The Millennium House - NSW GRAPHIC NOVEL - NEW PAGE JUNE!

Tiana Calthye

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops! I forgot to update. >_> I'll give you two pages this time... and some product placement! >.>

20100130.jpg

20100206.jpg

Sorry about that. I was busy working on Delta's award character drawing--which is tricksy because I'm not very good at clone trooper armor. >_>

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 11 months later...

I kind of forgot I was posting this here and found it again while I was looking through the 2010 fics! Here, have some new pages.

Frankly, I'll be honest. I artistically zapped out over 2010. Completely. It had to do with a few relatives dying, my sister being hospitalized, my mother having surgery, a car accident, and my best friend not talking to me for a year. After a year of struggling, I've finally overcome my creative block.

But that's no excuse, I drew these pages in March of 2010.

4d06cc563e185310516bb0195b8eb245.jpg

1b69efff3b91f1231899427972fe2f06.jpg

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Very good! I'm sorry that I didn't post sooner. I'm glad you're back on track , so to speak. Artistically, you continue to impress me, Tiana. I thought the details over the book and papers on the desk, in the close-up, were particularly well done.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

• 3 months later...

Glad the FFA brought this back to my attention! I've really enjoyed reading both BP and now seeing this. Art is such a different medium to tell a story, and I usually don't pull out graphic comics in the library since they seem to be much harder to find, so it's a medium I'm not super familiar with. I like the start of the plot we've gotten here, as bare as it is (mostly intro still!), but mostly - I like the art. I know you're super busy with work and a lot of other things, but I do hope you start posting again!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

Yeah, this one really shouldn't be in the FFA, I feel that it's hardly complete... I'd rather be judged by Between Places. I do have another page, one I roughed out that I don't really like, but just for you guys.

I do very much like the story of this one, I think it's more cohesive than Between Places by far, but the problem is, I don't think the art style is entirely suited to it, where it's more suited to the dreamlike Between Places.

8282b8d0fc437d33d1853440ca33ce3a.jpg

spsig.jpg

Really interesting story here T. I'm intrigued by the first post, especially as we've not seen that character since. It's a very different medium to read then a traditional fic, and one that takes some getting used to.

The artwork is superb though as has been said. I really like the style of it.

I'll keep reading this one if you keep posting it.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Yay!! I'm glad you're updating! I love having a graphic novel up here, it continues to stretch JN as a forum for all sorts of writing (and other artistic ) mediums.

Since the story is still so new and this isn't a huge revelation, I don't have too much to add related to just this page - except that I still really enjoy your artistic style!

Yeah, this one really shouldn't be in the FFA, I feel that it's hardly complete... I'd rather be judged by Between Places.

[rant]Urrrgh! This was the biggest trouble with this year's FFA awards! I mean, the low number of stories made it possible for me to even catch up and vote, as you noted in the FFA thread, but the fact that most of them were barely past a first post, much less a single JN page, made it really hard to judge between stories that had barely introduced characters much less developed a plot![/rant]

Anywho... glad you're going to keep posting here, out of your backlog and then as time permits. I'll definitely continuing to be following BP as well!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23