Thalassia: The Cradle of Slavery

Lord Ar-Pharazon

Adenna didn't know why Vos would think to look on Coruscant and was curious as to what information he knew that he wasn't sharing. It wasn't the first time she had wondered about him. He had many secrets from his days as a Sith and before that she would be very interested in knowing, but he had said little. The idea of Sandy being taken to Coruscant was more than a little alarming to her. She could think of only a few reasons why any group of slavers would risk going to what was probably the most protected, regulated, and policed planet in the Galaxy with a captured Jedi Padawan and the Sith were at the top of that list. The largest Sith Temple in the Galaxy was on Coruscant, it was the most logical place to find them if they wanted to sell a Jedi.

If the thought of Sandy being in the hands of slavers was enough to infuriate her and make her blood boil, the thought of her being in the hands of the Sith was enough to chill her blood to pure liquid nitrogen. She wouldn't tolerate that, not in the least. About the only good thing of her being in the hands of the Sith is that it might, just might, be possible to negotiate with them with the help of CoreSec. The Sith technically had to abide by the treaties made on the Kat Nargal Station and she was quite certain buying enslaved Jedi was against that treaty.

Adenna was surprised when Vos stalked off with a tart comment. Patience was clearly not his strong point--something probably inherited from the Sith. She didn't think she could rightly stop him, not after her own display of impetuousness in front of Master Starlisk at the top of the HQ building. She would have to deal with him later.

"What the ace is his problem?" Jazce muttered.

Adenna shrugged, "I think we are all a little frayed after today. He is not used to failure nor is he used to waiting and today has forced him to do both."

She was tempted to take him up with his offer to travel with him. Traveling with a CoreSec officer would give her far more legitimacy if she had to deal with officials. She almost agreed before she realized that it would definitely be best to keep an eye on Vos. She believed he was at a critical stage in his life. A push in the right direction just might bring him more firmly into the light while a nudge in the wrong direction could doom him to darkness forever. Besides, he was now using a ship purchased by Jedi funds that was technically hers.

She gave him a quick bow and said politely, "I would enjoy traveling with you, but I feel I must watch my remaining Padawan, even if he is rather impetuous and angry right now. If there is ever to be a hope for saving him from his Sith past, it is now."

He gave her a nod and left her to take care of some other issues.

She sent Vos a message through the Force that essentially said "wait" and hoped he would follow it. If he didn't and decided to leave without her, she would not be pleased at all and would have to try to find another way off the planet. That would take time and would not put her in a good mood if she ever met up with him again.

Even though she was tired and still in blood splattered robes, she sought out whoever was representing the government at this point. With all the others around here similarly covered in dirt and grime and gore, she didn't think she would stand out too much. At least the medics had managed to tend to her scalp wound and given her a wet rag to wash the blood off her face after she came down from the building.

It took little persuasion to get some of the CoreSec officers to point her to the woman they had been negotiating with in the command center. After the battle had been over, she had been sent to negotiate with the CoreSec forces on behalf of the new Liberation government that was forming now that the slavers and their supporters had been all but crushed. Adenna didn't recognize the woman, but then, she hadn't paid attention to politics when she was here before.

After a quick introduction, they began discussing with the CoreSec commanders what role the offworlders would have in the future. It was clear that most would be leaving, but some would stay for a short time while the Thalassians organized a new police force and got things under control. Freed slaves were also a concern since they had nowhere to go and little or no food. Some of the slaver's holdings that had not been leveled were already being taken over by the provisional government for use as temporary quarters for these slaves.

There had been extensive damage done to Thalis and a few other areas. Casualty reports were nowhere near complete, but thousands had died from the battle as well as the orbital bombardment. Adenna could sense some traces of resentment regarding the use of the orbiting fleet to fire such imprecise weapons, but it wasn't in danger of causing a serious rift just yet.

In truth, Adenna was hardly a diplomat. She also had no authority to negotiate on anyone's behalf, not even the Jedi Order's. All she could do was offer a few opinions and make sure things didn't seem to be pointing to a long term occupation by the Corellians and that the Thalassians would have a government after today. When it seemed to be going well, she excused herself and made her way to where she had last felt Vos.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

On the way back to the ship, Vos could actually think for a few minutes. He hated down time. It was always go-go-go.

But his mind was touched by Adenna. So, he waited outside the spaceport. Tobias sat and meditated intensely. Some sparks flew around him as he concentrated. The man only had to warp the workings of the Force. Something in this previous battle had sparked an idea. What if you could use the dark side for the benefit of the populous, and vis versa. His Jedi counterpart probably would not like it.... Never the less. He had to change something...

Adenna came out from around the corner. Vos broke concentration, stood up and faced her.

Adenna was slightly relieved that Vos had not decided to leave. At least he was capable of controlling himself long enough for her to do some of what needed to be done. It had been a long day and she was eager to see what sort of ship Vos had managed to buy. Whatever model it was, she hoped it had a functioning shower and at least a few amenities onboard.

She acknowledged him as she approached and said, "Let us get going." She continued as she opened the door to the hangar, "You seem to believe something is special about Coruscant. Why do you””"

She stopped as she beheld the scene in front of her. She had been around plenty of killing today, so the sight of the mangled bodies didn't shock her. She was more surprised that it didn't shock her and that she hadn't sensed it coming in. She had seen too much death, destruction, murder, and mayhem today and it was clearly numbing her to its effects.

She took a few moments to survey the place and found that there were numerous bodies, most shot with a blaster or similar weapon. A few were butchered in more perverse manners, but the end result was the same. She stopped at last to look at the warning painted on the wall above their ship.

It appeared that someone had recognized Vos and knew he was a former Sith. They apparently didn't like one of their own not sticking with the team and decided to kill a bunch of people to demonstrate that. Yet another reason why the Sith deserved to be wiped out from existence. As far as she was concerned, they were all vile beings who deserved one chance to change before being exterminated.

She saw Vos' beast over by the ship apparently minding its own business and knew that Vos had at least visited the ship before coming to get her. "I assume this wasn't here when you left?" she asked with an arched eyebrow.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Adenna came up and the entered into the spaceport. Something was”¦off. A dozen or so bodies lay mangled across the area. But that didn't surprise Vos much. More than likely it was Sooba, protecting the ship. Upon further examination, blaster marks were seen. This new development made Vos raise an eyebrow. He then turned back to the ship, only to see the paint on the ship.

It sparked a laugh from the so-called Sith. It also called forth a very interesting question. How did they know I was Sith? The thought raced his mind, he had always been careful. Hiding in the shadows was always his thing. Of course, there were three instances where he was spotted within Sith Ranks; Here, Lucifer Duel, and when him and Lucifer fought thugs in the undercity. Was it an agent of Lucifer's? Doubtful. The man didn't have much pull in the Order. Last he heard, Lucy had gotten an apprentice and was on the Outer Rim. His apprentice would have used a lightsaber.

No, It was someone who was associated with the Sith, but was not a Force User. They would never be able to grasp the concept of what he was doing. He paid no more attention to the words, but Adenna had a question.

”œRight. We don't have time for this, We need to move out.”

As much as it pained her to do so, Adenna found herself joining Vos on the ship. She would have to send notice to the CoreSec command center to have them relay some information to the locals regarding the murders. Normally, she would never have left such a scene, especially since it was clear they were murdered to send a message to her.

After quickly touring the ship, she nodded in satisfaction. She bemoaned the fact that they had almost no personal supplies to speak of, but the refresher did have a little bit of soap and other luxuries. Clothing would be another issue, though, but that was secondary considering all that they had to worry about.

While Vos prepared the ship to take off, Adenna composed a brief report on the murders. She noted that there was a possibility that this was linked somehow to Vos' past as a Sith. By the time she sent it, they were already in the air and streaking toward hyperspace and, she presumed to Coruscant.

There was a lot that needed to be discussed, and as soon as they were in hyperspace, Adenna felt it was time to do so. She stood up from the copilot seat and let out a deep breath. Without warning, she used the Force to rip Vos' lightsaber from his belt and into the ready position in her hand. She knew that his beast would likely be an issue, so she was careful to keep an eye on it and was ready to give it an unhealthy Force push if it decided to spring at her.

"Alright, Vos," she said in a cold voice that did not invite disagreement. "It is time for some answers. What exactly did you do down there? How do you know to go to Coruscant to follow them when they wouldn't have even arrived there yet? And, what the krath is going on with the bodies piled inside the hangar? You know far more about a lot of things than you are willing to say and I am fed up of the half truths, evasions, and dodges."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

As they boarded the ship, Tobias took a jacket off one of the deceased. He would investigate in a bit. The three beings boarded the ship and took a look around. Adenna seemed happy. Ish. He threw the jacket and the slaver Ax into his room. Tobias was eager to be on his way.

Making their way to the cockpit, the beast curled up outside, and the Kiffar took a seat. Entering into hyperspace, he felt a spike in Adenna's Force level. She stood up, ripping the lightsaber off his belt. He raised an eyebrow, almost uncaring. "You could have asked...?"

He didn't see a threat, so Sooba just sat there. The most activity done by the beast was that it's eyes opened. More questions, just what he wanted.

"Ok, Think about it, where would you go to get lost? Also, I am an expert tracker. You know that Ax? That belonged to the leader of some small slavery group. They had a small outpost, and they intended to go there after the battle. If you have a better lead, I would like to hear it. Which reminds me...." Tobias turned to console and put the computer into search mode for the ship The Golden Ark. And any references.

"Those bodies? I was going to figure that out after we got underway. And... As for what I did down there. I explained that already. If you have a direct question. Ask it."

"Where would I go to get lost? Definitely not the most patrolled, regulated, recorded, and watched planet in the Galaxy," Adenna responded tartly. "They weren't exactly able to escape Thalassia undetected, so scans of their ship would be in the CoreSec database and as soon as they drop out of hyperspace over Coruscant, someone is going to notice them. They would be fools to go there.

"What does the axe have to do with it? Was there some sort of writing on it or something? How do you know they were on their way to Coruscant."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Tobias typed away onto the computer, pulling up a holowiki. "have you heard of the Kiffar power of psychometry? It's where we can read inanimate objects. Or even dead people. That is a secret I trust you will keep. I read it, and that's how I know where to go, and who wrote on the ship. Not to mention, there's some Golden Ark refrences at Corusant."

Tobias looked over at her. "You can settle down. We will find Sandy."

"I have never heard of it before, but if that is true, it would explain some things and could be a useful talent." She would look into it more on her own later. It was always best to know what he was capable of doing.

"About Thalassia, you used the dark side and broke my trust. Why should I continue to trust you? You are holding things back, that much I can tell. I don't need to know about every dark and evil deed you have committed, but I do need to be convinced that you have left that behind and are walking in the light. Right now, I am not convinced at all." She had her blue eyes locked onto Vos' though she did not forget his beast. She wanted answers and was determined to get them. If she didn't like the answers, things would be taking a very different course and she didn't foresee Vos working with her for much longer.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"Well, if your bringing all faults into play, allow me to bring something to light." He turned, starring back into her eyes. "You promised to teach me how to Heal. I have yet to receive training. That was a part of why I came along with you."

"In addition, I did not use the Dark Side, I just got angry for a second. You have not been emotionally secure either. I ask this of you; is it really the Dark Side when you use it to help people, other than yourself?" He raised an eyebrow and made a face, inviting her thoughts on the matter.

((Continue in space thread?))

• 12 years later...

"I absolutely wont stand for it. We've already drawn way too much attention from major organizations without having complicated and convoluted sorts like you." The loud strong voice of the governor was like a loud ringing bell within the very small room. Of the entire room occupants, only Zalis and Le Livian were present for Czerka. Or rather, Black Sun. Many of the others were city officials who were present to hear the proposal to bring in a Czerka office and store to the main starport hubs. Zalis turned to look at Le, her Yarkora bodyguard and gave him a confused face, making it super obvious at her dismay at the outburst from the governor, and she allowed for it to remain as she turned around to address the room. 

"I think that there is some major misunderstanding of what is being proposed here." Leaning in to place her right elbow on the table, while simultaneously putting her right hand on her chin to support it, she shifted her weight in the chair ever so slightly. "The Jedi are not major- they haven't been in a long while. There is too much for them to do within the widespread of this new system being implemented at the Core. You haven't drawn any other attention, which is why I'm offering this service to you." Her hand went from jaw to being placed down, crossing both arms upon the table. "Czerka has long been known as a central hub for spacers as they travel the galaxy. Under my leadership, we have worked hard to expand to more than just major planetary hubs. Even major planets like Corellia have finally allowed for us to help them out by setting up shop at Coronet City." 

Zalis stood up, allowing for her flowing dress that seemed to strategically only have certain parts longer than others to move freely about the room as she began to pace within the small confines between the table and the door of the room they were in. "You fear the association with Black Sun. The markets of slave trading here captured the eyes of a very zealous Jedi who believed she could simply force her will upon the galaxy. A rightfully thing to hold in fear. But Czerka does not hold those ties as much. While it is still known to many within the shadows of the galaxy that I still hold Black Sun and run it with an iron fist... Czerka is protected under many of the different organizations that held the seat of power in the galaxy through the Business and Good Security Act. So long as we allow for taxes to be paid and operate legitimate business, we are protected. What happens behind the scenes in the shadows... Needs to be caught in the act to hold any true threat."

She now placed both of her hands behind her back and clasped them together as she slowly turned to face the crowd before her. Thalassia had long since been one of the many spots of slave trade. And ever since Crust had fallen, they quickly became number one, as they remained tucked away from the majority of the galaxy. This was one of her final few spots she needed to have strong presence at before she could easily fully network the entire galaxy's black market and vice through the underworld of dregs, smugglers and all sorts of scoundrels. Of the remain few, Thalassia would be the easiest to win over, as the majority of their income faded away upon the Jedi strike against the slave trade here years ago. They had long since become only a hive to even poorer populations, which disrupted a major flow of traffic to the planet, leaving it low and undesirable for any major faction to want to support. They needed to backing of Czerka, if only to bring forth traffic back to the planet. Black Sun would allow for even more flow of credits. 

The governor turned to look at all of his officials before he looked down and spoke. "Give us a small fifteen minute break to deliberate this more behind closed doors. We will call you back in the either discuss details of a deal or to gently see you off planet." Zalis didn't respond with words, but gave a slight smile and bow and then turned, letting Ve lead her out of the room. 

**** Hours Later ***

Zalis and Ve Livian left the governors office and headed towards the main starport. Ve kept his eyes darting back and forth a few times, checking to see if they were at all in danger. "Relax. This planet doesn't have the resources or even reach to touch us without a major backlash that would destroy them. The Jedi made sure of that." A loud boom like noise of a ship quickly moving overhead interrupted her thought and allowed for even her to look up. As the ship passed by and the noise settled down, she then turned her own eyes to dart back towards the main office of the governor before turning back to focus upon where the two were headed. "Besides, Akor'ketez will need to make sure he follows up here quickly. I have a feeling that without securing Savareen and Manaan within the next few months, we could be in real danger." As the two made it to her ship, Ve spoke as the two walked up the ramp. "You said it yourself a while ago. A risk to expand, but one that holds way too many benefits versus cons. You're leadership team is behind you." The small comfort brought a smile to Zalis' face. It was all true, and she knew she had to make the moves. 

Within twenty minutes, the two were off planet and headed towards their next destination. 

Zalis2.png