Oldies but Goodies (That Which Time Destroys)

Amidala Skywalker

Alright peoples!! We've talked about having a thread where we could bi-weekly highlight some old fics. I'll post their titles here and the link, and you can go read them!

Since we'll have two per month, I was thinking I'll do one that's an old FFA winner, and one that is a "see how this author that you all know has improved since his/her first fics on the site".

The first one up belongs in the latter category. Presenting The Statrix by Tiana!

http://jedirp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17787

I will also up the thread if it's not archived yet, so you can post your reactions in the thread itself. If it is archived (which I think most will be), you can post your reactions in this thread.

Enjoy!

Edited by Guest

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

WHY DID YOU BUMP THIS?!

This was basically the one I was dreading EVER being bumped. WAAHHHHHH. I HATE THIS FIC SO MUCH.

If you want anything unarchived, I can unarchive it.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright! New fic time!

The new fic is the winner of FIVE FanFic Awards. Ethro Brealis' Haunting Choices won Best Star Wars Fic, Best Action, Best AU, Best Leading Character (Anakin), and Star Wars Character Closest to the Official Character (Anaking) in 2006.

Everyone enjoy this fic!

(Hey T, can we sticky this thread? Thanks...)

amipaint2.jpg

I keep on going I PLAN TO. It's so long! I need more time/plus all these fanfics I want to read printed in paperback form, that'd help... I'll try. Maybe. After I update WTEO. Which I was planning to on Saturday, I'll try to today if the headache goes away, headache bad means can't stare at screen too long. XP

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I dunno, T. I'd accept a critique of To Find His Place instead of reading Haunting Choices. But I understand you're busy and might not have time to do either. *shrug*

*sics the guiltmonkeys on Tiana*

ttfsig14zh2.jpg

"According to this website, you should never trust the source of an online quote." --Abraham Lincoln

I dunno, T. I'd accept a critique of To Find His Place instead of reading Haunting Choices. But I understand you're busy and might not have time to do either. *shrug*

*sics the guiltmonkeys on Tiana*

Guilt monkeys aren't funny because I'm suspeptable to guilt tripping which means I do five times more things than I should, most of which I don't want to do, and I'm not going to be able to use the computer within a year if I keep at all this digital guilt tripped stuff.

I do plan to read Haunting Choices and I will critique To Find His Place when I read it, and I seem to recall that I did leave critiques on the last chapters. Sometimes I just can't come up with a lot because I didn't see many problems on reading through, you know, it's not that I'm not wanting to critique it.

spsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright! Time for a new one here....

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, you can all go laugh at me now. Here it is, my very first fic I ever posted on this forum, and the first full-length fanfic I ever wrote. This one is co-written with handofthrawn....

Yes, that's right...JEDI SECRET!

*beams of light*

See it in all it's wonderous cheesiness!!

I am soooooo glad I've improved....

amipaint2.jpg

I admit, the plot had merit. I still actually like the plot idea as far as an AU fic is concerned. That's the reason I've considered rewriting it...but that won't happen unless I found myself stranded on a desert island with only my laptop and an internet connection...

amipaint2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New old one!

Okay, this one is reeeeeeaaaalllly old; it's eight years old. Written by Gimpy, this one is called To Live As Strangers. I just read it, and I thought it would be a good one to put up in this thread.

http://jedirp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7365&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Be forewarned...touchy-feely alert!

You know, no one writes touchy-feely stuff for this site anymore...hmmm....curious....

amipaint2.jpg

I have some touchy feely stuff that would make you cringe at the sugary sweetiness of it's mush. Bleh. I don't like those type of stories, but I write them well.

Hee. I just don't like mush much. The only mush I liked was the MEAN mush... angst... horrible angst mush... I loved that. MWHAHAA. I've never tried to write sweet stories. I just can't take it.

Hrm.

On this 'first story' note... yes, we should all post our first stories (or an exerpt if it's long). I have mine, too, my first fanfic. Ahahahaow.

spsig.jpg

I may get on my laptop and post a mushy one that I don't intend on ever using towards a novel. We'll see, I'm telling you I'm a 15 yr old love sick girl trapped in a bitter 25 yr olds body!

Time for a new featured fic!

Presenting, in all of it's FF glory, is a humorous little fic that has become a Jnet legend in it's own right...

DARTH VADER'S DEODORANT!

http://jedirp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15088

By our very own dearly-beloved and much-missed Darthe Viperseythe!

Enjoy a laugh, all!

amipaint2.jpg