Actual Reality: Not a fanfilm but a film made by a fan.

Obi Wan Cannoli

Was the film funny?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Was the film funny?

• Yes
    • No

This is a funny short film I made about an obsessed MMORPG gamer that must gain some exp points in Actual Reality. It contains Star Wars themes and even scenes that pay direct homage to ROTJ.[/url]

My hilarious short film. Has Star Wars themes including a scene paying direct homage to ROTJ.

It's not really funny and it's not really that short, but that's not meant to be a negative review. Really, it wasn't what I expected (I was expecting something with a few college aged guys trying to be funny and geeky) and though your jokes mostly fell flat, I was pretty impressed with the filmography nonetheless. It was definitely a pretty big step up from amateur movie numero uno. Lighting effects, decent cuts, angles considered, nice music... the only thing I can think is that the intro with the 3D is so very long it's misleading and I would've probably clicked out (because I'm not a big fan of 3D graphics) long before the cut to reality.

I of course appreciated the nod to Star Wars.

I did have a bit of a laugh when he's all like "she burns my leg hair!" but the actual leg-hair burning sequence wasn't too funny. The hugely over the top stereotypes were of course also amusing.

Maybe you should go in a serious direction with storytelling in film. I think you've got the potential. There was a lot of good stuff in here, even if the funny didn't get me.

I was amused by the father being all YOU SHOULD LIKE WRESTLING. AND VAGINAS. When wrestling is really one of the most gay sports ever.

Also, don't mind Master Queef. He was a troll who's been since banned. He made a few very intereeeeesting threads.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Thanks man. Sorry to hear you didn't think it was that funny though I believe if you watched it a few times, those dry parts would grow on you. That's what usually happens.

Seriously though, thanks for watching the whole thing and not being deturd by the 3d sequence.

My hilarious short film. Has Star Wars themes including a scene paying direct homage to ROTJ.

Well, just because it wasn't laugh out loud funny doesn't mean I thought it was dry. (Ignore the troll, seriously.) I just enjoyed it more as a story than as a parody. I hope you make more films.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Well, it's a tough thing, these fanmade films. In high school, my friends and I (including KKVC) made our own version of LOTR: FOTR, and it's awesome to us, and our families and some of our close friends love it. But outside of that, it's not for general release, nor will it ever be. I've made a lot of fun videos with friends over the years, and I've come to realize that unless you're connected to it, it's never funny to people on the outside. That's just how these things work. It's nothing against you or your friends, but it's sort of a law of nature.

Though, the part with the dad amused me. I will admit that.

Keep in mind the valuable lessons of George Clooney. You don't want an Ocean's Eleven, where you get together with all your friends and just have fun and don't care about how it turns out. I'm not saying you did, but in a sense, having fun with your friends is awesome. Sometimes it doesn't translate.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

I liked it. I watched it again with some friends, and it can be pretty funny if you're in the right mindset. Gotta let the amateur-ish-ness of it add to the funny.

Thing is, ForceBacon... have you seen amateurish stuff? This is way better quality than most amateur filmmakers get! The reason I'm being a critic is because I think Obi Wan Cannoli has potential compared to your average young Star Wars fan with a camera.

The fan films I've made will NEVER see the light of day.

spsig.jpg

I meant know harm. Just felt that some people might look at it and see some of its imperfections as a drawback, but I think that makes it funnier. And I agree about fan films. I think the closest thing I ever did to a fan film was a photoshopped image of Han and Luke holding Stacker 2 bottles, while Han says "one thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner."