Complaints about the Mods

Travis

Okay, I have been here almost 2 years (in a few weeks it will be 2) and have seen a lot of stuff from the staff (specifically the mods) that greatly concerns me. I have been on a ton of sites for varying amounts of time and have a good reference from which to formulate these opinions.

In my time here, I have been known as a kind of hyper-critical and outspoken guy, mostly because of my first month or so here and because of my fondness for debates. Because of that, I have learned to really bite my tongue when it comes to any criticism or suggestions pertaining to this site, its staff, and its operations. Of the last few weeks, I have began to break that trend by suggesting some new ideas, but at this point, I feel comfortable enough to address my grave concerns about various members of the mod team here.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I don't have personal contact with all of the mods here. I am not able to attest to the goodness or downright evil of all of the mods, so I will only be able to address those with whom I have had personal experience with.

First off, and most troubling, is a moderator known as Lord Ar-Pharazon (LAP or Ben for short). This man is quite possibly the epitome of all that is wrong with this site. When he first became a mod (one of the few that took place in my Jnet "lifetime"), I had high hopes for him because he appeared to me to be a little overprotective of his position, moody, and sometimes downright hostile. With traits like that, I felt confident that he was going to be a great mod for the site, but then I came to know him on a personal level and all my hopes were dashed.

It turns out that, after a few brief glimpses of potential, he revealed himself to be a good natured, understanding, man of the people. I am absolutely outraged that he takes time to actually talk with some of the members almost as equals. It is repulsive to see him having a good time and inviting others to do the same. I absolutely am appalled that he not only listens to my occasional concerns and responds to them! It is a travesty of all proper forms of forum etiquette and cannot be allowed to remain! Above all others in my personal experience, he has been the one that was quickest to reach out and to listen to the concerns of the members and that disturbs me to no end. I beg the Administration to do something about this radical and absolutely abhorrent mod before he can do further damage by treating members with respect and a little dash of humorous mischief.

Along with LAP is another highly concerning member of the staff, Jidai Geki. At first, I didn't think I would have any complaints or concerns regarding his behavior, but recent events have forced me to speak up about this piece of work. For most of my time here, I was under the comfortable and entirely acceptable impression that Geki despised me and was looking for any opportunity to squash me. This was good as it is the proper order of things on a forum such as this. The members should always dread their staff and live in constant fear that they will receive the banhammer for no apparent reason. That he was also a die hard liberal atheist who never agreed with me in any political or religious debate also was major points in his favor.

However, all of my comfortable misconceptions about Geki evaporated when we had a little chat that cleared many things up. From that point forward, through a few PM exchanges and some conversations on Skype, I have found that he can be a fairly decent human being (something no mod should ever be). It is so bad that, when we disagree on some aspect regarding the philosophy of roleplaying, he doesn't immediately threaten to kill off my character or ban me! Oh the horrors and perversion of the natural order of things! I now feel that I can approach him for the first time in my two years of being on this site and that though fills me with loathing and anger. It should not be that way. The admins absolutely must do something about this deplorable behavior!

My next complaint is going to have to be directed to Tiana Calthye. When I first came here, I had almost no contact with her so I had little to report. Then, out of the blue, we had a few conversations via PM and one over Skype and I came to know this psychiatrist's nightmare on a personal level (and have been mentally scarred since). I had initially hoped that Tiana would be a sort of distant, stickler for the rules, but I quickly came to see her insidious true nature. She is far too friendly and far to easy going to be deserving of a mod position on this fine site. In all my dealings with her (and admittedly, few were in the forums she modded), she proved to be very easy to get along with and more than willing to talk even at the expense of sleep. What kind of mod would ever sacrifice a night's sleep prior to working just to talk to some of the members? It just is not done!

Yet another problem mod goes by the name of Blckclone, the fairly new mod of TBAG. As with many of the mods, I initially had great hope for him when he first became mod. I had hoped he would be repressive and extremely controlling of TBAG to help bring its pointless rabble under control. Imagine my surprise when he did the exact opposite and actually became a larger part of the culture there! I must admit that he did show promise in a few topics that he squashed mercilessly, but overall, I was extremely disappointed at how little tyranny he spread.

Like some of the other mods, he is far too friendly with the members. He even went so far as to encourage and help me when I was attempting to start up various games. When I first got his PM's offering help and encouragement, I nearly quit the site out of total revulsion. It was extremely disheartening to see him act so friendly to various members of the site and his generally agreeable nature. He absolutely must be punished accordingly for such intolerable actions!

I would not like to forget King Kheldar vos Correlli, otherwise known as KKvC or even just KvC. His only redeeming quality is that he is fortunately unable to devote significant amounts of time to the site due to his (probably high paying) work, but he more than makes up for it when he is here. Whenever he does appear, he tends to be a solid, well educated and informed contributor to debates and roleplaying discussions. This should never be. Mods are meant to be ignorant, abrasive, and foolish, but KvC is none of those things. As an RP mod, he has proven willing to justify his rulings in detail when questioned, a terrifying trend that will undoubtedly lead to total anarchy. No member of the staff should ever justify themselves when questioned by the members for members are here to serve the whims of the staff.

Another relative newcomer to the mod staff is Piccolo and I have some things to say about him. Right from the start, I knew he would be a no good useless waste of an RP mod. Immediately, he came across as someone very open to the members and willing to try new things. In my dealings with him, he has always proven horrifyingly fair and balanced without even offering a single snide remark or cutting retort. It absolutely petrifies me when I think of someone of this low standard actually being a roleplay mod on such a fine site as this. As mentioned, roleplay mods should be extremely arbitrary, closed to discussion or new ideas, and nothing short of tyrannical in the execution of their job. Unfortunately for this site, Piccolo is none of those things.

Last, but unfortunately not least, is the newcomer Delta73, otherwise known as just Delta. I do not know what possessed the staff to make this pathetic excuse for a human being (if he is even up to Homo Sapien status, something which I question) a temporary mod of the Zombie RP, but it must have been a powerful demon. This man was trouble from well before he was made a temp mod and any member of the Admin team with half a brain would have seen it. He is possibly the most difficult man to get to insult you as he is overly friendly and sickeningly quick to diffuse explosive situations. He is far, far too easy going to be a mod and has so many enemies on this site that it is a wonder his computer hasn't been sabotaged to explode in his face when he hits ctrl+alt+del after receiving a virus that freezes his system. I rarely make such heartfelt requests, but I absolutely must insist that this creature be horrifically punished as an example of all mods who would dare behave as he.

As for Amidala and NavyGal, I must admit that I have had fairly little contact with them. I am sure that if I came to know them and study their behaviors, I would find plenty of reprehensible and intolerable things to complain about. Alas, for now, they have escaped my wrath, but I will have to work on uncovering their truly devious and unworthy characters further.

As a proud member of this site, I must urge all my fellow members to report their grievances against the moderators of this site here so that action can be taken straightway! Upon looking at all these charges together, I must admit that things are worse here than I thought and drastic action is needed to save the quality of this site. Only united can the members of Jedi.net ensure that the staff here are truly the repressive, dictatorial, and cold moderators that this site deserves and needs.

Just in case it wasn't abundantly clear up to this point, this is a piece of satire. Despite the generally sarcastic tones, the "negative" content is in fact genuine as I see things, so that part isn't satire. I know it is a bit long, but of late, I have really been noticing a lot of positive changes around here and felt that recognition was due. I apologize to Amidala and NavyGal for not "complaining" about you too, but I rarely interact with you and have nothing negative to say. I hope that will soon change and I will come to know and interact with you as I have the others on the staff.

Thank you for the kind words, Travis.

I am also quite pleased with the mod team that Brendo, Mael, and I have all picked out and worked on, and it's a sign of the mods that we have that shows the strength and ability of this site.

Proud member of the Jnet's Addict Club since 12/2009

DVaderman3.jpg

We admin best when we admin drunk.

The Life Adventures of Stanley the Plant

I thought I was going to have to start bustin caps in mofo's! Haha I like this Travis... Very tongue in cheek of you. And yeah we all hate Geki and Navygal especially!

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

I'm pretty sure NavyGal smells like vinyl.

At least she doesn't smell of elderberry.

I am glad you guys liked my style. I figure with all the things going on with the Inquisition, the poor mods needed some boosting. Plus, I was lying in bed trying to sleep with my mind racing and came up with this idea. It worked out much better than I planned.

I thought I was going to have to start bustin caps in mofo's! Haha I like this Travis... Very tongue in cheek of you. And yeah we all hate Geki and Navygal especially!

Yeah I started rading the first few lines and was wondering why you'd posted it when you know whats going on in the RP. Well played good sir.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

As for Amidala and NavyGal, I must admit that I have had fairly little contact with them. I am sure that if I came to know them and study their behaviors, I would find plenty of reprehensible and intolerable things to complain about. Alas, for now, they have escaped my wrath, but I will have to work on uncovering their truly devious and unworthy characters further.

Mwah ha ha ha! I have successfully hidden my nefarious nature from the likes of the average Joe, or Travis, on the site! My evil schemes are now coming to completion!!!

And Tiana is just evil defined. Have you read how she tortures her fanfic characters?

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.