Dark Sun Station

It didn't take empathic abilities to tell that the commander was perturbed with the increased amount of Jedi in his ranks if looks could kill, then Kel would be dead due to the metaphorical daggers that Commander Sanderson was likely imagining piercing his skull. After the commander gave his orders while letting loose his barbs at the Jedi, Kel walked towards the shuttle with Aleria and the rest of the troops. 

5V8Toxy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kel's gaze was fixed upon the lightsaber in his hand. Like many others he was waiting for the moment they would be sent into battle. As a Jedi and a sage of the Baran do he abhorred the thought of killing senselessly. Like the Sith, the dark sun spread chaos and crushed many worlds under their tyranny. To Kel they were practically one and the same. Still, he would be lying to himself if he thought part of him wasn't feeling a tinge of anxiety. He had seen battles before battle before through his master's teachings and even witnessed the fallout of it firsthand on Chandrila. This would be his first time fighting on the frontlines. his thoughts were interrupted when his communicator pinged. he saw that it was a message from master on an encrypted channel. Kel hooked his lightsaber back on his belt loop and went to leave the shuttle while reaching out through the force with his mental presence asking the fellow jedi to follow him. once the two of them left the shuttle, he showed her his communicator and the two of them listened to the briefing in private away from any eavesdroppers.

Kel felt a resonance with Master Adenna as she gave out orders. A lot of her words mirrored his thoughts as well as his beliefs. It was a great reassurance that someone like her was leading the order. He was also surprised to see that master Tobias had joined them. He also wondered for a moment why he heard master Sandy over the transmission as well. wasn't she tending the wounded on the medical frigate? Did she plan on fighting in spite of her recent injuries? If Kel knew her as well as he thought, it was most likely the latter. once transmission ended Kel couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "If I know my master, she'll probably be joining us soon. I did what I could to heal her after the battle with the Mandalorians, but she still hasn't fully recovered yet. she's certainly skilled, but in her current condition, we're gonna have to do most of the leg work. I'll be counting on you Aleria."

Edited by karyu128
human error. wasn't ready to post yet.
5V8Toxy.png

Kel watched Aleria as they listened to master Adenna's transmission. He noticed that a few of her facial expressions were a but strange. part of it seemed normal for human facial expressions, but the other part seemed stiff and almost mechanical. he had suspicions from his earlier probe, but he chose not to pry. His brow noticeably relaxed as he listened to Aleria. it had been a while since he had spoken with Jedi that weren't masters or instructors. He felt that he could speak to her as an equal.

"Thank you Aleria. I understand exactly what you're saying. As a Baran do sage and a Jedi, I'm opposed to senseless violence.  However, I believe that what we're doing here is right. The black sun needs be made an example of. With the galaxy in it's current state, we need to show everyone that groups like them and the sith can't run amok while we're here to do something about it. Although if there is a way that we can avoid needless killing then I will gladly assist you. And I won't give a druk if Sanderson doesn't like it. I'd even help you fly that ship, but my concern for master Sandy's safety is a bigger priority. And I will do what I can to protect you to. We Jedi have to stick together do we not?" he stretched out his left hand for her to grasp in a firm hand shake. "I'll say it once more for good measure. I'll be counting on you Aleria. may the force be with us."

5V8Toxy.png

• 1 month later...

when the shuttle landed in the dark sun station Kel sparked up his his saber pistol's bright green blade and leapt into action alongside his fellow Jedi. as the battle progressed Kel used his saber to deflect incoming blasts while methodically working his way to adequate cover spots and providing supporting fire. since the model 6 he integrated into his saber was more suited for firing stun blasts, he used that function to provide openings for the troops as well incapacitating anyone foolish enough to fire at himself and his jedi comrades.

Eventually the beachhead was secured and we made our way to the entrance of the security level. before opening the door, his master rhetorically asked if they were coming along. 

"As if you even had to ask."

5V8Toxy.png