Taris

ShadowFett took the lead when Leife indicated that he was ready. The Mando'ad wasn't exactly what one would call a friendly extrovert, so it was probably a good idea for Leife to do most of the talking, but for now it would be fine. Fett nodded at the butler who showed them in. He was of course fully clad in his black beskar'gam, but he decided to show the courtesy of at least carrying his assault rifle on his back instead of in his hands, as he typically did.

Presently Moon Knight entered the estate, being shown to a sort of study. The place was classic and a bit quaint, but he imagined it was nostalgic to a certain kind of person. The appearance of a low-tech retreat, Mand'alor knew, was misleading. Turbolasers and advanced security measures lurked just under the surface.

Waiting in the study was a Zabrak. "Mr. Tengu, I presume?" Fett spoke. The ramikad rarely had time for pleasentries. "I'm looking for information on a man named Chris Quarter. What can you tell me about him?"

iTJBZId.png

Following Commissioner Fett through the complex Jazce couldn't help but admire the architecture of the place. Its almost likes its from... Another galaxy. He thought. using his helmet's visual enhancers to inspect his surroundings. Mentally noting down anything he found particularly interesting. It must have cost him a fortune though. From everything we've seen of this guys legit activities he is loaded... But this loaded? He spent more on that wall than the Everready cost post-mod

Some people were definitely extravagant. Some people were definitely security conscious. But their was just too much about this guy that didn't add up. Jazce was almost positive their was something going on here that as a lawman he wouldn't like. He'd spent years as an assassin... And this sort of set-up reeked of the sort of men he'd dealt with both on the credit end and the killing end. Following Fett into the rather ostentatious room that appeared to be used as an office, though with the in your face grandeur of this place it was hard to tell.

As Fett spoke he did a quick visual scan of the room, making sure to check it in multiple spectrum feeds. Finally he returned to a normal visual and looked at the Zabrak. He assumed Mr Tengu. A cold tingle started in his spine and Jazce had to suppress a shiver. Definitely fishy. He thought, having learned to trust his instincts over the years. Though it did appear he might need to do the talking. Fett jumping straight to the punch was exactly what they'd come to do... But if this Tengu was as slippery as Jazce thought him to be, Chris Quarter was someone who's name would ring alarm bells. Especially when Mandalorians and Farmers came to call.

Tengu waited for his guests to get settled. He sat down and looked over his desk.

The Mando introduced himself. The other person on the other hand....He wasn't sure what to think of the man.

"Yes, I am Mr. Tengu." Tengu met the gaze of the Mando. "I will answer your questions. But if you are in my house, I would ask that you hear out a few requests that I have. Please, no helmets in my house. If you are an alien and need filtered air, like the Gnad or Kel'Dor. I understand. And," He looked to the Farmer. "I do not like to be lied to. Tell me who he is, and why you seek this individual."

Wiping away imaginary dust on his desk, Tengu poured himself a refreshment from behind his desk. "Have a seat. I think I can assist you with the individual you are questioning about." A sly smile came across his face as he reached into his desk, and pulled out a datachip.

Chameleon.png

There are worse things than rusty spoons.
No... No there isn't.

ShadowFett thought carefully, wanting to get the information out of Tengu without giving away too much. The Mando'ad was used to beating knowledge out of people, but usually it was a hostile interrogation that he was conducting, not a well-mannered chat like this. Regardless, he had no intent of removing his buy'ce. "The helmet stays on," he said, but he walked over to the offered seat. He had to sit on the end of the chair because of the bulk of his jetpack, but he was used to it.

"I'm Moon Knight and this is my associate, Leife," he answered the question. There were probably a billion men with the last name Leife around the galaxy. Moon Knight was probably a little less common. "Chris Quarter is a member of an organization with which we wish to meet." Mand'alor wasn't yet willing to say much more than that, as he was uncertain of the connection between Tengu and Quarter yet.

Fett once again surveyed the area with the 360-degree vision afforded him by his buy'ce, not moving his head, keeping an eye out for trouble. If this went sour, Tengu could have any number of armed men waiting just out of sight.

iTJBZId.png

Sitting back in his chair he was a little offended that the Mando didn't take off his helmet. But it wouldn't make a catastrophic impact on their talk. He nodded his head at Moon Knight introduced himself.

"Who are you to be requesting this information from me?" He looked at the Mando. Hopefully he didn't break his chair with the combined weight of his armor. The Zabrak moved his hand, swirling the drink in his hand.

"Most people would be, 'Thank you for seeing us on such short notice. Sorry we didn't ask for permission to land in your yard. But we are trying to press for time. My name is...." He opened up his free hand motioning to the two people in front of him. "And we work for..." He shrugged, arms to each side. "We would like your assistance in such and such a matter..."

Truth was...He knew who the Mandolorian was. He knew all too well. He was there the day on the Death Star. He knew what case they were working on. But they needed to learn some manners in dealing with people. He was not looking to harm these Agents. As they were in a round about way- working for him.

"But, the Mando's and Bantha Farmer's are not used to manners I assume."

Chameleon.png

No... No there isn't.

"Rhubarb actually."

Jazce spoke up for the first time since entering the room. He took the other seat offered and moved his rifle around so it wouldn't get caught up in the chair or mark it, it was also now conveniently to his front instead of his rear. Best not to take chances really.

"What you don't believe Stormtroopers work in the fields like any other old joe? I'm a little insulted."

Leaning forward he eyed Tengu even as he tapped a few buttons on the Delight.

"As for Quarter we want to talk to him because we have a mutual friend. I met him on Chandrila, said Chris Quarter was the man to talk to about getting stuff 'hand'led. Most people like to get stuff done and done proper they do it themselves right?"

He shrugged and leaned back in the chair, their was something odd here. Very odd. Watching Tengu carefully he kept switching light spectrums in his helmet. He wasn't sure what he was looking for but a persistent... Almost forceful feeling in the back of his head told him that something wasn't right.

"Then again we aren't most people. Mandalorians are famous, it isn't for their manners... Or patience. Me? I'm very much the former Stormtrooper my helmet and armour suggests I am with all the monikers that bring with it. Manners are definitely not our strong suit. But theirs no need to be hostile about any of this. We work for an organisation that calls itself Core Worlds Security. As for our ships. Taris isn't your yard, we are a little pressed for time and he already told you our names. Now you said you know something about old mate. Please, enlighten us."

This was why ShadowFett didn't like people. Everyone had a chip on his shoulder, some reason to let their hubris lead them to do stupid things. It took a lot of gall to behave the way Tengu was in front of a Mandalorian that was known to have served as a New Republic commando and an ex-stormtrooper. Personally, the Mando'ad wouldn't have given away their affiliation with CoreSec as Leife had, but it wouldn't really hurt anything unless it led Tengu to treat them like thugs, which would probably go wrong for him.

And it was about to. The Zabrak made a clear ploy to split them up, and that rang in Fett's ramikadyc mind as setting up a trap. Tengu started to leave, turning his back to them. "You're right," he said, "in that we're out of our jurisdiction. Thing with being out here is that there's no accountability."

Suddenly his assault rifle was in his hands and trained on Tengu's back. "Freeze," he commanded. He simultaneously relayed a command to 2277 in his ship, the Justice, to be put on high alert. The beskar'ad immediately powered the vessel up and raised the shields, scanning for potential threats from the estate.

"Change your tune," Fett ordered. "Give us the info and everyone gets to walk away." Tengu had made a critical error in showing them the datapad with the information they needed. It meant that the Zabrak's survival was not required for them to obtain the info they needed. It would actually be easier to just gun the shabuir down and take it, but Moon Knight didn't want to cause an incident if one wasn't necessary.

iTJBZId.png

Of course. He turn's his back on his visitors. They point guns at him. Was it too much to ask for NOT to have his guests point guns at him? Guess not. He stood up. The file folder on the table by the pool.

"Your wrong there Moon. You are accountable. CORESEC shows up to the door of a normal-wealthy private citizen and then leaves. Where's the owner? Dead. It wouldn't take much more to connect the two dots, that CORESEC goes out of it's jurisdiction, kills an un-armed citizen in his own home and leaves." Tengu knew his camera's had caught everything in the study. Admitting they were CORESEC, they wanted information. Taris Officials would have no trouble connecting the dots. Plus his servant's were witnesses to the whole thing. Tengu grabbed the file folder off the table and looked through it before closing it and holding it at his side. "We have nothing to discuss anymore. Have a good day. Good luck trying to find Quarter on your own. I have asked nothing more than to be treated with respect, and you come into my home and point a gun at me. Much less behind my back! I thought you mando's had some honor." The Zabrak spat into the filter of the in-ground pool. Tengu then dropped the folder into the pool. Fully intentional.

"Every piece of Chris Quarter was in that file. The parchment will now dissolve and your info will be lost forever. Pity. All I wanted was a little respect." Tengu held his smile, and his amusement in check.

He had no armed guards, and his Pike was in the other room. He could easily fall into the pool and stay there to escape danger. He laughed alittle inside his head. But it was just him and the Mando by the poolside. And the Mando was a walking weapon, even if it wasn't for the rifle.

Chameleon.png

No... No there isn't.

The instant the Justice came online HK tight-beamed a transmission to Jazce moments before bringing the Everready to combat ready. The former Assassin acted instantly upon receipt. His hand flickered and a single muffled stun blast rung out from his pistol, knocking Emman unconscious. Moving swiftly to the butlers side Jazce relieved him of anything and everything of use. Checking the Delight the Agent called up the data from his fly-over and the specs that HK had managed to retrieve before the shut-out he quickly pin-pointed the location he wanted.

Swiftly he restrained the butler and swung him over one shoulder with one hand to keep him steady and the other at the ready with his blaster. Moving swiftly through the estate he quickly found what he was looking for. Using the butler's handy dandy access he opened the door into the Control room, no estate boasting turbolaser turrets wouldn't have one. Stunning the men at the panels there who appeared to be simple technicians he set the butler down and got to work. The first thing he did was isolate the panel. He was sure Fett would keep Tengu from accessing any external controls but if he did his job right.. Which he usually did this room was in control of the estate. Then he moved to take control of comms and deactivate the targeting mechanisms for the big guns, that done he alerted HK to keep careful track of Taris Local. Wouldn't do to have them interfere. With landlines blocked and the estates own comm system in his control.

As an afterthought he pulled out the Delight and thumped a virus into the system. Now whenever anyone tried to access it they would get a message that read,

"I was 501st. Nostaligia isn't my thing though. I prefer efficiency. Donovan on the other hand was on Chandrila and was all too happy to tell me that Quarter was the man I needed. PS Taris Police aren't coming. And your staff are restrained."

Unless of course they had the Delights encoding. Doubtful. A similar virus wiped clean the programming in all comm devices the Delight hadn't connected too within the radius. Their were probably a few confused civilians out there but he could live with that.

"I like manners too. And protecting a murderer is just plain rude."

He muttered to himself as he linked the Estate datanets with several blank chips to begin an upload of anything and everything even as he sent a transmission to Fett,

"I'm in control of this estate Boss. Do what you need too."

"Respect has to be earned," ShadowFett said as Leife efficiently shut down comms and other systems that could ruin their day. Decent ramikad, that Leife, the Mando'ad thought upon seeing him in action. Any man with that much training and that much time spent in service was going to show professionalism as a soldier--it was only a pity that he wasn't a Mandalorian.

"Comms are down, cops aren't coming. I'd rather not kill you, but I'm sure we could find the information even without your cooperation..." It was a bluff, but there were some advantages to having a buy'ce completely hide your face. To his enemies, Fett looked like a completely emotionless hunter, something that his reputation would not refute despite the fact that it was untrue. He had cut through Sith, destroyed entire Black Sun installations, led commando teams through the Imperial Spire and Super-class Star Destroyers, and was now stuck in some tiny estate with a stubborn prisoner. To say that it wasn't one of his toughest challenges would be an understatement.

"Now. Get to the nearest computer and call up your backups of that information and we'll leave without another shot fired."

iTJBZId.png

Tengu smiled. If the two men in front of him knew what that smile was. They would have blasted him right then and there. They disrespected him. Coming onto his property without really asking. Demanding information. Talking to him as if he was a simpleton. The cops were treating him like a prisoner in his own home. The Storm trooper had taken out his entire staff and effectively shut the estate down. He would do no wrong here. He would be the better person. Even if he, himself, was a criminal.

The Zabrak clutched his gut. It was as if he was in pain. He struggled over to the only table there was. Gun's still trained on him. Picking up the single glass on the table, he swilled the last of the sweet nectar. Looking better, but now sweating. It was very odd to see Zabrak's sweat. But Tengu was no ordinary Zabrak. He was something much better. Something much, much more dangerous.

"No. This end's now. My computers do not work if my life signature is not in the room, and will not without a voice, blood, and finger print, from me. So, you need me alive. And cooperating. You both have failed to be accommodative of my requests. Your right, Respect needs to be earned. I did have some respect for you, Moon. But now. I see you are little less than a thug."

The man adjusted his tie, his back still towards the pool.

"But this--" A look of shock came over the Zabrak's face. Clutching his chest, and gasping for air, he fell backwards into the pool. Apparently, a heart attack. The Zabrak fell quickly to the bottom of the pool. Dead? No. Not by a long shot. He was still quite alive. Having planned for people to kill him several times over, and with his most recent exposure, he was more cautious . There was a convenient backup plan, that was recently installed at the bottom of the pool. His massive filter for the pool was at the bottom of the deep end, where he was currently falling down in. Readjusting in the water, he swam like a Selkath down to the hatch. If Moon Knight was fast enough to rush twenty meters in meer seconds and see through the ripples it would be a testament to the Mando's speed.

The filter tunnel was small, only big enough for a man of his stature could fit through. Following would be nigh impossible. Through the filter tunnel, swimming off to the side of the main channel he had access to his basement. His whole operation was fed through here. There was secret tunnels that ran through this empty room, surrounded with doors. Swimming up into the room he found himself in an Air-Pocketed room. He was soaked, obviously. The Zabrak had to act fast. He ran through a door, and up the secret stairs...Sopping wet. The door led to his viewing room, it was opposite his study. Looking through the fake-eyes in a painting above his bird-watching table, he saw his butler in the other room. Writhing in pain. The Trooper was gone. Good. He opened the painting, and climbed down, slowly. Quietly. All of Tengus computer's were synced together. Today was looking up indeed. Although there was a virus on his computer, it had went after one of his ghost drives. It was following a death trap, full of useless information, he would worry about later. Once the linear lines of the data files circled into each other, much like a solar system's gravity pull, the virus would be destroyed. He downloaded his important files, camera's and microphone data onto a small portable hard-drive, which previously held volumes of bird knowledge. Closing the painting silently, he rushed out of the house. The only evidence that he was ever there was a wet floor. Some wet shoes by the computer, and a screen that said "Writing over of Estate Hard-Drives and Ghost-Drives Stage 7: 4:4" It was silent. But it destroyed everything. The only files that CORESEC had accessed were some of his grocery list, and some of his patents on the planet. All the files on Chris Quarter, who was actually real, and a dangerous man. One CORESEC needed to deal with. Maybe one day, they will realize their mistake. Doubtfully. Sorrowfully. Dreadfully.

Inside Tengu's estate the camera's were down, comm's were down, and microphones. Tengu smiled and walked out, briefcase in one hand. With the Hard-Drive inside. He grabbed his "Cane" Which was actually a Force Pike, then stepped outside. Outside he found another Mando (Miridala). The two locked gaze's for a moment. Then he broke into a run, whether or not it followed was of no consequence. Well, a little bit, he had no time to look back. He needed to get out of the property. Sprinting, he made it to the edge of the estate, stopping a passer-by in a land-speeder.

"Help!" The Zabrak screamed at the human. "I've been attacked! CORESEC invaded my home and attacked everyone in the building! Please call the police! I have money!" With a fist-full of credits he threw at the man, the driver had his comm unit out and already dialing. Tengu was safe, maybe. He needed to keep moving. Just in case that other Mando pursued him. The cop's were on their way. But Tengu was already rushing down the street, towards his ship. His ship was only known to him. As he used a fake ID to register it. He was going to get off this world. Leave his estate. His friends. His employees. His identity, behind. As he had done a thousand times before, over the last century. It was time Tengu went on the offence. And CORESEC, specifically these two men, were in his sights. But he was a patient man. He would sit and bide his time as plots interweaved and the Puppet master would be revealed. After all. He was just another piece of the game. But now was not his time to be caught. Not now. He still needed to get the enemy king into a checkmate position. And his king, would need his help in setting it up. This was all planned out, but the plan's needed to be accelerated. Just two or three moves before CORESEC caught up. As he ran through the alley ways to his ship's base. He ripped off his shirt, and wished to play a game of HoloChess. For a second he questioned why he thought of those simultaneously, then it was back to his devious plan. Then it was to spaghetti. Then back to He stopped back around a corner to see if anyone was following him... He needed twelve minutes to himself”¦ Off in the distance, one could hear sirens...

(Hopefully my 3 hours into typing and proof-reading this makes this post...mostly OK. I have no intent on god-modding. You have several options here to follow me (I count 11 right now, without looking back into the post.) and your not forced into a death situation. But you cannot really post actions of another PC, just a refresher. Now have to deal with Taris Police. Still haven't lashed out at either of you yet. Your virus won't obtain my files. )

Chameleon.png

No... No there isn't.

Chameleon, the amount you have accomplished in that single post is a classic example of overreaching. There is simply no way that you would be able to escape, get to your computer, download your files, and make your way to the edge of the estate without the two Coresec agents at least attempting to intervene before you managed it.

Furthermore: your post was somewhat ambiguous about this, but implied that Scubby was with Moon Knight when you dived into the pool. This is not the case; he's in your control room, blocking your comms.

Lastly, the virus installed is blocking access, not stealing your information.

With those things in mind, let's try that again, shall we? Your last post is nulled in its entirety; give it another go.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Tengu smiled. If the two men in front of him knew what that smile was. They would have blasted him right then and there. They disrespected him. Coming onto his property without really asking. Demanding information. Talking to him as if he was a simpleton. The cops were treating him like a prisoner in his own home. The Storm trooper had taken out his entire staff and effectively shut the estate down. He would do no wrong here. He would be the better person. Even if he, himself, was a criminal.

The Zabrak clutched his gut. It was as if he was in pain. He struggled over to the only table there was. Gun's still trained on him. Picking up the single glass on the table, he swilled the last of the sweet nectar. Looking better, but now sweating. It was very odd to see Zabrak's sweat. But Tengu was no ordinary Zabrak. He was something much better. Something much, much more dangerous.

"No. This end's now. My computers do not work if my life signature is not in the room, and will not without a voice, blood, and finger print, from me. So, you need me alive. And cooperating. You both have failed to be accommodative of my requests. Your right, Respect needs to be earned. I did have some respect for you, Moon. But now. I see you are little less than a thug."

The man adjusted his tie, his back still towards the pool.

"But this--" A look of shock came over the Zabrak's face. Clutching his chest, and gasping for air, he fell backwards into the pool. Apparently, a heart attack. The Zabrak fell quickly to the bottom of the pool. Dead? No. Not by a long shot. He was still quite alive. Having planned for people to kill him several times over, and with his most recent exposure, he was more cautious. There was a convenient backup plan, which was recently installed at the bottom of the pool. His massive filter for the pool was at the bottom of the deep end, where he was currently falling down in. Readjusting in the water, he swam like a Selkath down to the hatch. If Moon Knight was fast enough to rush twenty meters in mere seconds and see through the ripples it would be a testament to the Mando's speed. But there was no stopping the Zabrak eleven feet down.

The filter tunnel was small, only big enough for a man of his stature could fit through. Following would be nigh impossible. Through the filter tunnel, swimming off to the side of the main channel he had access to his basement. His whole secret tunnel's operation was fed through here. There were secret tunnels that ran through this empty room, hidden behind doors. Swimming up into the room he found himself in an Air-Pocketed room. He was soaked, obviously. The Zabrak had to act fast. Rushing to a DataPad on the wall and connecting to his computers upstairs. All of Tengus computer's could be synced together, through an intricate system, only known to him. Today was looking up indeed. Although there was a virus on his server, it had settled onto one of his ghost drives. It wasn't seeking information. It was blocking access. Fortunately, the Ghost Drive it landed on was his grocery list and little technical readout of his patents. Bypassing the infected Ghost Drive, He downloaded his important files, camera's and microphone data onto the pad, which previously held volumes of mason knowledge. The only files that CORESEC had blocked access to were some of his grocery list, and some of his patents on the planet. As soon as the files on the estate server were on the Pad, a massive Star-Destroyer file moved into the Estate Server. Obliterating everything on the servers from groceries, to the virus, to his files on Chris. All the files inside this Pad, were protected the same as if they were on his home server. Sealing it inside a protective case, he slung it onto his back in a backpack he hung earlier when this room was built. Now it was time to get out of this place and time for another disguise”¦ He paced back and forth. He had all the time in the world”¦.As the agent's upstairs didn't know secret tunnels existed. Hell, nobody did other than the man inside them now.

(((There, inside.)))

Chameleon.png

No... No there isn't.

Chameleon, please make a post. It's been more than long enough and you told me on AIM yesterday that you've sorted this out. Since I did ask you to change things, there is some leeway, but you have 24 hours. Otherwise, I'm authorizing a 3-Day kill. Scubby and Moon Knight haven't posted in over week now. That is a grueling period of time to have to wait.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

Through act of Gods, these two seemed blessed. Walked into the estate that the Zabrak owned and made their own changes, taking over. The Zabrak walked much like a drone into the computers. Inserted a datachip, and withdrew it promptly.

"Remove the virus, do not harm any of my files, and this is yours." the Chip held all of the data on the Zabrak Chris Quarter

Being a mathmatics man, the Zabrak couldn't understand how a Stormtrooper who could barely speak, let alone walk could upload and cripple his estate. Although, assulting the butler was to be expected. Even if he found his way into a room that was just added onto the estate literally when they showed up. Tengu didn't even know it existed. How odd.

Chameleon.png

No... No there isn't.

At the sound of the Zabraks voice Jazce snorted and unplugged his own datachips. He already had everything on the system anyway if the Zabrak was lying then it wouldn't matter. Chucking the chips into a secure pouch on his kit he signalled Moon Knight that he had everything, then withdrew the virus as a sign of good faith.

This Zabrak took too much for granted. He had some odd idea that somehow being in the right would protect him. Right was just a technicality. One this man, whether he be thinking as an Assassin, a Stormtrooper or an Antarian Ranger would happily ignore to get the job done. He didn't believe in red tape. It only hampered the law.

"Virus is gone. Hand the files to Moon Knight then we'll be on our way Tengu."

Pitching the chip to the mando, it was done. Then with that, Tengu left the building. Grabbing his cane, a force pike, he picked up his suitcase and his DataTablet with all of his files, he sliced his connection to the mainframe, effectivly erasing everything on the estate hard drives. He walked Out, nothing more needed to be said. The house fading into the distance. These two spurred something inside the Zabrak. Tipping his hat down to avoid the sun, he walked down the street. Plans were in the making....

Chameleon.png

No... No there isn't.

Leaving the room he was still in and had been ever since Tengu had seperated them Jazce found Fett. Catching the eye of the other man he shrugged. He didn't know what to make of what just happened either.

"Well that was interesting. I think we should follow up on Tengu. Seems more of a catch then Quarter is... Or was."

He transmitted the data he'd acquired from the system back to HQ and an instantaneous reaction took place. Somewhere in the galaxy a door would be kicked in and Chris Quarter dragged out of his hole and ferreted to Coruscant.. Just so he didn't try to cry jurisdiction. As pointless as that was.

"In an hour or two Quarter won't be an issue anymore I don't think. Recommend we get the hell out of here boss. I got rhubarbs to watch grow and work piling up back at HQ."

ShadowFett confirmed uplink of the information and quickly retransmitted it to his beskar'ad for analysis and storage. He wasn't sure how much to trust it. Tengu seemed like a man too stubborn to suddenly give up everything as soon as a blaster was drawn. Then again, these aristocratic types were generally hu'tuune, and Fett knew that he shouldn't be surprised. He took a brief glance at the data to make sure it wasn't obviously fishy, then turned back to Leife.

"I'd like to have a word with Quarter," the Mando'ad said. "We still have a meeting to attend on Nubia, but it's still a couple days off. Let's get back to Triple Zero." He followed actions with words and headed outside to the Justice. Soon he was aboard, and 2277 was complimenting him on his success inside the estate. Fett had thought it was a little sloppy and didn't necessarily like that Leife had dropped the name CoreSec, but it seemed like it had worked out well enough.

Sitting down at the pilot's seat, Moon Knight lifted his flying tank off the ground, got permission from Taris flight control to depart, and headed for deep space. Minutes later, he was jumping into hyperspace, heading back for the core... and his jurisdiction.

iTJBZId.png

Nodding at Fett's departing form Jazce readied his own kit for departure. Making his way back to the Everready he instructed HK to prep the craft for launch as he made his way to his quarters. Pulling out a rather bulky datapad he started putting all the information he'd obtained through the un-networked system designed to sift out keywords and break codes. As that process went under-way he stripped down out of his armour. Changing back to his civilian garb.

He ran through the situation they'd just faced in his head. He could have handled it better, but Tengu had clearly been aiming to separate and eliminate. His action's with the physical files hadn't helped his situation. Jazce made sure that if he ever ran into Tengu again he'd keep a close eye on the snake. The CoreSec agent was starting to suspect that Tengu was a bigger piece in this than he played himself to be.

Once fully changed he returned to the cockpit. Leaving the datapad to work through the data under HK's ministrations. Gaining clearance to leave... Still as the Rhubarb Jazce lifted off and zoomed off into space. Time to return to HQ it seemed.

• 4 years later...

It's a cold morning on Taris, the kind where a Jedi is thankful to have the Force to strengthen him. Dahar had traveled the galaxy and served the Jedi order for a decade. Events had transpired over the past few years that had led him to his solitude on the planet. Granted, it wasn't a true solitude, people lived around him, but it had been many moons since any contact with another Jedi. There were times when he had thought of returning to the Order. He had never truly left. It wasn't as if he had withdrawn for political reasons. His reasoning was his own.

-----

It had been five years since Dahar had dipped his foot in the pool of the Dark Side. He never had gone all the way in, but a Jedi needed to be committed to the Light. It was a sneaky seduction that had lured him. His own failures were the catalyst. Defeat in battle led him to the search for power instead of inner reflection and improvement. But the quick and easy never comes without cost. Dahar had spent a month being instructed in the dealing of the Dark Side. Not by a Sith, not with intention of betraying the Jedi, but with a thirst for knowledge to know all sides of the Force. And that's what gets you. Wanting more, more than you can handle. He was fortunate enough to realize, one night, that what was happening needed to stop. So he left.

It was here on Taris that the Force had lead the Jedi Master to a healer. An old Jedi known as Mijae. Mijae lived in an isolated section the Taris Ruins, enjoying a humble retirement and meditation on the Living Force. His time was nearing an end, but Dahar's coming had been foretold to him in a vision. The two lived on the outskirt together for three years. Some days they joked and laughed while they broke bread. Other days words were not needed. Mijae was an expert at what he did. He knew that a simple appreciation of the life around us was the start to cleansing. At the end of his life Mijae went in peace, knowing that his work was done, leaving the Jedi with a pure heart and renewed spirit. And one last mission. "The people of this planet will need you for a time. They have been good to me, be good to them."

It had been many years since Dahar had completed his training but Mijae was the closest to a master he had. So he knew that his dying wish must be fulfilled.

Dahar had moved into the city and taken up shop as a pharmacist. Through the use of Force driven charisma he made the right friends and secured the right shipments. His shop was small but served many of the impoverished in the city. He employed a young apprentice who, although not force-sensitive, had an obvious gift with medicine. Together they researched new chemicals. When the plague broke out Dahar was the first to act on it. Even the local government was at a loss, but the Force guided him.

Dahar knew that stopping this horrible epidemic had been what Mijae had meant for him to do. His research saved countless millions.

-----

As the Jedi Master stood that morning, his cloak dripping from the pouring rain, he felt a great disturbance in the Force. Something was happening, somewhere. Something big. It was as if an old wound in the galaxy had been ripped asunder. Dahar was overwhelmed with pain for a brief moment, a body numbing pain, which subsided within a few seconds. But somewhere deep in his being a small ache jabbed at him. It poked and poked, threatening to tear deeper as time went on.

Dahar knew his reprieve was done. It was time come out of the shadows.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

It seemed as though solidarity was a habit of Tobias, no matter what situation he was in. He has spent the last few years in quiet isolation, drifting as a Force Ghost. He searched for everyone that he once knew from Torin, to Quela, to even his long-term rival- Lucifer, then Adenna. Never finding anyone, not even Sooba. To which he surrendered himself to Rhen Var. The ice planet was large enough to get lost in for a long time. Discovering breakthrough’s in his understanding of the Force, it was often hindered by his actually physical presence.

The time in solitude was spent well, he had enough time to calm down and refocus. What had his Grandfather wanted? What about his Grandmother? Tobias resigned himself to his family’s legacy, which wasn’t much. The Vos clan had always walked a fine line between the dark and light. After several months on Rhen Var, he finally had enough power to leave the planet.

Returning to Kiffu he searched for his family, often visiting the graveyards looking for answers. Nothing was to be had. There were things afoot in the universe, but Vos had reserved himself to finding his own path, since he couldn't find his relatives, or anyone.

One day he had the feeling that he was to leave Kiffu. To which he ventured onto a cargo ship. After spending several days in hyperspace, and traveling. He found himself on Taris. Continuing to follow this… feeling? Tobias found himself at the base of a hill. Not sure of what he was looking for, but he could tell it was close.

Things started to, change. Tobias knew he was invisible at this point, but he could feel with wind, taste it even. It was as if he had lungs once again. The sensation brought tears to his eyes. Tears? That was new as well. What was happening? The cold sensation ran down his cheeks. This was most perplexing, it was like nothing he ever experienced. It was beautifully painful. Tobias didn't scream out, he was a little overwhelmed with what was happening. It felt like it was a drawn out process, but when He opened his eyes to look at the sky, the clouds were still in their relative spot.

Blinking, looking down and stretching out his hands, he was astounded to see his hands, arms- everything was back. Feeling his face and the tears, Tobias breathed a sigh. He was meant to come back! Whatever is on the other side of this hill was the reason the Force returned his body. Tobias’s hands went to his hair- nothing but stubble. It had been years and years since he last felt his scalp. Tobias was lucky enough that the Force had wrapped a robe around him, outside of that he had nothing.

Tobias’s mind raced. “I mustn't get caught up in identifying what I have and don’t have.” He thought. The man had spent the last few years shedding and coming to terms with the lack of social interaction and possessions. The sweet air filled his lungs, he was back.

Losing himself in this experience he had forgotten about what he was here for- this calling. Deciding to exercise his new muscles a bit, he climbed to the top of the hill. Looking with his new vantage point, he was what he was looking for. It was a figure- a man. Someone that looked familiar. Flashes came back to him from his exploits years ago, it was the Jedi known as Dahar.

There was a gap in his memory how the left terms, but Tobias had always respected the Jedi- regardless of anything else. This beacon he was supposed to find was the Jedi himself.

“Dahar?” Tobias’s vocal cords squeaked out.

Dahar took a few deep breaths, it helped to calm him as the pain in his chest faded away. But deep in his being he felt an ache, like the chill of wind on bones. He knew it was time to leave. His old friend had been in possession of a ship that he kept docked at the local spaceport, Dahar would use this for his journey. Once out of the planet's orbit he would attempt to reach the order, or what may be left of it.

But as he stood and went over the departure details in his head, he felt a presence. In one sense it was barely familiar, the feel of someone he once knew. But in the other sense it was strong, like a light in the darkness, the beacon of the Force center around a person. A young Kiffar whom Dahar remembered as Tobias. There was a newness to the man, not all too different than the newness Dahar felt in his own being after spending years in cleansing. There was the peace of nothingness about him, although the sound of silence was quickly becoming masked with the haze of being alive.

The Jedi Master stretched out through the Force to pour a wave of calming over the area and the two of them. If Tobias were open to it, he would feel it.

"Tobias... Vos. It's been a long time, hasn't it? Dahar judged that from the strength of what he felt anyone sensitive to the Force might have been aware of the disturbance. He knew, however, that this might not be totally true, the Force revealed what it wanted to.

"Do you feel it to?"

Tobias chuckled for a second. Smiling, he moved his hands through the air, as though to feel the wind. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath in as he contemplated Dahar's question.

"I am afraid you are going to have to be more specific than that, my friend. Do you mean the feelings of having a new physical body for the first time in years... Or the wind against my newly forged skin? Or the vibrations the grass and the wind are creating?" Tobias gazed at his hand in the wind. "The way the Force ripples through everything, bouncing- touching- warping - creating- destroying? To which feeling do you refer? Because I can feel it all."

Snorting with amusement, his hands caressed one another. "I can feel it all..." Tobias repeated, with a sense of peace. Tobias was elated, but calm.

"What do you feel, Dahar?"

The question was innocent enough. Dahar wondered if Tobias was high on spice. Probably not. But there was a definite peace to him, a joy. What did Dahar feel? It was subtle yet definite. Something just wasn't right. It could be compared to a rip in clothing, something that starts as a small hole but over time and use spreads until the item is useless. At the same time though Dahar himself was full of a freshness that he hadn't felt in a long time.

"Yes my friend, all of it. Very true. Would you like to come inside for a drink?"

• 2 months later...

The two entered Dahar's small dwelling and headed towards the dining area. The house was adeaquate for the needs of a Jedi, with a few modest decorations. A holo-painting on the wall, a hand-woven rug one of the villagers had made him. Dahar got out two glasses and poured Tobias and himself a serving of juice. It was sweet, made from a popularly imported fruit the Tarisians favored.

Dahar sat down at the table, motioning with his hand to suggest Tobias do the same. It was up to him.

"For such a wide galaxy sometimes it can be so small." Dahar extended himself with the Force, gently touching his surroundings. He drew in energy from the room as the plants do from the sun. "What's going on Tobias, what brings you here?"

• 2 weeks later...

"It seems I have spent..." He paused, putting his hand up to the window, as if trying to see through his hand. "Years..." His voice continued, softly. "I remember the light, and the darkness of the next realm we walk in. But now I'm here in the- I can't say real, because it is all real. What would be a better label for this? The Chaos, yeah. The Chaos, or the universe as you know it as called me here, I suppose. I did not wish to come back, I found myself back, seconds before you found me. I do not know why it chose here to give me a rebirth. Or was it something of your doing?" Tobias wasn't thinking of his words in terms of offensiveness, otherwise they would have been a little more discrete. The question was meant to linger.

Tobias's voice was soft and sincere, but alarmingly deep. Tobias thanked Dahar for the juice, pausing for a moment. He laughed a little. "Juice, actual juice!" Tobias chuckled for a second. He waited for a moment of silence and sipped the beverage. It was mind blowing. The first time he had tasted anything in years, let alone swallow. His new stomach groaned at the new addition. Tobias welcomed all the new sensations, relearning them. Noises and voices made a constant ringing in his ears, while the bench felt as though his bones were going to break under pressure, his stomach lurched at the beverage, both his lungs burned with the atmosphere. A bit over whelming but newly resurrected was tolerating it.

"What of you, Dahar? I sense the light within you, a shadow in your past, but a Disciple of the Light never-the-less. Why are you...here?" His voice was firm and direct, but not his gaze or general attitude. Vos was relaxed as he had been. It was still out the window, as if expecting something to fall out of the sky.