Fan Fiction Hall of Fame

Okay, so this is kinda similar to the "Recommended Reading List" sticky...but different.

I thought it might be cool to have a FanFic Hall of Fame. We could put the stories that have won "Best Story" or all the ones that have won FF awards in the past on it. I would be willing to do the research for it.

I think it would be cool, because it would not only give new readers some guaranteed good stories that they could read, but it would also give others who wanted to go back and reread their favorite story a place to go get the link without searching.

Also, I know I've been curious in the past what stories have won in the past.

If you all think this is a good idea, then maybe we can do it. It can be a sticky or announcment or something.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

The point of the 'recommended reading list' was really just to make a list of fics going on that were really recommended, not so much just finished or award winners. A lot of the time there's fics without many readers that really do deserve more--not just because the author's popular. What I really wanted to do with it was create a list of stories that contained information about them, since otherwise you're just jumping into a story without any idea--or just the author's idea of what it is.

It was fun to have a list of stories that OTHER people were giving thoughts on. If fanfic gets active again, definately worthwhile to make a databank, of a sort.

A list of 'fanfiction award winners' would be a fun sticky.

A list of completed stories, though--that might as well go in the recommended list. Build that list up, people!

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I'm glad you guys like the idea...'cause I already did all the work, if only for myself.

Here's how geeky I am...I even put it all into a spreadsheet so that you can find a particular winner by category and year, or can see the winners of the Best Story award (for example) for the last five years... If anyone is interested I can email it to them...but it's a serious geek level.

I have all the awards with the nominees and the winners, which are in bold. The only remaining issue is getting the links to all of those fics. Do you think I should do that, or skip it and let the people find the stories themselves? If I do find the links, the other issue is that I don't know how to make the link imbedded into the title.

Or maybe just the links to the winners?

amipaint2.jpg

You are SOOO a geek. Spreadsheets are awesome. Oh yeah, there's GOOGLE SPREADSHEETS if you wanna put it online. I dunno the URL, though. I mean, I know docs.google.com. That's fun. XD Fun for co-writing. Yeah.

XD

I can't make spreadsheets, though.

But I do think you'd need the links. I know how to embed links with HTML and BBC, but not Spreadsheet Code.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I have it in a Word document too. As for the embedding stuff--just that thing that I've seen done here. Like, you did it in the Recommended Fics thread. Where you could click on the title and it would take you there.

I should look up those Google spreadsheets. I feel that I should at least make it available, even if I'm the only one who ever looks at it.

Edit: Wait, I think I just learned how to do it! Ha! I did it!!

amipaint2.jpg

Uh, you didn't know how to do that before?

[ URL=http://www.blahwhatever.com] WORDS [/ url]

For anyone who cared.

Spreadsheet plz! Lol. My mom makes spreadsheets.

spsig.jpg