Allana Solo and the Dathomir Mishap (SW, challenge response)

Okay, this is a challenge response to Tiana's challenge to write about my favorite non-canon pairing. This is a pairing that I've always wanted to see...and maybe someday will.

Dathomir could be quite beautiful, Allana reflected. She grabbed another piece of jiri fruit and leaned back against a rock, enjoying the view of lush jungles and hills spread out beneath them. The sun was warm, and she could have fallen asleep except for the loud voices of her family and friends.

”œAll I know is that I remember specifically telling you not to bang her up at all, and you promised that you wouldn't give her so much as a scratch. Then when you brought her back, the entire sensor dish was gone!”

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Heh, I'm not so far ahead in the Star Wars series to even know who Chance is, but I'm sure it'll be a pairing someday. In a way I liked that because I was able to enjoy the story without my knowledge of the characters intruding and complaining. It was cute.

Allana the witch would be a good AU.

The only thing that struck me was their behavior was sometimes inconsistent with their ages. Sometimes they were acting like little kids, but her comments like "reconnect with her heritage" sounded far too adult.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Sorry, I should have put a note in the beginning for those who weren't that far yet in SW novels. Chance Calrissian is Lando and Tendra's son. Allana is Jacen and Tenel Ka's daughter, but is being raised by Han and Leia under the name Amelia to keep her safe.

As for ages, I did struggle with that a little. But I figured if Allana is seventeen in this, and Chance is around fifteen, there would be a balance of maturity and immaturity. I was originally going to write them younger, but then I felt that any romantic hints would just be creepy (despite Phantom Menace...lol).

Thanks for your comments, T!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Nice challenge response, Ami! I haven't been able to make myself read through or past Dark Nest yet, as I was pretty sad with the way things went there (and it's impossible not to hear a lot about it without leaving some of the SW boards completely). I hadn't heard of Chance yet - it's an interesting pairing!

I like the idea of Lando and the Solo family coming together at some point like that - it would not doubt be the subject of many conversations, jokes, and arguments between Lando and Han! Of course, when you think just straight generations instead of age or phase of life (i.e. Lando and Tendra meeting so much later than Han and Leia), it's a little weird that Han's granddaughter could be marrying Lando's son!

Anywho, nice challenge response. I could see what Tiana's is saying, but I thought overall it was a pretty good in-between, especially since with the parents/grandparents these two have, they're bound to be a bit more mature for their age. It was a nice and sweet reflection of friendship starting to hint at the possibility of young love, and I liked how you kept it at that.

Your writing was very good - smooth, descriptive, with a great mix of action, description, and dialogue to keep it moving! I only saw one sentence mix-up, which looked just like a mid-stream edit that got missed. "It hadn't taken them long to know each other well to become good friends."

I like seeing all of these challenges from you, I miss reading as much of your stuff!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

Aww! Cute! Chance Calrissian. Do you have ANY idea how difficult it was to look him up? I just guessed at his last name too. *rather proud of herself*

I did feel the story went a little fast in one or two places, but otherwise loved the setting and the general idea. Very sweet.

You know the closer you get to something

The tougher it is to see it,

And I'll Never take it for granted,

Let's go!

Every_Super_Villain_should_have_a_g.jpg