Crazy Love (nonfiction, blog-style)

Amidala Skywalker

So this is a blog-type post. I was just thinking about this and the words flowed easily. Since we've been having some blog-like stuff going up, I thought I'd post it. It partially stems from a class I'm taking right now where we're talking about cultural conflict in developing nations, and we were discussing if there was any solution at all to some of the issues arising in a globalized world.

I can't imagine a better life than one dedicated to telling people how much they are loved. I think that's a message that everyone in the world needs to hear so badly, especially with things in the world as they are right now. The world is a really lonely and messed up place. There are women who don't value themselves, abusing their bodies with a lack of food to get ”œpretty”

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Absolutely fantastic. I'm not going to say "wow, I think you could have said this or done that differently" because there's a certain amount of creative and individual preference and experience involved in these ways which we come to know His love, and this post is about your take on that. So, well done, Hallie. Try to be as receptive as possible, and open too, to those moments when He allows us to truly fan ourselves into a flame.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

It's a class about cultural conflict due to globalization. Mostly focused on the huge disparity between the rich and the poor third-world nations. I was astonished to hear that the GDP of the 48 poorest countries equals the combined income of the 3 richest people in the world. That is so messed up.

amipaint2.jpg

It's a class about cultural conflict due to globalization. Mostly focused on the huge disparity between the rich and the poor third-world nations. I was astonished to hear that the GDP of the 48 poorest countries equals the combined income of the 3 richest people in the world. That is so messed up.

It's a disparity, yeah. I don't necessarily think that it's "messed up," until you've looked at the causes at both sides. What makes you say that? I'm just curious.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

Heh, well I'm not a big fan of capitalism, which in my mind essentially is the biggest cause of the wealth disparity. Of course, I say that as I sit in my cozy room on my laptop surrounded by my nice things that I probably wouldn't have without capitalism...

I don't know...it just strikes me as morally irresponsible when I see that half the world's population lives on less than $2/day. There has got to be something that we, especially as the richest countries in the world, can be doing about that. But the problem is that nothing is working right now, and our strategies are failing because of, well, human nature. Corruption in the governments of the countries, the IMF and World Bank requiring policies that only get these countries deeper in debt, and the lack of willingness to sacrifice on our part by paying higher prices, etc.

amipaint2.jpg

• 7 months later...

Of course, when first seeing this title my first thought was of the Francis Chan book by the same name... and what a joy to read it, and discover the same basic message. Bravo, Ami! I love how you used your gift of writing to praise God. I also wonder what it would be like if everyone believed someone loved them that much, but I think that there would still be so many people who prefer to go their own way, unfortunately. That is why we need God to finish redeeming everything in this world, just as Christ was the firstfruits of that. [/off soapbox]

I particularly liked your phrase "Imagine with me," as it reminded me of the Beatle's song "Imagine." That song, as pretty as the music is, has lyrics which are woefully short of any way to get to what they aspire to.

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23