Taris

"Thank you Tobias." Aurora spoke with a sense of glee at his praise, her own smile encompassing her face. "I dont know if it deserves praise. I only used the Force to grasp and contain the water in such a form to make it easier to transport it."

Aurora chuckled at the thought, but continued listen as he finished his explanation. But when he did, she was left with a puzzled look upon her face, one she was rarely left with. "You speak of light and dark and rainbow aspects of the Force? The Force has sides to it?"

Though Aurora knew of the Rakata and lived in the era of the Masters, her knowledge of the Mother's Breath was little to none outside what Tobias had been teaching her. She only knew of it as the gift of life, nothing more or less. So naturally, Tobias speaking of different aspects was puzzling to her as her thought process could not comprehend the Force being anything but the Force and not have any aspects outside the solemn truth that light and dark existed only in the hearts of men and sentients alike.

Ky4xNb5.png

"Forgive me, my mortal kin, for I knew not what I did."

• 2 weeks later...

"There are Masters that cannot hold that together- and you did so with a natural talent. Some would have tried to hold the liquid together at the base- or manipulated the individual atoms to hold it all together. Its hard to hold liquid together- and plasma is worse than that- but all things are possible with the right mindset and skill with the Force."

Taking a sip to stall a immediate response- Tobias carefully considered how he would formulate his reply. With a second sip of his beverage he let the bottle rest on the table and held his hands palms up with his elbows resting on the table. A white orb appeared in his left hand- and a black orb in his right. Nodding to the white orb he began to explain- "The Jedi Order are servants of the Light Side- they hold themselves to a high moral ground- but do not look down upon those they are entrusted to protect and guide. They try to avoid emotions and instead to rely on the Force to guide them. A Jedi does not seek personal status or power, but will be inserted into such a role if need be. They also do not seek revenge, and dislike slavery. The Dark Side relies on their emotions and seeks control over the Force. They kill, seek revenge, hold slaves, and other terrible atrocities that are too numerous to get into."

Tobias took a deep breath. "Now a days- Jedi allow themselves to feel emotions like Love, sadness, pleasure, so on and so forth. Like how Adenna and I are- she is the reason I turned my back on the Sith. But in between these two extremes are the products of a prism- red, orange, yellow, green, purple and all the colors between." the light between the two orbs shattered into a spectacle of smaller orbs floating around the table. "And there is a following for every interpretation of the Force." 

Slowly, the orbs started to wink out of existence- until a greenish blue orb came to settle in the space between Tobias' now empty hands. "This is the interpretation that I have of the Force- symbolized with colors, of course." He closed his hands, and sighed- he was getting better at the idle illusions through the Force. "Hopefully that fills in some gaps for you, or doesn't confuse you any worse than what you were already." Chuckling, he made a mental note to have his doppleganger try to reach Kota again, and did. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kota tried to shake the feeling that he really had nothing, but he at least needed to report on what he did have to Tobias. 

"It may be nothing... But I can sense very familiar thoughts... feelings almost. Like I know the feelings personally. But sadly, that's about all I can do."

Kota made no attempt to hide the fact that he was disappointed with himself at his own results. But there wasn't much that he really could do at the moment. His training really hadn't taught him how to locate people.

0iyHrmQ.png

Aurora was intrigued by his explaination as she sat there in silence, listening with attentiveness as he described each. These Sith reminded her so much of the Rakata and their Infinite Empire, so it surprised her when he mentioned that he had once been a part of them until Adenna. But the Mother's Breath had always amazed her even before awakening within this new era. It had a way of moving life about in it's current no matter how many times others tried to move against it. Only the Masters held that kind of control. She smiled.

"So these different colors and its followings are all part of the same two extremes?" She questioned after he had finished speaking, her tone inquisitive, yet humbled by a realization. "And even Jedi, followers of the light, fit into different spectrums? Interesting."

Inside her mind, Aurora silently processed his views and the understanding that she was gaining from it, the Force or what she knew as the Mother's Breath covering every individual in their own spectrum or following no matter which of the extremes they chose to follow, much like the many walks of life people chose whether it was for the greater good or for the twisted nature of evil. It made perfect sense to her. But she wondered... what spectrum would represent her in the grand scheme of it all?

Ky4xNb5.png

Kota felt a slight shiver run down his spine unexpectedly at hearing his name spoken. He couldn't really figure out why, but decided that it must have been nothing. So he instead looked back down between his legs at the durasteel he was sitting on with his legs crossed. He reached back out into the Force to see where exactly he felt like these emotions and thoughts echoed from. He then found them. 

"I could be mistaken, but I believe that they are coming from the dock security office..."

It was right then that Kota remembered why the feelings and thoughts felt so familiar to him. He had felt them before he used the Force to kill three dock officers to help him and sister escape. 

0iyHrmQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

"Several. But..."

Tobias sighed, collecting himself all over again. "Unfortunately, we are being called elsewhere, my young padawans." He finished the datapad message he had just received under the frequency between he and Adenna. The PIT Droid walked away right after delivering the message and was going to program a course to the rendezvous point. 

"I'm sorry..." Tobias whispered through the ship- and the hum of the hyperdrive answered back. @Kota Ni would have to wait. @The Architect Aurora would be introduced to a few more Jedi soon enough.

Aurora was left hanging on the discussion when one of the PIT droids walked up and handed Tobias a datapad, her own curiosity peaked by what it said when he handed it back and and spoke.

"Then let's get to it." Aurora spoke cheerfully, unphased by his sense of demeanor, for in her mind, she had yet to grasp fully the art of empathy. Just as she was about to speak again, she felt the flush of momentum as the ship hit hyperspace and her gaze shifted toward their newest destination.

Ky4xNb5.png

• 2 years later...

Zalis stood and looked out over the skyline, which glowed from the setting sun. The office of Czerka that Akor’ketez occupied offered up a perfect view over the incoming ships at the main docks of the Upper City. Her assistant sat at the head of a large table, as a group of shady looking characters all sat around the table, each had a drink and a platter of some sort of food within reach of their arms. One of those seated was talking, addressing some concerns, but otherwise paid absolutely no attention to the Twi’lek at the head. Instead he directed his voice towards Zalis, who stood within the orange and red light of the sun as it was preparing to set on the cityscape. 

“... And if I’m completely honest with you, I’m not sure that Czerka, or Black Sun-whichever group you choose to front this, has anything worth noting of being able to secure a long and fruitful future. What is proposed here doesn’t really provide anything other than replacing the local guild leaders with just hubs that filter back to a main leader running everything. That’s not really realistic. Let the guild run as it's currently operating.” Zalis kept her eyes on the horizon, watching ships come and go, nowhere near as busy as a place like Coruscant or Corellia, but enough to occupy her attention as she looked at each ship. After she watched a few ships come and go and allowed for a very awkward long silence to fill the room, she broke the silence. 

“Local guild leaders siphoned credits out of the overall guild resources. You were all underpaid for contracts. This isn’t news, or shouldn’t be. To assume that I have no knowledge of how this operation runs is absurd, let alone to insinuate that the current setup is profitable to you. No guild leaders means protection fees. No default standard pricing for contracts.” Zalis turned at locked eyes with the speaker of the group of bounty hunters. “So while someone like you Gystur gets a fairly decent contract, others who sit at your side end up with scraps and disproportionate funds.” She now walked forward and leaned into the table, making her voice more stern. “Or is that your goal? You have no wiggle room here to actually compensate your fellow hunters, nor do you have the position to push and maneuver with the Crime Syndicate's heads.” She now stood up and regained her composure. “Since I am one of those heads… I can assure everything that I promised.”

There was some slight murmuring throughout the room. Zalis let it happen and refused to reign them back in. It was her goal to get them talking. Gystur was attempting to set himself up in a position to take the lead of this ragtail group of misfits. He held loyalty with the majority of them, and she knew this and exactly how difficult it would be to get them to agree on this deal. But part of what she offered up, along with some truth of what was actually happening would keep things from spiraling out of control. She picked up her drink as Akor’ketez leaned in to whisper. “Ma’am, speaking of the five, the Pyke’s are unhappy with the recent events at Outer Haven. They’re claiming it was a deliberate move by Black Sun and Crimson Dawn to push competition out. They’ve requested a meeting.” 

Zalis kept her eyes on the table, but within her own mind began to race a bit. If the Pyke’s moved openly, it would draw more attention to the inner workings taking place and could jeopardize the entire phase of operations she had set into motion. Not letting her eyes give anything away, she kept them focused on the center of the table and spoke in a whisper in return. “Have the Hutt’s agreed to this meeting? If that mad Bakkull is willing to travel, you can bet it’s being taken seriously by Crymorah as well…” Akor’ketez offered up a slightly sympathetic look, which he knew she didn’t see. “Unfortunately it does appear to be that outcome.” Letting out a sigh, she set her glass down with a load thud that almost broke the glass. 

“Whatever is going through your heads, know this. The galaxy is on the verge of changing. The winds of change are running high. Clear signs of it are obvious when you see things like the Alliance boldly striking out at Outer Haven, or their strong and surprise move and victory at Korriban. Getting contracts is about to be a hard thing. I’m not asking for anyone to vote on this proposal yet. Instead, take this contract before you know, as a good favor and omen towards the guild. The contract calls for each Hunter to receive ten grand worth of credits for participating. A bonus of three grand will be given if accepted today, along with one free purchase from the Black Sun black market. You have one rotation to accept, and two to get the job done. Good day.”

Zalis turned and gave Akor’ketez a pat on the shoulder, letting him know she was handing everything over to him for the rest of the meeting, and she then began to walk out towards the private landing pad of the Czerka office.

Zalis2.png

• 4 months later...

Akor’ketez sat behind his desk and punched in a few things here and there as he read through the message that Zalis had sent to him. The posting through all of the normal secure channels along with her giving the thumbs up for the Malidris job. Across from him was a holoprojected images of Gystur and Hylliburk, two of the bounty hunters who took the job Zalis offered up them. The job, which paid handsomely, freed up the Bounty Hunter's guild to move more openly again, as the final resistance piece of the Czerka buyout would be eliminated from the job. The Twi'lek brushed his shoulder as he finished transferring some funds from one account to another before looking up to address both men before him. 

"You officially are on the clock. It's expected that you complete your contract within twenty four hours, but I will also say not to complete it in the next two. Other items need to be moved before you can officially take your marks." Both men gave a nod of their heads and then shut off their projectors, leaving behind them a blue skinned Twi'lek named Ejin'crebi, but she had everyone call her Ejin for short. She broke the small silence that followed the ending of the meeting. "I have two hackers currently awaiting the final order... We do have their DITI's and are watching." Ako'ketez gave a nod. "Send word to begin their assignment. Current time table suggests that the linking of the two systems to haze their movements might take longer than expected, and far more expensive. But Zalis feels as if Helvault is big enough to take eyes of the heads of the crime syndicate families." Ejin slowly nodded her own head as she began to type away on her datapad before looking up and giving a thumbs up that the word was sent. "That will be all Ejin. I will send word to lock down all other credit accounts unless its goes through the 7 step unlock process." 

Now it was a wait and see game for the two operations. Only time would tell if Zalis' gamble would be successful. Either way, he was certain that Czerka would survive anything.

Zalis2.png