Kat Nargal Memorial Resort

King Kheldar vos Correlli

After the first few wrinkles, the talks smoothed out. I listened but didn't add much, knowing that I was only a young woman and an inexperienced officer. But after Faust left, the conversation dwindled, and I did speak up.

"So what we have agreed on is a general system of government, led by a high advisory council with the previously mentioned people sitting on it. There will be a blanket pardon for all war crimes, allowing everyone to have a fresh start. The Jedi and Sith will be tasked with hunting down rogues and terrorists, pirates and mercenaries that are terrorizing the populace, but otherwise will be left to their own devices."

I placed my hands in my lap. "Do the Jedi and Sith want those offered seats on the high council?"

I took a small sip of water before continuing. "We also need to discuss what the military will look like. For example, will all present officers retain their same ranks and positions? What will the fleet look like in terms of vessel types? And what troops will we use? Personally, I am in favor of having the fleet be a true merging, using all of the ships available now. In terms of troops, however, I believe that both Republic troops and stormtroopers should be done away with and made into something new. Both sides have certain stigmas attached to them as it is now, and the differences in uniforms promote division. I'd suggest that we create a new type of trooper. A lot of protocols will need to be rewritten as their job will change--for example, less of a focus on defeating Force-users, as that should not be a situation that our new government should have to face."

I didn't know if I had said too much. But I was thinking of Captain Walker and all the troops I had come to know so well over the past few months. I didn't want to see them out of a job, and I knew the stormtroopers would feel the same way. "We should give them all a chance to get out of the military, but we'll still need to come up with something for those who desire to stay."

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Agreement was always fun, especially when it was between age old enemies. Raven was glad to see Cadio again, she would have to speak to him afterwords, and see what he would do after it was all over. That really was the question on everyone's mind.

"So...all of us here are of at least some amount of rank in our respective orders and governments. With our careers built upon the recently ended struggles, what place is there for us? We are all forgiven, but with no wars to fight...what are we to do? What use is the military? Are the Arach'tar due to arrive soon? Was is our purpose?"

She was sure that many would retire, leave in disgrace, or kill themselves with alcohol. Such was the way of warriors left without battles to fight. Yet she still had many years left in front of her, and eternal police work, was not what a military is built for.

"New armour and ideals would fit us perfectly. The uniting of our forces will greatly boost the army, but then the question is can we afford such a force?"

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

When prompted, Haphaestus spoke in response to Captain Cadan. "This seat we will accept."

Onderin had started thinking about how the military would actually look, and now he spoke about it. "A valid point, Captain Raven," he said. Then he spread his arms, "The war is over, and the soldier's place is diminished. While we'll still need a military, especially in these first few years, it can be dramatically cut back. I for one am retiring as Admiral, to take my life in a new direction. I suspect that, our war fought, many of you will feel the same.

"As for the face of our military, it will exist simply to combat criminals and protect the citizenry. Stormtroopers don't fit the democratic ideal, so while their training and tradition can remain, the armor that has long been associated with fear must disappear," he continued. "Our new Galactic Alliance can invest the credits that have long been driving war machines back into the economies of our worlds, bolstering our citizens' quality of life."

Ambassador Talis stepped forward and looked around the room. "I believe we've now laid down the foundations--the advisory council, the Senate, the supreme commander, the blanket pardon, and the roles of the Jedi and Sith Orders. Now, a constitution can be drafted to formalize our decisions, and we should initialize certain important leadership positions," he said.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

"I disagree whole heartily, just because Stormtroopers give you nightmares doesn't mean that Stormtroopers are the cause of fear.

I bet for those on Tatooine where Hutt law had been established, the people were ten times happier to see a stormtrooper, member of a legitimate government, that a hutt thug. Your reasoning is bias and I do not accepted it.

You see the Empire as dark and scary. Clearly we are just far more stylish and effective than you in everything that we do."

He glared at everyone in the room. Even those among his own party. He would have shook his head but it was unbecoming of him. It was like he was in a room full of people who had only half of a bigger picture if that. They were talk about taking people who were until yesterday doing their best to kill each other and forcing them to work together.

Did they not see the inherent problem? If I had my pistol even during this negotiations, I might have shot the rebel delegation by now. Just being in the same room with these murders who have had a blatant disregard for Imperial life bothers me. The stormtrooper in me, wants to curb stomp their faces and make them eat their teeth. How can they or I expect everybody in the military to fall into step so neatly. There is bound to be tensions, back allies fights and beatdowns, poisoning and assassinations. Just watching Admiral Starlisk talking has made me want to shoot him three times already as murderous rage overtakes me.

"Combining the army and the navies are all well and good. However, we don't need a complete overhaul to do it. The ships of both Navies are perfectly fine and in working order. Keeping them in service but using them as a united front will be far better, than scrapping countless ships, turning around and rebuilding countless more."

Gripping the back of his chair he looked to his right before looking at the rebel delegation once more.

"Truth be told I believe stormtroopers will play an critical part in this new system. When was the last time you had heard of a Stormtrooper being bribed? Coerced or some how convinced against doing his duty. You may not know this but the reason the Stormtrooper corps existed outside of the command of the Imperial army and the Imperial navy is due to one of the stormtrooper's other services. That being to make sure government property stays with in the hands of the government.

In this new government where enemies will now be forced together as friends, what better group to continue to keep the peace than the stormtrooper? Who else will you find willing to keep an uprising of disgruntled republic troopers from overtaking a star destroyer they get stationed on. Who to ensure that a vengeful Imperial pilot doesn't attempt to crash a machine of war into a civilian population center.

No in keeping with the ideal of the Stormtrooper they will need to stay around as the elite fighting force they are, if only to ensure that this hodgepodge of a military can be forced to work together. Furthermore, I believe such an elite group should be answerable only to the supreme commander."

He didn't dare pause as to do so would invite interruption in this crowd. Instead he barreled on forward leaving no gaps for a person to interject with. He look at Raven, before speaking.

"The military will be used what it has always been used for, securing our populous. Be it from each other or from an outside Force. We have many worlds to keep the peace with. Worlds that hate their neighbors, worlds that spawn pirates, worlds under the control of Black sun. There is still a use for the military as there always seems to be an enemy, an enemy called nature. It simply is within the nature of beings to fight and disagree, and we will have to make sure we can respond if need be.

After all what if some group takes issue with this legitimate government like the rebel alliance took issue with the Empire was voted in to be the legitimate government. In order to ensure that there is a peaceful, stable, and secure society we must remain vigilant even though our war with ourselves is over."

Redressing the entire crowd he asked a question.

"So lets recap, We have a system of checks and balances correct. Now who checks who?"

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

Cadio frowned as the man who he had just backed decided to once again let his overly large mouth get the better of him. It was a shame, really, to see someone who could play such a large and integral part in the new government throw himself under the proverbial bus just because he didn't understand the art of compromise. When the man didn't pause and instead barreled on as if his word was law, Cadio began to shake his head. This was going to be harder than it had first appeared to be.

"Let me take this opportunity to remind the Former-Emperor Rustic that his word is no longer law. Just because you believe that the Stormtrooper Corps must be involved in this new form of government doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of us involved do and attempting to skip on to the next item on the agenda is nothing more than an insult to those of us who do not agree with you.

Let's be realistic here. It is physically impossible for you to keep track of every Stormtrooper that you have had deployed around the galaxy and to claim that they can't be bribed is so far beyond wishful thinking that it borders on delusion. I would bet everything I own that somewhere along the line more than one of your troopers has been 'coerced', as you put it, into doing something against policy. I won't claim that the Republic troops are any better because I know that it would be just as easy to bribe a Republic trooper as it would be to bribe Stormtrooper but this isn't about who's troops are better, it is about what is better for the galaxy at large.

I honestly believe that a new government deserves a new military. This government will be unlike any the current citizens of the galaxy have ever experienced and to keep either of our military forces as they are would be...irresponsible of us. There are Imperial citizens who would view Republic troops with distaste just as there are Republic citizens who would view Imperial troops with distaste and retaining something such as the Stormtrooper Corps would simply encourage the division that you claim your troops will have to combat.

I have faith in those troops previously under my command that they will accept their new brothers in arms just as they would accept any new recruit and for any who choose to not take the route of acceptance, a court martial is nothing more than a few signed pieces of flimsi away. Those who can't play well with others will not get to play at all, if you will.

I will agree with Admiral Starlisk in that I have no problem with the training regiments and traditions being continued but something as iconic as the armor, on both the Imperial and the Republic sides, must go."

Cadiosig052009.png

'Let me take this opportunity to remind the Former-Emperor Rustic that his word is no longer law. '

Though he had come to accept that after this summit his position and a lot o what he stood for would have faded away. It didn't really hit him until hearing the arrogant little republic pup utter those words. For a brief moment his shoulders sagged and he slumped like a boxer hit in the gut.

Yet as quickly as the blow came a new emotion found its way into the pit of his bell. A cold and icy pity of anger. Who did that man think he was to talk to him in that manner? They were not equal. They could never be equal. As that man had no doubt aspired to be the rank he was. Had worked, and schemed, and perhaps even back stabbed to ensure that he was in the position he now held. His entire career built on the backs of Imperial men slaughtered by either him or his command.

Deton had never aspired to rise to his current rank. It had been trusted upon him as a matter of necessity. He had been, and on some level would always be a stormtrooper. It was much a part of him as his lungs, and a stormtrooper was meant to serve and protect. Granted, he had used his new found powers to instill that at every level he could manage. The fact of that matter was however, that while both men were considered to be influential men of status in power, the common ground between them was one of spilled blood. Nothing more nothing less.

"You jest correct? Physically impossible? Perhaps when one has spent his entire military career dealing with various vagabond and scoundrels fillings his ranks of fighting men, the notion of a solider of integrity is difficult for you to understand.

Not to say you haven't done well with the clearly limited resources at your disposal. That is evident by the very fact you stand here today. Yet don't presume to know the value of a stormtrooper just because you have faced them in battle and lived to tell the tale."

He could feel a rather explosive anger lying under the surface. It was as if a fuse had been lit some time ago. Yet now the fuse had grown short as it continued to burn. Various unarmed strikes began to filter through his mind, as the same scene appeared with alarming regularity.

He would leap over the table in a moment. The Admiral would would be easy to dispatch with Stava. He would have to move into steel hand to take down the Jedi Admiral. It would be quick in both instance, and as his excitement of taking such action seemed to grow, he quietly checked himself and forced himself into breathing exercises.

It was not that killing two of his enemies wouldn't bring him joy. As it would longer after he was restrained by the rest of the guards and delegation. It was so much so that he knew of a far greater reward. There is no single more important thing than to help men and women of all species build their lives on distant worlds. As long as he could continue to play nice he could ensure that goal was realized. All he had to do in his final moments as Emperor was play nice and the citizens who had put their faith in him would have the one thing he wished for them to have more than anything. They would have a secure future, with stability and order in their lives. It was perhaps his one and only dream and he was not about to little anyone snatch it from him, least of all himself.

"I know you fear losing the hearts and minds of your citizens in this new government. I know that is your reasoning behind you wishing to do away with the stormtrooper armor. I am saying that iconic armor is what is needed.

Can the stormtroopers still do their jobs in perhaps new and better armor? Of course they can. Yet you misunderstand the need for the armor. In this new galaxy, bitter enemies will now become forced friends. The temptation to get a little payback in living spaces, mess halls, and during off duty hours will be high. It is simply the way beings are. Imperial army, Imperial navy, Republic soldiers and pilots these are are living, thinking, breathing beings with feelings, thoughts and emotions with experiences who make them who they are. There is no sudden on and off switch that they can flip that will turn an Imperial ace pilot into a friend of a Republic pilot. There is simply put bad blood between sides.

Yet the stormtrooper, the most elite and feared professional fighting force in the galaxy can absorbed that bad blood with their shiny white armor. Already self-contained, the brotherhood they share will not be affected as both Imperial and Republic militia men unite out of defiance of a common overseer. There is simply put, no better group to over see the transition of men and material into the hybrid we wish to build.

Keep the armor, allow both Republic and Imperial feel the boot of the Stormtrooper keeping them inline, and they will find new grounds to unite upon. It is an already vivid and iconic armor, and anything new would take years to install the same level of respect. By that time untold horrors and tragedies may have befallen countless men and women.

Perhaps you simply seem these people as numbers, that a trooper horribly maimed in a bar room brawl is an acceptable loss as long as say the whole unit works together better in the end.

Yet I don't see them as a statistic. I have been alive in this galaxy for a grant total of twenty-five years. That is twenty-five years of hopes, dreams and ambitions. Twenty-five years of interactions with people I have met, with places I have gone and things I have seen. Yes, that does mean that has also been twenty-five years of resources I have consumed, of animals killed so I can have what my body requires. Yet this also means that twenty-five years ago two wonderful people, Col Sabret Rustic and Ira Rustic, looked down and were happy about the new life they brought into this world. What a waste it would be if my life were to end because in this new merger, a group of former republic soldiers saw that I was an imperial, met me out back and killed me for the anger they felt due to this past war. Yet this story of mine is not unique, it is the same for every single solitary man and woman who has ever served on either side in this war. Do you really want to hope and pray to some unseeing God or the Force that the emotional beings that we are, are capable of simply turning on a switch and forgiving everything that has passed.

Why hope and wish, when we can ensure that such tragedies don't come to pass. Really, I am proposing not that the stormtrooper becomes the enemy but, that the armor becomes the fall guy for the men and women serving on both sides in this war. If you can not see the merit of such a suggestion than clearly you are blinded by the very naivete that would consume a small child!"

Deton looked around the room. Locking eyes with no one but pausing on the various Jedi in the room. Despite everything, to him Jedi were still the bogymen that came out in the dark, lightsabers flashing, and either took away your mind, or carved you up with their lightsaber. He had for the most part avoided them and all other Force users as often as he could. Yet here he was helping to decide the fate they would help play in the upcoming galaxy, and instead was getting bogged down by the irrational fears of lesser men. If the galaxy had a sense of humor, surely it was laughing at him now.

detonsigoq4.png

Cadio simply sat shaking his head as the man spoke. Rustic just didn't get it. Just as a government built on blood would surely fall, a government who was feared would just as surely be overthrown. As the rather long-winded man finally wrapped up his speech Cadio began to choose his words.

"A people should not fear their government; A government should fear its people. Your misplaced belief in your Stormtrooper's ethics aside, I refuse to stand by as a new government, a new opportunity, is formed and watch it rule the galaxy with an iron fist. These men deserve more than that and even with your Stormtrooper gauntlet running around it won't change anyone's emotions, its just going to suppress them until someone finally bursts. These men don't need a reminder that they'll die if they act upon their feelings, which is the idea that this iconic armor will instill, they need the understanding that those who they once considered enemies are no different than they are.

Both sides were only attempting to get what they considered to be best for the galaxy and now they are getting the chance to help build and protect what actually is best for the galaxy and if you can't see and support that then you are no less blinded than I."

Cadiosig052009.png

Kitt had heard by this point the only real relevant information that would be useful to him and the Jedi Order. The rest of it was just simple nonsense outlines that the government itself would have to figure out. Because of this, Kitt slowly withdrew into the shadows and then began to slowly make his way out of the room unnoticed. It seemed best this way for him to collect what information he needed and then leave without anyone noticing that he had left. It helped enforce something about him, but what exactly it was he couldn't say.

Walking down the halls of the beautiful resort, the Jedi Grandmaster made his way towards the hangar bay where his StarSword was resting. He would leave the talks to return to the Order, which by this point should have fully moved quietly from Gala to Tython, the new home of the Jedi Order.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

OOC: The cards are down and we're the closest to agreement we're going to manage. Deton, it's been a stimulating discussion, but we could argue forever. Now it's time to try out the system as we have it and we can always evaluate it over the next few months.

IC:

Talis stepped up again. "Vice-Admiral Sikaot is correct. There is no place for the stormtrooper armor here. However, the Emperor's claims about their effectiveness have been proven throughout the war, so let their training traditions persist."

- Democratic Government with Senate and Chief of State

- Checks and Balances provided through Advisory Council for all branches

- Imperial troop training with stormtrooper standards but no stormtrooper armor

- Much of the Imperial military structure, but checked by Advisory council, and utilizing a mix of Imperial and Republic ships and tech

- Executor position, which sits on the Advisory Council and, when approved, actually takes the action

- The Jedi and Sith will have seats on the council and have agreed to help keep galactic peace against rogue Force using elements

- Blanket pardon for war crimes

These were the basis for the Galactic Alliance and the results of the meeting. There had been concessions on both sides, and that was the point of negotiation. Now they were arriving at a point where everything could be finalized.

Everything was written up. All that needed to be done was the initialization of the positions, but even that could wait until after everyone had signed. A very important-looking datapad summarizing the terms of the peace and the foundation of the government that would be built upon it was brought before former-Emperor Rustic by an aide. "Your signature will be required."

3C12kbA.png

Large strong hands whose purpose for quite some time had been to crack skulls took what was perhaps the most important datapad the galaxy had seen in quite some time. Cool eyes with a hint of fire behind them scanned the document as pursed lips were the only sign of activity.

It is not everything, I would have hoped for in such an accord. Yet for now it is enough. May what ever supreme being have mercy on this old solider.

There were many things that had flashed before his eyes. A well of emotion sprang forth as the past came forth. Every transgression, every annoyance, foray, his military career came forth in this on moment. The moment where he essential could give it all away. Sure not everything would be in vain. He had taken down quite a few criminals in his day. Yet here he was not only knocking boots with the enemy but about to sign away the Empire as a legitimate authority in the galaxy. Though all of the battle fought he couldn't deny a single conclusion.

Though the rebels had been his most hated enemy. Hatred that rivaled the heat of suns, due to their destructive nature. They had also been his most respected foe. They were or had all been simply bit players in a tragedy far larger than any of them. He understood that more than anyone.

I am no hero. I may be the face of the Empire but I am not her champion. I am merely a man who has seen and done and endured what can never be forgotten or truly forgiven.

It took only a moment, and then a being who was once an Emperor was nothing more than a man. No greater or lesser than any other being in the galaxy.

Well, still better than quite a few He caught himself thinking as he reflected on that thought. There was officially nothing left for him. He was just another solider, yet still he remained amongst those who considered themselves leaders. Though he hated to admit it, these were perhaps the closest people in stature to him. Who else would understand the trials and tribulations of a former Emperor? Who else could fathom the incredible pressure to have trillions of beings depending on you for guidance. He doubted many in this room, but they were close and he could accept that.

He took a seat as a sense of both weariness and freedom over took him. Unfortunately now, came the boring part.

detonsigoq4.png

As he prepared his fighter for the soon long trek of his journey towards his new home, Kitt could feel within the Force, now being a bit more separated from the room, a sense of calm washing over the galaxy. He was always amazed by the Force and how it worked out, as he never thought that it would heavily rely upon an event such as this to bring a resting peace to the galaxy. Perhaps it's all for the better that it would come in such a way. A time for the Jedi to reconnect to our roots is what we need, and during a time of peace... He hesitated to finish the thought, as he was afraid to some degree of cursing what was before him now. Taking the moments to relax as he waited for the staff to bring him his lightsbaer back to him, he rested upon his StarSword, as he could feel within the Force that there was still some talking for him to do while he was here.

Why can these people not understand what this meeting is truly about? This meeting is not to decide the specifics of this government. We are not here to bicker over armor, ship classifications, or paint schemes. We are here to end the fighting between the Empire and the Republic. We are here to bring about peace in the galaxy. We are here to do the most important and best thing for this galaxy, and all these leaders can do is bicker over pointless and trivial things. Things that can be changed at the drop of a hat by the new officials anyway.

Just as Marcus stood up to get some air, Ambassador Talis rattled off the proposal for the new government, and the leaders of both governments began to sign. Allowing a sigh of relief to escape his lips, Marcus smiled and took a walk to stretch his legs. Even during fleet combat, something that required very little moving, Marcus did not sit for hours on end. As he exited the conference room he felt a weight lift off his shoulders, almost as if his muscles had been tensed to fight off some unknown foe and now that that he was away from the bickering, arguing, and debate of pointless issues, his body knew it could relax. Within moments he found himself in a hangar and spotted the Jedi Grandmaster Kitt leaning against his Starsword. The former Imperial Admiral walked over to the Jedi and offered his hand as a twofold gesture, the first as former adversaries ending their conflict and the second, being more important to Marcus, as a friend.

reilly1.jpg

Finally, we had true peace. I watched as Deton and Onderin signed the accord, and a wave of joy washed over me. I knew without a doubt that this new Galactic Alliance would benefit the galaxy. I had known from the moment I first saw the fact in Raven's eyes that she did not want to shoot me aboard the Peacemonger.

As people began to get up and walk around and the meeting wound down, I rose as well and made my way across the table to Raven. There was a smile on my face as I greeted her warmly. "It looks like we're officially on the same side now," I said. "I'm glad our choice led to this."

Impulsively, I stepped closer to her and gave her a quick little hug, letting go quickly and stepping back. I hoped she wouldn't be too startled by it, but I felt a kinship with her. I felt like I had a new friend.

I then stepped over to Onderin. "Well, master, I guess this is it. Peace. What will you do now?"

Kitt couldn't help but fully smile at seeing his friend, Marcus approach him. There was something about the young admiral that made him feel an overwhelming need to pursue after peace during the war, even for the short amount of time that he spent active within in. He knew that someone needed to bring a peace about so that this young man could fully learn about the Force.

"Marcus, I am so glad to see you apart of these talks. Something told me it was within our reach during our first meeting together."

An extremely tight smile lined Cadio's lips. It was finished, drafted and signed and now the new government could begin to be formed. He watched as Captain Cadan briefly hugged the young Captain Raven and strangely felt the desire to do the same, though he quickly suppressed it, feeling it inappropriate for a man of his age to be hugging a minor, especially at an event such as this. Instead he chose a polite head nod when he was able to draw her eye, silently thanking her for her kindness and her work for peace. She was undoubtedly a crucial factor in even making these negotiations happen.

Even though an embrace was uncalled for in this instance, talking to the young captain was certainly acceptable. He quietly made his way to the young woman, passing by a rather contemplative looking Rustic on his way, and came to stand next to her.

"Iis it everything you dreamed it would be?"

Cadiosig052009.png

After shaking the Jedi GrandMasters hand, Marcus turned slightly and allowed himself to lean against Kitts Starsword. The former Admiral watched as aides and diplomats slowly began to filter their way out of the conference rooms. His eyes followed each man and woman as they either boarded their shuttles or made their way toward the section of the resort that held the staterooms.

"This galaxy needed a change, my friend. Neither the Republic or the Empire were doing the job properly. As much as it pains me, the Empire that I fought to defend hasn't existed in a long time. Deton has tried to make it work, tried to fix it. But when something is dead, you can't bring it back."

Marcus lowered his head and stared at the hangar floor for a moment. His mind began to wander as he thought about his past. The things he fought for were long gone. His family had been killed a long time ago. All his friends were either spread across the Empire, or dead. The only thing he had were the men under his command.

"In truth, my friend, I only came here today to make sure those men under my command were not left in the cold. Every act they committed in this war was either under my orders or another superior. I didn't want the Republic throwing Imperial soldiers and pilots into brigs for simply following orders. And as strange as it sounds, I also wanted to make sure the same thing didn't happen to the men from the Republic."

Straightening his body and turning to face Kitt, Marcus turned to a topic that interested him more than the politics of the galaxy.

"So how are you doing in these troubled times? How is the Jedi Order dealing with this change?"

reilly1.jpg

Kitt was slowly unfocused by the question. He hadn't really thought about it since he arrived here, much less since the Death Star battle begun. It was an honest question that he needed to address. Maybe that's why the Force had him invite the others from the Council to be present?

"To tell the truth, major restructuring needs to happen right about now with the Order. This will most likely have us withdraw from the galaxy for a little while until we can fully get our bearings on where we are headed."

It was an honest answer to the question. It wasn't much, but it was all he could offer for the moment.

"What will you do now that the galaxy won't need an Admiral anymore?"

Secretly, Kitt was hoping that his answer would be that he wanted to seek out training with the Force, but he was unsure of where Marcus stood on the whole matter.

Once the treaty was signed, Onderin let himself relax for the first time since he'd gotten out of being imprisoned in the Imperial Spire. It looked like things were going to turn out all right, at least for now. The war was really over, and a democratic government had taken its place ruling over the galaxy for the first time since the Old Republic. It had really been quite a fight, and now the government would be stronger than ever for it. There was still a lot of rebuilding to be done... but not by him.

The ex-Admiral looked at Aira, his old apprentice, and gave a tired smile. "Yes, peace," he said. "My work for the government is done, my war has been fought. They don't need old rebels like me anymore in the military. I'm going to retire from the navy and become a full-time Jedi Master."

He ran a hand through his hair, clearly starting to once again think about the future. "And what about you, Aira? It feels like you joined the war right as it was ending, but, like me, you joined it as soon as you were Knighted. Are you going to retain your commission, or move on to a different phase of your life?"

3C12kbA.png

It was the first time Marcus had given any real thought to his life after this summit. He had known for some time that peace would be the standard of the galaxy. While Marcus did fight for peace, even prepared to die for it, he knew that peace would bring about the loss of position within the Empire. He had accepted that fact upon joining the Imperial Academy. But now that the time had come for him to relinquish his position, he had no idea what he was going to do.

"I actually have not given much thought to what my life outside of the Imperial Navy would be. I remember you telling me once before that I had the ability to touch the Force. Could you train me to do that? Train me as a Jedi?"

reilly1.jpg

Raven was a bit taken aback by the sudden emotion that struck the room. Aira gave her a hug, and Raven gave it back. She was also overcome by it, and she trembled with a sense of pride and joy. She felt warm tears running down her pale face. And she embraced Aira with a fierce force. Such was the measure of the joy flowing through some of the room. "I have never been so excited in my life!" And she meant it.

She looked up to a face that she did not expect. Her old foe, and new friend. Cadio. She considered him a real hero. Saving her life. And changing her mind from death and destruction, to love and peace. It was like a song or something.

"Everything I dreamed? Maybe, it will play out in the end eh?"

She looked him in the eye then hugged him. "Thank you..."

Kitt kept his emotions in check as to not let them take over as he spoke in return to Marcus. While he maintained a cool presence, his inner self was leaping around with joy for the victory of getting the young former Admiral to train in the ways of the Force. Kitt had wanted him to be willing for such a thing for so long.

"I would be greatly honored my friend to take this task upon myself."

I shrugged. "I'm not sure, Master. I feel like I have a place in the military, but I hate the fighting. Perhaps it would be good for me to stay now that the big fighting is history. All of my friends are staying in the military, like Commodore Argus and Captain Walker."

I paused. "But this might also be a good time for me to get...reconnected with my Jedi side. It's strange...I don't feel like a Jedi. Perhaps because my training was so different from that of other Jedi, or because it always took a backseat to the war." I raised an eyebrow. "Or maybe the biggest part is that I don't know any Jedi besides yourself and Grandmaster Fitt, and him only a little. Depending on what the Jedi Order plans on doing next, maybe this could be a good chance for me to get out there, meet some fellow Jedi, and start feeling like a Jedi and not a soldier."

I hadn't really given it all very much thought. There were a few things I wanted to do--going back to Ilum and freeing those Jedi souls that I had been forced to abandon being one of them. It might also be nice to see my family. It had been several years since I had left to become a Jedi, and now that the galaxy was at peace, I could probably get the time off I needed to visit.

"What makes you say that the galaxy doesn't need you anymore? The military may have less work to do now, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't use an admiral."

Onderin allowed one of his amused half smiles. "I've always been a Jedi, Aira," he said. "I'm just one that can't back down from a fight. Now that the war's over, my reasons for fighting are gone, and I'd much rather go back to where my heart is--in the Order."

He shrugged. "I'm sorry if you feel distant from the Order because of my training, but you have proven yourself a wiser Jedi than I by taking the initiative to start the peace talks that led us here," he continued. "I would encourage you to come to Tython for the meeting Master Fitt is holding and take the chance to meet some other Jedi. It's the perfect chance to get your foot back in the door."

Onderin was interested to see what went on during this meeting. The Jedi had to find their new place in the galaxy, and from what he knew of Kitt, there were some changes that would take place. Always one to take the stand against injustice, Onderin wasn't sure if he would agree with the Grandmaster on all the issues at hand, but it wasn't his place to run the Order. From here on, he was just another Jedi Master, bound to the Order and its Grandmaster's decisions. In a way, it would be nice to take orders for once instead of always shouldering the responsibilities of giving them and dealing with the consequences.

3C12kbA.png

I nodded at Onderin's words and smiled. "Perhaps you're right. What am I saying? Of course you're right! You're a Jedi Master!" My mood was light. The negotiations had gone better than I had hoped, and I knew I had acted in line with the will of the Force by instigating them.

"Tython, eh? Well, if you recommend it, then why not? It'll be good to reconnect." I supposed we were all free to go and that there was little sense waiting around here--although the place was certainly lavish and I'd have enjoyed spending some time relaxing here. Relaxing...it was a foreign word, as much as I had tried to get in the habit of relaxing a little bit. But I had been in constant battles for the last three months or so, and I had long forgotten what it would feel like to relax.

Perhaps that was another reason to go to Tython. My mind was made up. Time to start being a Jedi, I thought.

As the negotiations broke up and small conversations formed, the Dark Lord's eyes met those of Nurgle. Haphaestus had input very little into the discussion, but he had not failed to bring the Sith to a new, stronger position. It turned out that the galaxy was optimistic about the Sith due to the psychological relief that the prospect of peace brought. Optimism was not something that surrounded the Order, but now Haphaestus would have been foolish to fail to take advantage of it. Now came the part where he bided his time and let his mind for tactics to come into play. The Sith were not going to be neutered by the Galactic Alliance, but if the government was foolish enough to think so, they could be his guest.

Presently Haphaestus drifted over to the Jedi Grandmaster, Kitt Fitt, who had expressed a desire to speak with him personally during the negotiations. "Jedi Fitt," he greeted the man, his voice completely neutral. He was a being that felt emotions, some very strong, but he had existed for millenia without that capacity. Needless to say, whatever emotion he felt was not tied to his voice, and so he conveyed only what he meant to convey. "I look forward to working closely with the Jedi to present a united front against rogue Force users."

In truth, Haphaestus had very little interest in hunting valuable assets like Vladimir Faust. The negotiations being held in a Force-free zone guaranteed that Fitt could not divine such, of course. But the part about working closely with the Jedi? There he had no use for deception. He was looking forward to that very much indeed.

HOWEsON.png

Cadio met Raven's eyes and listened to her words, but when she embraced him he wasn't sure how to respond. He had buried his feelings deep within himself and wasn't at all prepared for this kind of emotional display, especially within these pretenses. It wasn't that he particularly minded, even in front of all of his esteemed colleagues, but the hug had startled him beyond words. He chose to return the embrace, albeit breaking it quickly. He smiled down at her petite form.

"I was simply doing my job, my dear. It is you we should all be thanking. Without your willingness to set your's and Captain Cadan's differences aside we wouldn't be having this discussion and it is a very real possibility that both of us would be dead."

A slight pause.

"What will you do now?"

Cadiosig052009.png

How exceedingly unprofessional she felt at this moment. But in the end who really cared, she was out of a job in a few days anyway. Unless the Alliance would accept her on the grounds of her being one of the founding members...

But History, she was sure, would not be kind on the hero's of the old wars. Raven looked up to Cadio, and blushed. She felt like an idiot, and making him awkward in front of his friends. She laughed nervously and brushed her dark hair from her large eyes.

"Well sir, our talks aboard ship, opened my eyes, and I am proud to have helped with this development. Yes, we would both be rather different, or corpses by now. Alas, how many died before we could put our differences aside."

She thought of McNamera and others who had fallen under her command. Nothing could save her from feeling their fates everyday for the rest of her life. No matter how many she may have saved in the end, the grief was still near. Raven could feel warm tears springing from her eyes, perhaps joy, perhaps sorrow.

"I don't know what I am going to now, I feel lost...."

Kitt slowly nodded his head towards Marcus in completely understanding. He took a moment to look at his StarSword, as it most likely wouldn't fit both of them in it. Looking back at Marcus, he spoke gently.

"You may have to take your own transport, but I shall give you the coordinates for Tython. You won't find the Temple upon arrival in Ashla, but I will lead you there."

As soon as he had finished, Haphaestus spoke up. For some odd reason, Kitt found him to be a bit cold in appearance, yet it wasn't something that made him uneasy. In his years of dealing with crime lords, Haphaestus looked to be along the same lines of them. He was careful to listen to each word that Haphaestus spoke before he responded.

"I would like to meet up with you in the near future to discuss more closely what sort of conduct we will have our members follow while they are out on such things together. I feel it best to have such a thing to protect both of our Order's reputations..."

Haphaestus mentally frowned when the Grand Master's voice trailed off seemingly halfway through his sentence. "I am a very busy man, Fitt," he said. "If you wish to delay such a conversation from this point, I can make no guarantees about its timeliness."

There was much work to do. The Sith were just starting to unite under his leadership, and they needed to define their place in the Galactic Alliance. Haphaestus had been considering what that place would be for some time. The trouble was how few Masters he had under his command... but he hadn't failed to notice that the Jedi Order was not much larger. Although he would put on a mask before the Jedi that made him seem quite reasonable, he would not discard the ancient war between the Orders just because the Empire had been weak enough to capitulate to Republic control. Either that, or they were too stupid to notice that such control had been forced upon them.

Haphaestus stared into Fitt's soul, trying to read the man. He seemed utterly non-committal, rather unguided for a Jedi Grand Master. He had trouble believing that this man was the most powerful Jedi in the Order, but if that was true, it hinted that the Order was weaker than ever.

HOWEsON.png