Adagio The Strings - NSW (Complete)

Ary the Grey

Please click the above link and listen to the song as you read this, I wrote this while listening to this and while slightly intoxicated.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate life. Not life in the sense of the living, but in the life once lived. A great man has passed away, and we are gathered here to honor his presence. He always wanted his funeral to be a celebration...a celebration of life and of music and dancing and good times...but as I read this today, I can honestly do nothing but mourn. He was a good man. He taught me how to live life to it's fullest, taught me many of life's little secrets, taught me the niches and loopholes and little go-arounds so that my life might be easier, that I might have a better relationship with the woman I love, that I might even be a better man than he was. To a certain degree, he was right. Hell...to every degree, he was right.

"To everything he ever really mentioned to me was a grain of truth, albeit in the form I needed to hear it at the right place and time, guiding me subtly and tenderly through my life, slowly yet steadily steering me towards the path I needed to take, the path that led me to a higher purpose. Maybe not all of you present believe in a higher purpose, but he did...and through him, I do as well. I believe that without that higher purpose, our lives are significantly less meaningful, and therefore that higher purpose is necessary to add to our lives to make it fuller and saturated with higher value. He taught me so much, nearly everything I needed to know, and yet here I am, feeling so lost and alone in this world. I cannot but help to think of how he felt when his mentor left him, and how he felt lost without a guide, having to forge his own way amidst the blackness and unknown. He spared me his own life, a life of misfortune and hardship, and for that I am forever in his debt.

"Here is a man, ladies and gentlemen, a man who is more than just the mortal title of man, as the Catholic church adorns saints such was he a saint to me. He might not have helped others as the Catholics seem to demand of their saints, but to me, he gave his all. To me, he poured his soul out, gave until there was nothing left to give. And for that, that one gift, I can never repay him. No matter what I do, no matter how I choose to memorialize him, no matter how those gathered here today choose to remember him, I can never make his memory mean as much to those listening as I can to myself.

"And though he was a great man, I must also realize and accept that he was a mortal, like any of the rest of us. From ashes we came, to ashes we must return. I have shed many tears before this moment just thinking about it. But now, standing before you today, I have and will do my utmost to keep a stiff upper lip. The man was worthy of so much, but tears and grief is not part of that. He wanted his end to be a celebration of life, and I will honor that. He wanted this to be a party. And while I can partially understand and accept his notion, it would seem inappropriate to the others assembled for this to truly turn into a celebration. I would be outright lying if I said I did not carry some grief with me as I read this, but from the bottom of my soul, I know he did right by his, and I know he has his peace.

"To the man that has influenced me since I learned to crawl...to the man that has taught me and my sister so much...to the man that has given us his entire life. Let us be happy that he is no in a better place, and let us pray we are fortunate enough and saintly enough in our own lives to meet him there. For though he had his faults, his goods far outweighed his sins...I am sure St. Peter had no issue opening the gates for him.

"Rest well, teacher. Mentor. Father. I hope you never have to worry again about matters of the mortal coil. Rest, and may your dreams happily be of us. Amen."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

That's... pretty sad, Charles. I'm afraid I had to make do with Wikipedia's thirty-second clip of Adagio For Strings, since Youtube is blocked here, but it added to the eulogy a good deal.

I have to ask... is this a real eulogy? I'm getting the sense that it is, and if so, I'm sorry for your loss.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

I know the song. It's an excellent song.

Don't worry, I'm reading this slightly intoxicated so I think we're on the same level. Because life must be celebrated. It is a fitting memory for a man, if it is a real man... and if not, a fitting memory for many people who've poured out their souls and now rest in peace.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Hrm, well clearly you wrote it for a reason dude, and you posted it here for us to see for a reason. Granted those reasons might be SEVERELY influenced by you being intoxicated, but the point remains.

If I might read into it a bit... I dont know if you had this all written up before you got intoxicated or came up with it WHILE intoxicated, but the fact that you wrote this up and wrote it up tells me that despite how scared shitless you might be about him dying, you clearly are 'ready' so to speak and will be able to process it should it happen.

But at the same time I might ask, who ISNT scared shitless of one or both of their parents dying? Assuming you've had good relationships with them of course. I know I am, and my parents arent close to kicking the bucket yet (as far as I know).

So while I'm glad the subject of it HASNT died yet, I wouldnt be ashamed of writing it either.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

"We are gathered here today to celebrate life. Not life in the sense of the living, but in the life once lived. A great man has passed away, and we are gathered here to honor his presence. He always wanted his funeral to be a celebration...a celebration of life and of music and dancing and good times...but as I read this today, I can honestly do nothing but mourn. He was a good man. He taught me how to live life to it's fullest, taught me many of life's little secrets, taught me the niches and loopholes and little go-arounds so that my life might be easier, that I might have a better relationship with the woman I love, that I might even be a better man than he was. To a certain degree, he was right. Hell...to every degree, he was right.

"To everything he ever really mentioned to me was a grain of truth, albeit in the form I needed to hear it at the right place and time, guiding me subtly and tenderly through my life, slowly yet steadily steering me towards the path I needed to take, the path that led me to a higher purpose. Maybe not all of you present believe in a higher purpose, but he did...and through him, I do as well. I believe that without that higher purpose, our lives are significantly less meaningful, and therefore that higher purpose is necessary to add to our lives to make it fuller and saturated with higher value. He taught me so much, nearly everything I needed to know, and yet here I am, feeling so lost and alone in this world. I cannot but help to think of how he felt when his mentor left him, and how he felt lost without a guide, having to forge his own way amidst the blackness and unknown. He spared me his own life, a life of misfortune and hardship, and for that I am forever in his debt.

"Here is a man, ladies and gentlemen, a man who is more than just the mortal title of man, as the Catholic church adorns saints such was he a saint to me. He might not have helped others as the Catholics seem to demand of their saints, but to me, he gave his all. To me, he poured his soul out, gave until there was nothing left to give. And for that, that one gift, I can never repay him. No matter what I do, no matter how I choose to memorialize him, no matter how those gathered here today choose to remember him, I can never make his memory mean as much to those listening as I can to myself.

"And though he was a great man, I must also realize and accept that he was a mortal, like any of the rest of us. From ashes we came, to ashes we must return. I have shed many tears before this moment just thinking about it. But now, standing before you today, I have and will do my utmost to keep a stiff upper lip. The man was worthy of so much, but tears and grief is not part of that. He wanted his end to be a celebration of life, and I will honor that. He wanted this to be a party. And while I can partially understand and accept his notion, it would seem inappropriate to the others assembled for this to truly turn into a celebration. I would be outright lying if I said I did not carry some grief with me as I read this, but from the bottom of my soul, I know he did right by his, and I know he has his peace.

"To the man that has influenced me since I learned to crawl...to the man that has taught me and my sister so much...to the man that has given us his entire life. Let us be happy that he is no in a better place, and let us pray we are fortunate enough and saintly enough in our own lives to meet him there. For though he had his faults, his goods far outweighed his sins...I am sure St. Peter had no issue opening the gates for him.

"Rest well, teacher. Mentor. Father. I hope you never have to worry again about matters of the mortal coil. Rest, and may your dreams happily be of us. Amen."

Please don't delete this, Charles. This is interesting indeed.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

I wrote it while intoxicated...heavily.

And I guess it can stay. Still freaks me out that I'd do something like this while drunk.

Well, you can be happy that you did it while drunk. Being sober might be a whole different matter entirely. People do stuff while drunk that always boggles their own minds in the process.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

But I also understand that something like this is deeply personal, so if you do want it removed I'll understand, but it's also very powerful because it hits home for everyone who's ever been to a funeral and so with that in mind I'd also like to see it stay. Who isn't scared of someone in their life dying?

And I'll be honest. I know that I think about death too much. Just today I was thinking "what if I suddenly get hit by a car?! I should post my will on Jedi.net no wait no." I imagine if I was really, really, really intoxicated some pretty morbid things might come out. But this isn't morbid, this is very facinating and powerful and maybe it uncovered thoughts you didn't know you had or some psychological thing like that.

And hey. It's proof that you drunk isn't just you = typos.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.