amidala Sywalker:

Ah, I'm reminded how much I love Corran. He's always been worthy of the "-ipoo" suffix in my mind. Naturally!

Great little exchange there. It was cool to see how she trusts him and can talk to him about stuff, but sometimes you just need to talk to your mother. Tis true. Thank you!

Tiana Calthye:

As if canon matters when you write fanfictions. It certainly never did to me. Haha, especially when parts of canon stink.

Finally got a dab of time to spend reading. Very cute. It's well written and I haven't read anything Star Wars after the Vong War novels so to me it's just like Jacen x some OC, so I don't even know what kind of age thing there might be here. I'm just going to imagine they're both young twenties and LOVE IS IN THE AIR and stay in my reader happy place. I like the way you think! Thank you!

Good to see you around again. Thanks!

My Niece

Here is Chapter Two!

Chapter Two

Jacen preferred to work out in the mornings, but he'd been called into the infirmary shortly before he had to teach his class, and so he hadn't had time until after lunch. At least there were fewer people in the temple's gym in the afternoon, however. He chose to run next to Valin Horn, who, unsurprisingly, had all ready doffed his shirt, and had a group of admiring junior apprentices. Jacen arched an eyebrow, cocking his head toward the apprentices as he started a warmup. "Won't Wynessa be jealous?"

Valin laughed, shaking his head. "Nah, we agreed to see other people."

"That quickly?" Jacen asked, surprised.

"No sense settling down yet," Valin answered with a shrug. "By your uncle's standards, I still have another twenty years."

Jacen snorted. "Sure."

Valin just grinned, and they fell into a companionable silence. Invariably Jacen's eyes wandered around the gym, and he caught sight of an attractive brunette, and he watched her stretch for a moment, mesmerized. She wore a tight black tank top and gray pants, both emphasizing her slim, athletic figure.

"Pretty isn't she?" Valin asked, interrupting his thoughts.

Startled, Jacen almost agreed, when she turned, and he realized the woman was Jysella. He coughed. "I didn't notice."

Valin raised an eyebrow. "What, are you blind?"

Jacen gave him a startled look. "What?"

"It's funny," Valin said, ignoring his question. "When she was a kid, I thought she was funny looking. Now I think any potential suitors would make great target remotes."

Laughing somewhat nervously, and surprised by it, Jacen shook his head. "From what I've seen, she's quite capable of protecting herself."

Valin shrugged, turning off his machine and throwing Jacen a wink. "Sure, but that doesn't mean I have to let her," he said, slapping Jacen's back. "Later, Solo," Valin added, nodding to him, threw a towel around his neck, and joined his crowd of admirers.

Jacen shook his head, continuing his run. For some reason, over the past few days Jysella Horn had been on his mind, and he couldn't quite figure out why. From what he had observed in his First Aid course and other teachers comments, she was a good enough student, quite talented, but often feigned boredom or disinterest. He got the feeling she was protesting something, and exactly what he wasn't even sure she knew. It wasn't that he knew her very well, so to say, but he recognized in her a brief reflection of himself: the child of heroes trying not to follow in their steps, but circumstances and gifts inherited pushing him invariably towards it anyway.

To fight this, he had almost given up the Force, unable to see how using it to kill could possibly make him a better Jedi. The path of a Healer had saved him, and through it's often brutal but rewarding training, he'd come to see that sometimes you had to hurt in order to heal, and in war, you had to kill in order to save.

Jysella began running by him at that moment, breaking into his thoughts.

Jacen raised an eyebrow at her speed. "A little fast there for a warm up, Jys."

Tossing her long braid over her shoulder, Jysella sped it up. "Says the old man.'

Old? Jacen cranked his up a bit. "Not quite."

"Save your breath," Jysella advised, matching his speed and then increasing hers. "You're going to need it."

Jacen grunted, and for a moment they ran in silence, same speed, same endurance. Deciding he was going to need to try something harder to get her, and started to slow his speed. "Anyone can run."

Jysella raised an eyebrow. "Are you just saying that, or wimping out?"

He winked at her, giving her a slow, sly smile. "Like I said, Jys, anyone can run," Jacen gestured to a slight obstacle course in the end of the gym. "But I've grown bored of it."

She nodded. "Doesn't mean you can beat me there!"

Jysella managed to pace Jacen fairly closely, though his greater strength gave him an advantage on the wookie bars and rope climbs. She was quite certain she would best him on the posts, where they had to hop one from to another. At the least she had him in agility. Confident, Jysella moved faster than him, and in her haste, managed to hit the next one wrong, and her ankle rolled off of the post, and her speed caused her to fall rather hard onto the floor. White hot pain exploded in her ankle and she cursed hard, and loud enough, to make a spacer blush.

Jacen stopped immediately, rushing to her side. "What happened?"

"Twisted my foot," Jysella said through clenched teeth. "Give me a minute, I'll walk it off."

"If you can walk that off," Jacen said, bending down, "I'll pretend I didn't understand a word you said."

Jysella moved it away from him, crawling over the posts. "I'll take that wager," she said breathlessly. "There's barely a thing wrong with it."

Jacen shook his head. "Looks like it's grown a smashball."

"You said, in class, that it isn't broken if I can walk at least three steps," Jysella said, settling down on one of the posts and bracing herself. "I'm sure I'll pass that with flying colors."

Moving next to her, Jacen gave her his best stern look. "And when you fall, you'll end up hurting something else. "

Jysella raised an eyebrow. "First off, I have no intention of falling. Second...you'd fault your own advice by not following through with the test?"

Jacen met her gaze firmly, before a sloppy half smile formed on his lips. "Fine, you fall, you give me no difficulties in treating it."

That almost got her, but she knew what she was doing. "Agreed." Pushing herself up on her arms, Jysella raised unsteadily to her feet, took one step, and her ankle immediately crashed under her. Jacen caught her by the waist before she could fall, lifting her up before her foot could twist, before gently lowering her to the floor. Blushing, Jysella turned her head. "How about two out of three?"

"Don't think so," Jacen said, starting to probe the injury with his fingers. "Does this hurt?"

"No," Jysella said, tensing as she fought the urge to pull her foot away. "Jacen..."

Jacen looked up, still cradling her foot. "Yes?"

"It's a lot funner being your victim when I'm not actually injured."

Smiling, Jacen gently patted her knee. "Believe it or not, I prefer it that way too."

My Niece

I was about to ask if there was any more since I didn't see anything with your post, but by the time I read your post and clicked "reply" you added another and answered my question.

This one is an interesting addition. I like how you switched perspectives for parts of it to get Jacen's side of things.

One note, at the start, if you are referring to Wynssa Fel (Jag's younger sister), you added an "e" that doesn't belong.

Beyond that, good to see the addition of more characters. I am most eager to see if you decide to throw in Jaina and how you portray her.

It would appear some Jedi have a problem with being a bit cocky. Hehehe. Loved it yet again. Especially enjoyed the Valin/Jacen interaction.

More please.

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit
One flash of my perfect chest and he'll be knocked out in a happytime daydream.

SQUEEE this is such an awesome story.

Who cares about ages and names, this is just pure awesome writing. The characters are loveable and the storyline is intriguing, it makes me scream for MOAARRRRR!!!

One error though, 'bought' instead of 'brought' I think it was. Too tired to scroll through and find it now.

But this story is really sweet.

Myth2010.jpg

But I'm out of cheesecake.

Taking over JNet, 1 thread at a time.

JNet Royalty

Travis:

I was about to ask if there was any more since I didn't see anything with your post, but by the time I read your post and clicked "reply" you added another and answered my question. Oh this little story is long finished.

This one is an interesting addition. I like how you switched perspectives for parts of it to get Jacen's side of things.

One note, at the start, if you are referring to Wynssa Fel (Jag's younger sister), you added an "e" that doesn't belong.

Beyond that, good to see the addition of more characters. I am most eager to see if you decide to throw in Jaina and how you portray her. Thank you for reading! Unfortunatley you won't find Jaina...I'm not fond of her, so she rarely appears in my stories.

NavyGal:

It would appear some Jedi have a problem with being a bit cocky. Hehehe. Loved it yet again. Especially enjoyed the Valin/Jacen interaction.

More please. Haha, thank you!

Myth Hunter:

SQUEEE this is such an awesome story.

Who cares about ages and names, this is just pure awesome writing. The characters are loveable and the storyline is intriguing, it makes me scream for MOAARRRRR!!! Hahahha thank you!

One error though, 'bought' instead of 'brought' I think it was. Too tired to scroll through and find it now.

But this story is really sweet. Thanks for the heads up,and it's good to see you!

My Niece

Chapter Three

The pain was excruciating. It centralized in her abdomen, accompanied by soft swearing. Jysella awoke with a start, gasping for breath and clutching her stomach. It took her a moment to realize the pain was completely gone, and that the woman who was in a bed next to her was the one experiencing it. Much to her annoyance, the pain killer Jacen had given her had put her to sleep. Jysella scrubbed her hand across her forehead, and glanced over at her roommate. "Are you all right?"

The woman nodded, and Jysella suddenly realized she was Inyri Janson. "Fine, Jysella, how's your foot?"

Jysella lifted her foot up, noticed the knitter was still on it, and sighed. "Still broken." She smiled. "How are you?"

Inyri patted her swollen belly and mimicked Jysella's sigh. "Still pregnant."

"Are you having it now?" Jysella asked, suddenly starting and propping herself up on her elbow. "Where's Wes?"

"Off breaking in the new Rogues," Inyri said, rolling her eyes. "Your father's trying to track him down right now for me. He insisted I come here when I started having contractions, but I've been having them all week."

Jysella frowned slightly. "What does Jacen think?"

Inyri shrugged. "Says he'll try monitoring for an hour," she shook her head, laughing softly. "Never thought I'd have Jacen Solo deliver my baby."

"He's an excellent Healer," Jysella said, instantly defensive.

The older woman raised an eyebrow. "Sure, but not very cute."

Jysella stiffened. "Are you kidding? He's gorgeous."

"Jysella Horn," Inyri said, smirking. "What will your father think?"

Blushing furiously Jysella shook her head. "What he doesn't know won't hurt Jacen."

Inyri laughed. "When did this start?"

Jysella shrugged. "I don't know."

"I see," Inyri began, then suddenly her words cut off as she grabbed the sheets, breathing hard.

"Are you okay?" Jysella asked, tensing immediately. "Should I call Jacen?"

Inyri shook her head, and spoke through clenched teeth. "It's just a contraction."

Jysella frowned, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. "A painful one."

"Most are," Inyri said with a small smile that turned into a grimace.

"Let me help," Jysella said, sliding clumsily off of the bed and carefully limping over to Inyri's bedside. She found a rolling chair nearby by it and sat gingerly down. The contraction passed by then, but she moved the chair over to the bed anyway. Searching her mind for something to say, Jysella recalled having watched mothers give birth in holovids before, and asked, "how far apart are they?"

"About fifteen minutes," Inyri answered, then pulled around the chair on the other side of her bed. "You need to keep your foot up."

Jysella made a face, but put it up anyway. "Yeah, yeah."

Inyri smiled. "You wouldn't want me to tell Jacen on you."

"Sure I do," Jysella said, smiling slyly. "It will get him in here won't it?"

"Bold girl," Inyri shook her head. "Guess you have reason to be though," she said, touching Jysella's cheek. "You look just like your mother."

Jysella toyed with her braid. "Maybe. Have you ever met Danni Quee? She recently married Kyp Durron."

Inyri pursed her lips. "I think once or twice, why?"

"He used to date her," Jysella said, and for the first time she could remember, her chest tightened in slight anger. She had been too young to remember much of the infamous Jaina Solo love triangle time, but what she knew, was that Jaina ended up with Jagged Fel, and Kyp pursued and fell for Danni Quee. Because Jacen had been dating her on and off at the time, Jysella felt like he was the only one hurt in the process of it, and she didn't like that. It also somewhat intimidated her that he'd gone for such a beautiful woman. His other great love had been the princess, now queen of Hapes, and that didn't help her confidence at all.

However, she was also a Horn, and that more than made up for not being a great beauty or royalty by her figuring.

"Well," Inyri shrugged her shoulders. "Sounds like blondes don't work for him."

Jysella grinned. "Or princesses."

"I don't know," Inyri said softly, raising an eyebrow. "They worked for his father."

"Sure," Jysella said, leaning back and winking at her. "But she was also a brunette."

Inyri grimaced again, resting her hand on her stomach. She closed her eyes, breathing out of her mouth and clutching the bed sheets.

Jysella frowned, took her hand and tried to figure out what to do. She couldn't stand to see Inyri in so much pain, and suddenly wished they'd all ready gone through birth in her first aid class. Only thing she knew to do was hold her hand, and Inyri was squeezing it almost the breaking point. Strangely, she suddenly remembered something her father had said about inflicting pain with the Halcyon mind trick in order to rescue...she couldn't remember who... from the embrace of pain. Jysella and Valin had practiced on each other, and she had a fairly good handle on perception altering. It made sense to her that if it could be used to inflict pain, it could certainly be used to remove it. Closing her eyes, she focused on how she felt, pain free, and as Inyri's contraction peaked, she sent this awareness into her, and the other woman relaxed completely.

"What did you do?" Inyri asked, eyes wide in wonder. "No wonder you Jedi stray from pain medicine!"

Waiting for the contraction to die, Jysella looked up and smiled at her. "I'm afraid this is a Halcyon family trade secret. Doesn't work nearly so well for yourself."

Inyri returned the smile. "Who needs Jacen then?" she asked with a wink.

"Don't tell him that," Jysella said, releasing her hold on the Force as the contraction faded. "It'll offend him."

"And take away your excuse to see him," Inyri said knowingly. "Why don't you call him in?"

Jysella grinned. "Not just yet."

When the contractions started coming just a few minutes apart, Inyri decided it was time to call Jacen in, all the while cursing Wes roundly for not being there yet. Jysella tried to help her with the pain was much as possible, but she was growing tired, and the moment Jacen came in, Inyri threw up all over her. Jacen spared her a brief, sympathetic glance, but his focus was on his patient. ”œHow far apart are they?”

My Niece

Haha, I'm enjoying this equally as much the second time! Travis, Snarky always takes the characters out of cannon situations or history at aome point for her stories. They are usually still in character if that character is established within cannon, and she does an amazing job bringing some less explored characters like Jysella to life.

I can't remember all of the details, so it's fun reading it again. As always, your dialogue is superbly witty, Snarkster!

Blushing furiously Jysella shook her head. "What he doesn't know won't hurt Jacen."
Lol!

You still haven't answered my question, m'dear... How are those original works going? Are there any books I need to buy?

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

Haha! I loved the ending just as much the second time! Jysella is such a bold and funny girl, and I am seriously jealous of your dialogue, Snarkmeister!

I really liked the depth in Jason's thoughts about being a Healer intern. It would be so difficult to have that added insight at times! Oh, and a quick fix:

He remembered first being angry when their family's wouldn't listen to him, watching them cling to the empty shell of their child, mother, spouse.
That should be "families" rather than "family's".

Thanks for the laugh. Like others, I'd get a kick out of seeing Corran and Valin's reactions. I almost feel like you've already written a bit for this perhaps, too...? Can't remember for sure, though. It's been so long!

Two are complete, but not published. If you have any time at all, I would love your critiques on the newest one, but if not, I understand completely!

Are you kidding me? I would love to! Just point me towards the story and what kinds of critiques you are looking for. Granted, life is pretty crazy busy so I would probably need to see you segments of feedback over a month or two. But still!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

Travis:

Good ending, and it finally wraps up the title. I would say though, they are only seven years different, not fourteen. I know you don't care for canon and whatnot, but still. . . Haha, I didn't research the ages well enough, I'm afraid.

Good story through and through.Thank you!

Amidala Skywalker:

LOL. Great ending. Although I really want a sequel to know how Corran and Valin react. Hahha

Thanks for posting this!!! It always brightened my day!['i] Thank you! I am glad!

NavyGal:

SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! /chant Hahha probably not...

Loved the ending for this. Love that she talks him in circles so he admits that he likes her. hehe. Thank you!

jedi_master_gimpy:

Haha! I loved the ending just as much the second time! Jysella is such a bold and funny girl, and I am seriously jealous of your dialogue, Snarkmeister! Aww thank you!

I really liked the depth in Jason's thoughts about being a Healer intern. It would be so difficult to have that added insight at times! Oh, and a quick fix: Quote:

He remembered first being angry when their family's wouldn't listen to him, watching them cling to the empty shell of their child, mother, spouse.

That should be "families" rather than "family's". Doh... how did I miss that? Haha!

Thanks for the laugh. Like others, I'd get a kick out of seeing Corran and Valin's reactions. I almost feel like you've already written a bit for this perhaps, too...? Can't remember for sure, though. It's been so long! I wrote a pouting Corran vignette!;)

Quote:

Two are complete, but not published. If you have any time at all, I would love your critiques on the newest one, but if not, I understand completely!

Are you kidding me? I would love to! Just point me towards the story and what kinds of critiques you are looking for. Granted, life is pretty crazy busy so I would probably need to see you segments of feedback over a month or two. But still! That would be awesome! My critique group is pretty critical, so I would love it to be critiqued before them.

My Niece