Threat Level: Midnight (My Screenplay)

Lord Ar-Pharazon

The following quote by Michael Scott from NBC's The Office inspired me to write this. ”œI love babies. I think they are beautiful in all sorts of different ways. I try to pick up and hold a baby every day, if possible, because it nourishes me. It feeds my soul. Babies are drawn to me. And I think it's because they see me as one of them. But...cooler and with my life put together a little bit more. If a baby were President, there would be no taxes. There would be no war. There would be no...government, and...things could get terrible. And actually probably it would be a better screenplay idea then a serious suggestion.”

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

You can elect presidents 4 times in a row????

That was the first thought that popped into my head. Haha.

Chang (nonchalantly): Didn't your mother ever teach you to take out the garbage?

Samuel L. Chang spits on General Boris.

Should have been:

Chang (nonchalantly): Didn't your mother ever teach you to take out the garbage? (spits on General Boris/Mukushluv?!?!)

I've got a feeling Samuel is like a female.

Very James Bond feel to this, with a nice humourous undertone.

Chang: Exceptional. I've been able to get Netflix for months without paying for it.

haha loved that.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

I still remember the particular episode this was based on. I'm definitely amused and I love the "RED ants" line in particular. I'm definitely wanting to see much further you can take this.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Great work, fun to read! My only problem is the formatting. Dartha's right, screen directions should be italicized.

Yeah... uh...

Here's the deal with that. I'm going to print this out and e-mail this to friends, and I didn't want to have to write in the / stuff, because that will look weird on those versions, so this was just the easier way to do it.

Is it really a dealbreaker? I suppose I can change it, if need be, but that doesn't really affect the screenplay itself. I suppose I could change it, but honestly, I don't think it's a big deal.

apeditname.jpg

Eh actually i dont mind that, my problem was that there an not be 2 consecutive actions/speech by the same person broken apart.

Like:

LAP: (whispers softly) I like hot dogs.

LAP: (Yelling) DOn't you?

It should be

LAP: (whispers softly) I like hot dogs. (Yelling) Don't you?

Italics are fine to leave out as long as you put brackets.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

ACTUALLY, to format screenplays, it should've been like so:

INT: DERELICT SOVIET BUILDING IN THE MIDDLE OF SIBERIA - DAY

SAMUEL L. CHANG, a SPECIAL AGENT for the executive branch of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT sits, bound to a wooden chair, as soldiers loyal to a secretly communist general stand guard. The COMMUNIST GENERAL, BORIS MUKUSHLUV enters the room and prepares for an interrogation.

GENERAL MUCKUSHLUV

Well, if it isn’t more trash from the West. My spies have been tracking you for months, Samuel L. Chang. It’s about time you turned up.

CHANG

(nonchalantly)

Didn’t your mother ever teach you to take out the garbage?

Samuel L. Chang spits on General Boris.

But let's not be finicky here. Movie formatting is different than theatre formatting which is different than for-television formatting which is different than for-radio formatting. Does it matter? Not at all. This is not for publication, stage, theatre, video or TV. This is for reading on the internet. It was readable regardless of proper italics or not. If we're going to be nitpicky, he needed indenting for various things too.

Italics are not a big deal, don't worry about it.

I enjoyed the cheesy drama and...

Chang: Exceptional. I’ve been able to get Netflix for months without paying for it.

Scarn: Excellent. Get hacking.

That made me laugh.

So, you know, the writing paid up and was a fun read. It was funny in places and dramatic in others.

But, uh, the new fanfic rules state you have to put a rating on the top of the story. Could you edit that in?

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 2 years later...

A script worthy of the original. Could totally envision this as another episode in the Scarn franchise. You had the style down perfectly, and two years early.

Well done, man.

Secret Agent Michael Scarn(while stepping out of the shadows in a finely tailored suit): Well then”¦ Thank God for checks and balances.

Loved that intro.

couldntbeseen.png

A script worthy of the original. Could totally envision this as another episode in the Scarn franchise. You had the style down perfectly, and two years early.

Well done, man.

Secret Agent Michael Scarn(while stepping out of the shadows in a finely tailored suit): Well then”¦ Thank God for checks and balances.

Loved that intro.

Thanks man. Yeah, after the episode tonight, I'm even happier with this work. Is it safe to call it prophetic?

I forgot about that checks and balances line. I just laughed at it because I could totally have seen Michael saying that in tonight's episode.

apeditname.jpg