Pinckz

What match would you like to see?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What match would you like to see?

• Merrill Match-up
    • Isabela Match-up
    • Varric Match-up
    • Other (please indicate)

I know I have three FanFics that I haven't finished and I will get to them in time, but I had an idea recently that I really wanted to explore, so I wanted to get people's advice.

Granted, this will probably stretch to only those people who know the franchise I want to write in, but essentially here is the story idea...

A female Hawke's life after the events at Kirkwall and how it progresses afterwards. (Female because I want her female.) However, I have one small thing that I am at conflict with. ((The events I come up with will more than likely proceed differently in the games to pass, but I am curious all the same as any fan would be.))

I want to incorporate a love interest with it and there are several in the game and not to mention several other possibilities outside that. So, I am curious what people would want to see in this aspect or who they would rather see written?

*shrug*

Me personally, I wouldn't mind writing a romantic relationship between Hawke and Isabella, or Hawke and Merrill, but I wouldn't mind making up other pairings.

As far as the other game pairings go though, I am not really a fan of Anders or Fenris and Sebastian is just boring to me.

Still.... Thoughts?

*Warning* possible Dragon Age II game spoilers in following posts *Warning*

Edited by Guest

Feel free to contact me by Discord/PM/Email or, on Facebook

Write them all!

Well, basically from your post all I get is "I want to write Dragon Age lesbian pairings". What about these characters is appealing to you? From what I understand, Isabella and Merrill are both very different characters so think about the sort of Hawke you want to write. How do you feel about your protagonist and what sort of person do you intend to inject into her?

Then ask yourself...

Who would SHE be romantically interested in?

For people who aren't familiar with the game, the fanfic would be interesting from the writing and character development and plot. Not the fact that it's these two people from a game in a relationship. What does the character want? What would your character need? Write that.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I know Tiana and trust me, had I the time I would write them all, hell I'd finish my other Fics while I was at it, but I was curious of people's opinions and what other people may enjoy.

Still, your feedback is considered and yes lesbian pairings tend to be the most interest to me, sorry if people are conflicted with that.

Considering the possibilities, my vote is Varric purely because that is the only one of your three choices that doesnt exist within the game. By the same token, you would have to become creative with the story as well as interactions when it comes to romance between a female hawke and Varric, and not be able to pull from the game itself.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

Besides, Varric is just awesome. I'd love to see you pull that off.

I'm less interested in Merrill and Isabella, if only because Varric would be awesome. With my female character, I did the romance with Anders, and it worked out pretty good for drama given what he does at the end. Added a nice bit of angst. But he is a very troubled and slightly whiny character.

That said, I would approach it like Tiana said--who would the character go for? That's always my goal when I play through the games, and I really think it's the most important one. It was why my first char romanced Anders in the first place--she liked him! Lol.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Yeah, a majority of my characters tended to end up with Isabella, more because my own moral compass intervened when it came to actually playing the game. I don't actually have the rival achievement because I haven't pissed any character off to the point where they have been my rival.

I figure that is something I bring over into the RP here on Jnet and I am moving away from that mentality as I go, but it is still something I struggle with.

Anyway, I have decided what I want to go with, so... If Tiana could close this thread?

I know its kind of silly to post a thread this small, but I don't really have the opportunity of asking all of you on AIm and PMing all the people I know have played DAII would last forever and be extremely annoying.

Keenava Two Suns.png

Anyway, I have decided what I want to go with, so... If Tiana could close this thread?

If your thread doesn't get replies for a week or so I'll archive it, which is my protocol for Library threads that don't merit ongoing discussion and would be of no use later. Fair enough?

I do not close threads in the Library that aren't rule breaking. I'm definitely not a fan of "I need the last word" thread closure requests. As the Library and its non-literary threads are a place for creative discussion, I feel that hinders any potential creative discussion. Where somewhere like WBS can quickly be cluttered up with useless discussion, here, no discussion is useless and I avoid locking threads if at all possible. The only locked threads have been threads that spiraled into flaming; any threads that have played themselves out, I generally move to the Archive. This is somewhat because the Library is slower moving. Locked threads just clutter up the board for a while.

Just because you've decided who you're going to go with leaves questions unanswered: who are you going with, why are you going with them. The vote is fifty-fifty yet. Obviously your decision was not based on the vote. So I can see further discussion yet. I'll leave it up for potential discussion of DA fanfic pairings, and if no one bites, it's off to the Archive.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I apologize, my intentions weren't necessarily to get the last word, but I thought if I had chosen someone and started writing the discussion may be kind of moot. However, I do see your point.

I have been thinking about this for a while, so it wasn't just really a spur of the moment decision. (I only just recently brought it to the board so it could be discussed among peers)

I didn't want Anders, because none of my characters liked Anders except for one, and I had to endure that relationship on the other side of the computer screen with extreme distaste. I admired the love in it, but the annoying douche still whined like all hell and the ending was still inevitable, you couldn't talk him out of it.

Fenris is also whiny as well, but not int he same way. I don't mind writing about the former slave hooking up with Hawke necessarily, but once I get past a certain point, I start running out of things to write, because I never really figured he would be a good match. Still, I am in the slow process of having him as a match in one of my games right now so I'll see how that goes.

Sebastian.... Well, I don't have much to say about him. He's an honorable guy and all, but his religious fervor is something I can't really relate to, writing with him would be kind of difficult and not to mention I wouldn't know where it was going. I know I am trying to get away from relating myself to my characters, but i do like it when I can actually write about them.

Merrill. I would love to write a story about Merrill, but something about me wants to try something new and I've already seen Merrill's life in some way shape or form. In the years to come, you would see Merrill's character grow and possibly harden or turn from blood magic or something like that. It would be an interesting character to write and one I would enjoy doing at a later date, or even possibly intermingling in with this story, but she isn't the one I chose. (Class choice with Merrill: Rogue)

Aveline. I long thought in the main story what it would have been like if you married one of your best friends and went on that honeymoon with her or something like that, but you don't get too many romance options and you don't really get a dignified way to end it either. From what I gathered (I didn't actually do it with my character, but I got close) though, you would end up embarrassing yourself while she pursued Donnic. There are other romantic lines before that, but even as a guy you tend to have a hard time getting through her thick skull. (Gender choice with Ave: Male, Class choice: warrior)(yes these are based off of characters that I tried to use in these match ups before).

Isabela and Varric. It ultimately came down to a fight between these two, in my mind. Ultimately, Isabela has a whole world of possibilities, being able to sail from place to place, but I would imagine you could still join her crew for a ride regardless, if you chose that option in the game that is. Her personality is volatile and hectic; there are deep roots of fear in her subconscious that you would have to root through to actually get to true love with her (those of you who have played the love match up will know what I mean). It would be crazy, may involve Qunari at one point or another and would lead all over the world; still, there was something about the whole completely new idea that made Varric sound so cool.

(Class choice with Varric/Isabela: Rogue/Mage (respectively))

Again, I would love to write a story about Isabela or Merrill, but Varric has always been the most interesting character to me and all you do with him is help him out with some family issues and an expedition that serves as a transition between acts. I didn't particularly like that because he seemed like a bulk of the focus too, what with him telling the story and all. I was upset that you couldn't romance with him because I think it would be ridiculously fun and exciting to have that relationship.

So in the end I chose Varric and I chose to be a Rogue.

If you all want to debate things possible int he story, or how I am completely weird for choosing the way I did, go right ahead.