Dantooine

Ary the Grey

((Just throwing out some NPCs for Mace, Moon, and AD's NPCs to rough up/duel if you wish. If you'd rather not fight them, feel free to just let those turrets blast them to pieces.))

((You, sir, get a gold star. *stickies him*))

For a few seconds, Ariel was flabbergasted, not a fantastic thing to be in the middle of a showdown. But she did barely manage to dodge the first stun club swing by inches, the sparking weapon reaching out with electrical hands to scorch her cloud-white hair. This was a bad position for both of them, the newcomer and the Echani, and though Ariel didn't know whether or not the bald woman was here to help or attack, she really didn't care. It would be a miracle if they survived, and Ariel would have to rely heavily on her combat training. What most people didn't know was, her saber was merely a training saber, and the turrets were mostly for show. Unfortunately, this played right into the Sith's hand.

The young Echani brutally uppercutted her attacker, somersaulting forwards and backspringing to mule kick him square in the chest, a blow that was sure to have sent the fat Gamorrean to the ground with the wind knocked out of his stinky lungs. Ariel whirled, her danger sense barely kicking in as she dodged the lashback of the other bumbling Gamorrean's energy shield as it clearly was focused on Moon. They were stupid and slow, but damn if they weren't strong sons of Sith. Ariel flourished her orange saber defiantly, moving towards the man in white, taking a medium fighter's pose while beginning to circle him slowly, saber in the reverse hold and ready to lash out in a heartbeat. Her saber might not be as lethal as his, but it could stop his, and it sure could hurt if she hit him in the right places...

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

There was only a child there, one who was scared of the Mandalorian in front of him. John could not understand the boy's fright, but he felt sorrow and guilt at disturbing him. The Jedi Knight did not mind the rock but looked upon the boy, and could see the force surrounding him, not yet embraced, but there, waiting for his acceptance of it. John closed his eyes for a moment and saw this boys future, and he would be more glorious than Hartel ever will be. Opening his eyes he smiled and extended a hand.

"There is nothing to be afraid of, I will take you where it is safe."

The Acolyte cackles with laughter, pivoting slowly on the ball of his left foot, following the Echani and leveling his saber at her as she circled him. "Ahh, taking me on, woman? I'll show you for the weakling you are!" With a furious yell, the Acolyte's lightsaber flashes into a blue streak, giving two successive blows, his footwork falling into a basic form per Form I lightsaber combat . The Acolyte's first blow is a fient to the saber's underside, sending out a shower of orange and blue sparks on contact. He quickly reverses, bringing it out and around, going for nothing less than a decapitating strike on the second swing.

The two Gamorreans, being merely hired muscle, eschew helping the boss in his battle with the Jedi. Instead, they go after the other target with the dagger, seeing her as less of a threat. The first Gamorrean pulls himself up off the ground, having learned a measure of caution and edges his way towards Moon. The second, lacking any finess or grace, holds his stun club overhead like a massive hammer, places his shield in front of him while still giving ample room to swing downward, and charges head on with a roar.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Moon crouched, her beskar dagger behind her back. As the dumb Gamorrean ran forward, she quickly swung her body around, leaving her arm holding the dagger limp. It swung at his knees, slicing them both open on contact. The Gamorrean fell to the floor, but managed to still come after her. She placed a heeled boot firmly on his head and applied enough pressure to knock him unconscious.

She held her dagger at the ready as the other one inched forward. "You don't want to do this." She warned, and then glanced at the other Gamorrean. "Unless you want to end up like him."

The Gamorrean squealed, knocking away her warning. Instead, he continued his approach, and Moon jumped and grabbed one of the turrets and swung herself around. She was now behind the Gamorrean, and took advantage of this. She quickly wrapped her arms around the Gamorrean's huge neck, barely able to do so. She placed the beskar dagger at his neck.

"Go, or I'll kill you."

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

Mace rubbed his nose on his sleeve and got to his feet. He had stopped crying. The man had made some noise from his mouth, but he didn't understand it. He could tell that he was trying to communicate with him. Still, there was an air of benevolence about this person. He walked up to him. All Mace did was nod.

I couldn't help but wonder upon Master Kyrell's 'condition' as i resumed my previous position. What had he meant as being dangerous to me? What kind of condition was it? Was it that easily caught? Clouded by such thoughts, i found it hard to concentrate at first. And they weren't easily removed. Breathing in and out, i tried to calm my mind. Minutes passed, maybe even hours, i could not tell. Finally, after my curiosity got the better of me, i verbally erupted with little control.

"I'll make you that promise, Master Kyrell." I said, a sly but innocent look upon my face. "But you have to tell me a little bit more about this 'condition'."

In truth, i was just curious about it, and he really didn't have to tell me anything if he didn't think it was relevant. Turning back to my meditations, now having asked about the subject helped clear my mind. I was able to concentrate now. I knew he wouldn't answer right away, or even upon this day. But one day he would. And then my curiosity would be fed. But now was the time of training, and i needed to get back to it.

Following the same path as before, i opened myself to the calming effect of Master Kyrell's aura. Letting his inner peace combine with my own, it fell completely to the Force's will. But i did not fight it this time, despite my natural instincts to do so. No, this time i took his words to heart and let my soul flow freely upon it's gentle current and embraced it fully with all that i was.

There came a small spark at first, same as before. Then it came on stronger until my heart nearly jumped from my chest as it's tides flowed to and forth from me lives gentle waves crashing upon a near by shore. I still had fear for it, but blocked such emotion as i let it go. Stronger and stronger it came, my vision reaching further and further across the planet's surface. Voices erupted through-out my mind, nearly causing the breaking of my concentration once again. My head ached, so many voices, so many lives, filling my thoughts.

But they grew fewer and fewer as my determination became my will and soon grew near silent as i released myself and gently flowed down it's raging river. And that was when it became all clear, it's watery effect growing calm and collected. Almost like floating upon a slowly drifting creek, i felt calm and alive, almost care free. I saw that i could control what i saw, and devling deeper, could know one's true nature. Master Kyrell had not led me wrong.

Letting go and opening my eyes, i saw that it's gift had not left me. Though i still could no longer see with my eyes, i could feel it and all my surroundings. With each sound, i could feel it's echo moving about me. And through it, i could see. By the Force, i could indeed see. Turning to Master Kyrell, gazing upon his form as if i could truly see it, i spoke but two words.

"Thank you."

Malin makes a decision he would tell his new padawan the details later, when he had the time and convenience. Focusing on more imporant concerns, the Jedi master just dives further into his meditation. Lost in the peace of the Force, it takes a thoughtful effort to focus on what his padawan felt and was experiencing. Smiling underneath his face mask, he "watches" using his sixth sense in the Force.

"You have taken your first step into a larger world," he says finally, responding to Kenshi's words of gratitude. "It is a great step, but only the first of many that will lead you onto the path to enlightenment, and if you so desire, the path of a Jedi Knight. What you see now, and what you are experiencing, is a harmony with the Force and with the parts that make it up."

Malin's words continue on, his thoughts spreading out. There are motions of some kind of disturbance in the far distance, but Malin also knows that it will end well, foreseeing its conclusion. Dismissing that, his attention drifts back to the now and with his padawan.

"That harmony allows a Jedi, if he is disciplined, if he is in control, to work miracles. Belief is central, and with this faith, the impossible may be done. When one's mind and spirit are in harmony, the Jedi can create a new harmony around him through the Force. It is through this bidding partnership that a Jedi achieves what he does."

His head tilting, Malin focuses on a single leaf on the ground, barely the length of his index finger. Calming himself further, directing his attention, he reaches through the Force, crooking his finger at the leaf and causes it to rise up in a slow, rocking fashion that was the visual reverse of the way it fell from its tree. He holds it aloft, flitting it over through the air towards his padawan. "Feel the leaf, become one with it, and hold it aloft," he instructs. "Let us see how long you can levitate it."

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

The first Gamorrean let out a loud cry as his knees buckled, wobbling in a brief panic before he fell and a swift blow knocked him unconscious. The first, hesitating after its earlier blow, soon finds itself in a peculiar circumstance ((though as a rule of thumb, it's bad form, if not illegal, to post the direct actions of other PCs and even NPCs not under your control)). Caught up by the Mando girl with a knife as his throat, the Gamorrean goes limp, sagging against her as he has apparently given up.

Immediately after this feint, he flexes all his muscles flinging his arms to the side, throwing the girl off him. He half pivots, using his energy shield to bludgeon her away, knocking her off her feet and on her back. With a bellow, it keeps the energy field in front of him, pressing it down towards Moon in an effort to pin her to the ground. In its right hand, it raises up the stun club, and brings it down in a side stroke, aim right for her head.

The Acolyte continues its duel with Ariel, trading blows and parries, the lightsaber and training saber clashing back and forth ((Normally Ayrian's NPC might be subject to a defeat under the 3-day rule, but since I promised to be a good sport, it's not going to happen)).

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

((Good sport, Robbie...I was absent, flying back to Iraq. Thanks. I'll take it from 'a decapitating swing.'))

Ariel threw herself backwards as the bluish blade whipped around, knowing she had neither the footing nor the momentum to accurately block the strike, and she was a tad late in dodging it. A nasty searing sensation raked her throat, barely burning it as the tip carved a miniscule cut into the skin. But a cut from a lightsaber, no matter how shallow, was nothing to shrug off. Her cry of pain only brought her more, and her Echani battlemind kicked in full throttle, she knew this was a fight she had to win.

She hit the floor, twisting midair and shoving off to shoulder roll to a crouch, quickly turning to summon a small but potent Force blast that would knock him into the wall behind him, before lurching forwards low and guarded, lashing out furiously with the orange blade she wielded. A fire now burned in her own eyes, much like his own, but this feeling ran far deeper than anger or revenge, this wasn't about some petty war between religious factions or getting back for an injustice caused long ago.

This was personal pride. And she knew full well that he had just made it impossible for him to best her. He had awakened the beast within, now it was time to face the dragon.

Blz1mwg.png

John looked down to the boy, wondering why he did not speak, why he did not give acknowledgement other than the simple nod at the Jedi Knight. Stranger still, was his lack of words even when John knocked on the door, or when the rocks were thrown at him. The Mandalorian Jedi would have to focus on those instances when he had the time to try and piece them together unless he found some sort of way of finding out on the way to the Jedi Temple.

John rose his hand and swept his hair behind his ear and gave a smile to the boy. He began to walk towards the temple, hopefully with the child in tow. He could feel the boy's presence, and the force surrounded him like no other being he had ever encountered. He doubted even He and Xae together would have the potential of this boy, though he never knew what the force was like surrounding him. And he was an oddity as it was. A Mandalorian Jedi. One whose blood mixed with the Onderonian Royal Line, thus granting him the power of the force, a race thing among his people. In any normal circumstance, he should even be able to wield a lightsaber, yet here he was, about to take his second pupil.

"So, what is your name?"

((Mace, PM me details about your character, language skills, etc. Your Character Sheet wasn't a big help))

((Resuming from where Aryian left off)).

The Acolyte's gleeful smile at the Echani's cry is cut short, replaced by a grunt of irritation and pain as he is slammed into the Temple wall. He moves quickly to parry, but receives stinging blows that cut through his white robes, burning his sides and causing a purse full of credits and other personal affects to spill out. Snarling, he parries another blow, then gives a savage kick to her midsection with a blow that would knock the wind out of her, following it with an upswing of his saber aimed for her midsection.

So what is your name?

Mace closed his eyes tightly, as he felt a stinging pain in his mind.

.:Your given name is Mace Loathay. Your path in life is entirely up to you. Destiny does not condemn you to the Light or to the Dark, as neither will stay your purpose. The Force is strong in your family. You will go forth and do right by the living entity that surrounds and binds all of us, Mace Loathay".

He opened his eyes and saw the man in front of him sweep his hair behind his ear and smiled. The man turned and began to walk toward the enclave Mace was eying earlier. Mace just stood there, confused with himself. Was he thinking these thoughts? Was this man thinking them? How could he know such things?''

"So, what is your name?"

Mace felt a haunting sense of déjà vu. The man had already said this thing, and yet he said in the exact same manner as before, and as if he hadn't said it in the first place. Mace realized the man was going away and started to follow. "Mace," he mustered.

A loud whuff echoed once in the room as the breath rushed out of Ariel's lungs, but yet again her instincts saved her as she dropped to a knee, partially out of weakness from the blow, but reversed the hold of her orange lightsaber, blocking the blow near the hilt of her saber. It still tossed her back, but the block was physically advantageous leverage-wise, and stopped his deadly blade. She was still struggling to breathe when she kicked off into a somersault, driving into the opening she had created and cleanly stabbing him in his own gut.

Which, surprisingly enough, barely did anything. Sure it stung, and would probably leave a nasty welt, but the saber passed through him without harming him, and probably wouldn't even physically phase him. It was the shock she was counting on, the shock of seeing and feeling a lightsaber in his stomach. Her one ace in the hole had been played, but she hoped it gave her the precious few seconds needed to regain her breath and strength. She breathed in after what seemed to be an eternity (in reality only a fraction of a second), and slammed upwards with her unarmed hand, hard. Should she catch him in the chin, it was sure to send him reeling.

Blz1mwg.png

I listened carefully to Master Kyrell's every word, my ears twitching like that of a Iriaz staying alert during it's graze, hanging to his every word and soaking in the knowledge he was granting to me. His words made sense to me, despite the fact that i held no experience or knowing of which he spoke. But yet, for the first time in my life, something actually made sense. I had always heard of the Jedi, and of their Force. It was well known, the miracles which they could produce. But only after touching the force, after feeling it's warm embrace, could my mind have comprehended such a thing.

My blind eyes broaden beneath the fold that covered them at first, feeling Master Kyrell's movement in the force as he used it to lift the small leaf. I could feel it's harmony through the force, a perfect combination of understanding and will. Before today, i had never thought such a thing to be possible. For i had always thought such things as fairy tales. But now it did little to surprise me. And in fact, i was very confident that even i could preform such a feat. Maybe even a bit conceded. I hadn't normally given off such an emotion. But now that i possessed the power to see, i felt anything was possible.

"Here goes nothing." I thought silently to myself as i focused once again, this time solely on the leaf. "Surely if i could see half way across an entire planet, it was possible to lift a single leaf."

The small spark came stronger and faster this time, taking only mere meters of a second to establish a connection. And it no longer felt like that of the spark i first felt. No. it felt more like the wave i felt shortly after. It still took my breath away as it washed over me, but i had started growing used to it. Slowly that of my breathing, i tried to reach outward, trying to will my own connection to the small singular leaf. I tried to imagine it's touch, the texture of it's velvety leather like skin, it's existence before me. But no. I could not do it.

I stopped, despair and embarrassment filling my thoughts and heart as i found that i had failed. I had even considered possibly giving up those small few seconds as i pondered back on my Master's words. But no, i wouldn't. He spoke of faith and belief, which i would need if i was to succeed at it. But what had i missed that caused my failure? I hadn't though. I had followed his words nearly to the tee. I started concentrating again, feeling for the connection Master Kyrell spoke of. Time passed, minute by minute flew by upon the wings of time. But yet no connection could be established.

But just as i was growing near to giving up a second time, i finally felt something. At first i could not tell what it was at first, merely a feeling of uneasiness settling over me. Then came a feeling of imbalance, as if the world around me was adrift upon an unearthly sea. I panicked slightly, fighting to stabilize it and myself. And in doing so, finally felt it. I felt it strongly, as if i could feel it's form completely engulf that of my own. And then i could see it being lifted from my Master's own connection, wavering at first, but growing more stable with each second that i held it. I did indeed have to fight to hold such a connection. But i was succeeding at it very well.

I had learnt one of the more valuable lessons that day. Not one of the force, but a lesson all would learn while training to become something. That lesson was patience. In due time, all things came to meet. It was only a matter of time before i was to succeed.

(Sorry about the time. I haven't been able to get on.

Ah, I didn't know that. I knew you couldn't control a PC, that's a universal rule almost everywhere. I thought NPC's were fair game. That last site I was on they were so I assumed. Thank you though ;D. Kay, IC time...)

"Rah!" Moon cried. One moment, she had the portly Gamorrean pinned, and the next she's pinned under his energy sheild. "Har'chak!(Damnit)" She cursed as she used all her strength to try and hold the sheild back - And then the club caught her eye. She quickly brought her forearm up to parry the blow; better her non-dominant arm than her face. She could hear the other fight going on, cursing herself for not being strong enough to join in. She loved to fight, she was Mando.

Moon's attention drew back to the sheild. She had her arm placed just right - both holding the sheild and up to block - and used all her strength in her right to hold the sheild back. Maybe... Just maybe... I can get the sheild up and turned far enough for him to hit his arm instead of mine...

"Argh!" She grunted, pushing with all her might toward the Gamorrean's face.

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

Malin observes his padawan's training, watching in a critical, detached fashion. "A start, padawan," he congratulates aloud. "A good start. Patience," he says, half-reading Kenshi's thoughts, "is one of the Jedi's key virtues." He clears his throat and rises. "Though having sustinance aids that effort. Continue your meditation, I will prepare some food and drinks."

Walking over to his ship, Malin takes out a survival kit, and opens it, removing a few ration bars of bland taste, but high nutritious value. Using some distilled water, Malin uses part of the kit to brew an energy shake. Not the best meal, but it had the essentials.

Serving his padawan, Malin removes his face mask and thoughtfully chews on his dinner, sipping down his shake. "That connection you felt was important," he says, "and its the beginning of what you will need to learn as a Jedi." Finishing his ration bar and shake, Malin rises onto his two feet. "Be mindful of how the Force flows through yourself as well. As you are able to manipulate the leaf, you can do the same with your own body. You've learned to attune your senses, but you can also attune your speed and power as well."

From standing, Malin springs into the air, somersaulting once, then lands lightly on his feet on the wing of his tiny fighter craft, barely making a sound. "As in understanding the Force, balance is key to all things. You've learned to sense with the Force, but learn to move with it." He balances himself with one leg on the tip of the ship's wing, tapping the metal with his boot. "Join me up here, and gain a sense of your movement, your body, and how the Force can aid you."

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

((Normally NPCs are fair game, but if they're being controlled against you in combat, there are limitations))

The Acolyte's shock is great. While the Jedi witch knew she was using a training saber, he lacked that foreknowledge. When he saw the saber pass into his gut, his composure melted. His anger and hate boiled forward as he readied himself to unleash a furious attack on the Echani. With a cry, he launched himself forward, abandoning finess to do something, anything to cut his opponent in two, his anger clouding out his senses, still believing he had a mortal wound.

Instead he felt something impact his chin. His last sensation was a loud crack, originating somewhere in the back of his head, or maybe his neck as it snapped, then all went black, forever. With a substantial amount of Dark side energy in proportion to the Acolyte's frame stored inside him, his corpse immolated itself, blue fire errupting through his chest and consuming the body in a matter of seconds, leaving behind only a charred skeleton, burned robes, a melted lightsaber, and some defunct electronics.

The Gamorrean, its jaws opened wide, grinned as it prepared for the finishing blow, intent on overpowering the girl before it. Its bloodlust is quelled by sudden shock, its peripheral vision catching its employer reduced to a smoking stain on Dantooine's surface. That brief moment of shock proved its downfall and suddenly it fell off balance, its shield pushed aside. The Gamorrean squealed, as its less than dexterious swing came around and hit him in his own shield arm. It fell this time, right on top of the Mando girl again, howling in pain, dropping both the stun club and shield from its grip.

((Serpe, the fight is yours, finish it as you would))

((Robbie, that was highly refreshing. Thanks. ))

Ariel was blown back by the fire charring the adept's body, familiar with its mention but never having witnessed it firsthand. Her clothes were caught in the blast, igniting her, but she dropped to the floor and rolled, putting the flames out in a short amount of time. The Echani rose, remembering the threat of the two Gamorreans, but as she turned she saw the Mandalorian clearly had the upper hand against the last of the overgrown pigs.

This day was theirs, but they had earned their own wounds. Ariel fingered her neck, the cut across it, wincing. It would leave a nasty scar...a brutal reminder of what it meant to face Sith and live. Ariel waited for the Mando woman to finish, so she could address her.

Blz1mwg.png

Moon laughed slightly, not being able to get much out as the pig was laying on her chest. "Rah!" She yelled, and pushed the Gamorrean off her. She listened to its squeals, and then quickly came at his temple with the butt of her dagger; knocking him clean into the peaceful, numb trance of unconsciousness. She rubbed her hand across her bald head, and quickly realized she had a large wound on her abdomen. She placed her arms at her side and, hiding her pain, slowly walked to the girl who fought alongside her.

"I've craved a good fight, haha." She coughed, holding her stomach. She looked at the Echani's neck. "You alright?"

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

"I am fine. Lightsaber wounds cauterize instantly, they do not bleed, but it stings quite a bit. Hurts a little to talk."

Ariel coughed, not being able to help herself.

"He was after you, you know. New recruits into the Jedi. I should have felt it before you walked up, but my senses are too dull to receive further training. I can, however, get you to the other Jedi, that's probably your safest bet right now. You'll probably even get a master in no time..."

Ariel stared off down the hallway, hiding her jealousy. If only she had skill enough to be accepted into the full fold of the Jedi...but she didn't. Ariel sighed, turning and continuing towards the hangar.

"Follow me. I can give you a ship that will take you to where the Jedi currently are."

Blz1mwg.png

"Ah, alright then." Moon said, following the girl.

Finally, she thought, finally I'll get to the Jedi and carry on my father's legacy.

She then thought for a moment more, thinking of her future and what it holds. Then she remembered what the girl had said earlier.

He was after you.

Ha, the Darjetti(Sith) are actually worried.

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

In no time at all Ariel had led her to the hangar, where several snubfighters sat, one prepped for takeoff.

"Take the E-wing. It's already been encoded with encrypted destination coordinates, upon an autopilot route. Once you reach Helix, seek out the hopefuls. The Master governing them should know what to do."

Ariel bowed, traditionally wishing her farewell.

"May the Force be with you. May the Force be with us all."

((Feel free to arrive on Helix whenever))

Blz1mwg.png

The boy uttered his name and it was simple. He added no more information, nor did he elaborate on who or how he got his name. Hartel just continued to walk, slowly entranced by the beauty of the Dantooine plains. Breathing in the air, he decided to learn more about this boy and how he came to be. Maybe get this shy one to open up more.

"I hope you don't mind the Jedi Temple Mace. It is rather cozy sometimes, but very different from a family environment. No one cooks our food but it seems like an endless army of attendants. It may not be as good as anything you've had before. I hope that is okay?"

Hartel wondered if an open question will reveal the boy's heritage. Or any portion of his current state of being.

In one of Dantooine's prefabbed rest areas a group of now Republic soldiers relax. A few infantry sections and a squadron of pilots. The ranking officer amongst them. A man named Colan sipped on some Corellian Ale. A drink he had never thought to taste properly again after the destruction of his homeworld in the Arach'tar war.

Relaxing after a simple escort mission the troops had a few hours of leave before they were due to fly back. As the Republic Officer kicked back he began to reflect on his time with the Republic.

Namely his service in Sentinel Squadron with Gren and his mixed time as a commando before Gren had been promoted to brasshood and yanked him along for the ride.

(As requested 1 NPC waiting.)

sigyh.jpg

(Thanks, bud.)

The black 22-B Nightfalcon Speeder Bike's engine whined loudly as it sped across the plains of Dantooine. It was carrying no cargo. It was modified so it could hold two passengers, though right now, Jhoren was its only one. He steered around a tall rock formation, nearly side-swiping it as he went by. He had turned too late, and felt his shoulder graze the edge of it. He wasn't hurt, though he was sure that a small bruise would be there when he checked his shoulder later.

At the moment, his mind was currently filled with thoughts of his grandfather, his parents - who had died when he was a baby ”“ and his future. Was this what he was going to be doing for the rest of his life? Running errands for his aging grandfather, who had recently discovered that he was no longer able to do any of the difficult chores that their farm required of them? He knew that his grandfather could end up on his deathbed any day now. His hearing, for the most part, was gone. His sight was failing him, as well. All that was left was him, though his bones were fragile and his memory slow. The typical curse of old age, Jhoren knew. He felt sorry for him, that he wasn't the tough-as-a-rancor person he once was. The man had raised Jhoren, gladly taking him in after his father took his own life. His mother had died shortly after giving birth to him, from complications that she had developed during her pregnancy with him. He couldn't remember either of them, of course. There was only his grandfather, and it pained him to see him the way he was.

Managing to focus on the task at hand, he realized that he was lost. Had he overshot ten his destination? Chances were, he had. The area he was now in was unfamiliar to him, despite the fact that he had seen the majority of the planet already. He had lived on Dantooine for ten years, having been born and raised on Coruscant for five. His grandfather and grandmother brought him up there until he was five-years-old, then after she died, his grandfather moved them to Dantooine. Living here was much cheaper than it was on Coruscant. The crime rate was lower, and there wasn't the never-ending noise of traffic over his head. Dantooine was much calmer”¦ much more tranquil than Coruscant ever was, or would ever hope to be, as far as he was concerned.

He cut the engine, which forced the speeder bike to come to an abrupt halt. He looked around, realizing that he had been going in the wrong direction. Blast! Nothing was ever easy when he went to run errands. But then again, it was his own blasted fault for going in the opposite direction of Khoonda, which was one of Dantooines more notable towns. He sat there, debating whether or not to just go back to his grandfather's house, or risk the battery of his speeder bike to reach the town”¦

jhorenn222.png

"Thank you." I spoke to Master Kyrell, his words of praise and congratulations uplifting my spirits just a bit. "I could use a little bit of nourishment myself."

As Master Kyrell went about fixing the meal, i continued my meditations, thinking back upon the things i had learnt so far. Patience was a big key to it all, but confidence and self belief would play an important part as well. Such had i first learnt during the lesson of my connection with the Force. Fearing such power had only hindered me. But allowing it subside and growing self confident, i had learn not only to forgive, but to see. And with an understanding for patience, i had grown a better understanding for many things.

Taking the handed ration bar and shake from Master Kyrell, i sat idly across from him, listening to his words and slowly eating. Again i wondered on the skin disorder, his appearence no different than my own, or so felt through the Force. But that was thrown afoot, a small oat flake from the bar going down my windpipe and causing me to briefly cough. Quickly drinking down a big gulp of the shake to relieve the slight tickle at the back of my throat, i finished both and rose with him. Opening myself once more to the Force, i watched and listened closely to his movements and apparent thoughts.

"So you also increase your strength and speed with the Force?" I questioned curiously as he jumped from the ground onto the ship's wing. "Interesting. What else can one do with the Force?"

The Force was coming to me easier and easier with each lesson and understanding, a Jedi's power coming not only from the Force, but his knowledge and understanding of it as well. I could feel my body growing lighter and stronger as i devled into it's mystical properties, searching for the truth of it's lesson and allowing it's knowledge to take hold. And as i trusted it's path, i attempted to copycat my Master's instructions. Letting the Force's will guide me, i too jumped into the air and after a brief somersault, and landed a bit rougher upon the glistening wing.

It seems my having been blind for so long did enhanced my senses naturally. And with the Force, i could actually mimic one to a degree.

Malin continues to balance himself up on the wing, gracefully flipping over and supporting himself on two hands, then on one, holding himself aloft, raising his arm to lift himself up all the way on his hand. With his movement is the silent expectation that Kenshi join him, or at least make the effort.

"One's senses, ones physical attributes, and ones mind can all be bolstered by the Force. Physically, one can run faster, jump higher, and undertake bouts of strength that surpass what one is normally capable of."

Malin lets his breathing continue, flexing his legs in the air, "standing" almost vertically.

"You've learned the basics of reading your surroundings, learning to control elements around you, and in turn your own body. The Jedi is in tune with the Force, and this becomes both thoughtful and instinctive: one must bolster one's mind."

Malin continues his stance, his voice now taking an echoing quality, clearly inside his padawan's head.

The Force can touch the minds of those around you, and strengthen your own. With it, one can read memories, thoughts, and feelings, and even influence the senses and memories of others. A strong, controlled mind is resistant to what the Force can do, and a strong, controlled mind, set in the ways of the Force is stronger still, unbending and capable of causing others to bend to one's will.

The sensation of Malin's probing in Kenshi's mind comes on, a brush stroke through his memories and thoughts, sifting, but not looking for anything in particular.

This is a powerful skill, but one that must be done for understanding and to defend one's self and others. There are those who would rip apart another's mind for domination and selfish desires, and through tha path, delve into the Dark side.

Malin, even as he probes, doing so for the sake of obviously probing, he throws up a shield over his own mind. It is light and firm, but bright as well, as if offering a deliberate challenge to his padawan.

Malin.jpg

((Mace we are still on the plains of Dantooine, not in the Jedi Temple yet ))

Hartel smiled as the boy did not reply. He hoped he would speak up soon, but he would allow the boy to do so in his own time. In the meantime they marched across the long grasses, hearing the distant howls of a Kath hound. And then over the hill there it stood, massive, and welcoming.

The Jedi Temple.

"This will be your new home Mace."

The Jedi began to descend the hill into the valley below where the temple was. He noticed the small band that was outside the temple before was no longer there. The force still carried an imprint of the battle that took place there. Hartel figured this could be a good first lesson for the boy.

"Mace, if you look toward the entrance to the Temple there," he said pointing to the entrance for Mace, "do you sense anything about that place and if so what?"

He closed his eyes. Sense? Was that the 'feeling' sensation he had? There was a battle there. Yes. Living beings making war with each other. Hostile invaders had come. Those who were here before defended it valiantly. The invaders were unmatched, it seemed. Easily cast aside.

His right eye twitched and his head jerked slightly to the side. He saw... red again. This red was different. More red. Redder red. It flew through the air, stained the grass and skin. He saw a Zabrak and a Human wreaking havoc. With bright sticks of red light in one hand and blue-purple jagged light being cast from the other. There was a woman screaming as she crawled away from the carnage in vain. A man tried to intervene, but the Zabrak dispatched of him with ease. He then picked up the woman by the shirt and struck her down; ending his rampage, having killed the set number of victims he planned to. The Human was floating in the air in a piece of metal; a ship. He spoke to him and fled away like the fastest of birds, toward the heavens. The Zabrak simply stood there, basking in his glorious carnage.

He opened his eyes. Tears coming from them. The red was blood. It was death. It was genocide. He looked away. The images still burnt in his mind when he looked at the landscape. Something horrible happened here. Began here. And he was somehow connected to it. He looked up to the man who had approached him earlier. Some unworldly presence that flooded him gave him the words he needed.

"I don't... like... here," his said eyes still red from his tears.