Thyferra

King Kheldar vos Correlli

He was startled awake by the beeping of the sensor panel informing him that the ship he was waiting for had taken off and either hadn't seen him, or had ignored him, on it's way out and that it had jumped into hyperspace. He frowned with disappointment, not sure what to do next. He'd been banking on being able to make contact with someone. He noticed that the ships computer had intercepted some communique's, but that they were encrypted and this ship wasn't sent up to break into them.

His passengers were still now conscious, but according to all the readouts that he could understand, they were doing ok, so he didn't need to worry himself about them too much at this point.

Why am I so concerned with them? he wondered idly. I don't recognise them at all, even if the little insignia on their uniforms look vaguely familiar

He stood upright suddenly as he realised that that was a new memory. He hadn't recognised the logos when they'd arrived, or at any point since, so it must be a new memory. He didn't know what they meant, but he knew he should know, and that was an important step. He tried to stop and think about things logically. He decided that because they'd not tried to shoot him straight away when they found him, that they were more likely to be friends than enemies, but they weren't definitely friends.

Slumping back in the pilots chair, he rested his chin in his chest and closed his eyes in empty thought. After some time, he decided to look in the navicomputer's directory, and see what was close, and see if any of the names look familiar. Scrolling through the nearby systems, he suddenly felt a low level buzzing pressure in his head. As he continued looking through the names, the buzzing continued to grow in intensity, until he flopped in the seat, his body pulsing in waves of spasms, as his mouth in a wordless scream of pain that continued until he blacked out.

"Unnnngh, my head." Opening his eyes, he realised he'd passed out only half sitting in the chair, and that his back and neck were now very stiff from having been in such odd contortions for so long.

"What happened?" he muttered to himself as he slowly extricated himself from his position on the chair and floor, standing slowly, and stretching to work out the kinks. Sitting back down slowly, he saw that the star charts were still open, and looked to find out what he'd been looking at.

Tatooine.

He recognised the name, and could remember a little bit about the planet, mostly impressions, instead of facts. He remember feeling hot and weary, and a significant amount of comfort.

"That doesn't make sense. I felt hot and weary, and comfortable?" He sat back in the chair to think about it some more.

Unable to recall anything else, even after having eaten something he decided to call breakfast, he sat up and set course for Tatooine, hesitantly sending the ship into hyperspace for the short trip there.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

• 3 years later...

The shuttle Great Concordia emerged from hyperspace over the planet Thyferra. Hailing as an envoy from the Black Sun he requested a landing and meeting with the heads of the Xucphra and Zaltin Corporations. Nath Corun brought with him business statements and contracts to assist him as well as other negotiators. The Black Sun had intentions on this planet, but for now they would not risk the planet with violence.

ARCHIVIST.png.4c2d8535c75133ba31cd6ffea254fdff.png

Guarding the Eternal Vigilance Since 2019

• 4 weeks later...

Bitter embers stung his tongue as he took a long drag but he did not feel the pain. All he felt was rage and a sharpening focus. It tasted like the root of the Conderfasx, which was far from pleasent and he swallowed back a reflex to vomit that crawled up his powerful throat. The ceramic refresher squealed in protest as his clawed hands gripped the curved surface. All he wanted now was a throat to crush, or a good lay. Or perhaps both.

Cadwallon spat the ashlike remains of the spice-vial into the sink, letting it dissolve in the flow of recycled water, each drop removing the evidence of addiction. He shuddered and brushed the fur on his chin with a shaking paw. The ebony and crimson fur was coarse and in need of washing, but he had little time since joining Black Sun to bathe.

The decking of the Great Concordia felt like ice on his padded feet and it caused the hairs on his back to stand on end, giving him an even more disheveled appearance. The Wookiee eased himself into the seat beside Nath, his large frame dwarfing the frame of the cockpit. His beady eyes glanced about, the last place he wanted to be while high was confined. He crooned a complaint

<

seObP6e.png

“Well you furry sack of shit, you can see the kriffing planet in front of yer damned paws so yeah we will be there soon.” Nath shook his pristine blonde head and activated the comm interface, keying it for the Tyferrian ground based station Echo, which was their closest rotational dockyard on surface in the midst of the capital city of Xozhixi.

“Thyferrian space command, this is Black Sun lead agent Nath Corun, requesting docking clearance and a meeting with the leaders of both Xucphra and the Zaltin Corporation, for discussions of a business nature.”

Though the empire had taken the planet from Black Sun a decade before, there were still loyalties in the companies to the black sun.

• 2 weeks later...

Zalis carefully looked out at the planet from her ship, The Supremacy and gave a slow head nod. As she piloted towards the capital city of Xozhixi, she opened her comm to begin conversations.

"This is Zalis Krales, I am here to toss some credits around and talk about lines of communication."

Zalis2.png

• 3 weeks later...

The hulking beast glared lightsabers at the much smaller man beside him. His own rage was seething barely contained by his rippling muscles. He wished he could tear something asunder, and he needed to as soon as possible. He could feel the spice coursing in his veins, triggering a cascading response of catecholamines which only made his rage worse. The seat’s arm rests squealed as he gripped them with his strength.

<>

His mind turned to imagining the devastation of the bacta crop, an orgy of violence worthy of his former master Smash. His bestial chuckle was cut off by the shrilly feminine voice of Zalis that came bubbling up like bog-water over the comlink. He gritted his teeth through her bragging and toggled a response

<>

seObP6e.png

Zalis lifted her right eyebrow upon hearing a voice that sounded like a rage filled Wookiee. Although the beast anger was very evident through the comlink, there was a lot of truth spoken. Yes, much like every planet and cooperation, there is always a price. Quickly, she responded back.

"Clearance has been given. We are to meet with Xucphra and the Zaltin Corporation within two hours at the Ashern Dining Hall in Xozhixi. I want for you both to be on your best behavior. I want the companies to sell to us. Also remember, it's very humid and hot on the surface."

Zalis didn't give a chance for a response, as she cut the transmission and followed the coordinates given to her that allowed for her to land in the main city's spaceport. As she landed, she took her time to get ready for the dinner meeting within her own ship choosing an outfit that she knew would be provocative enough to engage a response from any species. Of course, her colors on her slim fitting dress-like outfit always held white, black, and red. After an hour passed by of her putting on her outfit and makeup on, she left her ship. Her dress did of course allow for her to conceal her weapons, as did all of her outfits. It was a natural requirement for her. The ability to look seductive enough to attract all, yet deadly enough for her to make a quick kill if needed.

She made her way to the Ashern Dining Hall and checked in for her, her two agents, and the hosts, Xucphra and the Zaltin Corporation. This would be an evening that she could not afford to have pass by without her sealing the deal.

Zalis2.png

Nath carried with him a metal datapad, with financial information scrolling across the green backlit screen. He and the other black sun agents had been given the clearance to promise infrastructure building, defenses, even dedicated fleet assets to this relatively unprotected world. He walked beside his wookiee compatriot into the Ashern Dining Hall and bowed to Zalis and the Xucphra and the Zaltin Corporation hosts. Both dangerous looking men.

He sat and placed the datapad on the table and crossed his legs, reaching up to scratch the stubble on his chin. “Then let us begin gentlemen and ladies.”

• 3 weeks later...

Zalis smiled and allowed for the small talk to begin, as was customary during such events as this one. It was filled with some playful banter, talk of recent politics, and the occasional push of their own favoritism of the warring factions. Zalis cared not for a single ounce of it, but she knew that in order to buy such strong companies, she would need to play along. After the talk continued for a while through some appetizers and the main course, dessert had arrived--to which she knew all too well, it was the time to make a push. Sweets and a seductive female always put men into positions of weakness. It was her way of making kills both literally and figuratively. Today would be no different.

"Gentleman, I think that now is a good time to talk about price. I know that you have had offers to buy you out in the past, and some of them were very well tempting. But I have some research to help back my proposal, along with terms that you will find with no other offer."

Zalis amde a simple maneuver to with her right hand as she played with her hair. It slowly let the back of her dress down just a bit, only enough to show some cleavage and imply what she wanted to imply, which is that she was at their disposal.

"From one of my companies that I own, HealthiDrive, we have come into funds that should allow for us to be able to do some research on synthetic growth, doubling out the product of bacta. We have already tested this system on a few other items, very similar to Bacta, and the results are promising indeed. I can make a promise that with allowing us to buy your companies gentleman, the bacta that you worked so hard make and build your companies from the ground up will see a 65% increase in revenue-25% at the minimum. On top of that, along with two other offers you had received in the past two years, I will match them. 965,000 credits for the overall purchase, along with a chance to have buyout years added of 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 percent of the revenue still headed your way after each selling year. I will also allow for you to remain apart of the company as site directors earning a pay of 65,000 credits a year."

Zalis now made sure to lean back, letting her dress drop just a little bit more. She needed these powerful men to want her enough to sell to her.

((Diplomatic Invasion Shot Request))

Zalis2.png

“On top of this generous stipend, you will have the assets of the Black Sun at your beck and call. And the installation of generous defenses to defend this planet. Even up to a golan three and a turbolaser defense gun.”

Nath slid the starmap across the table towards the men on the other side which detailed an extensive defensive plan as well as expansive shipping networks. The men would know the Black Sun’s capacity well, it was only a it more than a decade before that the planet itself had been under the Black Sun’s control. It would only benefit all involved to have that arrangement again. The Black Sun were here to help bolster this business, not leave it in shambles like the Empire had. If he was lucky, there would still be some at the company that remembered the good days. When credits and bacta flowed like Muja Juice at a jawa funeral.

((Assist))

• 2 weeks later...

The towering Wookiee watched as his boss began to flirt her way towards political domination of the planet, a tactic he hadn’t seen since Delta had won a prison world in a game of strip-pazzak. He placed another mouthfull of muja-pudding into his mouth, doing his best to not appear to be coming off another spice bender. He really wanted to kill something, but now was the time for diplomacy, not death screams. Those would come later. The Wookiee placed a few datapoints out on the table beside the others

<>

((Assist))

seObP6e.png

Diplomatic Invasion Shot: Zalis Krales / Nath Corun / Madclaw Cadwallon vs. Thyferra

A team of Black Sun operatives has arrived on Thyferra, with the objective to subvert the Bacta Cartel (which more or less runs the planet) into allying with Black Sun. They make a number of sensible offers, including the promise of a golden parachute, an increased market share, and physical seduction, to coax the leaders of the Bacta Cartel into throwing in their lot with the criminal organization.

These are sensible tactics for subverting the leadership of a corporatocracy, but little preparation was made upon arriving at the planet. One could imagine various underhanded tactics that could be employed in this situation to sway the result, all of which are within Black Sun’s capabilities and certainly within its moral code. The promise of military protection was a good touch, considering that the Bacta Cartel is something of a pushover in military terms.

However, it is difficult to overestimate how politically powerful and wealthy the Bacta Cartel really is. Bacta is the solitary miracle drug in the GFFA. Profiteering from the many wars after the decline of kolto has made the Bacta Cartel astonishingly wealthy, and presumably this would be reflected in the bank accounts of the leadership of its membership. The status of bacta as The Miracle Drug, capable of Frankensteinian feats of medicine, made Thyferra quite politically powerful, to the point that most governments would think carefully before taking any course of action that might irk the Thyferrans. This is a very valuable and nearly unique status in the GFFA, one that the Thyferrans might be reluctant to shed.

Zalis Krales / Nath Corun / Madclaw Cadwallon vs. Thyferra : Diplomatic Invasion Shot Fails

A few members of the Board vote in favor (either out of ambition, greed, being in a somewhat less dominant position compared to their peers, or distracted by Zalis Krales), but they are overruled by the majority. This has not been a hostile meeting, however, and the Black Sun operatives are free to stay or leave as they wish.

drayyy.png

Zalis was feeling rather upset with how the outcome turned out, as such a large scale offer would not come their way again. She truly wanted and needed this planet to align with her so that she could control some out the more of the other sources of the free market. But it would seem like she would not get her wish today. She turned towards both Nath Corun and Madclaw Cadwallon.

"This trip has proven to be very disappointing. I want for you both to report in to Delta and let him know that I am letting him have his chance at the planet now. Otherwise, I have a need for something blown up on another planet if either of you are interested. If not, do what makes you happy or brings us more credits. I'm heading to Ord Mantell. I have much needed and overdue work that needs to be done there."

Zalis handed Nath a data pad that held information on what she wanted to go boom and then she turned around and headed back to her ship. There was a lot of things that she needed to get done on Ord Mantell, and with the rest of Black Sun adding the Sith, she would need to do these things herself. She boarded he Supremacy, got dressed back into her normal working clothes and then took off.

Zalis2.png

• 4 months later...

The Blind Bouncer jumped into the Polith system, and coasted smoothely towards the surface of Thyferra. The ship itself took its time arriving, as the two occupants on board were busy finalizing their last minute preparations and frantically getting their costumes in order. Well, costume singular.

"Blast it, E-3!" Qi'Nali yelled from her closet, a number of both very expensive and debonaire items of clothing flying from it into the room beyond. "E-3 where is my uniform!?"

"Mistress Hest, have you checked the uniform compartment inside of your closet?" The Bouncer's intercom system asked in response, the droid manning it being far too busy himself to relay the message in person. He was a Miralukan assistant droid, the first of his particular kind, and refined to great extents by the ISB, not some protocol droid to be used for holonet searches! Yet there he was, using almost all of his processing power to make queeries through several secure connections to obscure people-watchers on Thyferra, free-access checkpoints and monitoring systems, coordinating with the Thyferran space port they were to be docking at soon, and running a few hundred calculations for their odds of success given a few prior existing conditions and terms.

If he wasn't obligated to serve the Mistress then he would have just stayed with that weird Duro back on Raxus Prime, the one with the fetish for floating droids.

"Yes, I have looked in the flooping uniform compartment! I'm blind, not stupid!"

The droid mentally... er, pseudo-mentally sighed. He should have expected this. Their meeting with the Black Sun had gone far too well, and now look at the state they were in. EY-3s reluctantly closed down one of his queeries and scanned the ship for rogue uniforms. There were several scattered around the dining hall and sauna, but he somehow doubted that Mistress was looking for a Head Janitor's smock or... what ever that one was. No, she was probably looking for The Uniform. The only one that was actually important, to the both of them.

"Ah, wait! I found it, nevermind. Thanks E-3."

Blast.

Qi'Nali pulled the uniform out of its case, not bothering to wonder why it was under her bed. She deftly slid the tailored fabric over her person and fell seamlessly into her rhythm. Underclothes, clean and freshly pressed. Slacks, well maintained and optimized for comfort, utility, and professionalism. Compact protective vest, easily concealed under other clothing and a little bit of extra insurance in case things go sideways. It wouldn't help much against a good blaster, but a knife blade between the ribs? That was a much different story. One that she had lived through before, personally. The shirt and jacket came next, then a pair of jackboots, gloves, a utility bracer for the left arm, and finally, the prodigal medals.

There weren't many that didn't recognize the significance of an ISB uniform, much less one from the internal affairs branch. Especially not when they had met the person wearing it before, on a few separate occasions. That would be the angle that Qi'Nali played on the surface, hopefully with the help of her newest temporary employers. She would be able to do her thing without them, but it was always nice to increase the odds of success just a little bit more.

"EY-3s, how are our preparations?" Qu'ora Nakamura asked as she grabbed her belt and S-5, then made her way to the bridge of the Bouncer. They were close enough to landing now that she could slip into her role, discarding her identity as Qi'Nali Hest and embracing the most 'difficult' of her personas.

"Mistress Nakamura," EY verbally acknowledged the change in his charge, "we are en-route to Xucphra city's public docking bays on the planet's surface. I have reviewed available data and determined that our contact no longer works for Xucphra Corporation, following the discovery of his romantic involvement with a certain group of non-human locals working for a competitor. He does, however, have a cousin currently employed as part of the on-site sanitation crew."

"Excellent work EY-3s. Are the two close enough for a smash and grab?"

"Our former contact and his cousin appear to be on moderately close terms, Mistress. A cursory search indicates that they still speak frequently, and both attend the same cantina on days they have off. Would you like me to prepare a guest room?"

"No. Clean out the sauna. We'll let him sweat while we wait for our associates to arrive. Make sure my makeup kit is on site as well, I'd rather not waste my time making him look like Bantha fodder the hard way."

"Understood, Mistress. Are there any further preparations to be made?"

"Mmh. Make sure you're ready for a few high density information transfers, and plot a jigsaw for Coruscant. I have a feeling that we're going to be running out of here hot, with some apologies to make to old friends. I'll make sure our associates get updated on the plan."

Preparations mostly complete, Qu'ora made her way to the comms station to set things in motion. Her contact on the surface had to be activated, and he wasn't going to be happy about it. A message had to be sent off to Nath as well, so that he wouldn't bring his people blundering in to disrupt their operation. He had said that he was bringing along a new agent, after all. She knew how that sort of thing went.

A heavily encrypted message in code pinged Nath about half an hour after its conception, bounced off of so many different signals that by the time it could be sourced the message itself would have expired.

Mister Corun,

Upon your arrival to Thyferra please make your way to the attached co-ordinates and inquire after one Miss Nakamura. Please refrain from potentially disruptive or attention-drawing activity for the time being, a course of action beneficial to all parties will be explained and details will be offered on-site.

We await patiently for your arrival,

Hest

• 3 weeks later...

Nath followed the directions, pushing the two girls, Celora and the HRD before him, while he carried the large bags of weapons through the streets until they arrived at the coordinates. He sat the large black bags down and inquired after Miss Nakamura. His face carried a wistful smile and he looked like the two girl's father. His fatherly demeanor carefully covering the excellent fighting abilities that hid right below the surface/

Their disguises as interstellar travelers had held up so far. Perhaps it would for the rest of their journey.

• 3 weeks later...

Shortly after receiving word of an inquiry, EY-3s floated down a hall and into the lobby of their chosen rendezvous point, an apartment complex. He quickly scanned the faces present and drifted along towards Nath and Co. "The Mistress sends her greetings, and wishes me to guide you to her current residence. She extends an apology for not being here in person, as she is busy arranging a few last minute preparations."

The helper droid, devoid of its aged ground-based chassis and simply relying on its repulsors, promptly turned and began liesurely propelling itself back the way it came, towards a set of elevators. "The Mistress has relevant contacts in the area from prior employment, and has already begun creating an opportunity for infiltration into Xucphra Corporation." He immediately stated once they were out of range of the locals. "Please, do not mind the mess."

Meanwhile, in the apartment they were moving towards, Quora had just finished nosing a few shards of shattered lamp around on the floor with one of her boots. The room was a train wreck by this point, and she was more or less satisfied with her work. Setting up crime scenes for violent assaults was always fun to do, given that she could well and truly see everything and how one part of the mess would corroberate the story of another. Going through real crime scenes was always a mess, and she didn't particularly like digging into them, but all those years of investigating really did come in handy sometimes.

"Now, Jel'an Kuy. Some of my associates will be arriving shortly, and I expect you to be on your best behavior for them. Understand? Do not mistake my patience for tolerance. I'm sure you haven't forgotten the last time."

The former agent tousled the hair of an already disheveled and quite bewildered looking man. It was all part of the act of course. He wasn't actually in particularly bad shape at all, just heavily drunk and highly suggestible. Nakamura found that it was close enough to replicate a head injury if done right, which usually made people more compliant with her when she was staging a hostage situation. It was better than making a real head injury anyways, as hitting someone in the head hard enough had the potential to really do more harm than good regardless of whether you needed them for future operations or not.

A brief communication from EY-3s told her that her associates would be on site shortly so she straightened her uniform, unlocked the door, and took a seat on an unoccupied stool that would have to be overturned and thrown at a wall somewhere once they left for Xucpha HQ.