Your New Years Resolution

Tiana Calthye

What's your writing resolution for 2011? Mine include-

-Write draft two for Spire and Peripheral.

-Write Pariah (name pending)

-Submit a query to an agent or a short story to a magazine.

Post up your writing resolutions!

If you need a writing resolution I suggest: write a story and post it on Jedi.net.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

My big writing resolution this year is to post AT LEAST one chapter of my Advent of Shadows story each month. AT LEAST.

I'm just going to quote this so that when you FAIL TO UPDATE UNTIL NEXT JULY I CAN HOLD YOU TO IT!

I'm kidding. Good luck! Remember you never said how long those chapters had to be!

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

My big writing resolution this year is to post AT LEAST one chapter of my Advent of Shadows story each month. AT LEAST.

I'm just going to quote this so that when you FAIL TO UPDATE UNTIL NEXT JULY I CAN HOLD YOU TO IT!

I'm kidding. Good luck! Remember you never said how long those chapters had to be!

Awesome.

Well, I'm a big believer in longer chapters. I don't like minuscule updates that take 30 seconds to read. That's my preference anyway. I don't want a string of moments comprising a short story, but full scenes describing something greater.

Hopefully I can make my resolution a reality. At least saying what I said adds some pressure and forces me to get this finished. That's why I announced my story before I posted the first part. It helped jump start me.

Know well that I am working on a chapter right now. I'm hoping to have the draft done very soon.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

You want to write again? Good for you! Maybe you should resolve to post something writerly once a month, at least?

Ami, that blogging is no good for Jedi.net unless you post it here... hint hint...

spsig.jpg

Ami, that blogging is no good for Jedi.net unless you post it here... hint hint...

Hey, if any of it is any good, I promise I'll post it. But it'll probably just be random musings. This is going to be a big year, what with me graduating college in a few weeks, and I want to do my best to document it. I'm actually using that site you suggested--750words.com. It's not a true blog, but hopefully it'll keep me motivated to write every day!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

My writing solution is to get better at technical writing. From elementary to high school to English Comp 1 & 2, everyone stressed creative writing. Nobody ever bothered to teach me how to write a report, grant application, project proposal, or scientific paper. I am definitely learning the hard way.

michael_scott_gangmember.jpg

Really? You guys weren't taught those things? Man, I should mail you my English grade twelve book or just scan in some of the relevant stuff, Mael... I certainly didn't have creative writing stressed by my book--I just did that because I wanted to.

Essays are easy...

Hooky opening line. Personal relevant anecdote.

Facts.

Contrast.

Facts.

Tie it all together at the end with something catchy.

spsig.jpg

• 1 month later...

So how are people doing on their resolutions. We're a month or more into the year and we're all still here! I know Ben got his update done in time, no thanks to me.

So far I've FINALLY managed to start Pariah, but it's not finished.

spsig.jpg

We already made that deal. And for our fics, too. The truth, however, is that we love each other but we're not in love.

Sounds like someone is trying to make the LAP/Geki pairing. Sorry, we're not like that. But the closest thing to that is in RP where the two most bad ass villains, in the game's moderately short history, continue to play with rookie level novices who dare to bask in presence. Sorry, T, we're not doing it.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen