We Will Never Be (challenge response viggie)

Well, it's very short. But here it is.

I asked her out tonight. My friends all call me crazy. I mean, I'm just an R5 unit. I'm not new, or flashy, and I don't have a lot of cool gadgets. But I'm dependable and hard-working. I thought she might like that. She seems like that kind of gal. But when I asked her, she just stared at me blankly, like she couldn't believe her aural sensors.

I got out of there as fast as my treads could carry me. I felt like the galaxy's biggest idiot. Who could love someone like me? I'm old and run-down, no matter how I try to stay in good shape. I'm bordering on obsolete. I mean, they're making R9 units now. R9! How can I compete with those jocks? They get all the flashy jobs, while I'm stuck reliving the glory days as I fix up junked landspeeders. It's a steady job, but since when does that matter to a beautiful gal like her? I mean, just look at her! All sleek and shiny, a fresh coat of paint on her. True, she doesn't have a fancy job, but it's an important one. And she can speak Basic! I mean, it's only one phrase, but it's more than I can do. The way her voice sounds. Those twelve words are the most beautiful in the galaxy. "Thank you for doing your part to make Coruscant a cleaner place."

Kriff. I need more lubricant. It's the only thing that can get my mind off her. The more I have, the less I'll remember. And I need to forget. I need to forget that scathing look she gave me, and her scornful silence. I know XXG6 can get me some more. He liberates it out of the warehouse where he works. I think I'll head over there right now. Ha, I can just hear F-9B4's voice now. ”œYou won't have any chance with her if you're never sober, R9-V3!”

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

LOL, Ami! That was a tough but amusing challenge, trying to write such heartsick emotion into a droid! You did an admirable job - I was impressed by all of the droid-like references you added - aural sensors, obsolete, lubricant instead of alcohol, memory wipes, data corruption - all mechanical/electronic mentions underneath the emotion of his unrequited love.

In particular, I loved the trash can's one perfectly spoken line of Basic.

"Thank you for doing your part to make Coruscant a cleaner place."

Fantastic! It reminded me of Wally (the whole thing, not just that line!).

Oh - one thing to fix - I think F-9B4's comment is supposed to be addressed to R5 instead of R9?

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

You did an amazing job on such a difficult challenge! You injected such realism into that droid character. And such heartbreak. It truly felt like it came from Star Wars.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Short, but entertaining none the less. LOL I would have appreciated a few more computer references (I.E. "Visually scanned" instead of "looked", or something like that, etc.), but otherwise, I found it rather entertaining.

You know the closer you get to something

The tougher it is to see it,

And I'll Never take it for granted,

Let's go!

Every_Super_Villain_should_have_a_g.jpg