Dark Sun Station

".. Then it is settled."

Her words bit deep into a perpendicular truth, a soldier at a loss for purpose and worth, a man unwound and broken before his people. The tension between the two individuals was personal, but these words were founded on a bit more than distaste, these were validations that the two of them had no choice but to swallow. The broken soldier now sang for absolution, whistling carelessly into the dark; He is but the remnant of a man, laurels of a prince, both maimed and half-blind, disturbingly unsure of what it was he truly asked for.

"You, and those that follow behind, will submit to the full disposition of the Imperial Intelligence department before transition of power is reallocated within our ranks and crucial asset loss is indemnified. The toll will be heavy, but your lives will not be entirely forfeit. You will learn.. to exact your worth, Lieutenant." And perhaps, one day, screwing.

The holotransmitter swept itself from the floor and cut communication. The assigned trooper reached out dutifully, and snatched the device from suspended air, before fastening it to his armored thigh. He bowed, curiously this time, to both Lady Nyrys and naturally the Dark Lord he served, and then reentered his quiet formation. Exodus reached up and shuffled the crimson silk from his face, long lengths of hair that ceremoniously held his facial mystique from plain-view. He sheepishly shelved the locks behind his ear and gazed with the most powerful sheen of color his eyes had ever reflected, judging Nyrys as she stood before him.

"You may yet seat the throne that sat the old Wolf, you may even reshape it to be more than it ever was. Follow me first to our next destination righteous Devil, the ill-intentioned await."

The realignment of the coalition had already begun, and the joint fleets centered their proximity. Star-fighters from the Sith Empire returned to their launch bays, while select squadrons continued reconnaissance for any friend or foe left to the black of space. The command ship reoriented itself, and the direction of the remaining assets to their nearest point of resupply, and would begin their jump when the mark was set.

P3UXctm.gif

Mordecai was well accustomed to dueling with blades. He wasn't surprised she'd seen through his feint, and was prepared for it. What he wasn't accustomed to, though,was dueling an opponent versed in the Force. The blast caught him unawares, and he flew backwards. He remembered the lightsaber though, and barely turned his body out of the way to avoid a severed limb. He didn't avoid the hit though, and he got a deep cut across him back as he tumbled along the ground.

He rolled to his feet, reigniting his lightsaber as he stalked forward. He was angry now, and in pain. His earlier demeanor had shifted and he prowled on towards the dual blades and their wielder.

He could feel the force roil around him, agitated by his emotions. He reached for it, and it dulled his pain. He sprinted forwards, letting out a roar of a battle cry as he swung savagely towards Aleria's face. Then again at her torso, and again at her arms. He forsook defense, in favor of an unrelenting offensive barrage of attacks.

(3)

Edited by Mavanger

mavms.png

Any jovial quip that Delta had for his ex lover died on his lips with the tone from the dark lord, and he simply bowed. He squeezed his eyes shut. 

“As you wish my lord.” 

“Commander, they have cut the transmission. I do not think your response went through.” 

He took a deep breath and nodded then straightened. His bridge crew looked frightened, some looked defiant. The teenage kuati who he had tried to sacrifice to Nyrys stood with wide green eyes the lights on her cybernetic unit blinking away. 

Well there goes the child army and the silliness. He thought wryly as he gestured for his team to join him, all of them circled around and he held up a hand to stifle any outrage at what the Dark Lord may have said. 

“We have a journey ahead of us, one that is unavoidable. I must face this punishment, and You are my most trusted. Direct us to Kuat and any that wish to depart my service can do so there. For now. Let us enjoy our last days together.” 

In an almost somber note, the Black Sun Armada departed into hyperspace. 

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

The Sith fleet, carrying out its orders, makes final checks before departing into hyperspace to repair and rearm. A heaviness hung in the air that Darth Nyrys, like the last deep breath before plunging into a lake, but she could not put her finger on the source of it. What she could put her finger on was how hauntingly magnetic the Dark Lord’s eyes were. There was an intensity to them, as if when his eyes were on you the rest of the galaxy ceased to exist and you were the only thing that mattered. For the first time in her life, she could confidently accept that degree of examination and not feel ashamed or wanting. With the Sith she had found herself in ways that no other path could have shown her. The most powerful man in the galaxy was looking at her, and it thrilled her.

This new smile felt far more like the smile of a man than a monster, and while the whole primal beast thing more than worked for her, this glimpse into another aspect of him felt appealing in its own way. She suffered no misconception that his darkness was just a facade worn by a good or gentle man, he was every bit a killer and a schemer. But the expression suggested complexity and depth to his character, and a willingness to show her at least some degree of that.

“If it pleases you, your majesty, I would like to have further conversations with you. The width and depth of your experience and wisdom appeal to me, and judging by your face you find the wit and passion of my words charming. While I have no interest in holding your heart captive and my heart is too mercurial to ever be bound in one place, I would gladly be your confidante, and if you should desire, avail you of my charms. But if your interest in me extends only to conversation I would ask that you not look at me so intently, I have no armor against such a piercing strike, and am helpless to its efficacy.” 

All of those fantasy novels with proper speech were really paying off when it came to addressing the Emperor. She was resolved in her earlier decision about not fading away, but she had come to the realization that while she wanted a connection with him, she didn’t need a traditional romantic relationship, just like she didn’t need human morality. She was powerful enough to make her own path and to interact with him without being absorbed into his legend.

The stars extended into lines of brilliant light as the Sith fleet made the jump to hyperspace.

NYRYS.png

On 8/24/2019 at 6:29 PM, Tobias Vos said:

Calling through her headset to their little engineering teams private channel, as to not involve any of the soldiers, she reported what she was going to do. “Basically, the shield emitters are fried from the Ion bombardment earlier, and the conduits going TO the emitters are turned off- that was an automatic thing. With the commanders codes I can override them and pour energy into the emitters- venting the energy into space. Or catching something on fire if the ends of the wires are touching something flammable, either way it’ll work.”

Her team acknowledged it and took it a step further- they decided to send an emergency code that the station had been exposed to vacuum near the command decks- and the bulkheads slammed shut to contain the atmosphere. Then, they re-routed the power from the life support and CO2 scrubbers to the shield emitters. It was simple, really, they just ‘boosted’ their shields. 

The bridge crew wouldn’t die immediately, it’d take them at least… 12 minutes to suffocate.  She felt pity for them, but remembered they were part of the organization that enslaved, blackmailed, and just terrorized the galaxy. She could live with herself killing them this way, she decided. That, and she suspected someone would call for help and they could be rescued in the time they had. 

Other members of her crew was working on other things, rerouting power from ventilation and core coolant systems near the reactor to send temperatures into the critical failure range. It was going to get very hot very soon. 

THE DARK SUN STATION 

The Fallout

Chief Engineer Alteki Jrenni sprinted through the hallways, leaping over fallen debris, his lekku twitching madly with anticipation. There had been no response from the command section since they had broadcasted an offline signal. Security holos showed the room littered with corpses. Mostly clawing at locked doors as they suffocated to death in the place they all had begun to call their home. Dark Sun was supposed to be a place to retire, it wasn’t kriffing Dubrillion or the old Black Sun Citadel where you could get bombed every two minutes. And this had been after they had surrendered. Kriff it all. Maybe the propaganda about the Jedi was really true. Then his pink tinged eyes caught something strange. 

The glow panels that hadn’t been taken out by shrapnel were starting glow brighter. In an almost pulsing fashion. 

His boots skidded to a stop on the lush red carpeting. He pulled his datapad and scrolled through it until he gasped. The reactor wasn’t showing any signal at all. He pulled his comm out of his shirt pocket and began to run in another direction towards the reactor level. He was shortly joined by the rest of his reserve IT and engineering team. But he couldn't but not think about his Wife and two children hidden on the living level. They hadn't been killed by the Jedi, so he pulled his comm out and dialed the familiar number as they rounded the corner to feel the heat through the large bulkhead doors. As the dial began to sound he gestured to his team, four women and five men. "Get your protection suits on, we have to douse the core before it goes super critical." 

They were all silent but nodded. Their families were here too, many had children, and Lizza who was tucking her auburn hair into a vacuum suit was just starting to show from the pregnancy that the security chief had given her. The dial connected and before the other end could answer he whispered

“Know I've always loved you, through it all, tell them that Daddy’s done well. Make for the escape pods as soon as you can.” Then he slammed his hand over the dial button and left the call without hearing the voice he knew would make him reconsider this next action.

The bulkhead door ground open and they were hit with a heatwave that nearly drove them all to their knees. Alteki’s mouth filled with saliva that tasted like copper and duraloid mixed into a slurry. He strode against the pulsating wave of heat, shielding his eyes from the red glow of a reactor ticking its way into oblivion. He looked at the control panel for the coolant system and whatever colour was in his face faded away. Controls were remotely disabled and  there was no time. He choked back a curse and turned to his men, most of whom were slumped next to the wall. 

Kriff

The edges of his vision narrowed as he slammed his fist against the controls, his breathing becoming a whine of rage as his throat began to swell and close up. Blood pouring into his body suit from his bleeding gums. As the radiation ate away his cell’s very DNA. 

Within hours the station was silent as the tomb it had become. Those that hadn’t made it to escape pods were decomposing as the station's reactor slowly ate through the durasteel confinement. To eventually breach into open void.

pJzctEZ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mordecai was impressed. The cyborg's limbs were stronger than he anticipated. She stopped the first attack, but the second hit with such force that it knocked the first saber from her hand. While she reeled, the third strike severed on of the prosthetic arms. A kick sent her to the ground, and he stepped forward, standing over her prone form. His victory was short lived, however. He could feel a surge in the force, and when he turned to look, he saw several jedi in retreat right towards him. He didn't have time to finish her off... and he hesitated to do so regardless.

For now, the arm would do. He scooped it up, and pulling on one of the lightsabers with the Force, he moved to retreat. He looked back once he reached the edge of the hanger, fading into the dark, watching as the returning jedi swarmed over their fallen comrade. She'd be up shortly, and they'd be looking. He couldn't fight that many. He ducked into the corridor he entered from. The station shook again and he grimaced. He had to get off the station. 

He stepped into the hanger, rallying the troops behind him and into the shuttle. "We're done here. Time to get back to the Scarab."

The return trip was considerably less hectic than the first. The fighters seemed less preoccupied with transports retreating from the battle than ones joining the fray. Not to mention that the fighters had thinned considerably. The fighting had been fierce so far, and fighters were often the first to go he'd heard. Still, he couldn't help but sigh in relief when they finally landed. That relief was short lived, however, as he realized his position.

He'd failed. Well, technically he'd succeeded, he'd defeated the Jedi, but he didn't finish her. He took a trophy, but he doubted that would matter. Nor did he think that his master would care for technicalities. 

mavms.png