A Series of Unconnected One-Shots. (Star Wars) Updated!!

Darth KenObi-Wan

I thought I'd try posting a story here, even though I know not to expect a great response. I readily accept constructive criticism, and as you will probably see down further, I need it.

This first one is a Siriwan/Obidala. Siri's reaction to Obidala. Rated... PG-13 for character death.

Jealousy

The Holonet reporters were going crazy. There was a scandal. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi had resigned. Not because he was dissatisfied or he was disillusioned. He left for her.

A lone Jedi Knight glared at the view screen in front of her. Why had he done this? ”˜Why for her and not for me?' she wondered. They had once shared something, but he had thrown that into the wind for her. When it was me, he chose the Order but now it's her and he doesn't even think twice. The grief and jealousy that swept through her, surprised her. She wasn't used to these emotions, she hadn't expected them.

She and Obi-Wan had chosen the Order over love. A life of duty rather than to do as their hearts told them. It had been a mutual, if reluctant, decision. Both the decision and the reluctance had been mutual.

He must have gotten over that. Must have thought that she wouldn't mind if he ran off with another and flaunted it all over the media.

There was only one question she wanted to ask him: ”œWhy her and not me?”

Edited by Guest

This is my signature. You seem to be reading it.

Interesting, no?

Welcome to fanfic, first off! It's always good to have new blood around here.

Interesting premise! I think I got lost a little bit with all the pronouns. I'd encourage you to use their names more often; you don't have to do it every time, but with all the 'her's and 'she's, I got a bit mixed up who you were referring to.

There were a few grammatical mistakes too.

But really interesting short! I like how you told us the info we needed to know, but it didn't really feel like info dumping. And it was neat how you didn't reveal that Siri was dead until the end.

Very creative. Good work.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Very well done! I have to admit, Obidala stoes in general are not much to my personal taste, but I think this was the only one I have ever read and not been angry. I agree with Ami about the pronouns, it was a bit confusing toward the end, but I liked the twist you threw in there.

One thing:

There was a scandal.

Too declarative, in my opinion. You have a whole bunch of short choppy declarative sentences there at the beginning of this, and that particular sentence just doesn't really do very much. Even if you were to say, "It was a scandal of epic proportions!" it would be better. Just to make it a little more exciting and interesting.

Otherwise, nice short!

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

They had once shared something, but he had thrown that into the wind for her. When it was me, he chose the Order but now it's her and he doesn't even think twice. The grief and jealousy that swept through her, surprised her. She wasn't used to these emotions, she hadn't expected them.

maybe something to show which is the thought and which is the narrative?

And what's the (SIRIWAN)(OBIDALA) THing for?

Anyway, I'm anti Obidala and pro siriwan, so...

But a good start, quite interesting. Maybe you could furnish more details of the scandal?

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Ami: Sorry about the pronouns. I did that for a reason. In that, Siri, at that point, couldn't bear the thought of her name. Or something like that. I forget. I did try to italisize it when it was refering to Padme, but I might have missed a few...

Ani: I'm against Obidala, too. I just thought it would be interesting to explore how Siri felt about it. I'm glad it didn't make you angry!

The declarativeness was there for a reason. Sort of, to make an impact. But I don't think it worked very well.

Dartha: Yeah, I should have differentiated between thoughts and narrative. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, the (SIRIWAN)(OBIDALA) thing, was supposed to be a border between scenes. This is an old story, and I've stopped using that particular type of border since then.

I'm pro-Siriwan, too. But you're not going to get much more from this one-shot. There'll be another one, sometime in the future.

Interesting, no?

God I love the thought of Obi-wan and Padme, I loved it ten times more than the thought of her and Anakin.

Very well written put, in the perspective of the "almost lover".

Goodbye, my almost lover

Goodbye, my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

What are you guys doing here? (suspicious)

I'm SO not pro SiriWan, and I've read ONE good Obidala. So y'know. I prefer Star Wars with no pairings. But the short wasn't a bad thing, I wasn't insulting you when I posted that. It made it an easy read.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Almira: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Andon: Good.

Tania:

But the short wasn't a bad thing, I wasn't insulting you when I posted that.

And I wasn't insulted! It's because I actually write stuff out, before typing it. I have people complain ALL the time! And don't worry, I'm pretty sure this is the only romance one I've got. There may be one more...

Interesting, no?

Ok, I'm bored. Hence, I'm giving you a humour one-shot!

And this one didn't require code!! And Ani, you may have seen this before. I'm pretty sure it's a G rating.

Fun-Sized

Mace took another step back as he observed the scene in front of him. Qui-Gon Jinn was currently risking his life. After being refused his latest request, by none other than then Yoda, himself, he had proceeded to state, that for all Yoda thought he could order people around, he was smaller than everyone else in the room, with the exception of Master Yaddle.

Mace, glancing around, noticed that apart from himself and the two arguing Masters, only Yaddle remained, the others having slipped out in the time that the four of them were distracted.

Yoda's voice had risen to an incredible degree. ”œNot short, am I! Perfectly normal my height is, among my species!”

Edited by Guest

Interesting, no?

I don't know whether to laugh or cringe.

Very amusing. I really like this part:

Qui-Gon, seemingly intent on death, replied, ”œYou lose control of all your emotions when the right buttons are pressed?”

amipaint2.jpg

This is a scene I wrote for a challenge, and as such, it's unbeta'd. Sorry, there'll probably be a few mistakes. I'd check it over, but it's quarter to 12, and I'm going to bed soon. Another G rating.

Anyways.

Avoiding the Draigon

He creeped through the Archives, overdue holonovels in hand. Hopefully the draigon would be out hunting and not waiting in her den. There was absolute silence in this place; not a soul wanted to attract the attention of the draigon.

Moving through the shelves, he reached out with the Force hoping not to sense her near by. Oh no! There she was, just two rows from his current position. He ran up the rest of the row he was in, and across the intersecting aisle. Moving quickly up the row, he reached the end and turned left into another aisle, then left again two rows later.

He reached out through the Force again; she was headed back to her den. There was no way he'd be able to get there and return the holos. He decided to wait her out. If he remembered correctly, she'd go for another prowl in about fifteen minutes, then he'd get his chance. In the mean time, he needed something to do. Glancing around at the holos on the shelves, he decided to look for one on avoiding draigons, while using the Force to keep tabs on her position.

He froze. She had moved and was, once again, on the prowl. She was headed away from his position. Thank the Force!

He moved quickly to her den and placed the holos on her desk. He was just metres from freedom, when, "Master Kenobi. Did you need assistance?"

He swallowed his fear and turned to come face to face with the draigon. "Uh. No, thank-you, Master Nu. I was just... uh, just returning some of... uh, Anakin's overdue holos." At the predatorial look that came over her face, he added, quickly, "But don't worry! I've spoken to him and it won't happen again."

"See that it does not, Master Kenobi."

Recognising the dismissal, he made good his escape. Saved by his own Padawan's bad habits. But Anakin didn't need to know that.

Edited by Guest

Interesting, no?

• 2 weeks later...

A new one! Yay! This one's beta'd, too! And again, it's rating is G.

Coconuts

Whispers echoed down the hall as Mace strode towards his next appointment, at Yoda's quarters. They were meeting to discuss some pressing issues, concerning the war. Glancing quickly at his pocket chrono, he decided that he had a few minutes to spare for a brief detour. As he rounded the corner, he caught sight of Kenobi and Skywalker, whispering furiously to each other, obviously in the middle of a heated debate.

Before he could get close enough to discern what they were saying, they noticed him and promptly stopped whispering. They stared at him as if he had just thrown up on his tunic as he made his way slowly down the corridor.

This was the first of these odd incidents.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The second came when, while in the cafeteria, Mace caught sight of Kenobi and Skywalker bickering, but whenever someone would draw near, they would pretend to be engrossed in their meal.

Mace sat down by himself, a few tables from the pair and started to eat his lunch. Soon, his curiosity got the better of him, as he accessed the Force to enhance his hearing.

He heard a mere snippet of their conversation. ”œIt's a fruit, Obi-Wan. You know I'm right, just concede, for once.”

Edited by Guest

Interesting, no?

Haha I liked the first though it was a little confusing.

The second was funny... thank goodness for Ani's bad habits!

And that last one was funny. I have had arguments over things like that in the past

Oh and I saw you are from Australia... where from in Australia?

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit
One flash of my perfect chest and he'll be knocked out in a happytime daydream.

LOL hahaha!

The coconut nut is a big big nut,

If you eat too much you get very fat.

The coconut nut is a big big nut,

This delicious nut, is not a nut!

It's a cocofruit...

(Iiiiiiit's a cocofruit)

It's a cocofruit

(Iiiiiiit's a cocofruit)

Just reminded me of this song.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

This one's unbeta'd as will be most of the following ones. Instead of staying in the prequels, we've taken a leap forward, into beyond... Luke/Mara pairing. Audio only, I'm afraid. PG-13 for... implications.

Those Tedious Tasks

The sound of scraping and sloshing water echoed in the silent kitchen.

Luke: ”œWhy do you have to cook without oil?”

Edited by Guest

Interesting, no?

Lol...I love Luke and Mara. Nice bit about scraping dirty dishes...that drives me crazy! And my little brother always comes in and says stuff like, "You missed a spot!"

The previous two were good too. I loved the coconut one. *tsk tsk* C'mon Obi-Wan, don't you know that coconuts aren't veggies?

amipaint2.jpg